• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters
Episode 29: It's a Terran Kind of Hearths Warming: pt 11

Mrs. Cosmos paced back and forth around the spaceport terminal in Earth Spacedock. Her husband Steve watched and sighed, knowing full well what was on her mind. "Margaret, honey, Enterprise isn't gonna get here any faster if you pace back and forth. Try to relax?"

Margaret sighed. "Sorry Steve, I'm just so worried about her. You could hear it in her voice this morning, she's traumatized by this, like all those years ago."

Steve nodded. "Thank whatever higher power placed Alicia right in Jessica's vicinity early on in this period of her life. Hopefully now it won't be as bad as last time."

Margaret nodded. "Hopefully. That sister of yours is a miracle worker, did you know that?"

Steve chuckled. "I'm gonna pin that on her counseling abilities. Still a little jealous though that she was somehow able to form a bond with Jessica, and Luke, before me."

Margaret chuckled. "She had issues trusting you at first, remember? Both her and Luke?"

Steve nodded. "Yeah. I remember, and I don't blame them after Franklin. Doesn't quite quell the jealousy though."

Margaret chuckled. "Well you got your chance to bond with them when you introduced those two to Star Wars and Marvel. I'm still not sure if that was good or bad. Considering I heard NOTHING but may the Force be with you, and avengers assemble for a long time."

Steve laughed. "Hey, I'm only half responsible for that. And you can't deny that it lead to some incredible family vacations."

Margaret sighed and nodded. "No, I can't. Galaxy's Edge was especially memorable."

Steve nodded as a voice sounded over intercom. "Attention, USS Enterprise now docked with Earth Spacedock."

Margaret smiled. "Finally!"

Below them, there was a robot with two legs, a cylindrical body, and a cone shaped head. This robot was beeping like crazy and spinning around. Apparently excited about something.

Steve chuckled at the robot's excitement and knelt down to its level. "Now. J-35. Remember the deal. We bring you with us to greet Jessica. And you don't attack Twilight or Spike. I have a feeling Jessica's patience is razor thin and is not in the mood to deal with hostilities towards her Equine friends on top of that demon in her head. You promise to behave?"

J-35 beeped in reply. Steve nodded and patted J-35 on the head. "Good droid." Steve noticed a group of people coming out of the gate. He smiled. "Now, how about you greet them first." He gestured behind J-35, who turned its dome to see exactly who it wanted to see.

Jessica, Alicia, Pike, Spike, and Twilight stepped out of the gate. Pike turned to his companions. "And this is where we part ways for now. See you in a week Number One?"

Alicia nodded. "Yes sir."

Pike nodded. "In that case, I wish all of you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year." With that, Pike walked off.

Alicia nodded. "Alright. Let's find your parents Jessica. They said they'd be here to pick us up."

Jessica nodded and started looking around for her parents, only to spot a cylindrical robot on two legs racing towards them. She smiled when she recognized what, or WHO, it was. "J-35!" She knelt down to her knees just in time for J-35 to reach them and start beeping wildly. Jessica chuckled. "It's good to see you too. How have you been? What have you been up to?"

Spike did a double take and shook his head, not entirely believing what he was seeing. "Am I going crazy or is that an actual astromech droid from Star Wars."

Alicia nodded and knelt down to his level. Whispering in his ear. "It is Spike. Its been Jessica's droid friend since she was ten, when her family went to Galaxy's Edge."

Twilight, who was able to hear the conversation, arched an eyebrow. "You mean that Star Wars theme park in Florida?"

Alicia nodded. "Yeah. They have a droid shop where you can make your own droid. That's where Jessica made J-35."

Twilight nodded and cleared her throat. "Hey Jessica. You gonna introduce us to your little friend here?"

Jessica, momentarily distracted, remembered that she wasn't alone. She chuckled and turned to Twilight and Spike. "Right sorry guys. Twilight, Spike, this is J35-ICA. J-35 for short. J-35, this is Twilight Sparkle and Spike."

Twilight and Spike smiled as they held out a hoof and a claw for J-35. "Hello J-35."

"It's nice to meet you."

J-35 extended an arm from its body and shook it with Spike and Twilight, beeping in the process. Twilight and Spike, drew blanks on what that meant. Jessica saw their perplexed looks and chuckled. "She says it's nice to meet you guys too." She turned to J-35. "They can't understand droidspeak yet J-35. You're gonna need a translator with you when talking to them."

J-35 beeped in reply. Jessica leaned in to whisper in her audio receptor. "J-35, be nice."

J-35 saw the stern look that Jessica was giving her, it told her that Jessica was serious. After a minute of processing. She beeped at Jessica, who mouthed. "Thank you." She stood back up, before she was ambushed from behind when she felt two arms wrap around her in an almost bone crushing hug.

Mere seconds later, she heard her mom's voice. "Jessica! Thank god you're ok!"

Jessica chuckled as she managed to wiggle around to face her mom, which wasn't easy. "Good to see you too mom, but, could you loosen your grip? Your squeezing just a tad too tight gah!"

Margaret immediately loosened her grip on Jessica. "Sorry Jessica. I was just so worried about you."

Jessica nodded. "I know."

Steve joined them and smiled at Jessica. "Jessica. Welcome back." He took Margarets place and squeezed Jessica in a light hug.

Jessica nodded. "Happy to be back. Even if a little early."

Spike chuckled. "Blame the demon Jessica. Blame the demon."

J-35 beeped out a response to Spike, one that made Jessica, Steve and Alicia wince. Alicia gestured away from the group. "J-35 can I talk to you for a minute?" She and J-35 went off a ways from the group.

Spike lifted an eyebrow. "What did J-35 say?"

Jessica shook her head. "You're better off not knowing."

Over to J-35 and Alicia, Alicia knelt down to J-35's level. "J-35, you are SO incredibly lucky they can't understand you. That was uncalled for on so many levels."

J-35 beeped in response. Alicia sighed. "Yes. I know that the demon came from their world and they brought her here. Believe me I would very much like to strangle them for putting Jessica through so much suffering too, but I have a feeling that Jessica would just as quickly strangle US in return."

J-35 beeped an answer to that. Alicia sighed. "Shock, strangle, if we so much as hit them, we'll have a very angry Jessica on our tails. And I have a feeling there's no where we'll be able to hide. Now. That's path A. Path B, we DON'T hold a grudge against the magical flying ponies and fire breathing dragons, we get along with them, and Jessica gets her wish of her friends having a wonderful first Christmas. Which path do you prefer? Jessica's happiness? Or her wrath?"

J-35 swiveled her head to look at Jessica, who was busy showing her parents a new guitar she must've gotten as a gift on Equuis. After a moment's processing, she swiveled her head back to Alicia and beeped. Alicia smiled. "Good. Now, lets go over and take a look at that Millennium Falcon SoundBlaster Twilight gave Jessica for their version of Christmas." At that, J-35 swiveled around and practically raced back over to the group, letting out excited beeps and hoops.

Some time later, on earth, Luke and his chipmunk siblings hid behind a barrier made of snow, one of three hiding Cosmos family members. Jack peeked out from behind to see nothing of interest. He chuckled. "Hehehe. Ooh Jessica's in for a surprise when she gets here."

Destiny nodded. "And Twilight and Spike."

Luke nodded. "They don't even know they're walking right into a trap."

Brian lifted an eyebrow. "Has it not occurred to anyone that they have a FIRE breathing dragon? And an all powerful pony that can erect forcefields at the drop of a hat?"

Tasha chuckled. "That's why we're ambushing them. Thankfully mom dad and Alicia STE making sure they don't clue in on this.."

Luke nodded and giggled. "They'll be completely caught off guard."

Jack nodded. "And with more than 20 of us firing on them, we're BOUND to get a few shots off before twilight's reflexes kick in."

Molly nodded. "Or Spike's fire breath. Which BTW, they will use against us once they figure out what's going on."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Well that's what makes a snowball fight. Hey 1ok, how's the snowball production?"

A ball shaped droid beeped and booped in reply. Luke smiled. "Good. They have no idea what's coming."

At that moment, everyone heard a computerized voice from the intercom wired into the house. "Attention, Bandwagon approaching."

Luke smiled. "Go time." He pulled out a walkie talkie and pressed the talk button. "Everyone hear that? Get ready to introduce the Equine to the Annual Cosmic Snowball Fight. On my signal, unleash the avalanche."

Out in the open, the Bandwagon landed on the front landing pad. The hatch opened and its occupants stepped out. Twilight and Spike gawked at the modest house. "Wow. This is the Cosmopolis?"

Jessica nodded. "Yep."

Steve nodded. "Also known as, the place with perhaps the ONLY two true droids in existence."

Spike lifted an eyebrow. "You mean J-35 isn't the only one?"

Jessica nodded. "You'll meet him in a minute, 1o-K1. Luke's Galaxy's Edge droid."

J-35 let out a series of beeps. Jessica chuckled. "Also apparently the more troublesome of the two. Now why does that sound familiar? Mom?" There was no response, Jessica lifted an eyebrow and turned around, only to find that her parents and Alicia had vanished. "Mom? Dad? Alicia?"

Twilight and Spike turns around and saw that only J-35 was with them. Spike lifted an eyebrow. "Weren't they just here?"

Jessica nodded. "Only a second ago." She turned back to the front of the house and just then noticed the snow barriers in front of it. "What are those?"

Luke snickered and held his walkie talkie to his mouth. "Everyone on my mark. 3."

Jessica studied the barriers.

"2."

Jessica realized what was happening and her eyes widened. "Twilight erect a forcefield!"

Twilight lifted an eyebrow. "What? Why?"

"1."

"JUST DO IT!" Jessica shouted.

"MARK!" Twilight erected a forcefield around herself, Jessica, Spike, and J-35 just as the snowballs started coming.

Spike saw the barrage of snowballs and raised an eyebrow. "Snowballs? What the heck is going on?"

J-35 let out a series of beeps. Twilight lifted an eyebrow. "What J-35?"

Jessica answered quickly. "My entire family just ganged up on us in a surprise snowball fight! We're completely exposed out here!"

Spike looked around and noticed the Bandwagon wasn't too far. "Then let's get back to the Bamdwagon!"

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. Let's do that. Go!" They managed to rush behind the Bandwagon and use it for cover. Twilight lowered the shield and all of them let out a relieved breath.

Jessica peaked out from behind the shuttle to see the snowballs stopped. Jessica let out a groan. "Sure, just ambush us with snowballs. Because why just let us settle in before having some winter fun." She slapped her combadge to call her brother. "Luke! It's Jessica!"

They heard Luke's voice come through. "Oh hey sis. How was Hearths Warming?" He asked in an innocent tone.

Jessica got right to the point. "Ambushing us with snowballs? Seriously?!"

They heard Luke laugh. "What? Are you telling me you forgot about the Annual Cosmic Snowball Fight?"

Jessica facepalmed. "Well excuse the DEMON occupying my thoughts, both figuratively and literally. But beside that, I thought we were originally planning the snowball fight for Christmas Day!"

Luke giggled. "Well, it was, but then again, you were gonna be here the day after tomorrow originally."

Jessica sighed. "And we were deliberately left out of the loop."

"So, what to do I wonder."

"How about a truce until we settle in and get through introductions?"

They heard Luke laugh. "You mean you're giving up that quickly sis?"

Jessica let out a gasp. After a second, she smirked. "Oh, that's how you want to play it, you are SO gonna regret it." Without another word, she cut the connection.

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Jessica, what the hay is going on?"

Jessica giggled. "Short version, ever year the Cosmos have a big snowball fight. This year it was gonna be Christmas Day, but apparently they decided to change it to now."

Spike raised an eyebrow. "Why would they do that?"

Jessica snickered. "Because they wanted to ambush us. apparently."

J-35 let out a series of beeps. Jessica held a finger out to her. "Don't try to say you didn't know about this J-35. You KNEW what was happening."

J-35 let out another series of beeps. Jessica sighed. "It's ok J-35. Thankfully this always turns out to be fun."

Twilight nodded. "Yeah, Snowball fights are pretty fun, but how are we going to win this one?"

Jessica giggled. "How big of a snowball can you make Twilight?"

Some distance away, behind one of the barriers, Steve, Margaret, and Alicia had joined Luke, the Chipmunks, and 1O-K1. Tasha giggled. "They raised a shield more quickly than I thought."

Alicia nodded. "Anyone else feel a little guilty though? About tricking them like that?"

Jack chuckled. "Not since Jessica told us through combadge we'll regret it. I wonder what that means?"

Brian nodded. "Think we should fire another barrage?"

Luke nodded and was about to give the order, when all of a sudden, the barrier that they were hiding behind exploded, showering them with snow. Luke shook the snow off his face and looked forward, to see Jessica Spike and J-35 starting to fire snowballs at them, with J-35 acting as a snow cannon. Luke laughed. "That's more like it! Return fire!"

Pretty soon, snowballs started flying in all directions, Spike saw several snowballs flying towards their fort, he took a deep breath and let out a big burst of fire, melting all the incoming snowballs.

Jessica smiled as she threw another snowball at the enemy. "Good work Spike."

Spike chuckled. "How long do we have to keep this up again?"

"We have the keep them focused on us until twilight's ready time unleash her avalanche."

At that moment, Twilight's voice came through Jessica's combadge. "Artillery to forward defense, avalanche is ready."

Jessica smiled. "Then by all means captain Smartypants, give them the good news."

From behind the Bandwagon, Twilight blushed at the nickname Jessica gave her, and internally cursed Moondancer for bringing up her favorite doll she named Smartypants, one of the many bits of embarrassing ammunition her family gave Jessica during the two days they were on Equuis. She shook her head and brightened up her horn to increase the strength of the levitation spell around a trio of gigantic snowballs.

Luke threw another snowball at Jessicas' teams' fort. A few seconds later, he noticed that it got a whole lot darker all of a sudden. He, as well as everyone else, looked up, and gasped when they saw three giant snowballs floating above them. Luke gulped. "Oh, that's what she meant by making us regret it." He called out to his family. "SCATTER!" Everyone abandoned their forte and rushed out from under the snowballs, which dropped and impacted with the ground.

Jessica, Spike, and J-35 took cover behind their fort and watched as the snowballs impacted with the ground and splattered all over the place. When everything settled, they peaked out from behind the fort and saw the enemy all covered with snow. Jessica and Spike burst out laughing as they high fived each other. "Did that actually just work?"

Jessica nodded. "Yeah it did." She looked up to see Twilight perched on top of the shuttle. She called out to her. "Nice shots Twilight!"

Twilight smiled and fluttered down to her teammates. "Thanks Jessica. That was a good plan."

J-35 let out a series of beeps. Jessica chuckled. "You were a nice shot too J-35. As always."

"Ok, I'll say it. You did indeed make us regret ambushing you." The four snowball fight victors turned to see their opponents all getting up from the snow, all laughing. Luke and the Chipmunks had walked up to them.

Luke nodded. "I did not see those three giant snowballs coming. I was expecting a volley of dozens of normal sized snowballs at most."

Jessica chuckled. "And thus NOT catch you by surprise then? Now where's the fun in that?"

All six Chipmunks hopped up and latched on to Jessica in a group hug. "Welcome home Jessica!"

"How was your Hearths Warming? For real this time."

Jessica smiled. "Aside from the whole she-demon thing, it was actually pretty good. Lovely carols, good food, and of course the Alicorn Winter Waltz was a amazing experience."

J-35 let out a series of beeps. Jessica sighed. "I am choosing to NOT associate the AWW with my brief time as a she-demon J-35. Because for all intents and purposes, I did enjoy the experience, ponying up was particularly pleasant, and I refuse to let the demonic magic wielding batty lunatic in my head take that away from me."

Twilight smiled and reached up to kiss Jessica on the cheek. "That's the spirit Jessica. Don't let that demon ruin things for you."

Luke nodded. "Keep up that positive attitude Jess." He and Jessica fistbumped.

At that moment, they heard whistling coming from afar, followed by a male voice. "The Jessica. You guys are done catching up over there how's about you say hello to the rest of yer family, and maybe introduce the pretty gal and handsome drake while yer at it."

Jessica chuckled and turned to Twilight and Spike. "Come on you two, time to meet my family."

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Meet J35-ICA, or more commonly, J-35.

https://www.deviantart.com/importantcomponent/art/J-35-841587857

(if someone knows how to gat an image into this without having to click into another site by all means, leave a comment.)

J-35 is the droid I made at Galaxy's Edge back in January and since then the character has been in my mind. if you've read he Valentine's Day Special then you'll recognize her.

let me know what you guys think and ill see you in the next one!!!!

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 1 )

It's with a heavy heart that I must announce that this series is officially cancelled.

I just haven't been feeling inspiration for this story in months, and at this point, it is likely I never will again.

I will not be deleting it because This was my first story on this site and I want to keep it around for nostalgia, and also for the off chance that Inspiration suddenly strike me again.

for those of you who have stuck with this story, I thank you.

Login or register to comment