• Published 8th Apr 2020
  • 2,691 Views, 23 Comments

Absolution Of A Lovely Queen Changeling - Lonely Fanboy48



Months after the demise of the former queen, the ruler of the Changeling Empire might find a way to reform Chrysalis but he’s gonna need a lot of help.

  • ...
4
 23
 2,691

Ocellus’s Shared Love

After three long hours, Thorax and his friends failed to help Chrysalis, even after their countless attempts. The former queen felt anxiety, from Spike and Starlight’s help, she can feel herself feeling much less vicious. The lessons and sessions she received gave her a significant understanding about friendship, but it traumatized her in a way no creature had done in Equestria.

“Thorax,” Spike retorted nicely. “We’ve been doing this for hours! Why can’t we just give up?”

“No.” Thorax replied. “Even if it takes us all night, we will complete our goal.”

“She threw cupcakes at me! Shouldn’t that be the obvious answer, that she won’t reform!?”

“No offence, but your attempt of showing her friendship wasn’t the best!” Thorax shouted in stress. He sighed in remorse after lashing out to his best friend. Even for him, he knew this wasn’t going to end quickly, but he’s not giving up.

“Thorax, why don’t we just stop so I can turn Chrysalis back into stone again?” Starlight offered, while trying to be nice. “Not only this is not leading us forward, but it’s also causing Chrysalis to lose control of herself.” She pointed at the Changeling in the cell. “But not in an evil way.”

Chrysalis is sitting by herself while hitting the bars on the back of her head. “Why is friendship so beautiful, sweet but most importantly...COMPLICATING TO LEARN!!?” She reacted, as she continued to bang her head.

“Yeah, she feels worse when she’s getting close to reforming.” Spike backed away from looking at Chrysalis.

“No, it’s actually a good thing.” Thorax smiled. “She’s feeling a spark inside herself when friendship grows bigger. If we continue, she might be only steps away from accepting friendship.”

This caused Spike and Starlight to facepalm from hearing their friend’s complement.

“Brother, that makes no sense whatsoever.” Pharynx walking up to his brother. “The only thing we’re doing at this point is giving her a medical class.”

Thorax then lowered his head after agreeing with his brother. He tried to give it a shot, but it never turned out the way he wanted too. “You’re right, we’re just going around circles and it’s not making any progress.”

“Well look at the bright side.” Starlight trying to be positive. “At least we didn’t cause Chrysalis to wreak havoc.”

“Don’t even think about it, I’m still bummed out my goal failed.” The ruler went to the other side of the hive before turning to her former queen. He’s too depressed to even think of another way to resolve Chrysalis to become a better changeling like the rest of his species. As he headed to the corner of the hive, he sat down without his friends to keep him company.

“I’ll go get the cart.” Spike said while looking at his friend alone.

“And I’ll turn Chrysalis into stone.” Starlight added but before she attempted to do her spell, Ocellus and Cadance arrived back in the room.

“Stop!” Cadance called. “We’re not done yet!”

“Cadance?” Pharynx blinked. “What took you so long? And why is Ocellus here? She’s supposed to be away from this room.

“But we just came up with a solution to this!”

“A solution?” Starlight turning to Cadance.

“Like what?” Spike added.

“You’ll see but first…” Ocellus stopped herself because she knew full well they won’t accept her offer, not long before Cadance filled in.

“We want Chrysalis out of her cell.”

“What!?” Starlight shouted.

“But she might escape!” Spike cried.

“Don’t worry.” Cadance spoke as she turned to Pharynx. “You and I will keep an eye on her. Ocellus will take care of this.”

“Why? What can she do?” Pharynx asked.

“You’ll see.”

Thorax heard everything from Cadance, even from the other side of the room. Although he’s against the idea of releasing Chrysalis, he still believes her and Ocellus might be onto something.

Ocellus, Cadance and Pharynx unlocked the cell, which caught the Changeling's attention despite still being watched. Spike is hiding behind Starlight as he and she are prepared if Ocellus’s plan backfires.

Chrysalis couldn’t believe she’s getting released, but still momentarily. “What kind of creatures are you!?” She groaned.

“Changelings who are trying to help you.” Ocellus answered.

“So will you please don’t make any attempt to escape,” Pharynx replied.

“And just slowly walk out of the cell.” Cadance finished.

The three back away to allow Chrysalis to leave her cell. The Changeling, despite feeling the anxiety in herself, slowly walks out of her cell. During her sessions from Starlight and Spike, she learned to tone down her selfish behaviour, even if it traumatized her.

“Just relax.” Cadance placing her hoof on Chrysalis’s shoulder, until she hissed at her briefly.

“Chrysalis.” Ocellus spoked. “What do you think about love in general?”

Upon hearing the question, Chrysalis turned back to Ocellus. After her experiences of stealing love from her enemies, it was only a matter of time she received a question that was all too infamous to her.

“Because it’s one of the most valuable things I want for my own needs! Isn’t that obvious to you?” She shouted.

“But in a forceful manner, you’ve got it all wrong.”

Her former queen flinched from seeing Ocellus counter-argue her statement. “Forceful?”

“Yes. No matter what you say otherwise, a forceful manner isn’t always a good thing.”

“You know it’s true, after you ruined my wedding with Shining Armor.” Cadance commented.

“What I’m trying to say is, you always think of yourself so much, you never truly understood what love is actually supposed to be.” Ocellus spoke in concern.

“Then what do you know that I don’t?” Chrysalis asked.

“I’ve told you this when Thorax shared his love.” Starlight recalled. “The fact you never accept the idea of what love truly is will always make you wrong, no matter what you tell yourself.”

“She wasn’t saying this to go against your plans, because she’s right.” Spike added.

Chrysalis tried to process what she’s hearing around her, causing her to feel more stressed until Ocellus placed her hoof on her shoulder.

“You don’t have to be right all the time.” She said with a soft tone. “What matters is that you always take matters into your own hooves without understanding the true purpose of what love actually means.”

Chrysalis tried to calm down to listen to the creatures around her. In the position she’s in, she’s barely in a listening mood, but she had no choice. She may know everything of what love really means, but always going the wrong way.

“If you were the ruler of the Changeling Empire before you reformed yourself, would you offer Starlight’s friendship?”

Ocellus found Chrysalis’s question a good and nice one at that. If there’s anything she won’t expect some creature’s question, it is usually from their harsh behavior.

“Yes.” She answered. “Even if Starlight is right, even if I don’t control an empire anymore, and even if I never got reformed, I would rather take the chances to accept the friendships from others who were right all along.”

“Then why would you do it?”

“Because I don’t want to be alone.”

Thorax turned around after hearing Ocellus. During those last three hours, he just wanted to make sure his race would stay safe from Chrysalis. He didn’t get the idea to just take one reformed Changeling to meet their former queen who once did all of the duties required during her reign. As for Starlight and Spike, they like where this is going and it’s not causing their enemy to lash out.

Cadance, along with Pharynx slowly being less on edge and listening to what Ocellus had to say, felt their hearts warm after the hours they spent. But the one creature whose heart was different from the others, but not in a selfish way, is Chrysalis.

“I...I don’t know what to say.” She spoked. “And why am I feeling something...usually in myself.”

“I think this is what creatures in Equestria call, a change of heart.” Cadance smiled.

This caused Chrysalis to place her hoof on her chest so she can feel her heartbeat. For such a long time during her life as a queen, this feeling became very rare for her to go through.

“A change of heart?” She spoked. “I didn’t know it would be so effective to me.”

“It can happen to anyone, there’s a first time for everything.”

“Not to mention a really important step, and the first thing for friendship.” Ocellus added. “If you can handle what love feels like, like the rest of us, you'll see the big picture.”

Ocellus lifted her hoof up to offer her friendship to Chrysalis just like Starlight tried in the past. Chrysalis looked at Ocellus’s hoof before making her final choice. “If you think I will accept your offer, everything will change?” She asked.

“If only you reform yourself.” Ocellus finished.

Chrysalis’s heart continues to pound harder and faster, but at this point, she learns that it’s the right thing to do. Her forceful attitude is what’s causing her goals to fail again and again, and she felt ashamed of herself that it took this long for her to realise it. Tears began to fall from her eyes, in full remorse after witnessing all the damage she caused.

Every creature including Thorax couldn’t believe they saw Chrysalis, out of all enemies crying. It was like a bizarre dream that never came to be in the real world. So bizarre, that no one could see it coming. Ocellus can still see more tears coming down from her former queen, but it made her accomplished.

“It’s okay to feel this way. Moments like these are often a long time coming.” She replied.

She still kept her hoof up, while Chrysalis grew a smile on her face. Instead of a hoof shake, she instead gave Ocellus a hug, much to the reformed changeling’s surprise. She holds onto to her tightly now that her heart is in the right place for the first time.

“If there’s anything I can do to fix all of my wrongdoings, I’ll go out of my way to fix them!” Chrysalis cried.

Then a spark came from Chrysalis’s heart, glowing brightly, which caused her to break the hug immediately. Ocellus and the others back away once they see Chrysalis rise from the ground. Soon the other Changelings outside of the room, turned their attention when they saw the light of their former queen, finally transforming herself.

“What’s going on!?” Spike asked while blocking his eyes from the brightness.

“She’s transforming herself!” Thorax looking at Chrysalis.

Chrysalis can only see herself glowing in pure absolution. As the light finally reached its limit, a boom came from the room. Thorax along with his friends look alway to prevent them going blind. Chrysalis then landed on the ground as the absolution completed itself.

Once the glowing had stopped everyone around, took a look at Chrysalis’s new form. Not only it was far different from all the other Changelings, but also beautiful. Chrysalis’s eyes remain the same except they’re light blue instead of green. Her horn is no longer dented and is straight up like it’s supposed to be.

With her being the only Changeling who has a mane, it’s no longer messy, a light blue in a white base that made her beautiful in her own way. Her wings are just like Thorax and Pharynx with a yellow covering, to protect them from damage.

Upon looking at her, every creature thought they were looking at a different Changeling, but it’s really Chrysalis herself. Once she begins to look at herself, she’s no longer sad, but happier than ever before.

“Oh my goodness!” She cheered. “I look even better than in my old form!”

“Do you still feel the same a minute ago?” Cadance asked.

“No. After I finally reformed, I no longer feel an instinct to steal love anymore.”

“That’s because I shared my love with you.” Ocellus replied.

“You’ve changed for the greater good, which means you’ll see what’s yet for you to experience.” Pharynx added.

“Well...what do I have to do first?” Chrysalis said in a normal tone.

“Maybe apologizing Spike for almost plucking his wings off?” Starlight pointed at the dragon.

“What!?” Spike reacted in shock. The newly reformed Changeling looked at Spike upon hearing Starlight. She agrees with her former rival as she begins to walk up to the dragon.

Spike needed to protect himself in case if Chrysalis is just in disguise like all Changelings do. Things get more stressful once he bumps against a wall behind him as the reformed Chrysalis got closer. She used her horn to levitate the dragon which caused him to get paranoid if she’s going to have his wings plucked again.

She then moved him so she could see his back, and felt his wings with her hoof. Even if she didn’t damage his future, she’s relieved she didn’t hurt him that much.

Spike was feeling so much fear inside of him until Chrysalis turned him around and gave him a harmless and warm hug. “I’m sorry I almost plucked your wings off.” She placed his hoof on his wings again.

The hug continued for ten seconds as Spike’s friends could see the good side of Chrysalis after the absolution. The dragon’s fear is starting to go away, the new behavior he’s experienced from her was the opposite from before.

“I forgive you.” Spike closed his eyes as he grew a smile.

“Thank you.” Chrysalis smiled.

“She looks like an angel.” Princess Cadance commented.

“More than an angel.” Starlight added.

Meanwhile, the Changelings of the kingdom all come inside of the room now it’s no longer restricted. When they looked at Chrysalis in her new form, they never believed Thorax along with his friends could do the impossible. As Chrysalis breaks the hug, she notices more of the Changelings are coming into the room. When she walks up to her kind, it was like in the past, but no longer what they used to be.

“So...this is what it feels like being reformed?” Chrysalis asking the Changelings. “Making friendship a better solution and sharling love the right way?”

“Yes!” All the Changelings shouted in happiness.

Chrysalis turned around so she could see Thorax and the others impressed. “So what do I do now?”

“We’re going to write a letter to the ruler of Equestria, so she can know all about the good news.” Pharynx smiled.

“And I’m relieved it didn’t take that long for us to do this.” Ocellus added. Thorax advanced forward in front of Chrysalis now that he has so much to show her.

“I know you can handle running a kingdom, but a lot has changed.” Thorax recalled.

“Don’t worry, I understand.” Chrysalis replied. “As far as I’m concerned, I wonder what you do as a ruler and how love is a better subject than I thought.”

“There’s so much to learn here and even outside of our kingdom. When my friends see the new you, you will never be recognized as one of Equestria’s criminals. And this is only the beginning.” He then gave the reformed queen a hug, which she accepted.

“I really hope you're onto something.”

“I always do.”

Comments ( 3 )

you think you can make some sequels for this that involved tirek and then cozy glow being reformed.

11310688
Sorry but I’m not a fan of those characters. And I barely do MLP stories.

This was pretty nice

Login or register to comment