• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 28: It's a Pony Kind of Christmas: pt 10

Celestia's sun rose to shine over Canterlot to another beautiful winter morning. On this particular morning, the sound of little fillies and colts acted as the alarm clocks as they awoke to the prospect of having been visited by Santa Hooves. In the Sparkle House, two fillies, a colt, and a baby dragon sounded the alarm.

"It's Hearths Warming Day!"

"Presents!"

"Everypony get up!"

They banged on the doors, waking almost everyone up. They all rushed downstairs as the adults slowly woke and congregated in the hall. Shining, Cadance, and Moondancer exited their shared room and passed Twilight's door. Stopping to make sure Twilight and Jessica were up, shining knocked on the door. "Twily, Jessica. Hearths Warming Call!" No response came.

Cadance stopped next to him and tried to get a response. "Twily? Everything ok in there?" Still no response. Cadance sighed and turned to shining. "You go down and get Flurry all situated. I'll handle these two." Shining nodded and proceeded down stairs, Cadance proceeded to push the door open, and she found Twilight's bed and Jessica's sleeping bag empty. Cadance lifted an eyebrow. 'Empty sleeping bag and bed. Either they aren't here, or...' Cadance gave a little smirk as she entered the room and looked on the OTHER side of the bed. She stopped when she saw Twilight and Jessica fast asleep wrapped up in each other. Cadance smiled. 'Aww. Aren't you two simply adorable.' As much as she didn't want to wake them and just let them sleep, she knew they'd be awake in the next few minutes one way or another. So she stepped closer and leaned down and started nuzzling Twilight. "Twilight." She whispered in her ear. "It's time to wake up. You don't want to miss opening presents."

Twilight started stirring as her eyes slowly fluttered open. "Mmm. Too early."

Cadance chuckled. "Blame Kicker, Sparkler and that dragon of yours." She turned to Jessica and started nuzzling her awake, right in the sweet spot.

Jessica started giggling awake. "Twilight. Stop. You know that tickles."

Cadance chuckled. "Actually, I had no idea. now I do."

Jessica recognized Cadance's voice and her eyes shot open. "Cadance!" She realized that her arms were still around Twilight. She quickly untangled her self and scooted away a few inches. "Uh, we didn't do anything!"

Twilight nodded quickly. "Yeah. Just, just snuggling."

Cadance chuckled. "Don't worry, I can guess what happened for you two to end up like this. Anyway, time for presents, and Jessica?"

"Yes Cadance?" Jessica asked.

Cadance smiled as she turned to leave. "I'd change into something more comfortable. Maybe some PJs?" With that, Cadance left the room.

Jessica realized what that meant and looked down, she saw that she was still in her Yule Ball dress. Jessica sighed. "God Rarity's gonna kill me if this dress is ruined."

Twilight giggled. "Don't worry. She'll more likely be mad at her than you." Both girls got to their feet. Twilight gestured towards the door. "I'll meet you down there. I'd hurry if I were you. Sparkler and Kicker do not like waiting."

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. See ya down there." With that, Twilight left the room, Jessica went for her duffel bag and reached in to get her pajamas. All of a sudden, her phone started ringing. She looked back to where she had apparently left it on the floor. She went to pick it up. She looked at the screen to see that it was her mom calling. She reached into her duffel bag and retrieved one of her earbuds. She put it in her ear and tapped it to accept the call. "Hey mom."

"Jessica? Jessica is that you?"

Jessica nodded as she started changing. "Yeah. It's me."

She heard her mother sigh in relief. "Thank god. Your dad told me the demon possessed you last night. Are you alright? A-are you hurt?"

Jessica shook her head. "I'm fine mom."

A few seconds passed before Jessica heard her dad through the line. "Jessica, it's you're dad."

"Hey dad. You heard about last night?"

"Pike clued me in. What happened? I thought you said the demon wouldn't be able to do anything as long as you had that necklace?"

Jessica shrugged. "I thought so too. I'll have to ask Princess Celestia if she has any idea how this could've happened."

She heard her father sigh. "Are you sure your alright? Nothing's broken?"

Jessica nodded. "I'm fine dad. Really."

"Jessica, you have a demon running around in your head that possessed you last night. You're not fine. I can hear it in your voice."

Jessica sighed. "I guess your right."

Jessica heard her father sigh. "Jessica, I think it might be a good idea for you to get out of there as soon as possible. Get away from the magical planet that the demon is from."

Jessica nodded. "That sounds like a good idea."

"Enterprise is still in orbit so they can be your ride home. And if for what ever reason you're staying, I still want you to beam up there so you can talk to aunt Alicia. I think it would be good for you."

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. I'll make sure to do that."

"And in the meantime, get that containment spell strengthened. I have a gut feeling you're gonna need it."

"I'm not sure if that's even possible but I'll see."

"Alright. We're glad your safe Jessica. You have no idea how worried we are about you."

Jessica nodded. "I know. I'm hoping we'll be able to get rid of this thing in my head soon."

"Hopefully. Alright. Well, call us later when you decided what you're doing. Alright?"

Jesica nodded. "I will. And I'll also beam up to Enterprise some time today."

"I'd do it sooner rather then later, I could tell Alicia really wanted to rush to you and you know how she can get."

Jessica chuckled. "Let me guess. Pike's preventing her from beaming to the surface."

"Yep."

Jessica chuckled. "Then I'll be sure to beam up—" she was interrupted by banging on the door. Followed by the voices of Kicker and Sparkler.

"Jessica, what's taking so long?"

"Get down here. We're all waiting on you. And there's a big one under the tree with your name on it!"

Jessica chuckled as she called out. "Be down in a minute!" She turned her attention back to her parents. "I better go. Twilight's cousins are getting impatient. I'll be sure the beam up to Enterprise at the first opportunity."

"Alright. Try to have a good day Jessica. And please keep us updated. Everyone's worried about you."

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. I'm told my phone practically blew up with calls last night. Both missed and calls that Spike answered."

"News travels fast. Especially when the captain who was at the incident is a dutiful family friend."

Jessica nodded. "I suppose I owe a thank you to Pike."

"Yeah. Anyway, have a good day Jessica, love you."

"Love you too guys. See you soon. Bye" Jessica touched her earbud to cut the connection. She sighed. 'Curse you Nightmare Moron, you've really done it this time.'

Nightmare Moon chuckled. "And it was a welcome surprise. Ooh it was like an all you can eat buffet of fear."

Jessica groaned as she made her way to the door. "I bet you got a kick out of my panic attack last night."

NM nodded. "A good kick out of it. A good snack after that buffet."

Jessica shook her head. "Shut up. The only reason you were able to do that is because of the Alicorn Winter Waltz, not doing that again until you're gone."

NM chuckled. "Oh, then you are never doing it again? Because face it you brat, you are never getting me out of my head."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "We'll see about that you witch." On that comment, Jessica blocked NM and proceeded out the door.

In Canterlot Castle, Celestia was once again going through books, borderline frantically looking for anything that could shed a little light on the magic surrounding the Alicorn Winter Waltz, which in turn could shed some light on how Nightmare Moon was able to harness said magic to possess Jessica despite the containment spell. 'There has to be something Luna and I preserved that could explain what happened last night.' Celestia had sent Discord to check the library at the Castle of Two Sisters for any leads. She reached the end of another book and sighed. Nothing. "At this rate We will not have any before Jessica leaves. And I am sure She would like at least some kind of explanation beforehand."

"Yes. I'm sure she would." Celestia looked down to see Flash Sentry looking up at her.

Celestia landed in front of him. "Captain Sentry. I believe I had said that I was not to be disturbed at the moment."

Flash sighed. "I apologize your majesty. But the nobles are in the throne room, and they won't leave until they see you. And they are not happy."

Celestia sighed. It happened. "Inform them I will be there momentarily."

Flash nodded. "Of course your majesty." He turned to leave, but then stopped, and turned back to his princess. "Your majesty. I admit I haven't a clue on Tartarus what's going on with Jessica, but I do believe she and Nightmare Moon are NOT one and the same, if her being allowed anywhere on this planet is any indication."

Celestia smiled a little. "Jessica Cosmos would be happy to hear that. Dismissed Captain."

Flash gave a respectful bow and left. Leaving Celestia to prepare herself for a whole lot of angry nobles.

In the throne room, Rosy Quill had been the Royal Sisters' most trusted assistant for several years, and she had dealt with a lot of angry visitors in her time, but a whole room full of angry nobles in response to the Yule Ball Disaster might actually take the cake. Rosy Quill tried to get a word over the angry shouting. "Everypony calm down! I'm sure Captain Sentry will be here any minute." At that moment, she saw Flash, and frowned when she didn't see the princess with him. She rushed over to him and gave him a frantic look. "I thought you were getting the princess!" She whispered.

Flash nodded and cleared his throat. "Her majesty will be here momentarily!" He called out.

That statement only sent the room into further uproar. "We demand an explanation for what happened!"

"And more importantly, what she plans to do about that ruffian from Earth!"

"I say she be executed!"

Rosy shook her head. "It's like they're a pack of predators and Ms. Cosmos is their prey."

Flash nodded. "Mistaken prey, because she's only the victim."

Rosy nodded. "Celestia clued me in on the situation last night. Thank Elysium they don't know where Ms. Cosmos is. The poor girl."

Flash nodded. "Maybe you can clue me in after we deal with these idiots? I'm only aware that she's a victim."

Rosy nodded. "Of course."

At that moment, a bang came from the throne. Everyone turned to see Princess Celestia sitting all high and mighty on her throne.

The nobles smiled and gave a respectful bow. Celestia nodded. "Everypony take a deep breath. And then calmly explain why you are here instead of with your families on this day."

One of the nobles stepped forward and spoke. "Your majesty. We are here because we demand to know what you plan to do about Jessica Cosmos. Who last night revealed her true identity as Nightmare Moon."

"We demand that that ruffian be executed for her crimes against the crown!"

"Along with that treacherous Twilight Sparkle, who is obviously working with the threat!"

Rosy and Flash's jaws dropped. They also wanted Twilight executed?! Rosy cleared her throat. "Ahem! Excuse me but I doubt Princess Protégé Twilight Sparkle would ever work with or for the likes of Nightmare Moon. Especially since she helped to defeat said threat some time ago!"

The nobles turned to Rosy and gave her a stern look. "Perhaps you are unaware that they are romantically involved with each other!"

"As such they MUST be working together!"

"That is how Nightmare Moon was able to sneak into the castle last night—" The noble turned and pointed at Celestia. "—That is how she was able to slip right under your muzzle you majesty."

Celestia had had enough. While she was expecting execution to be targeted towards Jessica, these ponies crossed the line when they suggested the same fate for her most faithful student. She cleared her throat. "That is enough!" The room became quiet as a library. Celestia continued. "Rest assured that Nightmare Moon will be brought to justice for what she has done. But I shall not order the death penalty on Twilight Sparkle until there is evidence against her that warrants such a fate."

Blueblood raised an eyebrow. "Evidence?! She helped Nightmare Moon get into the castle by disguising her as her "date" Jessica Cosmos! That should be evidence enough!"

Celestia shook her head. "You are sorely mistaken dear nephew. There are many things going on that you do not understand." She turned her attention to the rest of the nobles. "All of you are clearly wanting a full explanation on what is going on. Why Nightmare Moon has been allowed anywhere on this planet without consequence. I assure you that I will divulge the details of the situation in due time. Until such a time comes. I feel inclined to inform you that Jessica Cosmos is under the protection of the crown. And to act against her is to act against me and my sister. Is that clear?" The nobles all slowly nodded. Celestia nodded back. "Then I hereby dismiss this impromptu court session. Happy Hearths Warming."

With that, the nobles all filed out of the room. Flash watched them go and saw a few looks of annoyance and even a few scheming looks. Once the room cleared out. He turned to Celestia. "Your majesty. They aren't going to let this go."

Celestia sighed. "I know. And I have a feeling they won't wait for me to release a formal statement."

Flash nodded. "Your majesty. Permission to patrol Harmony street today. And break up any riots that may arise?"

Celestia nodded. "Granted. Good luck Captain." Flash saluted and ran off to his assignment. Leaving Rosy Quill to sigh.

Rosy turned to the princess. "Is there anything else you wish for me to do your majesty?"

Celestia shook her head. "That will be all Rosy Quill. Take the rest of the day off. You have earned it."

Rosy smiled. "Thank you your majesty." She bowed and left the room. Leaving Celestia to her thoughts. 'We have to get Jessica offworld before she gets hurt.' She got off her throne and ran off the find Luna.

Back at the Sparkle house. Flurry Heart lit her horn and practically vaporized the wrapping paper off one of her presents. Seeing that it was a box with a lid, she lifted the lid and peered inside. She lit her horn again and everyone saw a toy starship seemingly launch out of the box and assumed a hovering position. Flurry smiled and giggled, which made the ship star flying in circles around her. Everyone watched the scene and chuckled.

Cadance turned to Jessica and Twilight, who had been the ones who gave it to her. "A toy starship. Good thinking."

Twilight smiled. "It was Jessica's idea. You guys are always saying how Flurry never takes off her combadge."

Jessica nodded. "So I figured, why not give her a ship to command? That particular model is the NX-01. Earth's first warp 5 capable vessel. But there's more." Jessica turned her attention to Flurry. "Hey Flurry." She stood up as Flurry turned her cute little head to look at Jessica. Jessica gestured to the toy ship. "There's a button on the top of the ship. Right in the middle. Go on and press it." Flurry brought the ship closer to her to peer at its top. She reached out with her hoof to the middle. She turned back to Jessica and gave her a questioning look. Jessica nodded. "Yeah. Right there."

Flurry pushed down on the spot and the ship reacted immediately. Everyone watched as two small holes opened and two bulbs filled the holes, and two stick popped out of the bulbs facing the front of the ship. As that was happening, there was a voice coming from the ship. "Battle stations, arm phase cannons. Full power."

Flurry smiled and pressed the button again, this time laser pointer type beams lit up from the two sticks.

Sparkler and Kicker saw this and smiled. "Wow. That thing is so cool!"

"What did you say it was again Jessica?"

Jessica chuckled. "A toy model of the NX-01, the first earth ship capable of Warp 5." She sat back down in her spot next to Twilight. "The real ship had weapons called phase cannons that were more powerful then any other weapon, short of a torpedo, during the era. This one's just got laser pointers to make this thing safe for kids, but also accurate."

Flurry smiled and started flying the ship around the room, magically pressing the button again and again as if attacking everything in sight.

Moondancer chuckled. "And now everything's in danger of being a wall for flurry to accidentally crash that thing in to."

Cadance nodded. "Yeah." She lit her horn and a light blue aura replaced the golden aura that was Flurry's magic, effectively taking the toy out of her grip. "Which means this is more of an outdoor toy flurry or at least a space bigger like the cavernous hallways of a castle."

Flurry giggled and flapped her wings to practically crash into Jessica, hugging the girl with her wings.

Shining chuckled as he examined. "I say that thing will get a lot of use. How durable is it?"

Jessica answered. "Extremely durable, it was made with little kids in mind. Or in this case..." she ruffled Flurry's mane, earning a giggle from the foal. "Foals."

That got everyone chuckling. Sparkler charged under the tree and grabbed the largest present with her magic. She turned to Twilight. "Hey Twilight, can Jessica open this one now? It looks like it's gonna be good."

Twilight chuckled. "I'd like for her to open that one last."

Jessica chuckled. "It must a good one if it's one of those going-out-with-a-bang kind of things."

Twilight chuckled. "You'll just have to see."

Nightshade chuckled and summoned a different gift from the tree. He guided the gift to Jessica. "In that case, this one is from all of us to you Jessica."

Sunny Crisp nodded. "Just a little something to get you into the holiday spirit."

Jessica nodded and plucked the package out of air. She tore open the wrapping paper and lifted up its contents. A sweater adorned with Hearths Warming decoration. Jessica smiled. "A Hearths Warming sweater. Oddly enough I knew this was coming eventually."

Twilight Velvet chuckled. "And I'm sure your family has a sweater all lined up for our Twily and Spike too."

Sunny Crisp nodded and motioned for Jessica to try it on. "Go on, try it on. I've never sewed together anything for a human before, so it might be a weird fit."

Jessica chuckled. "I can tell a lot of thought went into this sweater. And I can't say no to the centerpiece." Indeed, the centerpiece of the sweater was the Starfleet delta over Twilight's Cutie Mark. A symbol that she recognized was quickly becoming the symbol of their relationship. She slipped the sweater over her head and down her body. She fished by sliding her arms through the sleeves, and she found that the sweater actually fit pretty well. She smiled. "It actually fits just fine."

Sunny Crisp smiled. "Really? Oh thank Celestia. I was worried that even with your measurements I wouldn't be able to get it just right."

Jessica was gonna ask how Sunny Crisp got her measurements. But quickly deduced that it was all thanks to Spike and his Firemail. Instead, she just smiled. "Well, I love it. Thank you. All of you."

Velvet nodded. "Of course dear."

Spike chuckled. "Hey Twi, think it's time for everypony to get their gifts from Earth?"

Twilight nodded. "Oh, yes." She lit her horn and summoned 5 similarly sized boxes out from under the tree. She floated one to each pair of couples, and Moondancer. "You can all open them at the same time. It's the same thing."

Everyone nodded and started tearing off the wrapping paper. They all found unmarked boxes. Shining lifted an eyebrow at Twilight. "This isn't some kind of trap is it Twily?"

Twilight chuckled and shook her head. "Not a trap. The boxes are just unmarked because what's inside them, Spike Jessica and I actually made ourselves."

Everypony lifted the lids off the boxes and peered inside. To find some kind of machine inside. Nightshade eyed Twilight. "What are they?"

Twilight turned to Jessica. "Jessica? Care to explain?"

Jessica nodded. "They're interstellar communication stations. They allow for instant real-time communication across vast distances."

Honey Pear smiled. "Like from Equuis to Earth!"

Twilight nodded. "Yep. They're capable of both audio only calls or video calls."

Nightlight smiled. "So we don't need to use letters anymore."

Jessica shrugged. "Well, not exactly. Right now These units are hardwired to transmit to either the computer set up in our dorm on earth, or my phone for when we aren't in our dorm, or each other."

"So we'd need to have Jessica's phone available to us if the latter is the case."

Nightshade nodded. "Ok. Can these things be hardwired to more devices?"

Spike nodded. "Of course. So when Twilight and I get phones, we'll be able to hardwire these things to them."

Twilight nodded. "Yeah. And Cadance, Moondancer, we made your units match the decor of your homes. Just a small detail Rarity suggested."

Moondancer chuckled. "Well, at least now we can talk more easily. Hey Jessica. Did you happen to get phones for Twilight and Spike for, what is it on earth? Christmas?"

That got everyone laughing. Jessica shrugged. "I'm not telling. You'll just have to wait and see if you get a call in the next few days."

Twilight giggled. "And yes. Spike and I promise to call everyone if we do get phones."

Everyone nodded. "We look forward to it thanks guys."

Kicker nodded. "Ok that just leaves one present left. The big mystery From Twilight To Jessica gift."

Sparkler nodded. "Yeah! Come on let's see what it is!"

Twilight chuckled. "I'm not sure who's more excited. Jessica or you two."

Thunderhoof chuckled. "They're kids. It's in their nature."

Twilight nodded and summoned the big present from behind the tree. She carefully guided it to Jessica. "Here you go Jessica. I hope you like it."

Jessica giggled. "I'm sure I will. I don't suppose I can get you to give me a hint?"

Twilight shook her head. "Nope."

Jessica nodded. "Ok then." Jessica propped the gift of her knees and started tearing away at the paper. She eventually got rid of enough of it that she could see some writing on it. She smiled when she saw that it was from Fender. Fender was a guitar manufacturer that her current guitar came from. She turned Twilight. "A new guitar huh?"

Twilight smiled sheepishly. "Keep going. There's more."

Jessica continued to tear the wrapping paper until it was completely off the box. She took a look at the front and saw the model was a SoundBlaster, one of the newer models that had the ability to put out different guitar types. "A SoundBlaster guitar? This is getting interesting."

Twilight nodded. "There's even more. Look in the box."

Jessica set the box down on the floor and carefully lifted the lid of the box. Her eyes widening as she saw exactly WHAT was in the box. "Twilight. You didn't." She lifted the guitar up out of the box for everyone to see. And it wasn't like anything they had seen before. Instead of the body being in the shape of an eight like a normal guitar, it was shaped like like the tail of a peacock. Though not nearly as pretty. It also had a little bit protruding off the bottom. Jessica tore her eyes off the guitar and back on to Twilight. "You actually got Fender to make a custom Millennium Falcon SoundBlaster for me?"

Twilight nodded. "Yeah. I was thinking about what I could get you for Hearths Warming—before Celestia told me about the anchor thing for the containment spell—and I noticed that your current guitar was looking a little worn out. And I also know how much you loved Star Wars so I put in an order and they were able to make it and get it here in time for Hearths Warming. Do you like it?"

Jessica smiled. "Like it? I love it!" She reached over and wrapped her arms around Twilight, while also planting a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you Twilight. This is amazing!"

Twilight smiled and returned the hug and kiss on the cheek. "Happy Hearths Warming Jessica."

Jessica smiled. "You too Twilight."

Sparkler smiled at the scene. "Oh yeah. She's definitely a keeper Twilight. Hey Jessica. Now that you have a guitar. Let's hear some of that famous Jessica Cosmos guitar skills Spike droned on and on about."

Kicker nodded. "Yeah Jessica! Play something."

Jessica looked around and saw everypony looking at her attentively. She chuckled after a second. "Well, I suppose I need to try out my new guitar. Any requests?"

Honey Pear answered. "Maybe a holiday song from your homeworld? I've always wanted to hear how other species' holiday carols differ from our own."

Jessica smiled and glanced down at her new guitar to locate the switcher and switched the setting to electric. "Alright. In that case, here's a tune that might get your heads banging. It's called "My Favorite Time of Year". Before she could strum the first note, she saw a guitar pick float up to her. She giggled when she noticed that it was shaped like the Falcon. She turned to Twilight, whose aura was surrounding the tool. "A Millennium Falcon guitar pick. You really had to go there."

Twilight smiled sheepishly and blushed. "I saw that at the music shop in the San Fransisco Mall and it was just too perfect NOT to get it."

Jessica plucked them took out of the air as she pecked Twilight in the lips in a quick kiss. "You are just too adorable sometimes. Now. Let's rock this house." With that, she began strumming the strings on her new guitar.

In Canterlot Castle, Celestia and Luna walked side by side to a balcony, where they would take flight to the Sparkle house. Luna lifted an eyebrow when Celestia mentioned the nobles wanted Twilight executed alongside Jessica. "The nobles want Twilight Sparkle executed as well? Do they not remember that it is she who helped defeat Nightmare Moon a few years ago?"

Celestia shook her head. "They seem convinced that Twilight has fallen in love with Nightmare Moon, and is thus working with, or for her."

"Did anything else occur other then this morning's impromptu court session?"

Celestia shook her head. "That is all. They demanded I sentence the pair to death."

Luna eyed Celestia. "Surely you will not consider such an act."

Celestia gasped. "Luna! Of course I won't! Neither of them deserve execution due to a demon that they can barely control."

Luna nodded. "And that control comes from exactly two factors. The containment spell which we cast the other day, and Nightmare Moon's diminished power."

Celestia nodded. "Both of which may not be factors for long. Given the reaction last night."

Luna nodded. "Did you find anything that could explain why the containment spell did not prevent what happened last night?"

Celestia sighed. "Unfortunately no. The book where I found the containment spell stated that it should work to contain anything, but didn't specify whether that meant possession, since the demon doesn't actually leave the containment zone."

"In that instance, the containment spell you used is utterly useless." At that moment, Discord popped in front of the sisters with a book and reading glasses. He cleared his throat and read from the open book. "It has since been agreed upon that there is only one type of containment spell that can prevent a demon from possessing a host." He looked up from the book. "However I was not able to find that particular spell in the castle of Two Sisters. It might be in the Crystal Empire library, but definitely not in the castle."

Celestia eyed Discord. "Did you make sure to check every book Discord?"

Discord nodded. "Of course I did Celly! I was extremely thorough and if there was a spell I would've brought it straight here. Alas I could not find one."

Luna sighed. "We better let Jessica and Twilight know when we get to the Sparkle house."

Celestia nodded. "Twilight will not be happy."

Discord nodded. "Speaking of Twilight." He snapped his fingers and he transformed into a pony news reporter. "In breaking news, a riot is arising on Harmony Street. The rioters appear to be a pack of angry nobles. We got Discord on the scene."

The scene changed to show discord at the scene of the news.

"Thank you Discord, as you can see, it's madness behind me. Last night's Yule Ball, which made headlines due to an terrible incident, has sparked unrest in the Canterlot Elite. Many are calling for the execution of one Jessica Cosmos. Confirmed by sources to be connected to the formerly deceased villain Nightmare Moon. They are also calling for Princess Protégé Twilight Sparkle's execution for seemingly collaborating with the enemy. Captain Sentry, along with the Mane 9, are on the scene attempting to break up the riot. Back to you at the castle Discord."

"Thank you Discord."

A snap of the fingers turned everything back to normal. Celestia sighed. "Knew it."

Luna shook her head. "We better get down there."

Celestia nodded. "You go on ahead. You too Discord. I have a call to make."

In orbit, Pike, Alicia, and the entire bridge crew of the Enterprise was watching the view screen, which showed the gathering crowd on Harmony Street, rioting over Nightmare Moon being back. Alicia sighed and shook her head. "I swear to god that demon is gonna cause a war if she isn't stopped."

Pike nodded. "I agree Number One. It's madness down there."

From the Science Station at the back of the bridge, the science officer lifted an eyebrow as he watched the scene. "I remain at a loss Captain. Is the knowledge that Jessica Cosmos and Nightmare Moon are two separate entities restricted?"

Pike shook his head. "No Mr. Spock. I imagine not. But the knowledge that Nightmare Moon is back at all is, or, at least we're trying to keep it classified. That demon isn't making it easy."

"Would it not make sense to inform them of Jessica's victimization to attempt to quell their fears?"

Across the bridge from Spock, another officer chuckled and nodded. "Yeah Spock it would make sense to tell them. But there are two kinds of beings in this universe. Those that listen, and those that don't. And those ponies, the rioters?" He pointed towards the view screen. "Those ponies fall into the latter category. They're too scared to listen to reason. Otherwise they'd understand that no sane being would ever want a demonic lunatic possessing them. It also doesn't help that they're a bunch of snobby rich ponies that think they rule the world."

Alicia nodded. "So true Conley. So true."

They continued to watch the riot unfold. They heard things like insults, chants, and denouncing the crown. The one thing that caught their attention though, was the mention of execution. And at that comment, they also noticed the crowd start moving towards the Sparkle house.

Alicia watched the scene and started getting nervous. "Execution. I don't like the sound of that."

Pike nodded. "Neither do I Number One."

Spock nodded. "Captain, seeing as how Jessica cannot realistically fend even a single unicorn off, I believe it is in her best interests that we beam her up here where the rioters cannot reach her."

Alicia smiled, turns to Spock, and nodded. "I agree Mr. Spock. Captain we should beam Jessica up here."

Pike nodded. "I agree. Conley, contact Jessica, tell her to prepare for transport."

Conley nodded and was about to open a lone to Jessica, but instead received an incoming call, from the Castle. "Sir, we got a call coming in from Canterlot Castle."

Pike nodded. "Put it through."

Conley put the call on the main viewer and Princess Celestia appeared on the viewer. "Captain Pike."

"Princess Celestia. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I wish I was on a pleasure call but this is anything but."

Pike nodded. "This wouldn't happen to be related to the current riot going on on Harmony Street."

Celestia nodded. "I am afraid so. I am confident that I can regain control of the situation here, but I fear that as long as Jessica remains on world that will not be possible."

Pike nodded. "Understood, we were just about to beam Jessica up here."

Celestia nodded. "My sister and I are on our way to ensure that Jessica is alright after last night. Then you can take her, Twilight Sparkle, and Spike with you."

Pike nodded. "Understood. We will wait for Jessica's signal."

Celestia nodded and the connection was cut. Pike sighed. "Mr. Spock, ensure that our transporters are not being affected by inhibitor technology. I don't want any surprises."

Spock nodded. "Aye captain."

Alicia turned to Pike. "Sir, if we can't beam them up..."

Pike nodded. "Prep a shuttle."

Alicia nodded and stood up from her seat to walk off the bridge.

On the surface, the Canterlot Police Department had arrived and took over with Flash in breaking up the riot, leaving the Mane 9 to check on their friends that were the targets of the rioters. Now they all sat in the Sparkle's kitchen, both family and friends, and were chowing down on some apple pies that Pinkie had somehow managed to fit in her saddlebags. Rarity took a bite and continued talking. "So, Twilight, that thing you told me about, the one that shan't be named..." she pointed at the SoundBlaster that was leaning against the couch. "...it was a new guitar for Jessica?"

Twilight nodded. "Yep. Custom made too. As you can see."

Sunset chuckled. "Yeah. I didn't even think it was possible to make a Millennium Falcon guitar. But it works. How does it play Jessica?"

Jessica smiled. "It plays great. Even better then my current guitar."

Kicker nodded. "I agree. Jessica's an absolute UNIT on that thing. I've never heard music played like that before."

Spike chuckled as he bit into his piece of pie. "Because you've never heard Earth music before. You should see what she can do with her bandmates in Cosmic Harmony."

Sparkler nodded. "That's right. You did say she was in a band."

Pinkie nodded. "The best! They harmonize so well it's almost like magic!"

Sunset giggled. "Well, music can be magical. I should know." That got the entire house laughing.

Starlight nodded. "Speaking music brings magical, your Pony Up last night? You were majestic with those wings."

Sunset nodded. "Yeah Jess, how was ponying up? Before the. Ahem, incident?"

Jessica sighed, but smiled. "Well, it was a surprise to be sure. But I'm not going to complain about having wings and pony ears. It was actually kind of nice, for the thirty seconds I had them under my control."

Rainbow groaned. "Ugh! That demon just has to ruin everything doesn't she!"

"I agree Rainbow Dash, Nightmare Moon is, as ponies say, a party pooper." Everyone in the kitchen turned to see Princess Luna standing there. Nearly everypony scrambled to their feet and gave a respectful bow to Luna. Luna raised her hoof to stop them. "Please, no need for formalities. I come not as a princess, but as a friend. And I am not the only one."

At that moment, Discord popped in. "Aha! Salutations my friends! And happy Hearths Warming!" He snapped his fingers and all of a sudden, a tricorder appeared in front of Jessica, floating without assistance no less. It floated in front of her for a few seconds before flying over to Discord.

Jessica raised an eyebrow and gestured to the tricorder. "Did that thing just scan me?"

Discord nodded. "Yep. More specifically it scanned your necklace." He glanced down at the tricorder and after a second, smiled. "And the containment spell is still functioning at 100% capacity. Thank Celly."

Spike chuckled. "That's good. I was worried that demon cracked it."

Jessica nodded. "I was sure she cracked it, if what happened last night was anything to go by."

Luna sighed. "Last night was an oversight on mine and my sister's part Jessica. We did not anticipate the Ancient Winter Magic surrounding the Alicorn Winter Waltz igniting, and we certainly did not anticipate Nightmare Moon being able to harness it. You should not have had to have such a traumatizing experience."

Jessica sighed. "Well, can't say I wasn't expecting it either. But there is a silver lining to this."

Twilight lifted an eyebrow. "Jessica, the nobles are rioting, you and I have execution threats hanging over our heads, and Nightmare Moon is STILL in your head causing this whole mess. What positive can possibly come from this?"

Jessica smiled. "Now we know not to try the Alicorn Winter Waltz again. Lest we want Nightmare moon to go on another rampage."

Twilight stared at Jessica for several seconds, until she gave out a single chuckle. "Huh. That never occurred to me."

Sunny Crisp chuckled. "Because you were too busy worrying about Jessica dear."

Velvet nodded. "Yeah. You were so worried that you basically rushed back to your room after you told us what happened. And I'm willing to bet that you didn't get ANY sleep last night."

Jessica snickered Twilight blushed furiously. "Ahem. I did sleep, just, not before Jessica came too."

Jessica smiled and wrapped an arm around Twilight. "Twilight, were you already awake when I woke up?"

Twilight could only nod in her embarrassment. Everyone snickered as Jessica gave Twilight a warm smile. "Aww. It's sweet that you care."

Twilight sighed and nodded. "Of course I do. What kind of marefriend would I be if I wasn't there for you during these troubling times?"

Jessica wrapped her other arm around Twilight and squeezed her gently in a loving embrace. "Thank you Twilight. You really have been my knight in shining armor through all this." She planted her lips on Twilights in a passionate kiss, which Twilight gladly returned.

They were only reminded that they weren't alone when a voice reached their ears. "Ahem. I did not miss anything did I?"

Twilight and Jessica separated at lightning speed and turned to see princess Celestia had joined the gathering. "Princess Celestia!"

"Ahem. We uh, we didn't see you there."

Celestia giggled. "Obviously. How are you doing Jessica? Are you faring ok after...the incident?"

Jessica nodded. "Yes Princess. I am doing ok. I did wake up in a panic attack last night. Thankfully twilight was there though to pull me back to my senses."

Celestia nodded. "That is good."

Spike looked at Celestia. "Princess Celestia? How did Nightmare Moon manage to possess Jessica? Shouldn't the containment spell have prevented that?"

Celestia sighed. "It would seem that the current containment spell has no affect in that regard Spike. It only prevents escape."

Twilight's mouth dropped. "We cast the WRONG containment spell?!"

Luna nodded. "Without realizing it until it was too late, yes."

That got a groan out of most ponies. Spike facepalmed. And Sweetie lifted an eyebrow. "Is there a right spell?"

Discord shrugged. "If one exists we haven't found it yet.

Jessica rubbed her temple, sighing. "Well, at least the demon won't be able to get away with it twice, so it really doesn't matter at the moment."

Twilight nodded. "Still, it would be good to have the right one. So that we can buy ourselves as much time as possible."

Luna nodded. "I agree." She turned to Cadance. "Cadance, do you know of any containment spells in the Crystal Empire's library?"

Cadance shook her head. "I don't usually look for that kind of thing, but I imagine SOMETHING could be there."

Moondancer smiled. "If there is, then we'll find it. I can leave one of the Ponyville Girls in charge of the library while I go with you to the Crystal Empire to look for the spell."

Right at that moment, everyone heard a very loud bang and turned just in time to see Flash Sentry fly into the house and hit the floor, obviously having been attacked. He heaved in heavy breaths as he shook his head. "Sweet celestia some of those nobles can actually fight." He turned his head to see twilight rushing over and helping him up.

Celestia gave him a surprised look. "Captain Sentry? What happened?"

Flash looked up to see Celestia staring at him. "Your majesties, it's getting worse out there. The nobles are in an uproar. And they're demanding Jessica and Twilight be handed over to them."

Shining Armor snorted. "They aren't getting Twily."

Rainbow nodded. "And they certainly aren't getting Jessica."

The others nodded in agreement. Celestia nodded. "I am certain Luna and I can quell this uproar. But just to be safe, Jessica, I believe it is best if Enterprise returns you to earth."

Pinkie gasped. "You mean she has to leave?! But we were gonna show her around Ponyville tomorrow! The ponies there are willing to accept her for who she really is!"

Jessica sighed and turned to Pinkie. "Unfortunately I'll have to agree with Celestia Pinks. As much as I would like to visit Ponyville, as long as I'm on this planet those nobles out there will continue to riot. The only way to maintain peace is for me to leave."

Sunset shook her head. "I always said those nobles were nothing but a bunch of self centered idiots who think they know what's best for Equestria. And now they're driving an innocent person off a planet she should be welcome on."

Luna nodded. "It is sad, but true."

Flash cleared his throat. "Excuse me your majesties but there is still the problem of the angry mob of nobles outside."

Celestia nodded. "I will go quell them." She turned to look at Jessica. "Jessica. I am sorry that your first Hearths Warming has to be cut short."

Jessica nodded. "It's alright princess. I understand, you need to keep the peace. That just won't happen while me and Nightmare Moon are here."

Discord huffed. "Stupid nobles."

Celestia nodded and proceeded ourside, calling back to Jessica. "Get whatever you have together. I shall quell this nonsense."

Outside the house, it was madness. Blueblood's horn dimmed as he smiled as his handiwork. "That ought to teach that guard not to contradict me."

The nobles continued to riot, loudly demanding Nightmare Moon and Twilight. After a few minutes, they all saw a flash of light, dimming to form into Princess Celestia, a very angry princess Celestia.

Celestia cleared her throat loudly, and then shouted in the Royal Canterlot Voice. "PRAY TELL, WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK YOU ARE DOING?!"

Blueblood saw his aunty and smiled. "Aunty Celestia. Good. You have come to finish Nightmare Moon—"

Celestia cut him off. "I TOLD ALL OF YOU THAT I WOULD HANDLE THIS SITUATION ACCORDINGLY, AND YOU DECIDE TO IGNORE ME AND TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HOOVES!!"

One of the nobles glared at Celestia. "Your majesty—"

"SILENCE! I INFORMED ALL OF YOU THAT JESSICA COSMOS IS UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE CROWN, AND TO ACT AGAINST HER IS TO ACT AGAINST ME, DID I NOT?"

Blueblood nodded nervously. "Well, yes but—"

Celestia cut him off again. "NO BUTS! I TOLD ALL OF YOU THAT NIGHTMARE MOON WOULD FACE JUSTICE FOR THE CRIMES SHE HAS COMMITTED, AND I SHALL MAKE SURE OF IT, BUT I WILL NOT TOLERATE THE LOSS OF INNOCENT LIFE IN TBE PROCESS!!"

A noble lifted an eyebrow. "We weren't after any innocent ponies? We're only after Nightmare Moon and the treacherous Twilight Spark—"

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE HAS NOT BETRAYED US! SHE HAS DEFEATED NIGHTMARE MOON IN THE PAST, AND SHE IS WORKING WITH HER FRIENDS TO DO SO HERE! THE PROBLEM IS THAT NIGHTMARE MOON HAS HIDDEN HERSELF IN TBE MIND OF JESSICA COSMOS, WHO HAS DONE NO WRONG!!"

Blueblood's eye twitched. "You actually believe that lie—"

"THAT IS ENOUGH!! A FORMAL STATEMENT WILL BE ISSUED BY TBE END OF THE WEEK EXPLAINING THE SITUATION. AFTER WHICH YOY CAN COME TO ME WITH YOUR CONCERNS. BUT KNOW THIS, JESSICA SHALL BE LEAVING EQUUIS TODAY TODAY TO RETURN HOME, AND I HAD BETTER NOT RECEIVE NEWS THAT ONE YOU SENT FOR HERS OR TWILIGHT SPARKLE'S EXECUTION. OR ELSE YOU WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO ME! AM I UNDERSTOOD?!"

All the nobles, suddenly too scared to say anything, could only nod. Celestia smiled. "NOW, DISPERSE!" In the blink of an eye, all the nobles were gone.

Celestia smiled as Luna came up next to her. "Did you need to use the RCV on them?"

Celestia sighed. "They did not listen earlier, so I had to pull out the big guns, so to speak."

Luna nodded. "Hopefully this will be the last time they act out."

Celestia nodded. "Hopefully."

Not even ten minutes later, bags packed, everypony was in front of the Sparkle house to see Jessica, Twilight, and Spike off. Sweetie Belle and Spike were giving each other one last goodbye hug. "I'm gonna miss you."

Spike chuckled. "Well, now that we have a link to each other through the ICS, we can see each other a lot more often."

Sweetie chuckled. "Call you sometime soon."

"It'll have to be when Jessica's around for the next few days. I'll shoot you a letter when we get back to Starfleet Academy when we can try that ICS."

Sweetie nodded. "Looking forward to it." She and Spike locked lips.

Meanwhile, Pinkie was crying her eyes out while hugging Jessica. "It's not fair! Why should you miss out on all the fun just because a demon forced herself into you?"

Jessica sighed as she comforted the poor party mare. "Hey, don't cry pinks, Ponyville won't go anywhere, the second we get her out you can show me around Ponyville."

Rarity nodded and she coaxed Pinkie off Jessica. "Pinkie darling, you know it's for the best, however unfair it is."

Pinkie slowly nodded and changed to cry on against her marefriend's shoulder.

Moondancer wrapped her arms around her twin sister. "Now you have even less of a reason to not let me know how you're doing every once and a while."

Twilight chuckled. "I'll be sure your ICS gets a lot of use. Take care of yourself Moondancer."

Moondancer nodded. "You too. I don't want to have to learn that Nightmare Moon won."

Twilight chuckled as she and Moondancer bumped hooves. Luna came up to them. "Safe travels Twilight Sparkle. A lot of people are counting on you to end the war against Nightmare Moon once and for all."

Twilight nodded as she looked at Jessica, who was being tackled by Kicker, Sparkler, and Flurry. "Yeah. I just hope we can do so before we lose Jessica."

Luna nodded and lit her horn, levitating the saddlebags she was carrying off her back out for Twilight. "I have gathered every book you will need to teach yourself Dream magic. I trust that you shall not abuse this knowledge?"

Twilight nodded as she took the saddlebags in her own magic. "Don't worry Luna. I promise that this knowledge will only be used in Jessica's defense. A defense she'll need now more then ever."

Luna nodded. "Then I wish you luck in your endeavor."

Twilight nodded. "Thank you princess Luna."

Over by Jessica, she had finally gotten up off the ground after being tackled by two fillies and a colt. All four of them chuckling. "You gotta come back again Jessica!"

"Yeah! Not only do you shred on that guitar like a boss. You're also just an awesome girl hang out with! You gotta come back!"

Jessica chuckled. "Hmm. I don't know." She watched as Sparkler's and Kicker's smiled faded quickly before chuckling. "Yeah. I'll definitely be back. Just need to get a certain demon out first."

Sparkler nodded, and directed her attention to Jessica's head. "You hear that you demon? You better get out of Jessica before she forces you out!"

That got everyone who heard that chuckling. Kicker held out a hoof. "In all seriousness. It was a blast meeting you. Be sure to stop by Cloudsdale next time."

Sparkler nodded. "And Manehatten."

Jessica nodded as she bumped hoof and fist with Kicker and Sparkler. "I'll be sure to visit manehatten, cloudsdale might be a bit tricky but I'll talk to Twilight."

Kicker chuckled. "Eh, cloudwalking spell should solve the problem."

Jessica nodded as she stood up again, just in time to be pulled into a hug by Twilight's parents. "It was nice having you here for Hearths Warming Jessica."

"You've been a wonderful guest."

Jessica smiled. "Thank you got having me. It's been an honor to learn about Equuis and it's culture. I'm sorry today wasn't quite as cheerful as usual."

Sunny Crisp chuckled when she and Twilight's other aunt and uncles each gave Jessica a hug. "Please, it's not your fault. If anything it was those self centered idiots that overreacted and tried to kill you."

Nightshade nodded. "Yeah. Boy I never heard Celestia shout like that before."

Jessica chuckled. "Yeah. The RCV is loud isn't it." They all chuckled. Jessica nodded then walked to Twilight and Spike to beam out.

Twilight noticed her girlfriend coming and smiled. "Ready to go Jessi?"

Jessica nodded. "Yeah."

Spike nodded. "Then lets do it."

Jessica nodded and tapped her combadge. "Enterprise, this is Cadet Cosmos. Three standing by to beam up." With that, Jessica, Twilight, and Spike phased away.

Cadance watched them go and sighed. "Godspeed Jessica. May harmony be with you."

To be continued.

Author's Note:

And with this, It’s a Pony Kind of Christmas comes to an end. Now it’s time for...

It’s a Terran Kind of Hearths warming!!!

AKA Jessica’s side of this special. Which will ACTUALLY MOSTLY FEEL LIKE A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL. 😂😂😂😂

I never expected it to get this dark. I thought it would still feel christmasy, but no. It turned into a horror story.

Anywho, let me know what you think!!!

PreviousChapters Next