• Published 14th May 2022
  • 2,297 Views, 55 Comments

A Legend Returns - 654_nosneb



A human appears in equestria, at the middle of season 5, he doesn't know what's happening but everypony knows him.

  • ...
12
 55
 2,297

Chapter IX - Modern Talking.

This dummie has been chatting with those alicorns for hours, and none of what were saying has helped at all to determine how did 'Owlen' managed to travel back in time. Good thing that I have this invisibility spell. I must admit it, these ponies really made good use of magic during this 20000 years.

At least he knows that I wouldn't be so stupid to leave him alive without a real reason. Part of the job is now done. Now all he has to do is to figure out why I did it, say it out loud, and then I'll be able to leave this balcony once and for all. A bad thing this spell has is the fact that the moment I move even a single muscle it will lose its effect, so I must make the most of it while I'm here.

"Did you tell this to anypony else?" William asked to the dark blue alicorn. He was sitting on the sofa that was inside the room, drinking hot coffee.

"Well, I didn't have to," the alicorn named Luna responded. She was inside the room's bed, so I guess this is her bedroom. "Starlight and Spike already knew; and after finishing her duties on Manehattan, Twilight found out when she asked them where were you. But then I recommended that they don't let anypony else know, just to avoid panic. However it was impossible for me to avoid Sasha from knowing."

"Why?" William asked.

"Because Celestia decided to tell her," Luna quickly answered. "In fact, she should be arriving to the castle at any moment. Don't forget that Osvaldo tortured her; she deserves to know that her life could also be in danger."

Oh, come on! That alicorn was a huge menace to our society back in those days. William, as dumb as he is, probably doesn't know this, but the alicorns that existed prior to his dear adopted sisters were complete monsters! They nearly drove the human race to extinction during World War II. My family, whose job was to watch out for the alicorn menace back in 1940, is the reason of why we are still alive. All I did was to continue their ancient guard while also earning something in the process.

"I'm here! I'm here!" exclaimed said green alicorn as she entered the room.

"Wow, that was fast," Luna said. "I didn't expect you for about an hour or so."

"Wait, what?" was her response. "Were you expecting me?"

"Haven't you read the letter that I sent you?" the moon mare asked with a puzzled expression on her muzzle.

"A letter? No! I came here because I need to tell you that something terrible has happened."

"Something terrible?" Luna questioned, already imagining that Sasha already knew about Osvaldo's return.

In that moment, I heard a loud thunder, and it started raining. Damn pegasi! Why did they have to program a rain for such a peaceful night? It was a lot easier when nature just followed its own course. Anyways, even though my dirty, smelly, invisible clothing was getting wet, I had to remain still so the invisibility spell wouldn't wear off.

"Yeah, something totally terrible. The thing is that, yesterday, I discovered that my mother, Opaline, is still alive."

Opaline! Like the Opaline my father told me about. The Opaline that was a complete monster, and practically the leader of the ancient alicorns. I must say that I had a really bad time containing myself to avoid saying something.

"Wait, what?" Luna responded.

"Oh, yeah; I forgot to tell you that," William spoke. "With all the trouble that Osvaldo caused me last night, I forgot about dummie number two."

"What trouble?" Sasha said. "What happened last night?"

They proceeded to do a long exchange of meaningless words, just pure gibberish and pointless consolation between themselves.

I was starting to loose my patience. They weren't saying what I wanted to say. But then, it finally happened: I got from them what I wanted.

"And what if he's after the time-travel spell?" the green mare asked to the princess.

"Well, that's an option. But even if he's indeed after that scroll, he wouldn't oppose much of a threat. After Owlen stole it from the Crystal Empire, Cadence decided that said spell would be safer within the walls of Canterlot's castle. It is now kept at the most fortified section of our personal archive."

"Ha! I knew it!" I exclaimed by accident. The moment that my lips let out that phrase, I became visible to all of the presents inside the room. Oh no... anyways, they're not gonna stop me, even if they attempt it.

I vanished with a sudden flash and appeared at the castle gardens. I don't know exactly where the princesses' personal archive is, but it won't stay hidden from me too much time. Prepare yourself, William! You're about to be forgotten!

Author's Note:

Here's chapter IX. I must warn you, reader, that the end of this story is very close. That won't be the end, though. The story will meet its definitive conclusion on the story "The Legend Ends" in which I'm currently working.
Enjoy :)


As always, I accept suggestions.