• Published 14th May 2022
  • 2,298 Views, 55 Comments

A Legend Returns - 654_nosneb



A human appears in equestria, at the middle of season 5, he doesn't know what's happening but everypony knows him.

  • ...
12
 55
 2,298

Chapter III - Sasha, the alicorn.

Dear diary,

I'm starting to think that somepony is following me. I feel a weird presence every time I go out, as powerful as me. That's not all, weird hoofsteps can be heard behind me from time to time, but when I turn around, nopony is there.

Since my friend's death was confirmed one week ago, I have no more reasons to continue living here. I should probably adopt a pegasus form and move to Cloudsdale. I should also change my last name as well; I think that Sasha Fast-Fly would be good to...

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK! The door was knocked.

"Give me a second!" she shouted as she levitated her diary, and placed it under her bed.

She was scared; she didn't know anypony that could be searching for her. With a flash of her horn, she let her wings reappear on her back. She knew who was there; it was the magical presence than has been following her during the last week. She was ready to fight him, and, if it was necessary, to run, or fly in her case.

She went silently to the door and opened it a centimeter. She at least wanted to know who was there and what he wanted. But the thing that was at the other side of the door was not a pony. It was tall, biped, and with weird clothing.


\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\


"Hello!" I greeted the green pony that I could barely see through the door. "My name is William, and I would like to ask you some questions. You're miss Sasha, right?"

Once I spoke, the mare's face seemed to change drastically. It changed from super worried, to a one far more relaxed.

"Oh, that's me, hehe. How can I help you?"

"Well, I wanted to ask you some questions," I repeated. "May I come in?"

"Oh yeah, wait one more second," she said. Then she closed the door, a sudden flash appeared from her window, and then she fully opened it. "Now, come in, come in."

I slowly walked into her home. I had my objective clear, I wanna know if she's the same Sasha that the Little Prince told me about. For now, everything matched perfectly. According to Equestria's citizen's records, pegasi, and unicorns with the same name and appearance appeared and disappeared across thousands of years: Sasha Well-Spell, Sasha Green-Root, and even some inversions like Sasha Root-Green and Sasha Spell-Well. It's just too suspicious.

"Well, Mr. William, what brings you here?" she nervously said as she trembled like a leaf.

"Well, I'm gonna go directly to the point. Are you Sasha?"

"Well, you already know that," she answered.

"No, what I mean is if you're the Sasha that's more than she appears, the Sasha that's even older than me or the princesses."

When I said this, tears begun to fall from her eyes. It was understandable; after all, humans were almost responsible for the extinction of her race. To break the awkward silence, I decided to say:

"Look, I'm sorry for what my..."

"I'm sorry for what my species did to humans!" she quickly shouted.

My heart stopped beating for a second.

"W-what!?" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, and yes, I am that Sasha," she said as her tears escaped their wet round prison. "You might not know this, because it was a long time ago, but we alicorns did terrible things to humans."

"Bu-but humans almost extinguished alicorns!" I exclaimed while my mind tried to understand what Sasha was telling me. "I should be the one apologizing."

"I guess that that was a deserved punishment for what we did," she replied. "We had a power that you humans decided to call magic. And thanks to it, we felt more superior than any other race. We even ended up extinguishing unicorns, pegasi, and sapient earth ponies without human intervention..."

Before hearing this, my mind just froze. What I thought that would be an apology turned out to be... well, an apology, but not in the way that I expected.

"...I remember this well because back in that time I was a filly: my mother, who was an important pony between the alicorns, started talking about humans as a pest, one that should be extinguished from earth in order to ensure alicorn supremacy. Since I had a human friend, who's name I forgot a long time ago, I knew that that wasn't true. Humans were just like us in the interior, but nopony saw it that way. I ended up escaping my home, and avoided my mother for thousands of years. I saw as my mother, Opaline, create tons of dangerous diseases, for humans to die. I saw her command the other alicorns to spread hate and conflict among them so their civilization will slowly fall into nothing."

"How did you stop her?" I then asked.

"I didn't," she replied. "Eventually, a group of humans found me, and I decided to tell them everything that was happening under their noses. I left them to figure out what to do, but, despite my warnings, they started to hunt the alicorns.
At first, they didn't manage too much success, since they only had swords and arrows, but, with the passing of generations, and technological development, their group started to be able to kill more and more alicorns. I didn't mind too much; I came to hate my own race, and they were just acting in self defense. The alicorns did made a last plan to kill all humans: 'The World War', but it didn't have too much success, so they used a very angry painter to develop their last, but most dangerous plan: 'World War II'. However, humans resisted it, and by the time the war was over, so was their race because the previously mentioned group finally managed to find the place in which the alicorn hideout was, a small island at the South Pole, and use their resources to nuke it. Almost every alicorn was killed, and even though I found survivors, they were so few that were not a threat to humans anymore."

"Wow," I said when she finished her story. "I... I don't know what to say!"

"Me neither," she replied. "Also, the rest of the story is kind unbelievable. But it has to do with someone called..."

"The Little Prince?"

"Yeah! How do you know him?"

"Long story, maybe for another time," I said. "Well, just one more thing I would like to ask you: why you didn't tell the princesses that you're an alicorn? I'm sure that they would have helped you."

"Well, It's not that I HAD to do it. Also, they didn't rose to the power immediately after human extinction, and since I pulled my own very well for thousands of years, I didn't have the need to do so," said Sasha. Some seconds after her reply, she asked: "Also, do you know the reason of human extinction?, because one day I just saw that everyone was now everypony."

"Oh, that's kinda a long story," I spoke with a little laugh, "but we do have time so... Wanna hear it?"

"Sure!" she exclaimed. "I would like to know your story, the story of a legend."

"Yeah, the 'legend'," I said sarcastically. "Well, it all started when..."


\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\


Twilight Sparkle was placing her personal library in order; Spike was helping too! Some hours ago, she hoofed William tons of tomes about civil records of Equestria. He said that he was in search of the pony named Sasha. She doesn't thinks that it will conduct to any success, but she still helped him with it.

"Twilight, *yawns*, I'm a bit tired of this, may I go to sleep now?" her faithful dragon assistant said with a sleepy voice tone.

"Sure, Spike, but I will stay here until..."

"Twilight!" William shouted as he entered the room. "You won't believe this!"

"I won't believe... SWEET CELESTIA!" she shouted at what she saw.

A green alicorn mare was beside William; she matched with the description of the file William found at that old bunker. Her sole presence, even though it wasn't threatening, was now the most imponent in the whole room, maybe even in the whole castle.

"Hello," the guest spoke. "I think that you already know this, but my name is Sasha."

At that moment Spike fainted.

Author's Note:

Chapter III is here. My exams would be over soon, but for now I have to focus. This could be the last chapter in a week or so, or could not as well.
Enjoy :)


As always, I accept suggestions.