• Published 2nd Jan 2023
  • 4,332 Views, 1,251 Comments

My Little Pokémon: Grander World - Amarvax



Join Ash, Twilight and all their friends as the journey continues in a unified world

  • ...
12
 1,251
 4,332

PreviousChapters Next
Luminova

Equestria. Under a hole of Rift Energy. Nightfall.

Below the starry night sky, a massive hole had been sealed up by Dark Energy, laced with some Rift Energy as well. This was done by Malamar after a confrontation with Twilight Sparkle and Luna.

Twilight was being helped up by her Absol, currently perplexed and twitching after using so much Rift Magic. Escaping from this place wasn't that easy either, thanks to that seal. Now, they were trapped in this Hole of Rift Energy unless they could come up with something.

Luna would release a flare of magic from her horn, attempting to burn away the Rift Energy to pave the way. And while she could affect it, mostly with Lunar Ire's magic and the help from her Pokemon, the Rift Energy wasn't fading.

"No good. All of you! Appear!" Luna felt that she needed more firepower. With her magic levitating every single one of her Poke Balls, she summoned all the Pokemon she had on her at the moment. From Gliscor all the way up to Manectric. Pokemon of each type were present here.

This involved Zekrom, who towered over everyone here. Once he showed up, he let out a booming roar with a crackle of lightning. Surely, Zekrom was powerful enough to break through all of this.

Assisting her were Espeon and Togekiss, who would try their best with a selection of Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball and other attacks in their arsenal. With Luna having all of her Pokemon attack the Rift Energy, a massive onslaught of attacks of each Type were thrown forward, bombarding them Rift Energy.

Flashes of fire, fierce crackle and bursts of electricity, mezmerising Fairy and Psychic rays, pure concentrated Water and Grass and so on were flying all over the place. And yet, nothing. The Rift Energy was taking damage but it wasn't looking like it was going anywhere at all.

"Perhaps if we do it in succession! Zekrom! Fusion Bolt!" Luna bellowed to Zekrom before speaking to the rest of her Pokemon. She took a different approach, planning to overload the Rift Energy as fast as possible. They weren't sure if it was regenerating or anything of the sort but they had to try.

Once more, an onslaught of attacks was seen as Twilight would look over with a rather exhausted face. The attacks were flying in at a faster pace, having small windows of time for Luna and her Pokemon to breathe.

"Drat! How is there still more?! Or is it just growing back?" Luna grizzled her teeth. "Destroying Rift Energy has been done before. We've seen it happen. Why is this one so persistent?"

"It's me..." Twilight revealed the reason as to why the Rift Energy wasn't vanishing.

"You?" Luna turned back to her fellow alicorn.

"Because of that clash, some of my own Rift Energy is sticking around. Malamr took advantage of that. That's why he made this hole in the first place." Twilight answered. "As long as I'm here, it'll never vanish."

"So, Malamar is using you as the vessel. That slimy...!" Luna hated that fact. Malamar didn't just do this out of desperation. Even though he was the least experienced when it came to Rift Magic, someone like him could use its Cosmic Abilities to its most Terrifying Capabilities.

"I can't control it either. Not in this state." Twilight took deep breaths. "I've never had to use so much Rift Energy in one spell. My body feels like it's spinning on the inside."

"Stay strong, Twilight. You shouldn't do anything and let Malamar have his way." Luna said, trying to comfort her.

"I'll call for help." Twilight would have Absol take out her Xtransceiver, helping her hold it. She at least had that. The sooner we get help, the better. I don't think we can get out of here on our own right now."

As Twilight attempted to use her Xtransceiver to call for help, the Rift Energy within the abyss surged in response, its chaotic waves pulsating with newfound intensity. A palpable sense of dread filled the air as Rift Energy reacted violently to the presence of the device, its ominous aura crackling with malevolent energy.

Luna and her Pokemon watched in alarm as the Rift Energy's response grew more pronounced, its swirling mass contorting and writhing with increasing ferocity. The very fabric of the abyss seemed to tremble under the strain, ominous ripples spreading outward from the epicentre of the disturbance.

"Hold on!" Realizing the danger they faced, Luna quickly moved to shield Twilight and her Pokemon from the brunt of the Rift Energy's onslaught, her protective barrier enveloping them in a shimmering veil of magical energy. Yet, even her formidable defences struggled to withstand the sheer force of the Rift Energy's onslaught, the barrier quivering under the relentless assault.

Zekrom would get in the way, shielding every single one of his friends from the energy as well. With his large size and incredibly durability, he would take the brunt of these pulses, standing strong against them.

"My Xtransceiver!" Twilight gasped as her device was beginning to break down right in front of her eyes. The Rift Energy was growing in one spot, increasing in power. And in response, Twilight's body was taking damage since she was the vessel.

"Twilight?!" Luna shouted.

"Sol?! Absol?!" Sensing Twilight's growing distress, Absol let out a low growl of concern, its fur bristling as it instinctively moved closer to its trainer. Espeon gasped, doing the same once Twilight was beginning to drop to the ground. Luna, her expression etched with determination, redoubled her efforts to bolster the protective barrier, pouring every ounce of her magical strength into maintaining its integrity.

"If it grows in strength...I take damage as well." Twilight groaned, realizing what this all was. "Because I'm recovering, the Rift Energy recovers too...I can't handle this!"

Twilight's voice wavered with a mixture of fear and frustration as she struggled to comprehend the dire situation they found themselves in. The realization that her own recovery was inadvertently fueling the growth of the Rift Energy sent a chill of dread coursing through her, amplifying the strain she already felt on her weary body.

Luna's expression hardened with determination as she grasped the gravity of Twilight's revelation. The peril they faced was unlike anything they had encountered before, a relentless cycle of destruction fueled by Twilight's very presence. With each passing moment, the Rift Energy surged stronger, threatening to overwhelm them all.

"That won't happen." Luna couldn't let Twilight suffer all of this damage. The options were thin. Incredibly thin. There was seemingly no one out there to help them and as Twilight recovers, the Rift Energy grows stronger while damaging her body some more. "Florges!"

"Flor!" It would be up to Florges to heal Twilight. Or at least, keep her from suffering as much damage as possible. She used Aromatherapy, covering the Princess of Friendship in a soothing green energy.

"Luna. If this keeps up, the Rift Energy could crush us entirely." Zekrom spoke. "I could maybe protect you, but too much of it might result in disastrous effects. Even my own body might not handle it."

"Don't say that, Zekrom. You'll withstand it. And we'll all make it out of here safely. After all...I know Nightmare Moon won't leave us behind." Luna narrowed her eyes, thinking about Nightmare Moon, who was currently helping Sandbar, Silverstream and Gallus back home. She was fully counting on her to return and help. After all, Luna and Nightmare Moon were one and the same. Parts of each other.

"Gli...Gliscor!" But right now, one of Luna's Pokemon was beginning to waver. The first was Gliscor, who was struggling to withstand this. Following Gliscor was Xatu and after Xatu, Frillish was showing signs of falling.

Luna's heart sank as she witnessed the toll the relentless onslaught of Rift Energy was taking on her loyal Pokémon. "No! You all!"

"F-Frill...!" Frillish attempted to use his intangibility, but even that was being disrupted by the Rift Energy.

"Ges...? Florges." Florges hesitated, torn between her desire to heal Twilight and the fear of inadvertently exacerbating the growing power of the Rift Energy. As she watched Twilight's condition worsen with each passing moment, Florges's Aromatherapy was weakening.

"Don't stop, Florges." But Twilight suggested that she kept going.

"Flor?!" Florges gasped.

"I've been through worse..." Twilight grunted, trying to make things positive. But even she knew that she was saying that to bring some optimism. Ash had definitely rubbed off on her. "Because of Ash, I can say that even during this...But I believe it too."

With Twilight urging Florges to continue, the Fairy-Type Pokémon hesitated for a moment before nodding resolutely. Drawing upon her inner strength and resolve, Florges redoubled her efforts, continuing to use Aromatherapy until Twilight was fine.

As Florges poured her energy into healing Twilight, Zekrom and Darkrai stood steadfast, using their formidable powers to hold back the encroaching Rift Energy as best as they could. Despite the overwhelming odds stacked against them, they refused to yield, determined to protect their friends and allies at any cost.

With Zekrom's crackling electricity and Darkrai's eerie shadows swirling around them, the remaining Pokémon formed a protective barrier, shielding Twilight and Luna from the worst of the Rift Energy's onslaught. Together, they stood as a bastion of hope in the face of despair, their unwavering courage and determination serving as a beacon of light amidst the darkness.

It was only worsening, moving across the entire abyss. At that moment, Twilight and Luna found themselves caught in a moment of respite amidst the chaos. Taking a brief pause from the battle, they exchanged a solemn glance in the midst of this fearsome struggle. Luna needed time to breathe for a moment, looking back at Twilight.

"Luna, do you think we can make it out of here?" Twilight's voice was tinged with uncertainty, the weight of their predicament pressing heavily upon her.

"Even with the longevity of an alicorn, we aren't indestructible or immortal. At this rate, if we don't do anything, I'm afraid we could perish." Luna was honest with Twilight. The chances of them perishing in this abyss was possible. It was just one thing compared to everything they've faced these past 4 years. And yet, it was by far one of, if not the most difficult obstacle they've seen, especially since it involves one of them.

"If it is, I'd probably blame myself," Twilight grunted while responding. "All that time learning about Rift Maic and I can't even break all of this energy away. Malamar used it more efficiently than me..."

"It's not your fault, Twilight. You're free to pin it all on Malamar. To be honest, even after my sister and I defeated him, we never thought about the possibility of him returning, possibly even stronger." Luna replied while using her magic to hold back the energy. "We should've thought about that but...who could prepare for this? Rift Energy will always be so erratic to us. But it won't be the end of us. You've taught me that."

"I have?"

"It was you and everypony else who saved me when I was overtaken by Nightmare Moon. You, Ash and everyone are experts in looking on the bright side and realizing it. So I expect you to do the same here." Luna growled. And in response, the Rift Energy pushed back at her, making the Moon Princess slide. "Even so...I wish I could fix all of this myself...!"

"Flor...Florges...!" Florges was now starting to weaken thanks to the presence of the Rift Energy. She too was about to fall, ending her Aromatherapy.

Twilight's expression softened as she watched Florges struggle against the overwhelming power of the Rift Energy. She knew that they were all reaching their limits, and the situation seemed increasingly dire with each passing moment.

"This is just like what happened with Emerald Aura." Twilight strained her muscles when trying to get back up, reminded of the fate that Emerald Aura received. "I won't let it happen again. But what can I do?"

"Not sure. My options are minimal as well...!" A desperate Luna exclaimed as Darkrai was pushed back. Togekiss, Espeon and Absol tried standing strong against the Rift Energy but it was only a matter of time until it overwhelms them. "Even if we fall here, I'll at least be somewhat happy?"

"What?" Twilight blinked a few times.

"I was afraid that I'd one day be alone forever. Perishing alone on the Moon with all of my years coming to an end. But right next to a fried...many friends, is a much-preferred outcome." Luna smiled. The words she was speaking were scaring Twilight, making her think she was beginning to accept her fate. "But I would like to be with Ash before that all happens."

"Same here." Twilight smiled. Both she and Luna sharing their crush on Ash even in this dire moment. "That's what I want to do one day myself...If I can't use Rift Magic, then I know something else that'll work. Sorrowful Rage Magic. The last ace in the hole."

"That?" Luna looked back after Twilight brought it up. The other alter-egos of Luna and Twilight were brought into the conversation.

"If I unleash Horizon Storm and you unleash Lunar Ire, we might be able to break free from here. But we have to put them together, Princess Luna."

"Together?! That hasn't been done before. That kind of magic has always been on its own and for good reason. Putting it together will be-"

"Not just together. We're going to do what Pyrestar did." Twilight closed her eyes before reopening them with a glint. She decided on what had to be done. "We're going to fuse."

"!" Luna was stunned by Twilight's proposal. Much like how the Celestia and Luna of another universe fused into a being known as Pyrestar, Twilight was suggesting the same thing. Luna looked Twilight in her eyes. Though damaged, she was determined to make this happen if it meant saving everyone here. Luna knew that Twilight wasn't one to immediately give up and was very much stubborn. No use in arguing since she tends to do things that might get her in trouble. "So be it. Let's try it."

Luna agreed.

Closing their eyes and focusing their magic, Twilight and Luna began to channel their respective alter-egos, Horizon Storm and Lunar Ire. The air around them crackled with power as their auras intertwined, blending together in a dazzling display of cosmic energy.

Their bodies were transforming into their alter-egos as the signature colour of Sorrowful Rage Magic would appear. At first, the fusion was violent and erratic, the conflicting essences of Horizon Storm and Lunar Ire clashing violently within their shared consciousness.

Twilight felt as though she were being torn apart from within, her very essence threatened by the overwhelming power of the fusion. Luna, too, struggled to maintain control as her alter-ego's fierce rage threatened to consume her.

The Rift Energy was also beginning to crackle some more with electricity as the two energies collided, sending shockwaves rippling through the abyss. Flashes of blinding light illuminated the darkness, casting eerie shadows that danced across the walls of the abyss.

Because of this action, Twilight was actually beginning to gain her strength back, but in response, the Rift Energy was also growing in power, forcing Zekrom to exert more energy to protect everyone. But he was just as dangerous since all of that lightning could hurt his friends.

At that moment, Espeon and Absol would fall. Doing their best to stand strong, the Rift Energy was reaching critical mass. Espeon fell, so did Togekiss and Absol, who tried keeping his legs up, would drop as well.

With each passing moment, the fusion grew more intense, the energies swirling around Twilight and Luna with increasing ferocity. Their forms seemed to warp and shift, merging together in a dazzling display of cosmic power.

Both alicorns would grunt, feeling a strong pain in their respective bodies. Especially Twilight. There was a reason something like this has never been done before and it was beginning to show. Her wings looked like they were about to pop while Luna's horn was spinning. The interaction was practically disrupting their bodies from even the outside, making them fragile.

"Ghhhh!" Twilight growled as she didn't think she could hold on for much longer. It looked like all was lost and her words were even thinking that. "Was this...a mistake?!"

"Let me lend you my strength, Twilight." Deep within, the faint voice of Twilight Luminaria spoke to Twilight Sparkle. Her soul was still there, albeit weaker after previous events. And yet, she could still spare some magic, helping Twilight Sparkle.

With that gift of magic, everything changed. Both eyes of Twilight and Luna lit up as Zekrom witnessed it all for himself. So did Darkrai, who was also hanging in there. They were amazed by what appeared before them.


On the outside, more Malamar had shown up, specifically to strengthen the seal over the massive hole. They cackled maniacally as some of them placed their pods over the hole. By using their own Dark-Type energy, they were prepared to power the seal.

"Mala. Malamar." They collectively laughed.

"Mala?" That is until one of them sensed that something was amiss.

As the Malamar minions worked feverishly to strengthen the seal over the massive hole, pouring their dark energy into the rift, a sudden disturbance rippled through the air. With a blinding flash of light, a new figure emerged from the depths of the abyss, casting a radiant glow that illuminated the surrounding area.

It had been done. The embodiment of cosmic light and purity, stood before the astonished Malamar minions, her presence a stark contrast to the darkness that had engulfed them. With her shimmering wings outstretched and her radiant aura glowing brightly, she emanated an aura of power and majesty that left the minions in awe.

She was only a being of Pure Magical Energy with no clear appearance, but it was apparent that Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna had become one being made out of Sorrowful Rage Magic mainly.

"M-Mar?! Malamar?" One of the minions stammered, unable to comprehend the celestial being that stood before them.

"Who am I?" She responded as if understanding Malamar completely. "Neither Twilight nor Luna. I am my own being. You may call me Luminova." Her voice spoke to them, carrying an echo that was not only powerful, but also magical, blowing away some of the pods and Malamar.

For just a brief moment, Luminova demonstrated her newfound power with one action. Luminova would project images and messages into the night sky using a dream-like magic. From above, Sparkles would drop, immediately bombarding the pods at high speeds.

This moment was strikingly similar to what Daybreaker and Gardevoir did, but with no negative impact on the planet itself. Instead, it only brought grace. The celestial sparkles she had summoned seemed to take on a life of their own, dancing and swirling through the air with an ethereal grace.

But instead of simply bombarding the pods with force, the sparkles took on a different purpose. As they made contact with the pods, they began to emit a soft, iridescent glow, enveloping the structures in a shimmering veil of dreamlike energy. The minions watched in awe as the pods were gradually drawn upwards, seemingly pulled into the very fabric of the Dream Veil itself.

With each passing moment, the pods vanished from sight, disappearing into the depths of the Dream Veil as if being transported to another realm entirely. The minions could only stare in wonderment as their once-imposing structures were consumed by the radiant energies of Luminova's magic, leaving behind nothing but a sense of profound mystique and awe.

As the last of the pods disappeared into the Dream Veil, a hushed silence fell over the area, broken only by the soft rustle of the night breeze. However, this fusion did not last long.

As quickly as it had begun, the fusion began to wane, the strain of maintaining such overwhelming power proving to be too much for even the mighty alicorns to bear. With a final burst of luminous energy, they separated, returning to their individual forms as they gasped for breath, their bodies trembling from the sheer exertion of the fusion.

Yet despite the brief duration of their union, the effects were immediately apparent. As Twilight and Luna opened their eyes, they found themselves no longer trapped within the abyss, but standing upon solid ground once more. The rift energy that had surrounded them had dissipated, the oppressive darkness giving way to the gentle glow of the moon above.

"Hah...Haha!" Twilight laughed, feeling absolute jubilation and relief. Exhausted but relieved, Twilight and Luna exchanged weary smiles, their bond stronger than ever in the wake of their harrowing ordeal. "I can't believe that actually worked! We fused!"

"For a few seconds. It seems that something like that was still new and unfinished since it used up so much energy." Luna replied.

"That's fine by me. We're out and that's all that matters." Twilight and Luna faced the remaining Malamar with unwavering resolve. As Zekrom and Darkrai emerged from the hole behind them, their imposing presence added to the intimidation factor. They carried all Twilight and Luna's Pokemon, mainly Zekrom who had a bunch of them on his back.

"We've faced far worse than you," Luna declared, her voice steady despite the lingering fatigue from their ordeal. "You may have stalled us for a time, but you won't stop us from putting an end to your plans once and for all."

Swearing on it, the fusion of Twilight and Luna brought the strength of their Pokemon back. Not just Twilights. All of them would be dropped off by Zekrom, who hovered high in the air.

The Malamar realized that it was a colossal mistake showing up here. The remaining Malamar hesitated, sensing the unyielding determination and power emanating from the two alicorns and their formidable Pokémon allies.


Alola. Out in the Wild.

As for Malamar, his form of healing came from his minions. Not the Malamar themselves, but the other Pokemon they were with. The Malamar went over to their pods, opening them to reveal more Pokemon inside. These pods weren't just vehicles for the Malamar but also for the Pokemon they've controlled. Pokemon that had healing capabilities appeared to help Malamar, immediately surrounding their leader.

Some of the Pokémon emitted soothing auras that enveloped Malamar in a gentle, restorative energy, easing his pain and revitalizing his weary body. Others used their powers to accelerate his natural healing processes, expediting the regeneration of any injuries he had sustained during the confrontation.

Despite the combined efforts of the healing Pokémon, Malamar still couldn't shake the lingering effects of the intense clash and the strain of channelling such vast amounts of Rift Energy

"This isn't working." Malamar grunted. Malamar's frustration grew as he realized that the healing efforts were insufficient to quell the turmoil within him. Despite the attempts to mend his physical wounds and replenish his energy, the deeper metaphysical damage caused by his manipulation of Rift Energy persisted. This realization only served to exacerbate his growing sense of unease and instability.

"Mar! Malamar!" Just then, a subordinate Malamar returned with urgent news, interrupting Malamar's inner turmoil. The subordinate likely brought information that could potentially ruin everything else.

"The Pokemon Rangers? How could they have possibly tracked down our location?" Malamar brought up the Pokemon Rangers, who were currently on to them. "Was using all that Rift Energy enough for them to find us?"

The amount of Rift Energy used in that clash is probably what prompted the Ranger Union to send Pokemon Rangers after them. And with the technology they have, tracking down high traces of Rift Energy was not difficult for them.

"Not here. Stop them at once! Or at least stall for more time against them!" With a strong sense of urgency, Malamar issued orders to his minions, directing them to delay and obstruct the Pokémon Rangers dispatched by the Ranger Union. Despite his weakened state, Malamar was not about to let the Rangers reach him. He didn't need them and Twilight's Group at the same time.

The minions, under Malamar's command, swiftly mobilized to carry out his instructions. Hopping onto their pods, they were ready to take off and buy as much time as possible.

"I have no other choice. I am heading straight for those Altars." Despite initially deeming the Altar of the Sunne and Moone as futile locations, Malamar now saw them as crucial to his plans.

He recognized their significance in his quest to locate Solgaleo and Lunala, legendary Pokémon whose power he sought to harness for his own purposes. With the Ranger Union closing in on him and his own physical condition deteriorating, Malamar made the decision to redirect his efforts towards these sacred sites.

"My body is still trembling from all of that Rift Energy. All of that healing was pointless." Malamar grunted. "Was what the Shadow Triad said true? But if that is the case...then I will use it all on the Altars. One way or another, I will find Solgaleo and Lunala!"

As the journey continues.


Chapter 412 End.

PreviousChapters Next