• Published 27th Feb 2020
  • 4,427 Views, 207 Comments

Light and Dark: Road to Redemption - MXCDarkHorse2020



Twilight Sparkle, now the Princess of Friendship, focuses on proving to everypony through the adventures of Season 5 of Friendship is Magic onwards that she truly has redeemed herself for her past actions as Midnight Sparkle.

  • ...
9
 207
 4,427

PreviousChapters
Chapter 78: The Ending of the End Part Four (Edited 10/31/22)

Chapter 78:

The Ending of the End Part Four

As soon as the Sirens appeared before everyone’s eyes the battle entered a prolonged pause as everyone expect Midnight and her followers look on in shock at the sight of the return of them as the Pillars and the Young Six watch on from afar with dark clouds forming up in the sky covered the sky blue color and bright yellow sun.

“The Sirens?” Star Swirl voiced his surprise seeing them again.

“But how?” Ocellus questioned.

“I thought you banished them a thousand years ago?” Smolder also questioned this sight they are seeing.

“We did!” Somnambula said.

“But how are they even back here?” Sandbar voiced with disbelief.

“I don’t know.” Star Swirl could only say as he continued focusing his attention back on the tree. “But for now we must try everything we can to try to get the elements magic working again before they wreak havoc since they are the only thing powerful enough to defeat them.”

Star Swirl then keep pressing forward with working his magic as the others watch on between him and the tree along with the sight of the Sirens appearing over the Canterlot Castle grounds.

“So this was the trap you had set up for us from the start didn’t you?” Twilight asked of her evil counterpart. “Either attempting to have us all burned and or drowned at Mount Aris and Seaquestria or reawakening the Sirens to have them force us into surrendering to you?”

“Correct.” Midnight nonchalantly replied. “And I must say I’m mildly impressed with how long you and everyone else lasted and have you all managed to make this far. But now it doesn’t matter since nothing could stop this moment. I hold all the cards here and now you all have no choice but to submit to me unless you want to me sic the legendary sirens onto everyone here and all of Equestria and the entire world.”

“And of course you know that the answer is still no.” Twilight defied as everyone else bravely looks on despite the very slim odds of winning now. “You can attack us and we may fall. But Equestria will still stand, united in friendship. And we won't stop until we defeat you, no matter how many ponies you take down!”

All of the other villains minus Midnight who simply chuckles a little all laugh in amusement of another one of her uprising friendship speeches.

“Oh boy, listen to you talk about friendship.” Tirek scoffed as he voiced his thoughts about it. “Turns out that the Magic of Friendship is your biggest weakness. A fitting end to your pathetic story.”

Discord who was currently restraining him with his magic at the moment immediately silenced him by zipping his mouth up with a magical zipper.

“Come on, Twilight! Don’t give in to her.” Discord encouraged the young alicorn. “Use the elements! Blast her back to where she came from!”

“I’m afraid the only way you’ll be able to stop me is either you surrender or you try to fight to me. So again, what are you going to do about it?” Midnight ignored Discord as she focused her attention to Twilight as she had her hooves ready to clap to give the command as she has her in a position where she can’t win no matter what happens.

“No! I’ll never surrender to you.” Twilight again refused to give in with narrowed eyes. “And furthermore, I’ll never be like you Midnight!”

“Okay.” Midnight calmly replied as she clapped her hooves to give the command. “You asked for it.” She said as she turned to the Sirens. “Sic’ em.”

“With pleasure.” Adiago said with an evil teeth gritting smile as she and the others focused their attention on the alicorn in question as she breathed in Twilight’s anger at Midnight to fuel their power as Sunset flies up and sends magic right at them to force them back.

“Not on my watch you’re not.” Sunset quickly and fiercely responded as she defended her friend as she faced off against the Sirens.

“Ugh.” Aria groaned in annoyance. “Can you be any more annoying?!”

“Let’s just put an end to this girl.” Sonota simply focused her attention on the fiery colored alicorn as she focuses her sonic shock wave powered voice on her.

Sunset quickly conjured up a shield to protect herself as all of the unicorns (sans Shining Armor) quickly work their protection spell to protect everyone else as the other powerful ponies fighting their adversities keep their opponents restrained.

Sunset then flies over and proceeds to work her magic as she repeatedly dodges and attacks them to keep them at bay as the Mane Five all head on over to help them with Rainbow using her super speed aid Sunset in outmaneuvering the Sirens while Applejack lassos the three as Rarity works her magic in restraining them as she ties the ropes onto strong metal support beams she conjured up with her magic as Pinkie and Fluttershy work together to use their strength to keep the Sirens at bay.

As Midnight takes notice of that before refocusing her attention back at Twilight.

“It’s just you and me now!” Midnight said in her good counterpart’s direction as her heart glowed. “And it won’t be long now that I have everything and everyone right where I want it to be.”

“Oh the wonders of magic and friendship

That makes us one and the same

Though you’re still clinging onto to hopelessness in the fading light

And I’m clinging onto to the future with fully embraced darkness.”

Midnight somewhat mockingly sang to further fuel Twilight’s anger towards her for the Sirens to absorb to increase their strength.

“Enough talk!” Twilight still refused to let her taunts get to her as she unleashes magic right back at her to which she effortlessly dodges as it hit one of the sirens in the face as she screamed in pain upon getting blasted.

As Twilight still focused her attention on Midnight she suddenly feels pain in her chest as her heart briefly glows but still presses forward trying to shake it off.

“Finding it difficult to think?” Sombra called out to her as Cadance and Shining Armor restrain him in a magic bubble. “Dark magic especially my dark magic has a tendency to do that.”

Flurry Heart immediately shuts him up by focusing her magic to tug on his horn causing him to yell in pain.

“You got this Twilight!” Shining Armor called out to her as he doubled down his efforts in restraining Sombra while his wife doubles down on her efforts by making her bubble sound proof to completely silence him.

“Don’t give in to her!” Cadance also called out to her. “Remember that you are the Princess of Friendship!”

“Come on, Twilight!” Midnight further attempted to goad her into giving into her. “You don’t have the power to destroy me. You know just as well as I do that friendship has failed you and that you don't deserve to be the Princess of Friendship. Friendship is nothing but a sucker’s game that does not deserve to exist in this world! In my world!”

“Don’t listen to her!” Rainbow called out to her as she flew around the Sirens at top speed while landing multiple punches to the dragons while barely avoiding their sonic shock-waves.

“You got this, Twilight!” Pinkie called out to her as rapidly sends multiple cupcakes in the Siren’s direction leaving them pelted with icing and no wiggle room to counter-attack.

"We believe in you!" Fluttershy gave her words of encouragement as she flies and watches over in restraining the Sirens alongside with her friends.

Twilight fuming in anger while ignoring and refusing to let Midnight’s insults get to her focuses her magic as she charges at the dark mare while firing two blasts of magic at her to which she blocked before finding herself punched in the face and then tackled by her.

Midnight as she finds herself forced back in flight quickly grabs ahold of her to flip her over and send a magic-enhanced kick to force her down into the ground hard.

Twilight was quick to get back up as she flipped over to dodge another magical attack aimed at her courtesy of her opponent who unleashes a few more as Twilight teleports herself away to avoid getting hit again before flying up and teleporting right in her face to deliver another punch to force her back as the former teleports away again before she can strike her with her magic.

Midnight determined to bring her down flashes a brief smirk seeing that Twilight’s infected heart is slowly eating away her energy as she took a moment to recover to shake off the dark magic trying to influence her mind again as she resists it before pressing forward with the fight as Midnight flies around the skies as they continue to fight in the skies.

As the fight was going on all the unicorns gathered could do was work their magic to protect themselves along with their other allies as Shining Armor works his magic in creating a magic dome to protect everyone from Midnight and the Sirens and keeping the other villains outside of the dome well expect for Sombra as he and Cadance keep him restrained and under their control as they both have a strong hatred for the unicorn after everything her put them through especially when he helped Midnight nearly kill Twilight.

Celestia and Luna both keep their villainous counterparts under their control with their magic as they both struggled until they were able to break free and teleport outside of the dome as they fly over to help Midnight only to be immediately stopped by the two sisters who immediately zap their magic at them before flying away to lure them away Twilight and Midnight’s fight with Daybreaker more than happy to do so no matter what it takes to burn her down.

During their fight Twilight and Midnight both still trade shots at each other as they both take turns on the offensive and defensive just narrowly hitting each other as Twilight still persists as she fights her and the dark magic trying to hamper her efforts in taking her down as Midnight patiently bids her time for the friendship princess to wear herself down just like their last big fight before she decides to take her down.


Meanwhile, the Mane Five and Sunset continue their efforts in subduing the Sirens as they all find their efforts are starting to be slowly in vain as the Sirens are breathing in the fumes of everypony’s anger towards Midnight as they use this to their advantage as they grow stronger from the growing resentment and hatred.

The six ponies all begin to feel worried of being able to stop them as they grip started to slip until Spike flew over a breathed the biggest blast of fire from his mouth to help allow his friends in regaining their hold on the three dragons.

“Why you little beast?!” Sonota growled in his direction.

“You burned our beautiful scales!” Aria angrily added as she looked at the scorch marks on her back.

“So what?” Spike immediately dismissed their cries of complains. “You can always regrow new scales. It takes one dragon to know one.”

“And you are going to pay!” Adagio vowed as she and her sisters unleash a combined fire attack at the young dragon to which is immediately blocked off by Sunset using her magic to block off the attack as Rainbow and Fluttershy quickly flew Spike out of harm’s way as Spike unleashes more of his fire breath just as Rarity leaps up and punches Adagio in the face.

“Don’t you dare try to hurt my Spikey-wikey!” Rarity angrily yelled at the dragon as she followed it with a split kick in her sister’s faces.

The three dragons growled in anger in response as they all get back up only for Fluttershy to immediately fly up in her friend’s defense as she unleashes “The Stare.” on them.

“How you dare try to hurt a poor innocent creature protecting everyone from the likes of you!” Fluttershy just as angrily chastised the Sirens as they all groan in pain as they struggle to shield their eyes from the most terrifying thing they have seen in their lives as Fluttershy works her glare on them into submission.

“Ugh! Too powerful!” Adagio screamed as she resisted looking in the Pegasus's eyes.

“AAAHHH! My eyes!” Aria screamed as she found herself completely intimidated by the stare.

“It burns!” Sonota also screamed unable to find herself resisting the looks that can and will kill upon first sight.

Both Sunset and Rainbow smile seeing they now have regained control of the situation as both Celestia and Luna duel off against Daybreaker and Nightmare while Starlight, Novo, Trixie, and Discord deal with Chrysalis and Tirek.

As Novo flies over to help Discord deal with Tirek, Trixie switches over to help Starlight deal with Chrysalis once more.

Starlight and Trixie work together using the former’s teleportation and the latter’s smoke screens to confuse the changeling as she tries to get her hooves on Starlight.

“Get back here, Starlight Glimmer!” Chrysalis angrily yelled at her direction.

“Okay.” Starlight amusingly replied as she levitated in right in front of her aim.

Chrysalis then prepared to unleash her magic on her only to be knocked aside by Trixie as Starlight teleports away with smoke bombs as she disappears in a puff of smoke. The changeling queen was now growling in frustration as she cannot land a hit on either unicorn with Trixie taking the time to taunt her while she was at it.

“Step right up and get a chance to aim at the Great and Powerful Trixie.”

Chrysalis immediately took a shot at her as Trixie teleports away.

“Too slow.”

Just when Chrysalis finally manages to knock the magician pony down she finds herself forced back by Cozy Glow's magic causing her to yelp upon nearly avoiding the attack.

"Traitor!" She yelled at her former ally.

"No, Chrysalis!" Cozy retorted. "It is Midnight Sparkle who betrayed me for the sake of power and you are nothing but an arrogant and vengeful wreck who only cares about herself. It's no wonder your former subjects were quick to turn their backs on you the second they learned of who you really are."

Chrysalis snarled in response to that retort as she increased the power and viciousness of her attacks to which Starlight immediately stepped forward and produced a shield to block her attack before increasing her power in their Beam-Of-War to force Chrysalis flying back as the unicorns and alicorn filly all gang up on the changeling with Tempest following up with a charge right in her gut to knock her down into the ground to give Starlight the edge.

At the same time Novo flies around as Tirek tries to break free from his bounds as he sends slaps of rock right at the Lord of Chaos only for the queen to use her wing to scatter them all away before they could strike her in the face.

“Whoa! Whoa!” Tirek screamed as he spun around from the hippogriff queen’s speed and power of her wings.

Tirek then regained his ground as he shot fiery beams from his horns to force Novo back to the sky while knocking aside Discord as he relentlessly barraged them with more flaming rocks before he then punched him fists hard into the ground to create an earth quake and a huge sink hole in the very center of the backyard of the castle grounds as he uses his magic to create a molten pit of lava down below forcing Discord to teleport himself wings as he quickly flew down and caught Novo before she could fall into the lava after being briefly knocked out cold from Tirek’s attack.

“Mom!” Skystar cried as she fell in the pit.

“Don’t worry.” Novo called out to assure her as she appeared unharmed thanks to Discord lifting her from the lava pit with angel like wings appearing like he is ascending to heaven. “Your mother’s still around.”

As Skystar cried tears of relief, Midnight is doubling down her efforts to force Twilight on the defensive as she finds herself barely dodging her attacks thanks to the dark magic really draining her energy.

As Twilight heavily pants as she faces her more energized counterpart she flies and teleports away to avoid narrowly dodging another attack from Midnight as she follows after her from close behind.

As Luna and Nightmare Moon continue to fight, Nightmare starts unleashing lightning at her in her attempts to take her down.

Luna tries her hardest to dodge the electrical attacks much like Twilight as she is forced on the defense only to find herself narrowly hit in the wing by Nightmare’s lightning as she finds herself looking up at her foe ready to fatally strike her.

“You have nowhere to go! It’s over!” Nightmare told the alicorn she is looking down upon.

“Not yet.” Luna simply replied as she shot lightning up in the sky.

“You’re kidding.” Nightmare said with a bewildered expression as she prepares to kill her only to finds herself surrounded by a deep puddle of water than had appeared from the sudden rain the brief thunderstorm produced. Just when she realized this, it was too late since at that moment Luna zapped lightning at the pool of water to electrocute Nightmare Moon. All she could do was scream in pain in her last moments before collapsing with the ground around her crumbling and then plopped down into the lava Tirek had created.

Luna could only sigh in relief as she took no pleasure of having to end her evil counterpart like that but had no other choice if that meant finally defeating her. It was her for herself. She then found herself barely avoiding being nearly scorched by Daybreaker’s fiery magic as she charges at her only for Celestia to immediately tackle her in order to stop her from attacking her sister.

Daybreaker completely enraged over the loss of Nightmare roars more intense fire at the two sisters as they leaped and flew apart to avoid the blast with Celestia following it up with a charge to tackle Daybreaker before kicking her off of her.

“Get out of my way!” Daybreaker furiously screeched at the white alicorn. “I was supposed to be the one to destroy her!”

“You will never lay a hoof on my sister no matter what you say and do!” Celestia firmly refused as she spread her wings and protectively stood in front of her sister.

“Very well…” Daybreaker said in a calm tone as Celestia watches on weary of what she is really trying to do. “As you wish…” She continued in the same tone as she eyes some hot embers in the ground. “…your MAJESTY!” she said in a very venomous and snarling tone before flinging ember into her eyes and then proceeded to tackle her while firing her magic right at her thus forcing her to the back of the ledge while creating a wall of fire around themselves.

Celestia immediately forces Daybreaker with a blast of magic to her chest followed with another blast to force her as the two trade blows with their horns before engaging in a sword fight with their horns. The sun monarch was able to land a blow right on Daybreaker’s face just as the fiery alicorn returned the favor before following it up with another attack to knock her flat on her back right before the ledge.

Daybreaker then leaps through the flames as she bares her horn and teeth ready to fatally kill her. Celestia equally ready to defend herself was able to kick her off of her just when she leaped onto her chest with a magical blast right at her chest to send her falling down into the pit at a high speed leaving the fiery alicorn no time to react and save herself as she drops dead into the lava. Luna joins Celestia by her side as she watches her evil counterpart’s demise.

“Now it’s over.” Luna said in relief as the two sisters are now finally in peace now that Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon are finally gone before turning their attention to Novo and Discord dealing with Tirek who is unleashing waves of lava right at the two as they find themselves struggling to deal with him as Discord finds his chaos magic being too slow to completely counter Tirek’s quick attacks as he is slowly gaining the upper hand in their fight.

Discord and Novo try to outmaneuver the large centaur as he roars and leaps up into the ground turns the ground in front of him into lava before sending another wave at the two as they are both forced to retreat with Discord managing to pull a large slab to block off the attack just as Tirek uses this opportunity to get himself into position right behind the two.

Just as Tirek prepares to finish the two off, he immediately finds himself knocked aside by Celestia and Luna who swoop in to help them much to their delight as Tempest quickly leaps off to unleash another blast at the centaur's face to knock him back further.

Celestia and Luna both charge at Tirek with their magic just as Tirek raises a large boulder in an attempt to block the attack only for the two sisters to easily shatter the rock as Novo quickly swoops in and punches Tirek in the face followed by Discord slamming him with a baseball as he wears a baseball uniform while doing so. Tirek tries to regain his ground only for the process to repeat over and over again as he finds himself beaten up from all of the magic, punches, and baseballs the five constantly landed on him.

"One, two, three strikes, you're out!" Discord triumphantly declared as the large centaur groaned in pain.

“Give up, Tirek! You can’t win!” Celestia called out to him as the five have him faced down and on his knees.

“I’m never going back to Tartarus.” Tirek growled in anger as he got back up. “If I’m going down today, YOU’RE COMING WITH ME!!!”

Tirek then slammed his fist into the ground as he worked his fiery magic around him to create a forming crater as the ground crumbles around them before yelling as he throws down another punch just as he grabs the five with his magic as they plummet down into the lava down below.

Just before they could all make contact, Celestia, Luna, Tempest, and Discord, work with all of their might before releasing a combined magical teleportation back to safely up back over the ground leaving only Tirek to suffer the same fate as Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker.

“Phew.” Discord said in relief as he and the other princesses canceled their spell once their on safe terrain. “That was a close one.”

“I’ll say.” Luna said in agreement while just as relieved that they were able to save themselves in time. “They all died the way they lived, full of fire and flame deep down their dark hearts.”

"And it is that very darkness that ultimately consumed and destroyed them in the end." Tempest bitterly remarked on their downfall acting it is a shame they were too far gone to turn the other cheek.

"What a way to go!" Grubber could only say as they all look down on the very little ashes that remain in the lava pit.

“Well…” Discord tried to counter before remembering that lighting is a fiery element. “Yeah that’s true since lightning counts as a fiery element of nature.”

“Thank you all for saving me.” Novo gratefully addressed the three as Celestia gives her a heartwarming smile in return as they watch as Starlight, Trixie, and Cozy Glow defeat Chrysalis as they imprison Chrysalis in a magic-proof box.

“Anything for an old friend.” Celestia thought nothing of it as they all draw their focus on Twilight and Midnight just as the latter is once again gaining the upper hand in their battle as Midnight is starting to land more blows on Twilight as she is unable to defend herself from her attacks.


At this point Twilight is really struggling to resist the dark magic trying to corrupt her deep down as Midnight begins to taunt her in order to accelerate the process for good.

“You have the heart of darkness! Just like me Twilight!” Midnight taunted at her good counterpart as the latter’s heart is glowing on and off as Twilight is struggling as she places a hoof on her heart and face off against the dark mare. “Come on! Accept your destiny! There is no other choice!” She told the alicorn as she repeatedly punches and blasts her with her magic.

“You used to wonder why you forgoed friendship all together

Until you learn to embrace the magic within yourself

It’s an easy feat

And the magic deep inside

Is more powerful and liberating than you think

So grow up and grow wise

And open up your eyes

And embrace the magic.”

Midnight further sang as she finished up her beat down of Twilight by unleashing a powerful blast of magic to force her down into the ground before sadistically laughing at her plight. The younger alicorn was left lying down onto the ground in stunned defeat struggling to pick herself up. Everyone watching this could only watch on in shocked despair upon seeing that the friendship princess is at the end of her rope. During her brief distraction, the Sirens were able to break free from Fluttershy's powerful stare.

As Twilight finally managed to pick herself up from the ground she then suddenly thought of some past words ring through her head.

“The conflict will be resolved successfully if you stay true to who you are. Don’t fight fire with fire.” Starlight and Celestia’s voices spoke in her mind at the same time.

“Only when she comes to terms and is reminded of who she truly is and stays true to who she is really is. Something she has to discover for herself.” Luna’s words spoke in her mind.

“Don’t sink down to her level. It will only result in you becoming the mare Midnight wants you to be, the mare you used to be.” Cadance’s voice then took her turn in speaking in Twilight’s mind.

“Be the mare that everyone knows and loves that defines herself as the one true ruler of Equestria.” Tempest’s voice took her turn in speaking inside Twilight.

“You... are not... Midnight Sparkle!” Sunset’s past words spoke through her mind.

“Don’t let darkness consume you!” Twilight’s own words echoed through her mind as said mare comes to a realization.

“Of course.” Twilight said to herself in realization before looking on at her evil counterpart with a newfound determination and resolve.

“Twilight?” Applejack called out to her in surprise as she sees her friend flying up to the sky to confront Midnight once more.

“What are you doing?” Rainbow also called out to her just as baffled as Applejack that she is flying up with nothing up her hooves in the face of the most dangerous foe in Equestria.

“What must be done.” Twilight simply replied as she focused her attention on the mare in flight in front of her as everyone else watched on with the same mind-boggling expressions. “I do have another choice, Midnight." She said just when the villainous mare adopts a fighting stance at the ready as Twilight flies up to her eye level. “Something that shows deep down of what makes us different despite our many similarities and what only a true leader is truly capable of and can do to another.”

“Really?” Midnight chuckled a little in amusement by her words. “And what would that be?”

Twilight stills look on as everyone including Sunset and the Mane Five restraining the Sirens, Shining Armor and Cadance restraining Sombra are unable to wonder what Twilight is doing as they all look what she has to do and say next as she steps forward.

“I forgive you.”

“You…” Midnight was left taken aback. “You WHAT?!” She cried in horror and utter astonishment that she would ever say that to her. Even all of her friends and allies expect for Luna were shocked and completely caught off-guard when she said that to her.

“You heard me.” Twilight simply replied to her face. “And by doing so I am doing something that I should have done a while ago as not doing so led to everything that has happened up to this point along with everything you have done. So now it is time for me to move on.”

Midnight with narrowed eyes after quickly regaining her composure immediately blasted Twilight right in the heart again and then tried to work her dark magic on Twilight by encircling her with it. Only for the latter to resist the attack at the last second before the dark magic can completely engulf as she unleashes bright and gold magic as she calmly closed her eyes and spread her arms out.

The dark mare found herself shielding her eyes from the glare along with everyone present including those at the Castle of the Two Sisters who immediately teleported back to the castle ground to see what is happening as Midnight is forced to let go of her grip on Twilight. As soon as Midnight shakes the glare out of her eyes she finds her own heart is glowing gold and bright yellow instead of its dark purple and black color.

Twilight then flies forward and punches Midnight in the face as works her new and recently discovered magic in Midnight's heart to purify herself of the dark magic from within her heart as it is expelled from her body. This left the heroic alicorn feeling better and more energized as she converted the magic in her control to turn gold as she immediately teleports away from Midnight before she could get another chance to retaliate by blasting said magic right at her chest after immediately teleporting in front of her to stun her again. Acting quick she sent same golden magic into the skies and clouds as the latter finds herself encircled by this bright magic accompanied with a matching color of raindrops falling from the sky as the golden showers pour and her and the lava pit.

Midnight grunted as she finds herself unable to resist and free herself from Twilight’s grasp despite her best efforts as much as Sombra and the Sirens who also find themselves encircled by the same golden magic with the former being pulled from Shining and Cadance’s grasp as he dragged up into the skies.

“NO! NOO!” Sombra along with the Sirens screamed as they find themselves destroyed by the gold magic before completely vanishing and fading away into oblivion leaving Midnight struggling and failing to resist the magic that is causing her to cease to exist despite her best efforts to slow the process down. It was there she realized she was truly defeated and doomed to cease to exist.

“What?” Chrysalis said equally surprised as she looks up as Starlight, Trixie, and Cozy all look on in surprise seeing the golden magic and showers do its work. “Midnight’s plan failed?”

While clearly furious by this sudden turn of events, she still remained composed and calmly spoken to the end. “Well played, even though the elements of harmony and friendship is still a curse, Twilight. Especially when you move on and outlive every pony you've ever meet!” She complimented yet berated while Twilight's face remained calm and stern. “You’ll see you’ll be better off without friends like them!” She further stated as her horn flared with sparks just like her and Tempest in the past. “Faith and destiny as ruler of Equestria is inevitable even by you!" She finished off her defiant last words just when she is completely enveloped by the golden magic before being vanquished in a flash of light. Her crown then transformed back into Celestia and Luna’s two crowns as they magically appear on her their heads with the alicorn amulet appearing in Twilight’s hooves as she smiled at her own success and proudly looks on at the falling rain and smoke forming from it.

“Stop! You can’t destroy her!” Chrysalis yelled out to Twilight completely devastated upon seeing her master and greatest creation destroyed before her very eyes as she uses her magic to break free from her restraints and charge at the young alicorn leaving Starlight and Trixie no time to be able to stop her.

“Oh no you don’t!” Celestia shouted as she immediately charged in her direction determined to protect Twilight from her.

Chrysalis fires a beam at Twilight who immediately dodges the attack upon seeing her but before Chrysalis could continue to charge at Twilight who was prepared to fight her again she was immediately tackled and slammed aside by Celestia. The blindside attack caused the both of them to lose control of their flight and end up both falling down to the lava pit as Celestia is knocked out while Chrysalis screams as she falls down.

"Celestia!" Twilight cried in vain upon watching her fall down.

“Sister!” Luna screamed as she flew after her with Cozy Glow following suit as the smoke created from the torrent of raindrops left them obscured from sight by everyone as they gathered around the pit as they heard a plop down below.

Down below Luna was able to barely grab her unconscious sister from falling but couldn’t maintain a good enough grip as she started to slipped through her hooves due to having to create magic around to avoid breathing in the poisonous fumes of the smoke.

“Come on, sister!” She strained and tried in vain to hold on to her as she slipped back into falling towards the lava. “NOOO!” She cried out as she helplessly watches her sister fall to her fiery doom.

Before Celestia could meet her end she finds herself just a foot over the hot lava as she finds herself being lifted up by Cozy Glow with her hooves and magic as she struggles to lift the sun monarch up and away. She slowly but surely rises back up towards the top of the crater while also working her magic to keep herself along with Celestia from breathing in the black smoke. She managed to do this by creating air bubbles to allow themselves to breath properly.

“I got you, Princess!” Cozy said to her as she flapped her wings hard and focused her magic really hard as she makes her up towards the top of the crater just as Luna cleared some of the smoke long enough for the young filly to make her back to the top. “Almost there.” She said as she let go of her magic so she can safely land back on the grass just as Luna flies over to catch her before she can hit the ground.

Once she was certain Celestia was awake and safe as she fell to the ground and onto her knees in exhaustion.

“Thank you.” Luna gratefully said to her as she helped the young one to her hooves while aiding her sister at the same time.

“Nicely done.” Celestia complimented her savior as Twilight flew down to join them.

“Way to go, Cozy Glow!” Applejack boldly complimented her heroic rescue before they all turned their attention to Twilight.

“Way to go, Twilight.” Fluttershy complimented her as she proudly smiled too just when they all heard a noise coming from down in the lava pit as the others walk up to the ledge just as the rain showers stopped.

The lava which showed Midnight’s symbol at the same time Twilight’s scar started to glow then turned into molten and harden rock as the mark down below along with the mark on Twilight’s eye fades away.

“Midnight is finally gone.” Twilight said with a relieved smile to the two sisters and nine friends gathered around her. “We’ve won.” She then said as the dark clouds up in the sky disappear to show the open and clear blue skies with the shining sun again as the smoke from the cooled lava completely cleared up.

“Twily!” Shining Armor shouted in her direction as he ran up to hug her after every unicorn canceled their protection dome now that everyone is safe with the battle now over.

“You’re okay!” Cadance added as she joined in on the hug along with Flurry Heart along with Night Light and Twilight Velvet.

The Sparkle family embraced each other in a hug as Flurry giggled in delight along with Twilight bringing Cozy into the family hug too to let her know that she considers her family too as her parents took notice of Twilight’s face.

“Twilight, dear! Your face!” Twilight Velvet said in surprise as she conjures up a mirror for her to look at herself in which showed that the mark has faded away completely.

“I know!” Twilight said just as surprised to see that the scar is gone. “It must have just been some magical mark. But more importantly…” She quickly excused herself said as she flew up in the air to address everyone. “Everyone...Midnight Sparkle has been defeated. The battle for Equestria and the war is over.”

Everyone cheered in celebration that they have succeeded in vanquishing the ultimate evil and her forces for good.

“And we have you to thank for that, Twilight.” Luna commended her. “For it seems the Princess of Friendship’s forgiveness extends to even Midnight herself. Like you just needed to forgive yourself just like you taught me.”

“I know.” Twilight acknowledged as she recalled that moment as it served as the birth of Midnight's own spirit. “It was like what I needed know was right inside of me the whole time and I just didn’t realize it until now.”

“It's just like you said the day we opened that school.” Applejack added as she lightly jabbed her friend in the arm only to slightly wince in pain from how strong and solid the latter’s muscles were.

“The more creatures who know about friendship, the safer we'll be.” Spike reassuringly added.

“We told you, you had it all figured out!” Pinkie also said as Twilight smiles in thanks to the compliments.

“I did, didn’t I?” Twilight agreed with her as she focuses on undoing some of the damage Midnight had done to the place as she flies up. “Because of Midnight, I almost lost my way! But every creature here has reminded me of the true power of friendship! There will always be darkness in the world, but there will also always be those who find the light!” She said as she turned her attention to Star Swirl and his companions. “The Pillars knew this! That's why they created the Elements of Harmony! The Elements showed me and my friends how strong our friendship could be! Together we worked to bring harmony to Equestria! But there will always be more to do! Which is why we teach others about the Magic of Friendship! Others who will continue our mission after we are gone!” She then said as she had the Mane Five, Spike, and the Young Six all fly up by her side with her magic as everyone looks on proudly at the Princess of Friendship. “Now I truly understand! The Elements were just symbols! The real magic has always been right here! And the more who understand how powerful friendship is, the stronger we will all be! Together!”

As soon as Twilight finished all three element bearer groups released a powerful burst of rainbow magic as they all enter through Twilight as she unleashes the most powerful surge of the Elements of Harmony as she unleashes a wave of magic that is spread throughout the land of Equestria as the power of the elements caused the ground at the Castle of the Two Sisters to shake as a new and bigger tree grew in it's place with a new tree-house on it’s roots in its place as Midnight’s machine is de-powered with the Pearl of Transformation appearing in Twilight’s hooves.

“I believe this is yours.” Twilight said to Novo as she handed her the pearl to which Novo gladly accepted as she hugged the alicorn as thanks for recovering her prized possession.

“Thank you, Princess Twilight.” Novo gratefully said with a heartwarming smile as Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Sunset, Cozy Glow, and Discord approach them.

“Congratulations.” Discord sincerely applauded her as Celestia approaches her student.

“When I sent you to Ponyville, I had high hopes. When you became Princess of Friendship, I knew I made the right choice.” Celestia praised her as the latter blushed at the compliment as her mentor places her wing over her. “But nothing could prepare me for how proud I am right now. Equestria is definitely in the right hooves. You are ready.” She then said as she backed up alongside next to her sister, the Lord of Chaos, the former follower of Midnight, and new alicorn as they all bow before her as everyone else follows suit as Twilight looks at what is to be her new crown.

“You know what? I am.” Twilight replied with complete confidence that she is now a fully redeemed mare who deserves this recognition.

“Thank goodness.” Applejack said pleased to hear it. “First question, your Highness. What do we do with all these creatures?” She questioned to everyone present of her first decree.

“We're gonna need a lot more chairs for the coronation!” Pinkie pointed out to everyone who had gathered to fight for the final battle here today.

“Actually, as ruler of Equestria, I'd like to postpone the coronation for a while. At least until the castle's rebuilt. Besides, there's something we need to do first.” Twilight spoke as she looked upon the Mane Five, Spike, Starlight, Sunset, and Cozy Glow’s direction.


What Twilight had in mind for all of them was a trip to Pony Joe’s doughnut shop where all ten friends area all gathered at the table enjoying doughnuts together.

“Post-apocalyptic donuts. Interesting choice.” Rarity voiced her approval of Twilight’s post-battle victory choice.

“I know. But there's gonna be plenty of time for all the challenges and struggles and adventures to come. For now, I just want to spend a quiet moment with the six best friends I've ever had. “Twilight told everyone as she bit into her doughnut.

“Well, mostly quiet.” Applejack noted of Pinkie’s messy eating habits as she shovels down two dozen donuts piled high on one tower to which everyone giggled in amusement.

“It's like the end of an era.” Fluttershy noted of how things will change going forward.

“Or the beginning of an even more awesome era!” Rainbow voiced her excitement as she chows down on her doughnut.

“Especially now that Midnight and all of the other powerful foes of Equestria are no longer around to terrorize us anymore.” Starlight brought up as she happily munched on her doughnut. “Thanks to you, we now have peace in Equestria that will last for generations to come.”

“That’s true. Although I think it’s safe to say we are both looking two new rulers by my side.” Twilight said as she turned her attention to Sunset and Cozy who both look in surprise as they gulp down their last bites of doughnut.

“Us?” The two said in surprised unison. “You mean it?”

“Definitely for Sunset.” She said as Sunset is left speechless that she is going to become a princess alongside Twilight upon the former’s coronation. “And I think the same can be said for you, Cozy Glow.” Twilight replied as the latter is looking astonished by this new development.

“You really think so?” Cozy again asked as she shook her head with closed eyes to make sure she isn’t dreaming it.

”Yes. As shown when you became an alicorn and from what I have heard and saw during the battle for Equestria you have very special gift. I don't think I've ever come across a alicorn with your raw abilities.

“Huh?” Cozy asked in confusion

“But you need to learn to tame these abilities through focused study along with the magic of friendship.” Twilight further explained as Cozy is still registering what she is hearing.

“Does this mean…”

“Cozy Glow, I'd like to make you my own personal protégé here at the school of magic and the school of friendship once the place is reopened.” Twilight offered as the filly’s jaw dropped. “Well?”

“Wow! This is so amazing! Do you think I’m up for it? Of course you do. I mean I helped lead the charge in saving Equestria but I mean yes! Of course! Thank you, mother!” Cozy happily accepted in excitement as she tightly hugged the lavender mare.

“You’re welcome.” Twilight kindly returned as the other awed at this cute moment “And I can’t think of any other pony who’d be better for the job.” She added as she spots Flash watching from outside. “If you’ll all excuse me for a moment.” She politely said to everyone as she went outside where she meets us with her colt friend as everyone else secretly watches as they peek they heads through a slightly creaked open window. “Yes.” She addressed her colt friend with a matching smile.

“I just wanted to come by to be able join you and friends for doughnuts too.” Flash began as Twilight bats a playful eye in his direction.

“Sure you are.” Twilight playfully nudged his shoulder seeing through trying to drift away from the real reason he's here.

“Okay, smart girl you got me.” Flash relented as he spoke from his heart. “I have also come to personally congratulate you on your victory over Midnight Sparkle with a little gift I made just for you.”

“What kind of gift?” Twilight asked with an expression of interest.

“A little gift I made when we were away from Equestria and making our way to Mount Aris…” Flash said as he pulled out a small box as he got down on one knee. “…A nice little ring to attach to your hoof.” He said as he presented said golden ring with a purple gem with a pink diamond on top of it leaving the alicorn jaw-dropped stunned at where he is going with this.

“Princess Twilight Sparkle, will you be my special some pony for years to come.” He proposed to her whose expression turns to delight as she speaks her mind.

“I would be honored.” Twilight accepted with a wide smile.

“Yes.” Flash said very pleased that his proposal worked wonders as he places the ring on her hoof as they share a romantic kiss as all her friends watch minus Cozy Glow who has her eyes shielded by Starlight and Fluttershy very pleased to see this romantic gesture.

“Come on, what’s going on.” Cozy asked as she struggled and failed to shake the hooves off of her hooves.

“A little something you’ll understand when you’re older.” Starlight replied as she refused to let up her grip.

“Because there are some things not yet ready for you at your age.” Fluttershy gently added much to the filly’s dismay.

“That’s our girl!” Spike said as he watched on.

“I am just so proud of them!” Rarity cried happy tears as she wiped away the tears from her eyes with tissues while Pinkie bawled her eyes out with streams of tears.

“I’ve never been so happy for them.” Pinkie cried much to Rarity and Rainbow’s annoyance as the former opens an umbrella to protect herself while Rainbow shields herself with her wings.

“Congratulations, Twilight!” Applejack said as she watched too.


In the following weeks, repairs were done following the aftermath of Midnight Sparkle’s defeat as they first restore order to all of Equestria. They released all of the prisoners Midnight had locked away for attempted rebellion against her along with repairing the castle in Canterlot before making repairs to the School of Friendship that was previously shut down due to the fire there. Along with helping rebuild Mount Aris as the mountain is slowly returning to its former glory.

Grogar’s bell was locked away in the vault along with the alicorn amulet as Queen Novo’s pearl was safely returned to where it truly belongs back in Seaequestria as Midnight’s lab is locked up and shut down for good so that no pony will ever tamper with everything involving Twilight’s dark past ever again.

During the time in-between the end of the war and the coronation the Summer Sunset Celebration went on as Twilight planned accordingly and smoothly to the event with her friend's help and as a big and pleasant surprise to the two sisters Twilight renamed the festival meant to commemorate Celestia's victory over Luna and later her reunion with Luna to The Festival of the Two Sisters to celebrate all of the good they have done during their time ruling Equestria and how much they mean to everyone in Equestria.

Thanks to financial backing from Chancellor Neighsay as a token of apology for his past behavior, the School of Friendship was back up and running to which Twilight greatly appreciated with plans to reopen shortly after Twilight’s coronation as she plans on having Starlight’s official graduation and promotion to head-mare of the School of Friendship on the same day as the school’s reopening.

A day in life that Twilight is looking forward to as she not only is ascending to the throne and gaining a husband, she is also gaining a new student, another princess to rule by her side, and will be leading a new era of peace and harmony. Coming into the day of her coronation and wedding she looks at herself in the mirror and can see everything much brighter now. With Midnight finally defeated for good she no longer bears the marks she left behind on her as she is ready to move on now that she has truly redeemed herself for her past actions as the once villainous mare that nearly took over Equestria.

For Sunset, she had managed to use the time she had up until the coronation to be able to graduate from Canterlot High and be able to say her proper goodbye's to them upon graduation day. There were definitely tears from that memorable day, but they all parted on good terms knowing that she'll still come in visit once every month much like Twilight does with her friends in Equestria going forward.

As Twilight wearing a light blue coronation gown along with her mane being tied back courtesy of Rarity preparing the outfits and styling as she exits into the hallway before heading on over to the room where everything will take place, where it all started as she sees Sunset wearing a yellow gown for her coronation with her mane tied back as well because of Rarity helping her prepare too.

“You look beautiful, Twilight.” Sunset complimented her friend.

“So do you.” Twilight kindly returned with a humbled blush.

“I can’t believe from the beginning we met as enemies fighting over your crown and now we are both here earning our own crowns.” Sunset remarked of how much has changed since they first met while glancing at her new wings. “Before moving away I was pursing power through ambitious means to get here but now I’m here after truly proving that I earned this.”

“I know what you mean.” Twilight returned very understanding. “Back when I became Midnight this is where it all started and during that time I was pursing to gain control of Equestria through ambition and wrath and now I’m gaining control of Equestria through the magic of friendship. It’s so ironic that we are now getting what we originally wanted by changing for the better.”

“And it’s going to change for the better when we do it together.” Sunset said to her as they both share a warm hug as Spike enters the hallway to meet up with.

“Twilight. Celestia wanted me to inform you that the ceremony is ready when you are.” Spike informed her.

“Tell her we’re ready.” Twilight replied as Spike turned back to do so before being stopped by her voice. “And one more thing?”

“Doing okay because it’s understandable since it's not every day the princesses that have ruled Equestria for hundreds of moons retire and pass all their responsibilities on to your and your friends.” Spike made sure she is okay with all of this.

“Actually, I'm feeling pretty good.” Twilight positively returned. “We've all faced so much and come out okay. I know we're up to the challenge of keeping Equestria safe and happy. There's nothing we can't handle together. Which reminds me...” She added as she presented him a new badge from her gown.

“Royal advisor? What's that?” Spike questioned as he remembered the day she offered this to him back when she was Midnight.

“A new position I created for you.” Twilight answered. “You've been at my side for every step of this journey. Knowing I had you to count on gave me the strength I needed to grow and succeed. I wouldn't be here without you.”

“Thanks, Twilight.” Spike happily accepted as they shared a hug. “You know I'll always be your right-hoof dragon.”

“Great to hear!” Twilight responded as Spike put on his new badge before heading off to tell Celestia that the soon to be crowned rulers of Equestria are ready.


In the newly rebuilt throne room of Canterlot Castle, a large crowd all wearing fancy clothes including the bearers of the Elements and the royal family gathered in front of the throne that Twilight would rule Equestria from with recreated stained glass windows depicting her recent accomplishments during the most recent war against Midnight Sparkle including her ultimate victory over Midnight which depicts her vanquishing her with golden magic like she just did to defeat her.

Princess Celestia stood up on the alter ready to give her speech for the soon to be crowned mare while Princess Luna and Princess Cadance stood beside with the latter ready to marry the couple. Shining Armor stood up on the alter alongside Flash with the former wearing a red uniform as he has accepted to be the best stallion at the wedding as Shining has finally accepted Twilight’s relationship with the Pegasus pony who is wearing an orange jacket with yellow bolts on them. All seven girls were all standing on the steps as bridesmaids with Spike as the ring bearer just like the previous wedding along with future head-mare Starlight standing beside Shining Armor as the best mare of the wedding.

“We are gathered here today in celebration of a momentous occasion. As of today this war is finally over.” Celestia happily announced as she looked on to everypony. “We fought valiantly in the face of danger as we lead the charge back in Equestria right into the heart of Canterlot after being forced out by the villainous mare Midnight Sparkle herself. And together we have succeeded in vanquishing the ultimate evil and her forces once and for all. But none if this would have been possible without the very pony, the real hero who truly defeated Midnight herself, even during our darkest hour when it looked like darkness had triumphed. Something so extraordinary that paved way for the light in the dark to emerge and come out as a new pony we all knew and loved thus proving without a doubt that she has truly and fully redeemed herself for everything she has done and is ready to take me and my sister’s place as the next ruler of Equestria.” She announced as Twilight spreads her wings out ready to step forward for her true crowning moment as everyone is ready to see Twilight come through the double doors as Night Light and Twilight Velvet her parents both happily await very proud of what she has just done. “Fillies and gentlecolts, may I present for the new ruler of Equestria, Princess Twilight Sparkle!” The doors opened and she began her walk as the ponies holding up banners with her cutie mark on it behind her began to sing the same words since her coronation.

“The Princess Twilight cometh

Behold, behold

A Princess here before us

Behold, behold, behold”

Stepping up to the throne and turning around to face the audience, Twilight stood at attention as Celestia and Luna removed their respective crowns, and using their magic combined them into one single crown that was picked up by two of Fluttershy's swans and gently placed on Twilight's head.

And with that it was official, Princess Twilight Sparkle was now the new ruler Equestria. She then turned and faced her soon to be husband as Princess Cadance begins to speak.

“Mares and gentlecolts,” Princess Cadance announced. “We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of one of my top crystal guards Flash Sentry along with my sister-in-law Princess Twilight Sparkle. The strength of their commitment is clear even in the face of eternal darkness which proves that the love in the light always triumphs. The power of their love, undeniable.” She echoed some of Celestia’s words from their previous wedding as she turns to Spike. “May we have the rings please?” Spike presented the wedding rings which were placed on the bride and groom’s horns. “I now pronounce you mare and colt! Prince and Princess.” With that, the two were officially wed and the entire crowd, including the guests in the castle yard, erupted in happy cheering as the married couple stood on the tower balcony and waved to the crowd below before Twilight turns back to the crowd as she prepares to speak to every pony.

“Thank you everypony. And I have to say all of this is really well-deserved and earned especially with what has happened recently.” She started as she looked at the Mane 5 watching her from the balcony. “When I first was reformed I was worried I was going to become the villainous mare I once was and in my initial efforts to do so I ended up resurrecting the pony that would go on enact an war against all of Equestria and the whole world.” She then spoke as she thought back to the moment Midnight was born in the Crystal Empire before her attack at the changeling kingdom after Chrysalis’s second defeat along with all of Midnight’s personal accomplishments during her time and existence.

“And as a result of her actions the whole world suffered because of my mistake as it nearly succumbed to what would have been her eternal reign of darkness. And she nearly corrupted me as she reminded me of the reasons why I became Midnight in the first place in her efforts to try to make me her successor to what would have been a reign of disaster for years to come. Thanks to some friends I made due to common ground…” She said as she turned to Tempest and Starlight standing in front of the stairs along with Sunset waiting outside as she peaks her head inside to watch unnoticed.

“...Helping remind me of who I am. And thanks to them I was able to remember why I became the Princess of Friendship and was able to stay true to myself by finding the light in the dark when I choose to forgive Midnight for everything she has done because by doing so I was also forgiving myself which allowed me to finally vanquish her good. As of now she will no longer haunt everyone for generations to come and she will never return as long as the magic of friendship remains strong throughout all of Equestria.” She said as she turned her attention back at Sunset as she pulls her head back ready to be properly introduced and crowned as one of the new rulers of Equestria.

“Though having said that I can’t take all of the credit because if it weren’t for said friend pulling me aside on a side trip to help me rediscover myself when I was verge of falling back into my old ways, for this pony has managed to truly earn her right to become a princess who will serve as the pony to help rule Equestria by my side who has helped me as much as I helped her. So without further ado mares and gentlecolts, please welcome for the very first time, Princess Sunset Shimmer.”

The double doors open as Sunset Shimmer with spread out wings walks down the hall with a couple of ponies holding banners depicting her cutie mark walking behind her.

"The Princess Sunset cometh

Behold, behold

A Princess here before us

Behold, behold, behold”

Sunset walked on as she humbly accepts the smiles and silent praise she is getting especially from her former mentor as she approaches the top of the stairs where Spike holds up another pillar holding her crown which is the same as Twilight’s but with her cutie mark on top of it as Twilight places the crown delicately on top of her head before she and Cadance walk on over to the balcony with their friends following suit from behind where every pony applauds for Sunset as she waves to every pony somewhat nervously.

“Go on.” Twilight nudged her friend to say something to them. “You’ve earned it.” Sunset smiled as she stepped forward to say a few words.

“Long ago before it all began, I was once Princess Celestia’s star pupil much like Twilight…” Sunset began as she turned to both ponies behind her. “…up until I started to undervalue friendship to the point I got impatient with my progress insisting that I was ready for this moment only to cut ties with Princess Celestia when she refused and insisted I wasn’t ready.” She said as she recalled that faithful moment in her life.

“I’ve been living in another world ever since then where I would rule a high school through fear and intimidation.” Sunset sadly recalled as she reminisced her past self. “It wasn’t until I met Twilight Sparkle that I was finally able to see how wrong I was as we both clashed for her crown.” She reminisced transforming into a flaming demon before being defeated by Twilight. “After being offered her hand in friendship, I have strived to improve myself for the better before finally working my way into everyone’s good graces when we defeated the Dazzlings together along with me defeating the Midnight Sparkle in the other world at the same time she first invaded Canterlot.” She said as she recalled said actions in the past.

“Thanks to her example I was able to truly learn what it takes to be a true princess when I returned the favor to both the Twilight here and back in the other world to help them completely overcome their dark past which paved way for Midnight’s defeat. I honestly can say neither of us would be here if we hadn’t helped each other out and I look forward to working with Twilight in helping her rebuild and improve Equestria for eternal peace and prosperity just like she had always dreamed. And I am truly grateful for everything friendship has taught me. Thank you. Thank you all.”

Sunset concluded her speech as every pony cheers for her as she and Twilight turn back inside and head on over downstairs where all of the guests and attendees all sit down at their tables to enjoy dinner and drinks all prepared by Applejack and Pinkie Pie as the Wonderbolts perform the aerial performance lead by Rainbow Dash as they perform a series of difficult and impressive aerial flight patterns in the sky to create the cutie mark shapes of the new two co-rulers cutie marks as Trixie’s fireworks sparkle the sky.

While many ponies from all over Equestria sat at different tables, Twilight sat at the main table with her closet friends all gathered together in one table with the Mane Five, Spike, Starlight, and Cozy Glow gathered at one table as Shining Armor, Cadance, Flurry, and Tempest all sat at the table next to Twilight’s right, with Celestia and Luna sitting at the table next to Twilight’s left.

“That was something.” Twilight said to everypony around her as they all nod in agreement.

“It sure was, Twily.” Shining said in agreement in her direction as Starlight sat up from her chair.

“I couldn’t agree more.” Starlight voiced as she approached her with a present in tow. “And having said that I would like to present you and Sunset with your coronation gifts.” She presented the gift wrapped present with her magic to which both rulers took control of as they unwrapped them to reveal a scrapbook.

“We wanted to give this to you before you left Ponyville, but then we decided it was better that we waited until after the coronation and wedding.” Spike said as both princesses looked through the books which shows recorded past memories of her and her friends from her Twilight’s first day in Ponyville and Sunset’s first meeting with Twilight to their first day as rulers of Equestria.

“Since you're now rulers of Equestria, we thought if you missed any of us or Ponyville, this might help.” Starlight further explained as flipped through the pages, one at a time.

“Awww.” Twilight said feeling very touched.

“Wow.” Sunset voiced her amazement at this heartfelt gift. “We really don’t know what to say.”

“It's a book of memories.” Pinkie shared.

“And we all chipped in some.” Applejack added.

“No matter how much things change, you'll always have this to look back on.” Fluttershy added as she, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash approach her.

“I love it. Thank you so much.” Twilight happily appreciated the gift as she presented Starlight with her with a gift-wrapped mirror with pictures of her happy memories with her and their friends. “Here. Consider this your early graduation present.”

“Thank you.” Starlight returned as she accepted the gift as the two mares share a warm embrace with happy tears trickling down from both of their faces.

“But now that we'll be living in different places, I'm not exactly sure how we are going to see each other again.” Rarity wondered as she speaks her mind. “I mean now that I think about with our lives going in different direction now that you and Sunset are officially the new rulers of Equestria we’re hardly going to see you both again.“

“Could it be possible that Midnight was right when she said that friendship is a curse when we move on from each other?” Fluttershy asked while hating to admit the villainous mare had a point during her final words.

“What?” Applejack, Rainbow, and Pinkie all exclaimed in surprise hearing that.

“In a way.” Twilight honestly agreed.

“What?!” The three girls said together again further surprised that she would say that again.

“But it goes both ways. Along with power it can be both a blessing and a curse.” She explained much to her friends’ initial confusion. “But what defines it is how it turns out in the end which comes down to how Midnight and I see friendship. Obviously life up to the coronation wasn’t perfect. It's our relationships that really count, and we have to maintain them. So having said…” She said as she turned to Sunset before turning back to the others. “My first royal decree is to make living arrangements so that while we still rule in Canterlot we can still live in Ponyville at the Castle of Friendship after fulfilling our new ruler duties when not needed to rule there along with the establishment of this Council of Friendship to at least meet up with each other once a moon!”

“Really?” They all said together in smiling surprise.

“Why not?” Twilight confirmed. “Just because we still have our ruler obligations doesn’t mean we can’t spend whatever time we have outside of it here. Plus with Midnight gone the Castle of Friendship is safe once again. Equestria is now in a time of peace.”

“And what a wonderful decree it is!” Celestia complimented as she, Luna, Shining Armor, Cadance, Flurry Heart, and Tempest all approach them having heard their conversation.

“We always knew that whatever adversity you faced, you and your friends would find your way through it together.” Luna further commended the lavender mare.

“And that love and friendship combined always finds a way to prevail in the end.” Cadance heartwarmingly added as Flurry giggled in delight.

“Like you always said.” Cozy vouched on the Princess of Love’s statement with a nod.

“Thanks, but I can’t take all the credit.” Twilight replied. “After all the power of friendship shown through our struggles is the key that helped me figure out the way to truly defeat Midnight and to finally overcome my struggles and complete my road to redemption.”

“And it sure wasn’t easy.” Shining remarked. “And what matters is that you have truly redeemed yourself, Twily.”

“I can sure vouch for that.” Tempest stoically agreed. “I honestly wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you. And on behalf of everyone here we can definitely say of how friendship is magic.“

“Friendship is magic, indeed.” Cozy also repeated to show how much she has learned since the final battle for Equestria. “I honestly can say the same as well, otherwise I’d either be burned to ashes or worse turned into a statue along with my former allies especially that former changeling queen and centaur.” She commented in disgust as they were more than willing to support Midnight’s plan to dispose of her without second thought before changing back into her more positive attitude.

“I know.” Twilight acknowledged feeling pleased hearing Tempest and Cozy say that as the former sports a warm smile. “And trust me when I tell you of how forgiving myself was the hardest thing to do after everything that has happened. Now that I was able to move on, I can now look forward to the future going forward.”

“We know Equestria is in the perfect hooves with you and your friends looking out for it.” Celestia continued giving her faith in her successor’s leadership. “And while we'll always be here if you need us, it's time for us to be on our way.”

“We hope you'll come and visit us in Silver Shoals.” Luna also added looking forward to still be able to see her going forward with the new power change.

“But now it's time for you two to rule on your own. You're all more than capable.” Celestia further commended as Twilight is brought to tears of joy hearing this warm praise now that she feels completely whole again. “And I look forward to what you will accomplish.” She said as she turned to Sunset. “What you both will be able to accomplish together.”

“We won’t let you down.” Sunset vowed feeling very humbled by this.

“Thank you. Thank you all for everything. Mmmm!” Twilight gratefully thanked the princesses as she leaped up into her mentor’s arms as everyone joins together for a group hug as they all say their goodbyes to the alicorn sisters before they begin their retirement.


Many moons later...

“When I started out, I was unsure

I thought I knew all that I needed, didn't know what to expect

But when my walls came down, I saw the truth

All along something was missing

And I think you'll see it, too.”

Twilight sang as she and Sunset carried out their princess duties and spent time with their friends during their off-the-clock time from wearing their respective crowns. As they both did so just like the magic of friendship time also flies. By that time they both grew taller with both mares now just as tall and big as Celestia as they sport longer and more magically flowing manes just like Celestia and Luna with latter’s a little more shorter than Twilight’s much like Luna’s mane and tail, with Spike a taller, slender, and more muscular dragon serving his duties as a royal advisor and friendship ambassador.

“This is where the magic happens

This is where the magic lives.”

Sunset sang as the three met with Twilight's husband and the Crystal family as they arrived for a visit in time for Cozy to meet up with her other protégé she has taken under her wing shortly after taking in Cozy.

Both the fillies were now fully grown alicorns who both are Twilight and Cadance’s height and size with Flurry sharing the same hairstyle as her mother with Cozy still keeping the same hairstyle after all of these years as they hug each other like family with Flash having grown to their size too arrives with their five children, an female alicorn, a male and female unicorns , and a male and female peagsus ponies as Luster Dawn comes inside after being escorted by Gallus the now new captain of the royal guard in Canterlot with Tempest joining by her side as they both walk inside as Flurry and Cozy admire their respective glass-stained portraits in the throne room.

“Our friendships weave together stronger

The bonds grow deeper, lasting longer

And the greatest spell you'll know

Is how the Magic of Friendship grows.”

Both Twilight and Sunset sang as the former greeted her student and adopted daughter as the rest of the Mane Six just as aged as Tempest and Shining Armor with small bags under their eyes arrived as the lavender ruler teleports everyone to Ponyville where they overlook the town of ponies that have all aged during the time since the coronation where Luster Dawn waves to some of the ponies passing by.

“And no matter how much time goes by

The party will still be here with some fun new games to try.”

Pinkie who has party decorations over her mane and tail along with her mane bundled and standing tall on her head sang as she greeted her husband Cheese Sandwich along with their three children that had together.

“Big adventure's waiting obviously

Long as we're still here together

We'll be flying happily.”

Rainbow wearing an orange scarf along with a dark blue jacket to show that she has become the new captain of the Wonderbolts sang as she flew alongside her fellow fliers before happily flying up into the sky in front of the sun.

“This is where the magic happens (where the magic happens)

This is where the magic lives (where the magic lives)

Our friendships weave together stronger

The bonds grow deeper, lasting longer

And the greatest spell there is

What the Magic of Friendship gives.”

Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash all sang together as Twilight leads everyone to the School of Friendship where they meet up with Starlight and Sunburst who are both principal and vice principal respectively with the former wearing a red violet headmare outfit with the latter’s beard having grown more who together all show them the school as Trixie wearing a shirt and tie with her magician cape leads a young and excited griffon to the class the grown up Cutie Mark Crusaders are teaching before they all walked out to refurbished and restored school yard as Ocellus kindly waves to the crowd before handing hot cocoa to Smolder as she looked through her telescope.

“And it's somethin' true to pass on down

To generations yet to come.”

Applejack wearing a yellow ascot with red apples on it sang as she led Luster Dawn to the apple farm where she greets her young nephew as both Big Mac who had taken over Sweet Apple Acres following Granny Smith’s passing along with Sugar Belle had a son together who popped out of the nearby apple cart.

“And we'll never stop believing in

The generosity of the friendships we've won.”

Rarity wearing a sapphire sparkling fur coat sang as she led Luster Dawn to her shop as they greet Sandbar and Yona with the latter having grown up to the point she towers over her boss as the two have taken up jobs in Rarity’s business before sharing a hug together.

“And because the love that I feel

For every single living creature is something that is real

Friendship happens so naturally.”

Fluttershy who had her mane tied back together as she and Luster admire the critters at the former’s sanctuary and home for the creatures in Ponyville accompanied with Discord’s teleportation as he briefly swung by to say hello to her best friend.

“Oh, and how I used to wonder

What friendship could be!”

Twilight sang as she flew up and unleashed rainbow magic from her horn which beamed all across Equestria along with the entire world for everyone passing by to see.

“This is where the magic happens (where the magic happens)

This is where the magic lives (where the magic lives)

Our friendships weave together stronger

The bonds grow deeper, lasting longer

And the greatest spell you'll know (you'll know)

Is how the Magic of Friendship grows.”

The Mane Six sang all together as they made their to the borders of Ponyville just as the sun was setting from behind them and on the horizon over Ponyville.

“How the Magic of Friendship grows.”

Twilight concluded singing as she nuzzled her unicorn student cheek to cheek.

“Now go out there and make some new friends and spread the magic as friendship is magic.” Twilight encouraged her student to meet up with her new friends from all over their respective kingdoms before walking off together as Luster shares a goodbye wave with Twilight along with her friends and family as they all watch on proudly of how friendship is magic once again now that the light has fully emerged from the vanquished darkness for good just as the sun fully sets from behind them as Equestria is now in a time of eternal peace and harmony with the light completely emerging from the dark that nearly took over.

End of Act Three

The End

Author's Note:

In the final battle as Midnight's plan comes to fruition the former is slowly gaining the upper hoof as Sunset and the Mane Five try their best to keep the Sirens at bay while the royal sisters go up against their evil counterparts along with Chrysalis and Tirek to which Starlight and Trixie work together for the former while Queen Novo and DIscord take Tirek.

Through quick thinking Celestia and Luna were able to defeat their counterparts for good before helping Novo and Discord take down Tirek just when he was over-powering them before the latter decides to take a dip in lava rather than be de-powered and return to Tartarus while Starlight and Trixie's teamwork was able to defeat Chrysalis.

Sunset and the Mane Five also get their chance to shine through their best efforts in dealing with the Sirens as much as they prove how dangerous they were in Rainbow Rocks.

Next up is the moment of truth with Midnight on the verge of Near Villain Victory as she has Twilight on the ropes with the Sirens being able to put up a fight against her friends yet Twilight manages to figure out the true way to defeat Midnight by doing the only thing Midnight could not have accounted for...

...Twilight stepping up to forgive her which allows her to purify herself of the dark magic in her heart before using it to destroy Midnight, Sombra, and the Sirens for good allowing Twilight to finally complete her Road to Redemption.

By forgiving Midnight, she is also forgiving herself for her past actions as Midnight Sparkle with said final battle and resolution foreshadowed from Twilight's dream in "Do Princess Dream of Magic Sheep?"

Leading to a Big Damn Heroes moment from Cozy Glow who saves Celestia from sharing the other villains end from a fiery death when it seemed Luna was unable to maintain a grip on her.

Having said that after much consideration I decided to have Cozy go with this route feeling she deserves redemption as opposed to her canon fate which many people find was too harsh in contrast to Chrysalis and Tirek.

With the moment everyone has also been waiting for... Twilight and Sunset's coronation along with the former's wedding as Flash finally proposes to her with the souvenirs he got during their exile from Equestria as the two succeed Celestia and Luna.

Other changes I made other than Cozy's Heel-Face Turn to become Twilight's adopted daughter and student alongside Luster Dawn and making this finale a four parter. Was having Sunset become an Alicorn Princess which as I explained before because I felt she earned it much like Twilight with her camping trip plan helping turn Twilight away from becoming the Princess of Darkness just like Midnight wanted her to be. Along with trying my best to give many characters some dialogue as well as their chances to shine as much as the main cast.

The irony of all of this is that Twilight and Sunset both turned to villainy and both used to be Celestia students and now they are both getting what they originally desired when they changed for the better. Same goes to Cozy Glow who finds herself more happy under Twilight's wing thanks to the magic of friendship no matter how much Midnight tries to reward her.

Midnight herself still proved herself to be dangerous and competent as ever staying two steps ahead with her Xanotos Gambit through this story which either result would have either everyone burning to death at Mount Aris or unleashing the Sirens and corrupting Twilight into forcing the destiny Midnight had in mind for her. Only Twilight choosing to forgive was the only reason why Midnight's plan failed leaving her no back up plan twhen Twilight vanquishes her.

Having said that, Midnight in this story might be another potential Magnificent Bastard candidate as even when she does have a Villainous Breakdown she maintains enough composure to warn her in her last words of what she truly thinks of friendship and that it will happen when they all get older which comes across as Villain Has A Point while remaining Defiant to the End. And with what happens in canon she proves to be correct only for Twilight to arrange for her and Sunset to spend their off-the-clock time in Ponyville just like between "To Where and Back Again." to "School Raze." so they can make their most of their time with their friends.

So having said that again another MB candidate for TV Tropes and maybe if her actions were vile enough maybe a Complete Monster too assuming her deeds were heinous to reach the bar.

And last but not least is how this was certainly a story that really took quite some time getting here but finally made to the end.

Honestly when first writing this story I thought about how to approach Season 5 while wondering how to make it go all the way to the series finale and that's where I got the idea to include Midnight into the mix while making this story a 3-act story which certainly gained many readers as who better than her own evil counterpart to face off against to decide the fate of Equestria.

In addition for Midnight's endgame for the finale was an idea to include the Sirens return and help play a major role in this version of "The Ending of the End." which I initially didn't plan on until after some thought when asked about them decided that would actually work wonders into the story so I thank comment inspiration for the idea as well as everyone's support through this long journey of Twilight's redemption to becoming the mare she truly is destined to be.

A huge Grand Finale and send off, as Sunset becomes an alicorn princess and Celestia and Luna's successor, Cozy performs a Heel-Face Turn and becomes Twilight's adopted daughter and student alongside Luster Dawn, Midnight Sparkle is finally defeated along with King Sombra and the Sirens, the rest of her Legion of Doom is Killed Off for Real thus ending the battle of Equestria and the war Midnight started, both Twilight and Sunset become rulers of Equestria as eternal peace thrives through many years to come.

UPDATE 10/31/2022:

Aside from the small details of what Sunset went through during the time-skip in order to give some proper closure to her time in the Canterlot High world, I also decided after much consideration to downplay Midnight's Villainous Breakdown so that she definitely faces defeat with grace and composure yet still defiant to the end. A fitting end for the Magnificent Bastard as I intended.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 11 )
Comment posted by MXCDarkHorse2020 deleted Sep 13th, 2020

Your battle was dark. I mean you killed off all the villians which are my favorite characters but at the end, a great story.

Wow! What an ending! It truly was amazing! Fantastic Job! I’m so happy they live happily! Especially my ships Flashlight and Cheesepie! :twilightsmile:

Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash all sang together as Twilight leads everyone to the School of Friendship where they meet up with Starlight and Sunset who are both principal and vice principal respectively with the former wearing a red violet headmare outfit with the latter’s beard having grown more who together all show them the school as Trixie wearing a shirt and tie with her magician cape leads a young and excited griffon to the class the grown up Cutie Mark Crusaders are teaching before they all walked out to refurbished and restored school yard as Ocellus kindly waves to the crowd before handing hot cocoa to Smolder as she looked through her telescope.

Just a slight error. You accidentally put down Sunset instead of Sunburst.

Anywho, this was an amazing story. I hope we'll see more in the future.

What a story.

10617615
I meant the train accident.

10617943
It was more like she orchestrated it without caring who got caught in the crossfire.

She would could to have her regrets over doing it.

“The elements of harmony and friendship is a curse, Twilight! Especially when you move on and outlive every pony you've ever meet!” She angrily and defiantly growled with seething rage in her counterpart’s face as her calm expression doesn’t change. “You’ll see you’ll be better off without friends like them!” She further snarled with gritted teeth as her horn flared with sparks just like her and Tempest in the past. “Faith and destiny as ruler of Equestria is inevitable even by you!" She finished off her defiant last words as she is completely enveloped by the golden magic before being vanquished in a flash of light leaving behind her crown which transformed back into Celestia and Luna’s two crowns as they magically appear on her heard with the alicorn amulet appearing in Twilight’s hooves as she smiled at her own success as she proudly looks on at the falling rain and smoke forming from it.

Having said that, Midnight in this story might be another potential Magnificent Bastard candidate as even when she does have a Villainous Breakdown she maintains enough composure to warn her in her last words of what she truly thinks of friendship and that it will happen when they all get older which comes across as Villain Has A Point while remaining Defiant to the End.

She is such a defiant b**ch! Hope she suffers for being non-existent.

This even better than the show because it showed how important trust is and sometimes you might have someone something they might not want to hear but that doesn't mean you shouldn't tell them. How they take it is up to them but at least you tried to the right thing. And jumping to conclusions leads to problems.

Well I kind of skipped some parts to the end. I presume you are going by the alicorns are immortal thing? Is Twilight going to outlive her friends like many think and Midnight says? I have a different headcanon of course and stand by it. I mentioned my Luster Dawn theory in the first story but I guess I can't expect everyone to avoid it. I really don't like the Twilight is immortal idea but that's my only complaint about the ending even though it was only mentioned by Midnight. But the g4 ending was left up to fans for how long everyone lives and if you didn't say anything I guess the same can apply.

Login or register to comment