• Published 1st Apr 2021
  • 403 Views, 101 Comments

The Wizard of Whitetail Woods π - Admiral Biscuit



The stunning (for some values of 'stunning') conclusion (for some values of 'conclusion') to the epic tale of the Wizard and KitKat and their adventures in Equestria in search of the fabled McGuffin.

Comments ( 24 )

Abbreviated story notes!

derpicdn.net/img/view/2021/1/4/2523319.jpg
Source

Roombas probably don’t actually go feral (citation needed), but you can put knives on them, or as one commenter suggested, bombs.

Neither of those ideas are good ideas.

Roombas, like some types of fey, can be stopped by running water.

Incidentally, the longest horse jump (on Earth) is 28 feet (8.4 meters) by a horse named Something.


Arrow’s Impossibility Theorem involves a lot of math and I don’t understand any of it.

Speedvines, AFAIK, aren’t actual Earth or Equestria fauna, but sound like they should be one or both.

Kelpies are a type of fey who often appear as horses, and when a hapless human rides them, they carry him (or her, I don’t think they’re picky) into water and drown them, then eat them, except for the entrails. Kelpies are also comic canon.

derpicdn.net/img/view/2016/4/25/1139990.png
Source

Bufogrens are also canon; they’re six-eyed frog-like things that have sharp teeth and bad breath, and can cover a pony in mucus.

Jaya Ballard is a task mage in Magic the Gathering.


There is a difference in shit smells; a pig farm and a dairy farm smell very different.

Centicores or yales are a hybrid creature from mythology, often antelope- or goat-like. They’re often depicted in heraldry, and there’s very little fanart of them. Which is a shame.

There was in fact a Mythbusters episode where they tried to see how well the Ewok log trap would work, and it utterly devastated an armored truck. That much log moving even over a short distance is a force to be reckoned with.

i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/4f/27/f64f2760eda2630d4a8775fe6fe5cbfb.jpg
I believe this is by jaxxblackfox, but it’s not on his DA page.

AFAIK, IRL skunk cloud isn’t flammable, but skunks really do like snacking on scorpions.


“Unfathomable Casserole” is a reference to Georg’s riff on FoME’s The Flavor Cosmic.

Mrs. Grass is a brand of soup, but they don’t can it, they just offer paper packets that have the spices and whatnot in them.

Soup Kiburu comes from a tribe at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro who uses what they’ve got (as all soupmakers should). What they’ve got is coffee and bananas and dirt for seasoning. My source on this one is an internet list of weird soups, so take this one with a grain of salt (or a pinch of dirt).

A Gancanegh is an Irish Incubus, essentially. He’s fey, related to leprechauns, always had a pipe in his mouth, and he mostly made love to shepherdesses and milkmaids.

derpicdn.net/img/2018/8/20/1811420/large.png
Source


There isn’t actually a field surgery merit badge, or there wasn’t when I was in Boy Scouts anyway.


Incidentally, in case you were worried about the Wizard after the chest-burster, he’s fine. All those different magical effects are cumulative, and he’ll heal up relatively quickly.


See y’all next April!

derpicdn.net/img/view/2020/4/19/2326223.gif
Source

10759589
There ain’t field surgery but there is First Aid and Nuclear Science.

If in the end he didn’t see it happen and go Oh crap. While it sang Hello My Baby as it danced off stage I think he got off light.

10759641
Oh Schieße, he really missed a reference there.

10759589
Also, not bombs, Claymores, they’re a shrapnel weapon more than a proper bomb with how they’re designed.

One of the unfortunately fortunate.

And that's how Equestria was made! :trollestia:

That last paragraph, though.

10759589
Skunk cloud is flammable, and yes I said claymores. :rainbowwild:

10761410
Grr... Phone lettering is confusing.

10761418

There's probably even a standardised code in the employee handbook for the daily report:

PORTAL/MINOR_PROP/NO_GUEST_INJUN/NO_STAFF_INJUN - One or more interdimensional portals, damage to premises nil or less than 400 bits, no injuries to paying guests, no injuries to staff

10759605

There ain’t field surgery but there is First Aid and Nuclear Science.

Combine the two, and you get Iron Man!

10759641

If in the end he didn’t see it happen and go Oh crap. While it sang Hello My Baby as it danced off stage I think he got off light.

Oh, it didn’t dance off stage, he’s got a baby fey to raise now. Poor bastard.

10759789

Also, not bombs, Claymores, they’re a shrapnel weapon more than a proper bomb with how they’re designed.

I mean, on the one hand, yeah, they’re different; on the other hand, you’re still technically strapping a bomb to a Roomba. That it only explodes in one direction isn’t much of an improvement IMHO.

10759953

One of the unfortunately fortunate.

Who, the Wizard?

10760143

That last paragraph, though.

When you’re a Wizard in Equestria. . .

10760872

Skunk cloud is flammable

Huh, you’re right.

I learned something today! :heart:

and yes I said claymores. :rainbowwild:

You did, but I’d argue that they fall into the same category as bombs in general. I’d argue that strapping weapons of any sort to a Roomba is a terrible idea.

10761426

Grr... Phone lettering is confusing.

Heh, no worries, I had to look at a keypad to remember which letters went on which numbers. It’s not a skill anybody really needs these days, TBH.

10761468

There's probably even a standardised code in the employee handbook for the daily report:

PORTAL/MINOR_PROP/NO_GUEST_INJUN/NO_STAFF_INJUN - One or more interdimensional portals, damage to premises nil or less than 400 bits, no injuries to paying guests, no injuries to staff

Oh yeah, totally. Like, there’s an international injury reporting guide on Earth, can’t remember what it’s called, but it’s really comprehensive for statistics/tracking purposes. I have to imagine that if ponies have such things (and they probably do, at least in some form), they’ve got classifications of injuries/damages we humans would never considered (Petrified, subsections, Accidentally, Self-Inflicted, Magical Beast, Magical Item; secondary classifications Temporary, Until Dispelled, Permanent . . .etc.)

Login or register to comment