• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 9,094 Views, 4,088 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 4 - TDR



New gods, spiky vines, singing fish, ghost dogs, theatrical mishaps, and a new enemy seeking to destroy everything, The Sparkle siblings will have their hooves, paws, and claws full this season.

  • ...
28
 4,088
 9,094

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight Tuna Part 1

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 4
By TDR

Twilight Tuna
Part 1


[Ponyville, four days after Daring Do saved the world....at least that's what her next book will say. Saturday, Fall]

“So how are the girls doing?” Rainbow Dash asked as she stretched out on one of the libraries bean bags flipping through of an old copy of Daring Do and the Viper's Kiss.

“You mean at the moment or in general?” Twilight asked.

“Pff in general your class thingy, right now they are probably setting fire to AJ's barn or something.” Dash scoffed.

[Sweet Apple Acres]

Applejack slowly blinked looking at the new barn.

The current betting pool for it's destruction had been two weeks.

It lasted an hour.

They hadn't even put the tools away yet.

The entire structure was encased in a massive block of ice that was lowly crushing the wood inside it as it melted and refroze instantly.

“We didn't do it!” Scootaloo shouted causing AJ to look over at the trio plus Spike who all looked like they had been set on fire. Even Spike who seemed really confused by that.

Twilight looked up from where she was trying to take a hammer and a chisel to the magic key box Harmony gave them and frowned.

“Mixed.” Twilight sighed.” I'm sure you know more about Scootaloo's progress than I do with flying, right now I'm trying to focus her energy on something constructive and she's trying to build a unicycle from a kit.”

“Yeah her flying is nuts. She never had a proper teacher show her things in the air so she's doing stuff she shouldn't be doing. And she's doing it well. There's almost no pegasus alive who can make a ninety degree turn at full speed, even my best was 98 degrees, not counting rain-boom powered, cause for some reason physics goes out the window when you break the sound barrier and you're leaving rainbow contrails. But Scoots evidently didn't get the memo about what she can't do and she's not only hit a ninety, she's hit as short as a twenty degree turn at her full speed, that shouldn't be possible. A normal pegasus would rip their own wings off with the sudden Gs. But those fire things she has seem to allow her to ignore that. Fillies gonna get into the Wonderbolts before I am. Heck, word is Spitfire and Soarin came to see her themselves not long after she got her cutie-mark. They're already scouting the girl.” Dash huffed.

Twilight opened her mouth to say something, then closed it. She had some bits riding on when Rainbow Dash would find out about Scootaloo's parents. Rahs had bits that Twilight would spoil it and she wasn't going to give her brother the easy win.

“Any way the thing with the unicycle, I got her instructions on the assembly, and some how she built a tricycle.” Twilight offered working a few little wires into one of the boxes locks as she tried to pick the box open.

“What?”

“I know right, I don't even know where she got the other two wheels.” Twilight huffed, her hair standing on end where a jolt of energy fried her lock picks and shocked her.” Sweetiebelle is doing fairly good. She's shown me some exercises that Luna showed her to gain more control of her magic, She has a deeper well of power than most unicorns her age too. So long as she keeps up her practice and studies she should be come quite the mage. I need to ask her parents why she hasn't been brought to Celestia's school for gifted ponies to be tested.... when ever they get back.”

“Yeah keep an eye on Sombra when they do. He's made it clear he wants 'words' with them.” Dash waved a hoof in the air.

“Lovely something else I need to keep an eye out for here.” Twilight sighed trying to open the box with a crowbar.

“Ehh don't worry about it, they need a good butt kicking to remind them they have a kid and Sombra won't do anything to upset Sweetiebelle.”

“What?” Twilight blinked, the crowbar sailing off across the room with a crash as she lost her grip on it.

“You haven't noticed? He's seriously overprotective of those three, they have him wrapped around their hoof despite how much he protests it.” Rainbow Dash offered.

“How the heck have I not noticed that?” Twilight grumbled.

“Cause you and him butt heads every chance you get. All you're gonna see is how much an ass he is. To be fair, he is still an ass, but he seems to at least try to be polite around Rarity and the Crusaders.” Rainbow Dash shrugged. “Besides Scootaloo told me some of the stuff he's done for them.”

“Oh.”

“So what about Bloom? She blow anything up yet?” Dash asked turning a page.

“Well she's getting potion training from Zecora most of the time, though Zecora's got her own style of zebra alchemy. Bloom wants to learn pony alchemy as well and see if she can mix them. So far all she's done though is make a flower cough.” Twilight offered and frowned at the box pulling a rather large mallet from under the table.

“How does a flower cough? I didn't think plans had lungs.” Dash responded.

“They don't and this one was overly dramatic about the coughing. I expect my brother had something to do with it either directly or indirectly.” Twilight huffed.

“Ahh don't blame it on him, Rahs can't be responsible for every dramatic thing that happens. After all Rarity was here long before you guys showed up.” Dash smirked.

“Point.”

“Where is he any way?” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“Trixie invited him on a date.” Twilight sighed laying her head down on the table, the mallet broken and laying off to the side.

“Bout time. How'd that go?”

[ Two days prior]

The front door of Golden Oaks library burst open with a crash. A light blue mare with a white mane and tail, a pointed purple hat, and a billowing cloak festooned with stars and moons strode in.

“Fuzzy!” Trixie shouted.

Twilight stared at the mare from the reception desk.

“Trixie this is a library, you need to be quiet.” Twilight fussed.

“Trixie is well aware of that fact Twilight, Trixie is also well aware that you live here and Trixie cannot shout for your brother silently.” Trixie explained.

Rahs took this moment to come down the stairs to see what was going on. Trixie smiled as she saw him and sashayed up to him.

“Fuzzy. You are going on a date with Trixie on Saturday. You will need to leave fairly early, unfortunately, to make it on time. Here is your train ticket, and please dress nicely.” Trixie stated. “There will be dancing.”

Rahs blinked looking down at her, his ears perked up as he was given the train ticket.

Trixie smiled putting a hoof on his chest and stood up on her back legs to kiss his cheek before dropping back down, her tail brushing against him as she sauntered out the door .” Don't be late Fuzzy” She called back..

Twilight and Rahs stared at the door as it closed blinking in confusion. After a moment there was a loud giggle and a squee from outside before the sound of hooves running off.

“Alright so that WAS Trixie and not Saturnia trying for a second date.” Twilight offered.

“Wait, when did Trixie learn how to vamp?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“No clue. Clearly Rahs was clueless as well with how stunned he was.”Twilight offered.

“Dang might need to revise the betting pool. She was the dark horse.” Dash pondered.

“Hmm?”Twilight questioned.“Trixie was? I though Sunset was the long shot?”


“She is too, but she had better odds than Trixie. Sunset's actively helping Applejack go after Rahs and some of the things she's suggesting are just.... wow. “ Dash whistled. ”It's pretty clear she's also taking after her dad and playing a long game here too, if she can't get him now she'll try to make sure AJ or one of the other mortal girls gets him so she can pick him up later in life after they've passed.”

“Umm.”

“Saturnia's pretty high on the list as well, cause come on, who wouldn't want some one who can turn into anything you want?” Dash explained. “AJ and Jynx are about even in they are the closest to what he is and any one with any sense can see he's attracted to them at least physically. Trixie is just kinda there, her only saving grace is she's an old friend of his. That's not much to go on, but it's a big hurdle to change foal hood friend into some one you wanna bang for some ponies.”

“And here I though Cadence was the match maker.” Twilight frowned.

“Pfft, I don't care about that. I got bits on the line here, so I'm keeping a close eye on this.” Dash huffed.

“Soooooo who are you betting on?” Twilight raised a brow.

“My money's on AJ. Rarity of course is supporting Jynx, Fluttershy likes Saturnia for some reason and Pinkie's betting on all of them.” Dash explained. ”Though she's changed that every time we allow a new bid when another one shows up.”

“What did Lyra say?” Twilight asked raising an eyebrow.

“About twelve different things. It's kinda weird, she hasn't tried to bet in the overall pool. Says it gives her a headache to think about it.” Dash waved a hoof.

“That worries me.” Twilight muttered.

PreviousChapters Next