• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 9,044 Views, 4,085 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 4 - TDR



New gods, spiky vines, singing fish, ghost dogs, theatrical mishaps, and a new enemy seeking to destroy everything, The Sparkle siblings will have their hooves, paws, and claws full this season.

  • ...
28
 4,085
 9,044

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight's Kraken, Part Two, Prologue

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 4
By TDR

Twilight's Kraken,
Part 2,
Prologue

[Outer edges of Equestria.]

Rahs frowned crouching down to look over the giant hoof prints in the mud. Whatever this thing was it was massive, and if the state of the town was any indication, it was a problem.

The scent of it was easy enough to track even if he couldn't smell the fruit punch styled mix of various flavors of magic that followed after this thing. It smelled like a foul cesspool that some one dumped several fruit carts a perfume stand and anything else they could into.

Standing back up he glanced to the collection of moon dogs he brought out with him. Most of them were the care takers of the towns ponies dreams. Now they were caring for them physically. Whatever it was that had come through this place had drained the ponies here of their magic and left most of them catatonic. Out of a town of about sixty ponies, so far they had found only three that had not been drained, two of those had been changelings, the third had been out of town. It had taken a bit to convince the remaining locals they were not there to hurt them, though once that was done it hadn't taken long to collect the fallen ponies and move them some where safe.

Rahs had left a collection of moon dogs to watch over the townsfolk and drive off any predators in all of the towns he had been to. With luck he could find the cause of this problem and deal with it before anything got worse. With the ponies magic drained like this, they were not feeding their magic into the dreams, and thus the chance of the moon dogs starving was a possibility.

This was the fifth town he had found like this, thankfully injuries were mild, and they had only found one death, and that was an old stallion on a respirator. When the magic was drained from the device it stopped working and the stallion died.

As did the moon dog guarding his dreams.

Whatever had done this was going to pay.

As Rahs slipped back into the Oneiroi to track the creature, he didn't notice the points of light on his ears and tail had started to flare brightly looking less like the moon, and more like the flickers of a sun.

Across Equss gods stopped what they were doing and looked in one direction.

There was a flare of power coming from that way.

Some of them had no idea what was in that direction, though quite a few recognized the source as some where on the pony dominated continent. Others could pinpoint it came from Equestria, and fewer still could pin point it was Canterlot specificity.

One of those last few was a massive centaur who simply smiled and rushed towards the source of the energy.

Another, was a white rabbit, who was simply watching this from slightly out of phase of time, no sense in letting the magic stealer steal a way to alter time after all. A large number of gods were behaving like this. Hiding rather than facing this head on, with some of their portfolios that was for the best.

White was however countering this in a interesting way.

“We should destroy him while we can.”Bleu huffed.

“You have done no such thing.” White proclaimed. “ I will only bring you here to maintain you're powers so nothing goes wrong, nothing more.”

“PiTy.” Grace offered. “I sUpPoSe I aM nOt AlLoWeD tO tElL tRoPh?”

“No. Despite things working out, you have not told him.” White stated.

“What are we here for then. I recall when this happened and I do not relish the memory.” Iinii huffed.

“With you here your portfolio's are still active. Death, the snows, the wind . All of it still works despite the fact that you have also fallen here and therefore it does not work. “ White explained. “ I will simply overlap so there is no separation, and put you back when it's done. I will do the same for the alicorns except.....”

“They went a different route.” Bleu offered.

“Precisely.” White nodded.

“So what now?” Fledge asked.

“We wait.” White stated.

“For wha...?” Bleu asked her head whipping to the side at the tremendous flare of power that quickly subsided.

“And here, we went.....” White smiled

Author's Note:

Cue the theme song.

PreviousChapters Next