• Published 27th Feb 2020
  • 4,427 Views, 207 Comments

Light and Dark: Road to Redemption - MXCDarkHorse2020



Twilight Sparkle, now the Princess of Friendship, focuses on proving to everypony through the adventures of Season 5 of Friendship is Magic onwards that she truly has redeemed herself for her past actions as Midnight Sparkle.

  • ...
9
 207
 4,427

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 9: Amending Fences (Rewritten 9/14/22)

Chapter 9:

Amending Fences

Following her dealing with carrying out the honor of marrying Cranky Doodle Donkey and Matilda in her first wedding since the Canterlot Wedding, her first Princess Summit, and having to deal with a rocky start in forming a lifelong friendship and alliance with the yaks and Yakyakistan, Twilight now finally has time to sit back and relax after going through non-stop princess duties and activities for the past week as she had made huge steps towards her redemption as she finds time for herself in her castle to read a nice good book during her quiet time.

She is currently reading her book on the couch as Spike comes in wearing an apron, rubber gloves, and a headband sighing a little tired of the work he had just done.

“You know the worst thing about you being the Princess of Friendship? The dishes.” Spike groans as he takes off the rubber gloves he was wearing.

“Thanks for taking care of that, Spike.” Twilight gratefully told Spike as he joined her on the couch after taking off the apron and headband. “After three events in one week, I really needed to relax with a good book.”

“It's kinda funny, isn't it?” Spike remarked as he pulled out a book from behind the pillow he was resting on. “All these ponies comin' to you for advice about friendship?”

“What's funny about that?” Twilight wondered what Spike meant by that as she got up to put her book away.

“You know, 'cause you used to be famous for being such a bad friend.” Spike answered.

“Now come on Spike.” Twilight spoke sounding somewhat offended. “I thought we were past me using friendship to my advantage back when I was Midnight.”

“I mean back in Canterlot before moving to Ponyville.” Spike quickly corrected himself after realizing his poorly spoken choice words.

“But I had good friends in Canterlot.” Twilight replied as she softens her anger towards him before it could even brew up.

“Come on, Twilight. Look at the wall.” Spike said as he pointed a claw to the pictures on display in her room which all depict her with her friends during their time in Ponyville, and from her coronation from when she had just reformed. “D'ya see any photos from before we moved to Ponyville? And look at you now – the Princess of Friendship.”

Hearing this causes a realization to dawn on Twilight as she walks up to the portrait of her hugging her friends at her coronation.

“This is a disaster!” Twilight gasps as she paced around a little. “All my old friends! I can't remember any of their names right now!” She then voiced her concern as she asks Spike right in front of her with her wings spread out. “But do you really think that they think I'm a bad friend?!”

“Well, I only meant that you've come so far. You're a great friend now and—“ Spike tried to clarify that he didn’t mean that she was a terrible friend while leaving out her past as Midnight to begin to no avail as Twilight is now feeling frantic of the discovery.

“Oh, I feel terrible! I've gotta make it up to them!” She spoke remorsefully as she trotted off ahead before quickly turning back to Spike. “Pack a bag, Spike! We're going to Canterlot!” She then ran off ahead to gather her things before quickly turning back to add one more thing on his to-do list. “And make a list of my friends' names.” She added before running for good this time.

“Aw. Me and my big mouth.” Spike berated himself for reopening old wounds as he got up to do what Twilight requested of him.

By flying as fast as her wings could fly, Twilight was able to fly Canterlot in a very short amount of time flying in at top speed.

“Come on, Twilight. You're getting worked up about nothin'.” Spike tried to reason with her that she is making too much of a big deal over this to no avail as she lands right in front of where she wants to be.

“The only logical place to start is at the beginning.” Twilight spoke as she looks up at the tall observatory tower.

The two make their way to the tower and inside where they find the place is quite a mess since nopony has ever visited the place since the day she was sent to Ponyville to make new friends.

“Oh. It's exactly how we left it! Twilight remarked on the state of the place as she walks upstairs and observes the scattered books and cobwebs all over the room as she blows the dust off of one of the books. “Look! It's Predictions and Prophecies! And it's still open to the Elements of Harmony!” She noted as she turned to Spike as he comes across the a teddy bear missing an eye with stuffing falling out of it.

“And here's that present I was gonna give Moon Dancer! Huh. Guess she won't be needing that.” Spike commented as he tossed aside the teddy bear seeing how damaged it is as he lays his eyes on the crumpled present on the ground. “Hey, look! The rest of it's still here!“

“How could I have let this happen?” Twilight asked herself in disbelief as she walks past Spike and towards the window towards the night sky.

“Come on, Twilight. Princess Celestia gave you an assignment. Nopony could blame you for that.” Spike again tried to reassure she is not to blame for this as he places a comforting claw on her wing.

“But look at the way I left this place. It's a total mess! Just like how I left my friendships.” Twilight couldn’t help but comment on the scattered mess around the room as she sadly leaned her head against the window. “I've gotta make it up toooo... uh... “ Twilight determinedly spoke before forgetting she forgot their names as she grinned at Spike hoping he remembered their names like she asked.

“Oh!” Spike spoke up as he remembered. “Uh, Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts, Lyra Heartstrings, and Moon Dancer.”

“Yeah. Them.” She spoke as she once again facing the window with newfound determination to make things right.

As Spike decides to call it a night making himself a bed on some of the books so he can sleep on, Twilight on the other hoof secretly summons a few files from her secret filing cabinet from the basement as pulls out the names of the ponies so she can do her late night research on the ponies she used to see back then so she can have a better idea on where they live, who they are, what they like, and how long they have known each other to get a better idea of what to say if they are very bitter and resentful towards her for blowing them off.

By the time she was done her research she had her saddle bag all packed up and ready to go.

“Spike!” Twilight happily called out the snoring dragon. “Come on! We've got work to do!”

“Have you been awake all night?” Spike asked as he groaned and tried to wake himself up as Twilight levitated a scroll and unfolded it.

“I did a little research, and I think I know where we can find Minuette! That is one of my friends, right?” Twilight responded as she turned to make sure she got her name right as Spike looks on with tired eyes.


Later they make their way to Minuette’s house where there is an hourglass over the doorstep with an hourglass shaped knob as Twilight patiently awaits for her to come to the door.

"Uh, it's not too late to forget I opened my big mouth." Spike spoke hoping that things don’t come down to the worst case scenario.

"No, Spike, I'm glad you opened your big mouth.” Twilight answered thinking of it is a good thing as she turned around. “These ponies have probably been suffering ever since I left. Wondering why their supposed friend would treat them so badly!"

At that moment the door opened as Twilight turned back around to see the door slowly creaking open and after a brief second as Twilight wonders what is about to happen.

“Minuette?”

At that moment said pony appears right in front of her.

“Twilight Sparkle!” Minuette happily greeted and laughed as Twilight walks back down the stairs as Minuette comes down them. “You old so-and-so! What are you doing here?! Hey, Spike!” She spoke briefly turning her attention to Spike before eying Twilight’s wings which briefly spread out for a moment. “Look at these wings, huh?! Hey, grab a picture of me and the princess, will ya?” She then asked Spike as she leviataed a camera to Spike’s claws so he can take a picture of the two! I tried to tell my co-workers we used to be friends back when.“ She giggled again. “But they've never believed me!”

Twilight then looks at Spike with wondering what this is all about who shrugs just as confused as Twilight as she focuses the camera lens as the two smile for the camera as they sit down with Minuette smiling eagerly with a wide grin as Twilight smiles more humbly.

“Wait-wait-wait! Really fluff 'em up, huh?“ Minuette spoke up gesturing to Twilight to spread her wings out as she spreads her arms out looking very excited to reunite with Twilight now that she is an Alicorn Princess as Twilight still humbly smiles for the sake of amending fences as Spike managed to take a good picture of the two.

“So what are you doing here? I mean, I know you're here all the time, but you never come to see me.” Mineutete eagerly asked Twilight her reasons for visiting. “Hey! I just had the greatest idea! You wanna go see Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine?” She offered.

“Of course! My old friends!” Twilight happily accepted.

“It'll be great Come on! Let's fly! Get it?!“ She giggled as she leaped up in the air to throw in a pun before trotting ahead.

“This is perfect!” Twilight remarked on how well this is turning out. “I can apologize to all three of them at once!”

“Let's hope they're not as traumatized as Minuette.” Spike sarcastically commented.


And in no time at all, the thee all made their way to Donut Joes’s to meet up with the rest of the girls where all four ponies are all having fun by enjoying their donuts and laughing while having a good time while Spike sits at the counter.

“She did! Twinkleshine literally spit out her oats when she heard you were the Princess of Friendship!” Minuette spoke before she took a bite of her donut.

"We saw you at the coronation. That was some shindig!” Said mare added that they were there when she was crowned twice for her accomplishments.

"You did?" Twilight asked in surprise just before she could take a bite from her donut.

"Sure! We see you all the time!" Twinkleshine replied.

“You remember our old friend, Lyra, right? She lives in Ponyville too. We're always over there visiting her. Or she's coming over here!” Minuette giggled as explained. ”We've thought about asking you to join us from time to time, but we just sorta figured you'd moved on.” Minuette added as she broke her next donut in half.

“Oh.” Twilight spoke sadly seeing how much she missed out on leading to awkward silence between the four of them as Lemon Hearts cleared her throat to break the silence.

“So what brings you by anyway?” Lemon Hearts asked her. “All those times you've come back to Canterlot, you never had donuts with us before.”

“Well, uh, you see...” Twilight started to speak as she sighed as apologizing and admitting what she has done has not been easy for her. “I came to apologize.”

“For what?” Minuette asked confused after she swallows the donut she was eating.

“Before I left Canterlot, I didn't really appreciate my friends. And that's because I didn't know how important friendship was. But I've learned so much since I moved to Ponyville. I learned what it means to be a good friend and that I certainly wasn't one to the three of you. So for all the pain I caused you, I am truly sorry.” Twilight explained through her apology.

After a moment all three ponies laughed it off as it was no big deal much to the alicorn's surprise.

“Oh, come on, Twilight! Sure, it might've stung a little bit when you ran off to Ponyville without saying goodbye, but it's not like we weren't used to that from you!” Minuette reassured her it’s no big deal.

“Yeah, we didn't take it personally.” Twinkleshine also reassured her.

“Really?” Twilight asked in surprise hearing this.

“But it's really good to see you now. Hey! Anypony up for a blast from the past?” Lemon Hearts added and offered another opportunity to do something together.

“Whatever it is, I’m in!” Twilight happily replied seeing that making amends turned out to be easier than she thought.

After enjoying their donuts they make their way to a large building which was closed for the day. Twilight's gasped in amazement at the sight of it as she peaked into the window.


“It's our old science lab! I have so many great memories of this place!” Twilight spoke as she marveled the sight of the classroom and the place she used to study in when growing up.

“Remember when Lemon Hearts got her head stuck in that beaker?” Minuette recalled and giggled with Twinkleshine joining in finding it funny too much to Lemon Hearts embarrassment who on the other hoof didn’t find it very funny at all.

As Twilight looks inside the classroom old memories of her past back when she was attending school there flow through her mind as she thinks back to that time.

In the flashback when she was a filly many unicorns are either at the table chatting with one another or reading papers and books well except for Lemon Hearts who somehow managed to get her head stuck in a beaker to which Twilight wonders how she even managed that as Minuette and Twinkleshine run after her to try to help her get it off while Twilight was reading her book with a another filly doing the exact same thing as her.


“But according to this book, you're supposed to add the sodium chloride first.” Young Twilight spoke to the unicorn next to her as she places the book down with a stoic and deadpan expression.

“I read ahead, and to make a proper salt lick, you need to add the molasses first.” The unicorn with light yellow fur and a red mane with purple streaks spoke as she too placed her book down in a similar manner.

“Well, I read ahead too, Moon Dancer, and I'm sure it said sodium chloride first.“ Young Twilight responded while not laying eyes on her.

“Oh. I've got the wrong book.” The young unicorn replied dryly in realization of her mistake. “That's so hilarious.”

As the two ponies continue reading their books Minuette and Lemon Hearts both continue to chase after Lemon Hearts with her head stuck in the beaker.


As Twinkleshine, Minuette and Lemon Hearts giggle as they remember the good times they shared together Twilight on the other hoof could not share the same laugh as them as she is thinking about the young pony who read beside her when she was young.

“Whatever happened to Moon Dancer?” Twilight asked the girls as she turned to them.

“Moon Dancer?” Lemon Hearts asked again.

“Yeah, you know, our other friend.” Twilight replied to confirm it as smiled thinking they know who she’s talking about.

“Oh, right! Moon Dancer! I remember her!” Twinkleshine spoke up now knowing who Twilight is referring to.

“I wonder what she's up to. “ Lemon Hearts wondered.

“Yeah, I always liked her. We just sort of lost touch after you left.” Minuette said as she brings up that Moon Dancer has been drifting away from since the day Twilight left Canterlot.

“I think she went to live out by the stadium, didn't she?” Twinkleshine spoke trying to remember off of the top of her head where she lives now.

“Well, let's go see.” Lemon Hearts led the others towards her house so they can all catch up with each other.


They all make their to her house which doesn’t seem like a welcoming looking cottage. The cottage was old and broken down, the yard’s grass and trees were dead, broken windows, grass growing from the roof, with a dead and dried up tree in the yard.

The ponies nevertheless made their way towards the door so Twilight could reunite with Moon Dancer once more.

"I think it's this is the place. Didn't used to look like this, though.” Minuette told Twilight as their made their way to the door.

“From the looks of this place it looks like no one has really lived here at all.” Twilight dryly responded noting the poor state of her house.

Twilight would knock on the door to get Moon Dancer’s attention, after getting no reply after a fair few seconds she knocked on the door again only to accidentally puncture a hole in it because of the weak wood it was made from.

She then peaked through the hole to see if she was home or not as she immediately is faced with a pair of eyes causing Twilight to gasp in surprise seeing them.

The door creaks open as Moon Dancer appears from the shadows.

“Moon Dancer?” Twilight asked with a smile.

“What do you want? I'm trying to study.” Moon Dancer asked her in an aggravated and cranky tone while now wearing a gray sweater with matching glasses with her mane on her head tied up in a knot.

“It's us! Your old friends!” Twilight still positively replied and greeted her as the others all smile with Minuette placing a hoof on the back of her neck.

“Ugh!” Moon Dancer groaned very uninterested as she slams the door shut on them.

“That's old Moon Dancer, all right.” Minuette laughed it off as if it was normal as the others were taken aback by her tone. “She always did like her books. Hey! Kinda like you used to be, huh?”

"Exactly how I used to be.” Twilight recalled in surprise seeing the very similarities she once had before learning about friendship like she is looking in another mirror.

For the next three days Twilight with Spike and Minuette would secretly spy on Moondancer as she makes her way to the library from her home and back while the alicorn and unicorn were wearing summer-like sunglasses as the and Spike bury their faces behind the café’s menus to avoid being spotted on.

“Come on, Twilight!” Spike sighed now sounding impatient. “We've been watching her for three days! Library, house, library, house. That's it!”

“Nopony looks at her or says hello or even gives her a smile. It's like she doesn't even exist. Was she always like this?” Twilight asked Minuette if her serious and stoic antisocial behavior is normal for her.

“Well, she always was a little shy. But for a while there, she was really starting to come out of her shell.” Minuette recalled in a way that says a little but not always. “Remember when she threw that party?” Minuette asked her to which Twilight shrugs with a blush to tell her she has no idea of what she is talking about. “Oh, right. I think you might've been busy that day.”

When Twilight thinks back it was the day she blew them off in her pursuit of warning Princess Celestia of Nightmare Moon’s return and moved to Ponyville.


Twilight was carrying a saddle of books where she was stopped when Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts appeared in front of her and stopped her in her tracks with Minuette and Twinkleshine carrying a present on their backs.


"There you are, Twilight!" Twinkleshine greeted, "Moon Dancer is having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?"

"Oh, sorry, girls... I've got a lot of studying to catch up on." Twilight awkwardly and nervously replied as she galloped away from them uninterested in the idea of going to a party.


As Twilight remembers that memory she looks on in shock of how insensitive her response was back then.

“Thought she finally might be letting her guard down a little with that party. We invited her out a few times after that. But she was always too busy studying. So, eventually, we just stopped asking.” Minuette said causing Twilight to break out of her distracted thoughts.

“I had no idea that party was so important to her.” Twilight spoke sounding devastated. “I've gotta find a way to make it up to her!” She spoke as she stood up with determination as she put her sunglasses down and headed towards the library Moondancer walked in.


Twilight entered the library and spotted Moon Dancer sitting alone at her table, taking notes from various books. No matter what Twilight was going to get through to her no matter what it takes.

For her first attempt, she walked behind her, pretending not to notice her, until she gasped and pretended to be surprised to see her.

"Oh, my gosh! Moon Dancer?! Is that—"

"Shh!" The visitors hushed her causing her to quickly take off before she caused any more trouble.

For her next attempt she snuck up from behind the unicorn, who tried her best to ignore her to no avail as Twilight's horn was glowing when she opened her mouth to try to speak to her again.

"Moon Dancer, can I talk to you for a min—" She tried to speak before being cut off.

"Shh!" But then she realized that Twilight had created a force field around them so nopony else could hear them. "What is this?"

"Eh, a bubble of silence.” Twilight truthfully told her. “I haven't seen you in a while and I thought it might be nice to catch up."

"For what purpose?" she asked not even bothering to look at her.

"You know, 'cause we're friends. And I know I wasn't always the best one to you, so I thought that…" Twilight tried to talk to her only for Moon Dancer to use her magic to break the bubble of silence creating a popping noise.

"Shhh!" The visitors hushed Twilight again even though she didn’t say anything that time.

Moon Dancer later levitated a book from a shelf, only to see Twilight again from the other side of the book shelf still determined to try to reach out to her.

"I'm really sorry to bother you. I was just hoping we would go outside and talk for a bit." Twilight again tried to urge Moon Dancer to talk to her.

Moon Dancer responded by placing the book back onto the shelf, shielding Twilight's face from view leaving Twilight a little dismayed to see Moon Dancer blow her off again.

Later when Moon Dancer was reading and using her magic to turn the pages of the book, she comes across an image of Twilight…which started to move and talk to her.

"I'm sorry I skipped your party." Twilight whispered.

"AH!" Moon Dancer screamed at the sight of what she was seeing.

“Shhh!" The visitors hushed at Moon Dancer this time causing the mare to growl at the image of Twilight in the book.

"Why won't you leave me alone? I'm trying to study! You've got the wrong pony! I don't have parties!" She whispered back irritably.

"You did once." Twilight whispered back in an sincere and apologetic tone. "And I was so caught up in my own studying that I didn't take your feelings into account."

"Look, Twilight Twinkle—" Moon Dancer tried to tell her off before being cut off mid-sentence.

"Sparkle." Twilight corrected her.

"Whatever!” Moon Dancer replied not caring about knowing her exact name. “I just need to be alone so I can study without some crazy pony trying to make friends, all right?!"

"Fine!" Twilight agreed to her demand and then started to walk away in the book, until Moon Dancer called out to her to stop her in her tracks.

"Wait. How did you get into my book like that?" Moon Dancer curiously asked.

Twilight smiled in response seeing that she finally got her to listen to her.

Finally, Twilight was able to get Moon Dancer to talk. The two old friends walked along the grassy fields of Canterlot and over the bridge while Twilight explained to Moon Dancer what she did earlier in the library.

Finally, Twilight got Moon Dancer out of the library and outside as the two walked together crossing an arch bridge.

"I've been studying a new studying technique. I can only do it for a few minutes, but you'd be amazed how much you can pick up when you're actually in a book!" Twilight explained her new technique to her.

"It's one of Hayscartes' methods." Moon Dancer replied with a smile for the first time in years.

"You know Hayscartes?" Twilight curiously asked.

"Of course! He's a genius!" Moon Dancer replied.

"I have a copy of his Treatise on Ponies, you know." Twilight replied back causing Moon Dancer to gasp in amazement to hear what she has to offer.


Twilight then took Moon Dancer to her old home and showed her old library who marveled in amazement at the sight of many books on their bookshelves.

"What is this place?" Moon Dancer asked as she looked around.

"This is where I used to live. “ Twilight answered to Moon Dancer ass he spotted a familiar book on a shelf. “You mean I never had you over?” She asked with regret on the last part.

"Wow! A first edition of Principles of Magic!” Moon Dancer positively commented on the book she pulled with her magic. “Hey, didn't I give this to you?" She turned to Twilight suspiciously as if that book was very familiar.

"Maybe?" twilight replied while looking aside nervously

Moon Dancer then opened the pages of the book with her magic as she inspected it.

"I did! Look, I even wrote something! "To my friend, Twilight Sparkle. Thanks for introducing me to the classics."” Moon Dancer confirmed as she read it. “I can see by the fact that you left it here that it meant a lot to you."She sarcastically commented as she put the book back onto the shelf.

"Look, I didn't bring you over here for even more poignant reminders of what a bad friend I was.” Twilight walked up to her to keep things back on track. “I brought you here to give you this." She added as she levitated golden key with an hourglass shaped handle for Moon Dancer. "You can come here whenever you want and study to your heart's content."

"Really?" Moon Dancer asked speechless at this generous gift as she graciously accepted the key while levitating it with her own magic and adjusting her glasses.

"But first, you've gotta do something for me." Twilight added that there is a catch to the deal.

"What?" Moon Dancer wondered suspiciously.

"Have dinner with our old friends tonight. I made reservations at the best restaurant in Canterlot. What do you say?" Twilight spoke of her terms and offered.

"I can't. I'm reorganizing my biology scrolls." Moon Dancer refused as she drops the key onto the floor and turns away.

"I've been spending a lot of time with Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts since I've been back. They really miss you." Twilight continued to reach out to her as she placed a hoof onto her shoulder as Moon Dancer shrugs it off.

"Look! I already told you! The last thing I need is a bunch of ridiculous friend-making keeping me from studying!" Moon Dancer again refused as she walked away while echoing Twilight’s previous words back at her.

"Moon Dancer, wait!” Twilight again tried to reason with her as she made her way down the stairs to the exit. “A wise pony once taught me that there's more to life than dusty old books!"

"I tried friendship and it's just not for me. Now, if you'll excuse me…" Moon Dancer still refused as she continued walking away

Twilight then knew she had to think of something quick to salvage any chance of rekindling her friendship with Moon Dancer as she tapped her forehead trying to think of an idea until she finally came up with one.

"What if I taught you Hayscartes' method?" Twilight offered with a smile knowing this will get through to her.

And just as she predicted Moon Dancer stopped in her tracks just before she could step one hoof outside with the offer getting her attention as she turned back.


Later than night, Twilight, Moon Dancer, Twinkleshine, Minuette, Lemon Hearts and Spike all sat together in a single large table finally all getting together for the first time in years.

"So, uh, what are you studying these days?" Minuette spoke first as she asked her.

"Science, magic, history, economics, pottery, human world history, engineering. Things like that." Moon Dancer stoically answered as she placed her hoof on the table for each subject mentioned.

"Yowza! You planning on being a professor or something?" Minuette positively replied and asked her what her career is going to be.

“No.” Moon Dancer replied not interested in sharing her interests.

"So you're just... studying. "Really? That's cool!" Minuette asked her awkwardly now seeing this is not going the direction they had hoped it would go.

“Can I go now?” Moon Dancer as sounding like she is ready to leave.

"Moon Dancer, please." Twilight insisted she stay as she raised a hoof up to stop her.

"It's all right, Twilight." Minuette assured Twilight that everything is fine. "We're having a good time. Right, everypony?"

Twinkleshine simply shrugged not knowing what to say to make things better and Lemon Hearts chuckled nervously unable to come up with a response as well. Minuette then tried to start another topic of conversation.

"So, uh... Spike, tell Moon Dancer that story 'bout how Twilight had to read a book about doing a sleepover!" Minuette asked Spike in an attempt to keep the positive flow of the conversation going.

Spike raised his finger to let her know he’ll answer once he swallows his food but was stopped by Moon Dancer as she immediately answered.

"Slumber 101? I've read that." Moon Dancer answered completely unimpressed.

Twilight chuckled nervously seeing that approach isn’t going anywhere "Oh! Really? Well, uh, did you know Lemon Hearts here works at the Canterlot palace?" She brought for another attempt to spark her interest.

"Uh, yeah. It's true. I do the big events mostly. State dinners, that sort of thing." Lemon Hearts awkwardly agreed as an awkward silence loomed over them as they chuckled nervously.

Moon Dancer having had enough, irritably groaned having completely lost interest in this dinner conversation and stood up from her chair, heading towards the exit. Twilight seeing this quickly teleported herself outside, calling out to her trying to stop her from leaving.

"Moon Dancer!” Twilight called out to her as she teleported in front of her to stop her from leaving. "You've gotta give friendship a chance!"

Using her own magic, Moon Dancer levitated Twilight out of her way.

"Dah! I gave friendship a chance a long time ago! It didn't work out then – it isn't gonna work out now!" Moon Dancer coldly replied as she walked off as Spike approaches Twilight.

"Twilight, are you all right?" Spike asked her as tears starting forming around her eyes.

"No. No, I'm not.” Twilight sadly replied as she walked off as she hung her head in sorrow.

“Where are you going?” Spike asked her as he caught up to her as she stopping walking.

“I don’t know Spike.” Twilight replied still looking forward in her direction. “I really messed this one up. That party was everything to her. I can only imagine what it must've felt like when I didn't show up."

“If there was only a way to undo the damage... “ Twilight solemnly said to herself until she got another idea with her determination recharged once again as she spread out her wings. “And I know what I need to do. And I know just who can help me.”


Twilight would fly off with Spike in tow at top speed back to Ponyville as she fetched Pinkie Pie the expert party planner to help her throw Moon Dancer a party to make up for the one she missed.

Flying at top speed she made her way to Sugarcube Corner back in Ponyville where she finds Pinkie sleeping in her bed in her room.

“Psst.” Twilight whispered as she used her magic to get Pinkie’s attention as she woke up hearing Twilight. “Sorry to wake you at this hour but Psst!

“Oh hey Twilight! What’s up?” Pinkie happily asked her as she briefly looked around with a serious expression. “Wait. Am I dreaming this?”

“You’re not dreaming this Pinkie.” Twilight kindly responded as she let go of Pinkie from her magical grasp. “Besides if this were a dream would I be asking the greatest party planner for help in throwing a party for one of my friends back in Canterlot?”

“That’s true!” Pinkie happily acknowledged. “You have come to the right pony for the job!” She exclaimed as she jumped onto Twilight’s back. “Well wait are we waiting for let’s fly on over for party time!”

Immediately, Twilight spread out her wings flying back in Canterlot’s direction at top speed with Spike trying to keep himself from flying off of her and getting dropped off by accident as Twilight flew as fast as she could.

“Wheeeeeeeee!” Pinkie cheered as Twilight flew in to where Minuette was standing at the door to Twilight’s home in Canterlot with Spike hanging on to her tail at top speed.

“Huh?” Minuette wondered in surprise seeing this thinking Twilight had already left for Ponyville.

“Whoooooaaa!” Pinkie and Spike exclaimed as Twilight flew in to pick up Minuette as they all flew down to the ground as Twilight caught them all with her magic as she made a perfect safe landing.

“That was awesome! We gotta go flying more often, Twilight!” Pinkie complimented Twilight on her skills as she used her tail to fly in the air for a minute.

“As long as I have the time for it.” Twilight casually replied before focusing her attention back towards Minuette.

“There you are! I thought you threw in the old towel and headed home!” Minuette positively commented that she didn’t immediately just go home.

“I did head home. But not to throw in the towel.” Twilight answered yes but for a brief visit so she can fetch Pinkie. “I went to get my secret weapon. Minuette, meet—“ Twilight attempted to introduce Minuette to Pinkie before the former spoke up.

“Hey! Pinkie Pie!” Minuette happily greeted her.

“Hi, Minuette!” Pinkie happily greeted her with a hug. “Twilight, you didn't say Minuette would be here!”

“You two know each other?” Twilight asked in surprise at this development.

“Oh, sure! She was one of Cadance's bridesmaids!” Pinkie replied as she got right next to Twlight. “We hang out all the time when she's in Ponyville! Didn't you know that? Ha! And you call yourself the Princess of Friendship!”

“Okay Pinkie! Let’s not get too heavy there please?” Twilight politely insisted that she doesn’t continue weigh in on her checkered past.

“Twilight briefed me on the way here. We'll need fifteen bags of confetti and as many hooves as we can get.” Pinkie addressed Minuette on what they need to throw the party.

“Let's go!” Minuette eagerly trotted ahead as Pinkie walked side by side with her. “We can pass by the donut place on the way!”

“And what are we gonna do?” Spike questioned Twilight.

“Just come with me.” Twilight simply instructed as she trotted ahead with her new plan in the works.


Moon Dancer was just leaving the library when she saw a book lying on the ground leaving her wondering who would do that as she leaned in closer to get a good look at the title which caught her attention.

"Ooh! A Brief History of the Wagon Harness!" Moon Dancer exclaimed intrigued by the title.

She then found another book right beside it.

"The Life and Times of Morari the Maneless?" She read the title as she lifted it up with her magic.

Moon Dancer was very interested in seeing the potential knowledge she could gain from reading these books as the hold them with her magic as she then sees a whole trail of books laying on the ground lined up in a trail-like form for her to follow.

Unable to resist the tempting titles and knowledge these books held she decided press forward to pick up every book.

Twilight secretly spying on her from the one of the nearby buildings in her invisibility spell quickly teleports back to where the party she has set up for her seeing that her plan is in motion.

One by one, she followed the trail, picking up each book with her magic and placing them on her back and by the time she made her way to the end of the trail in the castle courtyard she had two large stacks of books in tow. She then gasped and dropped all of her books once she saw what was before her.

A party just like the one she threw when Twilight missed out on.

"What is this?" Moon Dancer exclaimed in surprise seeing this

"It's a party. For you." Twilight answered as she and the others gathered around Moon Dancer with Spike pushing over a wagon with a large cake on it.

"Surprise!" Pinkie cheerfully exclaimed as she jumped out of the cake further surprising the unicorn

The pink pony placed both a party hat and party whistle onto Moon Dancer who still wasn’t impressed or smiling in excitement.

"Come on in!" Twilight invited her to join in the fun, but Moon Dancer only spit the whistle out of her mouth and used her magic to crumple the paper party hat.

"Thanks but no thanks. I don't do parties.” Moon Dancer replied as she tried to leave again only to be stopped when Twilight teleported herself in front of her again.

"I know. And it's my fault. Back when we were in school together, you invited me to a party. I was so focused on my studies that I didn't show up." Twilight acknowledged and replied

"Big deal!" the unicorn rolled her eyes like she didn't care with a matching uncaring tone.

"It was a big deal. And now that I realize how important friendship is, I'd like to make up for my mistake with a new party.” She continued to reach out to her as she walked up to her and placed a hoof on her back. “A party in honor of my friend Moon Dancer! Please, you've got to let me make this up to you!" She further pleaded as she levitated a wooden bat for Moon Dancer to hit the piñata with.

Moon Dancer rolled her eyes again as she took control of the bat as she approaches the piñata.

"And you think this is gonna do it, huh?" Moon Dancer still grudgingly spoke to her still not seeing that is enough.

"Well it’s more of hoping than thinking." Twilight honestly answered.

“Well, sure, why wouldn't it?” She sarcastically commented as she batted the piñata lightly and then waving the bat at Twilight in accusation. “That was only the first time I put myself out there, and then you didn't even bother to show up! Then you left town without saying goodbye even though we were supposed to be friends! And to top it all off I learn that you died in that horrific train accident and then learn you were faking it the whole time!"

“Look I get of how insensitive I was back then when I didn’t do so but at least I am trying to make things right to you. And I'm sorry for that along with tricking you into thinking that I was dead.” Twilight again tried to reason with her as she levitated the bat away before she could injure somepony with it. “Why isn’t it enough? How much more did I really hurt you deep down?” She questioned Moon Dancer wondering if it is more than just missing out on a party.

“By taking away from me my parents!” Moon Dancer angrily exclaimed as tears formed around her eyes.

“What do you mean?” Twilight questioned while honestly having zero idea of what she is talking about.

“Back at the train explosion incident!” Moon Dancer tearfully yelled out to her as she recalls the day Twilight became Midnight by faking her own death by engineering the train explosion to trick everypony into thinking she was dead as the memory plays through her head.


“My parents were the only ponies who cared for me, the only ponies who I felt comfortable sending time with.” Moon Dancer recalled as she thinks back to when they boarded the train just shortly after duplicate Twilight boarded the train. “They always reassured me that I wouldn’t be alone no matter what even when they leave to visit Ponyville.”

Suddenly an explosion courtesy of Twilight’s magic occurs causing the whole train cart to go up in flames sending Moon Dancer flying across the open field which knocked her out for a few good minutes.

When she came to she saw that her parents weren’t around and haven’t emerged from the wreckage. She desperately ran up when seeing multiple ambulances in the distance tending to the Princesses and the Mane Five with the lifeless duplicate Twilight pleading that her parents are okay.

Only for her worst fears to come true when she sees them gravely injured as the medics placed tarps over them to avoid other ponies from seeing their deceased bodies.

“Mom! Dad!” Moon Dancer cried out in horror while some of other medics restrain her to spare her from seeing her now deceased parents. “No! NO! NOOO!” She cried out in pain and heartbreak as she broke down sobbing.


“Until that faithful day when that horrible train accident that Midnight a.k.a you…” Moon Dancer pointed another accusing hoof at Twilight back in the present day. “…caused yourself in your pursuit of taking over Equestria. And before then I was humiliated! I felt like I wasn't important! I never wanted to let myself be hurt like that again! Those three finally convinced me that I had value! That other ponies might like me and want to be my friend! And you! Didn't! Show! Up!”

Moon Dancer then further broke down in tears while covering her face with her hooves. Hearing this really got to Twilight seeing that there was more to this than she thought. It wasn’t just missing the party, but also because she and her parents were caught in the crossfire of her engineered train explosion that hurt and killed nearly every pony on that train as she looks at her hooves mortified to hear the damage her stunt has really caused and how much it really affected Moon Dancer.

Pinkie Pie whispered into Spike's ear and the little dragon quickly hurried off to do his job. Twilight approached Moon Dancer in an attempt to comfort her placed her hoof over Moon Dancer's shoulder, while she continued to cry on the grass.

“Moon Dancer…” Twilight tried to speak as Moon Dancer quickly swats her hoof away when she tries to touch her.

“Don’t just don’t okay!” Moon Dancer demanded leaving Twilight taken aback by this. “I don’t even want to hear another word of how you think it was all justified and stuff.”

“Moon Dancer, you're right.” Twilight acknowledged. “This party can't make up for the way I hurt you. But please, don't let my mistake be the reason you can't be friends with anypony else. At least try to forgive me and be friends with these three.” Twilight pleaded as she directed a hoof at their friend’s direction.

“And you actually expect me to just forgive you for everything you’ve done!” Moon Dancer once again angrily rejected Twilight’s attempts to reason with her. “A pony that has caused so much harm and damage to this place while holding no value towards other’s well-being is rewarded Princess of Friendship in the end! Not going to happen! And truthfully, I think Equestria would be better off if ponies like you were dead and never even born to begin with!” She yelled in Twilight’s face as her horn flared up with sparks.

Twilight gasped in complete shock hearing those cruel words as she is left speechless from that statement.

As soon as Moon Dancer said those words she herself was horrified of what she just said to her realizing she went too far with that cruel statement.

Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts dropped their jaws in shock of what Moon Dancer had just said to Twilight. Minuette just looks on disappointed, Twinkleshine looks completely aghast with a hoof up to her chin, and Lemon Hearts looks like she is going to cry as she places a hoof on her mouth.

Spike who had just arrived nearly dropped the present he was going to give Moon Dancer with his jaw open in shock.

“What did you say?” Pinkie asked with a gasp just as shocked as everypony else like she was about to cry.

“Okay, if that’s what you think of me then fine!” Twilight quietly responded as she turned away to walk away from her.

“Twilight wait I…” Moon Dancer tried to apologize now mortified of what she had just said and done.

“No, I’m sorry. For even trying to make an effort to make amends without understanding of how much pain you truly went through.” Twilight cut her off as she briefly turned to face her as she starts to tear up. “But just so you know the longer you continue to drag this out and the more and more you don’t allow yourself to forgive those who are truly sorry for all they have done the more and more you will become like me before I started making new friends. And eventually the more you’ll become like Midnight herself to the point you’ll have no remorse for all the pain you caused yourself and by the time you have realized your mistake you’ll be all alone with no one but yourself to blame.”

Twilight would then turn around and head off as tears falling from her eyes. “Congratulations, Moon Dancer, you got your wish.” She sadly told her off as she walked away. “You don’t have to worry about seeing me again since I won’t bother seeing you again at all because I just can’t talk to you right now.”

Twilight would then make her way inside the castle while Moon Dancer sadly hangs her head and makes her way home unable to press forward with the already prepared party. All while the crowd of ponies all watch on helplessly with nothing they can say or do to get them to listen right now. Not even the dark sweater girl's best friends could do anything about it.

"Moon Dancer..."

"Please..."

"Come back..."

But the damage had already been done. Deep down Moon Dancer was just really upset and she truly didn't mean it and can only heavily regret with what she just said in a moment of weakness and because of it she just managed to emotionally crush and push away the one pony who was trying really hard to reach out to her.

Spike looking on seeing a dark mirror in front of him was quick to assure the suddenly worried trio. "Don't worry. I know just what to do. Just give me thirty minutes and meet with us downtown, once together we'll patch things up with Twilight."

The girls were unsure if this was going to work or not but placed their full faith in the young dragon as he turned to Pinkie Pie. "And Pinkie? Keep the party display up and everypony entertained until we get back. Okay?"

"Of course!" She eagerly and happily obliged to his request before donning a pair of headphones along with disco equipment. "Time to liven things up!" She stated with a confident and serious smile as she donned her DJ glasses.


Moon Dancer would then make her way back home with her head lowered in shame the whole way until she made back inside. Once she was inside, she would then look at herself in the mirror and after a good few seconds of seeing what she has been doing to herself all because of her inability to forgive and befriend Twilight she shatters the mirror by punching it.

"Moon Dancer?" A voice called out to herself as she sat in front of her broken mirror.

She briefly turned into the direction of the voice and sees that it is Spike who has followed her home.

"Why are you here?" Moon Dancer solemnly asked as she started to tear up. "Just go! I don't deserve to talk to any pony. Not after for what just happened!"

"But it will be okay. Things always work out in the end." Spike tried to reconcile her.

"No. It won't be. I ruined everything. She'll never forgive me now. And it's all my fault." Moon Dancer said in-between sobs seeing that she had just burnt the bridge completely.

"Come on Moon Dancer." Spike responded still not giving up on her. "I get that Twilight when she was evil had done a lot of things that have hurt and harmed many ponies including killing your parents. But the point is Twilight eventually came around and expresses genuine remorse for what she did to the point she gave up control of Equestria and admitted the truth to every pony and saved all of Equestria while doing so."

Moon Dancer then turned to face Spike as she calmed down a little.

"But she had Equestria right where she wanted it?" Moon Dancer asked in surprised disbelief. "Why would she give up everything she worked so hard for?"

"Because she came to see how wrong she was to hurt everypony around her because of me and her friends." Spike answered.

"What do you mean?" Moon Dancer asked wondering where this is going.

"I mean me and my friends are the reason why Twilight became Midnight in the first place was because we walked out in her in a time of need when she needed our comfort the most." Spike answered with his head lowered for a bit before looking up at Moon Dancer who gives a surprised look hearing that.

"What did you and your friends do?" Moon Dancer asked how bad of an argument it was while starting to feel sympathy for Twilight.

"We abandoned her at the wedding rehearsal for accusing Princess Cadance of being evil without any proof and her brother yelled at her and banned her from the wedding all together." Spike answered with a regretful sigh as he continues with the memory of playing through his mind. "Even Princes Celestia walked out on her like she deserved it. But the twist was, Twilight was right to be suspicious of her to which none of us took her concerns seriously...again. The first being when she was worrying about her letter to the Princess which caused her to loco in the head..." He added as he motioned his hand over his head like a cuckoo clock. "Even when she came through to save the day, Twilight was left very hurt to the point she ran away and we never saw her again since until she revealed herself she was really alive the whole time at the next wedding. Until then, we thought she was another pony named Midnight at the time."

"Whoa." Moon Dancer expressed in shock as she let's this all sink in. Before meeting her again she viewed her as a evil and psychotic mare driven with a desire for power and control who got off easy for her crimes as Midnight Sparkle. Now that she has learned why Twilight turned out the way she did recently now sees her deep down she was really a broken and jaded mare consumed with bitterness and resentment towards her loved ones and is just realizing how much damage she has truly caused during her pursuit of vengeance. "Even after all of that she would end up forgiving you?"

"Yes. She did." Spike calmly answered as he walked up to her and handed her a tissue to wipe away her tears and blow her nose. "And I'm certain that Twilight is very sorry for what she did and knows that nothing can turn back time and prevent all of this from happening but we can press forward towards a new beginning if you're willing to forgive her and make amends with her."

"But how?" Moon Dancer asked very doubtful of how to do that. "After telling her Equestria would be better off dead or never existed. I think I made it pretty clear to her when I said that. Not to mention of how much pain she caused me that day."

"Because I could tell from your face immediately after you said that you truly didn't mean to say to her." Spike answered with a smile. "And Twilight is not the type of pony who holds a grudge anymore. As long as you apologize to her she'll forgive you and if you can find it in your heart to do the same. I mean you don't have to completely forgive her right away but just at least forgive her enough to show that you're willing to try to talk and befriend her."

Moon Dancer after completely wiping away the tears from her eyes would then smile and hug Spike for helping her through this even when he had no reason to.

"Thanks!" Moon Dancer gratefully thanked the young dragon as she placed him back down on the ground.

"No problem!" Spike responded as he waved a hand as he thought nothing of it. "Now how about we go into town so we can fetch Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts. I think you could use their help in backing you up if things go south."

"That's a great idea, Spike!" Moon Dancer happily agreed as she trotted forward outside. "Let's go, Spike!"

"Good talk!" Spike happily said to himself at successful job well done as she follows after Moon Dancer with thoughts of bringing with them a few more ponies in mind as he began righting on a piece of paper he had handy.


Back inside the Canterlot Castle later that night, Twilight is currently walking through the hallways where she comes across the glass paintings of her when she was Midnight from her portrait of saving the Crystal Empire from King Sombra, when she was crowned princess, a new one when she took over Canterlot and Ponyville depicting her fighting Queen Chrysalis during the staged changeling attack, and when she took control of Equestria which depicted her holding up the Crystal Heart triumphantly over the bowing ponies before her. Last but not least, was the painting of her being crowned Princess of Friendship as Twilight Sparkle with a picture of her blasting magic at Tirek with her crown on.

Even looking on at the new and golden memory does little for Twilight to avoid being able to reflect on her sins as Midnight especially after now learning that her engineered train incident caused Moon Dancer to lose the only ponies close to her and Moon Dancer has made perfectly clear with her cruel words that she wants nothing to do with her anymore and wished she was dead or never existed even though Moon Dancer didn’t mean what she said. But the damage had already been done as it really stung her heart when she said that.

She would think to herself questioning if she truly does deserve being the Princess of Friendship with this discovery as tears stream from her eyes as she turns away to head back to her room only to bump to Princess Celestia who was right in front of her who had just walked up to her after noticing her looking down and depressed as she made her way down the hall.

“Oh, Princess Celestia! I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you there.” Twilight spoke in surprise as she quickly wiped away the tears though her mentor could quickly tell something is wrong.

“Is something the matter, Twilight?”

“I’m fine!” Twilight tried to quickly deny and talk around her heartache but then sighs as she relents knowing that Celestia clearly sees that she is definitely upset and troubled about something and can tell she is lying in this state. “No, not really.” She truthfully admitted as Celestia uses her wing to bring her in for an embrace.

“What’s troubling you?” Celestia again asked as her faithful student was unable to face her as she tried really hard to wipe away the tears.

“I came back to rekindle my friendship with the ponies I knew back in Canterlot before moving to Ponyville which went well for the most part?” Twilight answered as she calmed down for a bit.

“Expect?” Celestia asked about what went wrong.

“Expect Moon Dancer is the only pony who is refusing to rekindle our friendship because of what I did in the past.” Twilight answered as she could feel her heart racing a little as the bad memory starts flooding into her mind again. “And then it turns it’s because not only did I blow her off on the one party she hosted but because of my actions as Midnight from creating that train incident that led to everypony thinking I was dead took the lives of her parents.” Twilight would then hang her head as she started crying again in deep remorse of what she did in the past. “She even went as far as telling me that every pony would be better off if I was dead or never existed at all!”

Princess Celestia hearing this was very stunned at this revelation and what Moon Dancer told her as she sees how badly what had just happened is affecting her seeing that she is crying her heart out. After a moment of letting Twilight let out her sadness as she lets her cry into her hooves she then uses her wing to comfortably pat Twilight on the back as she lifted Twilight’s head up to get her into looking at her in eyes as she speaks.

“It’s okay, Twilight.” Celestia reassured her that she hold nothing against her. "I'm sure she didn't mean it and was just upset with what happened back then."

Though it wasn't enough to convince her otherwise. “But because of me Moon Dancer lost the only family she had left the only ponies she spent time with in her life. The only ponies she had close as a friend. And there is nothing I can do reverse that.” The younger alicorn said as she looked at her glass portraits. “Maybe I truly don’t deserve to be the Princess of Friendship.”

“Of course you deserve being the Princess of Friendship and don’t you dare think otherwise.” Celestia firmly replied otherwise in the face of Twilight’s self-doubt causing the latter to face her surprised to hear that her mother-like mentor is saying that to her.

“But why?” Twilight asked feeling very surprised now.

“Because I’ve been watching you since your coronation during the gala, the summit, and during Yak’s visit to Ponyville.” Celestia explained as she focused her attention on her portrait just after her reformation as she moves to stand next to her. “You have shown great improvement since then and that you are truly sorry and regret all of your wrong-doings and have the courage to step up and admit your mistakes something that a princess is brave enough to do even when things don’t end well.” She added as she turned to face Twilight at looked her into her eyes.

“But that doesn’t change the fact that how many ponies I hurt and killed from that stunt if tricking every pony into thinking I was dead wasn’t bad enough.” Twilight solemnly countered not convinced nor finding it helpful. “How is knowing that doing something that you now regret has impacted so many lives with no way of going back to change it from happening and prevent a friendship broken beyond repair?”

“Because you have just learned how a very valuable lesson and that you are currently trying amend fences.” Princess Celestia answered as she placed her wing on Twilight’s back again. “Something that Chrysalis, Sombra, and Tirek would never understand compared to you, otherwise you wouldn’t be here showing regret and still be thinking you have done nothing wrong. It’s not too late to make amends with those you have hurt in the past just like with me and your friends. Just like you got a certain sister to see that even after a thousand years who can definitely relate to what you went through.” She encouragingly added referring to Luna’s past as Nightmare Moon and how thanks to her the two sisters rekindled their friendship even after Luna was banished to the moon for a thousand years.

Twilight smiles very thankful for her for reminding her of the power of friendship, love, and forgiveness and how it will always prevail victoriously in the end.

“So you think I should still try to talk to Moon Dancer even after she said those horrible words to me?” Twilight wondered if she should.

“Yes because like with me and Luna it is not too late for you and your friend.” Celestia again reassured her “Yes” as she bring her in for a hug to which Twilight happily accepts as tears again fall from her eyes.

“Thank you, Princess Celestia.” Twilight gratefully spoke as she looked up to her. “I really needed to hear that. Even in the past I have always had a great teacher and mother.”

“Well even in the past I have always had a very good student and daughter.” Celestia warmly returned.

As Twilight wiped away the tears from her eyes again she sees her Canterlot friends and Spike peeking from around the corner.

“Spike!” Twilight called out with a smile. “You and the girls can come out now.”

Knowing that Twilight knows they are here. Moon Dancer reluctantly emerges out of hiding as she nervously gulps of facing her and Princess Celestia herself who is ready to back her up in case she hurts her again.

“So, Moondancer...?” Celestia asked somewhat sternly with a raised eyebrow. “...what brings you here at this time of the night?!”

Moon Dancer nervously gulped as she bowed to her and Twilight before explaining herself. “I came because I said something to Princess Twilight that I deeply regret.” Celestia continued watching on calmly without a hint of anger in her while leaving Spike, Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts who are all watching the scene unfold on the opposite side of the hallway looking intimidated and no way of knowing what's going to happen next knowing it's very rare to the see the normally calm and composed princess to get angry at all. “I told her that Equestria would be better off if she was dead or better yet never even existed.” She then turned to face the mare willing to listen to her. “And for that I’m sorry, Twilight! I shouldn’t have said that to you at all when all you were trying to do is apologize to me and make amends.” She bowed her head in shame expecting the worst to come with all said and done.

Instantly Moon Dancer was then brought to her hooves up by Twilight who quickly embraced her in a hug much to the former’s surprise to show that her apology has been accepted.

“I'm sorry too, Moon Dancer.” Twilight kindly returned with her apology. “Back when I was Midnight Sparkle I was so consumed with bitterness and resentment towards my brother and friends for abandoning me in a time of need I ending up feeling like friendship is a waste of time. Their actions hurt me so much that I was willing to do whatever it takes to get back at them while seeing to it that Equestria is under better leadership no matter who got hurt in the process. If it weren’t for me opening up my eyes to realize how much more harm than good I was truly doing all this time I would have been completely consumed by darkness to the point I would have no longer been able to tell the difference between right and wrong. I've faced magical creatures, the end of Equestria, all sorts of things. But seeing how my actions affected you, that was one of the worst feelings I've ever had. It just proves how much harder I have to work to get ponies to fully trust me for all I have done as Midnight and truly see as the friend they saw and loved when they met me.” She then looks at Moon Dancer with deep focus with her next words. "That being said I don't expect the same from you, just wish that you'll forgive me in time for what I did to your parents back then. No matter what you decide I'll still consider you a friend." Moon Dancer was touched though still uneasy about instantly forgiving her right away. But she mentally decided she can at least try to.

Seeing this had Minuette decide to say a few words of peace as she approache them along with the others. “We were your friends then and we'd be honored to be your friends now. Both of you.”

At that moment a few more ponies showed up behind them to whom which Moon Dancer recognized them. One was an elderly pony with blue-gray fur and a black mane with gray streaks with orange glasses. Another had light pink fur with a little orange mane with purple glasses. And the third had creamy white fur with a light red mane with purple streaks much like Moon Dancer.

“What? That's the librarian! The bookseller! My sister!” Moon Dancer recognized them each in that order and saw that Twilight didn't take away all of the only family she had left.

“You've got a lot of friends, Moon Dancer. And you still have someone in your family around who will be there for you when you need it.” Minuette warmly told Moon Dancer as she tuned to face Twilight.

"What do you say now?" Twilight asked once more. "Can you at least try to forgive me."

It took a few seconds for her to respond with her reply. "I'll...I'll try."

Twilight warmly smiled seeing this as one huge step towards amending broken fences today before offering another hug with her hoofs spread out ready for her to reciprocate in return to which she was more than happy to do so all while everyone proudly watches on.

“Thank you, Twilight.” Moon Dancer gratefully told her as she briefly took off her glasses to wipe away the tears that were now forming in her eyes. “I never realized how much I needed to hear that." She then had another thought occur to her upon hearing the DJ Music from afar. "You don’t suppose it’s too late to have that party you tried to throw for me?”

“Well like with rekindling friendship it’s better late than never.” Twilight jokingly replied while telling her they can still have that party as she gestured her to follow her back to the courtyard. “Let’s go!”

Everyone all ran off happily trying to race each other on over to the direction of the sounds of where Pinkie is currently liven the party and getting everypony to dance to the beat all while happily laughing and gently nudging each other teasingly as they all make their way towards the castle exit. All while Princess Celestia continues proudly watching on.

"You have done well, Princess Twilight." She said with a smile as she sees the whole group arrive at the party just outside castle grounds.


Moon Dancer's party went on all day and all through the night. By the time nighttime fell, Lemon Hearts and Pinkie Pie were both enjoying cake, Moon Dancer received new books from the librarian and the book seller as party presents. Spike was playing “Pin the tail on the pony.” on a poster of Princess Celestia to which Spike managed to successfully do as Twilight, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts who had just joined them all congratulate him. Later Pinkie, Minuette, and Spike were all dancing on the dance floor while other ponies chatters among one and another. As the hours passed, the party dwindled as more and more ponies left the party to go home, giving Moon Dancer their goodbyes before leaving with the decorations being taken down as the party reaches it’s end as Twilight approached her new friend.

"I think it's time for us to go, Moon Dancer." Twilight kindly bid farewell to her.

“Thank you for helping me make some new friends. Even if they are my old friends. And for accepting my apology after everything I said to you." Moon Dancer once again thanked Twilight for forgiving her as the two hug again.

“And thank you for forgiving me too even after everything I did as Midnight.” Twilight replied in the same tone. “I can hope we can spend more time in the future so I can further make it to you.”

“I think we can arrange that.” Moon Dancer happily replied.

"And we'll come back and visit soon." Twilight also agreed as Moon Dancer smiled.

"That would be great! You've still gotta teach me that Hayscartes technique!" Moon Dancer reminded Twilight with a firm but playful “you owe me.” nudge.

"Deal." Twilight agreed without hesitation.

Spike then approached the unicorn with something behind his back. "Um, Moon Dancer? It got kinda banged up, but here's a little something I wanted to give you back at your first party."

Moon Dancer levitated the gift and cried even more tears when she saw what it was: A portrait of her and all of her friends, even the always bookish Twilight Sparkle.

“Actually...,I have even better present to add to that if you don't mind…” Twilight spoke as she got their Canterlot friends together and brought them and Moon Dancer in for a group huddle. “Spike. Take a picture.” Twilight instructed Spike as she used her magic to make a camera appear in his hands. “Say Friendship is Magic!”

“Friendship is Magic!” All of the girls cheered as Spike snaps the picture as Twilight makes a copy of the picture with her magic and gives Moon Dancer the photo. So that way both Twilight and Moon Dancer each of photos of this moment. By looking at the two photos Moon Dancer can now look at both pictures and reflect how much she and Twilight have changed during the time being.

This was definitely a night Moon Dancer will never forget and nor will Twilight as she makes a another major step having to come to amend fences at facing the damage she has done to the ponies she has hurt during her past as Midnight Sparkle.

Author's Note:

In this version of this episode we have Twilight making amends with her friends from Canterlot with the one major shakeup is Moon Dancer's grudge and resentment towards Twilight isn't just about missing her party but because her machinations in creating the train incident when she tricked everypony into thinking she was dead had her caught in the crossfire with her parents among the many fatalities from that faithful accident which leads to Moon Dancer blowing up at Twilight and going as far as saying something very similar to what Twilight said in the MLP Movie with said scene playing out very similar with some very familiar dialogue.

Upon learning that this episode originally had a deleted scene with Twilight and Princess Celestia where Twilight contemplates giving up her title after learning what her actions as Midnight have done, I decided it was a perfect opportunity to fit it in where Celestia reminds she is still learning from her mistakes, the effort she is making in making amends is where it counts, and her character growth throughout this season including her sacrifice against her fight with Tirek proves she truly deserves and has earned the title she has now and that like with her relationship with Luna it is now too late to make amends even if it takes 1000 years to do so.

Next up we have another Starlight chapter focusing on this episode from her perspective as she spies on Twilight as she thinks of a plan to get her revenge on her followed by "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?"

UPDATE 9/14/2022:

In light of one of the previous comments, this episode marks as the first of the many rewrites I will be doing through the rest of the year. Without further ado, we'll go into what's different in this version.

For this version, I would come to see that I weighed the balance of forgiveness and punishment a little too heavily, so to correct this I rewritten the part from Moon Dancer's outburst from the attempted party to the end. As you can tell, it isn't a repeat of the infamous abandonment scene from the wedding and of course everyone isn't treating Moon Dancer like she's overreacting nor being too hard on her for not fully forgiving Twilight right away.

Hopefully given that Moon Dancer is really wanting to give Twilight another chance seeing that they are really trying to spend some more time together things will be all right going forward and that the scales are now evenly balanced with this issue taken care of.

Anyways, expect further updates from certain episodes going forward towards the end of 2022 as I continue to correct and smooth out the bumps in the road I created back when I first created this story.

PreviousChapters Next