• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,321 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,321

PreviousChapters Next
Potion Metamorphis

Equestria. Canterlot. The Pokemon School. Day.

This was the same day that Rainbow Dash took on the Battle Frontier a second time. And away from that battle were the lessons at the Pokemon School which did not involve fierce battles that appeared as Heavenly Events. Although, there were some battles that would take place but only momentarily.

And at this moment, Twilight Sparkle was speaking to Potion Nova in her classroom as the topic related to the Battle Frontier's Battle Casino.

"That's right. All of that was me." Potion Nova spoke, referring to the mystical energy over at the Battle Casino that caused all those random effects. From the move-stealing to the blackout, Potion Nova's potions made those effects possible, giving spice to the Battle Frontier.

"How long did it take for you to study the Pokemon again?" Twilight questioned. "Because this feels like it's been years in the making."

"I'm a fast learner. When it comes to potions, I'm a master." Potion Nova said with a proud face, knowing that her potions were starting to really get out there in the world. "And as a bonus, that's something I aim to teach the students."

"You'll teach us how to make potions?" Sandbar said.

"Even better. I'll teach you how to make Potions based on Pokemon. I had to use Infinity Energy to make it all possible. And that's exactly what I'm going to teach you. Plus you, Twilight."

"Pssh. You can't teach the principal." Smolder scoffed before seeing the expression of Potion Nova, which said otherwise. Can you?"

"Believe it or not, she can. I was interested in the potions when I learned about her and I've wanted to learn about them myself." Twilight admitted. "But I still don't get how you managed to maintain Infinity Energy to the point where you have so many Pokemon Potions."

"Hm-hm-hm." Potion Nova suddenly chuckled menacingly. There was something she was hiding and now was the best time to show it. "I brought this in the other day without anyone knowing. Teaching the children about this was my go-to plan from the start. It's straight from my home."

The unicorn would back up against the wall before pressing her hoof against it. Suddenly, a magic circle would appear on the wall. The walls would open up as Potion Had something in store that would change so much for the students of the Pokemon School. Behind the wall was a large container that was shaped like a star. And in it was a ball of Infinity Energy.

The students all gawked at it as the Infinity Energy appeared in many colours. The colours of the various Pokemon Types that exist. The wonderful power that not only gives life to the Pokemon World but grants them their amazing power. And Potion Nova just had one on her.

"So that's what you've been using?!" Twilight gasped.

"It has so much that is associated with Pokemon. Moves, Abilities and Types galore. I had to do a lot to make this possible. Experiment with plenty of potions just to try and contain this. And a lot of rebuilding too." Potion Nova explained. "With this, I can make as many potions that are related to the Pokemon as possible."

"We get to use this?! Really?!" Gallus stood up.

"Of course. Under my guidance of course. Something this powerful needs to be taken care of. For those who wish to make potions based around Pokemon, I've got you covered."

"I wanna!" The students would immediately storm over at Potion Nova's direction, wanting to learn about Pokemon Potions. Potion Nova had them hooked indeed.

"And make sure you use these." Potion Nova used her magic to hold up many empty bottles that were prepared for the students. "Don't try and scoop them up. Just hold it near the Infinity Energy and it will gravitate towards your bottles."

All the students would grab onto as many bottles as they could with some of them feeling greedy and wanting more than one. The Infinity Energy was not radioactive but it wasn't safe to touch either. After all, it was a collection of energy with different types in it. Some hot, some cold, some poisonous and some that were truly arcane.

Smolder managed to hold four battles. Her hands, mouth and tail were used in this instance plus some assistance from her Charmander, making it five bottles. The duo would snag some Infinity Energy, filling the empty Potion Bottles with them. There was no choice on what part of the Infinity Energy the students would get. It would just be random. And once they all get their fill, the experiments can truly begin.


Manehattan. Battle Carnival.

Over at the Battle Carnival, Nadya's second battle with Rainbow Dash had come to an end. And right as Rainbow Dash and her friends left, Nadya would be met with her fellow Frontier Brain Luca. Delphox had just been healed up after his intense battle with Mienshao, feeling truly refreshed.

"Nadya. Do you have a moment?"

"Sure. What is it? By the way, how'd I do in battle? Pretty good, right?" Nadya grinned.

"Very good. But you nearly took us out there. We're lucky that Rainbow Dash stopped the attack before it could get out of hand. What I wanted to talk to you about is how you've been recently. There's something definitely wrong, isn't there?"

"N-Nothing. I'm perfectly fine." Nadya would still deny it, crossing her arms and putting on a smile. But the fact that she stuttered didn't help her at all.

"Nadya..." But Luca saw past that. After what happened earlier, he knew that something was up with Nadya.

"What?" Nadya grimaced, trying to keep it hidden. "No way."

"Yes way. If something is wrong, you can tell me. OR anyone here at the Battle Carnival. We help each other after all. Is there anything you want to talk about?"

"Nothing I wanna talk about," Nadya muttered. But while standing there, she realized that Luca wasn't going to leave anytime soon. He was too concerned for her well-being to do so.

"Del. Delphox." Aware of this issue was Delphox. How could he not be? Delphox also wished that Nadya would inform others about this. Even though there was a high risk of her parents being harmed if the situation involving this mysterious group was made to light, Delphox still wanted this to be over with as soon as possible. Surrounded by her friends who cared too much about her, Nadya submitted and blurted out what needed to be said.

"Mmmrgh, fine. There is something. But promise to stay quiet about it. I don't want it getting out there." Nadya requested.

"Sure. Whatever it is, I'll do what I can to help."

"It's my parents, Luca. They've been taken!"

"Taken?!" It was more serious than Luca could imagine. He now knew that Nadya's parents had been kidnapped and were hostages. He expected it to be family troubles or even trouble with someone else. The latter was true but not to the extent that Luca expected. "By who?"

"By Pokemon Hunters."


Canterlot. The Pokemon School.

Back at the Pokemon School, everyone had finally gotten their own bottles of Infinity Energy, ready to use and experiment with. Twilight even snagged one as well.

"Alright, I think that's everyone," said Potion Nova. "We all have our bottles of Infinity Energy and we can start small. Always start small. We can't go too big right now even if we wanted to.

"What does starting small even look like with these?" Smolder questioned while looking at the potions she and Charmander received.

"There are lots of ways to start small. And the best way to do it is how I did it back then. All I did was have my Ponyta unleash a move into the potion bottle. The Infinity Energy may be pulsating and filled with every type out there but needs something to get it started. So unleash your moves onto it, but it has to be weak. If you have a powerful move. make sure your Pokemon holds it back. If it's a naturally weak move, then you're alright. And one extra thing. Do not drink it, please."

"Question." Yona would raise her hoof, preparing a question that Potion Nova was not ready for. However, it was not a question at all. But rather, a declaration.

"Yes, Yona?"

"Yak has drank the potion." She said without a worry in the world.

"You WHAT?!" Potion Nova bellowed as her scream nearly shattered all of the bottles. Everyone would soon turn to face Yona, seeing that she had indeed drunk the potion bottle with Infinity Energy. Half of it was now remaining.

"Mmm." Yona didn't make it any better as she made it seem like it was delicious, putting on a pleased face.

"Alright! Just stay there and don't move!" Potion Nova immediately started panicking. Yona would stay completely still with her pupils shrinking, fearing that she may have done something wrong.

"Yona was thirsty..." Yona admitted to why she did it in the first place. She was just thirsty and the only thing here that appeared somewhat consumable just happened to be the potion of Infinity Energy.

"W-What's going to happen to her now that she's drank it?" Ocellus asked.

"I...I..." Potion Nova grimaced, before closing her eyes. "I actually don't know."

"You don't?"

"I've never drank it myself or seen anyone else drink it. All I know is that it's full of every Type and drinking it wouldn't be safe for the body. There are plenty of risks that can come with it. This is first."

"Do you think she'll turn into a Pokemon?" Gallus said, not taking it seriously at all. Some of the students took it seriously while others didn't. Some found this to be fascinating.

"Will she explode?!" One of the worried students exclaimed.

"Anything could happen. All those potions I made have varying effects and drinking a bottle of Infinity Energy could do the same but potentially worse." Potion Nova sighed. "Before we start, I should probably figure out how to remove it from her body. I should've made a potion for that in case something like this happens."

"Oooh..." Just then, something was beginning to happen. Both of Yona's eyes would shrink and grow constantly as her body was reacting to the Infinity Energy. She would then let out a golden light. Twilight, Potion Nova and the worried students braced themselves for the worst. Yona didn't look that phased by what was happening. Just rather intrigued.

And before she knew it, her hooves were starting to wobble. She would look at her hooves, slowly raising them even after being told not to move. But she just couldn't resist. When raising her hooves, they would suddenly transform. No longer were they hooves but they now gears. These gears were not fully connected either. There was no line putting them together. It made it seem like they were floating there, similar to how an angel halo hovers over an angel.

"She got gears for hooves?! Amazing!" A griffon shouted.

"Did she become part Kling? Or Klang? Or Klingklang?" Sandbar wondered.

Fascinated by this, Yona would bang her massive gear limbs on the table, dealing damage to the wood. The way she was moving them made it feel like she's had them from the start. It was rather easy to control. Yona smiled, moving her Gear Arms as they would also rotate, being completely functional.

"Write this down. Write this down." Twilight nudged Potion Nova as something like this had to be noted. Potion Nova was on it, using her magic to grab a nearby pen and note, instinctively writing down the necessary notes without even looking.

"Are you okay? Your hooves are gone." Ocellus asked, worried about Yona's well-being. "And how are you moving them so easily?"

"Yak feels fine!" Yona said with enthusiasm, swinging her gear arms around. Ocellus and the nearby students would duck as Yona crashed them against the walls, dealing some noticeable damage. What this transformation ended up doing was giving Yona a new way to break things. And seeing this made her fellow Yaks pleased. This meant that the potion was potentially free to drink if an outcome such as this could happen. "Yak feels like metal hooves have been here all the time!"

"Really? It doesn't feel brand new." Twilight slid over. "That sounds an awful lot like Pokemon Evolution."

"It does?" A young pony said.

"Mhm. When some Pokemon evolve, their bodies don't feel too different from before. It's mainly their strength that's different. Obviously, for Pokemon who gain drastic changes when they evolve, it's most definitely a new feeling. Dragonite's a good example of that."

"Alright. At least you're not in pain." Potion Nova sighed with great relief. "That's one thing we can note. It doesn't seem to hurt you when consumed. At least, so far."

"Why'd it choose gears specifically?" A Hippogriff questioned.

"Well...Mmm..." Potion Nova tapped a table, trying her best to find an answer. She would have to refer to her potions to find an answer as this was rather bizarre.

"If I had to guess, the Harmony Phenomenon could be a potential answer." Twilight brought up her own answer before Potion Nova could say anything.

"I wasn't thinking about that but...sure. I mean, we're in Equestria and this is the one place where the Harmony Phenomenon can happen. Aside from Equestrian Forms, this is one of the Pokemon Exclusive things we have." Potion Nova added. "I was honestly going to mention my potions. But none of them transforms your body into that of a Pokemon."

"As for why it chose gears of all things..." Twilight would think, once again using the Harmony Phenomenon as a way to understand this. "For Celestial-Gardevoir, that phenomenon is only possible because of Mega Evolution and the bond that Celestia and Passion share. It's a deviation from the evolution we're used to. And most evolutions are based on what the Pokemon wishes for or the species it is."

"Wait, that's how they work? I thought it was just a biological thing."

"Some of them are. But of some them cater to what the Pokemon wants. Bagon wants to fly so it becomes a Salamence. the Gardevoir line is all about love and embrace. Even Eve evolved from forming a strong bond with her and during the day, of course."

"So what? Your desire is to have gears for arms? Or become a gear?" Gallus spoke. "I didn't even know Yaks knew what gears were."

"Yaks never knew." Yona and the other Yaks de-confirmed that possibility. Gears were not accessible to everyone after all.

"Or this could be something completely different. It might be the Infinity Energy choosing something for her." Potion Nova replied. "In any case, I need to find a way to remove it before something bad happens."

"Oooh! Does this mean we get to drink it too?!"

"Uh, well, for Yona it was safe for her but I'm not sure what will happen if all of you drank your potions." Potion Nova shrugged. "We can't be too safe. So no one should drink from it at any cost."

"Aww..." The students uttered with disappointment. Many of them were craving the possibilities of the Infinity Energy Potion and what they could offer.

"For now, write about the various potion types and what they do. That'll keep you busy for a while." Potion Nova instructed before approaching Yona. "There are enough books for that. Yona. Come with me. I have a potion that might fix this."

But the second Yona would move, another amazing outcome had been revealed. It wasn't just her front hooves that have transformed but it was also her back hooves. Gears replaced them as well, however, they were much smaller and kept a majority of her original hooves intact. The other students have just now noticed this as the second Yona walked, she instead levitated.

Yona felt her body leave the floor as she was taking flight. Potion Nova's jaw dropped as the young yak was now airborne, levitating above everyone else. All this did was further tempt the students to drink the potion. Even those fearful of what they could do were starting to have second thoughts.

"Levitation." Twilight nodded. "Nice. The Kling Line can levitate. Do you think she's taken on the traits of that evolution line?"

"Uh...M-Maybe." Potion Nova muttered before sighing. "I wish I was well-equipped for this. That way, I wouldn't be so shocked. It would've been so great to introduce something like this to the students."

"Aw, I thought it was flying. Oh well." Gallus would ascend along with the other griffons and Dragons. "How does it feel being in the air for the first time? Great, right?"

Yona wasn't too sure yet. Unlike the feeling of moving her new limbs, being in the air was a different kind of feeling. She wasn't that high up and neither was she out there, up in the azure skies. All she knew was that this made it easier to travel around. She would start moving once more, soaring through the air as it further confirmed the truth that this all felt natural.

"Twilight." Potion Nova looked up at Yona in disbelief. "If I were to drink the potion...Do you think I could possibly empty it?"

"Yes," Twilight answered without hesitation. "I once emptied out all of my magic just to make myself a vessel for Rift Energy and now I have Rift Magic. I'm sure Infinity Energy can work the same. It's easier for someone who has quite the knowledge about Pokemon though."

"Good to know. I'm not really being the best teacher I can be right now, huh?"

"You did well yesterday. You're a great teacher without a doubt, Potion Noav. But when it comes to Pokemon, we also have a lot to learn." Twilight raised her spirits, confirming something has always been true but slips away at times. The knowledge of the Pokemon World was truly unknown.

"If I were to drink this..." Smolder was now truly enamoured by the potion. And so was Charmeleon.

"I don't think we should if it worries, Ms Nova," Sandbar suggested.

"AH, Yona looks fine. Just when we thought something could go wrong for her, it's only been getting better for her. Tell ya what...After this class, let's drink them in secrecy."

"We might have to keep the potions behind after class is over though." Ocellus saw this as a bad idea in the making, just like the Blastoff Gang.

"That's why it'll be in secrecy." Smolder winked. "Why should she get to have all the fun?" Smolder and even some of the students had plans for the potions. No matter what, the curiosity of a child was on another level. Even those who agreed not to drink them were being tempted as they witnessed Yona across the air. Yona had all the freedom in the world as those gears were not weighing her down at all.

In a way, she was technically a Pokemon. Just not fully one. The mystery of Infinity Energy was simply an example of how grand the Pokemon World truly was and there was never a sign of the possibilities coming to an end. And with Equestria added into the mix, those possibilities were going to keep growing as new ones were being formed.

Watching all of this play out was none other than Team Rocket. They witnessed the phenomenon before their eyes and were equally as amazed as the students. Still in their school disguises, they skipped out on their jobs just to spy on the classes to see what they could gather. And they hit the jackpot.

"Look at that. I underestimated that Potion Pony. I didn't think too much of her." Jessie gasped.

"It's a bit like Zecora, isn't it? She made potions but not on this level I don't think." James gawked.

"We need those potions. At once!" Jessie declared. "If we drink from them, could you imagine what we could become? I could become the Perfect Pokemon I've always wanted to be~"

"An Exploud?" James commented, referring to how loud Jessie was and how much she nags.

"If I do become one I'll blow you away!" Jessie roared at James proving his point.

"Wouldn't it be better to give it to the boss? I don't need that stuff. I'm perfect the way I am." Meowth confidently said, seeing no reason to drink the potions.

"Yes, yes. The boss will get this for sure. But we have to be the taste testers in this." Jessie leaned over towards Meowth. "As a bonus, whatever we get, we can use to become better. Psychic powers. Fairy Magic. The possibilities are endless!"

"It gives Team Rocket a certified upgrade!" James gave a thumbs-up as the three of them agreed on what had to be done. Another one of Team Rocket's antics was in preparation. After classes end, they knew what they were doing after this. There would be a great heist of Infinity Energy. First the container and then the bottles.

With the Infinity Energy Potions now having the possibility to grant the user anything upon drinking them, intrigue in these bottles have skyrocketed to new levels as they were now widespread. And poor Potion Nova had no clue what she has just started as the journey continues.


Chapter 236 End.

PreviousChapters Next