• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 9,098 Views, 4,088 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 4 - TDR



New gods, spiky vines, singing fish, ghost dogs, theatrical mishaps, and a new enemy seeking to destroy everything, The Sparkle siblings will have their hooves, paws, and claws full this season.

  • ...
28
 4,088
 9,098

PreviousChapters Next
Rarity Takes Moreton Bay Bug, Part 2

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 4
By TDR

Rarity Takes Moreton Bay Bug,
Part 2

[Ponyville]

“Diamond... are you sure about this?” Sterling Silver asked as she followed along behind the pink earth pony. Silver Spoon walked along the other side looking just as reluctant to be following the pink filly.

“Of course I am. That stupid lizard was just talking out of his tail hole. Those three are nothing, and I'm going to make sure they know it...” Diamond Tiara snarled.

The two Silvers looked at each other with a bit of worry Diamond Tiara had been going overboard lately, obsessed with getting the CMC back for any perceived slight, even if it had nothing to do with them. Even Spike's threat barely seemed to make her pause more than a day or two. Silver Spoon knew Diamond's mother was more than a little ruthless against those she considered her enemies or beneath her, but Diamond had taken that to a whole new level lately.

“I'm going to see those fools destroyed utterly for everything they've done.” Diamond snapped with a grin as the trio headed towards the Apple family farm.

A sudden explosion of fire from the orchards brought all three of them up short as a pillar of flame shot into the air easily a hundred stories rising into the sky as if to touch the sun.

“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” .

“DAMNIT SUNSET!! Spike shouted.

“Language!” Sunset countered.

“This was a completely valid use of a swear!” Spike retorted.

“Tha barns on fire again.”Applebloom added.

“So's your bow.” Scootaloo offered.

“It's sooo pretty.” Sweetiebelle cood.

“Maaaaaybe we should come back tomorrow.” Diamond Tiara added and turned around quickly headed back towards town.

[ Manehatten]


“Ahhhhhhhh hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! RUINED I TELL YOU, RUINED!!!!” Rarity bawled.

Fluttershy, Pinkie, Twilight, Dash, Mac and Sombra all glanced to each other then back to the dramatically crying Rarity. They had gone out to see the sights of the city after dropping off Rarity's supplies. Mostly due to no one wanting to stick around and get in her way if she got into a proper 'zone'.But she had said she was alright if they left her.

When they had gotten back to the hotel Rarity was already bawling and at least two tubs deep in double fudge ice cream.

“So let me get this straight?” Rainbow Dash asked. “You met this Suri, who said she was from Ponyville, and after a bit of talking, you lent her some of your fabric to make an accent, whatever that is, and she used it to make a whole bunch of dresses? In a couple of hours? Damn I thought I was fast.”

“Can't you just talk to the judge about it?” Fluttershy questioned.

“Suri showed off her designs first and the judge didn't care about my protest.” Rarity bawled. “She used my designs as a base and then used my fabric to improve on them to fit what she knew the judge's tastes were, .thus making mine look like cheap copies....”

“I will go have a word with her.” Sombra stated, heading towards the door.

“NO. I know what you're going to do and that would be a violation of ethics... and your parole.” Twilight snapped. “ 'I' will go have a word with her.”

“NO!!” every one in the room shouted, save Big Mac who added his usual 'Eenope'.

“YES!” Discord shouted at the same time popping out of a nightstand drawer.

Everyone glared at the draconequus until he sheepishly pulled himself back into the drawer closing it behind him.

“Twilight don't make me get a newspaper.” Fluttershy warned.”I know how you feel, but Rarity can't have her outfits judged if you vaporize the runway.”

Sombra was suddenly belted up side the head with a pillow.

“What!?!?” Sombra glared at the pink mare.

'That's for biting Fluttershy!” Pinkie Pie stated.

“I have been traveling with you the last two days and you just NOW hit me?” Sombra snapped.

“She just reminded me by mentioning the newspaper.: Pinkie Pie admitted.

“Stars....” Sombra grumbled.

“So, all you need is some new fabric and you'll be good to go!” Fireball suggested.”Shouldn't be hard to find something in town you can use if you get an idea.. We spotted a couple of fabric shops while we wandering around town, Dash can probably go get what you need rather quick.”

“Yes but I'll need to come up with new designs.” Rarity pouted.

“ I've seen you put together a clothing line based on a bee that got stuck in your window. I am sure you will be fine.” Sombra grumbled.

Rarity's eyes narrowed as she considered. Blue eyes looked over the lavish hotel room, then at the group with her.

“ I think. I might have something.” Rarity admitted with a wide grin.

[Dodge Junction.]

“So this is them?” Applejack questioned looking around at the crowd around them. All manner of creatures had turned up for the show, from ponies, griffons, and diamond dogs, to a couple of nox-cal and some stranger creatures Applejack couldn't identify... that one she thought was a camel but she wasn't sure. She and Rahs were looking to make this the final part of the date before they headed back to Ponyville. A couple hours of travel and they would be back home to see if anything had gone on while they were away.

Neither expected much, given they were only gone for a day and it was Saturday, not Tuesday.

[Ponyville]

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Scootaloo screamed as she flew over the town, a bright red crash helmet on her head, she was also wreathed in green flame.

“WHAT THE SHIT?!?” Sunset shouted as she ran up glaring at the remaining Crusaders and Spike.” I left you alone for twenty minutes to get dinner? How did you manage to fire Scootaloo from a cannon.... where did you even get a cannon!?”

“Pinkie Pie.”Applebloom offered.

“SCOOTALOO IS ON FIRE!!" Sunset shouted watching the burning green figure arch towards the lake.

“Yeah but it's that self sustaining immolation spell you taught me. She's not burning really she thought it would look cool.” Sweetiebelle added.” She also has a helmet.”

“Red makes it go faster.” Spike added.

“It's not supposed to be green fire!” Sunset snapped

“That's cause no one will let us play with matches, so Spike added his flame to the spell, and lit the fuse.” Applebloom offered.

“SPIKE!?” Sunset whirled on the dragon.

“I willingly hang around these three. Did you not actually expect that I might be easily swayed into their shenanigans by my filly friend?” Spike offered with a dead pan expression. “ Besides this is pretty tame in truth and Scootaloo is gonna hit the lake and probably come back to ask to do it again. This isn't the first time I've calculated the trajectory for one of them.”

Sunset blinked.

“This is why Applejack laughed at me when I offered to watch you four isn't it?” Sunset muttered.

“To be honest given Sweetiebelle is technically your aunt, thanks to Luna, so you only have yourself to blame.” Spike offered.”The warning signs are there.”

“Hey Spike.... Scoots missed the lake.” Applebloom offered squinting into the distance against the setting sun.

“What? By how much!?” Spike questioned pulling out a large sheet of paper covered in calculations.

“Dunno... She hasn't hit the ground yet, ah ken still see tha fire.” Applebloom stated.” Maybe she hit a tree?”

“GAHHHH!” Sunset snapped and vanished with a flash of teleportation towards the lake.

“I wonder when big sister Luna is gonna teach me to teleport?” Sweetiebelle pondered.

“I think, that if anyone really doesn't need to learn that spell, it would be you.” Spike pointed out as the three started running towards the lake.

[Dodge Junction]

Rahs and Applejack suppressed a small shudder, settling in with a box of fried chicken bits to snack on from a little booth run by a diamond dog that was named Kennel Fried Chicken. They didn't ask about the name, but the food was pretty good.

On stage a lavender earth pony with twin pigtails was going over the sound equipment again. It seemed that the Dazzlings, were not even on the planned program to start with, but the head liner John-Bon-Poni had to cancel for some reason or another. The two groups that had come on the main stage before hoof hadn't been a couple of local bands, they were not bad but they were not really note worthy otherwise.

Rahs had liked the stage presence of one of them called RAWR, but the music had left something to be desired in his opinion. The costumes were very well done however.

“Well, if anythings gonna happen due tah Discord, this'd be it wouldn't it?” Applejack stated.

Rahs simply nodded as a trio of mares, the pig tailed one, the pegasus from the mustard barrels earlier, and another that was sixty percent mane easy, moved up to the mic stands on the stage.

“Woof.”

“Yeah ah'm kinda curious as to what sort of band Discord would like maiself.” Applejack offered turning her attention to the stage.

Then the trio started to sing.

PreviousChapters Next