• Published 27th Feb 2020
  • 4,427 Views, 207 Comments

Light and Dark: Road to Redemption - MXCDarkHorse2020



Twilight Sparkle, now the Princess of Friendship, focuses on proving to everypony through the adventures of Season 5 of Friendship is Magic onwards that she truly has redeemed herself for her past actions as Midnight Sparkle.

  • ...
9
 207
 4,427

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34: Rainbow Rocks Part Three

Chapter 34:

Rainbow Rocks Part Three

Next up, in the auditorium is the Dazzlings themselves as they perform their musical number.

“Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

You didn't know that you fell

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh.”

The Dazzlings sang together.

“Now that you're under our spell

Blindsided by the beat

Clapping your hands, stomping your feet

You didn't know that you fell.”

Adagio sang while subtly meant nearly everyone is under their spell.

“Oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh.”

Aria and Sonata sang.

“Now you've fallen under our spell.”

Adagio sang.

“Oh-whoa-oh-oh-oh.”

Aria and Sonata sang.

“We've got the music, makes you move it

Got the song that makes you lose it

We say "jump", you say "how high?"

Put your hands up to the sky

We've got the music, makes you move it

Got the song that makes you lose it

We say "jump", you say "how high?"

Put your hands up to the sky

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

You didn't know that you fell

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Now that you're under our spell.”

The girls all sang together as Celestia and Luna are loving and listening to the tune while Twilight still struggles to come up with the spell that will work in time.

“Listen to the sound of my voice.”

Adagio sang.

“Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh.”

Aria and Sonata sang.

“Soon you'll find you don't have a choice.”

Adagio sang as the students lovingly shake their heads to the beat.

“Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh.”

Aria and Sonata sang.

“Captured in the web of my song.”

Adagio sang.

“Oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh.”

Aria and Sonata sang.

“Soon you'll all be singing along.”

Adagio sang.

“Oh, whoa, oh.”

Aria and Sonata sang.

“We've got the music, makes you move it

Got the song that makes you lose it

We say "jump", you say "how high?"

Put your hands up to the sky.”

The girls sang as the Mane Five start to argue amongst each other while Twilight still struggles to create the counter-spell while Sunset is still letting the Dazzlings words get to her while Starlight can only stand by in the neutral party in this matter.

“We've got the music, makes you move it

Got the song that makes you lose it

We say "jump", you say "how high?"

Put your hands up to the sky

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

You didn't know that you fell

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Now that you're under our spell

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

You didn't know that you fell

Oh-whoa-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Now that you're under our spell.”

The Dazzlings all sang together as their song came to an end with Adagio sinisterly laughing as more green smoke brews over the gym by the time everyone regroups the semi-finals have just arrived after multiple performances.

“This is it! Last round and you're in the finals!” Sunset encouragingly told the Mane Six. “Unless you think the counter-spell is ready to be played now.” She then told Twilight hoping she has the answer down by now to which Twilight looks aside sadly still not having the solution they need.

“Don't worry, Twilight. Finals aren't until tonight. We'll get in a little more practice before we're supposed to hit the stage. We won't let you down!” Applejack assured her she still has time as the rest of the Mane Five spoke in agreement.

“You won't let me down...” Twilight replied still downcast to which Sunset and Starlight took notice of.

“Um, I was just wondering. We haven't played any of my songs yet, and...” Fluttershy again pleaded with her friends to play one of her songs in the upcoming performances.

“It's the semifinals. We gotta do "Awesome As I Wanna Be".” Rainbow Dash again refused to let her as she lightly shoulder-punched her.

“Don't know why I even asked...” Fluttershy disappointingly spoke being blown off again as Trixie and her band .

“ ...I got tricks up my sleeve

See me dominate

'Cause I'm powerful and grea-ea-eat!”

Trixie sang as the crowd cheered for them even earning applause from Celestia and Luna.

“Fantastic!” Celestia complimented with a giggle.

“Just as much as back in Ponyville.” Starlight couldn’t help but feel impressed by her.

“Hmph. You're never gonna top that performance, "Rain-goons". You shouldn't be allowed to when you have such a big advantage over the rest of us.” Trixie smugly taunted said band group.

“My superior guitar playing and off-the-charts awesome singing voice?” Rainbow proudly retorted.

“Oh, don't be ridiculous. I mean her!” Trixie meant she was referring to Twilight who just places a hand on the back of her neck embarrassed by that statement. “If you were really all that, Rainbow Dash, you wouldn't have needed to bring in some magical ringer to have half a chance. Everyone's talking about it.” Trixie further spoke her mind as she admired her nails.

“Ha! Puh-leeze! I could win this thing as a solo act and everybody knows it!” Rainbow responded unfazed by Trixie’s comments about Twilight while annoying the Mane Five with their friend’s oversized ego.

“Sure you could.” Trixie scoffed as she used a smoke bomb to disappear leaving the other to cough as the smoke clears up.

“She's gone!” Pinkie exclaimed in surprise before spotting her hiding behind the drums. “Oh, wait. There she is.” To which Trixie quickly for real takes off.

“Next up, the Rainbooms.” Principal Celestia announced as the Mane Six once again make their way back up to the stage.

“Knock 'em dead, Rainbooms!” Spike encouragingly told them in their direction.

“Rock the competition.” Starlight also told them in the same tone.

“I'll be here... just... watching.” Sunset waved them off in support while secretly feeling downcast again.

“Please remember what I said earlier.” Starlight again tried to assure to which isn’t helping Sunset’s mood. “The Dazzlings are just trying to bait you into doing something you’ll regret later on and you are just as valuable to your friends no matter how big or small your role of help is.”

“Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!”

The Rainbooms sang.

“Awesome as I wanna be.”

Rainbow sang

“Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!”

The Rainbooms sang.

“Awesome as I wanna be.”

Rainbow sang before continuing her solo number.

“First you see me riding on a sonic boom

Got my guitar shreddin' up my latest tune

There is nothin' you can do to beat me

I'm so good that you can't defeat me.”

Rainbow sang as she played her guitar and danced in front of Twilight who is doing nothing but standing in front of one of the microphones.

“Yeah, I'm awesome, take caution

Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be

(Yeah!) I'm awesome, take caution

Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be.”

Rainbow sang her solo as all of the spotlights focus on her.

“Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!”

The girls all sang together as Rainbow plays her guitar as Sunset looks on worried seeing that Rainbow is starting to break playing under the radar rules as magic starts to form on her ears.

Before Sunset could tackle Rainbow, she finds herself restrained by Starlight who quickly pulls on one of the curtain strings to quickly pull down the curtains so that nobody sees Rainbow blowing her cover.

When this happened everyone wonders what happened as the curtain abruptly stops their performance as Sunset pulls the curtains back up once Rainbow’s ears weren’t glowing anymore.

Unfortunately all eyes were on Sunset when she was caught fiddling with the curtains leading to everyone in the audience jeering at her.

“Now that's the bad girl we love to hate!” Flash automatically accused.

“I knew she was still trouble!” Octavia also joined in.

“The real Sunset Shimmer is back!” Another male student added.

“No. It isn't like that.” Sunset pleaded with the audience to no avail as she and the Mane Six walk off stage seeing their performance is over.

“What was that?!” Rainbow angrily called her out on that as she, Applejack, Pinkie, and Rarity all glare at her.

“You were showing them your magic. I-I didn't know what else to do.” Sunset apologetically stammered.

“Ugh. How about maybe by giving us a chance to deal with the situation?” Rarity retorted.

“And what if you all didn’t.” Starlight retorted immediately standing in front of Sunset in her defense while calling out Rainbow back. “Since it was your own idea to decide to go one hundred and twenty percent all in on showing of your talents to which all eyes could have seen if we hadn’t intervened.”

“I'm sorry, I just wanted to help.” Sunset could only apologize for thinking of a better solution.

“Yeah, well, you didn't.” Rainbow coldly refused to accept her apology.

“Well excuse us from stopping you from blowing your own cover considering dropping the curtain was my idea!” Starlight angrily fired back at the ungratefulness Rainbow was showing. "At least this is better compared to exposing yourself before all eyes and ears to see."

“And to add the fact that none of this would've happened if you weren't tryin' to show off – as usual.” Applejack added in Sunset's defense while getting in the blue skinned girl's face as they glare at each other ready to get at each other’s throats.

“Good show, "Rain-brooms".” Trixie sarcastically complimented. “I especially liked the part where Sunset Shimmer, in a fit of jealous rage, pulled down the curtains on Rainbow Dash mid-guitar solo!” Hearing this sparks anger in Sunset hearing that.

“It wasn't a fit of jealous rage!” Sunset angrily retorted with a blush and yelled in her face causing Trixie to cower in fear until she quickly recomposed herself when seeing her friends look aside awkwardly given that responding like is this is not helping her case.

“If you say so.” Trixie said as she regained her smug attitude. “Ooh! Looks like they've already decided who'll be moving on to the finals!” She noted as both Celestia and Luna walked up to the stage with their decision made. “I'm guessing it wasn't too difficult a decision.” Trixie then said as she looked herself in her tiny mirror as the Dazzlings all sing with their pendants glowing as they circle around the two principals to which Sunset and Starlight take notice off seeing that the girls are sinking the two under their trace. Even Twilight who was mostly distracted her own worries took notice seeing the girls are manipulating Celestia and Luna with their magical words and music.

“What can we do? There isn't gonna be another opportunity for us to play. And I had the most gorgeous outfit for the finals!” Rarity exclaimed seeing her fashion opportunities have been squandered.

“Yup, 'cause that's the real tragedy here, Rarity” Applejack commented now at the end of her patience with her. “That you won't get to play dress-up!”

“You know perfectly well that is not what I meant!” Rarity quickly got up in Applejack’s face.

“You guys wanna keep it down?” Rainbow quickly broke up their argument. “They're about to announce who's moving on.”

“Who are you kidding? You know it isn't gonna be us.” Fluttershy pointed out the decision is clear now as the two principals walk up onto the stage.

“The band that will be joining the Dazzlings in tonight's finals... The Rainbooms!” Principal Celestia announced.

“What?!” Trixie exclaimed in shock.

“Huh?” The Mane Five said in surprise while Twilight, Sunset, and Starlight are the only ones who doesn’t look surprised knowing the Dazzlings are behind that as they eye the devious trio in question.

“Did they just say, "the Rainbooms"?!” Pinkie asked just as surprised.

“This isn't over!” Trixie angrily stormed off as the Mane Six all walk up to the stage.

“Congratulations, girls. You deserve it.” Principal Celestia commended them.

“Seriously?! We didn't even finish our—!” Pinkie still expressed her confusion over all this before being quickly silenced by Rainbow Dash’s nudge to the shoulder as the Dazzlings walk onto the stage.

“See you at tonight's big show, Rainbooms. We are really looking forward to it.” Adagio told their competitors before making their leave to which earned them glares of contempt from Twilight, Starlight, and Sunset.

“Yeah, well... not as much as we are!” Rainbow tried to retort in their direction before being jeered and booed at by the crowd.

“Zis never should haf been you, Rainbooms!” Photo Finish yelled out as all of the girls walk off of the stage in shame before leaving.


Later that afternoon everyone makes their way to the outside stage to prepare for their performance.

"Hold up!" Twilight spoke up before they all got up onto the stage by walking in front of everybody's way. "Before we got up onto that stage. We need to stop and think about this. Those Dazzlings did something to influence your principals into making you girls the finalists."

"So what are you saying?" Applejack asked. "That this here's a trap?"

"Yes." Twilight confirmed with a nod. "I mean they have to have known by now at this point." Twilight further explained. "So I'm thinking we better treat this with caution because they might have arranged for somebody to help them out with this. So be on the lookout for them because masterminds setting up traps can catch you off-guard on way or the other."

"Question is what kind of trap have they laid out and who they hired to do their dirty work?" Starlight wondered as they made their way onto the stage.

“Check, one, two. Testing, testing...Testing...!” Rainbow checked out the microphone as she tapped the microphone to which Starlight quickly helps out by deliberately turning on the volume at full power to which Rainbow and everyone felt a large feedback due to the full volume to which Starlight smirks at Rainbow’s direction before turning the volume back off.

“This doesn't make any sense. We were awful. Doesn't anybody else think it's strange that we're the ones that made it to the finals?” Fluttershy brought up but before any of the three girls who know how it happened could explain Trixie showed up again with her band members as back-up.

“Very strange.” Trixie angrily frowned at all nine on the stage.

“What are you doing here, Trixie?” Rainbow Dash asked very annoyed with her. “Pretty sure the losers are supposed to be up there in the cheap seats.”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie is the most talented girl at Canterlot High. It is I who deserves to be in the finals. And I will not be denied!” Trixie furiously stood her ground as she snapped her fingers for her band members to pull a lever to which everyone but Twilight, Sunset, and Starlight fell under the stage to which they quickly jump out of the way and then quickly escape along with Spike who leaps up into Twilight’s arms as they run off.

“See you never!” Trixie evilly gloated to both the prisoners and the escapees as she closes the trap door and locks the trap door shut.


Once the four all make it somewhere safe just outside of school grounds they all stop to catch their breath so they can register what had just happened.

“Well, talk about poor sportsmanship and this coming from her human counterpart." Starlight commented in disgust with Trixie’s human counterpart. “And I thought being back stabbed by her was bad enough.”

“This was the Dazzlings plan all along.” Sunset spoke up as she pieced everything together. “They manipulated Celestia and Luna into making the Rainbooms the finalists and then used Trixie as a pawn to trap them underground to keep us from performing the counter-spell against them.”

“Maybe it doesn't even matter that we were trapped down there or not.” Twilight could only say sounding completely downcast with all hope lost. “I don't think the counter-spell would have worked anyway.”

“But Twilight.” Spike spoke up. “You always figure something out no problem.” He tried to assure her to no avail.

“But why wasn't it working? I should know what to do. How could I not know what to do? How could I have failed like this?” Twilight wondered as she slumped back down onto the ground upset with herself.

“But it’s not your fault, Twilight.” Starlight tried to assure her. “The Dazzlings are also playing the game and so far having been staying one step ahead at every turn. We just haven’t figured out how to turn this against them yet.”

“But I still should have seen this coming.” Twilight responded not convinced as she realizes what the Dazzlings are after. “I can't believe all this tension was happening right under my nose and I didn't realize it by trying and struggling to come with the perfect counter-spell. I'm supposed to be the one with all the answers. And all I've done since I got here is let you down.” She then said still feeling upset with herself as she buried her face.

“I don't think anyone is supposed to have all the answers.” Sunset decided to take a turn comforting Twilight. “But you can count on your friends to help you find them.”

“Of course.” Twilight then thought as she stood up with a now confident smile. “And I think I have also figured out what they are after. The Magic of Friendship.” She realized. “Because of our friends arguing over little things the Dazzlings are taking advantage of it by feeding off of it and turning it against everyone into their advantage.”

“Ever since they started the band.” Sunset also brought up with the same realization. “Of course.”

“So question is how do we rescue our friends.” Spike asked.

“We’ll wait under after it gets dark then when it is the Dazzlings turn to perform while secretly seek by and free them from the only way out.” Twilight told them the plan.

“Now that’s the former mastermind and teacher I look up too!” Starlight commended Twilight with her newfound spirit as she punches her in the arm to which she doesn’t show much reaction to other than blushing hearing that compliment from her student.


Later that night they watch as Trixie and her band perform their music on stage before secretly and stealthily sneaking their way to the door containing their friends where they hear them arguing as they have no way out since the door is locked from inside.

“It might've been your idea to start a band, but it's not just your band, Rainbow Dash!” Applejack yelled at Rainbow.

“I'm the one who writes all the songs!” Rainbow argued back.

“I write songs! You just never let us play any of them!” Fluttershy voiced her input as she argued against Rainbow Dash.

“I had the most perfect outfits for us to wear!” Rarity spoke up while voicing her objections.

“Again with the costumes! No one cares what we're wearin'!” Applejack again yelled at Rarity.

“I care, Applejack! So sorry if I enjoy trying to make a creative contribution to the band!” Rarity yelled back.

“Hey! Anybody here remember fun?! I'll give you a hint: It's the exact opposite of being in the Rainbooms!” Pinkie then exclaimed in anger.

“I wish I never asked any of you to be in my band!” Rainbow also yelled in anger.

“I wish I'd never agreed to be in it!” Rarity also angrily shouted.

“Me neither!” Applejack and Fluttershy also both said in unison.

“Enough! Girls!” Sunset called out to them.

“Sunset!” The girls all exclaimed in unison happy to hear the rescue party is here.

“Yes and you girls need to stop arguing. Don’t you all see what this is doing?” Sunset wasted no time in the sudden reunion to call them out. “This is what they've been after all along! They're feeding off of the magic inside you!”

“How can they be using our magic? It's the magic of friendship.” Applejack asked in confusion.

“Ever since you started this band, you've been letting little things get to you.” Sunset then explained. “I never said anything 'cause I didn't feel like it was my place. Not when I was so new to this whole "friendship" thing. I still have a lot to learn. But I do know that if you don't work out even the smallest problems right at the start, the magic of friendship can be turned into something else.” She then encouraged them to stop arguing as Twilight thanks to a hairpin Vinyl provided her unlocks the door.

Once the door was unlocked all of the girls all embraced each other in a group hug.

“But how isn’t she under their spell.” Applejack questioned.

“Never takes off her headphones.” Spike answered as Vinyl gives Twilight, Starlight, Sunset, Spike, and the Mane Five the thumbs to encourage them to do well in their performance.

“Come on, y'all!” Applejack told everypony. “Time to prove we've still got the magic of friendship inside us!”

“And there's only one way to do it!” Twilight confidently told them.

“We're getting the band back together?” Pinkie happily asked.

“We're getting our band back together!” Rainbow Dash confirmed much to Pinkie’s excitement.

“Ooh, which version of the counter-spell are we going to play?” Rarity asked.

“I don't think it matters what song we play, as long as we play it together as friends.” Twilight replied.

“I know just the song." Rainbow brought up leaving the meek and shygirl downcast yet again until he added... "Fluttershy's written a really great one.” Fluttershy squeed in delight seeing that Rainbow is finally opening up and letting her choose the song they are going to play.

“We're about to save the world here. Personally, I think we should do it in style. Rarity?” Applejack decided to open up to Rarity’s taste for fashion.

“I thought you'd never ask!” Rarity eagerly replied as she pulled out a rack of dresses on hand.

“Even in this world, Rarity still has her wardrobe on hand.” Starlight commented to Twilight who rolls her eyes in agreement.

“Something that both worlds have in common.” Twilight could only say as they focus with Vinyl of how to go on their new plan.


By the time the girls are all dressed in new dresses they are all standing up on top of the nearby hill from a distance watching as the Dazzlings all perform their song.

“Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah.”

The Dazzlings began their song.

“Welcome to the show.”

Adagio sang.

“Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah.”

Sonata and Aria sang.

“We're here to let you know.”

Adagio sang.

“Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah.”

Sonata and Aria sang.

“Our time is now.”

Adagio sang.

“Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah.”

Sonata and Aria sang.

“Your time is running out.

Ah, ah, ah

Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah...”

The Dazzlings sang together.

“How are we supposed to play over them from up here?” Rainbow questioned as a car horn nearby honks with Vinyl driving up next to Starlight and Sunset and transforming her car into a stereo for the girls to use to which the girls all cheered in excitement.

“Awesome!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Sweet!”” Rainbow exclaimed.

“Way ahead of you, Rainbow Dash!” Twilight told them with a smile to let them know she is now a step ahead of the Dazzlings this time around.

“Feel the wave of sound

As it crashes down

You can't turn away

We'll make you wanna sta-a-a-ay.”

The girls all sang together as their pendants released a bright flash of light and the trio found themselves lifted up into the air.

“We will be adored

Tell us that you want us

We won't be ignored

It's time for our reward.”

The girls sang as they gained the pony tail and ears transformations mid-song.

“Now you need us

Come and heed us

Nothing can stop us now.”

The girls sang as they sprouted pairs of wings as the Rainbooms started playing their song.

“Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh

I've got the music in me

Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh."

The Mane Six all sang together to begin their song.

“Don't need to hear a crowd

Cheering out my name

I didn't come here seeking

Infamy or fame.”

Twilight sang on her own.

“The one and only thing

That I am here to bring

Is music, is the music

Is the music in my soul.”

The girls then sang as the song is working as everybody is snapping out from the Dazzling's control and cheering them on.

“Gonna break out (Out!)

Set myself free, yeah

Let it all go (Go!)

Just let it be, yeah.”

The girls sang as their transformations started taking place.

“Find the music in your heart

Let the music make you start

To set yourself apart.”

The girls sang as Adagio watches on unfazed by this turn of events.

“So the Rainbooms want to turn this into a real Battle of the Bands? Then let's battle!” Adagio confidently expressed as they turn this song into a two band song.

“What we have in store (ah-ah)

All we want and more (ah-ah)

We will break on through (ah-ah)

Now it's time to finish you!”

The Dazzlings sang as they eyes glowed red and seem to be drawing the crowd while releasing the Sirens spirits back from their hearts who then circle around everyone on the hill but the magic of friendship is so far holding them off until the Sirens begin overwhelming causing Twilight to drop the microphone onto the ground and roll to Starlight and Sunset with the latter looking on uncertain whether to intervene or not like last time.

“Sunset Shimmer, we need you!” Twilight called out to her pleading for help. Seeing that it is time for her to face the music after a moment of hesitation she moved to step forward in front of the girls ready to sing. Before beginning to she took off her jacket as Vinyl starts up another beat.

“You're never gonna bring me down

You're never gonna break this part of me

My friends are here to bring me 'round

Not singing just for popularity.”

Sunset sang as she helps Twilight to her feet as the Dazzling's express confusion over this.

“We're here to let you know

That we won't let it go.”

Sunset and Twilight both sang together as the latter stood up.

“Our music is a bomb and it's about to blow

And you can try to fight

But we have got the light of

Friendship on our side!”

The two girls sang as the Mane Five all join in.

“Got the music in our hearts

We're here to blow this thing apart

And together, we will never

Be afraid of the dark.”

The girls all sang as Starlight and Spike all dance to the beat while the rainbow magic is now working and snapping everyone out from the Dazzling's control.

“Here to sing our song out loud

Get you dancing with the crowd

As the music of our friendship

Survives, survives!”

The girls all sang as Sunset undergoes the ponytail and ear transformation.

“Got the music in our hearts

We're here to blow this thing apart

And together, we will never

Be afraid of the dark.”

The girls all sang as they are all lifted into the air with a powerful magic beam of energy shooting up into the sky turning into a ball of energy with wings with everybody now dancing to the Rainbooms tune and beat much to the Dazzling's dismay.

“Here to sing our song out loud

Get you dancing with the crowd

As the music of our friendship

Survives, survives, survives!”

The girls song concluded as the spirit turned into an alicorn who sends a beam of magic to destroy the sirens and the pendants the Dazzling held around their necks.

We will be adored

Tell us that you want us

We won't be ignored

It's time for our reward...”

The Dazzling's desperately tried to sing but without their special magic their talents have been reduced to off-key singing to which is met with boos and jeers from the audience before being chased off of the stage with fruit and vegetables being thrown at their direction.

“Guess that explains why these were so special to them.” Sunset figured as she picked up a piece of one of the broken pendants when she and the other girls all walked up onto the stage.

“Without those pendants and the magic you brought here from Equestria, they're just three harmless teenage girls.” Twilight also deduced from her analysis.

“Rainbooms rule! That was amazing!” Flash called out as he hugged Twilight now that he is no longer under the Dazzling's spell to which she blushed a little while the rest of her friends giggle at this adorable moment as the two blush together during their embrace until Trixie rudely ruined their moment.

“You may have vanquished the Dazzling's, but you will never have the amazing, show-stopping ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie!” Trixie bitterly declared with another smoke bomb on hand as she makes her leave through the hard to see smoke.

“She's gone!” Pinkie exclaimed before spotting her making her escape from the bleachers. “Oh, wait. There she is.” She pointed out as Trixie lost her balance and fell over.

“Trixie's okay!” Trixie exclaimed from afar.

“Well at least that’s one thing I’m not going to miss.” Starlight commented in annoyance. “And I seriously thought the one in Equestria is annoying.” She told Twilight who nodded in agreement.

“You know, Twilight is going back to Equestria soon. The Rainbooms could really use someone to help Fluttershy on backup vocals.” Rainbow proposed an offer to Sunset who had already grabbed a nearby guitar to play a riff rather flawlessly much to the Mane Five’s astonishment.

“I also play guitar.” Sunset explained.

“Impressive!” Starlight commented.

“We'll see.” Rainbow humbly accepted as all of the girls embrace Sunset for another group hug.

At that moment they heard a voice call out to them.

“Twilight Sparkle! Starlight Glimmer!”

“Princess Luna?” Twilight spoke in surprise upon seeing her here.

“Twilight Sparkle! Starlight Glimmer...!” Princess Luna spoke as she appeared with an expression of distress and urgency.

“Princess Luna, where are you?” Starlight also spoke just as surprised as said pony appears before them much to the human Mane Five surprise while struggling to hang onto the moon.

“Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, there is no time! You must get help!” Princess Luna cried out to them.

“What? What are you talking about?” Twilight asked in confusion and alarm of why she is acting this way.

“This is another world?” Starlight brought up in the same tone.

“Not here! In Equestria!” Luna quickly pointed out as she struggled to hold on. “They've taken my sister and I! It's worse than the last time! I was barely able to escape with them hot on my trail just to find you two! Now you two must find help!”

“What are you saying?!” Twilight asked now sounding more alarmed than before.

“Who's taken you?! “ Starlight asked just as alarmed as Twilight.

“Be careful who you trust! You need all the help you can find! The changelings have returned and…” Princess Luna warned her as said changelings appear and grab ahold of her before dragging her off horrifying everyone who just saw it.

“Princess Luna!” Twilight and Starlight cried out in complete horror.

“They're back!” They both said in unison as Twilight starts sweating while completely alarmed by what she had just saw.

Author's Note:

In the third and final part of Rainbow Rocks, the heroes all deal with the Dazzlings as they set up the Rainbooms to be trapped under the stage after manipulating Celestia and Luna through their singing voices and hiring Trixie to help them.

Because Twilight is so focused and stressed out in trying to figure out the counter spell she could only stress that things are not getting better because she feels the pressure of seeing everyone depend on her all the time. It took her friends encouragement to snap her out of it which all leads up to the showdown with them against the Dazzlings.

Starlight in this trilogy, while still not easy about stepping up to leadership is still there to stand by the girl's side to help them out when came up with an alternate way to stop Rainbow from exposing herself along with trying to comfort both Twilight and Sunburst when they need it.

With the Dazzlings defeated, the victory is short-lived as Princess Luna alerts Twilight and Starlight that the changelings are back and have just taken her and Princess Celestia setting this cliffhanger up for the season 6 finale. "Where and Back Again."

So stayed tuned and be ready for tomorrow because this is where the surprises you've all been wondering kick in.

PreviousChapters Next