• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 9,098 Views, 4,088 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 4 - TDR



New gods, spiky vines, singing fish, ghost dogs, theatrical mishaps, and a new enemy seeking to destroy everything, The Sparkle siblings will have their hooves, paws, and claws full this season.

  • ...
28
 4,088
 9,098

PreviousChapters Next
Pinkie Perch, Part 2

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 4
By TDR

Pinkie Perch,
Part 2

[Canterlot]

Jynx was not sure what to think about the current situation. Sure she had been in Canterlot before, but never really during the late afternoon like this. She was not that happy about the looks a number of the ponies were giving her or Rahs.

Even the non vocal ones were clearly leery, if not out right annoyed at the pair.

Rahs was ignoring it, he spent most of his life in Canterlot after all, and was used to it. Jynx was not so used to it. Nor was she used to the constant guard presence that seemed to be around them.

Rahs took note of her unease with the situation and showed his hand readily , walking right up to the palace gates, to be let in like he lived there.

Even the patrolling Guards that had been shadowing them seemed surprised at that.

The nobles and locals that had been hounding them had to pick their jaws up off the cobblestone.

Rahs was not above using connections and the castle chef on standby for griffon delegations liked the extra work. Even if he fussed at Rahs for not being an 'official' ambassador to the moon dogs, no matter what Princess Luna said.

Rahs was of course greatly amused at the expressions of those who had been bothering them.

Jynx couldn't help be amused a little as well.

[Ponyville]

“Well... This, is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.”Adagio stated as she and her sister watched the two party ponies do ... well, what ever it was they were doing.

“I dunno, I'd say the whole incident with Tunguska was way weirder than this.” Aria offered.

“True. At least Sonata learned what happened when a rabbit gets Trix.” Adagio nodded.

“Set the damn cereal release date back 50 years when the lemmings got involved.” Aria shuddered.

“Let's not talk about that anymore I still get flash backs any time is see fruit shaped corn puffs. I will concede the point though. This is the SECOND, most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.” Adagio nodded. ”The stages set?”

“Yep, did you deal with the dog?” Aria asked.

“Yeah, I took care of her. It was surprisingly easy.” Adagio smirked.

[Earlier]

“Hey, miss!”

Applejack blinked as she stopped to look over at a unicorn mare calling her, one with a rather ridiculous mane, the mare waved her over towards the train platform.

“Hmm? Well howdy... something wrong?” Applejack asked, trotting up the stairs to the platform noting a number of crates around on dollies and stacked a few ponies high, clearly for the party going by the splashes of color all over them. One of the large steel boxcar doors was open and the train at the end of the line of cars was already building up it's fire to leave.

“Yeah, sorry to bother you, the trains about to head out and I've got one more crate I need to get unloaded. Problem is it's one that is listed as 'no magic' so I can't get it out myself. “ the mare offered gesturing to her horn. “I was about to panic, when I spotted you, and you look pretty strong, think you can help me get it off the train real quick?”

“Why sure. Ain't no trouble, ah take all this is fer Dash's party?” Applejack offered stepping into the train car and spotting the large crate at the far end of the car.

“Yep. I've got most of it, but that's the last one.” the mare offered.

“Well shoot that don't look like much.” Applejack offered walking up to the crate.” Shouldn't be an issue tah...”

Applejack trailed off as the whistle blew on the train and the door slammed shut with the sound of metal being locked into place.

“What tha?” Applejack stumbled as the train lurched forward. She ran to the door yanking on it banging on the steel as the train pulled out of the station.

“Next stop, Appleooza.” AJ heard the conductor yell from one of the cars further up in the line.

Applejack cursed yanking on both doors on either side, finding them both locked and sealed tight. She growled moving over to the crate and pushing it only to note that it was an empty wooden box.

“Buck.....” Applejack growled.

[ Canterlot]


Jynx had no idea how she had been talked into this.

The meal had been delicious if a little fancier than she was used to. Still it was enough that she was considering asking for the recipes that were used.

The next part however had the diamond dog well out of her comfort zone.

Rahs smirked, taking her paw and moving around, gesturing her to follow his lead as he shifted. The moon dog wasn't in his usual great coat, but wore a fairly nice pair of pants and a stylish if simple long sleeve shirt that only could have been put together by Rarity. That the white shirt and black pants matched her coat and hair color clearly added into it, as did her rather tight and fairly short navy blue dress that matched Rahs' fur. The dress was a good bit shorter than she liked, though it did allow her to move easily, particularly with Rahs leading her through these odd movements in the semi darkened room.

The music had a good beat to it that was easy to follow, though Jynx had no idea how to dance.

Something else to ask Rarity about later it seemed, though Jynx doubted the four legged mare would understand how to dance on two legs. Still, the dancing did keep Rahs much closer to her than she had expected, and she certainly wasn't about to stop, as thus far this was the first time he had taken the lead in any of their interactions.

The only issue thus far were the other club goers. Some seemed to have no issue with the pair on the floor despite the extra space they took up with their size. Others of course seemed to follow the same mind set of the nobles, with their glares and snide remarks that they made to each other. Heck some of them possibly were nobles, not many, but usually only the young and the rich could afford to be out dancing on a Sunday night after all.

Jynx really didn't care though, despite her stumbling and confusion at this, she was going to savor it.

[Ponyville]

“Honestly? Do we really need to do anything?” Aria asked watching the pair of party ponies fight.

“Probably not.” Adagio offered. “My gem is getting charged just from this. And look there's ponies taking sides and arguing too.”

“A betting pool too it seems.” Aria pointed to a group of pegasi.

“Actually we should do something soon before this becomes a moral lesson.” Sonata offered getting looks from the other two.” Besides purple smart is gonna put a stop to it soon. So best we start up.”

Aria shrugged as Adagio grinned.

“Gonna add a little into this one. She's our test run. If I can control her or at least direct her anger we should have no problem with the two gods in Canterlot.“ Adagio chuckled. ”That some of this lot are the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony makes it even better.”

“I agree, this will be a good test, but if it fails, we drop this stupid idea.“ Aria growled. “Messing with gods is a bit out of our league. Or did you forget what happened with Triton?”

“Pffft, Poseidon was nothing, his creepy older brother was the problem. He was married and way too flirty.”Adagio growled.

“So. I know we picked the song, but, Sweet or Tia?” Sonata questioned.

“Tia.” Adagio stated as the trio took the stage. “Aria you're up.”

“Surprised you're letting me lead.” Aria smirked.

“I need to focus on the control spell.” Adagio shrugged. “Besides this is more your thing.”

“Yeah, well, that's because all other music is scissors to me.” Aria smiled.

“What?” Sonata questioned.

“It always loses to rock!” Aria grinned.

The faint thump of music started to bleed into the song the battling ponies were singing. Slowly drawing away the attention from the goof off

“Are you ready Sonata?” Aria asked.

“Uh-huh.” Sonata smiled.

“Adagio?”

“Yeah.”

“Mike?” Aria taps the mic with a shark toothed smile as all the other bands playing on the stages suddenly had their mics cut and the sound from the Dazzlings stage was all that could be heard. ”Okay”

Quite a number of ponies turned away from the goof off to look at them in confusion or to the bands on the other stages trying to get their sound to come back.

“Alright girls. “ Aria wailed. “LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

The sudden blast of music coming from all five stages around the town drown out Cheese and Pinkie's song entirely and fully drew everyone in towns attention to the three mares on the stage. Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Prince, Fluttershy, and Rarity winced at the volume, though they were focused fully if confused by the sudden blast of music.

“Oh it's been getting so hard,
Living with the things you do to me....
My dreams are getting so strange,
I'd like to tell you everything I see......”

As the song continued everyone who could hear the song started developing a reddish glow in their eyes.

Author's Note:

Aria is the rocker
Adagio is the Pop star
Sonata does everything else but enjoys, j-pop, jazz, and death metal

PreviousChapters Next