• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 9,107 Views, 4,088 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 4 - TDR



New gods, spiky vines, singing fish, ghost dogs, theatrical mishaps, and a new enemy seeking to destroy everything, The Sparkle siblings will have their hooves, paws, and claws full this season.

  • ...
28
 4,088
 9,107

PreviousChapters
Catfish, Season 4 epilogue, Part 2

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 4
By TDR

Catfish
Season 4 epilogue,
Part 2

[Hollow Shades.]


Trixie flattened her ears to her head, tapping her chin with her hoof. She had the distinctive impression she missed something, and that she should head to Ponyville to find out what it was.

[Carousel Boutique, the day after Tirek's defeat, mid afternoon. Twilight is still in bed.]

“Weeks worth of work, all for nothing.” Sombra sighed.

“Yeah, but yah got yer cutie mark out of it. So it wasn't completely wasted.” Applebloom pointed out from her perch on Spike's back. She hadn't really been mad at him, a little annoyed of course, but she had let him apologize and simply accepted his attempts to make her not mad at him. Currently he was writing up his new campaign and she took the opportunity to copy Sunset and Rahs and rest on him. He was always rather warm and so long as you avoided the spines he was rather comfy too.

“I would rather have that sword I made still intact than this cutie mark.” Sombra grumbled.

“BLASPHAMY!” Sweetiebelle shouted.

“Well that's two of the six then. All we need is to get Bloom, Spike, Firefly, and Sweetiebelle their cutie marks and mission accomplished.”Scootaloo pointed out.

“Dragon's don't get cutie marks.” Spike pointed out from where he was on the ground with Applebloom sitting on him he was still trying to figure out how to stat up his sisters super powered form.

“Changelings either.” Firefly offered from where he sat near Scootaloo, reading through the newest of Spike's gaming magazines. The changeling colt wasn't disguised though he had a short cropped orange mane and tail, that matched Scootaloo's coat. The others were comfortable enough around him that his lack of a disguise didn't bother them, though Sunset had a tendency to scream out any time a Changeling walked up on her.

At this point everyone was certain she was only doing it for drama's sake.

“And ponies don't become Alicorns, nightmare monsters, bats, or werewolves either.” Sweetiebelle pointed out.

“Point.” Spike offered with a sigh as Firefly shrugged.

“This has been a weird year.” Sunset pointed out. She had followed Sombra to watch the Crusaders flip out, she had not been disappointed. There was plenty of yelling, a large number of questions, and the start of a song that Sombra quickly stopped.

“It's a pretty complex mark too.” Scootaloo pointed out. “Nothing to do with Princess Luna's mark either. So our theory about gods and demi gods is right out.”

“Theory?”Sombra asked.

“Yeah. We figured that a god and a demi god child of that god would have similar cutie marks.” Sweetiebelle offered. “ Granted our only basis for this theory is Sunset.”

“Saturnia doesn't have a cutie mark.” Firefly pointed out. “And she has two parents who are gods. Granted the Queen doesn't have a cutie mark either.”

“We should invite her to be a crusader.” Sweetiebelle considered.

“Please don't.” Firefly, Sunset, Sombra, and Spike stated.

“But yeah because of Sunset's Sun cutie mark we figured there would be a connection.” Sweetiebelle stated. “ But your mark is a forge and looks nothing like Big Sister Luna's.”

“Hey now, my mark isn't that similar to Celestia's” Sunset protested.

“Her cutie mark is the sun, yers is the sun.” Applebloom pointed out with a shrug shifting on Spike's back her hoof idly toying with his spines, something she had found he rather enjoyed, though his tail wagging like a dogs sometimes confused her, though she found it cute.

“My mark is completely different, her's looks like the sun, mine looks like a fireball.” Sunset pointed out. “It also has a light side, and a dark side, and it holds the universe together. Like the force.”

“The what?” Spike questioned.

“I've never told you about that?” Sunset asked.

“About what?” Applebloom asked.

“Oh, have I got a story for you guys. Machete order too, maybe keep in Rogue One... pity they were killing the franchise before I left. “Sunset grinned. “A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....”

[Off the coast of Equestria, near Bayston]

For a moment there was nothing.

Then there was a ship.

“And there we go, right back in the water, courtly of Discord airlines, and maybe a bit of help from Chief O'brian.” Discord stated with a smirk.

“Man got no respect.” Sonata nodded.

“So what now?” Adagio asked, looking up at her father with a frown.

“Now? To be honest I would suggest you visit your mother and let her know you're alive.” Discord offered.

“Ooh! We haven't seen Neighlantis in forever.” Sonata cood.

“Forget that! You won't fix the broken gem and now you want us to go crawling back to her?!” Adagio growled. “No way in hell!”

“I told you, I can't fix the gem. It was a set of three and I can't remake a matching set like that again.” Discord sighed recalling how much it had hurt to do something so against his nature as create something that orderly and focused. “And even if I could I wouldn't, given how much trouble those things have caused.”

“You're worried about trouble?” Adagio scoffed.

“Not to others, but to you three, myself, and your mother, yes.” Discord explained. “If I hadn't made them, you wouldn't have stolen them, run off, and gotten trapped in another world for so long. Might have kept me from going completely mad and kept your mother and I from splitting up.”

“I'm not going back.” Adagio snarled at him.

“I can make you you know.” Discord frowned crossing his arms over his chest.

“You won't” Aria offered butting into the conversation for the first time, the two had been arguing for quite some time before they came back and she had been silent thus far. “Sonata might want to go back, but Adagio clearly doesn't. And neither do I.”

“Hmmm? So sure are you my dear middle child?” Discord loomed over Aria.

“You're the god of chaos, forcing us to go back would put us in an ordered and structured life with little to no free will... again.“ Aria frowned. ”You know it, I know it and so do my sisters. Forcing us to go back isn't something you're willing to do. Because you know how mom will react to getting us back. And caged birds don't sing as well.”

“A fine logical progression of facts and information. But since when do I follow logic my dear?” Discord smiled.

“Look. I don't really know what Adagio's hang up is, but I've been enjoying the freedom I've had since I left, even the crappy parts. “ Aria rolled her eyes. “I'm not saying I never want to see her again, but I want to make sure that if I go back, it will be on my terms and I will have a way out when it becomes too stuffy again. And fucking gods help everyone if she tries to get me to rejoin that water ballet crap again. I will use what I learned in the other world to set Neighlantis on fire.”

Discord blinked.

“You realize that is a point AGAINST me letting you go, because I really want to see you set an underwater coral city on fire.” Discord offered.

“Maybe for Christmas.” Aria huffed.

“It's called Hearths Warming here dear.” Discord sighed. “Sonata?”

“I wanna go back, but these two would kill each other in three days without me.” Sonata shrugged.

“Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.” Discord sighed rolling his eyes. “But I am only going to give you a few years before I come and bring you back. You girls have been amusing since you've been back, but you've also managed to piss off the wrong ponies. Twilight Sparkle is very rapidly approaching being put on my 'Do not mess with.... much...' list. Her toothy brother is already on it.”

“Thanks dad...” Aria let out a held breath, not even having been sure if her argument would work.

“Do be careful. There are some rather questionable individuals running around that it would be best if you did not get involved with.” Discord growled. “It won't end well for any one.”

“Isn't that stock parental speech number six?” Sonata asked.

“Of course. I still have the cue cards that Aqua gave me.” Dscord smirked. ”But for now. I suppose I should leave you girls to it. Be careful. And I will be keeping my I on you three.”

“Lovely.” Adagioi muttered as Soniota giggled and Ariia rolled her eyes.

Dscord shook his head slightly and vanished with a flash of light.

[Jade Wolf Burrows]

Jynx sat in her throne. The large chair was made of wood and well crafted by one of the more skilled dogs in the pack. The one that had been here before, that had been her fathers, was of bone, rock, and metal, and was highly uncomfortable, so Jynx threw it out.

The warrens were alive with the sounds of festivities and music as the pack celebrated the defeat of a great enemy, those that had gone with her told of their part in the conflict and embellished it heavily.

This was of course why she was sitting in the dark in her throne room while music played throughout the warren. She had to admit the music was catchy and had even caught herself tapping her paws and snapping her fingers a few times. Something she stopped as soon as she noticed, as she was trying to sulk.

“Baby, do you understand me now
Sometimes I feel a little mad
Well, don't you know that no-one alive
Can always be an angel
When things go wrong I seem to be bad"

Her chosen mate was mad at her, excessively so it seemed.

Granted he was also mad at the bug, and Applejack, so it was almost worth it.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good
Oh Lords, please don't let me be misunderstood

Jynx stopped herself from tapping her paw.

The problem here was that neither Sunset nor Trixie were considered to be on this blacklist thing. Despite the fact that Sunset had popped in and faced down Tirek the same as she did, Rahs was not mad at the orange unicorn.

It was hardly fair.

If I seem edgy, I want you to know
That I never meant to take it out on you
Life has it's problems and I've got my share
And that's one thing I never meant to do

Jynx stopped herself from tapping the arm rest of her throne with a finger. Damn song....

Still she couldn't help but see the issue.

Twilight had needed to step in mid fight to keep her pack from getting killed. Jynx had only been teleported once before by Trixie and she didn't recall the amount of flashing lights and the wash of power that went over her like it did then. Granted all of her pack was highly disoriented when they reappeared, some even in the trees, so it was likely something Twilight had done to avoid the centaurs poison.

What happened with the bug was even worse, That Rahs stepped in front of the attack like that.... Jynx could see where she screwed up. That was never a fight for warriors, that had been a fight of gods. It wasn't something she should have ever gotten into let alone something she got her pack into. Even demi gods such as Sunset and Saturnia were outclassed in such a fight.

The blood and meat left scattered across that farm was clue enough of that.

She had gotten lucky.

'Cause I love you
Baby, don't you know I'm just mortal
And I've thoughts like any other mutt
And sometimes I find myself alone and regretting
Some foolish thing, some foolish thing I've done

Jynx stopped her paw from tapping again, though she frowned at the lyrics this time. She would need to find a way to get back into Rahs' good graces. Particularly if she wanted any pups. That last date had her well out of season despite how worked up she had gotten. And in truth watching him fight had done the same thing this time, but the result was not going to happen again.

It was a bit of a failing of her kind that such displays of strength made her dogs excited, there was likely going to be a large number of new litters after this party.

Perhaps she should go back to her original mindset of sharing him. Granted the only other one of those after him she even considered worth the effort of sharing, would be Applejack. The witch wolf pony had fought her to a stand still a number of times. Granted neither had really wanted to hurt each other too much, but the bitch had power, though she had no skill to go along with it. Perhaps Jynx could help with that as she did Rahs, though that ran the risk of giving the pony wolf an edge over her. Still now may be the time to join forces with another who was not in favor, to gain said favor back.

But I'm just a soul who's intentions are good
Oh Lords, please don't let me be misunderstood.

Jynx blinked as the room lit up, she was about to stop herself from snapping her fingers along with the song when the sudden flood of light in the dark room made her pause.

She shifted her amber eyes around, wondering if her assistant had come in, though there was no one else in the room with a light source.

The source of the light however was readily apparent.

For some reason there was a large glowing folder in Jynx's hand.

To be continued in Twilight Gets a Puppy Season 5.

Which should be live now.

Link is HERE

Author's Note:

And thus ends season 4 of Twilight Gets a Puppy.

5 more seasons to go.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 148 )

Ooooooooohhhhh Daaaaaaammmmnnn!!!

Whoaaaaaaaa. Goddess of the Diamond Dogs? Ohhhh this is a plot twist!

Great wrap-up. Now just need to mark the story as complete (it's currently marked as incomplete).

TDR

10653523
I knew i forgot something

Ah man Sunset needs to see the Mandalorian and learn about the Favreau-verse retconning the new trilogy out of existence.

And now jynx has the lead as top bitch since she has god status

Hm, have we had a variation on "Somepony to Watch Over Me"? It's the only episode of Season 4 I can't find a match for (the "Castle Mane-ia" analogue got bumped back to Season 3).

TDR

10653537
Nah that got bumped up to season 5

aww this is over.

TDR

10653544
This season is.

10653547
yea now we only have 5 more seasons to go.

10653541
Ah, to replace "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep"? That one got shifted back from Season 5.

You know, it's a pity we've already had the Apple Family Reunion episode, because I can just imagine how chaotic it would be this time, what with the addition of two gods (Twilight had been previously, but wasn't a god at the time), a demi-god, Applejack having her Witchjack form, and maybe some Moon Dogs.

TDR

10653552
*smiles evilily*

(M. Night Shamalamadingdong voice): What a TWEEEEST!

For some reason there was a large glowing folder in Jynx's hand.

CALL IT!!

“Oh, have I got a story for you guys. Machete order too, maybe keep in Rogue One... pity they were killing the franchise before I left. “Sunset grinned. “A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....”

While I’ll admit Episode I has more than a few problems, I disagree with the Machete Order eliminating it entirely. It’s important for demonstrating just how deeply laid the plans of Darth Sidious were, not to mention giving us Darth Maul, who would eventually return to plague other heroes in the animated Clone Wars and Rebels. I’d suggest this order instead:

  1. Rogue One. Yes, this dampens the big reveal of the Death Star in Episode IV, but viewing Rogue One first emphasizes the sheer odds the Rebellion faces while divulging next to nothing about the films to follow.
  2. Episode IV
  3. Episode V
  4. Episode I.II: The Phantom Edit. The Phantom Edit tightens up the plot of Lucas’ original edit of The Phantom Menace, keeping the necessities while removing Anakin’s most cringeworthy dialog, much of Jar Jar Binks, and only a single reference to midi-chlorians.
  5. Episode II
  6. Episode III
  7. Episode VI

“And there we go, right back in the water, courtly of Discord airlines, and maybe a bit of help from Chief O’brian(sic).” Discord stated with a smirk.

For some reason there was a large glowing folder in Jynx's hand.

“This has been a weird year.” Sunset pointed out.

I know, and the next one is gonna be even weirder, isn't great? :pinkiecrazy:

“Forget that! You won't fix the broken gem and now you want us to go crawling back to her?!” Adagio growled.

He's suggesting that you go and visit your mother, and the only one who would see it as "crawling back" is you who can't admit to having done something wrong :trixieshiftleft:

For some reason there was a large glowing folder in Jynx's hand.

Called it :trollestia:

I like how Mullticorn power Godclass Twilight still isnt as much a bother to Discord as Spike is, and Id love to walk Spike through L-Space understanding of Pinkie due to his O&O.:pinkiecrazy:

Get penpals with a certain Orangutan forstarters.:moustache:

TDR

10653699
He was talking about the other toothy brother , but yes Spike's annoying too

though his tail wagging like a dogs sometimes confused her

That was something that annoyed me with the spin-off. They could have made him a crusader aged human, but we got a dog instead because toys.

TDR

10653752
Yup but i still use it cause it's funny

To be continued in Twilight Gets a Puppy Season 5.

Well...
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Should it be keep an I on you? Or keep an eye on you?

Also they should all bow out and let Tricia win now. She’s the only mortal one left

10653784
Definitely I on you.

a totally awesome ending to season 4.

I guess that happened in that big white flash jynx mentioned?

And I will be keeping my I on you three.”

“Lovely.” Adagioi muttered as Soniota giggled and Ariia rolled her eyes.

Discord shook his head slightly and vanished with a flash of light.

Shouldn't this be Dscord? I mean, if his I is on them, it's not on hm.

For some reason there was a large glowing folder in Jynx's hand.

Now I just imagined the older diamond dog god losing his and freaking out XD

10653526
This is the way.

TDR

10653938
He's dead.

TDR

10653784
Discord's I from his name is now on all three of the girls so it really is keep my I on you.

10653997
Might have been confused there

Did she inherit diamond dogs....war...or both
Also are you really going to do all 9? If so u are a god

TDR

10654169
Not reveled yet, and i'm gonna try

10654025
When Tirek escaped he killed the ghost god

10653555
Is already making popcorn to sell at the chaos with. Sign saying DISCORD PAYS TEN TIMES THE PRICE EVERYONE ELSE PAYS A BIT

10654571
That should take us through to 2025. Maybe by then we'll have another MLP series, something other than Pony Life.

“Oh, have I got a story for you guys. Machete order too, maybe keep in Rogue One... pity they were killing the franchise before I left. “Sunset grinned. “A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....”

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS PADAWANS YAY!"

10654876
Use the force sweetiebell !

The warrens were alive with the sounds of festivities and music as the pack celebrated the defeat of a great enemy, those that had gone with her told of their part in the conflict and embellished it heavily.

🎶 the warrens are alive with the sound of muuuuuusic. Aaaaaaaaaahhh

TDR

10656402
Back in the crystal empire arc. Crushing the dreadnaught burnt the hair around his horn black and it stayed

“Oh, have I got a story for you guys. Machete order too, maybe keep in Rogue One... pity they were killing the franchise before I left. “Sunset grinned. “A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....”

Ohhhh yes! Also Sunset has good tastes.

Also also,,,, Sunset...... if you have not given Twilight the complete story of Lord of the Rings, I will reach through the story and throttle you! It MUST happen!

“You realize that is a point AGAINST me letting you go, because I really want to see you set an underwater coral city on fire.”

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh: SAME!

Jynx had only been teleported once before by Trixie and she didn't recall the amount of flashing lights and the wash of power that went over her like it did then

Ohhhhh?

For some reason there was a large glowing folder in Jynx's hand.

We have us a new Goddess of Diamond Dogs! HELL YEAH!!!!!

Alrighty, all caught up. On to the next one.

“We should invite her to be a crusader.” Sweetiebelle considered.

This can only end in tears... of our laughter :pinkiecrazy:

10665135
he became emergency food?

10695431
Given who Cheese's voice actor is, Animated.

You just made another epic season,well now have to wait a few months for 5 to finish,until then back to waiting.

Login or register to comment