• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 9,109 Views, 4,088 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 4 - TDR



New gods, spiky vines, singing fish, ghost dogs, theatrical mishaps, and a new enemy seeking to destroy everything, The Sparkle siblings will have their hooves, paws, and claws full this season.

  • ...
28
 4,088
 9,109

PreviousChapters Next
Plecostomus Twilight Sparkle, Part 1

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 4
By TDR

Plecostomus Twilight Sparkle,
Part 1

[Nearing Canterlot, Summer, One month after the return of Sunset Shimmer,Friday]


The steady click, clack of the train riding along the rails was soothing. It was almost enough to lull Twilight into a false sense of calm.

Almost.

The thirty or so Guards from the Six Sixty Sixth clustered around her on the train and flying outside of it as the massive armored rail car was brought to Canterlot however, kept her from relaxing fully.

Today had been a pain in the ass since early this morning.

Apparently Princess Celestia had been foal napped last night with Princess Luna going missing about the same time.

The Guard had behaved like a foal trying coffee for the first time.

About as coherently as well.

The Six Sixty Sixth had a small contingent in Canterlot at the time and their commander recalled that there was another Princess in Ponyville.

The commander did forget several other things however. Though he was quickly reminded when he and his unit galloped into Ponyville with the intent on securing the newest Princess at what-the-buck-o-clock in the morning.

The first was that she didn't want to be a Princess .

The second was that she had warded her tree against invasion six ways from Tuesday.

The warding was such, that the things that had grabbed Luna and Celestia had given up trying to grab her after a couple of minutes of prodding. But no one knew that yet.

The third thing was discovered after three spell breakers finally pried the wards apart enough to open the front door for the rest of the unit to rush inside the library. The commander had been certain the wards were placed by the individual who had foal napped the other Princesses.

The Six Sixty Sixth routinely faced down monsters and other horrors that could cause the hardest veteran soldiers to soil themselves in fright. And they consistently won these conflicts.

This time they were up against an alicorn who had only gone to bed two hours prior from a late study session and was barely awake.

A moon dog who was slightly more awake, but half deafened by the klaxon alarm his sister had set in case of some one trying to break in.

And a cranky baby dragon who really wanted to go back to bed.

The explosions woke the rest of the town.

Thankfully for the Guards, Rahs was awake enough to realize that what Blakeney had stolen from one of the buglers was a guard badge and stopped the battle before Spike and Twilight set any one else on fire.

Currently the soldiers were around the trio on the armored train. They didn't speak, they simply kept their eyes and ears open looking for anything that could be a threat. All of them were probably wondering why they bothered however and all but the spell breakers were at least a little charred.

The explanation for why they showed up was quickly told and pointed out. The Sun and the Moon remaining high in the air, splitting the land into night and day was such a scientific impossibility Twilight almost went cross eyed.

Still both Princesses were missing.

And given the Sparkle's reputation, the strongest of the guards were sent to bring her safely back to Canterlot.

The trip was uneventful except another fight breaking out when the Guards tried to stop Rahs and Spike from coming along.

That led to the destruction of the ticket booth at the train station.

The commander of the unit proved he wasn't completely stupid and relented without much issue leaving a promissory note to bill the crown for the damage before ordering everyone onto the train, then asking the Sparkles nicely to get on.

Still the Six Sixty Sixth proved their mettle, by neither backing down, or going down easily when Spike and Rahs got into it with them.

Twilight doubted they would have fared that well if the three of them were fully awake however, but she didn't say anything.

The train ride had calmed most of them down and Spike and Rahs wound up managing to get a few of the guards talking.

By the time the train arrived in Canterlot, Rahs had bits on another of Celestia's Exes, the guard commander had money on one of Cadence's and Spike had put money down on it being one of Luna's, because they were about due for one.

Twilight also took note of a few bids on it being Sunset, and a few on Sombra as well.

As the group of guards and the three Sparkles left the train they were greeted by Princess Celestia's aide, Raven Inkwell. Raven was a white unicorn with a brown mane and tail who had served as Princess Celestia's aide since Flowery Text had retired. She had a twin sister who was an earth pony in Ponyville, that worked for the mayor, the twin's name was Raven Quill.

“Princess Sparkle, thank goodness you're here...” Raven began.

“Not a princess. No coronation, not royalty.” Twilight cut her off. “I'm just here to figure out what happened. Given it's Tuesday I figure being in Canterlot might be safe.”

“Woof.” Rahs grumbled.

“What do you mean it's Friday...... shit...” Twilight dropped her head with a groan.

“We were safer in Ponyville. Spike grumbled.

“ Yes, well...” Raven continued as the small group climbed aboard an armored carriage. “ Last night the Princesses went missing. Princess Celestia was taken from her room. There were signs of a struggle and she had a a recording spell going so the forensics team was able to piece together what happened. She heard something at her balcony window, went out to investigate and fought something that dragged her off. We considered griffons or dragons, but there was some material burned on the balcony that was neither scales nor feathers, and it looked like she was dragged over the edge of the balcony rather than carried off into the air. There was however a caved in tunnel at the base of the wall under her balcony. So diamond dogs are on the top of the list.”

“What about Princess Luna?” Twilight asked, stifling a yawn.

“Much the same though there was no struggle for her. After her breakfast she retires back to her chambers for a few hours for her dream patrols before she opens the Night Court. Whatever grabbed Princess Celestia also snatched Princess Luna right out of her room. Outside of her balcony were the same collapsed tunnels.” Raven explained.

“Where's Sunset?” Spike asked.

“Sunset is in her room asleep. No one has tried to wake her yet. She takes after her mother in she is a very very heavy sleeper. She also tends to be the sort that if something does manage to wake her up, she explodes.” Raven sighed.

“Well her mother's missing, some pony can just suck it up that Sunset will be mad and grouchy at them for a while.” Twilight frowned. “Trust me I get where she's coming from at being woken up but still.”

“Umm no Princess..”.

“Not a Princess.”

“Errrr Twilight,.. when I say she explodes I mean she wakes up casting Lina's Flaming Burst. She warded everything in her room herself, and the only one willing to risk going in there to wake her before her alarm was Princess Celestia.” Raven sighed.”No one else has enough fire proofing to do so.”

Rahs and Twilight looked at Spike.

“FIIIIINE..I'll go wake her up.” Spike fussed.

“Okay what about Sombra?” Twilight asked.

“He's been detained, though he professes not to know what's going on. He also beat the fool out of four Guards who were a little more insistent that he had something to do with this. Luna's student has also been detained just in case and she's less than thrilled about it.” Raven explained.

“I can't fault him for that.” Twilight grumbles.” At any rate you seem to have everything under control for the most part, why did I get dragged up here ?”

“Well, with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna gone, the Night Court did not get held, so the petitioners for the crown were all pushed back to the Day Court...” Raven offered.

Twilight, Rahs, and Spike all blinked as they stared at her.

“You want... to hold court.... at a time like this?” Twilight asked very carefully.

“Yes.” Raven stated flatly.

The Sparkles all looked to one another.

Spike stood up on the seat leaning out of the carriage window.”Hey driver, turn the wagon around we're leaving!”

“What? No!" Raven protested.” Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have been pushing these sessions back for the last three weeks as they tried to get Sunset settled and spend time with her. They did the same thing with Sombra and the event was a nightmare when they finally relented. Half of Canterlot and nearly the entire noble caste will be at this court due to push backs.”

“Which makes me want to leave faster. I think I can teleport us back to the train station from here even with Rahs.” Twilight stated.” Also so help me if those two went on vacation I am going to steal Dr. Choppy and do something to them that only Chrysalis would approve of.”

“Woof.” Rahs pointed out.

“Right. I'm not even in the line of succession!” Twilight flailed her wings.

“You are fifth actually.” Raven corrected.

“What?” Spike asked.

“The first in line for the crown is the first born of the two sister. Prince Sombra, we all know why that is not viable. Second in line is the second born, Princess Shimmer, also not viable right now. Third in line is Prince, Prince Blue Blood of the Blueblood family. He is a direct descendant of Princess Luna's bloodline and while his father and grandfather should be in the line of succession, Princess Luna disowned the family line some time ago and only recently allowed it to be reinstated after she got to know Prince.”

“Well why isn't he here?” Twilight fussed.

“He's in Catcun setting up a trade deal with the Abyssinians.” Raven pointed out. “After that is Sweetiebelle Reignolds due to Princess Luna's … surprisingly legal adoption of the filly as her sister.”

The Sparkles flinched thinking of what would happen if Sweetiebelle became the Princess of Equestria, along with her closest advisers Applebloom and Scootaloo.

Spike nearly turned pink as he paled at the thought of the Cutie Mark Crusaders Royal Triarchy, Yay!

“Well I can see I don't have to explain why THAT is a bad idea.” Raven stated. “Which leaves you.”

“I still want nothing to do with this.” Twilight snapped.

“We need the nobles support for a great many things. The Princesses cannot deal with everything on their own and oft need to appease the business tycoons and the like in order to keep things running smoothly.” Raven sighed. “ Not to mention the non nobles who petition the court.”

“Still not interested.” Twilight huffed.

“Woof.” Rahs considered.

“What?!” Spike and Twilight both looked at him in horror.

“Woof!” Rahs explained again.

“Why would you want to agree to this?”Spike frowned.

Rahs smiled a smile that was full of fangs, malice, and evil.

Raven quickly reassessed the idea of Sweetiebelle.

“Bork.” Rahs pointed out and both of his siblings blinked in unison, then developed grins of their own.

Yep, Sweetiebelle would have been a much better idea, Raven concluded.

“Fine, I'll do it, but I want the full reports on what the forensics teams found. My goal is to find the Princesses, not replace them. If Sombra and Sunset want to prove they didn't have anything to do with this they can help as well. Also send a message back to Ponyville and ask Pinkie and Fluttershy if they can ask Discord about this, Spike once you wake Sunset, send a message to Bleu and Iinii asking them about this and to watch themselves just in case.” Twilight ordered. “ Rahs you keep an eye on Sombra and Sunset once we start looking into this. I'll deal with the court.”

“While I am thrilled you are helping now, might I ask why the sudden change of heart?”Raven asked with more than a little worry.

“Rahs' idea.” Spike pointed out. “So don't blame me.”

“What?” Raven asked.

“Just because it's a Friday in Canterlot, doesn't mean we have to be the ones suffering from the effects of it.” Twilight pointed out, gesturing to Rahs. “He is the god of Fridays after all.”

“What?” Raven asked again.

“Fridays in Canterlot tend to be chaotic disasters, but no one ever said for whom.”

The trio grin again and Raven whimpered.

PreviousChapters Next