• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 9,112 Views, 4,088 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 4 - TDR



New gods, spiky vines, singing fish, ghost dogs, theatrical mishaps, and a new enemy seeking to destroy everything, The Sparkle siblings will have their hooves, paws, and claws full this season.

  • ...
28
 4,088
 9,112

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight's Kraken Part Two, Part 5

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 4
By TDR

Twilight's Kraken
Part Two, Part 5

Rahs was pissed.

Not just at Tirek, that was given. So far however he had managed to 'kill' the centaur a number of times without the massive creature doing the same to him. Tirek relied far too much on magic and he could deal with that, the problem was a lot of Tirek's magic was used to buff himself and that was harder to eat than the spell bolts and other attack spells.

What was worse, with all the stolen magic he had, every spell tasted like one of Sweetiebelle's stews where she threw EVERYTHING in. It was only sheer force of will, and the fact he was burning through it so fast that kept Rahs from vomiting.

Right now though Rahs was pissed off at his 'suitors' for putting themselves in danger like this when they didn't need to.

He and Twilight were getting to be old hat at this sort of stupid, and it wasn't as if they could be killed no matter how nasty this oversized pile of crap got.

The others could be killed , quite easily.

Saturnia and a swarm of Changelings flew into the fray, peppering Tirek with arrows, bombs, and spears, all about as effective as throwing a claw full of tooth picks at some one in plate armor. Rahs had needed to step between them and Tirek to intercept a massive area of effect blast of magic that would have melted the flesh off all of them, judging from what it did to his arms and chest. It took a moment to recover from that and his ribs were briefly exposed.

Jynx and a pack of Diamond Dogs burst from the ground a bit later, dropping Tirek into a trench and laying into him with weapons. That gave Rahs a second to recover and to watch Jynx go air born and bring some massive club up into Tirek's jaw, taking it off completely with her swing. While that and her outfit were impressive, Tirek nearly wiped out all of them with a poison gas cloud spell. One that Twilight only just teleported the lot of them out of before they were killed.

And the less said about Applejack's attempt the better. Biting his ankle and simple getting kicked free to soar through the air and crash into the new barn over at Sweet Apple acres on the other side of town was probably the dumbest attempt.

He was was expecting Trixie and Sunset to show up at some point and do something dumb too.

There would be words with those three when this was all over.

Particularly since now Tirek knew they existed and would probably go after them next.

And he would get that chance if something didn't happen soon, because Rahs and Twilight were losing.

The explosion of dirt and what was left of the local insurance office of Ponyville marked the stopping point of Twilight Sparkle after a lucky hit from the centaur connected with her.

“Damn it.” Twilight swore as she dug herself out of the rubble.

“Twilight!” Rainbow Dash called gliding down to help her out of the debris. Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy followed up behind her rather quickly along the ground.

“What are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to run?” Twilight demanded.

“No.” Pinkie stated.

“Not at all.” Fluttershy added.

“Nope.” Rainbow Dash pointed out.

“Darling no one has seen you since you went off to deal with whatever Celestia wanted.” Rarity added.

“Spike.... is he hiding at least?”

“Well maybe? Sunset grabbed him and teleported off soooo perhaps?” Pinkie Pie pointed out.

“Seems no one else listened though, did you tell Jynx and Saturnia?” Twilight demanded.

“Of course Twilight, but it seems they had other ideas.” Rarity sighed looking over as another explosion happened. The fight was getting closer to town.

“ You need to get out of here and hide. All of you. I don't know how much longer we can keep this up, he's got far more magic in him than I expected.” Twilight growled.

“You seem to be doing pretty well.” Fluttershy added.

“We're not. We're losing.” Twilight admitted.

“What?!” the others demanded.

“Shining Armor and I seem to be immune to the draining effect, Spike likely would be too, but the problem is Rahs isn't. Well, he is himself, but all the power flowing through the link between us, most of it is bleeding out of him in those sparks and fire from his fur. Tirek is eating that. And while Rahs is draining his magic right back, Tirek is draining more than Rahs is.” Twilight explained. “Unless we do something fast we are not going to win this, he's just going to wear us down and get more powerful, so you all need to go an hide before it's too late.”

“Nothing doing Twi.” Witch Jack snarled as she hobbled up, moving on all fours and favoring her back leg. “ Ah ain't letting that critter beat us.”

“Applejack he bitch slapped you to the other side of town and you literally did nothing to him.” Twilight snapped. “You all need to get out of here. We can't win this.”

“Pathetic.”

Twilight's head snapped up, as the others glanced to the side to see a dark gray stallion approaching, his black mane and tail whipping in an unseen wind. The stallion had a sword in a sheath at his side and was carrying another sheathed sword held in his magic at his other side.

“Sombra....” Rainbow Dash frowned.

“What did you say?” Twilight snapped.

“I called you pathetic.” Sombra stated stopping before the group. “I expected more from the mare who beat me before she was even a god.”

“You.... I've been fighting Tirek all morning and you just stroll up here and...” Twilight growled.

“Really? Fighting? Because all I see you doing at the moment is whining about losing. I hate to say I agree with the hayseed over here, but in this instance I do.” Sombra offered.

“Ummm thanks? Maybe?” Witch Jack grumbled.

“You fought me with a concussion and showed more spine than you have now. “Sombra huffed. “ If you cannot win, then simply find a way to do so.”

“I'm trying to make sure everyone else is safe!” Twilight growled.

“Indeed, though the simplest way to do that is to destroy that which threatens them.” Sombra shrugged. “I too would very much like it if Rarity went and hid somewhere, but after our talk it was brought to my attention I neither own her nor control her actions to the point that I can tell her what to do.”

“That is quite correct darling.....” Rarity agreed.

“By the same token she neither owns nor controls me...”

“Hold on, I do not like where this is going.” Rarity frowned.

“... as such If you are finished I am going to deal with this attacker myself.” Sombra offered turning to head towards the edge of town where the conflict was happening.

“Are you crazy!?” Rarity snapped.

“Of course not. I was raised in a war, and surrounded by creatures that fed on magic. As has been proven by Rahs, I am a bit resistant to such drain. I could have beaten Rahs and your guards, though it was you who defeated me.” Sombra paused as he considered. “ In the end Sparkle I suppose I should thank you partially for that.”

“What?”

“I spent quite a long time existing with no reason for anything. Then you blasted me out of my castle and I wound up here and found a reason to continue.”Sombra explained.

“Awww that is so swee...” Rarity blushed.

“The pony that invented chocolate ice cream is a genius.”Sombra continued.

“....eet....” Rarity trailed off with a huff glaring at Sombra as he smirked at her.

“But enough of that. I have no intent to back down. And neither should you. If your magic fails use your hooves, if those fail bite. If your teeth are removed... well it makes it easier to hold a sword.” Sombra stated before tossing Twilight the sword he carried along in his magic. “I made you one as well since you seemed to cry foul when I used my blade on you. And now you have no excuse, not to continue the fight.”

With that Sombra strode off towards the conflict.

“I don't know if I want to hug him or kill him.” Rarity growled.

“Maybe hug him to death in a slow embrace that chokes the life out of him and by the time he realizes it, it will be do late and you'll have crushed him to death in your coils?” Fluttershy muttered.?

Rarity blinked and looked to Pinkie Pie in askance gesturing to Fluttershy and pinkie Simply shrugged.

Twilight however noticed none of that conversation.

The blade had slid partially from the sheath as she caught it, baring enough of the finely crafted blade to show her reflection in the polished metal....

….and the cascade of rainbow coloration that ran along the blades length.

Author's Note:

Again another chapter i didn't expect. This next one should be the last one. For real this time.

PreviousChapters Next