• Published 15th Jan 2020
  • 4,650 Views, 169 Comments

Hero from Tartarus - Sollys



Instead of being forgiven for her crimes against the Equestrian Princess, Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer is sentenced to a lifetime in Tartarus. But when trouble rises in Equestria, Twilight Sparkle and her friends come to an unlikely solution.

  • ...
8
 169
 4,650

To Execute

Twilight dashed through the castle's hallways. She was still in Canterlot, and what ponies say about the press there is true. They wouldn’t give up a good story for nothing, and Twilight could not catch a break. Word had spread quickly of Sunset’s sentencing to Tartarus, and everypony wanted to know as much as possible about the case.

Turning a corner, Twilight dove into an old storage room that was unguarded, hoping the press ponies wouldn’t pay too much attention to the room. The princess held her ear to the door and listened closely, hearing them run by the door and shouting her name. Letting out a sigh of relief Twilight slid against the door and sat on the floor, exhausted.

“That bad, huh?” A voice came out from the darkness, causing the alicorn to spring up with a yelp.

Twilight stood in a defensive pose, “Who’s there?” she asked.

The lights suddenly turned on, and the voice revealed himself to be none other than Discord. He sat on a pile of old boxes, smirking at the princess coyly, to which Twilight just sighed and dropped her defensive stance.

Settling down once more, Twilight asked, “Discord, what are you doing in the storage room?”

Discord let out a chuckle and smiled innocently. “I simply enjoy the view of dusty boxes and old artifacts dear.” Sliding off his ‘throne’ of boxes, Discord moved closer to Twilight. “Those press ponies are really eating up this new villain hmm?”

Twilight frowned at him, ruffling her wings a bit. “Sunset Shimmer did do a lot of bad things, but it was a mistake for her to be sent to Tartarus.” Twilight remembered the helpless look on Sunset’s face when she received her sentencing, a look of despair and desperation. Twilight closed her eyes and looked down, “A big one.”

Discord watched the alicorn sulk to herself, and spoke up after a few minutes. “Do you agree with Celestia?”

Twilight looked up at him with confusion. “What?”

“Not that I was eavesdropping or anything but,” Discord let out a nervous chuckle, sliding a little closer to Twilight. “A little birdie told me that Celestia doesn’t think you’ll be able to bring her back.

“Discord!” She yelled. “That was supposed to be a private conversation between me and the Princess, we were in her room! How did you even hear anything?”

He backed up from the furious alicorn with his hands held up in front of him. “Press ponies aren’t the only creatures curious about what happened recently. I have my ways!”

Twilight looked incredulously at Discord. She opened her mouth to lecture him about the importance of respecting ponies' conversations and space, however she sighed and looked down at the marbled floor beneath her instead.

“I’m going to get Sunset out of there, even if it means getting in trouble on the way.” Twilight lifted her head, locking her determined eyes with Discord.

Discord grinned at her determined look, and said, “So, may I ask,” His grin grew larger. “What is your plan to get Sunset Shimmer out of Tartarus, Twilight Sparkle?”


“Twilight, are you sure this is a good idea?”

Twilight ran around the halls of the castle, grabbing whatever she thought necessary she may need on the trip to Tartarus. She knew even if she asked her friends not to follow her to certain trouble, they would follow along and stick by her side no matter what.

“I’m sure Applejack.” She responded firmly. “I should have known long before I came back to Equestria that I was making a mistake, and now I fear it may be too late to fix it.”

The girls glanced at each other before nodding, putting on their saddlebags and smiling.

Rainbow gave Twilight a cautious look and said, “Sunset Shimmer has given you a lot of trouble Twilight,” At the comment Twilight’s confidence faltered slightly. Rainbow Dash hovered in the air and cast Twilight a smile. “But if you think this is the right thing to do, then you know we’ll have your back!” The rest of their ponies voiced their agreement, also giving Twilight large encouraging smiles.

The Princess of Friendship reciprocated their smiles and looked down at Spike, who only shared the same encouraging look as the rest of her friends. “Thank you everypony. I’m not sure what I’d do without you girls.”

Applejack nodded with a smile. “Sure thing Twilight.” She pointed to a scroll that Twilight had shoved her bag and said, “Is that your plan on getting Sunset Shimmer out?”

Twilight nodded. “It isn’t much of a solid plan, but I know this will help us open the doors to Tartarus at least, we can figure the rest from there.”

“Well then, what are we waiting for darling? Let’s go save Sunset Shimmer!” Rarity exclaimed.


Twilight Sparkle was too friendly, too smart for her own good, Discord thought to himself. After just pausing for a moment she was able to think up a plan to have Sunset Shimmer rescued from the hellish depths of Tarturus. Well if she could even call it a proper plan.

After blabbing her idea and running out of the closet room in a hurry to tell her friends, Discord grinned to himself. If the plan he and others had was going to happen, it would happen today, then and now. With a snap of a finger and a poof of shimmering dust, he appeared in the small camp the League of Villains had occupied.

“Discord?” Chrysalis began, slightly shocked and annoyed at his sudden appearance. “What is it?”

The other villains had begun to gather around the Lord of Chaos as he summoned himself a cup of tea. He sipped on it and grinned as they all looked at him with annoyed and expectant faces.

“Well?!” Cozy Glow practically screeched, not in the mood for Discord’s games.

Snapping his fingers, Discord made their campsite disappear with a smile. “If we are going to execute our plan, there is no better time than the present.”

Author's Note:

I don't know where I am going with this, I'm just writing at this point. So, if you have any suggestions on continuing this, let me know.

Peace

Comments ( 23 )

Twilight frowned at him, ruffling her wings a bit. “Sunset Shimmer did do a lot of bad things, but it was a mistake for her to be sent to Tartarus.” Twilight remembered the helpless look on Sunset’s face when she received her sentencing, a look of despair and desperation. Twilight closed her eyes and looked down, “A big one.”

Why?

Snapping his fingers, Discord made their campsite disappear with a smile. “If we are going to execute our plan, there is no better time than the present.”

What plan?

It would seem that we have been blessed with a new chapter, and a great one at that.
:pinkiehappy:

Wow I thought that this was over and done with I'm so happy to see it isn't, if you want and idea I think Sunset should be injured or perhaps killed by the villains then brought back to save everyone.

11657105
Well.... if sending Sunset to Tartarus, then not sending Luna, Starlight and Tempest to Tartarus should be considered mistakes.

Are you thinking of giving up on the story. I do have an idea.

11657722
I wouldnt say giving up, I know general direction of where this story will go, and how it will end, just need to think of ideas on how to get there.

Well ilove to see Luna and Celestia strip of their powers to move the Sun and Moon, being not as important the nobles could then take over, and imprison Luna for her past crimes.
Momnet Shining tries to stop it strip him of his title and imprison him as well, see how he likes it.

11657414
You know after Twilight figure out how to get sunset out of her predicament. She is going to try her hardest to make sure Tempest and Starlight don't suffer the same fate. Also If Starlight and Tempest do show up in this story do you want them to be sent to tartarus as well. Especially Tempest because she almost indirectly killed luna.

11660043
Honestly, I’d be ok with that. It would make sense. Especially when you realize they put a filly in Tartarus.

11658520
If they’re going to imprison her for past crimes wouldn’t there be riots. Wouldn’t they also have to do that to future villains as well?

11660049
It's also funny how people usually put all the blame on Celestia for what happened to Sunset and Luna. Also I think the only reason why Luna wasn't punish is because she was kinda already had her punishment by being stuck on the moon for 1000 years and also because of the fact that she was still tenacity a princess and she also Celestia sister. Also you said yourself that out of the redeemed characters Tempest deserves her punishment the least due to having the most justify reason of being evil and she also helped take down the storm king. Then again the only reason why she helped take down the storm king was when she found out that the storm king lied to her and betrayed her and if that never happened and the storm king did give Tempest what he promised then Tempest might have still been evil.

11660073
I find a lot of things about the fandom funny do you’re not alone on that one. As for luna I feel like it was less about her being a princess and more to do with the fact that some people tend to see luna and nightmare moon as different ponies. Honestly, I feel like tempest is a complicated case. Yes, she had a tragic backstory, but she didn’t have any remorse for what she did. So while I do feel like she deserved her punishment the most I also wouldn’t blame them for putting her in Tartarus.

11660091
Also about the cosy glow situation people are also say that they went to far with chrysalis and tirek by turning them to stone along with her. I think Tirek and Chrysalis cases they were justified there after every thing those to have done especially when Chrysalis almost ripped Spike's wings off.

11660056
What Riots? I'm sure the Nobles would love to do it.

11660104
Honestly, them Turning her to stone made me question their morality.

11660113
I mean the citizens.

11660104
It's apporite. I'm not sorry.

Cozy drained all the magic from Equestria before, and held no guilt.
Since this is a kids cartoon nothing really bad happened.
But if it was more hard core or detailed, we would seen Cloud Ville falling out of the sjy and pegsai falling screaming to their deaths, earth ponies losing sudden strength everywhere ant hot air balloons powered by magic crashing and any workers who use magic suddenly failing them.

Discord did the same but he used his magic to keep them from falling to their deaths, what kept it from happening when cozy did it....her cuteness?

11660117
So you’re saying that it’s ok for cozy to get turned to stone, but not sunset? Even though sunset didn’t feel guilt until her defeat?

11660255
Yup..................What what you staring at.
For one Sunset did feel bad after what she did, she never planned to turn into a demon, and afterwards it haunted her.
She got exiled for this, in a way and been working on redeeming herself.

SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO What has Cozy done to redeem her self or has she ever felt bad over what she did or done.
Plops down head in hands looking at you smiling. Please do tell me! ....................NOTHING wow she really deserves to be free to fly around and do it all over again.

ONCE AGAIN!! Has Cozy ever felt bad or done anything to make up for what she done?

Sunset was brought ack to Equestria to try and redeem herself, Luan was offered that chance, Discord was offered that chance .
Starlight and Temptest hadn't appeared yet or done their own thing so don't count yet.

But anyways why not Sunset because she didn't feel guilty before she was defeated?

What was the point I was trying to make...... Oh yes, being sentence to Eqestria hell for what she done is too far, and it was stated.
Luna wasn't sentenced because she too important.
She was Celestia's sister. She was a princess, she a alicorn yadda yadda yadda.
shining Armor s worst the real reason he agreed is because he wants revenge not justice.
Sunset did try to kill Twilight and the other human versions of the mane six. err five I mean.

11660267
Dude that is a lot to read, but if that’s your opinion then that’s fine.

Why is Cozy Glow and the Villain League showing up a bunch of seasons early?

11676449
Hear me out…. Alternate Universe tag is there for a reason.

Login or register to comment