• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 17: Meet the Parents...And A Vengeful Princess

"Dear Twilight,

We can't wait to see you tomorrow! We're excited to see just how our favorite daughter's been doing. We're also looking forward to meeting Jessica too. From what your siblings said she seems like a great match for you. We're getting on a shuttle to Earth now. See you in 15 hours.

Love,

Mon and dad."

Group chat

Mom: can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! Jack, destiny and everyone are looking forward to meeting your new Equine friends.

Luke: 😂 and by that you mean they're excited to meet Jessica's new girlfriend.

Dad: they're not the only ones. I've been itching to meet the mare who snuck her way right into my daughter's heart.

Jessica: and you almost did at Earth Spacedock 😂. Just missed us didn't you.

Dad: if your group had just stayed there an extra 10 minutes, I would've at least been able to say hello.

Jessica: 😂 well don't worry, this time we won't run off before you get the chance.

Mom: you had better not. Do you know how long I've waited for you to find love?

Luke: yeah. It's about time Jessica.

Jessica: well, rejoice for I have indeed found love. Just make sure the chipmunks don't attack her for bringing the demon here, it wasn't her fault.

Dad: 😂don't worry, we'll look past that.

Jessica: good. We're already going to have an attack problem with Equine royalty when I inevitably encounter them, we don't need to have a problem from animal brothers and sisters too.

Mom: 😂 don't worry. I'll make sure they know not to attack twilight.

Jessica: 👍🏻

Luke: so, what time are you guys going to get here?

Dad: we should be there around noon tomorrow.

End of chat

"So, our parents are supposed to arrive tomorrow." Jessica and twilight were in their dorm, having just confirmed that both set of parents were coming the next day.

Twilight chuckled and nodded. "Yeah. At least we're getting both meet-the-parents done in one go. The sooner they get to know the real you the better I think."

Jessica chuckled. "Yeah, while my parents know about the demon, and that it can't influence you anymore, I'll have to worry about your parents saying I can't be with you because of the demon being in MY head. Better that they get to know me as the me I am now versus down the road when NM could possibly have more control over me."

Twilight chuckles. "Well, I'll just say this now. I won't let them get between us. If they can't see that your a kind, caring girl with or without a demon, then that's on them, not us."

"Then I just might have to scare them into pulling you out of Starfleet Academy then."

Twilight and Jessica jumped back as they only then just noticed NM sitting right next to Jessica on her bed. Jessica shook her head clear. "Jesus Christ! How can you be so sneaky when you're a giant Alicorn?!"

NM chuckled. "Don't let my size fool you. And I will be certain to make sure my arrival is announced tomorrow."

Jessica and twilight shook their heads. "No way."

"Absolutely not."

NM chuckled. "Oh really? And why's that?"

Jessica aimed her GL ring and captured NM in its Zero Point Energy. "Because I'm already going to need to be careful around the princesses, I am not about to do the same to Twilight's parents when I want to be as open with them as possible tomorrow." Jessica moved over to the window, opened it, and shot NM out of it with a burst of energy. Jessica closed the window and sat back down on her bed facing twilight who was on the chair next to it.

Twilight shook her head. "HOPEFULLY our request for a mind erasing device we can modify is approved soon."

Jessica nodded. "When I talked to my dad the other day, he said that he'd talk to the head of Starfleet Medical and Starfleet Command. Hopefully he'll have good new for us tomorrow."

Twilight sighed. "Hopefully. I'll feel a whole lot better once you're not suffering demon generated nightmares every other night because of me."

Jessica immediately picked up on twilight's slightly depressed tone and sighed. "Twilight—"

"I know Jessica, I know. It's not my fault. I still feel guilty tough."

"Guilty?"

Twilight nodded. "Were you expecting a demon capable of destroying the sun and bringing eternal night to be among your roommates when we were first assigned to your dorm?"

Jessica slowly shook her head. "That never crossed my mind until it literally did."

Twilight nodded. "And you've certainly never asked for it. And yet, you've suffered the brunt of NM's dream based attacks for 2 months because of my ignorance."

Jessica could tell that twilight was on the verge of tears. So, she reached forward and coaxed twilight onto the bed sitting in her lap. Jessica then wrapped her arms around twilight in a gentle embrace. "Twilight, you shouldn't feel guilty over something that you had zero control over."

Twilight sighed. "You shouldn't have had to deal with a demon from my world though, I never wanted you to suffer an ancient evil from my world. I'm sorry Jessica."

Jessica tightened her grip on twilight reassuringly. "Twilight, as much as we may want to, we can't go back and change the past. And not just because it's physically impossible at the moment. All we can do is not let it get to us and look to the future."

Twilight slowly nodded. "I suppose you're right. I still don't like that you have to suffer though."

Jessica smiled. "Well, fortunately for me I have a beautiful Alicorn marefriend who's making it a lot more tolerable just by being here."

Twilight giggled at that. "I'm glad I can do that right at least." They both chuckled for a minute before falling silent.

Jessica got an idea. "Hey Twi?"

"Hm?"

"What would you say to a movie night tonight eh? You think some Star Wars will take your mind off our 3rd roommate?"

Twilight's face lit up. "We're on A New Hope right?"

Jessica nodded, and Twilight smiled. "Can we snuggle up together while we watch?"

Jessica chuckled and nodded. "Whatever you want Twi."

Twilight smiled as Jessica got up to set up the movie.

The next day found Jessica, Twilight, Spike, and Luke in the shuttlebay, waiting for their respective families. And while spike and the twins were handling themselves rather well, Twilight was pacing back and forth with a worried expression on her face. Spike noticed and sighed. "Twilight. At least try to pretend you're not worried."

Twilight stopped and shot spike a look. "I can't stop worrying though spike, my parents will be here any minute, and there's no telling what will happen when—not if, it's definitely when—they find out about the demon."

Jessica sighed and shook her head. Twilight had been worrying about this all day. "Twilight, if you KNOW it's gonna happen, then there's no use worrying about it. All we can do is keep them from vaporizing me, and hope that they'll understand."

Twilight sighed. "I hope they do. I want first impressions to go well."

Luke noticed something in the sky descending and lifted an eyebrow. "Uh, is that your parents' shuttle Twilight?"

Twilight and spike looked up and what they saw made their irises shrink to near invisibility. Twilight started hyperventilating. "Oh no. That's the Equestrian Royal Shuttle. This is bad, this is bad, this is bad!"

Jessica lifted an eyebrow. "Why would it be bad?"

Twilight turned around and shot her girlfriend a look. "That's the shuttle the PRINCESSES use! Meaning one, or BOTH of them are here!"

Jessica let out a quiet gasp as she put together what was about to happen. She turned to Luke. "Luke, hang back. I have a feeling there's gonna be a bit of a firefight down here, soon."

Luke nodded as they watched the shuttle landed and it's doors opened. Three ponies emerged, a grey mare with a mane similar to Twilight's, a blue stallion, and a tall white Alicorn that Jessica and Luke knew HAD to be princess Celestia.

'Ok Jessica. Just stay calm, remember that you aren't the enemy, and trust that your quick reflexes and magically proficient marefriend will get you through this.'

To her credit, Jessica managed to not glance around for anything that she could duck behind instantly should things go south, despite the Princess' imposing stature thought she did glance towards twilight when she felt a few feathers wrap around her hand. She saw twilight shoot her a reassuring smile and nod. Jessica returned the smile and nod in kind. Twilight nodded one more time before turning her attention back to her parents, and walking fast towards them. "Mom, dad. You made it!"

The sparkles smiled as their daughter came up and hugged them. "Of course we did. We've waited too long to visit our little Starfleet Cadet."

Twilight's dad nodded. "And we've waited long enough to meet the human who stole your heart. Speaking of, is that her over there?"

Twilight backed away from the hug and nodded. "Yeah. That's her. Hey Jessica! Come over and meet my parents!"

Jessica walked forward towards the ponies while spike smiled at the sparkles. "Hey velvet, hey Nightlight, how've you been?"

Velvet chuckled. "We've been good spike. How about you? You staying out of trouble?"

Spike chuckled. "Yeah. For the most part."

They heard Jessica chuckled as she joined them. "Yeah. You've had an instance or two where we had to separate you from Luke over there." She gestured back at Luke, who waved.

Twilight chuckled as she turned to her parents. "Mom, dad, this is Jessica Cosmos. Jessica, these are my parents, Twilight Velvet, and Nightlight."

Jessica and the sparkles shook hands and hooves. "A pleasure Mr and Mrs. Sparkle."

Velvet nodded. "It's nice to FINALLY meet the girl who stole our daughter's heart. Thank you for everything you've done for Twilight and Spike."

Nightlight chuckled. "We know it couldn't have been easy for you."

Jessica shrugged. "Eh, it wasn't weirder than meeting any other alien species. They all have their unique abilities. And I'm not one to leave my friends lost. I would've helped them out even if Commandant Forrest hadn't ordered me to."

Velvet smiled. "Well, in any event, thank you."

"Yes. Thank you for helping my little ponies to adjust to life here on Earth." Everyone noticed that Celestia had joined them.

Twilight inwardly gulped before putting on as good a smile as she could. "Princess Celestia. We, didn't realize you were coming. I would've had everypony here to greet—"

Princess celestia cut her off. "There was no need for a formal welcome Twilight. This is purely a social visit to whom I am proud to call my friends." Celestia turned to Jessica. "And you must be Jessica Cosmos. The human girl who extended earth's magic of friendship to Starfleet's first Equine cadets."

Jessica nodded, and tried her hardest to sound like she wasn't nervous as she politely bowed. "Yes. It's a true privilege to make your acquaintance, your majesty."

Celestia smiled. "There is no need to observe proper formalities Jessica. As I said, I am here purely for a social—" Celestia stopped as she suddenly became very, very still.

Twilight noticed this and became very nervous at what Celestia May have just found out. "P-Princess Celestia?"

"There's another pony here, hiding. Somepony I haven't encountered in a long...time." Celestia's eyes shot wide open as unfolded her wings. "NIGHTMARE MOON!" Celestia took off and her horn began to glow.

Twilight noticed who she was looking at and immediately went into action, lighting her own horn. "Everyone get behind me!" Spike took care of the startled sparkles while Jessica and Luke ducked behind twilight. Twilight lit her horn and raised a fortified wall between them and Celestia. Celestia finished charging up and fired a beam right at the wall, the beam collided with the wall and the wall stopped the beam. The beam continued to come.

Twilight grunted at the force. "Gah! Celestia! I can assure you there's an explanation for this! But you have to cease your attack or this will end in more casualties than you're intending!"

The beam didn't stop, and Velvet and Nightlight were terrified that their princess was attacking them. Velvet turned to spike. "Spike, what's going on here? Why is the princess shooting at us?"

Spike shook his head. "Not us. Just Jessica. She's aiming to vaporize Jessica."

Nightlight gasped. "What?! Why?"

Luke responded. "Ever heard of Nightmare Moon?" Velvet and nightlight gave confused nods. Luke continued. "Short version, she's back, and she's hiding out in Jessica's mind."

Velvet and Nightlight both turned to look at Jessica. "Jessica is that true?!"

Before Jessica could answer, twilight beat her to it. "Yes it is, we'll explain everything once Celestia comes to her senses!"

The beam continued to come. And Luke noticed cracks slowly starting to form in the wall. "Twilight!"

Twilight nodded. "I see it Luke, I'm giving it all I got but she's too strong for me! We need to stop her somehow, fast!"

"We'll take care of that!" Two bolts of magic cane flying out of nowhere and collided with celestia's beam, causing an explosion that forced a cease in the beam. Celestia grunted at the sudden feedback. She looked down to see the smoke clearing, revealing Starlight and Sunset between her and the wall, with their horns glowing.

Sunset turned to the group behind the wall. "Everyone ok?"

As if to answer her question, Twilight's magic gave out and she collapsed, right into Jessica's arms. She breathed heavily as she grunted. "Ugh. Remind me to kill Nightmare Moon for this."

Starlight chuckled. "I'm only going to say get in line because of the Alicorn sun goddess that has an even deeper hatred of Nightmare Moon."

Sunset turned to Celestia, who was glaring down at them. "Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer. What is the meaning of this?

Starlight stared right into Celestia's eyes. "We are protecting our friend from a wrongful and premature execution, your highness."

Sunset nodded. "And not just Jessica. You were so blind by your desire for vengeance against Nightmare Moon that you nearly extinguished half a dozen innocent lives."

Celestia scoffed. "Perhaps you are unaware that the one you call Jessica Cosmos is nothing more than an illusion created by Nightmare Moon!"

Sunset shook her head. "Had you let twilight explain like I'm sure she TRIED to do. You would know that that isn't true!"

Spike nodded. "Yeah. Just give us a chance to explain, it'll all make sense. I promise."

Celestia didn't say a word as she continued glaring that the ground. After a moment, velvet spoke up, stepping forward. "I would like an explanation to all of this." She looked up at princess Celestia. "Princess, I admit I do not know Jessica as well as my daughter, but from what my son, who has spent a week around her, says, she doesn't sound like a demon in disguise."

Nightlight nodded as he joined his wife. "I say we give them a chance to explain what's going on your majesty. I mean, if she were Nightmare Moon in disguise, surely she would've tried to attack in retaliation by now."

Celestia looked between the sparkles and the group around Jessica. Nightlight and Velvet had a point, Nightmare Moon would surely have done SOMETHING in retaliation by now. And yet the only ones who retaliated were her most faithful student and two of her friends. Deciding that it would be more advantageous to hear their story, Celestia dimmed her horn and landed on the ground, folding her wings to her sides. "Very well, because the alternative is less desirable given the circumstances, Twilight, if you would please explain why it is that I sense Nightmare Moon here."

Twilight nodded as she and everyone else still not on their hooves and feet got up onto them. “With pleasure. I will start by getting one thing clear. Nightmare Moon is indeed here, on earth, within Jessica. However, she is currently more or less harmless. Only able to communicate via construct, or disembodied voice.”

Celestia nodded. “That is good, at least. Now, start at the beginning Twilight.”

Twilight nodded. “It began three years ago when the elements of harmony defeated her during the Summer Sun Celebration. When she was defeated, her spirit somehow survived the blast, and while I can’t be sure when it happened, the spirit anchored itself in MY mind and hid there.”

Celestia’s, Velvet’s, and Nightlight’s eyes all widened. “She’s been hiding in YOUR mind sweetie?!”

“For three years right under our muzzles?!”

“How am I only now sensing her presence?”

Twilight sighed. “Yes, yes, and I haven’t the slightest idea Princess. Maybe it’s because she is now in a mind not connected to Equine Inner Magic? Anyway. She hid there for three years, taking care to not change me to further be inconspicuous. When I was sent here to earth, she almost immediately found a new mind to call her own, one what she must’ve thought would be easier to control once the time was right, and jumped ship.”

All eyes turned to Jessica, where Nightmare Moon was hidden. Jessica sighed. “I just heard her one night soon after the Equine arrived and I’ve been hearing her ever since.”

Celestia nodded, than turned to twilight. “How is it that you came to learn of Nightmare Moon’s return?”

Twilight sighed, this was the explanation she wasn’t looking forward to. “We all, every Equine on Earth and Starfleet alike, learned of her return during Nightmare Night, where she grew strong enough to send a construct out to communicate with the outside world.“

Celestia raised an eyebrow. “That would have been a moon after I sent you to this planet. If Jessica had been hearing Nightmare Moon from the beginning, why is it that she did not say something sooner?”

Jessica sighed. “Because at the time your majesty, I couldn’t figure out if it was a figment of my imagination or not. The name Nightmare Moon sounded familiar to me, but I couldn’t figure out why. And I didn’t want my at the time new Equine friends to think I was crazy. Considering they defeated her. So I looked for anything that could help me to understand just what I had in my mind. And by the time I figured it out, Nightmare Night came and the demon beat me to the punch and revealed herself.”

“That is right I did, and it was so hilarious to ruin your plan to serenade the magic pest.” Everyone nearly jumped out of their skin as they watched Nightmare Moon appear right in the middle of them, laughing.

Celestia immediately took a defensive posture as she glared at the demon. “NIGHTMARE MOON!”

NM turned and smirked at Celestia. “If it is not my favorite pest of a sister. Guess who is back!”

Celestia growled. “How is it that you are still alive!”

NM chuckled. “Well for once dear sister, I am just as clueless as you are. But that does not matter now does it? I am back, and THIS TIME, I shall destroy the sun and bring eternal night to the galaxy! And there is truly NOTHING you can do about it! I have taken refuge in the mind of the one the magic pest loves with all her heart and so far that has worked out in my favor.” NM disappeared in the blink of an eye. “And I shall take immense satisfaction in watching you restrain yourself in order to protect an innocent life. And also. Thank you for the meal you have given me today. It was a truly delicious buffet of fear!” NM’s following laughter dissipated, leaving Celestia and the Sparkles frozen in shock. Everyone else watched them carefully, trying to anticipate what they were going to do.

Sunset eyed Celestia. “Princess?”

They all saw Celestia’s horn begin to glow, starlight, Sunset and Twilight immediately got into a defensive position as their own horns began to glow.

Twilight eyed the princess. “Celestia, I know you want to destroy Nightmare Moon, but it’s not worth it to sacrifice an innocent life to do so when that innocent life hasn’t done anything but extend Earth’s magic of friendship to us. Ask anyone here and they’ll tell you that Jessica Cosmos doesn’t have an evil fiber in her body.”

Celestia didn’t move for a good minute, then closed her eyes and scrunched up her face, as if in pain. After a few seconds, her horn dimmed and her wings returned to her sides. “You are right Twilight. It is neither right or fair to extinguish an innocent life to destroy a demon when the innocent life was only caught in the crossfire, and based on what I have heard of Jessica from sources that have encountered her, along with what has been said here today, she is not Nightmare Moon’s puppet, but rather her unfortunate host.”

The three ponies dimmed their own horns and all the cadets let out a sigh of relief. “Oh thank the maker you’ve come to your senses. I was afraid we were going to have to call for reinforcements to help force you to listen.”

Celestia let out a nervous chuckle. “Indeed.” She turned her attention to Jessica. “Jessica Cosmos?”

Jessica, still a little nervous, cautiously approached Celestia. “Yes your majesty?”

Celestia sighed. “I want to apologize for my behavior today. I let my emotions get the better of me and you did not deserve the result. I do hope we can put this behind us and become friends.”

Jessica smiled as she finally relaxed. “I understand where you were coming from Princess. If I were in your shoes, I might’ve acted the same way.”

“I may have overreacted when I sensed Nightmare Moon within you. I let my deep resentment cloud my judgement and drive my actions. You did not deserve that, and I am sorry.”

Jessica nodded. “Well, fortunately we have good friends who are there to keep us on track.” Jessica looked back to her friends.

Celestia nodded. “Indeed we do. So, we are agreed to be friends?” Celestia held out her hoof for a handshake.

Jessica smiled and nodded and she took it and they shook hands. “Yeah. We’re friends.”

Twilight noticed that Jessica and Celestia were shaking hands, that meaning only one thing, and unable to resist anymore, she bolted towards Jessica.

Jessica suddenly felt something furry practically crash into her and she saw a pair of forelegs and wings wrap around her, followed by the obviously happy and relieved voice of her girlfriend. “Oh jessica, I’m so so happy that you’re finally safe from Celestia’s wrath. I was afraid I was gonna lose you forever! I love you so so much!” Before Jessica could even process what was happening, twilight spun her around and quickly began planting kisses all over her, causing everyone around them to chuckle, giggle, and snicker.

Jessica managed to pull away from Twilight after a few seconds, chuckling in the process. “Ok, ok. Your happy I’m not dead. Me too Twilight. But at least keep some of the restraint you must’ve had? Your parents are watching, and the princess.”

Nightlight and Velvet approached them, easing out of their laughter in the process. “You were that worried eh Twily?”

Twilight released Jessica from the hug and smiled sheepishly. “Can you really blame me? My girlfriend nearly died today.”

Velvet chuckled. “I suppose we can’t. We probably would’ve been just as worried.”

Nightlight nodded. “Speaking of your girlfriend. Jessica, is your love for our daughter genuine?”

Jessica nodded without hesitation. “I promise. My love for twilight is all me. I can confidently say being of sound mind and body that I love your daughter with all my heart and will never do anything to hurt her. And by extension, I will do everything in my power to keep Nightmare Moon from doing anything.”

Velvet and Nightlight stared at Jessica for a minute before smiling. “Remember that. Because, barring demon influence, if we hear that you do hurt our baby, there will be no where in the universe you can hide that we won’t find you.”

“And I’m sure Moondancer and Shining Armor will be looking for you as well.”

Twilight’s smile grew even wider as she practically crashed into her parents in a group hug. “This day just keeps getting better!”

Jessica chuckled and nodded. “Now all we need is for you meeting my immediate family to go well and we can consider today to be a complete success.”

They all heard Luke shout. “Heads up sis! Bandwagon incoming.”

Jessica looked up and saw a shuttle coming in that she recognized as her family’s shuttle. “And speak of the devil, that’s them now.” Everyone looked up to see the shuttle landing.

Jessica couldn’t help but smile. So far today She had avoided being vaporized by Princess Celestia, Twilight’s parents didn’t hold the crazy lunatic in her head against her, and her parents seemed like they were looking forward to meeting Twilight. As long as her adopted chipmunk siblings only throttled Nightmare Moon, which Jessica was looking forward to seeing, than she could consider this to be one of the few days that she would happily relive during NM’s time in her mind.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Well. Twilight and Jessica dodged the Celestia bullet. Now the only princess left they have to survive is Luna, and she may not be so easy to convince. But, yeah. Twi’s parents have met Jessica and approve of her. Now we move on to Jessica’s family, consisting of her parents and her 6 adopted siblings. How will that go? Find out next time!

PS, let me know how I did with Celestia’s reaction. I feel like she would actually try to immediately vaporize Nightmare Moon no matter what’s standing in her way but let me know what you think.

PreviousChapters Next