• Published 15th Jan 2020
  • 4,639 Views, 169 Comments

Hero from Tartarus - Sollys



Instead of being forgiven for her crimes against the Equestrian Princess, Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer is sentenced to a lifetime in Tartarus. But when trouble rises in Equestria, Twilight Sparkle and her friends come to an unlikely solution.

  • ...
8
 169
 4,639

Deal with the Devils

It had been a few hours after Tirek had told Sunset that 'she served him'. He hadn't said anything else to him since then, which gave her time to think. That's all she could do anyways. It's all she would do for the rest of her life. How could she 'serve' Tirek, if she was stuck in Tartarus for the rest of her life. The only way that could happen is....That's only if..Tirek had a plan to get out.

Sunset head snapped up from her resting position. That was it! Tirek had a plan to escape, and that was Sunset's only way out. But how—there was no escape from Tartarus. Sunset had studied it for years, the only way out, was for someone to be on the outside to open the doors.

But that someone couldn't be anypony, they needed power, and the Tartarus Key, which was held under Princess Celestia's protection. Somepony of equal power would have to face her, but who? Who did Tirek have on the outside?

Sunset stood up on her four haunches shakily, and with growing confidence, she looked towards the direction of Tirek's cell.

"Tirek!" She called out. Sunset waited, but received nothing in return. Louder this time, Sunset tried again. "Tirek! I know you hear me! I have something to ask you!"

Seconds passed by before she received an answer. "What is it?" Tirek asked sharply.

Sunset's ears perked up, "What is your plan!" she demanded.

A deep and dark chuckle filled the air. "You are a very clever pony, Sunset Shimmer." There was a pause. "But why should I trust you with my plan, if there was one?"

Sunset paused, why should Tirek trust her with such a thing. He had been there for years upon years, and she was only there for a couple of days and was suffering. If this was Tirek's only chance to get out of Tartarus, then she herself wouldn't trust anyone with a plan of that importance. But if there was a way out of Tartarus, Sunset needed to know.

"What do I need to do to prove to you that I can be trusted?" Sunset asked firmly.

There was silence.

Then, after a few moments, Tirek spoke up. "Why were you thrown in here?" he asked slowly.

Sunset didn't answer right away. "I-," she began, her voice refusing to speak. "I tried to take over Equestria, and almost killed a princess in the process."

Tirek burst into a manic laugh, "If Equestria can almost fall into the hands of a unicorn, there will be no stopping us!". An awkward silence filled the air. "Now tell me Sunset Shimmer, you don't seem like that type of pony who would give up so easily, now would you?"

"No, not normally." She muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"How would you like to get revenge on those who wronged you?" Sunset could feel the sinister smile that formed on Tirek's lips. "You are obviously a powerful pony, I can feel your aura from where I stand, join me, and together, we could rule Equestria!"

Sunset blinked. She wanted to say 'yes' right away but something stopped her. What if the plan Tirek had failed, she definitely wouldn't be sent to Tartarus again. No, she would be more than likely be sent to her death.

On the other hand, she would most likely die here anyway.

Sunset Shimmer was a smart pony, she knew what option was the better choice. She knew that one of them was wrong, but the need for revenge yearned for her to join Tirek and whoever he had on the outside. This would be her chance to prove herself to everyone that had wronged her.

And of course, if there was a chance like that.....Sunset was going to take it.


Somewhere far away from the kingdom of Equestria, in the deepest forests of the Everfree, the Lord of Chaos, a small Pegasus Pony and Queen of the Changelings sat around a fire. Their eyes glowing in the dark, their sinister gaze burning brighter than the campfire flame.

"I am telling you Chrysie! I've got the trust of that purple pony princess in the bag!"

Although they were far from any ponies, Tartarus itself was closer to the group than anything else.

Chrysalis groaned. "Why do we even need him?" she asked, glaring at Discord. "I was this close to having Equestria...But with the Lord of Chaos on our side, it will be a breeze."

Discord only chuckled, summoning tea with his magic. "The plan is simple Chrysie, dear. You disguise yourself as Luna, and I, a simple guard—"

"Yes, yes, we've gone over this a countless amount of times." Chrysalis rolled her eyes. "But what do we gain from having Tirek on our side?"

"My my, someone doesn't appear to be a great team player." Discord laughed.

Cozy Glow stood up from her seat on a makeshift bench. "We still talk to each other you know, from the way he puts it, he sounds very powerful." She said, looking at Chrysalis. "Why not get his help, and have this whole thing in the bag!"

Discord smiled. "Exactly!" He scooted closer to Chrysalis. "Imagine getting your hands on all of that alicorn magic!"

Chrysalis did literally seem to imagine the power that could be at her hooves—with Tirek's help of course, and a sinister smile started to form on her lips.

She nodded her head, "We attack Tartarus tomorrow, and if we are going to win this fight, we attack the outer cities first, and move in quickly." Chrysalis declared, the others listening closely to her plan. "Soon, all of Equestria will be ours."

The small pegasus giggled as she joined Chrysalis on her bench. The Lord of Chaos floated next to her, smiling. "Look at you go saying things like, 'ours' now!" His smile widening as Chrysalis gave him an enraged snarl.

She shook her head, ignoring Discord's teasing, and gave a fang filled grin, "Equestria doesn't know what's coming for it."

Author's Note:

I know I know,


I'm early.


Just kidding, sorry for not uploading lol. Sorry if this wasn't a big chapter, but if you look at the brighter side, it's better than nothing. I can't say that I will return to a normal uploading schedule, but I am starting a Webtoon by the name Rebels if you guys would check it out when it is released.

Anyways thanks for reading, peace.