• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,321 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,321

PreviousChapters Next
Advice from a Ruler

Equestria. Ponyville. Twilight's Castle. Afternoon.

Returning to their own dimension were Ash, Twilight, Spike and Potion Nova, showing up at Ponyville once more. After spending some time over at that strange dimension, meeting with Galaxy Master, they were ready to call it a day. Ash was certainly satisfied as he technically met his father.

"That was something else. Subspace Pokemon are sweet. I wanna know more about them but there's not much. I'll head home and tell Mom all about this for sure!" Ash spoke, reminiscing about how Subspace Pokemon were discovered in that dimension. Unfortunately, not much is known about them just yet.

"Potion Nova suggested I should come by sometime and learn from her. I'm interested in all those potions she has." Twilight added, interested in Potion Nova's potion back at her Green House. "But that's enough for today, don't you think? Those two are pretty busy thanks to the Dread League. We can be a bit relaxed knowing how hard they're working."

"Yeah. I got pretty caught up in that and almost forgot what I was gonna do today." Spike was so into everything that his plan for today had been dismissed for a while. "I think I'll start by-" However, the second he and his friends passed through that door, two surprise guests were standing there.

"Hey, Spike." Greeting them was Ember, who was right next to Thorax.

"Ember?! Thorax!?" Spike cried out their names.

"You didn't show up at Mareidlin Path. So I came to you but you weren't here either." Ember revealed why she was here, causing Spike to remember. "But, Starlight told me you were pretty busy dealing with something, so that's fine. You're here now though."

"Sorry about that. I was gonna head there but I got caught up in some stuff with Galaxy Master and another dimension. It's neat stuff, honestly. "Thanks for showing up here for me. What about you Thorax? What brings you here?"

"Oh uh..." Thorax rubbed his hoof, appearing to be nervous. "Well uh...I just came here for some help. That's all. It's been a few days since Queen Chrysalis made me King and it's not been easy."

"Struggling?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah..." Thorax sighed as he wasn't exactly doing a great job at being a King. "I know she put me in charge because she saw something in me, but I'm not seeing it. Taking care of an entire hive is hard, even if I've watched how it's done. I came here for some advice...if I can get it, that is. I was lucky to get here as soon as I could with how the terrain's been changing."

"Uh, well...I'm not exactly the right guy to ask about ruling something, let alone a hive." Alas, Spike wasn't eligible for this. "Have you tried asking Ember? She's a ruler and you're both here. I'm guessing you already met up with each other while I was gone."

"Oh, he asked me. But I can't help him with this." Even Ember couldn't help out with Thorax's problem.

"I thought you could though. You're the Dragon Lord, aren't you?"

"Yeah, but, I'm not that kind of ruler. Dragons do things differently and ruling over them counts. It's not like everywhere else where you gotta govern something. They all do their own thing and I'm just there to keep them in check."

"That is true." Twilight could indeed confirm it based on what she's read about dragons. "If you want help with something like that, you might want to ask Mellifera or even Princess Celestia."

"I tried that too but she's pretty busy. Queen Chrysalis being so badly harmed is making her work harder now. So I came here for some help. I was thinking of heading to the Crystal Empire for help until you all showed up. I even tried going to Mellifera first but Arceus knows where she is...Twilight. You're a Princess, right? And Ash. You're the King of the Sea. That's like the majority of the world."

"He's got a point, actually. Ash you own most of the world." Ember looked at Ash, bringing up that fact.

"I do? Never thought about it like that. Well, I'm doing a pretty good job, even if I'm not there. Then again, Alo's the one putting in all the effort since I left him in charge. Every time I go back there, I'm still the King to them." Ash explained, shrugging afterwards.

"And I'm the Princess of Friendship. I'm not exactly ruling over anything." Twilight was not much of a ruler. She wasn't a ruler at all. Thus, she couldn't share anything with Thorax.

"Don't bother asking either of them for help." Suddenly, appearing out of Ash as a shadow before taking on his real form was none other than Sombra, the former ruler of the Crystal Empire. "If you want advice and help from a ruler, here I am."

"Sombra?!" Twilight immediately gasped as bad thoughts were already swirling in her mind.

"I am the one you should be looking to. If you're having issues, then allow me to sort it out." Sombra stood tall. "I'm right here."

"Oooh, you can help out?"

"Of course, I can." He put on a smirk that made Twilight wince. "Hive or not, I can get you up to speed."

"Oh, no! No way!" The Princess of Friendship vehemently shook her head. "You can't have him help you!"

"W-Why not?" Thorax asked, unaware of who Sombra was.

"It's best that you rule in your own way, Thorax instead of having Sombra teach you. You don't want the hive turning into something else. Or worse...turning back!"

"Relax. I'll just give the boy a few tips here and there." Sombra added. "If anyone is fit to tutor him, it's me. I know plenty about being a ruler after all."

"The worst kind." Twilight side-eyed Sombra, not trusting him with this. She was worried that Sombra would change the Changeling Hive back to how it originally was and in return, bringing the Changelings back to their original forms.

"Tch. You're just overreacting. What do you take me for? Aren't you the one who prides on helping others?" Sombra scoffed. "Is that so wrong? Do you think I'll ruin it for the Changelings?"

"Yes," Twilight replied with honesty. That is exactly what she believed.

"I assure you, I won't. I'll simply tutor this young changeling since he's so lost."

"I wouldn't mind it. I really need the help." Thorax would accept it either way, wanting Sombra's help.

"See?" Sombra smirked at Twilight as he already won Thorax over. The former King of the Crystal Empire would then approach Thorax. "You shouldn't have to worry about anything. Listen well, boy. Leave it to me."

"Okay. Thank you, sir." Thorax kindly thanked Sombra for choosing to help him.

"Mrrgh...Ash. You're bound to him. I'm expecting you to keep an eye on him. Spike. I'm counting on you too, okay?" Twilight didn't want to be too safe. Sombra still exhibits a need for power. The only reason why the Sea Temple was safe was because of Ash. But with the Changeling Hive being so vulnerable, Sombra could take advantage of it by using Thorax. That's what Twilight was worried about."

"Yeah, I'll go," Spike said. As for Ash, due to what Twilight knows, he and Sombra were bound to the point where Sombra could only be in the same city, town or other location with him and could never go beyond that. Such was the known drawback of his possession.

"Not this time. Don't you remember?" However, Sombra intervened with that. "Ash was kind enough to give me freedom. Granted, the effects of my magic are still in place and can't be changed, but I'm now allowed to go beyond just the same location he's in. At least for a few hours or so. This is my one chance for that so I won't waste it."

"Y-You actually went through with it, Ash?!" Twilight stammered, surprised that Ash actually gave him that opportunity.

"It happened after we met Radiant Hope. Trust Sombra, okay, Twilight?" But Ash had faith in Sombra, putting his trust in the Umbrum. And if Ash puts his trust in someone, then it's powered by powerful faith. "You'll have Spike there just in case. Don't worry."

"Okay...If you say so." Twilight found it hard to doubt Ash's faith. Reluctantly, she agreed to this. "Spike. Be careful."

Ah, it'll be fine." Spike shrugged. "You don't gotta worry about a thing."

"Boy. Before I leave. I may require one of your Pokemon." Sombra requested a Pokemon from Ash. "We'll be going directly to that hive to see what's become of it."

"Oh, I don't think it'll be directly there," Thorax replied. "It was tough for me to actually get here. The terrain's changed a bit ever since the two worlds united. And the Pokemon are growing unruly because of how their homes have changed. I had to shapeshift a lot to avoid getting hurt."

"Alright then. Gengar and Sirfetch'd will keep you safe." Ash would take out two Poke Balls, passing them to Sombra. A worried Twilight grumbled after seeing Sombra get a hold of some Pokemon.

"So much for today's plan." Ember sighed. "Spike. At least make it up to me by letting me come along."

"Ah, sure sure," Spike said. "Sorry about today though. A lot's happening."

"I shall be back. My time limit away from you are 7 hours at best. You might see me before midnight." Sombra said as he only had 7 hours to be away from Ash's vicinity and location. After that, he will be whisked back to Ash's body. Sombra, Spike, Ember and Thorax would leave the castle, leaving Twilight rather worried.

"They'll be fine, Twilight." But Ash reassured her. "The only thing they really gotta worry about is the Pokemon that are getting unruly."

"Yeah...The only thing."


Along the way, Sombra's group would travel through some fields to try and get to the Changeling Hive. What they had to watch out for were the Pokemon and apparently the terrain. Spike would travel on the back of his Salamence to get around easier. He wished he had his wings honestly, then he could fly side by side with Ember and his other Dragons.

And already, they came across one of the effects that this new world had on the terrain. Days after the Box of 100 Demons incident, the effects reached an area that would lead anyone near the Faye Mountains, which was where the Changeling Hive was meant to be.

One part of the field had been transformed, having its terrain raised to new heights. Standing before them was a blazing mountain that made its own terrain which contrasted greatly with the fields. The fields were lush and beautiful while this mountain was rough and brash.

But it wasn't just the fact that it was this huge. Flames were flying out of the mountain, making it seem like a volcano. One would say its less destructive but still threatening. And the Pokemon here felt the same way. Due to the terrain change, the homes of the Pokemon living on these fields have been greatly disturbed. But the Pokemon that found homes at the fiery mountain were more than pleased.

"H-Hold on?! What's this?!" Spike shouted as this was never here before when heading to the Changeling Lands. It was only a few days ago that he came here.

"See? It just showed up out of nowhere." Thorax said. "It's been hard to get around it since it's been stretching so much. That's actually one of the worries over at the hive. Everyone there's worried that we might have to move again with how things are changing and I'm not sure I'm ready to make that move."

"And you won't make that move. Moving because of something like this? Pah!" Sombra scoffed. "In this day and age, we have the solution for this."

"Came out of nowhere, huh?" Ember pondered for a moment. "It was never here before. Which is a lot like that Winged Mountain."

"Oh, yeah. The Winged Mountain. What's up with that thing, anyway?" Spike asked. "Has it always been there? And how'd it grow so fast?" It was rather odd. And judging by what Thorax was saying, this Fiery Mountain also showed up out of nowhere, affecting the terrain. It was almost as if it was placed here instead of naturally growing.

"Worry about that later. How hard is it to reach your hive, exactly?" Sombra asked.

"Uh...I had to do a lot of shapeshifting to get around it. Flying over it wasn't an option that worked out." Thorax explained what he had to do to reach Ponyville. "When I got past it, I saw that it kept growing and revealing more of itself. There's more of it that won't stop showing up. I'm worried about what it's done to the other surrounding areas. It might be harder to get to the hive now."

"Nothing a good Pokemon can't handle." Sombra wasn't bothered by this at all. He would then hear the sounds of Pokemon crying. Specifically, the ones who were growing unruly at this Fiery Mountain's creation. They tried destroying the mountain, using every move that they could. Streams and waves of attacks would pummel the mountain, causing the Pokemon living on it to take notice.

Their home was being attacked as well. This time, by the Pokemon themselves. Granted, they were failing to destroy it thanks to how sturdy this mountainside was. Incredibly sturdy, even. With all of these attacks flying into it, it barely broke anything off. A group of Houndour were barking at the Pokemon who rejected the mountain. They were yelled back at by some Grass and Normal-Types. "Houndour!"

Clearly, one side loved this while the other hated it. And the effects were showing. The flames from the mountain had torched parts of the field, creating large holes from the destruction while also totalling homes that Pokemon have made. Most likely, this was happening across different parts of the world due to what was being reported.

With a furious fire combusting from the mountain, a Houndoom would come over to try and intimidate the Pokemon who rejected the mountain.

"Shouldn't we do something about that?" Spike asked, pointing at the Pokemon bickering.

"I've seen this before." To Ember, it was very casual to her. This wasn't any different from the Dragon Lands. Even the mountain reminded her of it. "But if we're gonna get there, what are we gonna do about this mountain?"

"Gogoat!" With all of this arguing, it didn't take long for some of them to retaliate. When one of the Hondour used Incinerate, a Gogoat would intercept it with Energy Ball. Soon, a fight broke out between the two sides. It was Grass and Normal vs Fire-Types.

"Houndoom!" Flames would fly out from those living on the mountains, annoyed that the Pokemon would try and destroy their home. But the opposing Pokemon who lived on these fields were losing their homes thanks to the growing mountain.

"Ah! T-This is bad!" Spike gasped once the Pokemon started fighting against each other. "We should maybe do something about this! They could all get hurt!"

"Hm. It does look like a problem." Sombra narrowed his eyes. "I've already begun planning to deal with this obstacle in our way and it seems those Pokemon have tried but failed."

"I'll handle it." Ember would fly over, attempting to calm the Pokemon down the same way she kept all the other dragons in check. As for the mountain, it was still growing even with this argument, showing no signs of slowing down. But noticeably, it was starting to take a shape.

"Huh?" Thorax would notice this first. The very top of the mountain was morphing into something, taking the flames that were bursting out of it. It looked like it was forming a claw with how parts of it would extend out. "It's changing! Look!"

"Hm" Sombra and Spike would look over, spotting the morphing mountain and how it was transforming the top into a claw. The flames would even help outline the claws to give it some flair. However, this wasn't exactly the best sign as this meant that the mountain would keep developing.

"Alright. The time to act is now." Sombra held out a Poke Ball. "Serve me at once!" He threw it into the air, summoning Gengar.

"Gengar! Gen?" But upon showing himself, Gengar saw that it wasn't Ash who sent him out. But instead, it was King Sombra. "Gengar?"

"The boy has left me in your care this time. For only 7 hours. For the time being, you'll listen to me." Sombra explained it as quickly and efficiently as possible to Gengar, letting him know that he was in control. "So...This is what I need you to do."

"Hey! Knock it off, all of you!" Ember got in between the squabble, grabbing the attention of the Pokemon. "You'll only make things worse this way!"

"Houndoom!" Houndoom barked at Ember with the other Houndoom snarling at her. In response, Ember would do the same, using the sound of a dragon which far surpassed that of a dog. Her snarl was so intimidating, letting out flames that it ended up making the Fire-Types pull back, but not Houndoom.

"You guys aren't any better." Ember turned to face the Pokemon living on the field. "Do you think attacking their home is gonna fix it? What's wrong with you?"

"Do! Dodrio!" However, it was the Grass and Normal-Types that would object to Ember's words, surprisingly. They were already expressing how much they hated this mountain. It already showed up a few days ago and ruined their homes and it showed no signs of stopping at all.

"Yeah, I hear you and all. It sucks what happened to your homes. You're not the only Pokemon out there that have had their homes messed up by this." Ember sighed. "I've seen it. But this won't fix anything. Besides...your attacks are pretty lame and won't break through it."

"Go!?" Gogoat and the others gasped. That much was true. The mountain would not break with these attacks. Not at all.

"If you think you can fix this by attacking those living on it, then you're all numbskulls." Ember laid it on them harshly. "You're not making yourselves look good here since they're trying to live peacefully."

"Houndoom!" Houndoom would bark once more, expressing how they've been at this for days now. But not only that, the Fire-Types here showed up to what was once an entire field that stretched incredibly far.

"You also lost your home?" Ember managed to understand Houndoom. Surprisingly, these Fire-Types were in the same boat.

"Houndoom...!" Houndoom would get next to the many Houndours, standing tall with a stout and protective nature.

"Oh, I get it. You were just looking for somewhere new to live. Your home was destroyed by this as well. And these are your kids, right?" Ember figured it out. These Fire-Types only came here because of this mountain's existence, looking for a new home after theirs was lost. And now that they've found one, it was already under attack. "Huh. Okay then...What are we gonna do about this then?"

Ember had to think about a solution to this. She could just leave and find a way past this just to reach the Changeling Hive but she'd rather handle this first before it gets out of control. "Hmm...It's not like me to do stuff like this. Spike and everyone have been rubbing off me. Spike!" She would soon call for him.

"Yeah?" Spike quickly ran over once his name was called. "What's up, Ember?"

"I've talked to them and it's trickier than it looks. The Pokemon living on this mountain came here because they lost their homes too. But it's tough for the ones living on the field since they're losing theirs. I uh...I can't do much past this. I talked to them and gave them an earful but that's about it."

"That's a tough one to get through." Spike pondered for a moment. "I could have Salamence Mega Evolve and slice off a part of the mountains. How's that sound?"

"Do we wanna risk destroying their new home though?" Ember wasn't sure about that.

"Gengar!" But Gengar was already ahead of everyone. By Sombra's order, he phased through the Fiery Mountain, ignoring the flames and everything else thanks to his advantage as a ghost. After phasing through, Gengar already found a way past this massive mountain but he also saw something beneath it. He would soon poke his head out to tell Sombra what he saw. "Gen! Gengar!"

"Ah, so we have our answer then." Sombra smiled. "Obviously this was the correct choice. No obstacle can handle the intangibility of a Ghost."

"Uh yeah. That's true." Spike and Ember collectively shrugged, not even arguing with it.

"As for your mountain problem, it shouldn't be hard to realize that this isn't natural." Sombra approached them before returning Gengar to his Poke Ball. "It seems that Gengar found our answer. A Pokemon is behind this."

"A Pokemon? Just one?" Ember narrowed her eyes. "A-Are you sure? Because it's happening everywhere else. It can't be a Pokemon that's behind this. I mean Jirachi did do this but..."

"Perhaps it's multiple or maybe it is just one Pokemon that's moving everywhere. Either way, this requires heavy action, otherwise we won't get anywhere. I'm vouching for the most obvious answer. Destruction."

"Destruction!?" Thorax gasped.

"We can't destroy anything around here! They'll lose their home!" Ember rejected.

"Houndoom!" Houndoom and the others cried out, vehemently disagreeing with that option.

"Hoh? Are you sure about that?" Sombra eyed them down. "You're so determined to keep your home, but have you thought about the most efficient way to do it? Allow me to show you why the hardest choices require the strongest wills." With a flash from his eyes, Sombra would use his magic.

Specifically, his Fear Empowerment Spell. Sombra could already see the fears of the Pokemon. The fear of losing their home was truly powerful and something he could take advantage of. The Pokemon from both sides would have their eyes glow green, showing them their worst fears and how they can come to life.

"What are you doing?!" Spike shouted, recognizing this magical glow. "You aren't-"

"Calm down. I'm only showing them what will happen if they refuse to make some compromise." Indeed, Sombra was only showing them a possibility. And the Pokemon certainly show them.

Their fears showed their homes being destroyed. However, the cause of it was from their squabbling. Their confrontations and arguing would lead to their eventual downfall. For some of them, their fears showed their mountain getting out of control. The never-ending growth of it along with the arguing could lead them down that path unless something was done.

"The best thing to do is to come to a compromise. This mountain is the result of magic. I know that much. Those other Pokemon had the right idea when trying to destroy it, but we'll go about it in a different way." Sombra explained. "By neutralizing the magic that has been left behind. That way, they can keep their homes and rebuild what was lost when this mountain arrived."

"Huh...That's not so bad." Ember actually saw the reasoning behind that. Soon, the Pokemon would all finish seeing their worst fears, knowing the results that could come from this.

"Wow! That's great!" Thorax was already listening in on Sombra, taking his advice as a Ruler. He was fully willing to have the former King of the Crystal Empire teach him and so far, he was loving what he was hearing.

"It'll be a quick process. But I want it to be focused on where the magic is the most prominent. Who here can destroy a large chunk of the mountain fast enough."

"Salamence can! When he's in his Mega Evolved form, his incredibly powerful!" Spike exclaimed.

"Sala! Salamence!"

"Good...But is it wide enough to take out a mountain from the middle instead of the top?" Sombra saw one problem with that. The mountain was too wide for Salamence to cleave in half.

"Uh...No." Spike and Salamence lowered their heads.

"I can have Zorua try and help." Thorax would hold out his Poke Ball, which had his Zorua.

"I've got something that could work too." Ember chimed in, potentially having something powerful that could get the job done.

"That's what I love to hear. And I will require the assistance of the boy's Pokemon once more." Sombra smiled. "Listen carefully to my instructions if we wish to solve two problems. This mountain and reaching the hive." Sombra had a plan and was ready to spring it into action. The journey to the Changeling Hive took longer than it usually does but that was only because of complications like this.

And most definitely, similar things were happening across the world. But according to Sombra, this was the result of magic from a Pokemon. Whether it was one or multiple was unknown at the moment. Which is why someone as well-versed in magic as Sombra was well-fit to approach this issue as the journey continues.


Chapter 109 End.

PreviousChapters Next