• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
Mish Mash of Power

The Badlands. The Storm King's Castle. Late Afternoon.

Currently, Zygarde was finally approaching the Storm King's Castle which was nestled in a pile of sharp rocks. This would be the final time it would have to deal with the Storm King's shenanigans. And joining Zygarde was none other than Greninja, who had finally caught up, assisting his friend. Just what the Storm King wanted as this would indeed be the final time Zygarde has to chase him

The sea in front of them was overlayed by a huge creation of rocks thanks to Zygarde's power. But since the Storm King wished for this to happen, the things he prepared for Zygarde's arrival were about to spring into action. It hadn't even reached the castle yet and there were already traps.

They showed themselves once Zygarde got close enough, being specifically catered to capturing the Order Pokemon. From the seas, the water would rise, revealing a shape that resembled the letter C. This was meant to hold down Zygarde's body as it would fall right onto its back. Greninja leapt over the water the second it got too close.

Zygarde was suddenly pinned down by this water formation, forced down on its own rocks. Zygarde roared once it was pinned but that didn't mean it wasn't out of the picture immediately.

Many Storm Creatures were seen pushing massive boulders over at Zygarde's path, attempting to crush the Order Pokemon while it was stuck. Zygarde was currently unable to move as the main approach was to have the boulders strike Zygarde while it was pinned down by the water which was obviously done by magic. However, the one thing the Storm King did not account for was the presence of Greninja.

"Ninja!" Greninja ruined this in a heartbeat by using Cut, slashing away at the Water. Just like that, Zygarde was free, having Greninja as support. As for the boulders, they were immediately disposed of once Zygarde used Thousand Arrows. Zygarde used energy from the very ground it had created moments ago, summoning multiple green energy arrows that would pierce the boulders. Though they may be small, they were powerful and plenty.

The arrows would also approach the Storm King's Castle, ready to damage it and make an entrance for the Order Pokemon. However, expecting this, the Storm King also set up some defences. And these ones were rather recent. The jagged rocks were manipulated by the Storm King's power from his staff, expanding and forming a blockade that was made up of Zygarde's own power.

The arrows were stopped the moment this blockade appeared, preventing Zygarde's attacks from getting through. This blockade of rocks had not ust Zygarde's power bu the Sea Temple Crystals and a bit of Reshiram and Zekrom's power to boot. And thanks to the crystals, a little power can make a large difference.

That wouldn't stop Zygarde and Greninja from trying to enter. Zygarde used Thousand Waves, causing the ground underneath that it made to suddenly explode. As always, the rubble was being manipulated. More specifically, the blockade that the Storm King was manipulated as Zygarde's attack managed to affect it.

The blockade was starting to come down thanks to Thousand Waves as the nearby Storm Creatures would quickly run off. The blockade came crumbling down, destroying the expanded landmass which was uncommon for Zygarde. But in this instance, destruction was the way to go. The Storm Creatures quickly activated as many traps as they could, just to make sure Zygarde does not succeed in any way.

More traps were inbound for Zygarde but this time, Greninja was leading the way. The traps that tried springing up were immediately taken care of by Greninja who had used Cut once again, forming a kunai of light to slash through the traps. Most of them were catered to Zygarde and its physiology. But not the physiology of Greninja. The Ninja Pokemon used his amazing agility to flip over some of the traps, evading them the second they showed up.

This also allowed Zygarde to get ahead of the traps after seeing Greninja avoid them. The Water-Dark-Type avoided these massive corridors that appeared from the side, resting in the sea and attempting to smush the Ninja Pokemon. To avoid this, Greninja went higher than the corridors which were already incredibly high. These were meant for Zygarde who mainly slithered and stayed on the ground in its other forms except for its Complete Form.

After dodging them, Greninja landed ontop of these corridors that came from the sea, running on them. And as for Zygarde, it would destroy these corridors moments later after seeing them form, using Thousand Arrows to do so. With Greninja being the one to set off these traps, Zygarde was safe from being caught in them, gradually ruining what the Storm King had set up.

"Yeesh. Legendary Pokemon live up to their status, don't they?" The Storm King said, looking in the distance and witnessing Zygarde's dedicated mission to stop him. "And that Frog's ruining all my traps too!"

"I will deal with that Frog you speak of, your excellence." said Tempest Shadow. "Zygarde will still be caught."

"Tempest, don't do this. Don't give the Storm King-" Twilight tried talking Tempest Shadow out of this, hoping to change her mind.

"Your magic? Did you think you'd keep it all to yourself? Time to share. I'd love for everybody out there to know what I can really do." Tempest Shadow looked back. "You'll benefit the Storm King greatly with the RIft Magic you have in you.

"That's right! You're the only Equestrian who has that magic in you, right?" The Storm King faced Twilight, eager to take her Rift Magic as well. "I'll be stacked like crazy once I get your magic. Both of them! And after that, it's the Princesses and every other Legendary Pokemon. Then, I can finish up where I left off with those Hippogriffs and get that pearl. Tempest. What about Ash? Why isn't he here?"

"Sorry. I forgot about Ash Ketchum. I unfortunately did not take your recommendation." Tempest Shadow apologized.

"Bah, it's fine." The Storm King shrugged it off. "I mainly wanted the Princess after all. "I can deal with him later. Anyway, I was talking about the pearl."

"You won't get the pearl either..." Twilight grit her teeth. "No matter what, you won't have the chance to turn into whatever you wish. And even if you do get that chance, my friends will stop you. I know about it."

"You fail to realize the potential with that pearl. Any Pokemon he wishes to be. He can become it. Especially the one they call Jirachi." Tempest smirked. "Honestly, you should've used that Wishing Power from Jirachi while you had the chance. What a waste..."

"You think I can become that Pokemon? Nah!" Suddenly, the Storm King denied such a possibility.

"What?!" Tempest Shadow and Twilight Sparkle both gasped, stunned by what he said.

"I know a bit about that pearl. It can turn you into anything sure, but it has its limits which sucks. If there's something stronger than the Pearl, the transformation won't be a success. The best you'll get is a weaker version of what you want to become. But that's going to change with the power of the Sea Temple Crystals so I guess it's still possible. And I can bet that Rift Magic will help boost that as well. Time to take it out of you, Princess!"

Twilight at least learned something new about the pearl. It was powerful but if there was a power greater than it, its true limits would show. And Jirachi was most definitely beyond it. Many Legendaries are potentially above it as well. This would at least mean that the pearl couldn't be fully abused but with the power of the Sea Temple Crystals the Storm King could change that soon.

Twilight backed up while in her cage but was unable to act thanks to the paralysis which hadn't vanished yet, unfortunately. This was the worst time for it to stay active as the Storm King stood before the Princess of Friendship. The staff was aimed at Twilight as it would react to the magic she had within her. Her Standard Magic and Rift Magic were targeted.

Twilight groaned, feeling her magic being ripped out of her. Her body would gain cracks as her eyes lit up, reacting to this absorption. The colours of her magic and Rift Magic were seen entering the Staff of Sacanas and with all of this power being drawn out, merging with what the Storm King has stolen so far, an array of light would fly out of the staff.

These many colours of light would expand so far they left the Storm King's throne room and castle. The energies would all crackle as the Rift Energy was the most volatile out of them all. The Cosmic Power that made these two worlds aware of each other was now within the grasp of the Storm King as the colour of the skies were beginning to change just because of this energy.

Zygarde and Greninja witnessed this from themselves as Storm of Six different powers were being exuded. The Power to Control the Land. The Power to Control the Sea. The Power to Control Fire and Lightning and the Power to tap into what lies beyond the Earth. All of this belonged to the Storm King now.

And just by exuding all of this power, it would affect the outside. The platform that Zygarde made was instantly being taken down, changing properties. The ground was melting as Zygarde instantly fell into the water because of this Warped Earth. The sea levels were starting to rise once Zygarde fell in, the warped land would form right in between the Order Pokemon.

Zygarde's middle and lower body were now stuck within the earth itself while its upper body was still free. Greninja faced a similar problem with both his legs being stuck in the ground. It went far enough to capture his knees, keeping the Ninja Pokemon restrained.

The seas would tremble furiously thanks to this great disturbance. While there weren't any Pokemon living near the Storm King's power, this disturbance was bound to reach the rest of the Badlands, throwing it out of balance. The Storm King's pursuit of power was succeeding. Everything he wanted was coming right to him and he couldn't be happier. And with this newly attained power, what he failed to retrieve once could be achieved with so much energy in just one staff.

The cage Twilight was in had broken apart just from the power absorption, but at this point, Twilight was rather weak, lying on the floor as her magic had been pulled out of her. She took a deep breath with her horn letting out small crackles and fizzles of magic that had been disrupted.

"Oh yeah! This is more like it!" The Storm King said, raising his staff. He would then approach his balcony, stepping over Twilight's downed body. "Check this out! Now that part of the sea is all...a Tundra!" With this opportunity, the Storm King would change the land with the added power of Rift Magic.

With a beam of light and Rift Energy flying out, a part of the sea had been hit. And in just a second, a piece of land was starting to form, colder than anything here. A Tundra was being made, magically forming out of thin air over the sea. Zygarde watched its power being abused once more as the Storm King continued to go wild with it.

He created a Tundra that was completely out of place. But he didn't stop there. A second later, he fired his staff once more, using it to create something else. Or rather, replace something. In the distance, he noticed a small town that was not Klugetown but someplace else. A place where they weren't even aware of what was going on. The perfect place to experiment.

"I never liked the look of that town. Let's make it a Savanna!" The Staff was then used on that town in the distance that the Storm King could barely see. It reached the town swiftly, immediately, changing the foundation of it. Years of natural landmass was quickly being replaced. The residents of that town felt their home being altered into something far hotter than what they have.

Thanks to Reshiram's power, the temperatures were also being affected when merging with Zygarde's power. The Storm King was practically a child playing in a sandbox, having absolute freedom. They ran for their lives once the appearance of Savanna appeared, crushing their homes. Buildings were either being brought down or overlayed and covered by the Savanna, ruining the lives of those living there.

The Storm King laughed, feeling immense glee as this was the most power he had. With seemingly no limit, he could reshape the world in his image. And now, it was time for him to go wild as he raised his staff, shooting all the energy he could into the air. The magic would then explode the air, unleashing multiple beams that each possessed Zygarde's power with other energies sprinkled in there.

With this, the Storm King targeted random locations across the Badlands, changing up the land into whatever he wanted. The Badlands were already claimed by him but he wished to expand it even further and one way to do it was connecting every piece of land to his castle, making it easier for him to get to wherever he wanted.

Swamps, deserts, mountains, tundras, wastelands and so many more were being created, furiously bursting out of the sea or other established landscapes. These landscapes would shatter, making way for the new ones. The ecosystem was being broken down at a rapid pace, ruining many bubbles of life for the creatures and even those just trying to live their lives in the Badlands.

"Great! But I know I can do more than this! And that's by taking everything Zygarde has! You hear that, Zygarde?!" The Storm King shouted at Zygarde in the distance, not forgetting about the Order Pokemon. Zygarde was already breaking down the piece of land it was trapped within, using Thousand Waves to do so. Greninja assisted, using Water Shuriken to attack the ground, slowly breaking the rocks apart.

However, the actions of Zygarde and Greninja were instantly brought to a hold once something else caught their attention. Greninja felt a familiar presence. The Bond Phenomenon deep within him was going off as a familiar Aura could be felt, being nearby at the moment. And this Aura was getting even closer. He knew this Aura from anywhere. It was Ash's Aura.

"Hm?" The Storm King soon noticed this interruption as his eyes met with the object in the sky. Or rather, the beings that were carrying this object. At this very moment, Reshiram and Zekrom could be seen as they were still carrying the Grand Equestria. Avoiding the altered land that the Storm King was forming, they protected the Grand Equestria by moving through the air.

"Reshiram...Zekrom..." Twilight groaned before putting on a smile. "That means that everyone else is here."

"It was only a matter of time until they showed up," said Tempest Shadow, expecting this to happen.

"Twilight!" Screaming out Twilight's name at the top of his lungs while standing at the edge of the Grand Equestria was Ash, whose voice would echo for many to hear. Greninja was right about this familiar Aura as the voice fully confirmed it. Hearing Ash's voice was very reassuring to the Princess of Friendship.

"I knew they'd make it here eventually... it's because..."

"Yeah, yeah! Friendship, and flowers, and ponies, and bleh!" The Storm King interrupted. "Very soon, all this cutesy stuff across the world is going to come to an end once I turn Equestria into the New Badlands. And I'll start by taking down their Top Ponies!"

His staff was aimed at the Grand Equestria, aiming to use his newly obtained power against it. This far surpassed what he had previously, giving any Legendary Pokemon something to worry about. Reshiram and Zekrom felt a great increase of power entering the atmosphere. The storm clouds above were changing colours thanks to the power the Storm King was exuding from the staff.

A great light would shoot out of it, having the potential to cause catastrophic damage, prompting Reshiram to counterattack at once. He used Fusion Flare, quickly intercepting the beam before it could harm anyone else. A large flame that sie of Reshiram's entire body was thrown out, meeting with the beam.

Once the two attacks collided, the Storm King's beam would become erratic, shooting out sparks that each had the power to do something. Such as causing a turbulent tidal wave that would rise out of what was left over from the Sea. This tidal wave then transformed into a Water Tornado, rising to great heights which were enough to reach the Grand Equestria. As for the Fusion Flare, it cancelled out the Storm King's beam but the damage had already been done.

The outburst of both attacks equalizing caused a shockwave strong enough to make Reshiram flinch. A strong gust of wind also came from this, holding the two Dragons back. Everyone onboard the Grand Equestria could feel this pressure despite being inside. It was so great it was reaching the indoors as they weren't even safe here.

"At this rate, I'll be more than just the Storm King! I'll be King of the World!" The Storm King laughed before thinking about it. "Nah, the Storm King still sounds better!"

Yes, yes, you are every bit as powerful as I promised, Sire, now, restore my horn and I swear to use my magic to serve you!" Tempest Shadow requested. She did his bidding and managed to help him acquire this much power. It was mainly the Sea Temple Crystals that did most of the work and Tempest was the one to successfully retrieve them. Naturally, she felt like getting her horn back was the right reward for this.

"Bahahaha! Who cares about your dinky little unicorn horn?!" Suddenly, the Storm King turned her down, focusing on his enemies in front of him. The pressure he unleashed from the staff also made Tempest Shadow step back as her eyes widened after such a response.

"But... we... we had an agreement!" Tempest Shadow uttered, confused as to why she was being turned down now of all times, especially when she has come this far in helping the Storm King obtain so much power.

Get with the program! I used you! It's kind of what I do!" He boasted, caring little for Tempest Shadow. "Now move aside! I've got better things to do than restore a horn!" By emitting more power from the staff, he would send Tempest Shadow flying just from the sheer pressure of it.

Seeing how dangerous it was getting in the air, Reshiram and Zekrom descended, letting the Grand Equestria land. But it wouldn't land in the sea. A Water Tornado was currently on the move, after all, ripping through the sea. The ground was the safest place for it to be in now. And once it was placed down, everyone onboard would leave at once.

Ash had already leapt out of it, followed by Pikachu and some Golurk that were carrying their Trainers. It was straight for the Storm King's Castle as that was where they could find Twilight and the Crystals.

Tempest Shadow yelped after being launched by the wind, prompting Twilight to take immediate action. She lost her magic, but she did not lose her Rift Magic. Because of the way Rift Magic works, her magic will regenerate, always having a spare bit of it to use. And when seeing Tempest fly off the balcony, Twilight used her magic to save her. The best thing she felt like she could do was summon a platform. A platform of light was made by Twilight's Rift Magic, catching Tempest Shadow and giving her a soft landing.

The unicorn with a broken horn gasped after realizing what was occurring. Her potential fall to her doom was prevented by none other than Princess Twilight Sparkle, using the most of her magic that was slowly recovering. "Why are you saving me?" She asked, bewildered that Twilight would try and save her at this moment even after everything that has happened.

"Because this is what friends do." At that moment, Twilight showed Tempest Shadow what things could be like when having friends around. Saving the lives of another was one of those things. With all of her might, she pushed the platform forward, bringing Tempest Shadow back to the balcony.

"Awwww! Isn't that just so sweet!" The Storm King stamped his staff, feeling gagging after witnessing that. He was very much over this, aiming his staff at the two ponies before shooting out a beam made out of Reshiram and Zekrom's power.

Quickly, Twilight would use her Rift Magic to form a shield, protecting herself from the incoming beam. But this was not strong enough. Not for a moment. The second the beam struck the shield, it shattered it instantly with a crash fire and lightning. Both Twilight and Tempest were damaged, crashing into the nearby wall. They couldn't hope to defend against such a power. They both then fell down, hitting the floor hard after such a blowback.

"I-I can't believe I helped give him so much power..." Tempest Shadow uttered as she had given the Storm King plenty of power to use, unfortunately.

"I'll at least thank you for that!" The Storm King laughed before looking back past the balcony. Outside, Celestia's forces were already storming his castle. The Storm Creatures were prepared to try and stop them as the most amount of Storm Creatures could be seen here compared to when they launched attacks on others. The Storm King twirled his staff, prepared to use more of the power he gained to cause some of the most random yet destructive actions he could.

As for Ash, before he could rush in there to try and free Twilight, he noticed two familiar faces that were stuck in the ground. Greninja and Zygarde could be seen. He couldn't just ignore them. Not when they were trapped, unable to take action at the moment thanks to the Storm King.

"Greninja! Zygarde!" Ash yelled out their names with glee. Right behind him, plenty of noise could be heard thanks to the confrontation between Celestia's Forces and the Storm King's Forces. "I knew you'd show up eventually!"

"Pikachu!"

"Greninja!" Greninja was pleased to see Ash. He would run up to Ash if he had the chance but his legs were still stuck as this part of the ground had been fortified by the Storm King, gaining greater durability. But with Ash here, that could change. "N-Nin! Grenin!"

"Hold on! We'll get you out of here! Pikachu, use Iron Tail!"

"Chu...Pika!" Hardening his tail, Pikachu assisted Greninja and Zygarde's attempt to break free from this part of the ground. Thousand Waves were already being used along with Water Shuriken. But with Iron Tail joining in, their chances of breaking free had been raised. As the ground was starting to shatter with these three powerful attacks being brought down, Ash looked back, gazing at the Storm King's balcony which wasn't too hard to see. Especially with what was happening up there.

The Storm King confronted Twilight and Tempest, having the power of three Legendary Pokemon plus the Cosmic Power of the Rift. He had certainly succeeded in his path to power and that was by using Tempest Shadow to get the Sea Temple crystals which boosted everything he stole. Twilight, instead of reuniting with her friends, would stay here to try and stop the Storm King while she had the chance.

But she wasn't foolish for this. No. Twilight Sparkle knew that her friends were coming. She expected nothing less as a huge heap of help was on the way, charging through the Storm King's forces. It was all a matter of getting that staff out of the Storm King's staff. The crystals can be ignored for now. As long as the Storm King does not have that staff, there was a great chance. That is what Twilight thought and she planned to execute it.

As the journey continues.


Chapter 212 End.

PreviousChapters Next