• Published 6th Jun 2020
  • 924 Views, 375 Comments

The Primrose War - Noble Thought



Lady Rosewater Rosethorn and Lord Primline Collar, rivals in a subtle battle for dominance over their twin cities divided by ideology and history, wage their own campaign.

  • ...
4
 375
 924
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 4 )

“It’s warmer in here,” Rosary said languidly, stretching out on the bench and patting the wooden cabinet doors cleverly disguised to look like panels. A hiding place in case her children needed to be hidden. “Come sit with me and help keep me warm.”

I thought Rosewater was paranoid. Apparently Rosary is worse.

How much do you know that you never say, my heart? “She… is nice. Very nice.” Anguish snapped free in her heart, and she caught a sob before it could come out. She missed her sister. She missed her aunt. She missed what things had been like before Carnation had been exiled.

...oh dear :(

Moon shivered and backed deeper into Rosary’s belly until her spine was pressed up against her sternum. “She’s scary.”

DANG YOU EVIL HORSE MOM, YOU SCARED YOUR FREAKING GRANDKIDS TOO.

As much trouble as Rosetail was, there was still hope she could be made to see that their mother was no pony to look up to, and not worthy of the attention and worry she was wasting on trying to make her mother love her.

Do I need to have a long sit down talk with Rosetail to explain to her how much Evil Horse Mom sucks? ...I do don't I?

Not quite, though. There was too much of a tremor in his ears and his tail was too still by several measures. Not a twitch as he delivered his speech about the history of Damme and the prestige of the Primlines and the history of Collar’s own family as if he didn’t already know it.

deep breath

OH BITCH BITCH BITCH.

“Yet.” Collar pointed a hoof out the window. “She will come with an army, Wing, and impose her laws on us. By Tartarus, she doesn’t even need to conquer us. All she needs to do is wait another five centuries. Or ten. Or twenty. Assuming we’re even relevant by then, and haven’t killed each other.”

Ah yes, the true Celestia game plan: literally waiting for everyone who annoys her to die.

“Naturally. It is the only peaceful conclusion to this war that can happen.”

...that is literally the dumbest plan I've heard yet.

But pointing that out would only draw out an argument he was already tired of. “All I can do is ask that you consider a different point of view.”

Celestia help this massive butthole.

11338843

I thought Rosewater was paranoid. Apparently Rosary is worse.

She did grow up living under evil horse mom's hoof. That'd make anyone paranoid of their own shadow. Kids, too, are... especially sensitive to when adults are angry. And Roseate is always angry these days.

Do I need to have a long sit down talk with Rosetail to explain to her how much Evil Horse Mom sucks? ...I do don't I?

You'd best. She's very enamored of the idea of a loving mother somewhere in there.

...that is literally the dumbest plan I've heard yet.

It really is. But that hubristic thing is very much something for pegasi to worry about. Literally always looking down on other ponies. That his eldest married a unicorn means he's not all head in the clouds, but she's got her own prejudices from her branch of unicorns.

Whenever I think of Wing. I think of the snooty, nose upturned nobility that can't possibly understand why common ponies do half the things they do. He's more educated, after all. :ajbemused:

So dead story now?

Login or register to comment