• Published 27th Feb 2020
  • 4,427 Views, 207 Comments

Light and Dark: Road to Redemption - MXCDarkHorse2020



Twilight Sparkle, now the Princess of Friendship, focuses on proving to everypony through the adventures of Season 5 of Friendship is Magic onwards that she truly has redeemed herself for her past actions as Midnight Sparkle.

  • ...
9
 207
 4,427

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Party Pooped

Chapter 7:

Party Pooped

In recent days, Twilight has been stepping up to her role as Princess of Friendship. She successfully managed to organize and put together her first princess summit in Canterlot even when she took it upon herself to work three straight days without sleep in order to ensure everything from the preparations goes perfect. Something that required her to sleep during the day prior so she will be ready to attend the welcome reception.

Thankfully, Spike her #1 assistant was able to make sure she gets the rest she deserved by watching over her as she sleeps and checking outside with a couple of guards in front of her room making sure ponies know that Princess Twilight is unavailable to help ponies out with their problems.

Ever since reforming Twilight has always made sure Spike knows that she is the best #1 assistant and son she could ask for as they share a mother-son like bond together.

Although today wasn’t like preparing for the princess summit as today she and her friends are meeting with the Yakyakistan leaders in order to further stretch out their friendship to all of the yaks in Equestria. Twilight herself while calm and collected is deep down nervous and sweating a little as she paces in front of her friends because this is an extremely important visit that has to be perfect every bit down to the tee. Otherwise everything will go south from there which could lead to things going down badly for Equestria if that were to happen.

“You’re not still nervous are you darling?” Rarity asked Twilight as she continues to pace around.

“Me? No, no of course not! There's no reason to be nervous. Nothing to worry about. Everything's gonna be fine!" Twilight somewhat still nervously replied with a wide grin that says otherwise as from the look of her face tells she is on verge of completely losing her cool at having to deal with stressful event.

"Twilight, tell those butterflies in your tummy to beat it! Making new friends is always fun." Pinkie Pie reassured her as she placed her hoof on her chest.

“Oh!” Twilight replied as she placed a hoof on her forehead still not feeling self-assured it will work out like her friends said.

"They're probably just as nervous as you are." Fluttershy also attempted to reassure her as she approaches her.

"You've been plannin' this shindig for weeks." Applejack added. "You know everything about these fellers. It's gonna be dandy.

Twilight then performed Cadance’s breathing technique in an attempt to calm herself with little effect.

"You're right." She now calmly started. "Remember, Equestria and Yakyakistan haven't opened their borders for hundreds of moons. In fact, Yakyakistan is so far north of the Crystal Mountains, nopony's even been there!” She then exclaimed as she widen her eyes at the thought now starting to feel on edge again. “Imagine the look on Princess Celestia's face when she finds out we made friends with a yak prince especially after reforming!" She further exclaimed wide eyed as she laughed nervously. "I'm calm! I'm calm…"

Spike blew the trumpet as he stood by the doors to which Twilight reacted in panic at hearing that the visitors have arrived as the doors opened as a long red silk carpet rolled onto the castle floor. Two large yaks walked into the room, before standing to side the prince of the yaks Prince Rutherford steps forward.

"Ponies! Greetings, ponies!" Prince Rutherford spoke in a powerful voice.

Twilight then teleports over in front of Prince Rutherford as she moves to greet them.

"Prince Rutherford, your Majesty. On behalf of all of us, we welcome you to Equestria." Twilight greeted them as she bowed to them with respect with her wings spread out.

"Me honored." The yak prince responded. "Yaks hope for great friendship between ponies and yaks. Friends for a thousand moons!" He shouted into Twilight’s ear causing her to place a hoof into her ear to make sure her hearing is still working in that ear.

“So far the introduction is going good so far and maybe…” Twilight thought to herself. “Maybe things will work out after all.”

"You must be hungry after a long journey.” Twilight spoke and offered as she had Spike push forward a large table, filled with an assortment of foods, not normal for Equestrian ponies but did come from the yak's homeland. Or at least, what they read about. "We've prepared a banquet of traditional yak foods."

Prince Rutherford inspected the kind offering, but it was hard to tell if he likes it or not. "If things not perfect, yaks get mad. Yaks always get mad when things not perfect!"

Twilight then nervously gulped now hoping this meal would really be living up to their liking.

“Uh-oh!” She said in whispered tone before nervously smiling again.

Prince Rutherford sniffed a rounded sampling sprinkled with green spices. He took a bite, chewed on it and then spit it right out in disgust.

"This no taste like yak food! Fake pony food make yaks mad!" Prince Rutherford angrily spoke with wide open eyes as Twilight sees that things are starting to go wrong already just when things were looking up.

In a fit of range, the yak prince tossed the table over with his horns and his fellow yaks joined in. The others watched in horror as they tore the palace apart, beaching the walls and tearing down the curtains like they owned the place.

Twilight watching their rampage is now really starting to sweat again as they just managed to get things started on the wrong side of the fence.

“Is it okay to be nervous now?" Pinkie asked Twilight as they watch their rampage.

“Mm-hmm.” Twilight replied with a nod as she continues watching the destruction the yaks were laying in her castle.


Later after the yaks left the Mane Six got to work cleaning up the mess the yaks had made. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash fixed the tapestries and the curtains, while Applejack hammered the broken rails of the indoor balconies, Spike swept up the broken shards, and Rarity tried to glue the broken vases together.

"Them yaks sure have a funny way of sayin' "howdy." Applejack said as she hammered a nail in place.

“They're different, that's all." Rarity optimistically said while she glued the vase back together and placed it on the pedestal sounding disappointed with how the introduction played out. "Very… different."

"I think they broke my record for most stuff broken in under a minute." Rainbow Dash commented. "I mean, they even broke the trophy." She added as she showed them the already broken trophy, which literally crumbled to pieces on her hoof.

Fortunately, Twilight so far seems to have a back-up plan in place as she speaks up with regained composure.

"All we have to do is show them how great it can be to have friends before Princess Celestia arrives for the friendship party tonight." Twilight explained as she approached them. "Now, who read the seven-volume cross-indexed history of Yakyakistan I recommended?"

Most the group cringed, unable to look her in the eye or answer her question while telling her “No, they didn’t.”

"Um… I-I had a thing…" Rainbow Dash awkwardly tried to come up with an excuse to get around saying no.

The only pony who didn't look nervous was Pinkie Pie, who was hopping up and down in excitement as she spoke up.

"I did, I did! Did you know they live so far north of the Crystal Empire that it's cold all the time? Yaks have yak fur to keep them warm." Pinkie answered as she placed a hoof on Fluttershy and then wrapped her head in Fluttershy's mane.

"Pretty sure that's what fur's always for, Pinkie Pie." Applejack replied yet finds herself startled when the pink pony suddenly appeared from underneath Applejack's hat. "I know! Yaks are so cool!"

Because of Pinkie’s unexpected appearance, Applejack dropped the hammer she was holding, which crashed into the originally glued together vase Rarity had just placed causing her to look up annoyed at Pinkie’s antics.

“Pinkie Pie, can show them around town?” Twilight kindly asked her. “I know you have to plan the friendship party too, but it would really help make them feel welcome."

“Don't worry.” Pinkie confidently replied. “They'll be in good hooves with me.”

“Remember, we want to make sure Equestria feels like home. That means doing everything we can to make this place feel like Yakyakistan.” Twilight instructed the girls as she paces in front of them.

“No problem!” Pinkie firmly answered she’s got this again.

“Good. Let's get out there and make some new friends!” Twilight then spoke confidently ready to try again at their task.

All six ponies place their hooves in together before raising them up in the air as they head out to try to succeed in achieving their friendship.


Unfortunately, things are still going south as they attempts to make them feel home just result in them smashing things in a frenzy just because things weren’t perfect to their liking.

First they trash Applejack’s barn just because they didn’t have actual hay. Then, they trashed Fluttershy’s picnic just because they didn’t have Yakyakistan animals and had Fluttershy’s critter friends dress up like them. Then they trashed Rarity’s shop just because her fabric wasn’t to their liking or tasting in this case. Aand last but not least they rampage through the snow just because it wasn’t Yak snow. Well at least they weren’t destroying somebody’s property that time around.

Later the Mane Six all regrouped in the throne room so they could discuss their struggling efforts with trying to make friends with them as they all voice their thoughts about the situation.

“Y'know... it's goin' okay.” Applejack positively commented through an obvious lie.

“Satisfactory, I'd say.” Rarity replied in the same tone

“It could be better.” Rainbow Dash more honestly commented there’s room for improvement.

“It's not very good.” Fluttershy honestly replied quietly.

“It's a disaster!” Pinkie exclaimed out loud accurately voicing Twilight’s thoughts on the situation.

“Pinkie Pie, tonight's Yakyakistan theme party is more important than ever!” Twilight told Pinkie nervously while sweating again. “You'll make them forget all about this afternoon, right? Please?” She begged the pink pony she’ll pull through someway somehow with a clenched smile. “Because if it's not perfect, they're gonna smash everything! And I'm not sure how much more smashing this visit can take!”

Twilight at this point is practically begging Pinkie to pull through for her where it matters the most because she is just about to really lose it at this point.

“I definitely will! I think. Maybe...?” Pinkie replied just as nervously as Twilight.

“You're the best gosh-darn party planner in Equestria.” Applejack supportively complimented.

“You'll show 'em a good time!” Rainbow Dash encouragingly replied.

“You can do it!” Fluttershy reassured her she’s got this with a smile.

“We have absolute confidence in your abilities, Pinkie Pie.” Rarity also reassured her with a smile.

“It's going to be my most happy-tacular party ever! I hope!” Pinkie reassured her friends once again that she’s still got this even though she now just as nervous and wide-eyed as Twilight while darting her eyes around.

“Why are your eyes darting around like that?” Rainbow questioned it as she took notice of it.

“It's what I do when I'm not nervous!” Pinkie Pie rapidly spoke as she kept up a forced smile and laughed hysterically as she too is looking like she is going to lose it too to which Twilight took notice of as she approached her.

“Pinkie Pie, you sure about this?” Twilight asked out of concern recomposing herself for the moment. “I mean I don’t mean to put this much pressure on you but-“

“Don’t worry! I said I got this! Gotta go!” Pinkie immediately exclaimed and ran right out of the room leaving her friends concerned and worried for her as much as Twilight.

“I just hope she doesn’t lose it like me.” Twilight wondered to herself feeling she is asking too much of Pinkie like of how the Yaks are asking too much of her.


She would then later attempt to try to smooth things over with the Yaks with a trip to the Sugarcube Corner where she has arranged to have the traditional Yakyakistan cake made for them.

"And this is Sugarcube Corner." Twilight showed the yaks the bakery up ahead. "They're working hard to make your traditional Yakyakistan cake."

"Vanilla extract balance very tricky." Prince Rutherford said as the other yaks agreed with his statement.

Twilight could feel herself sweating again out of nervousness.

"Do you mind, um, waiting here for one moment?" Twilight politely excused herself as she used her magic to teleport herself to Pinkie's room.

"How's tonight's party coming? I'm doing what I can, but it's really up to you at this point!” She asked Pinkie of how things are coming together but to her surprise Pinkie isn’t here in her room “...Pinkie? Where are you?!” She exclaimed desperately calling out to her.

Seeing that Pinkie has gone AWOL she has her friends try to find her before the Yaks decide they don’t want to be friends with them or worse.

Twilight literally bit on her hooves, trying to keep herself from having a breakdown when the rest of their friends arrived.

"Did you find her?" Twilight asked them if they had any luck.

"Angel and I searched the forest, but…" Fluttershy sadly replied as she shook her head in no.

"Aerial recon turned up nothing either." Rainbow Dash reported she came up empty-hoofed too.

"I searched the farm inside and out." Applejack reported as she briefly removed her hat. "No Pinkie Pie. But I did find a set of Granny Smith's dentures under the house, so... not a complete loss."

"She's simply vanished!" Rarity exclaimed horrified.

"But the party! It's all we have left! What are we gonna do?!" Twilight exclaimed in the same tone as Rarity as she was at the end of her rope.

At that moment Gummy landed on Twilight's head who spits out a note from his mouth to which Twilight levitates to her eye level with her magic.

"Don't worry. I'll be back in time for the party. Love, Pinkie Pie." She read out loud.

Twilight would place both the letter aside and Gummy back down as she turned to her friends. "

“If Pinkie Pie says she'll be back in time for the party, she'll be back. We have to trust her. Right? No reason to freak out!" Twilight's exclaimed as her wings spread out while sporting another wide eyed clearly not looking forward to another yak smashing episode.

“Don’t worry, Twilight.” Fluttershy reassured her that she’ll pull through in the end.

"When it comes to parties, I think she knows what she's doin'." Applejack confidently added.

Twilight quickly performed her deep breathing exercise again as she slowly seems to be calming down for the moment.

"You're right. Let's just focus on keeping the yaks happy 'til she comes back." She spoke feeling things are going to be fine.

"Piece o' cake.” Rainbow Dash added confidently.

But at that moment, a realization dawned on Twilight as she realized something.

“The cake!” She exclaimed in horror as she teleports back to where Mrs. Cake is but by the time she teleported back to her it was too late as she had already served them a slice to which Prince Rutherford bites into the whole slice in one bite.

“Hmm...” He spoke as he tasted only to shout. “Ponies too heavy on vanilla extract!“

Prince Rutherford and Yaks would then engage in another rampage as they destroy the cake and trash up Sugarcube Corner much to Twilight and Mrs. Cake’s fright.

“We've never needed a party so badly.” Twilight said to herself seeing that nothing is going right as all of the attempts to befriend are horribly backfiring on them.


In an last and most desperate attempt to keep the yaks distracted for a bit longer, the girls had Spike play a private concert for them. He played a large wooden piano for them on a stage. The yaks were touched at Spike’s ability of creating beautiful melody, wiping away their tears and blowing their noses with tissues.

"Music beautiful." Prince Rutherford spoke really touched. "Much soul."

Twilight wiped away the sweat from her brow with her wing and sighed in relief seeing that the yaks have finally calmed down for now and can at least appreciate classic music.

Once Spike finished playing, he took a bow.

"When Twilight told me to stall— I-I mean, entertain you, I thought there's no way I could—" He fumbled a little in his words until being interrupted when the piano started to play…all by itself.

This took the yaks by surprise when they opened the back of the piano and found that it was self-playing piano and that they have been tricked.

“Spike?!” Twilight exclaimed exasperated that he would choose now of all times to trick somebody like that.

"Piano play itself?! Music a lie!" Prince Rutherford spoke enraged at the revelation.

The yaks leaped into the air to destroy the self-playing piano. Spike was flung into the air from the chaos but was safely caught by Twilight. Once the dust cleared, the piano was trashed just like everything else they had smashed.

"We demand party! Party now or yaks no friends!" Prince Rutherford demanded.

"No! Just a little longer!" Twilight pleaded as they marched towards the train station.

"No more longer! Princesses out of time! We leave now! Yak go to train, return with more yaks! We declare war!" Prince Rutherford yelled in her face. “This visit waste of time! You proved that you no better than that evil and deranged princess Midnight who only cares about herself."

The moment Prince Rutherford made that hard hitting comment caused Twilight to snap hearing that over-sensitive remark at being unfavorably compared to her villainous self as her eyes widen in rage as her panic turned to fearless anger as she grits her teeth enraged as well. Twilight's nice, kind, and polite demeanor that she had kept up to this point completely vanished as she used her magic to get Spike off of her back and onto the ground safety while she flew up into the air over the yaks and transformed into her Midnight Sparkle form, her wings now black again, her fur dark purple, her mane is black with her pink streaks, with the aura her horn glowing a mixture of dark purple and black, and her eyes glowing pure white as she spoke in her authoritative and deep Midnight voice Canterlot style as she hovered over the yaks who are now intimidated by her.

"That it's, Prince! I have had enough of your behavior! All day we have been trying to welcome you here into our home with open hooves and have even went as far as working so hard in trying to make everything right just for you! But no matter what we do you always respond by trashing everything just because one tiny thing is not to your liking! Honestly, How much pettier can you yaks be with that fiery temper of yours! If you go through with starting a war on all of Equestria, you’re going to have to answer to me! If I can take over Equestria alone than I can easily take over and terrorize your hometown in return. Is that something you want?! Tell me!! If not, then I suggest you all get the hey out of here and never return until you thought about what you all have done! Understand!"

Spike was really taken aback at Twilight's incredible outburst as he never imagined that Twilight would turn into her Midnight Sparkle form as her mane and tail briefly turned into dark purple and black flames as she roared fire into the sky to which the rest of the Mane Six minus Pinkie took notice of, but not as much as the yaks who are now terrified seeing that they have pushed Twilight too far this time.

To them a small alicorn is capable of turning to her powerful and dark form to take on an entire Yak army, completely enraged and speaking in the most powerful, and terrifying voice they had ever heard.

Even though Twilight would never follow through with her threat unlike what her past self would have done, but she couldn’t take their behavior anymore especially after the yak prince went as far to make a very sensitive remark about her past self which led her to finally have the courage to tell them off for their behavior. The yaks, immediately, started to freeze and shake completely terrified of her outburst and threat as Twilight slowly lowered down as her mane turns back to normal as she glared at them.

"No." Prince Rutherford could only respond mortified by his own behavior as Twilight’s words really got to her. "Yaks sorry."

Hearing this touched Twilight’s heart as she feels she is regretting losing her temper like that as she reverts to her normal alicorn form.

With their heads lowered in shame, the yaks walked away, feeling terrible for their ill-treatment to the ponies who were only trying to be kind by smashing and trashing their belongings in a fit of rage.

Twilight then rushed over to them desperate to stop them remorseful and mortified of what she said and did too.

"Prince Rutherford! Please! I never meant to say any of that!"

"Yaks no mad at ponies. Yaks no good for ponies." Prince Rutherford responded while telling her that he doesn’t harbor any resentment towards her or any pony and that they themselves are the ones who should be ashamed of their behavior as they walk off.

Twilight would then lower her head in shame as she gazed at her reflection in the pond above her which showed her in her Midnight Sparkle form in her reflection to which Twilight could only feel she herself is to blame too.

"What have I done?" She said to herself as she flew off ahead while fleeing the vision of Midnight. Even when she tries to make new friends and let the past be the past and move forward she still can’t escape her own shadow and because of it the yaks will only think and remember her for her actions as Midnight Sparkle for thousands of moons to come.


Twilight flew around Ponyville at top speed hoping to find Pinkie Pie so she can apologize to her for putting pressure on her. Twilight then arrived at SugarCube Corner, where she found the rest of her friends covered in paint, balloons and confetti.

"No Pinkie Pie? What's this?!" She asked seeing the sight of this.

Applejack who was trying to paint a banner with her hooves as she nervously explained to her while Fluttershy struggles with blowing up party balloons.

"Heh-heh. We panicked and tried to plan our own party."

Rainbow Dash rolled down from the roof, wrapped and trapped in party paper.

"It's sort of panic-themed." She further explained.

"The yaks are going home! This is awful!” She exclaimed in despair. “I wanted to surprise Princess Celestia. Now the only surprise is that I may have just caused a permanent wedge between our homes all because of my past mistakes.”

She would then fly off to Pinkie’s room where would she then look herself in the mirror unable to feel that she will ever be able to prove that she truly is the Princess of Friendship now that the bridge between ponies and yaks is now burnt beyond repair in her eyes.

Her friends concerned for her and wondering what went down between them rushed inside as they approach Twilight who is viewing Midnight in the mirror with her magic.

"Twilight? Are you okay, sugarcube?” Applejack asked her from behind.

“No, I’m not.” Twilight sadly replied not even looking back. “I ruined everything. Pinkie is completely pressured to throw a perfect party she ran off for that’s not going to happen now that the yaks no longer wish to seek our friendship because of me.”

“Why not?” Rainbow asked what happened that lead to that

“Well…” Twilight hesitantly began to explain as she used her magic to replay the moment she lost her temper with the yaks.


"We demand party! Party now or yaks no friends!" Prince Rutherford demanded.

"No! Just a little longer!" Twilight pleaded as they marched towards the train station.

"No more longer! Princesses out of time! We leave now! Yak go to train, return with more yaks! We declare war!" Prince Rutherford yelled in her face. “This visit waste of time! You proved that you no better than that evil and deranged princess Midnight who only cares about herself.

"That it's, Prince! I have had enough of your behavior! All day we have been trying to welcome you here into our home with open hooves and have even went as far as working so hard in trying to make everything right just for you! But no matter what we do you always respond by trashing everything just because one tiny thing is not to your liking! Honestly, How much pettier can you yaks be with that fiery temper of yours! If you go through with starting a war on all of Equestria, you’re going to have to answer to me! If I can take over Equestria alone than I can easily take over and terrorize your hometown in return. Is that something you want?! Tell me!! If not, then I suggest you all get the hey out of here and never return until you thought about what you all have done! Understand!" She yelled at them in her Midnight Sparkle form.

After showing the remorseful yaks leaving as they head off to the next train back to Yakyakistan with Twilight feeling just as remorseful and mortified that she lost control and raged at them like that as she stops playing the flashback for them.


“Whoa!” Rainbow Dash first responded looking surprised at what Twilight had just showed them.

“They declared war on us?!” Rarity asked in shock.

“Yep.” Twilight simply replied.

“And you turned into Midnight in heat of the moment?” Rainbow asked just as surprised.

“Yep.” Twilight simply replied again.

“Finally knocked sense into them but now doesn’t want to seek out our friendship anymore?” Applejack asked just as surprised as Rainbow Dash.

“Yep.” Twilight simply replied with a sigh. “And now all they are going to remember of me is my dark side taking over in the heat of the moment.” She added as she briefly transformed into her Midnight form before changing back into her normal form as she turns to face the window unable to look at her friends feeling like a failure right now. “Even when I try to prove that I am a changed pony I can’t help but feel I am unable to escape Midnight’s shadow.”

“But if you hadn’t done so those Yaks would be on their way back here declaring war.” Applejack comfortingly pointed out. “You stopped them from doing something they would have regretted, sugarcube.”

“Exactly!” Rainbow Dash pointed out. “It was about time they had sense knocked into them before they destroyed all of Ponyville.”

“But by doing so I made them feel terrible.” Twilight retorted as she briefly faced Rainbow Dash. “Me of all ponies to have the big mouth that burns the bridge between Equestria and Yakyakistan with one uncontrolled tirade.”

Twilight looked out the window as she rested her hoof onto her face feeling ashamed of herself and feeling like a failure for some time as Pinkie Pie still hasn’t shown up while her friends are unable to think of something to help cheer her up.

“How could she be so late to the party? This isn't like her." She wondered and noted.

"I'm sure she's trying her best." Fluttershy replied with faith in Pinkie.

"Pinkie Pie's tougher than she looks." Rainbow Dash confidently spoke of her faith in her.

"I know you're right, but... I wish she was here. I put too much pressure on her. I let everybody down.” Twilight still speaking her guilt for asking too much of Pinkie Pie and her tirade as Midnight. “And Princess Celestia will be here any minute and see that I haven’t made new friends and instead burnt bridges all because of my inability to escape the pony’s shadow who was nearly consumed by darkness.”

Twilight would then lay her head against the cupcake shaped decoration on the stairs which disassembled as it seems Twilight has activated something when she leaned her head against it. She backed up just as a trapdoor opened causing her and her friends to fall down through the floor.


They ended up going downwards until they crashed when hit the bottom of a very dark and hidden basement.

“Ugh. Is everypony alright?” Twilight asked the others as they all got up.

“I can't tell if my eyes are open or closed.” Fluttershy spoke up unable to see anything in the dark.

“I think I can see a little bit.” Rainbow commented as she tried to make her way through the room only to crash into something. “Gah! Nope.”

At that moment the lights for the room flickered on as they awe at their surroundings. A room filled with party accessories, presents, treats, with a disco ball hanging from the ceiling.

“Look at these! Pinkie Pie's made files for everypony in town!” Applejack commented as she looks at her filing cabinet.

“With exactly what kind of parties we like.” Fluttershy added as she looked through one of the files

“Pinkie Pie has a secret party-planning cave?! How cool is this?!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in excitement as Fluttershy reads out loud the file she was holding.

"Twilight Sparkle likes vanilla ice cream, red balloons, dancing..."

Fluttershy took out a file and started reading out loud, "Twilight Sparkle likes vanilla ice cream, red balloons, dancing..."

"That's right!" Twilight happily said seeing that’s correct.

"But she's afraid of quesadillas." Fluttershy further read causing Twilight to slightly flinch hearing this.

"No, I'm not! They're just so... cheesy." She shuddered.

As they explored the cave unbeknownst to them Pinkie had just returned and heard them chattering inside her hidden party cave. She would then make her way down the slide leading down to her party cave and then quickly ducked behind the nearby party balloons to avoid being spotted.

"Looky here." Applejack said as she showed everyone a list she had in her hooves

"It's notes for the party she wants to throw for her folks' fiftieth anniversary. But they ain't nearly that old! Huh. She's already plannin' their one-hundredth too. And their five-hundredth?" Applejack spoke surprised that she has plans in advance for very special occasions to come.

"I had no idea she worked so hard on her parties." Twilight responded in amazement of Pinkie’s hidden depths.

"She may be more organized and know more about ponies than you, Twilight." Rainbow Dash told Twilight with a nudge.

"Let's not get carried away." Twilight replied as she briefly thinks of her hidden basement where she has files that’s contains every bit of information on every pony including their secrets she has stashed away during her time and research back when she was Midnight deep down below the castle grounds in Ponyville.

"I just wish Pinkie Pie were here so we could tell her how much we all appreciate her hard work." Rarity spoke her thoughts wishing Pinkie knows that.

Pinkie sneaking up on them while hiding behind the balloons is really touched hearing this.

“Thank you! Thank you! I love you too! All of you!” She cried out happily.

“You're back!” Twilight happily spoke as Pinkie hugs her.

“I tried to go to Yakyakistan so I could bring something back for my party. But at the last second, I made a mistake.” Pinkie explained as she then sighed and then lamented as she sat down feeling sad. “I worked harder on this party than any party ever. But I'm still just a big failure.”

“Pinkie Pie, you're not a failure.” Twilight sincerely reassured her she’s not.

“What matters is how hard you tried.” Fluttershy comfortingly added as she placed a hoof on her chest.

“Who else would've gone all across Equestria to plan one party?” Rainbow Dash comfortingly added as she placed her hooves on her shoulder.

"You know...” Pinkie started as she thought of something. “…the trip was really hard. But everybody I met along the way was so helpful. I just wish the yaks could see how friendly and wonderful and great Equestria really is!" Shen then gasped when she immediately got an idea. "It's not too late!" Pinkie said with a smile.

"It’s too late. The yaks left on the last train." Twilight sadly replied as she hung her head in shame.

"Um, no, they didn't." Pinkie reassured her that they still have a chance to fix everything. "Trust me! There are a whole lot of sheep out there!" She happily slide backwards up the slide while the others just looked on with confusion.

Fluttershy asked looking confused. "So, um, do we walk back up the slide or... or what?"

“I think so.” Twilight answered as she made her back up the slide by flying upwards. “It’s not like there is another way out of here.”


After making their way of Sugarcube Corner they made their way to the train station they find that thanks to Pinkie Pie having sheep block the train tracks to prevent the Yaks train from leaving.

"Yaks stuck here?! Why trains not work?!" Prince Rutherford yelled at the train conductor and seemed ready to tear him apart until he heard voice Pinkie Pie.

"I never thought I'd say this, but... thank you, sheep!" Pinkie Pie happily cheered that she came through to get the Yaks attention again. "And if it’s okay with you, it's party time!" Pinkie added leading to the Yaks feeling confused by what she has in mind as she puts on sunglasses.

“Yak not sure about that after trouble we caused.” Prince Rutherford replied unsure about it as Twilight approaches them.

“Come on, please?” Twilight asked of them to at least hear her out as she continues. “I know that I lost my temper back there and did and said something I shouldn’t have. And for that I’m sorry, and I’ll understand if you don’t want to seek out friendship after what I did as Midnight Sparkle in the past.” Just before Twilight could turn away Prince Rutherford stopped her by placing a hoof over her shoulder.

"Pony have no reason to feel bad. All ponies tried to do is try to please us. Yaks sorry for trashing Ponyville. Yaks needed to be yelled at like that." Prince Rutherford spoke up of his apology to Twilight.

“I know Yakyakistan isn’t like Equestria, but I’m sure on behalf of all of Equestria that this place is worth a friendship worth thousands of moons if you see what it is really like to feel at home here in Equestria.” Twilight spoke her honest opinion of the friendship spread over Equestria. “That is of course if you are willing to give us one more chance to show you all that.”

“Okay.” Prince Rutherford replied. “Yaks give ponies another chance with no smashing this time.”

Hearing this causing Twilight to eagerly grin hearing this from the Yak prince as she and her friends made their way back into town.


In a short amount of time Pinkie was able to put together a fabulous party that every pony in town showed up for just in time for Princess Celestia’s arrival. Everypony in town were enjoying the balloons, booths with fun games, with the folks Pinkie met up with on her journey managed to show up as well. Cherry Jubilee got to sell some cherries. The Wonderbolts were able to sign autographs. The yaks were having a wonderful time, eating, laughing, and playing ball with Applejack’s sister as Applejack, Rarity, and Princess Celestia watch as the latter enjoys the yaks company.

"Wow, Pinkie. This came together quick, even for you." Twilight expressed her amazement at Pinkie’s abilities.

"What can I say? I'm good at what I do." Pinkie replied with a shrug as she walked over to the yak princes, "Prince Rutherford, every time we tried to make something in Equestria feel like Yakyakistan, we couldn't get it right. When I got back from my adventure, I realized something. We shouldn't try to make Equestria feel like your home. We should try to make you feel at home in Equestria."

Prince Rutherford looked all around him seeing many ponies getting along despite their differences and how much everypony cared for one another as he sees them having fun at the party. Even if the ponies may have made a mistake in trying to please them, their hearts were still in the right place. And the yaks have come to see that they have been in the wrong for smashing everything just because they didn't like something that was a teeny bit off, and declaring an unnecessary war, the ponies still gave them a chance even after everything that had happened.

The prince wiped away his tears as he spoke from his touched golden heart deep down. "Ponies work hard to make yaks feel at home. Now yaks happy. No declare war on dark alicorn princess."

Hearing this causes Twilight's to breathe a sigh in relief that everything worked out in the end. But then nervously grinned when remembered that Princess Celestia is right behind.

“What is he talking about, Twilight?” Princess Celestia asked her confused of what he was talking about.

“It’s a long story.” Twilight nervously replied with a giggle as she grinned at her as Prince Rutherford grabbed her so he can give her a big tight hug.

"Yaks thank you for scaring yaks straight. Help yaks see how out of line yaks were. Help stop yaks from making huge mistake that yaks would have regretted. And you pony princess are a great princess even better than Midnight!" Prince Rutherford gratefully thanked her for knocking sense into her.

"I'm just glad we were able to work things out in the end." Twilight responded as she thought nothing of it as she was released from the hug.

"Ponies and yaks... friends?" Prince Rutherford asked Pinkie hopefully.

"For a thousand moons?" Pinkie also asked hopefully.

"For a thousand moons!" Prince Rutherford confirmed

Everypony cheered happily hearing this as they all exclaim “Yes.” In a victorious and celebratory manner.

"I am very impressed, princess." Princess Celestia complimented Twilight.

“Just doing my best to spread friendship.” Twilight nervously giggled in her reply.

“And you did a wonderful job. You and your friends.” Princess Celestia further commended.

“Yeah.” Twilight absentmindedly agreed as she looked on at the celebration. “I guess it wasn’t such a bad thing that I briefly turned into Midnight and told them off when they threaten to declare war after all.”

“You did what?!” Celestia spoke in surprised shock hearing this come out of her mouth.

“Oops.” Twilight sheepishly spoke as she place a hoof over her mouth after realizing she said that out loud. “Well at least they had sense knocked into them to pave way for a stronger friendship to come.” She then added with a giggle as Celestia looks at her dismayed for a bit that she actually turned into her evil counterpart in the heat of the moment before lighting up when she could tell she was trying her hardest to be polite and reasonable with them up until that point and did make amends with them immediately afterwards.

"And yaks thank Pink pony for party. You understand yaks now."

"Aww, come here, you!" Pinkie Pie hugged the prince, but then stopped when he didn't hug back thinking that he is not a hugger. But to her surprise he hugged her back tightly moreso than Pinkie’s hugs.

"Wow! Too strong! Okay, okay, okay!" She exclaimed in surprise and amazement at the yak princes’ strength and soft side.

Friendship even with ups and downs like today always prevail in the end as Twilight had successfully managed to form a friendship with the yaks while preventing a war from breaking out even if she did turn into villainous counterpart in the heat of the moment. For Twilight it was another win and major step taken in overcoming and emerging from the shadow of Midnight Sparkle towards her path to redemption.

Author's Note:

In this chapter we have Twilight like in canon trying her hardest to keep herself calm and collected in dealing with the Yaks visit to Ponyville even when they rampage just because something wasn't perfect and to their liking up until they declared war on Ponyville.

Twilight was barely able to keep herself from losing it in this episode up until Prince Rutherford unfavorably compared her to her villainous self Midnight Sparkle which led to her turning into her Midnight form in the heat of the moment as she hits her Rage Breaking Point and tells them off their behavior.

In her mind, Twilight was trying to take the next big step in her redemption by spreading friendship to Yakyakistan which proved very difficult with the Yaks destroying things just because it wasn't perfect and was trying her hardest in tolerating it up until the Prince went as far as pressing her Berserk Button as being compared to Midnight is a really sore spot for her as she is trying to prove that she is not like her evil counterpart and has done nothing but trying to please them from the start.

Which lead to Twilight even though she stopped a war before it even happened, feel remorseful herself as she turned to Midnight in the heat of the moment and feeling like because of it (even though they don't harbor any ill feelings towards her for knocking sense into them) she will never be able to escape Midnight's shadow and be forever remembered as the pony who is willing to resort to ruthless and extreme measures to get what she want's in taking over Equestria. At least up until they made amends in the end.

Next up on the agenda is an episode focusing solely on Starlight Glimmer after her defeat in the Season 5 opener as she swears vengeance on Twilight Sparkle for exposing her and destroying her control over her hometown followed by "Amending Fences." as we focus on how much Twilight's actions affected her Canterlot friends more specifically Moon dancer.

PreviousChapters Next