• Published 27th Oct 2020
  • 6,026 Views, 261 Comments

Against All Odds. - The_Chill_Author



[Displaced] John Oliver is sent to Equestria with his Six friends as Thanos. After being sealed in stone, he broke out. Now his gauntlet, his stones, his blade, and his team are now scattered across the planet. Can he back bring balance to Equis?

  • ...
42
 261
 6,026

PreviousChapters Next
Sacrifice

Twilight sat there in the interrogation room, chained up to a table, bound to a chair. She sat there glaring down at the table, we watched her from a window that can only be seen through on our side. I crossed my arms and looked at the Infinity Warriors, the Original one.

“Alright, before I send the message to Celestia, is there anything you want to say to Twinkles over here?” I asked The Boys, Supergirl was currently sharpening her nails with a nail file, though she looked over to me.

“So basically you kidnapped someone’s daughter and made her your hostage, then you troll the hostage before sending the mother an email and use the daughter to get a shiny rock,” Supergirl said, for a while, we just stood there.

“An oversimplification of events but yes,” I said, everyone then busted out laughing, Rapunzel giggled like a child and Grievous laughed like the villain that he is.

“Okay, I’ll go and talk to her.” Grievous gets an envelope full of paper before heading in, when the Cybernetic Samurai went inside Twilight glared up to Grievous.

“What do you want, mur-” Grievous cut off the Princess of Friendship when he slammed the envelope on the table three times, when the third one hit he slammed it hard making a loud sound. Grievous glared down at Twilight.

“TWENTY-EIGHT STAB WOUNDS!” Grievous shouted, the phrase made me stifle a chuckle, Entity just shook his head and facepalmed. “You didn’t want to leave him a chance huh?” Grievous slammed the envelope down again.

“What are you talking about?” Twilight asked, her ears in pain at the sound of Grievous’ metallic voice that he can raise to bass boosted when he chooses to.

“Did you feel anger?” SLAM! “Hate?” SLAM! “He was bleeding.” SLAM SLAM SLAM! “Begging for mercy, but you stabbed him again and again and again!” SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM! Grievous was currently pressuring Twilight Sparkle who felt confused and scared at the same time.

“Leave me alone, please! I don’t know what you’re talking about, I never killed anypony!” Twilight said, closing her eyes and facing the table. Grievous then walks behind Twilight with the envelope.

“All right, all right.” Grievous then walks to his chair at the other side of the interrogation table. “Everything is going to be okay.” Grievous then slams then envelopes down on the table, scattering the paper around, he then just hits the table normally. Twilight winced at the intensity of the table abuse, Grievous walked next to Twilight. “Just say I killed him, IS IT THAT HARD TO SAY?!?!?!?!” Grievous asked as he slammed his fists down on the table next to Twilight. Twilight was shaking with fear, she didn’t know if Grievous was going to hurt her. Only if she knew that Grievous was playing around.

“He’s really scaring her, look at her, she’s scared.” Rapunzel said, “Grievous stop it.” Rapunzel went for the door only for Entity to walk in front of her.

“Ah, ah! This is Grievous’ Funtime, wait your turn.” Entity said as he was then gut-punched by Rapunzel, making him reel in pain. “Oh god, you hit like an orc!”

Rapunzel was about to walk inside before she paused and looked down at Entity. “Did you just say I hit like an orc? Are you implying that I’m a fucking orc?!” Rapunzel’s eyes began to twitch.

“That’s not what I said.” Entity said as he steadily stood up to his full height, as they argue Grievous continued to troll Twilight.

“JUST SAY YOU KILLED HIM!” Grievous demanded, grabbing Twilight and pulling her up, she was crying out of pure fear as Grievous glared into Twilight’s eyes. “JUST SAY IT!” Grievous said with his bass boosted voice, Twilight just looked at Grievous paralyzed from fear, Grievous hit the table as they stared at each other. Grievous then drops Twilight and lets the Alicorn hit her head on the table. Grievous then walks out of the interrogation room. “I’ve done it, I’ve successfully made a being younger than me terrified.”

“Well, I think it’s time I walk in and talk to the young lady.” I walked past Grievous before I gave him a fistbump when Grievous did it back he was punted across the room by Rapunzel. I shook my head and went inside the room. Twilight just looked down at the table, confused and crying. I use the Reality Stone to make a cup of water, I held it in my hands before setting it next to her. “Twilight Sparkle, I apologize for Grievous' way of ‘fun’. However, he just loves pulling pranks like that on people, who can blame him?” Twilight said nothing in response, “Go ahead, drink up, it will help calm you down.”

Twilight grabbed the cup and threw it at me, I let the water hit me and I just stared at her. “What do you want? You don’t even need to talk to me, just tell Celestia I’m here already!” Twilight snapped, I just stared at her and used my Devil Fruit to dry off the water. Steam came off of me.

“Twilight, you don’t know the full story of what happened all those centuries ago, do you?” Twilight kept silent and looked away from me. “I see that Celestia hasn’t told you yet, centuries ago-”

“I don’t want to hear your lies, Thanos!” Twilight shouted, I looked down at her before I walked onto her right side, I kneeled down to her, my face next to hers.

“I am many things when I’m serious, a liar is not one of them. I can see that you are still blinded by Celestia’s lies, making them your shield as she was to you. Now, let me tell you how this all began. A few weeks after our wedding I told Celestia what all six Infinity Stones could do, I didn’t feel comfortable lying to my wife. When I told her she was thrilled to my surprise, I could use all of the Infinity Stones to shred the Universe to the last atom and start anew. Yet she was… Excited, it scared me, but she asked me one thing. ‘Can it destroy all evil?’ I responded with a yes, to which she replied with… ‘Do it, destroy all evil. This world can be a peaceful one, we wouldn’t have to worry about any more wars, no death, no agony. Make evil disappear.’” I told the story to Twilight, her ears perked up, and was now interested in my story.

“Why didn’t you do it? You could have been married, you could have ruled Equestria.” Twilight said, I looked at her and went to my full height, I then walked around the table.

“Because it would upset the balance of the Universe, one can never progress without evil blocking your way. If there was no evil in this world, you would have never discovered the meaning of Friendship. Discord, the Spirit of Chaos, would have been erased because of who he was at the time. Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings would be dead, her Hive without a ruler to die out. You wouldn’t have met Starlight either, all of these people who affected your life for the better and the worse would be gone.” I then placed both of my hands on the table, I was now on the other side of the table, looking at Twilight.

“But that doesn’t explain why you went to war with her, you could have just-” I interrupted Twilight by slamming my hands down on the table, Twilight jumped at my sudden burst of anger.

“She betrayed us, we didn’t betray her! When I refused she tried to take the Infinity Gauntlet away from me, to destroy all those people who could be redeemed. But I ran, I ran away from the love of my life because she tried to kill those people, she sent guards after me to try and detain me. To take me, to take the one thing that could save everything away. I was on the run for a month before my friends found out what was going on, Celestia manipulated them into thinking I ran away for some reason and wasn’t coming back. So they hunted me down and when they cornered me I told them what happened, my own friends turned against me and they were convinced that I was brainwashed. I had to fight my friends that day but after restraining them I told them once more, Celestia had betrayed me.” I told Twilight, Twilight looked at me, quivering.

“No, it can’t be… It isn’t true!” Twilight yelled, she closed her eyes and looked down. “You must be… You must be deceiving me!”

“I’m not, after we went to Minos for shelter, she destroyed the United Nations of Atalus, the Human Kingdom. She wiped them out to make me come out of hiding, she wiped out… My people.” I clenched my fists, she wiped out the Human race so easily, they were just a peaceful nation, minding their own business only to get wiped out.

“You’re people?” Twilight tilted her head, I then shook my own head.

“Nevermind that, do you see what point I’m trying to make? Celestia is in the wrong here.” I said, putting my finger down, I was frowning.

“When you were gone, she would’ve used the Infinity Stones anyway,” Twilight said, I smirked, I had the perfect counter for that.

“She would IF she could reach the Soul Stone, I have a theory that she gave the Soul Stone to someone because if I should return I would undo what she did. Why didn’t she use all of the Stones then give them to someone else? Well, what if I told you… She couldn’t? The strain would be too much on her body and she’ll pass out. And to prevent me from getting them she sent the Soul Stone to someone, and I’m finding out who.” I then walk away from the table and open the door. “Prepare Twilight Sparkle, the end is nigh.”


Luna bandaged Celestia’s wounds from the battle of Mount Aris, Celestia winced as Luna poured healing water on Tia’s burns.

"You should have been more careful, you know what Thanos is capable of. He has become stronger in the past months, I have no idea what the source of it is but he's ascending at an alarming rate." Luna said, Celestia, winced as Luna touched one of the more intense burns. "Sorry."

"It's okay Luna, I should be the one apologizing, Thanos truly has become stronger than he was beforehoof, I believe it’s because of what Ryker did,” Celestia said, Luna, pulled back and gave Celestia a strange look.

“Who is Ryker? Is it one of Thanos’ allies?” Luna asked, Celestia then frowned and shook her head.

“No, far from it, he’s a villain who causes death and destruction to those around him. All in the name of saving his daughter, he casts aside his friends just to save his daughter even though it’s been 7,000 years he’s still not over it. I know how he feels but… He truly was a monster… If Thanos fought that man, then there’s no doubt that he’s stronger than any of us.” Celestia said, suddenly a letter flew in the room. “Oh, that must be from the Elements, what lesson have they learned today?”

Celestia opened the letter and the letter began to float in front of Celestia’s face and Thanos’ voice began to come from it.

“Dear Celestia Solaris of the Equestrian Kingdom.

I have Twilight with me, but I’m sure you already know that, I am currently at Neighagra Falls at the river down in the South. If you want to see her alive, come to me and show me the Infinity Stone I require. If you don’t come at sunset, I will cut an inch of her horn off her head every minute until you come to the location. Be sure to come alone or I’ll kill Twilight Sparkle. I’ll be seeing you.

From your favorite bean, Thanos the Mad Titan.”

Celestia and Luna sat there in silence, Celestia stood up and checked the clock. It was thirty minutes until sunset, if she could make it right now Twilight wouldn’t experience that level of pain. Celestia flared her wings and opened the door to the window.

“Sister wait! You don’t know if it’s a trap, you don’t know if he’s lying!” Luna yelled, Celestia merely looked back at Luna.

“Thanos is many things when he’s serious, a liar is not one of them. Until then, Luna, stay safe, I need to go!” Celestia then jumped out of the window and began to fly towards Neighagra falls. Luna stood up and walked towards the window, she looked out the window as she saw Celestia fly off, Luna then sighed and sat down.

Luna put her hands together and closed her eyes and pressed her forehead against her fists. “Please sister, come back safe, I don’t want you to die… I don’t want to be alone, not again…” She prayed.


I stood there as I looked up, the sun was still up and was showing no signs of coming down, which is of course the laws of Equis at play. Celestia can lower the sun when she pleases, of course, the Alicorn couldn’t lower the sun and still make it here but she has to lower the sun on time or else Equestria will erupt in a panic.

“She won’t listen to your lies, you wouldn’t hurt me, then Celestia would destroy you,” Twilight said defiantly, I didn’t bother to look at her, simply standing behind her as I looked straight ahead. “She probably has the Elements of-”

“That’s enough, Sparkle.” I sent a wave of Conqueror’s Haki at Twilight, making her feel weak, she shivered a little bit. “She wouldn’t be stupid enough to bring the Elements, she knows what I’m capable of, I could have this whole world bowing at my feet in seconds out of fear. Yet… I don’t, simply because I don’t want people to follow me out of fear. I want them to follow me out of loyalty.” I said, Twilight then closed her lips and looked down.

I heard the sound of hooves hitting the ground, I looked up and saw the love of my life, Celestia. The sun then set right as she looked up at me, Celestia glared into my soul. “Let her go, Thanos, now,” Celestia demanded.

“You are in no position to make demands Celestia, you and Twilight are at my mercy,” I said looking at Celestia straight into her eyes. “Now tell me where the Soul Stone is.”

“Never!” Celestia then fired beams of light at me, using the Reality Stone, I conjured mirrors in front of me, redirecting the beams of light to somewhere else. “I’ll never tell you, you mad man!”

Never?” I mused, I then clenched my fist and the Power Stone began to glow. “I believe this will change your mind.” I then held the Power Stone up to the temple of Twilight’s head, a sensation of pure agony washed over the young Alicorn like a tsunami engulfing a town.

Twilight roared in pain, “GYAAAAH!” She screamed as tears began to escape her eyes, Celestia winced but still kept firm, believing I wouldn't dare go farther. I pressed the Power Stone closer to Twilight’s head, causing her to scream loud in pain. She began to kick the seat and writhe in pain in the chair, Celestia closed her eyes, trying to block the sound of screaming. “C-Cel… Celestia… H-help… ARGH!” She screamed.

“That’s enough!” Celestia shouted, I smirked and let the Power Stone stray away from her head. “That’s enough Thanos, I’ll… I’ll take you to where the Soul Stone is.”

“Good girl,” I said as I walked away from Twilight, Twilight weakly looked up to Celestia.

“P...Please… Don’t… Let… H… Him win…” Twilight begged Celestia, Celestia looked at Twilight with remorse.

“I won’t, my faithful student, I won’t,” Celestia said, her eyes closed as she looked down, I then used the Reality Stone and Twilight was now in a box. I then drug her underground, “What did you do to her?!” She demanded, she reached for her blade only for me to bring Twilight back up, I pointed the Power Stone back to Twilight and Celestia stopped.

“I’m making sure that you don’t run off with her, if you hurt me, I’ll be forced to hurt Twilight as well. One attack, five seconds of injuring Twilight with the Power Stone.” I said as I raised my Infinity Gauntlet, Celestia snarled.

“Follow me.” Celestia turned herself into light and bolted off to Mount Everhoof, I used my steam from the Netsu Netsu no MI to follow her. I was keeping pace with her as she was literal light, I made it note that I was fast as light. “Why do you request the Soul Stone in particular? I could give you the Time Stone, the Space Stone, or even the Mind Stone.”

“Because the Soul Stone is… Important to me, I am close to it.” I said, Celestia glanced back at me, looking at me with curiosity but kept whatever question she had to herself. As snow began to rain down upon us, after a couple of moments she stopped and landed next to a rock wall. I landed next to her. “Is this where the Stone is?”

Celestia shook her head, “No, where it leads to is where the location of the Soul Stone is.” Celestia walked up to the rock wall, it was covered in ice and snow. Celestia’s hand began to glow hot with fire and she touched the rock wall. The ice on it began to melt and there was a message as well as the outline of a doorway.

“For those who want to feel whole, come inside and find your soul.”

“Come inside? Is this supposed to be a door?” I asked, looking at the door I then chuckled. “Sure as hell doesn’t look like one.”

“It isn’t, it’s a portal.” Celestia placed her horn onto the door, the door briefly glowed orange before Celestia took two steps away from it. She stepped right by my side, I looked at her solemnly and smiled softly, she still felt safe when standing next to me. The door then lights up and a portal reveals itself.

“Ladies go first,” I said, standing next to the portal, Celestia rolled her eyes.

“What a gentlecolt…” Celestia said sarcastically as she went inside, I chuckled as I walked into the portal. On the other side was nothing but sand, the sky was purple. There was then a plateau with a stairwell up. “Welcome to Vormir.”

I froze in my tracks and began to tremble, my heart began to pound. “No… No, no, no…” Tears began to well up in my eyes but I quickly wiped them, though this didn’t go unnoticed by Celestia.

“What’s the matter my little bean, scared?” Celestia taunted, but that quickly got me out of my trance, she just called me by the nickname that she gave me. Celestia then walked forth with a smirk on her face, and I shook my head and slapped my face.

“Get it together John, for all I know there’s just a podium that has the Soul Stone on it. Yeah, that must be it!” I said to myself quietly, I then walked forth and caught up to Celestia.

“I hope…” Abridged Thanos said, his voice shaky.

Shivers went up my spine and I shuddered, “What in Faust’s name are you scared of? Have you been here before?” Celestia asked me, I then gulped down the saliva in my mouth before answering. I shook my head.

“No, I uh… Haven’t.” I said as we made our way up the steps, Celestia smirked and looked down at me.

“Are you lying, my little bean?” Celestia taunted, my eyes then widened, she was purposely doing this to piss me off! Well, I have something that will knock her off her high horse! Get it? Because she has a horse face… Hey, hey, hey! Just because I made a pun doesn’t mean you have to deadpan at me, why the long face? PFFT-HAHAHA!

“No, I truly have never been here before, Tia,” I said, Celestia jumped at the name, I then laughed. “What’s wrong? Jumpy as of late Tia?” I had a sly grin on my face.

Celestia looked on ahead. “Not at all my little bean, not at all,” Celestia smirked and shook her head, we then reached the zenith of the stairwell, and finally, we reached perfectly balanced floors. I took a step forward and put myself in front of her. As we walked together, we both saw a figure in the distance. I readied my Infinity Blade and lit it on fire with my Netsu-Netsu no Mi, Celestia took out her Light Sword and readied for battle.

“Do not worry, Thanos, Celestia. I have not come to harm you.” The being spoke, the being sounded masculine, he was far in the distance so I couldn’t make out what he looked like but what he sounded like was…

“...Kilton?” I asked, the being stepped forward and the Displacer revealed himself. I then deactivated my fruit, Celestia deactivated her fruit as well.

“You know each other? You know my name?!” Celestia said, looking between us, Kilton and I looked at the Alicorn.

“We are… Acquaintances, yes. And as to why I know your name, it’s quite simple, I know all and see all of everything that goes on in this Universe.” Kilton said, Celestia looked at him before looking at me. She then nodded her head towards Kilton as if saying, ‘Ask him where the Stone is so we can get the buck out of here.’

“Kilton, do you know where the Soul Stone is?” I asked him as I approached the Void Dweller, Kilton grinned wryly.

“Follow me, my friends, I shall show you where the Stone lies.” Kilton then floated up the steps that lead to where the Soul Stone is. At this point, my heart began to beat faster and faster, I was nervous. What if I had to kill my Tia? My Princess? My love? I began to breathe heavy but I felt a warm feeling on my left shoulder, I look to see who it was and I saw Celestia.

“What is it, my little bean? Are you scared of the weird old man?” She teased, I then chuckled, and shook my head. I followed Kilton and she followed me as we approached the location of the Soul Stone. My heart dropped when I saw a cliff. I stood there in silence as I looked at the cliff.

“So where is the Soul Stone?” Celestia asked Kilton, Kilton crossed his arms.

“To get the Soul Stone, you must trade someone you love. A soul for a soul.” Kilton said, I then approached the cliff, standing at the edge, I looked down the cliff and saw where Gamora and Natasha died. My heart began to beat and tears began to well up in my eyes. I began to breathe heavily as I looked down, tears began to drop from my face, and went off the cliff.

Celestia began to chuckle before she straight up guffawed, “BWAHAHAHA! After all these years, I finally get to see it. The battles you’ve fought for this one moment, to get the Soul Stone. And you. Can’t. Have it. I dreamt of this ever since you were released from your prison, just to look at you fail brings a smile to my face!” Celestia said with a grin, I slowly turned around and took a step forth, I was now face to face Celestia. Celestia then looked at me with a ridiculous look on his face. “Really? Tears? You’re such a foal when you can’t get what you want.”

“Those tears aren’t for him.” Kilton said, Celestia looked at Kilton strangely before she looked up at me.

“This… This isn’t love.” Celestia quivered, she backed away and readied her wings, only to find that she was cuffed in Sea Prism Stone and her wings were gone as well as her horn. She gasped and looked up at me. “No…”

“Don’t be afraid to do what needs to be done.” MCU Thanos said, his voice echoing across my mind.

I take a step forth, “I’m sorry, Tia.” I said tears falling down my face, Celestia tried to run but grabbed her wrist.

“NO!” Celestia wailed as she tried to escape my grasp, I clench my teeth as I powered through the pain in my heart. My whole body felt like jelly, like I could faint or pass out, I closed my eyes and threw her off. Celestia screamed as she fell down, “MY LITTLE BEAN, WHY?!” Celestia cried out as tears fell frowning her cheeks as she was about to hit the ground. I looked away and heard a loud thud on the ground, I slowly turned my head to look down and I saw Celestia. Her eyes closed and blood seeped from her head, laying down in the same way Gamora and Natasha did.

The clouds above me began to form a particular shape, though I wasn’t looking I only looked at my love, my Tia. I then fell to my knees as my tears hit the ground, I then closed my eyes…


I sat there looking at the moonlight, the moon glimmering in the night sky, I was in the Gardens of Two Sisters, I then heard rustling coming from the bushes, I readied the Power Stone and turned towards the bushes. Celestia came out of the bushes and I sighed and the power emanating from the stone faded.

"Dear God, you scared me!" I said holding my chest, Celestia giggled.

"Sorry I was late, had to sneak past the guard and knock a few out, hehe." She smiled, her smile always vanquishes the darkness hidden in my mind, and with that, I smile too.

"Were they a challenge?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh hardly, they just walk around and patrol, the guard is weak compared to me, compared to you" Her neverending smile remained neverending, Celestia was goofy for a while. Like she was childish when she was with me like she could be herself.

"Well, that's good to hear," I use the Reality Stone and I'm suddenly in a tuxedo, and she in a gown. "May I take this dance?" She giggled and put her hand to her mouth, surprised.

"You're so full of tricks my purple bean,"


“Where are you my little bean? Hide and seek is only fun when the seeker can find the hider!”


“My little bean, do you even know how to cook?”


“My little bean, Supergirl has been teasing me again!”


“My little bean, you’re truly special.”


“YES! Yes, a thousand times yes my little bean!”


“I do, my little bean.”


“I love you, my little bean.”


My eyes opened, I was surrounded by water, I groaned as I went to my knees. I looked around and I wasn’t on my bed, my friends weren’t here, Black wasn’t here, Furby wasn’t here. I looked down and I saw an orange glow in the palm of my right hand.

I lifted my hand out of the water and saw the Soul Stone sitting there in my palm, I drowsily lifted my left arm, wielding the Infinity Gauntlet. I then placed the stone where it should be, a rush of power went up and down my body and I shuddered.

I groaned as I looked down at my hands, I looked at my hands and saw the blood of Celestia on them. I then remember what happened… What I had done, tears welled up in my eyes once more and began to hit the water and my hands. I then began to sob quietly. It increased in volume, I didn’t know if someone was here nor did I care. I then look up into the air, as if glaring up at the Gods, at Kilton. I then began to wail as tears began to rush down my face like a river, going down to my chin and ear.

My heart began to ache and it began to beat faster as I couldn’t stand up. I wailed loudly, my sounds of agony being heard to no one but the Gods themselves.

“WHAT HAVE I DONE?!??!?!” I sobbed in agony, I began to scream as I cried tears that could flood the entire planet. I then get a headache that makes my head whirl, I then remember everything that I’ve done. Insulting Eric’s deceased wife, killing Avians after Avians, killing Aurora Platinum’s descendants, Cloven Diamond’s death, the enemies that I’ve killed… Celestia’s blood on my hands. I’m a monster.

Nothing but a monster.

PreviousChapters Next