• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 9,108 Views, 4,088 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 4 - TDR



New gods, spiky vines, singing fish, ghost dogs, theatrical mishaps, and a new enemy seeking to destroy everything, The Sparkle siblings will have their hooves, paws, and claws full this season.

  • ...
28
 4,088
 9,108

PreviousChapters Next
BASS!, Part three

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 4
By TDR

BASS!,
Part three

[Ponyville]

Princess Luna stepped out of Golden Oaks library. She had opted to come the usual method after getting the message from Spike about the explosion. Spike didn't seem very concerned though clearly he wanted to warn some one while Twilight was off on a date.

Honestly Luna expected something. After all it was Tuesday in Ponyville.

Still finding the Sparkles were not at home was a tad worrying. It was even more worrying when she hastily had to recite four different pass codes and submit to a retinal scan to keep the libraries security from shunting her teleport into the middle of the nearest mountain.
Luna would have had a word about Twilight being paranoid, but with Diamond Dogs and PETA breaking into her home Luna was glad she simply could recall the pass codes she was given for access.

Next time she'd just teleport outside of town and walk in.

The town was , for lack of a better word in pandemonium. Ponies were running around screaming , chasing other ponies. One of her Night Guard officers Lodestone was being gnawed on by three mares, a white furred blue maned unicorn whom Luna recognized as D.J. PON3 was chasing a sparkling pony with a fair sized ax. And Pinkie Pie... well Pinkie Pie was sauntering through town in a gold bikini like ensamble with a black skirt and sleeve draped and a odd metal feather headdress. Luna wasn't sure how the mare was doing it but she looked like she was one of those Crystal Graphics Images that they used in movies. There was some sort of gothic metal rock playing behind her as she moved as well so that whole thing was surreal. More so than usual with Pinkie any way.

“PRINCESS!” shouted a voice as Witch-Jack strode up to her with a hissing thrashing, and completely hogtied Sunset Shimmer tucked under her arm. The rope didn't hide the fact that Sunset looked very much like a thestril nox-cal at the moment.

“Hello Applejack, have we missed something here?” Luna questioned looking around the chaos curiously before focusing on the pair before her.

“Yer durn right something is, Rahs and I just got outta tha movie we was seeing fer a second date and Sunset here leaped up and bit his neck.

“HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!” hissed Sunset

“Shadup, Ah didn't interrupt yer date.” Witch-Jack snapped.

“What is wrong with her?” Luna questioned. “ Shouldn't she have burned her way out of this by now?”

“Yeah s'what ah figured, she's jus been bitey and it caused me tah change. Ah ken taste her magic in all tha bites too. It hurts a bit but it's more annoying than anything else.” Witch-jack huffed.”Was coming tah see Twi a fore I remembered that her and Mac are outta town fer tha night at Hoofington's winter fest. Was gonna go maiself with Rahs but ah didn't figure either me or Rahs wanted tah see those two making out.”

“Yes well set her down let us have a look.” Luna offered as Witch-Jack dumped Sunset on the ground like a sack of potatoes she was looking to mash.

Luna shook her head and let her aura flare up as she scanned over Sunset with some interest as the hissing mare thrashed and bit at the ropes.

“Hmm. Seems she has a blood magic transformation going on her right now.” Luna pondered. “It's mostly cosmetic but it's all her own magic, there is a 'Command' Spell on her as well. Not a very strong one , but more than enough if it caught some one unprepared. We are unsure of who cast that.”

“Well ken yah fix it?” Witch Jack asked.

“To be fair we are rather surprised your presence hasn't broken it. But we suppose given how the spell is set up you have just been feeding off the abundance of blood magic Sunset is using.” Luna explained.” Not the core of it. We can remove that, give us a moment.”

Luna's horn flared again and her aura focused on Sunset's eyes.

The orange mare shrieked, burst into flames, burning free of the rope and losing her wings and ear tufts in the process as she rolled on the ground holding both her hooves to her mouth.

“Hucking hit, how many hucking himes did hi bite mhy hown tongue wif hose hangs!!!!” Sunset cried out into her own hooves along with a large number of other swears in various languages , some of which Luna did not even recognize.

“Well. She seems back tah normal. Maybe we can git some answers.” Witch-Jack nodded.

“I vant to drink you blud Bleh...”

CLANG!!!

“I warned you.” Thorax stated glaring down at the now unconscious Bees.

Luna and Witch -jack stared down at Sunset who was still bitching about her tongue.

“Would you care to run that by me again?” Witch-jack demanded.

“It's a blood magic charm. It's called Contagion. Basicly any thing cast on the person who has that spell active will be passed on to any one they come in contact with. Great for various buffing spells or a healing spell, horrid for any sort of detrimental magic.” Sunset explained trying to cast a healing spell directly on her tongue with middling success this close to Witch-jack.

“And you cast this why?” Luna asked.

“No idea. Last I really remember was helping Fluttershy try and talk to the fruit bats, Applebloom startled me an the spell over charged a bit. Shouldn't have done anything more than make her hearing more sensitive with that sort of backfire. I remember Fluttershy being stunned and i went over to check on her, then a sharp pain in my neck, an explosion, then there were some eyes I couldn't look away from and a overwhelming urge to protect the vampires, the bats I assume now, but then not so much. And of course given all the crappy vampire movies I've seen, I paired together a few things with Contagion, like a desire to spread it and the minor compulsions to act like the vampires I watched in the human world.” Sunset gestured to the mayhem going on in town. “Then Applejack smacked the crap out of me.”

“Yah bit mai date.” Witch-Jack growled.

“Not saying I didn't deserve it, just saying what happened.” Sunset placated.

“So Rahs was bitten by you with this spell active.” Luna frowned. “Can you cancel it?”

“I'll have to reverse it, but it's not like it's a strong spell. I'm surprised Applejack didn't break it.” Sunset pointed out. "I can just get a chain healing going, should take care of any bite wounds and clear up the spell as it 's passed along.”

“Yes well, what worries us is that Applejack did not break the spell and that Rahs was affected. More importantly Rahs still has a link to his siblings that magic tends to flow through.” Luna pointed out. “Siblings that are in the Crystal Empire, with my little sister and her friends, and in another town entirely.”

“Oh..... oh shit.” Sunset frowned.

PreviousChapters Next