• Published 22nd Sep 2020
  • 2,935 Views, 530 Comments

Twilight Sparkle: The Amazing Spider-Girl - Equestrian Defender



A single spider changed everything. Now, Twilight Sparkle has to navigate 10th Grade at a new school, while also juggling her new responsibilities as New York City's first ever superhero: The Amazing Spider-Girl!

  • ...
5
 530
 2,935

5: Birth of a Hero

Twilight followed Stinger's car to an abandoned warehouse on the edge of Greenwich, being sure to stay out of sight of his rearview mirror, primarily by using the rooftops and making sure she never swung far enough back that he could see her.

Once he got back in his car, holding a large metal briefcase she assumed was full of his poisoned bullets, he immediately drove off to where she assumed his new hiding spot would be. As she tailed him she noticed that he seemed to be making some extra turns and unnecessary turnarounds, probably in case a detective or someone was tailing him. "Too bad he's not bothering to look up," she muttered. "For him, anyway."

Eventually he pulled up to an abandoned toy factory on the Upper East Side; clearly abandoned as evidenced by the many broken and boarded up windows, the piles of garbage everywhere, and the absolute lack of human life in the vicinity. Perfect place for a lowlife to stash some damning evidence she mused, using her webs to zip from lamp post to lamp post.

From her perch she saw Stinger push a dumpster aside to get to the door and slip inside. Deciding not to follow the exact same steps as the gun-carrying villain, she instead looked around the outside for an opening. Not seeing any on the walls, she web-zipped up onto the roof and checked the skylights, finding one that had a missing panel that she could squeeze through.

Once she was inside she saw multiple large machines, several conveyor belts, and boxes and bins filled with old abandoned toys ranging from baby dolls to stuffed animals to toy trucks. All of them had clearly seen better days, cobwebs everywhere and mold covering most of the toy parts.

Hearing footsteps she quickly hid behind one of the support columns, peeking out from behind it to keep her eyes on her target. While she kept her eyes on him she reached up to a spot on the neck of her costume and activated the voice modulator. She then reached into her pocket and turned on the voice recorder. This one's for you, Shining.


As he carefully slid the briefcase full of his poison and bullets underneath one of the machines, Stinger said "Alright. Now I just need to wait a few weeks and lay low, wait for the cops to run out of leads. After that, I'll-"

"-be rotting in a jail cell for the rest of your miserable excuse of a life."

Immediately he whirled around, his gun drawn and ready to shoot whoever had spoken.

Only to find that there was no one there. "What the- Who the hell's there!? Show yourself!"

"No thanks. I don't feel like getting shot."

Stinger growled, looking in multiple directions to try and find the speaker. "Whoever you are, you clearly don't know who you're messing with."

"Stinger Scorpio. The Manehattan Police Department's got a pretty big folder on you, and I read through it when I tapped into their network. I know you're a high school dropout, you've been arrested multiple times, but the charges have only stuck once for the homicide that Lieutenant Shining Armor arrested you on." There was a low growl as the speaker added "The same cop that you murdered just two weeks ago. With those poisoned bullets you slipped under that machine."

He caught something by the bottom of one of the pillars, a flash of purple and blue, and he took aim and fired off three rounds. Instead of the sound of bullets piercing flesh, all he heard was the bullets striking concrete or steel. "Is that what this is about? Are you coming after me because I killed some goody-two-shoes cop?"

"Not just him. There's three other people you murdered who deserve justice. Smooth Jazz, age 25, owned a club over in Harlem. Asked the police for help when the Storm King's men started forcing him to pay 'protection fees.' Found dead three weeks later, 2 poisoned bullets to his chest."

"Probably did the city a favor. The food at his club sucked."

"Then there was Cherry Cola, age 34, owned a bodega in Queens. Refused to pay the racket, and when one of Storm King's cronies tried to "persuade her,' she took the guy's eye out with a plastic spoon. Two weeks later she was shot on a rainy night, one poisoned bullet to the chest. Died on the way to the hospital. Then to add insult to injury, someone torched the place afterwards."

He smirked. "What can I say? Torch didn't take kindly to losing his eye."

There was another flash of purple and blue by another pillar, this one a lot closer. He fired, but again all he heard was the bullets hitting steel or concrete. "Before the Lieutenant, there was one other. Hot Scoop, 27 years old, an investigative journalist who was investigating the Storm King. Called his editor and said he found the scoop of a lifetime. Barely a week later he was found dead in his apartment, same M.O. as the other two. Only difference he had was that you put five poisoned bullets into his torso."

Stinger couldn't help but laugh at that. "Get your facts straight, lady. I only put three into that loser. The other two went into the far wall of his apartment." He looked around, not noticing anymore purple and blue, and growled "Where the hell are you hiding?!"

Unbeknownst to him, Twilight had actually began lowering herself down from the ceiling, a web line firmly stuck to the roof while she slowly released it through her web shooter. Once she was down to about where she could look Stinger in the eyes, she replied "Right behind you."

Stinger whirled around, but before he could fire his gun at her Twilight was already on the offensive. She immediately dropped down to the floor, before lunging forward and kicking the gun out of Stinger's hand, sending it skidding across the floor. Once he got over the shock he tried to lash out at her with a punch, but she quickly caught his fist, followed by grabbing his shirt and throwing him across the room. He landed on his back on a pile of discarded stuffed animals which cushioned the blow, but not by much if the groan of pain was any indication.

He quickly got back on his feet, pulling a knife out of his coat and charging at her, but Twilight simply side-stepped his stabbing attempt and nailed Scorpion in the stomach with a punch. She made sure to hold back the majority of her strength so that she didn't kill him, but still put enough force into it to hurt. She quickly followed up with a punch to the chest, and then a kick to the that slammed him into the side of a machine.

He wheezed a little before getting back to his feet. "Wh-who the hell are you," he wheezed out.

"I'm the monster you and the Storm King created," she replied, cracking her knuckles as she advanced towards him. He threw a sloppy punch at her with his left hand, but she simply caught it.

And with an application of what she estimated to be 5% of her true strength, she crushed his hand like a vice grip, a resounding crack! echoing throughout the room before she let it go.

It took a few seconds for him to register it, and when he did he let out a very high-pitched, very unmanly sounding scream. "GAH! YOU BI-!"

She cut him off with a kick jab to his rib-cage, earning another, slightly quieter crack! as a rib broke and he stumbled backwards. "WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!"

Coughing, Stinger coughed and spat up a bit of blood. He looked at the mess on his hand...

...and just so happened to notice that his pistol was lying within arm's reach. He quickly snatched it, aiming it at her one-handed. "You fucked with the wrong hitman, bitch!"

He pulled the trigger and fired off a bullet at her, but to his shock she simply twisted out of the way like Neo in The Matrix movies. "You missed," she said as she started walking towards him; slowly, like a lion stalking its prey.

He growled, equal parts frustration and pain, and yelled "JUST DIE!"

He fired every bullet in the clip, screaming at her to "DIE!" with each pull of the trigger.

But it was all for nothing, because she either twisted or sidestepped each and every bullet he fired. As if to really cap off how pathetic he was, the last bullet was aimed at her head from near point-blank range.

All she did was tilt her head and the bullet whizzed right by her.

So shocked he was at this that he didn't have time to react when she grabbed the gun in his hand and tore it from his grasp, before crushing it in her hand like it was made of candy. She threw it to the side, before picking him up by the front of his jacket, hoisting him up in the air with her super strength. He tried to struggle with his good hand, but her grip was like iron and she didn't seem to register his good hand pounding on her arms. "L-let go of me, you bitch! Don't you know who I work for?"

"Oh, I know exactly who you work for, scumbag. He's next."

At that statement, Stinger burst out laughing. "A-are you serious? The Storm King's organization stretches from the sewers all the way to the top floors of the Mayor's office. He's got eyes and ears everywhere, and plenty of scumbags like me who will pop off anyone who dares try and stand against him. Taking me outta the picture's just gonna annoy him. He ain't scared of the cops, the Mayor, the DA, hell he ain't even scared of the President of the U.S! And you? Honey, you ain't even a blip on his radar. You're just a stupid c-"

Before he could finish that word Twilight slugged him in the jaw, knocking out quite a few teeth. She then brought him very close to her face. "I'm not on his radar, huh? Why don't we fix that?"

"How you gonna do that? Kill me?"

"Oh nonono. You don't get off that easy. You've got a lot to pay for, and I'm here to collect. One punch-" she paused, balling up her fist and pulling it back. -for every person you killed over the course of your pathetic life!

The factory was soon filled with the sounds of gloved fists striking flesh, the snapping of bones, and the cries and screams of a man being broken in more ways than one.


"Don't worry, sweetie," Storm Sentry said into her phone. "I'm being extra careful."

"I know, mom," her son replied. "It's just, after what happened to Lieutenant Shining... I just don't want to lose another parent. And neither does First Base."

She sighed, knowing what he was talking about. "I miss him too, Flash. But don't worry. Momma's not dying anytime soon." Her phone beeped, indicating she had another call. "I'll try and call you back, sweetie. I got another call."

"Be safe out there."

"Always."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

Once she ended that call, she picked up the other one, noticing it said RESTRICTED NUMBER. "Lieutenant Storm Sentry. Who is this?"

"I have Stinger Scorpio's location."

That sentence made her eyes widen. "What? How do you know that? Who are you?!"

"That's not important. What is important is that he's currently in an abandoned toy factory on the Upper East Side. There's a sign out front that reads Big Top Toys and has a large clown on it. He's in the main assembly area."

While she was hesitant to trust this stranger on the phone, they've gotten pretty good tips from anonymous people before. It was a pain since it meant more paperwork, but if it meant bringing in Stinger... "Alright. Where in the Main Assembly Area?"

There was a chuckle on the other end. "Trust me. You won't miss him. Also, there's a metal briefcase on one of the conveyor belts. Inside of it is all the evidence you need to put this bastard away for life. And then some.

She finished writing down what she was being told. "Okay. But if this is some sort of prank-"

"Trust me, Lieutenant. It's not. Good luck. Oh, and you may want to bring an ambulance for Stinger."

"Wait, wha-"

Before she could finish her question the line went dead, causing her to curse under her breath.

"Something wrong, Stormy?"

The question came from another cop. She replied "No. In fact, it might actually be something good for us.

'At least I hope it is."


Once she ended the call, Twilight looked up at Stinger.

She had kept her strength dialed back still, but had also put a slight bit more force into her punches. Once she was done beating him to a bloody pulp, she then used her webs to basically cocoon his body from the neck down, before plastering him against a wall. She didn't think he'd be running away anytime soon. Especially since...

"Right arm broken in five places. Both of your legs are broken in seven places each. You've got four broken ribs, and I made sure to crush your hands to the point you'll never be able to hold a pencil again without help, let alone a gun. I'm no doctor, but I'd say it's going to be a long time before you can ever move and/or walk again. Oh, wait! I forgot I also broke your jaw in so many places you'll be eating through a straw for months. All of that, and that's not even taking into account the massive amounts of psychological damage I've done to you too, and that's going to haunt you for SO much longer. As well as the not at all subtle reminder that I could've done so. Much. Worse."[1]

He didn't respond, just looking at her with a look that bordered between terror and unbridled rage. She honestly couldn't tell if he hated her or feared her. Or both. Probably both.

"And now," she said while picking up a can of spray paint she found in the factory's supply closet, one that was still good to use "for one last thing."

Approaching an empty patch of the wall, she reached into her one pocket and pulled out a folded up stencil that she promptly unfolded.

"My signature."


An hour later, the police arrived.

And Storm Sentry and the cops that had entered the building with her couldn't believe their eyes.

Seeing Stinger Scorpio beaten to a bloody pulp and held against a wall by what looked like webs was surprising enough (and incredibly cathartic to them) but the briefcase they found was opened to reveal a stash of bullets laced with poison. "Hot damn, your tipper wasn't joking," one of the other cops said. "The thing does have enough evidence to lock him up for life."

Noticing something in the corner, she picked it up to reveal a plain black flashdrive with a piece of tap around it. The tiny writing on the tape read: Stinger's confession. DO NOT LOSE! Pocketing it, she said "See if you can find anything else on our mysterious 'friend.'"

"I found something," one of the cops said, pointing at the far wall.

Sprayed upon the wall in purple paint, only a few feet away from where Stinger was plastered, was a picture of a spider.

No, not a picture she mused.

A symbol.


She watched from a good distance away as police exited the factory, Stinger being wheeled out on a gurney into an ambulance. Storm Sentry herself personally walked the briefcase to her car, driving off after telling the guys in the ambulance to make sure he went straight to the prison hospital in Ryker's Island. "If anyone deserves to rot in that place, it's him," she muttered.

She swung off, intent on going home for the night. It wasn't too late, though the moon had started to rise. She'd be able to grab her backpack from behind the dumpster behind the apartment building, change, head up the elevator, and just tell Cadance she was at the library before getting a shower and heading to bed.

She stopped that line of thought when she heard a woman screaming.

Without even thinking she swung back around towards the alley it came from, sticking to the wall and assessing the situation.

To her surprise, it was that cross-eyed woman from the train ride, along with her daughter. The girl in question was being held by two large brutish men, while a third brute that she guessed was their leader had the woman pinned down with an absolutely lecherous grin on his face. "Don't worry, luv. You'll be free to go as soon as I've had a little...fun. But if you don't stop struggling, I'll let Bosco back there have some fun of his own with your little-"

That was enough to set off Twilight's hero complex, and with a Thwip! she swung into action. Literally, as she swung down low and planted both of her feet into the leader's face, sending him flying into the side of a dumpster. Once she landed on the ground she fired off two web lines, each nailing one of the thugs holding the little girl. Surprised at this they released their hold on her, and that was when Twilight took her chance and yanked both of them towards her.

Or rather, towards her fists. Which she planted in their faces, knocking the bastards out cold.

Her Spider-Sense went off, and she immediately turned and sidestepped the Leader, who had pulled out a switchblade and attempted to stab her. She grabbed a hold of his wrist before striking with her palm, snapping his elbow and eliciting a scream of pain. She then grabbed and threw him against the wall, unleashing a salvo of web shots that stuck him to the wall. She did the same thing with Bosco and the other guy, sticking them to the floor.

"MOMMY!"

She turned to see the little girl helping her mother up to her feet, rapidly asking if she was okay. The woman ruffled her hair and replied that she was.

Then both of them looked at Twilight. "Are the two of you okay," she asked.

The woman nodded, shaking a little but otherwise staying strong. "Y-yes. Thank you. For saving us."

"It was nothing. I just really don't like rapists."

"I don't think anyone does," she replied, getting a small chuckle from the two of them.

The little girl walked up to Twilight and asked "Are you a superhero?"

She was caught a bit off guard by the suddenness of the question, but she answered "I...Yes. Yes I am."

"Cool! My mommy and I just got saved by a real-life superhero! This is so cool!"

"Dinky," her mother said, getting her attention. "I'm sure she has places she needs to be right now."

"Oh. Okay." Looking at Twilight she said "Thank you for saving my mommy."

Twilight smiled behind her mask, before reaching down and ruffling Dinky's hair. "Hey, that's what heroes do." Looking back at the woman, she said "You two be careful heading home, miss..."

"Derpy. Derpy Hooves," she replied, shaking Twilight's hand. "And I know I already said this, but thank you so much for saving us, Miss..."

Realizing Derpy was waiting for her name, she said the first name that came into her head. "Spider-Girl."

Author's Note:

[1]: Thank you, Comickook for your dialogue suggestion.

Okay, so we've got what I promised you: Twilight's first time as Spider-Girl, and her avenging her brother's murder. Along with that, the police know that she's out there, and we get to see the first civilians Twilight saves. Plus, Derpy and Dinky cameo!

I hope you guys like this chapter. Sorry it took so long.

Now there should only be one or two more chapters I have to do before a short timeskip to the start of the school year. Hopefully one, but my brain occasionally tells me "You need to split this chapter into two." for reasons.

Anyway, until next time, Equestrian Defender, out!

Comments ( 95 )

Nice! First round goes to Spider-Girl!

Play 'Hero' from Nickelback while reading this.... it makes the immersion ten times more fun..... AND HELL YEAH TWILY! YOU KICKED HIS ASS GOOD! WOOHOO! THAT ONE'S FOR SHINING ARMOR YOU SHIT BAG!

"Right arm broken in five places. Both of your legs are broken in seven places each. You've got four broken ribs, and I made sure to crush your hands to the point you'll never be able to hold a pencil again without help, let alone a gun. I'm no doctor, but I'd say it's going to be a long time before you can ever move and/or walk again. Oh, wait! I forgot I also broke your jaw in so many places you'll be eating through a straw for months. All of that, and that's not even taking into account the massive amounts of psychological damage I've done to you too, and that's going to haunt you for SO much longer. As well as the not at all subtle reminder that I could've done so. Much. Worse." [1]

This gave me RDJ's Sherlock Holmes vibes.

The fact that she stopped to help a couple of people who have no way of paying her back even though she already avenged her brother's death definitely solidifies Spider-Girl as a hero.

I know you probably can't tell me, but is Cinch still a supervillain in this reboot?

Nice! I loved how you changed house the confrontation usually goes, usually Spidey tries to kill the murder at first, but I personally believe Twilight would have a different approach, using her brain to find the most effective way to punish him instead of outright murdering him. The only thing that surprised me was how brutal Twilight was, though I can understand why it was still surprising to see. Great chapter by the way, I can’t sit till we see the canterlot high stuff With the girls!

Also, Twilight was a complete badass in this chapter, the way she played around with Stinger like he was a mouth was satisfying to watch. Not to mention how she casually talked about all the ways she destroyed his body was honestly kind of scary . Will there be more badass moments like that in the future?

Awesome chapter, dude!!! :D

Nice chapter. Can't wait to see the rest.

Discorp uh?

10559284
Yeah. Actually, the RDJ Sherlock Holmes thing is EXACTLY where I got the idea for the dialogue from.

As for Cinch, yeah, she IS still going to be a super-villain. Most likely one of the Storm King's lieutenants; higher up in rank than most of his eventual super-mooks, but still not quite at the level of the Storm King himself.

Hey there. Thanks very much for getting the next chapter up AND for liking one of my dialogue ideas enough to use it. BOTH are really appreciated. Once again, excellent job on the exchanges, characterizations, action and future chapter set-up in all the right places. I ESPECIALLY enjoyed seeing how severely Twi utterly punished Scorpio, both physically AND psychologically (while ALSO mentioning the stuff on his file), while still being very careful about NOT losing the evidence. And then I also really enjoyed Storm's reassuring chat with Flash before finding out Scorpio got nabbed. And then, also got a lot of pleasure from Twilight helping Derpy and Dinky (in their second cameo in this story) against those would-be rapists, pretty much solidifying her path as a hero.

VERY definitely going to be looking forward to more of this story.

Awesome! Stinger got exactly what he deserves, and eventually Storm King will be next.

Stormy Sentry's phone call with her son was very sweet. I hope she and Spider-Girl will make good partners eventually, like how Spider-Man was with Yuri (before she went off the deep end) or even something like Batman and Gordon.

If that didn't cement her start as a hero, then saving Derpy and Dinky from those three rapists certainly did. No doubt those two grateful citizens are going to spread the word about the world's first real superhero.

And with this chapter, the world’s first superhero is born.

Twilight beating up Stinger was so cathartic to read. And even more so to visualize. He’s not gonna be causing trouble any time soon. At least not until he becomes the Scorpion.

Plus, we finally get our first glimpse of Flash in this story, albeit just his voice. Hopefully we’ll get to see him in person soon.

And that moment with Derpy and her daughter at the end... that is the kind of hero this city deserves. (Little nitpick, you had Dinky’s first line of dialogue in Twilight’s hero font. Just something you might need to tweak.)

In the spirit of this new chapter, I’d like to close on something...

My name is Twilight Sparkle. I was bitten by a genetically altered spider, and as a result, I was granted extraordinary, superhuman abilities. I wasn’t looking to become a hero, but there are evil people tainting this city. And as someone very close to me once said, with great power, there must also come great responsibility. To honor that person’s memory, I’ve sworn an oath to free the people from those poisoning our home.

This city needs more than a hero. It needs hope, and I’m gonna give them a reason to feel hopeful again.That is my responsibility.

Who am I? I’m Spider-Girl.

There's a sign out front that reads Big Top Toys and has a large clown on it. He's in the main assembly area.

Wait...this isn't like Gotham City and there's an endless amount of 'abandoned factories', are there? I mean, there's like 200 of them in Gotham, and they're all clown themed.

So, I have a feeling that Storm Sentry is gonna be a major character in this series. Is there anyone in particular whose voice you hear when reading her dialogue? If she’s gonna be sticking around for a good while, she deserves a voice, I think.

My first thought would be Ming-Na Wen, aka Mulan and SHIELD agent Melinda May. But that’s just me, I’m open to just about anyone.

EXCELLENT work so far!

10559566
Probably not, but it MIGHT be a good Shout Out to Batman's home turf (since the real New York WAS one of the inspirations for Gotham City).

10559610
Yeah. She's basically going to be the George Stacy of the story (probably promoted to Captain sometime late in Spider-Girl's first year, much like Gordon was promoted to Captain reasonably late in Batman's first year).

Talk about the perfect combination of tech-genius and martial arts badass. Twilight uses both her intelligence like Spider-Man and her fighting skills like Batman. Spider-Girl, u are awesome. P.S. love this chapter

Spider-girl eh

Not spider woman, I guess she doesn't have enough confidence yet



Also

I've been paying close attention to Gallus,

As an orphan, he has a lot of potential to be anything

I remember in the Scavenger hunt episode that paid attention in Class and memorized Griffin history

And in the season 8 finale, Gallus said he had notes saying he liked to be prepared and the look on twilights face made her so proud

And his episode about his fear helped him cleverly solve his trap

And in the guidance council episode(when trixie became the new counselor) he likes techno music like sci twi. Maybe he could make songs like miles

I think he may be a "closet genius"?

And in the final episode he's twilights guard, last line of defense outside her throne room

Hopefully he gets a great role with Twilight

10560000
Harlem was mentioned

Fun fact, I hear thats where a certain deceased character rests at that district

You think that's where shinings resting place is at?

10559208
Yep. Now we just wait a few chapters for Round 2.

10559224
Hopefully now he'll be able to Rest In Peace.

10559284

The fact that she stopped to help a couple of people who have no way of paying her back even though she already avenged her brother's death definitely solidifies Spider-Girl as a hero.

That's not just the mark for Spider-Girl (or Spider-Man) but really for any True Hero, the inability to walk away when someone needs help.

10559303

The only thing that surprised me was how brutal Twilight was, though I can understand why it was still surprising to see.

To be fair, the show's canon is meant to be for girls in the 6 to 10 year old range. This kind of violence is usually reserved for shows meant for slightly older audiences, mainly aimed towards boys. Shows like the 90s Batman The Animated Series, The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avatar: The Last Airbender and it's sequel series The Legend of Korra, and virtually any anime that has a teen to older teen rating (like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, The Rising of the Shield Hero, The Seven Deadly Sins, My Hero Academia, and so many more.) You don't exactly see teeth flying in the canon show (outside of fan animations.)
Plus to be fair, the bastard did murder her brother. If I were in her situation and one of my brothers (or any member of my family) I would probably beat that bastard to death with his own spine.
And yes, there will be plenty of badass moments in future chapters.

10559423
You're welcome. It was a good idea.

10559493

Awesome! Stinger got exactly what he deserves, and eventually Storm King will be next.

Yep. But it's not going to be for a long while. Storm King is this universe's version of Wilson Fisk/Kingpin, and whether it was the comics or the 90s Animated Series, that guy did not go down easily.

Stormy Sentry's phone call with her son was very sweet. I hope she and Spider-Girl will make good partners eventually, like how Spider-Man was with Yuri (before she went off the deep end) or even something like Batman and Gordon.

That's the plan. Only she's not going to snap like Yuri did.

10559514

Plus, we finally get our first glimpse of Flash in this story, albeit just his voice. Hopefully we’ll get to see him in person soon.

Real soon. Just wait.

And that moment with Derpy and her daughter at the end... that is the kind of hero this city deserves.

And at this point, it's the kind of hero the city NEEDS. Points if you get that reference.
Also, love the Arrowverse style opening narration. I may have to borrow that sometime.

10559610
Honestly I was thinking Laura Bailey. She was the voice actress for Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow in Marvel Avengers 2020.
But your choice is good too.

10559737
Thank you.

10560031
Thank you.

10560756
Laura Bailey is awesome! She was one of my other top choices, and one of my favorite voice actors in general. She’s got the range, I can totally hear her as Storm Sentry to Josh Keaton’s Flash. I approve!

10560756
And as for the narration, it’s all yours. Feel free to use and/or tweak it as you see fit, too.

10560764
Cool. Glad you agree!
I'll probably use it to open the second Spider-Girl story. Probably alter it a bit to make it sound like one of the recaps from Into The Spider-Verse.

Why do I have a feeling that there’s going to be one Jameson guy who is going to hate our Spider-Girl?

10560756
As for the reference, The Dark Knight, am I right?

10560769
There's going to be another spider story?

10560756
10560760
I'm personally partial to Ming-na Wen playing Flash's mom. I have this weird headcanon that Flash is mixed ancestry on his mom's side. I know the ethnicity of either the character or the actor shouldn't have anything to do with voice acting casting, but I don't know. I've had that headcanon in my mind ever since I saw some hater accuse Flash of being a racist caricature.

10560924
Is it cause he's the only character that has realistic skin?

10560990
Apparently, whoever made that accusation saw a poorly timed freeze-frame closeup of his face and thought he looked Asian. :applejackunsure: I'm not opposed to Flash being completely or partially Asian. I mean, his voice actor is Asian, and I'm Asian, so there's absolutely nothing wrong with people being Asian.

10560924
Everyone has their own headcanons, nothing wrong with that. If you ask me, you’re free to imagine hearing whoever’s voice you want. :twilightsmile:

This got me curious once sunset shimmer makes her appearance how will Sci-Twi interactions till the events of the first equestria girls movie be like?.

10561232
I'd be more worried about venom haunting twilight

10560840
Not for quite a while (we're still pretty early in this one), but yeah. No spoilers on the next one, of course, other than it's pretty safe to assume that it will probably cover Twi's second year as Spider-Girl (and maybe the premiere of at least one or two unspecified new super-heroes).


10561741

Yeah, me too. It will probably be either an OC or Human Starlight playing Brock. , But that will probably not be until the second book (by which point, Spider-Girl will have AT LEAST A LITTLE help).

10561232
Probably with Sunset being basically a smarter and nastier female Flash Thompson until Sunset realizes the error of her ways. Yeah, she's going to be Doctor Strange eventually, but there is nothing saying she can't have some Flash Thompson elements before that, especially since she IS the ex of Twi's future love interest. Kind of like Hal Stewart from Megamind was Jimmy Olsen if he ALWAYS hated Superman, Sunset, pre-reform could be Flash Thompson with the modification that he HATED Spider-Man even more than he hated Parker.

10561232
Well to put it simply, Twilight won't be taking any of Sunset's crap. While she won't do anything that might risk exposing her identity as Spider-Girl, she makes it very clear on the first day she's not afraid to defend herself if Sunset tries to get physical.

And after Sunset makes the big mistake of badmouthing Shining Armor, she finds out that Sci-Twi has one mean right hook.

10560924
Honestly I could go either way with the voice actress. Both are good choices. I'd say just go with the one you like.
Though now that I think about it, I am also kinda more partial to Ming-Na Wen too. Looking back over her lines, I read them while imagining Mulan's voice, and it just worked.

10564217
Speaking of the asian topics

Who do you have in mind for shang chi?

A possible one for later on (after Sunset's defeat and reform, but before the Friendship Games)

Rainbow: (mutters your choice of profanities after she gets fouled by an opponent on the athletic field)

Rarity: Language!

(after a couple of minutes, while Rainbow's team is on a break)

Sunset: Wait a minute. Nobody else is going to deal with the fact that Rarity just said "'language'"?

Twilight: Look, Sunset, it just slipped. There is no need to tease her about it.

Rarity: Thank you, Twilight.

Rainbow: (as she gets back on the sports field) And for gosh sakes, watch your language.

Rarity: That is NOT going away any time soon, is it?

Twilight: Afraid not.


***************************************************

(sometime after whoever you pick for the role of Miles[(be it Scootaloo, Gallus or whatever] gets his/her powers and is being trained by Spider-Girl)

Whoever you pick as Doctor Octopus: The blood samples collected during some of your recent big battles have provided valuable info, such as giving me a means of creating a formula that can duplicate the combined powers of both of you AND Scorpion, granting me powers similar to yours, but at a superior level. (as he/she is fighting both arachnid-powered heroes at once)

Spider-Girl: Let me guess, you already injected yourself?

Doctor Octopus Expy: Indeed. What? Did you think I would be stupid enough to show you the formula and monologue before I injected myself?

Spider-Girl: To be honest, yeah. I mean, you DO tend to be a bit of a big mouth.

Doctor Octopus Expy: Really, Spider-Girl. You of all individuals should know that I never repeat my mistakes or fall for the same trick twice.

Spider-Girl: No, but you DO make lots of new mistakes. Such as, in this case, you might HAVE the powers, but you don't know how to use them yet. Still get used to the double-strength spider-sense I'm guessing.

Of course, I can completely understand if you already have other/better ideas.

Wow! I loved the fight scenes on this one! Spider-girl yay!

10564434
Wonder if there is any dialogue ideas for Spike there?

How Twilight was kicking Scorpio's ass like that was pretty nice to see.

Spider-Girl didn't just break some of the Scorpion's bones, she broke his spirit.

Wait...why is Dinky's dialogue also pink like Twilight's?

10564434
Speaking of scootaloo

She'd be perfect for the role of rocket racer

Its a shame people rarely hear of him?

10567323
Always feels good to see some scumbag murderer get his ass kicked.

10568531
I need to fix that. My bad.

10568925
Wonder if Spike might get to do it to some criminal that deserves it too? Or gives a second heaping of asskicking to Scorpio if he comes back from this somehow?

10568930
Probably not for a long while. He'll get his chance to shine, trust me. But it's not going to be for a while.

10568949
I am guessing its probably years and he misses out too much due to "being too young"..


Btw I forgot to mention something.
Twilight sure got to be careful in not actually killing criminals for sure.
To quote Kamen Rider Ryuki: "If you take a life, there's no going back" or something.

10568953
Plus she'll be shot by cops as wanted for manslaughter

Login or register to comment