• Published 20th Aug 2021
  • 2,436 Views, 71 Comments

Date With The Queen - Boopy Doopy



Cadance and Shining Armor ask Chrysalis on a date

  • ...
15
 71
 2,436

Walk In The Park

“It’s a nice night out here, isn’t it?” Shining Armor asked as the two walked beyond the border to the Crystal Empire. “You can see the moon and all the stars perfectly.”

“Rather cold, if I do say so myself,” the bug queen commented. “You do this for fun?”

“All the time. Cadance likes it too, but not as much as I do. I come out here with her and Flurry Heart a lot. Sometimes it’s just us two. I’ll even walk out here alone. I love the scenery.”

The scenery. Right. There was nothing but snow in front of them, flat snowfields as far as the eye could see, except maybe a few mountains in the distance. It looked incredibly boring, and she couldn’t see herself ever doing this willingly for fun. Maybe if Shining Armor or Cadance came out here with her, but never alone.

Not that such a thing would ever happen, of course. When she finally ruled the Crystal Empire, it would be alone, with Shining Armor and Cadance as her slaves. She would not take them as her partners, no at all, because partnership implied equality to her queenliness, which they were not. But maybe when they were her servants, she’d let them come out here to walk with her. Maybe it could be a little nice if she could find a way to get rid of the snow. Perhaps lay a blanket down and set up some candles, as well as have a band play music. That could be a bit nice, perhaps.

“So what do we do out here?” Chrysalis asked. “Just walk and talk and… take in the boring plain? That’s it?”

“Sometimes we don’t even talk when we walk out here, and that’s okay,” the stallion explained. “Just being quiet while you’re in the presence of somepony you love can be nice.”

She couldn’t see how that would be nice at all, but she went with it, staying silent as the two of them walked. It was cold, but other than that, it was nice. The stars shone brightly on them, and the moon hang high in the sky, illuminating the darkness. She wished she knew where they were going through. It would’ve been nicer to be curled up in bed with him… or somepony in general. Only because she was cold though.

She let out a breath, able to see the vapor hanging in the air before she pressed herself against the stallion as they walked. They kept the Crystal Empire itself warm, but not the area surrounding it? That was a weird choice. When she was queen, she would make sure those weather pegasi she heard about before got on that. A climate controlled kingdom sounded very nice. She had nothing like that with her hive.

Eventually, the two stopped in front of a weird looking red crystal in the snow, one that made Shining Armor tilt his head curiously. Chrysalis only frowned at it, knowing exactly what it was. She wondered if Shining Armor intentionally led them out here, but decided against it. He was probably ignorant of the history surrounding the crystal.

“Huh? What’s this?” he asked, reaching a hoof out to see if he could pick it up.

“Don’t touch that,” the changeling queen instructed, making the stallion pull back instantly. “That’s the prison of the Umbrum. It’s best if you don’t go messing with them and riling them up, lest they accidentally be released.”

“The Umbrum? What’s that?”

“That’s a topic for another day, not something suitable for a date. Let’s just say you don’t want to know and leave it at that.”

“Well, I’m interested in listening to a story if you have the time,” he said. “I mean, we’re out here anyway. I’d love to hear a story, if you’re willing to tell it.”

“No, I’m not willing,” she said grumpily. “I can see where this will go. I’ll tell you, and then you’ll find a way to release them, whether accidentally or on purpose, and then I’ll have to save you, and I won’t be falling for it. This isn’t like that movie Cadance had me watch on her date.”

“Ha, you’re silly if you think that’s what’s gonna happen. But if you’re worried about fate or circumstance or the universe watching us, then I’d like to hear a different story instead. Maybe about what your foalhood was like?”

“That’s an even worse story! Why would you care to hear about that at all?”

“Ooo, now that makes me wanna hear it even more! Tell me what it was like! I bet you were super cute.”

“I most certainly was not,” she said defiantly. “And it’s not like those things matter anyway. They all happened hundreds of years ago. It’s all well in the past.”

“I’m sure it does. You know what they say: your past makes your future.”

“I’ve heard not one creature say that, but if you insist. It’s not any different from any other changeling however. I was born from an egg of the previous queen, and raised until I could serve the hive in full capacity. And then after that, I became queen. There’s not much of a story.”

“How did you become queen though? I bet that’s an interesting tale.”

“I staged a coup and killed my mother,” she said flatly, sending a bored look his way. It made him flinch, and she continued, “Exactly as I expected. I knew you wouldn’t appreciate my tales.”

“Maybe that’s a story for a future date,” he admitted. “That sounds a bit, um, rough.”

“Would you like to go back to being silent and walking back?”

“Sure.”

The two of them went quiet again after that, Chrysalis letting out a breath as she thought about this day. Shining Armor was nice, but she knew a little more time with him and he’d realize that she just… wasn’t. Cadance, too. She wasn’t one to open up like that, nor would she likely ever. She wouldn’t ask for dates or to cuddle or to go on walks or anything like that, not ever, even if she did enjoy doing things like that. It just wasn’t in her nature.

She sighed to herself. It wasn’t ever going to get to any future dates. She wasn’t interested in becoming a docile third wheel in their relationship. Because that’s what would happen. They were treating her special now, but the novelty of her would quickly fade. She almost didn’t even think of the fact that she also was going to be taking control of the Crystal Empire.

“I don’t even see why you’re trying to entertain me with this,” she said. “It’s obvious that you’re just trying to appease me and make it so that I have a connection with you so I don’t take the Crystal Empire for myself. I’m no fool.”

“Chryssi, we already had this conversation,” Shining Armor said gently. “Cadance and I love you for who you are, no matter what. We’re not trying to appease you or something.”

“Even still, it’s silly. We both know that I’ll be the odd creature out in the relationship in a few months, assuming you’re being legitimate in saying you love me.”

She knew they were. Cadance’s love tasted strongly of deep affection, and Shining Armor’s tasted like romanticism. There was no way they were lying, unless they had a spell that could get past Chrysalis’s sensing of emotions.

“I’ll be the one left out if things continue,” she said, turning away. “It’s obvious to me now.”

“You certainly won’t,” Shining Armor said. “I can’t say I love you as much as Cadance, not yet anyway, but I know for a fact that once Cadance loves someone, she loves them, and latches on with her whole heart.”

The changeling didn’t say anything, silently remaining turned away. That was impossible and she knew it. There was no way she’d ever be loved as strongly by Cadance as Shining Armor was, no matter if she had a thousand years. It wasn’t going to happen.

“Cadance once told me a story,” Shining Armor suddenly said out of nowhere, taking Chrysalis by surprise. “She said when she was a foal, she had a coltfriend named Piercing Wind who she loved very much. Apparently, the two of them went out together for a few months, and they were happy together.”

“Okay?”

“And then she met another colt who she also fell in love with, one who loved her back just as much. But it didn’t make her stop loving the first colt. She loved them both equally, just the same. She was conflicted.

“She went to the first colt and explained her problem and how she felt, and he told her she had to pick one or the other. So then she went to the other colt, and explained that she wouldn’t be spending time with them anymore because she could only be in love with one colt. That other colt suggested they all three be partners, but his idea was shot down, so he eventually told her that she should be with him between the two because he didn’t want to have to make her choose.”

“Okay, so? What happened?”

“Well she chose, except not the one who said she could only remain with one partner.” He smiled widely as he spoke, saying, “What I’m telling you is that, with the way Cadance is, you’ll never be a third wheel. She’s not gonna love you less than somepony else. I don’t think she’s capable of it, being the Princess of Love after all. And neither am I, having spent time with you before and now.”

“Yeah, well… we’ll see,” she said, trying to stay neutral but unable to stop herself from giving a little smile. Maybe they would see. Even when she conquered the Crystal Empire, maybe she’d keep them around. After all, it’d be more love to eat, at least.

“Let’s head back now though. Cadance and I have a surprise for you back at the castle.”