• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 7: Meanwhile...

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were walking along the path to the botanical gardens, where they were set to have an evening picnic surrounded by trees and little critters.

"A picnic on a warm Sunday evening surrounded by nature and cute little critters. Can you think of anything more romantic dashie?" Fluttershy looked over to her marefriend, who was looking tense. Fluttershy leaned in and nuzzled rainbow's neck. "Dashie, what's wrong? Are you nervous?" Rainbow sighed.

"Nothings wrong shy, it's just, are you sure no one will be nearby? I don't want to gain the wrong reputation around here." Fluttershy giggled.

"Oh, is my dashing rainbow worried she'll get teased." Rainbow snapped at her.

"Fluttershy, you know better then anypony else how my time at flight school went. All it takes is one incident and it's back to being called rainbow crash." Fluttershy giggled again.

"Don't you worry about a thing dashie, sapphire the bird, I guess who you'd call my eyes and ears in the gardens when I'm not there, told me that the gardens were deserted tonight." Rainbow chuckled a bit.

"Only you could manage to put an intelligence agent on the inside immediately after meeting them."

"My ability to communicate with animals comes in handy." Rainbow nodded

"That it does." Rainbow gave Fluttershy a smooch on the cheek. Causing Fluttershy to blush a little.

"You know dashie, I think I like this softer side to you. It's very sweet." Dash rolled her eyes and smiled.

"And it's only for you flutters, only you get to see this side of me." Fluttershy nuzzled Rainbow in the neck. Just as they spotted the picnic spot. Fluttershy smiled.

"Oh look, the little critters got the picnic all set up for us!" Rainbow shook her head.

"That's why we didn't need a picnic basket or blanket. Something tells me sapphire was the coordinator?" Fluttershy nodded. Rainbow sighed. "Aw well, not gonna say no to help. Though I kinda feel bad for making them do it all for us." Fluttershy smiled.

"Oh, they don't mind at all. In fact, sapphire told me how they're always happy to help set the romantic scene in their domain. For a bit of food in return."

"I knew there had to be something in it for them." Fluttershy giggled as she trotted to the picnic blanket.

"Well? Shall we?" Rainbow nodded and trotted after her marefriend, ignoring the distinct feeling that they were being watched.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the academy, T'Nea and Ivan were in one of the many holodecks, with holographic phaser pistols in their hands, this particular program they were running was a forest, and they were currently on the hunt for Sunset and Starlight, who had struck up a challenge for the two of them, use their 'superior' senses to find the ponies no matter what kind of camouflage they donned. While Ivan objected to the ponies being allowed the use of their magic, claiming that it would give an unfair advantage to the ponies. T'Nea was confident, after sunset and Starlight promised to only use appearance based camouflage spells, that she and Ivan could find them despite their use of magic. Though now, she was willing to admit that it wasn't as easy as she thought, once she realized that magic and camouflage could render their prey completely and flawlessly invisible.

"I don't think our eyes are gonna pick up anything Ivan." Ivan nodded.

"I did say their use of magic was unwise." T'Nea chuckled.

"Hey, our eyes might be useless, but we can still use our ears, and noses. Besides, if we didn't allow them the use of their magic, they'd stick out like an andorian in a room full of humans in this forest. Seriously, they're fur coats look like candy." Ivan sighed.

"As usual, your logic proves impeccable, unlike the others of your species." T'Nea took a deep breath, then let it out.

"Yeah, And they also do not hesitate to commit genocide just to prove a point, like I would."

"T'Nea, if I can be honest, I never would've thought a Romulan of all beings would be in a Starfleet cadet's uniform."

"Yeah yeah a Romulan at the academy is still surprising considering current Federation-Romulan relations."

"If I may be allowed to ponder, why?"

"Why did I leave the Empire? My people? Why did I leave my heritage behind?" Ivan nodded. "Ivan, there's a reason I never talk about my life before Starfleet Academy. It's mostly because of my father." Ivan arched an eyebrow.

"Your father?"

"Ever hear of Admiral Obisek?" Ivan's eyes widened.

"Direct descendent of the Rouge Vulcan, the one who led the revolt against surak's teachings, ultimately leading his forces from Vulcan and eventually conquering Romulus." T'Nea nodded.

"Also the man who caused the genocide of salvot III. The exact genocide that revealed the empire for what it truly was to me." Ivan lowered his pistol as he continued staring at T'Nea.

"I am almost afraid to ask what happened afterwards, with this new information available." T'Nea sighed.

"Short version, I voiced my opinions, dad got mad, mom sided with me, he locked us both up in our house, mom and I escaped, hopped on a shuttle, and fled all the way here to earth."

"Perchance, was there torture involved during your apparent imprisonment?" T'Nea froze for a second when Ivan said that, the crack of whips and electric shocks filling her ears for a few seconds, then, slowly. She nodded.

"10 years. That's how long it lasted. For 10 years mom and I suffered, 10 years, mom suffered because of me." Ivan arched an eyebrow.

"You're not saying it's your fault." T'Nea nodded.

"I knew I was gonna be in trouble for voicing my opinions, I never meant for mom to be involved." T'Nea had lowered her own phase by that point and had sat down on a tree stump. Her eyes beginning to tear up. "She could've just stood by and let dad on me, she should've, but, she didn't. And because of that she suffered 10 years of torture, from the man who she, until that point, loved with all her heart. And to this day I, I don't know why she chose me over him, especially since she likely had no plans to rebel against the Empire." T'Nea pulled up her knees against her chest and rested her head on them. Ivan sat down next to her and rested a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.

"T'Nea, you can't blame yourself for what happened, if she's as smart as you. She likely knew she'd be in danger too, but she still chose you. Could it be because she didn't care what harm came to her, that ensuring YOUR safety was her top priority?" T'Nea sighed.

"Maybe? But it just baffles me since, again, she likely never had such thoughts before, what could've happened?" Suddenly, from afar...

"Maybe seeing you have the courage sparked something in her?" T'Nea and Ivan turned to see Starlight and Sunset standing a few meters away from them, and judging by the expression on their faces, they heard everything.

"T'Nea, is that why when we asked if you ever miss your parents, you deflected? Because we inadvertently reminded you of your father?" T'Nea sighed and nodded. Starlight and sunset trotted up and sat down on the stump next to T'Nea and Ivan.

"T'Nea, I never would've guessed anything like that from you. It must've been awful." T'Nea nodded.

"Up until then I never, ever thought that someone seemingly so calm, collected, and loving could do a complete 180 turn for the worst so quickly." T'Nea shivered. "It's scary." Starlight padded T'Nea on the back.

"Well, if what you're saying is true, then he's like, a bajillion miles away from here. I highly doubt he's gonna show his face around here anytime soon." Ivan nodded.

"It would be unwise for a Romulan admiral to travel this far into Federation space. Considering the current political tension." T'Nea nodded.

"You guys are right. Romulus is thousands of lightyears away. To travel the whole distance would take years at least. And that's barring Starfleet interception." Sunset nodded.

"So just let him try to come. He'll just be wasting his time." T'Nea giggled.

"Thanks Guys, I needed that." Starlight nodded.

"Hey, helping friends in need is the Equestrian way, and who are Sunset and I to defer from that?" Sunset nodded.

"Yeah. Also, Starlight, game on!" Starlight nodded and with a puff of smoke, she was gone. Sunset turned to T'Nea and Ivan. "Time out is over. Back to our game." Sunset vanished, Ivan and T'Nea looked at each other, and T'Nea chuckled.

"Come on partner. Let's go wrangle up some magic wielding unicorns." They both nodded and within seconds, their hunt resumed.

Elsewhere on campus, the dorms to be exact, Rarity and pinkie were just hanging out. Rarity was working on a new dress design that she had in mind, and pinkie was busy on the computer their dorm came equipped with. Pinkie was browsing what she was told was the World Wide Web when she came across something. Something that made her squeal with joy.

"Oooh! Rarebear! Look what I found on this vast information pool!" Pinkie swiftly ran over and grabbed Rarity, pulling her away from her sewing kit.

"Pinkie! I am working on a very delicate dress! What is so important that you had to pull me away abruptly?" Pinkie plopped Rarity in front of the screen.

"Look What I found!" Rarity squinted at the screen and read.

"Think you have what it takes to plan a costume bash? We are looking for party planners for the Halloween dance on the 31st of October. If you think you can do it, please contact Harry Leginton in Uniform Requisition for more information." Pinkie practically bouncing off the walls.

"Isn't this awesome? Finally, my first chance to throw a party for all of Starfleet Academy! You know what we need to do!" Rarity looked at her marefriend confused.

"We?"

"Yeah! It'll be more fun if we do it together, come on, I'm sure the readers would like to see us plan it together." Rarity would've arched an eyebrow at that, if she didn't already know how pinkie was. Rarity sighed as she came to a decision.

"You know what? Why not? It'll be a chance for me to talk to Mr. Leginton about earth's fashion. I've been toying with the idea of experimenting with that." Pinkie squealed in delight.

"This is gonna be so awesome! Come on, let's see him now!" Pinkie would've made it to the door, if she wasn't stopped by Rarity's magic.

"Darling, sweetheart, it's 8:00PM, Mr. Leginton is surely off duty now. If you wish, we shall stop by Uniform Requisition tomorrow in between our studies. That sound good?" Pinkie nodded.

"That sounds perfect. This is gonna be so much fun rarebear, I just know—" Pinkie was stopped when she began shaking like a mad pony, and stopped all of a sudden. Causing Rarity to express worry.

"Pinkie, are you alright?"

"Yeah, But I haven't felt that sense since spike and Sweetie Belle fell in love." Rarity's eyes widened as she realized what this meant.

"Love is in the air!" Pinkie nodded.

"I'm not sure, but my senses tell me twilight's one of the people involved." It was rarity's turn to squeal in delight.

"FINALLY! I was beginning to think she'd never lay eyes on a special somepony!" Rarity stopped as her mind began racing. Particularly around the fact that they both knew who Twilight was with at this very moment. "And I think I may know who she may now have lay her eyes on..." Rarity smiled. "Pinkie. You thinking what I'm thinking concerning our favorite lavender Alicorn?" Pinkie smirked.

"You mean helping her win the heart of our first human friend Jessica Cosmos? You bet your sweet flank I am." Rarity giggled.

"Good. Because once twilight inevitably comes to me for advice, she's gonna need all the help she can get." Pinkie nodded.

"Ooh, I can't wait til I get to throw them a party for this." Rarity nodded.

"Oh you will Pinkie. I'm sure of it."

Out in the metropolis of San Francisco, Rara And Applejack were walking looking at a map of the city, with their route back to Starfleet Academy highlighted in blue that they were following back.

"Its amazing how big San Francisco is. It's bigger then any city on Equuis." Applejack nodded.

"Eeyup. Though I reckon that can be counted as a good thing. Since there was no way we could explore all of it in one weekend, gives us something to do while on this crazy planet." Rara nodded.

"Yeah, though with how big it is, we may need to think about asking about jet packs to something so that we can actually it without shuttles, hovercars or transporters." AJ shuddered.

"Yeah, I think I may stick with walking. You know flying's always made my stomach turn inside out." Rara giggled.

"You realized we'll eventually be flying starships, actually live on them after we graduate right?" Applejack chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Eh, to hay with my stomach turning inside out, the chance to be a pioneer just like my ancestors and Granny Smith is too tempting for me not to take it." Rara nodded.

"And it was too tempting for me to pass up being a pioneer with my favorite cowpony." Applejack blushed a bit.

"Ya know, had you told me last year that I'd be half way across the galaxy on a planet training to be a space pony, I would've laughed. And now here we are, doing just that, and I haven't laughed once at it. Huh." Rara chuckled.

"Having trouble wrapping your simple mind around it huh?" Applejack rolled her eyes.

"Hey, I can understand everything they're teaching us at the academy, and I can comprehend things like transmolecular conversion and plasma injectors. I'm simply saying that this just doesn't seem real. I'm still trying to adjust from the simplicities of the farm to the hi-tech hustle and bustle of earth. Ya don't make that big of an adjustment overnight." Rara giggled.

"No, no you don't. But it helps that our friends are here too." Applejack nodded.

"I agree. Though even with them here, I don't think I would be able to adjust without you here Rara. Having somepony here to truly understands the change I'm going through helps a ton." Rara smiled as she stared into the green eyes of her marefriend.

"Aww, AJ, that's so sweet." Rara leaned in and pecked Applejack in the lips, when she pulled away, she intertwined her tail with applejack's. “I love you AJ, with all my heart." Applejack blushed.

"I love ya too sugar. More than any apple in the galaxy." Applejack leaned in and pecked Rara on the cheek as they continued to head back to the Academy.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Let me know if I overdid it with pinkie’s antics in her and rarity’s section.

PreviousChapters Next