• Published 14th May 2022
  • 2,297 Views, 55 Comments

A Legend Returns - 654_nosneb



A human appears in equestria, at the middle of season 5, he doesn't know what's happening but everypony knows him.

  • ...
12
 55
 2,297

Chapter XI - This Isn't The End (Part II)

Osvaldo didn't doubt it a second and entered as the golden vault divided itself in two. The archives were like a library with tons of bookshelves with various floors that went on and on. Inside I saw thousands, if not millions of scrolls, books and papers; but I also saw tons of CD's, cassettes, computers (both old and modern looking), various amounts of screens, media players of all kinds, and a long, LONG etcetera. It seems that my sisters have indeed cared to preserve human culture.

Even with my deplorable state, I wouldn't let Osvaldo win. Equestria's existence depended on it.

I used both of my arms (mostly my left one because my right arm was probably broken) to slowly crawl and make my way into the archives. Once I got inside I realized how BIG this place really was: the immense staircase that was in the middle of the big room went down, down, and down. I couldn't see were the end was, if there even was an end.

I kept crawling. The fact that this place was so big gave me a shot: it was highly unlikely, but there was a small chance that I could find the spell before Osvaldo did. I used a bunch of portals to make my path a bit shorter. However, each portal couldn't be too far from each other, since that would require more strength from me, strength from which I now lacked.

I knew that as soon as he found the spell, it will be all over: he just has to teleport himself to Twilight's castle and use the map the same way Starlight did.

The archive itself was extremely well decorated. It had tons of emeralds on the ceiling, pillars made out of pure gold, a red carpet that covered every part of the floor. The only place in which said carpet was missing was on one of the corners of this floor, a corner with a large dark blue sofa and a carpet the same color with the moon emblem. In front of the sofa was a huge TV alongside some headphones (clearly modified to fit into a pony head) and a lot of different gaming systems, games, and controllers of all kinds. I guess that Luna comes here to play sometimes.

I kept going. The archives were a complete mess. On one shelf there could be a lot of magical books, and right next to it tons of boxes filled with mp3 players. There was clearly no order for all of this stuff.

At some point I was able to stand up against the pain. I made my sword reappear and used it as a crutch to help me walk. I ignored all the shelves that contained stuff from the human age and focused on the books and scrolls (although some books were human literature). If the spell was here, it had to be in one of those shelves.

I checked about three floors, but the spell didn't show up. Thirty or more minutes have passed since I started my search and... nothing.

Then I heard a voice, HIS voice.

"Ha ha ha ha!" he laughed. "Give up once and for all, William! I found the spell two minutes ago but I just couldn't help myself. I had to watch you doing your pointless search. It was just too funny."

I turned myself to face him, and indeed, he was holding the scroll that contained the time-travel spell. I was about to vomit blood again but I contained myself. If I'm gonna loose, I'm gonna do it with DIGNITY.

He won, and there was nothing I could do about it, besides spilling some of my blood into his already dirty white robe. I just stared at him directly into his red eyes, waiting for him to vanish at any moment.

However, that moment never came.

He was frozen in that position, enveloped by a greenish aura.

As I tried to understand what just happened, I heard some hoofsteps indicating that somepony was approaching. When she made herself present, I froze in fear.

It was a purple alicorn. It was Opaline.

"Well done, Osvaldo!" she said. "However, that spell isn't for you," she took the scroll from Osvaldo's hand with her green aura. "Thank you!" then she turned to face me. As soon as I saw her walking towards me my sword vanished from my horror. "And you must be the human named William. Well, your appearance is truly disappointing. I expected something more threatening from the guy that defeated Osvaldo and helped to erase humans from the face of the earth."

I was about to run, but as soon as I did it I fell over. Then I felt a magical aura immobilize me and lift me until I was face-to-face with her.

"Nope!" she shouted. "You're not going anywhere. You're not useful anymore in my game of chess. The time to end your miserable existence has come! And this time the 'legend' will not return from death anymore. Your legend ends here."

She was about to execute her final blow and kill me. However, she gave me an idea: what if the legend could arise from the dead one more time? I didn't need a spell to travel in time. At least not to travel forward, since it was the natural flow of time. However, traveling backwards was a whole different matter.

"Any last words, William?"

"ONE THOUSAND YEARS!" I shouted.

Author's Note:

Well, and this is the end of "A Legend Returns". As I said, the first chapter of "The Legend Ends will come very, very soon.

Special thanks to Polak23 for helping me with some chapters.

And special thanks to you, for reaching this far in my sometimes poorly-writren story.
Enjoy :)


As always, I accept suggestions.

Comments ( 2 )

OOOOOOH IS HE GONNA SEE NIGHTMARE MOON NOW?!?!? I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT STORY!!!! :pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment