• Published 20th Aug 2021
  • 2,468 Views, 71 Comments

Date With The Queen - Boopy Doopy



Cadance and Shining Armor ask Chrysalis on a date

  • ...
15
 71
 2,468

Reformation

Chrysalis awoke to a couple of ponies sleeping on top of her, their love radiating her way. She’d been slowly consuming it all night, but was still hungry regardless. However, her hunger wasn’t as intense as usual somehow, and when she opened her eyes, she could see her black skin faintly glowing.

No, I won’t be reforming, she thought to herself. This date is almost over. I won’t be giving into their plans of reformation, even if their company is lovely. By the end of the day, the Crystal Empire will belong to me.

Even still, she didn’t move, letting the weight of the two of them on top of her give her more love. She happily, heartily consumed it, not stopping as they slept, certainly not disturbing them lest their stream of love be interrupted and she be left to starve. However, it was only a few minutes after she opened her eyes when the two woke up.

“Wow, Chryssi, Cadance was right,” Shining Armor smiled as he and his wife stretched and yawned. “You’re even super cute when you have bed hair.”

“I am no such thing,” she replied, “but regardless, I believe we can say this date is officially concluded. Feel free to relinquish the Crystal Empire to my hooves at any time, although preferably as soon as possible.”

“Nope, it’s not done yet, silly,” Cadance told her. “Remember how we had breakfast last time? We’re gonna have it again now. Shiny and I want to talk to you before it’s over.”

“Of course you do,” she rolled her eyes. “But I guess I’ll allow it. But don’t think you’re going to talk me out of giving up the Empire. It won’t be happening.”

“Oh, no! We would never!” Shiny smiled, wearing an expression like this was perfectly acceptable. “But why don’t we get up and make some breakfast before we talk? How do blueberry pancakes sound?”

“Humph. Well, I’d honestly prefer chocolate chip, but I guess that’s acceptable since this is likely to be a negotiation.”

“Nope, no negotiation, and sure, chocolate chip it is. Come on, Caddy. Let’s let Chryssi pretty herself up while we make breakfast.”

The two left the room with that, leaving the bug queen alone. She sighed and stood up, making her way to the mirror to brush her hair. She might as well have looked beautiful for this occasion, not that she wasn’t always such. This was going to be a crowning moment. The day when all her hard work finally paid off. She knew if she kept at it, she would finally be in the position she expected herself to be in. This was it.

But if it was it, why did she want to keep spending time with those two ponies? Even though she knew they were intentionally trying to worm their way into her head, she couldn’t help but enjoy it. She liked being called pretty and being told she was loved despite who she was, and knew that their emotions were genuine. She knew that every time she tasted them. Were they just exceptional at acting? If not, what had she done to make them like her?

She didn’t know and did her best to put the thought out of her mind as she brushed her hair. This was it. No distractions. She wasn’t going to let however they did or didn’t feel about her take away from her achievement.

There was certainly nothing she felt that would become an issue. Nope, not at all.

It wasn’t long before she was stepping out of the room and making her way into the dining hall and eventually into the kitchen. There she saw the two of them working passionately to fix a meal, one highlighted by chocolate chip pancakes as she requested. The smell was wonderful, and even better than that was the taste of love that filled the air even still. It was unbelievable.

“We’re not quite ready, Chryssi,” Cadance said, not turning around as she and her husband worked, “but if you want to, you can try some of the food.”

“I’m quite alright. I’m a patient queen. But I must ask where you keep legal documents. I want to get the process of handing the Crystal Empire over to me started right away.”

“Always the eager one,” the alicorn smiled, finally turning around. “We’ll get to that, okay sweetie? Let’s just enjoy breakfast for right now,” she told her. “Taste this.”

She used her magic to shove a piece of something in her mouth, something that was both sweet and salty at the same time. She didn’t appreciate the gesture, but ate it anyway, finally commenting after she swallowed, “It’s acceptable.”

“And always so grumpy, too, Chryssi. You’re adorable.” Then she turned back to the food and said, “Give Shiny and I about five minutes, and we’ll be ready, okay?”

“If you say so,” she sighed, shaking her head as she exited the kitchen. She made her way to the long dining table and sat down, taking in the castle as she did. It was a beautiful palace, one where crystal lined the walls. A large, quiet place, one fit for a queen like her. It would be perfect for her habitation.

She could also imagine that it would be quite lonely in a place this big, but perhaps that wouldn’t be an issue. After all, she’d have thousands of subjects to look after, not to mention, she’d need to make plans to take back her hive. There’d be much to do, that much was certain. It would be hard work. But still…

It truly was only a few minutes before the prince and princess showed themselves again, the latter carrying in her magic a dozen dishes and spreading them around at the table. It all smelled wonderful, almost as wonderful as the romanticism coming from Shining Armor and the heartfelt affection from Cadance tasted. Once they set everything out, they both sat down next to her, one pony on either side, and filled their plates with food.

“This is all very lovely,” the changeling queen started, “but we must get down to business on the Crystal Empire.”

“We will,” they both said at the same time, Shining continuing, “but first, Cadance and I want to know something.”

She rolled her eyes, but went along with it. “What is it?”

“Do you remember that conversation the two of us had yesterday?” the stallion asked. Chrysalis nodded, and he continued, “Well, Cadance and I want to know… how would you feel about the three of us becoming a polycule?”

She was expecting it, but the changeling nearly choked on her bite of food, it was so sudden. “Wh- why exactly are you asking that?” she asked. “If this is a trick to try and get me to relinquish what I’ve already taken from you–”

“It’s not, sweetie,” Cadance smiled sweetly. “If you want to take the Crystal Empire, you can take it. We just want to know if you’d like to form a polycule with us.”

“Why are you asking then?” she asked, completely confused. “If this isn’t about the Crystal Empire, then what?”

“Really? You still don’t get it?” Shining Armor asked. “We’ve been saying all day on both of our dates that we like you.”

“But why?” she asked desperately. “What about me could possibly be attractive to ponies like you?” She gave them both sincere looks, ones that said she truly didn’t know and wished they would explain it to her.

“Well, the very first thing was the fact that, deep down, you truly care about your subjects,” Cadance started. “I mean, that much was apparent when you said you were invading Equestria for your foals. Not to mention, you’re exceptionally beautiful.”

“And your personality is absolutely adorable,” Shining jumped in. “The way you carry yourself– we love to see it. Everypony else we’ve met treats us like royalty, but whenever you interact with us, you show nothing but confidence, and it’s wonderful to see. You always tell us how you’re pretty and amazing, and, honestly, that confidence starts to rub off on other ponies.”

“Also you’re a huge tsundere,” Cadence finished, “and it’s the cutest thing ever.”

By the time they finished, her face was bright red and hidden in her hooves. It felt nice to be told nice things, nice to be told she was loved, something she never really experienced before these two. She thought she could withstand them, and yet here they were, walking all over her, crushing her with nice words and delicious love.

“And what of my reformation?” she asked carefully. “I’m never going to reform. Never. If you're expecting that from me, you’ll be sorely mistaken, because it’s not going to happen.”

“You don’t have to reform, silly,” Shining Armor told her as he and his wife hugged her from either side. "You don’t have to do anything. If you want to take the Crystal Empire and kick us out and never see us again, fine. We just want you to know that we like you for who you are.”

“I cannot understand why,” she whispered, using a hoof to wipe the little bit of wetness that started to build up in her eyes. “But please, let’s eat breakfast so I can take control of this nation and be done with it.”

“Of course, sweetie,” Cadance said. “We hope you enjoy it. We made it with love.”

The three of them ate a quiet meal, and once it was done, they headed back to Cadance’s office. The princess brought out legal documents to begin the transfer of power to Chrysalis, who stood silently watching them. She observed the two of them carefully, making sure they were marking down the correct things and not trying to trick her into doing something different than what they agreed. To her surprise though, they seemed to be doing no such thing.

Are you surprised? she asked herself. They’ve done nothing but offer themselves to you this entire time. Why would they change that now?

She had to admit to herself as she watched them that they’d been wonderful hosts, hosts that matched what she would seek in partners perfectly. Royalty, as she was, gracious, perfect looks like she had, and rulers who commanded their kingdom with total authority. She couldn’t imagine she’d find any creature else quite like these two to be with, if she’d find any creature else at all.

They are quite nice…

It was only a minute before the two of them were finished, handing the papers over to her to sign. She looked them over to make sure they were all correct, and after just a moment’s hesitation, signed them, taking the Crystal Empire for her own.

“Well, I guess that’s it,” she said quietly, sending a look the two’s way. “Now you must go, like I said you would have to.” She felt exceptionally bad about doing it, but it was for the best. Drive them away now before their love took further hold into her heart. She was lucky to have lasted this long against it.

She expected them to protest, or have sad looks in their eyes, or be angry, or something, but they only smiled at her before heading out. It was the opposite of what she expected, but tasting their emotions, she found no trick or secret plot against her. It confused her greatly.

“Wait,” she stopped them. “Why are you just leaving like this?” she asked. “With no protest or anger or anything?”

“We told you we would do whatever you asked,” Shining Armor said. “We weren’t trying to change your mind or anything, and we said we weren’t going to. We just wanted you to know that we liked you a lot.”

“But how can you just act in this way?” she asked. “It doesn’t make sense!”

“What doesn’t make sense about it, sweetie?” Cadance asked with a warm smile.

“This isn’t supposed to be how it goes! You’re supposed to protest and fight back and…”

“And what?” Shining Armor asked. “Defeat you? We said we’d give you the nation once we had our dates, and now we have.”

“No, I’m not supposed to be defeated! You’re supposed to try and reform me!”

“Do you want us to try and reform you?”

“No, but…”

“Then what’s the issue, Chryssi?” Both of them looked at her like they were genuinely curious and legitimately didn’t know what she meant. Chrysalis blushed in embarrassment again, but before she could stop herself, said what she wanted to say.

“But maybe I want you to stay here with me,” she said quickly, looking down at her hooves in absolute shame. She looked back up at the two of them to catch their heartfelt eyes and kind smiles, but only for a second. After a second, she put her eyes back to the floor.

“We can stay here with you, Chryssi,” Cadance told her. “That’s no issue.”

“That would be preferable… but only until I’ve established myself as queen over these ponies,” she said quickly. “This is certainly not happening because I like you, I do want to make that clear, and once I get into the hang of running things, you’ll be told to leave. Is that understood?”

“Oh, of course. We’d never want to stay here if you don’t want us here,” Shining Armor said, moving up to her to nuzzle one side of her neck.

“But you know, Cadance said, nuzzling the other side, “if you like us, you can let us know. We don’t mind. In fact, we’d like it if you loved us as much as we love you.”

“Well, I don’t. Perhaps I enjoy your company, but l-let me make clear that that doesn’t amount to love. I’m not reforming. I’m not!”

“Of course not, sweetie. But how about we go out for a walk in the park and then get some lunch? To show you what other parts of the Crystal Empire look like and to explain how to run things?”

“Y-yes, that sounds enjoyable,” she agreed. Not that she loved them. She didn’t. But she had to admit, she did like them more than any other creature she’d met. Not to mention, it might take years to learn how to operate the Crystal Empire with the smoothness they did. Maybe even a lifetime.

Surely she’d have to keep them around for all that time. But only for that reason. Not because she loved them, of course.

Author's Note:

The end!

Comments ( 9 )

The art of winning and losing without either party believing they have won or lost.

Aw. What a sweet story.

Fantastic. I would love a continuous

What a lovely ending!

Tsundere Chrysalis is best Chrysalis.

Chrys officially needs a "Tsun to the End" or "Tsundere Queen" jacket.

That was a fun read, and it fits all the participants.

Though Twilight is gonna have an aneurysm.

Still, why do I picture her eventually failing in staying reformation away, it being all dramatic, and then it turns out that her new form is just a filled-in version of her old form with maybe some extra details and bigger wings?

Not going to lie, but this story had a very anticlimactic ending. I thought something bigger was going to happen, like Chrysalis was going to accept the polycule, thereby having Cadence and Shining as co-rulers, but something like divorce happens, which somehow disenfranchises Chrysalis of the Crystal Empire. Or something, 🤷

Okay, this was adorable. Just delightful writing of the characters and great fun to read.

Login or register to comment