• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 12: Halloween Special pt 3: Special Plans

"Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich."

"Hamburger with a side of fries."

The replicator made the orders and Jessica and Luke reached for their respective lunches. After which they headed for the table that they're remaining friends, T'Nea, Ivan, Starlight, and Sunset, sat. Already eating their lunches, and having a conversation.

"—So Wait. Flurry's High pitched wails were enough to shatter the crystal heart?"

Starlight nodded. "And as a result, the Empire was nearly covered by a magical snow storm, but fortunately, the Princesses, twilight, Sunburst and I were able to fix it with the Crystaling."

Luke arched an eyebrow as he and Jessica sat down. "The Crystaling? What's that?"

Starlight smiled. "Well, basically it's a baptism, with the additional aspect of providing the Crystal Heart with additional power."

Jessica smiled. "Sounds like the Crystaling is important more so than baptisms here on earth."

Sunset giggled. "Unless earth has its own version of an empire that's constantly threatened by freezing to death and the only thing preventing that is a millennia old artifact."

Luke shook his head. "Not from what I've learned. The only magic earth has seen has all happened in the span of the last month.

Jessica chuckled. "Oh yeah. And don't even get me started on Spike's Firemail. Especially after Moondancer connected him and Sweetie Belle yesterday."

FLASHBACK

"Ok Sweetie Belle, spike, you two ready to be connected?"

Spike and Sweetie Belle nodded eagerly. They, along with twilight, Moondancer, Rarity, and Jessica were all in the lobby of the hotel Cadance, Shining, Moondancer, and Flurry were staying at, along with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Applebloom and Scootaloo, along with Sweetie Belle, had ultimately decided, and were allowed, to room with their sisters throughout the week. Now, spike and Sweetie Belle stood side by side, ready to connect Sweetie Belle to spike's Firemail Network.

"Born ready Moondancer."

"This is so exciting!"

Rarity and twilight chuckled. Spike and Sweetie Belle has practically been begging poor Moondancer to cast the connection spell ever since Moondancer accidentally let it slip and reminded Sweetie Belle of the connection. Initially, Moondancer had told them that she would connect them at the end of the week, but after 5 minutes of begging as they were heading to the hotel, and at the insistence of everyone who's patience had worn out by that point, Moondancer gave in and said she'd connect them when they got to the hotel. But she made it clear that they were to stop asking right then or she wouldn't do it at all. That shut them right up. Now, they stood in front of Moondancer, hers and Sweetie's horns glowing.

FLASHFOWARD

"Let me guess, they put the connection to use right away?"

Jessica nodded. "All, night, long. Nothing but Spike coughing up letters from Sweetie. They just wouldn't stop."

Sunset chuckled. "Yeah. Rarity, pinkie, and twilight did seem a little grumpy this morning."

Starlight nodded in agreement. "Did they eventually stop?"

"Only when twilight and I confiscated the parchment and quill. Seriously, they were acting like they were on separate worlds all over again."

Luke chuckled. "Well, just keep the parchment and quills away from them and you shouldn't have anymore problems."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Yeah thanks for the tip captain obvious."

T'Nea smiled. "Well, I think it's nice that they now have a direct link of communication. Long distance relationships can be tough I hear."

Ivan nodded. "Indeed. Though subspace communication makes it easier."

Luke nodded. "You got that right Ivan."

Everyone nodded in agreement. Luke then turned to sunset and starlight. "So, what're you two doing the rest of the day?"

Starlight shrugged. "Well, we had thought that we'd be having a magic duel with twilight."

"But that plan went out the window when twilight decided that she'd rather spend the day with her siblings and niece. Not that we don't understand. It's just that that's left us with nothing to do."

Jessica had an idea. "Well, if you guys don't have a plan, how about you come to cosmic Harmony band practice? Get a sneak peak of the entertainment for the dance?"

Sunset and starlight grinned. "Cosmic Harmony is the entertainment?

Luke nodded. "Pinkie and Rarity asked us if we'd be willing to do a few songs for the dance to have a live performance. Suffice to say, we're apparently fast learners."

Sunset giggled. "Well, yeah if you only got a month to come up with more then 'Let the Journey Begin'."

That got the whole table giggling. T'Nea nodded her head. "Yeah. That was mostly my fault. I'll take full blame for us only having that one song for Open Mic Night."

Jessica chuckled. "Well, now we got quite a few songs now that the first impression was made and you aren't worrying about it anymore."

T'Nea chuckled nervously. "Yeah, can we move past that?"

Luke nodded. "Yeah, we'll move past it. And right on to Jessica's problem."

Jessica arched an eyebrow. "Problem? Luke?"

Luke gave Jessica a smirk. "Concerning your little crush?"

Jessica dropped her head onto the table with a very loud groan. "Oh come on! When are you all going to let it go? It's not that big a deal!"

Starlight shook her head. "It's a big deal, because this is the first Equine/human singular dimension love story."

Sunset nodded. "So forgive us for being just a tad excited."

Jessica sighed. "I know. I'm sorry, it's just that I'm nervous about how I'm going to tell Twilight as it is, and everyone wanting to talk about it ISN'T easing my nerves."

T'Nea patted Jessica on the back. "Don't worry Jess. You're gonna be just fine. Especially with what Luke Ivan and I have been working on to help you."

Jessica arched an eyebrow. "What?

Luke smiled as he took out a PADD and handed it to Jessica. "We May have been learning a little song that may or may not be perfect for serenading twilight. Just a thought."

Jessica took the PADD and read it's screen. On the PADD were lyrics for a song that she recognized from a musical drama that she used to watch all the time. And while it was one of her favorite songs from the show, she never thought she would use it for its obvious intent, until now.

Jessica put the PADD down and looked to her three non pony friends. "Luke, Ivan, T'Nea, you three crazy geniuses! This is perfect!"

Ivan nodded. "Yes. When Luke showed T'Nea and I a video which had the song used for its intended purpose, we all agreed that we should be able to replicate the music for it. In the event that you would want to use the song."

Jessica chuckled. "Because I used to sing a lot when at home, and Luke often told me that I could serenade anyone with my voice. Luke, once again, you remind me why you are the best brother I could ask for."

Luke chuckled. "Just call me wingman Luke."

Starlight enveloped the PADD with her magic and she and sunset took a look at what it had on it. After a moment, they smiled. "Wow. Earth can come up with some pretty sweet love songs."

Sunset nodded. "And this one is... Yeah. This is from a TV show I used to watch back in my high school days. Glee."

Jessica smiled. "You watched Glee too Sunset?"

Sunset nodded. "Oh, yeah. It was one of the shows I could relate to. Minus the—actually, no. It's pretty much accurate to my life. Including the spontaneous musical numbers."

The entire table, minus Ivan, chuckled. Ivan, he arched an eyebrow. "Spontaneous musical numbers?"

Jessica nodded. "Yeah, songs that start up for no reason or without warning, most of the time. Twilight and I actually had a pretty interesting conversation on how Equestria seems to have one every week."

Starlight chuckled. "Oh yeah. I remember those. Strange how we haven't had one here yet beyond Open Mic Night."

Sunset nodded. "I'm sure one will pop up at some point. In the meantime, we should watch Glee sometime Jessica."

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. I'm interested in seeing if you recognize any of the characters from when you watched it in the other dimension. Oh, how much did you watch of it?"

"Only right up until the moment Santana proposed to Brittany. Literally I had to stop in the middle of the episode."

"Aw, so you missed—"

"No spoilers! If I can watch it in this dimension no spoilers! Please!"

Jessica chuckled. "Alright. Fine. But we're binge watching season 6 sometime."

"Deal."

Sunset and Jessica fist/hoof bumped. While luke shook his head. "Oh great. Another Glee head."

Jessica playfully jabbed him in the arm. "Oh come on Luke, Glee is the best musical drama there is. Ask anyone who's seen even a single episode."

Luke sighed. "I don't get that though. There are way better shows out there. Need I remind you about Star Wars?"

Jessica chuckled. "Oh, don't get me wrong, Star Wars will always be my #1 franchise. But Glee is a close second."

Luke rolled his eyes. "If you say so.

Jessica chuckled as she took back the PADD that was sitting on the table. "Anywho. This is perfect guys. Thank goodness I'm a quick study, if I only have a week to learn this."

Luke chuckled. "Yeah but you listened to the song countless times in the past so I would be surprised if you couldn't do it."

"Listening and doing are 2 very different things luke, need I remind you of that one time when we were 10 and you tried to—"

"Alright, alright! I get it. No need to go any further."

Jessica stuck her tongue out at Luke, then chuckled. "So, what's everyone going as for Halloween?"

Miles away from Starfleet Academy, the rest of the gang was with their family, and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, at the Railway Museum. Currently examining the oldest train they had.

"Wow. They actually used horses to pull their trains when railway transportation was first invented?"

Twilight nodded and read off the podium in front of the display. "The first North-American Gravity Road, as it was called back then, was erected in 1764 for military purposes at the Niagara Portage in Lewiston New York. Hey that's Jessica and Luke's hometown."

Spike gasped. "Lewiston? That's neat."

Moondancer nodded. "But what's even more interesting is how they went from horses..." Moondancer gestured to the first steam powered locomotive. "To steam. Like the Friendship and Crystal Express trains back on Equuis."

The group stared in awe of the massive contraption. Spike, the CMC, and Flurry entranced by it. "Wow. It's massive."

Rara chuckled. "Well of course it is. Earth doesn't have the magical properties that Equuis has so the train must've run on other sources. Though how they were able to convert coal to power without magic is a mystery."

Spike noticed a sign on the train and read it. His face lighting up. "Hey! We can go inside this one!"

The CMC grinned. "I call conductor!" Scootaloo ran off, leaving the others's smiles to fade.

"Hey! No fair! I want to be the conductor!"

"Wait up scoots!" The CMC boarded the train, with Flurry in tow and left the adults outside, who proceeded to chuckle.

Moondancer nudged twilight. "Gotta hand it to you guys. You're pretty lucky to have been chosen to learn all about this strange new world.

Rarity giggled. "You mean worlds, plural. We are cadets in an Academy training to be galactic explorers."

Applejack nodded. "Gotta admit, never thought I'd be half way across the galaxy. But then again, never thought I'd be facing the likes of Nightmare Moon and Tirek either. Fate sure has a sense of humor doesn't it."

Pinkie nodded. "But it's been a blast so far, because I have all my friends here with me."

Twilight nodded. "Well said pinkie. And we managed to make new friends too." At that, everyone let out a giggle, causing twilight to arch and eyebrow. "What? What's so funny?"

Rainbow answered. "Yeah, we've all made good friends here. You've made a very, very good friend here."

The giggling continued as twilight caught on and let out a groan. "Of for the love of, how many more potshots are you all going to take at my crush on Jessica?"

Rarity answered her. "As many as it takes for you to admit to her your feelings."

Twilight facehoofed. "I asked her to the dance. Don't you think that would be a logical time for that?"

Moondancer nodded. "Yeah. It is."

Rainbow came up and ruffled twilight's mane. "But you finally find love after all these years and you expect us to not tease our favorite egghead about it?"

Twilight sighed. "Well... alright yeah, I did expect some teasing."

Pinkie bounced up and wrapped her forelegs around the lavender Alicorn. "But you know we're only kidding right? We're happy that you found a special somepony... Er...someone, here. Ooh, I can't wait til Saturday when I get to throw you a dating party."

Twilight smiled a little. "Well, don't plan the party yet Pinkie. After all. She thinks that we're only going to the dance as friends. Twilight sighed at that.

Fluttershy arched an eyebrow. "Yeah, um, why did you add that as friends part? If you don't mind me asking?"

Twilight groaned a little. "I don't know! That part left my mouth before I could stop it! Oh why did I have to say that!"

Rarity gave twilight a reassuring smile. "Well, there is still hope for you and Jessica yet twilight. Because a night can start out one way, and end in a completely different way."

Cadance nodded. "It's true. Like when shining and I got together."

Shining chuckled nervously. "Yeah. I remember that night."

Moondancer gave shining a smirk. "Wasn't that the night you accidentally spilled punch all over Cadance and then accidentally knocked mistletoe all over her trying to clean it up? The kind she's allergic to?"

Twilight and her friends burst out laughing while shining turned red with embarrassment. "We agreed never to speak of it again Moondancer!"

Cadance ended her little giggling fit and wrapped a wing around Shining. "Aw, but you were so adorable, rushing to find something to clean me up, tripping over a box of mistletoe in the process.

Shining knowingly looked to his wife. "That got you sent to the hospital wing for a week to clean up the allergy!"

Cadance chuckled. "And I got to spend that week with a stallion who felt so terrible about it that he spent that week making sure I was well taken care of. The same stallion whom I caught off guard by saying that I knew he had feelings for me, and the same stallion I would fall for in return and eventually marry. If you ask me shining, that night was probably the best time for me to get caught in a mistletoe avalanche. Because it led me right to you."

Shining sighed. "I guess your right Cady. Still though, that wasn't my proudest moment.

Twilight, having finally calmed down from her laughing fit, nudged her BBBFF. "But if you had to do it again, you would right?"

Shining sighed, then nodded. "Yeah. I would."

Cadance pecked him on the cheek. "And I'll fall in love all over again."

Shining smiled as rarity nudged twilight. "So you see darling? You don't have anything to worry about."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "I still need to figure out when and how to tell her. Halloween isn't exactly a night of love Rares."

Pinkie smirked at twilight. "Oh. Leave the when to me and Rarity Twi. You'll know when the time is right."

Rarity nodded. "Trust me darling, when you finally tell her, the only thing separating Nightmare Night and Hearts and Hooves day will be your costumes." Rarity and Pinkie chuckled, twilight giving them a confused look.

'Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Several hours later, while Cadance, flurry, Shining, Moondancer, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon had gone back to their hotel for the night, the rest of the ponies and spike went back to Starfleet Academy, where they met with Jessica, luke, T'Nea, Ivan, Sunset, and Starlight. By then, the sun had gone down and it was a clear night. So the gang decided to hang out at one of the fire pits in the quad of the Academy and roast some marshmallows that Luke and Starlight were able to teleport to his room to get. Now they all sat around the fire, marshmallows on sticks and the mane 6 filling the absent friends in on their day.

"So then, Spike and the CMC, with Flurry in tow, enter the display to take a closer look."

"And not 5 minutes later, we all hear the loudest horn ever. No warning. Just a horn that suddenly started blasting out of the blue."

They all erupted in laughter as the spike and the three OG CMC smiled sheepishly. "Oh come on!"

"How were we supposed to know what that hanging chain did?"

Rarity wrapped a foreleg around sweetie belle as she ceased her laughing. "Oh sweetie we aren't mad at you."

Applejack nodded. "Yeah. It's just that it came so sudden it scared us half to death."

Rainbow nodded. "For a minute there, I thought that something bad had happened. Fortunately it was just a horn."

Scootaloo chuckled. "Yeah. Still can't believe that string could trigger something that loud."

Applebloom nodded. "It's definitely louder than the horn on the Friendship Express. At least 10 times louder.

Luke chuckled. "Wow. A train horn here is 10 times louder than the train horns on Equuis? How do you ponies hear that through all the ambient noise?"

Twilight shrugged. "Equine ponies must have better hearing than humans I guess."

Jessica chuckled as she took a bite out of the marshmallow on her stick. "So. I take it the Railway Museum was a win?"

Sweetie Belle nodded. "I had so much fun there! I can't wait to see what else earth has to offer."

Ivan nodded. "On it's own, San Francisco has quite a bit to offer. Multiple museums, theme parks, restaurants, there should be plenty to do whilst the rest of us are in classes."

T'Nea nodded. "Speaking of classes..." she pointed her marshmallow covered stick to Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. "...Aren't you three missing school this week?"

Applebloom nodded. "Yeah. But miss Cheerilee is ok with it."

Scootaloo agreed. "Yeah. In fact, she wants us to do a full project about earth, so that she has something to fill this week's gap with on our report cards."

Applejack smiled. "Well, now that eases my nerves a bit. To be honest bloom, I was a little skeptical about y'all coming for a week."

Applebloom chuckled. "Don't fret AJ. We may not like it, but we know school is important."

Fluttershy nodded. "It is. That way you can learn everything you need to know for the real world."

"And you never know, you might just meet that one pony that captures your heart without even trying." Rara added, looking knowingly towards Applejack, who blushed.

Applejack's eyes then widened in realization. "Hang on a ding dong second. We didn't meet in school though, we met at camp!"

Rara chuckled. "And spent the next 9 years in school being friends, until senior year in high school when we confessed our love."

"And that started the long distance period of our relationship, you going off and becoming a singer. Which, by the way, changed you."

Rara chuckled at the memory. "And Thank celestia I had you to remind me of who I am."

Applebloom nodded. "Yeah! And after that whole affair, you gave up being a singer to be with Applejack."

Rara nodded. "That's right AB. And while it took me a bit to get used to farm work, particularly how tiring it can be. I don't regret it one bit."

T'Nea, Jessica, and Rarity all went "awww" while Luke rolled his eyes and took another bite out of his marshmallow. "Anyhow. Yeah. There's enough to do to last more than a week. Especially on Friday. From what I heard, San Francisco is THE town for trick or treating. And the Halloween Dance is open to all people of all ages. It's gonna be a blast."

Sweetie Belle smiled. "I can't wait. The crew of the SS CMC be ready to plunder this planet of all its delicious treasure!" That got a collective chuckle from everyone.

Spike wrapped an arm around Sweetie Belle. "And what crew would be complete without the cutest first officer in the galaxy?"

Sweetie belle blushed, then pecked spike on the cheek with her lips. "Oh hush you. Once I graduate Starfleet Academy if you are a captain you better at the very least get me into your crew."

Applebloom and Scootaloo nodded. "That goes for us too."

"Cutie Mark Crusader Starfleet Officers!"

That elicited another round of laughter from everyone. Twilight took a bite of her marshmallow in between chuckles. "Well, so good in school, get into the Academy, graduate from here with good grades. And you might just make it there."

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. And in the meantime, please! No more sending letters to spike via Firemail. Not only is it distracting, it's also just the tiny bit gross for anyone who doesn't know what it is."

Twilight and rarity nodded in agreement. "Seriously. You two were acting like you were millions of miles away again."

"Spells and Spike's Firemail have volume to them you know. And I need my beauty sleep to help maintain my natural beauty."

Sweetie and spike shrank as they looked down. "Sorry about that you guys."

"We were just so excited to finally be able to write directly to each other, I guess we kinda did get carried away."

"We won't do it again."

Twilight, Rarity, and Jessica all smiled. "It's ok you two."

"And hey, once this week is up and Sweetie Belle goes home, you two can paper text all you want."

"As long as spike isn't in class and the rest of us aren't trying to sleep. Because again, your method of written communication isn't very quiet."

Spike and Sweetie Belle nodded. "Aye aye captains."

"Spike and I'll maintain better control over our conversational urges from now on."

Rarity, Jessica, and twilight all nodded. "Good."

Luke reached behind him and picked up his guitar. Which he grabbed along with the marshmallows. "Anyone got any campfire song requests?"

Jessica beamed at him. "Oh, how about that one song dad taught you when we were 11 on that camping trip."

Luke smiled as he got his fingers set on the strings. "You got it!"

Luke started strumming his guitar to a nice little tune as the gang settled in to listen.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

1. Bonus point for anyone who can guess what Glee song Jessica’s gonna sing based on the situation.

2. For the end, just imagine whatever campfire song you want, I don’t go camping so I have no clue.

3. Next part will be the big one. Brace yourselves.

4. Hope you’ve enjoyed the story so far.

PreviousChapters Next