• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 15: Spacedock Rendezvous

"Come again Rarity?" It was Thursday, Jessica and Rarity were walking to the mess hall after their latest class for lunch and Rarity had just asked Jessica a bizarre question.

Rarity giggled. "I said when is yours and Twilight's first date?"

Jessica gave Rarity a perplexed look. "Neither of us has asked the other yet? I'm sure you would've been the first to hear about it otherwise."

Rarity let out an expressed gasp. "You and twilight have been marefriend and girlfriend for more than a week. How in Elysium have you two not planned a date yet?"

Jessica sighed. "Because that's basically asking Nightmare Moon to make an appearance and ruin the moment."

They both heard NM chuckle. "Oh I so would. I did say I was gonna make this little relationship of yours a living nightmare."

Jessica gritted her teeth. "I don't know what's worse, the fact that she knows we have no way of stopping her appearing acts or her regular butting into conversations that aren't her business."

"If you're talking about me, it is my business. Why do you think I listen in on all your conversations?"

Jessica groaned. "Grah! I swear, it's like she's TRYING to drive me insane!"

"That is exactly what I'm trying to do."

Rarity rolled her eyes. "If you ask me it's her unwitty remarks. There's nothing that can be done at the moment?"

Jessica shook her head. "Everyone in dorm 321 has been combing through Twilight's magic books that she brought and Moondancer is going through the magic books in her library in Ponyville, and the ONLY thing we've managed to come up with so far is a Forbearance Spell, that failed miserably, even with Sunset, and Starlight assisting twilight in the casting."

Rarity chuckled nervously. "Yeah, Sorry about not being able to help due to lack of knowledge on how to cast the spell darling."

Jessica gave Rarity a reassuring smile. "It's ok Rares. I doubt you would've made the difference anyway, the demon is just too strong to be contained by a spell like that."

Rarity nodded. Then gained a determined look on her face. "However. While we may not be able to use magic to stop her from appearing altogether, I think I have a way we can temporarily free you from her company."

Jessica raised an eyebrow. "You do? What is it?"

Rarity smirked. "I shall impart it to you and twilight when we get to the mess hall for lunch."

In the mess hall, twilight and spike walked up to the replicator. "Hayburger."

"Emerald, small." The replicator materialized the orders and twilight and spike picked them up and headed to the table luke and Pinkie were at.

Spike turned to Twilight. "I still can't believe that Forbearance Spell yesterday didn't even hamper Moon's appearance ability. I mean, you, Sunset, and Starlight are 3 of the most powerful magic users in Equestria, how did all three of you combined not manage to do it?"

Twilight shook her head. "I don't know spike. She's just too powerful I guess."

Spike sighed. "And here I was hoping we found a way to buy ourselves more time to figure out how to get rid of her for good."

Twilight nodded. "Well at least she isn't much more powerful than a week ago. Her recharge period is gradual it seems."

Spike nodded. "That's good."

Twilight and spike reached the table and sat down with Luke and Pinkie.

Luke noticed his friends' arrival and smiled. "Hey Twilight, Spike. How's it going?"

"Good."

"Ok."

Luke picked up on Twilight's less enthusiastic response, and had a pretty good idea what caused it. "Still bummed about yesterday Eh twilight."

Twilight nodded. "It should've worked. NM should not have been powerful enough to brush off a Forbearance spell cast by three of the most powerful magic users in Equestria. What the hay went wrong!"

Pinkie reached over and patted twilight on the back. "It's ok Twi. That demon is strong. Maybe she gained more power than we thought on Nightmare Night. It isn't your fault."

"We wouldn't even be in this position if I had just paid better attention when I cast all those brain scan spells on myself since the summer sun celebration."

Spike facepalmed. "Please tell me you're not still blaming yourself for this. Twilight. You had no reason to look for her."

Luke nodded. "Yeah twi. You saw her blasted out of Luna with your own eyes. There was no reason to think that wasn't the end of it."

Twilight sighed. "But still, I've performed countless brain scans, and so have doctors. The demon couldn't possibly have hidden the ENTIRE time!"

"And yet I did. Oh it was fun being completely ignored."

They all heard the demon and knew what that meant. Spike groaned. "Barely on the plus side. Her inhabiting Jessica's mind makes it hard for Jessica to sneak up on us."

They all nodded as they saw Jessica and Rarity coming. Spike slid into the next seat away from twilight to make room for Jessica while rarity took a seat next to pinkie.

Jessica sighed. "Yeah, but that's also a bad thing for me because I felt like surprising my marefriend with a kiss on the cheek." Jessica leaned in and gave twilight said kiss on the cheek. Twilight cheeks heated up as a result and she gave a sheepish smile.

"Hey Jessica."

Jessica giggled. "How's it going over here?"

Pinkie smiled. "It's going great. Twilight's still a little bummed about yesterday's failed experiment but otherwise it's going great."

Jessica turned to twilight and reached out to place a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Oh. It's ok Twilight. Even if yesterday was a bust it wasn't like that was our only shot."

Twilight groaned. "But it was the best shot we had right now at slowing her down. For all we know it only made NM stronger. It's frustrating!"

Jessica saw twilight on the brink of a panic attack and pulled her into a light and comforting embrace. "Twilight, NM's recharge period is gradual. We have time."

"But we may not have enough time, that's the problem."

Luke smiled. "Well, with a little bit of science, magic, and outside the box thinking. I dare say we'll find a way. Commandant Forrest did say we were to try everything we could think of short of endangering Jessica and memory wipes to get Nightmare Moon out."

Spike nodded. "Yeah, and there are so many possibilities."

Twilight snapped. "Well if there are so many possibilities how come I can't think of anything beyond the failed Forbearance Spell!"

Everyone at the table fell silent, spike stared at twilight with a shocked look on her face. Twilight's expression softened after a few seconds, realizing what she just did. Twilight sighed. "I'm sorry Spike. I didn't mean to snap at you."

Rarity sighed. "Darling, you're stressed out about this whole situation."

Twilight nodded. "I just don't know what we're going to do." She said quietly enough that everyone at the table was able to hear.

Rarity's face lit up with a smile. "What you need Twilight, is a break, time to relax and enjoy yourself. And I think I know just the thing."

Luke raised an eyebrow. "What's that Rarity?"

Rarity smirked Jessica and twilight's way. "Our favorite lovebirds going on their first date."

Twilight sat up out of Jessica's embrace and glared at Rarity. "Me and Jessica going on a date? Rarity, do I even need to explain why that's a bad idea right now?"

Rarity giggled. "Oh believe me Twilight, I haven't forgotten Jessica's...I will generously use the term guest. And I believe there might be a way for you two to get a few hours of quality time together without demon interference."

Pinkie raised an eyebrow. "How so Rarity? Nightmare Moon is in Jessica's mind."

Rarity nodded. "Indeed, but, as we all know, NM is only powerful enough to project herself beyond Jessica's mind."

Everyone nodded. Rarity continued. "So, it stands to reason that making a construct requires a lot of strength on her part, right?"

Twilight nodded. "That makes sense. But how exactly does that help us?"

Rarity smiled. "What if, when she projects a construct, she can only communicate through that?"

Luke thought about that before slowly smiling. "Someone could keep her away and Jessica wouldn't need to worry about the demon cutting into a conversation! Rarity that's genius!"

Twilight nodded. "And who knows what else that could mean."

Jessica smiled. "Maybe keeping NM from scaring the daylights out of our classmates. Regularly. Oh that would be a nice change of pace."

"I've only been doing it for a week."

"And how many times have you interrupted my train of thought since you got here? I long for any time I can get WITHOUT you trying to talk to me these days."

NM groaned while pinkie started bouncing up and down in her seat. "Ooh, I better start planning a party for this!"

Everyone chuckled. Of course pinkie would plan a party.

Rarity wrapped a hoof around pinkie's shoulder. "Darling, I love you and your crazy antics, but I don't think you need to throw a party every week. Especially since there's November's Open Mic Night this weekend."

Pinkie went o with her mouth and nodded. "Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Ooh, are the Ponytones going to perform again?"

Rarity nodded. "Yes. I dare say we will."

"Awesome!"

Spike chuckled. "I'm always up for singing with you guys. Are Cosmic Harmony going to perform too?"

Luke looked up in thought. "Eh. Let's see how the experiment later goes. Because if it works, I have a feeling Jessica and twilight are going to immediately plan a date."

Twilight and Jessica laughed. "You actually think we're that desperate?"

"We've already decided that we'll just take whatever alone time we can get, when it comes, and just not have anything major planned, just a movie night or maybe dinner in the mess hall."

Rarity chuckled. "Well, that's a decent way to go about your relationship in its current state. But you two should not just write off a proper first date like you expect it to go south just because of some demon."

Twilight eyed Rarity. "Except that this particular demon relies on fear for power and she feeds off it by scaring people. Think about this for a second Rarity. If we go into a nice restaurant or something, and NM is able to, she'll definitely appear out of nowhere and scare the ever living daylights out of everyone there."

"Precisely."

Everyone at the table jumped back as they all turned to see Nightmare Moon right there, unexpectedly.

Spike groaned. "Are you ever going to get tired of that?!"

NM chuckled. "As long as I get a meal out of it, never. And speaking of meals. Do I hear a date in the works?"

Twilight shook her head as she lit up her horn. "Not if you can do this whenever you want." Twilight captured NM in her magic and popped away with her.

Luke let out a frustrated sigh. "She doesn't need to do it to appear, so why the heck did she need to pull out the thunder and lightning when she first appeared?"

Jessica rolled her eyes. "To generate fear. But she doesn't seem to realize that the more she appears out of nowhere, the less effective it'll be."

Spike lifted an eyebrow. "Have any instructors given you a hard time about it jessica?"

Jessica chuckled and nodded. "She appears once a day, at random. And it always happens at the worst possible time." Jessica sighed in frustration. "I swear NM is trying to get me dismissed from the academy for constant distributions."

Twilight popped back into her seat next to Jessica, with an annoyed look on her face. "Make sure your schedules are clear later everyone, we're gonna test that theory of Rarity's as soon as we're all done with classes today."

Everyone nodded. "Roger that. We'll get the word out."

"And we'll cross our fingers for it working."

Pinkie jumped up and down. "I'm crossing everything for it to work."

Everyone chuckled.

Later that day, Jessica and twilight left their Astronomy class for the day and headed out to the quad, where the experiment was going to take place. "Oh celestia I hope this works. Imagine what it could mean."

"It could go a long way to solving this problem for good."

Twilight nodded. "Exactly."

"Cadets!" Twilight and Jessica turned around to see Commandant Forrest headed towards them, immediately snapping to attention.

"Commandant Forrest."

"What can we do for you sir?"

"At ease cadets. I just thought you should know that some of the faculty have reported the demon's disruptions in class."

Jessica sighed. "I had a feeling that would happen sooner or later."

Forrest crossed his arms. "And the Vulcan staff are suggesting I at the very least restrict your movements to prevent such disruptions again."

"Figures. Don't worry sir, if this latest experiment fails, I'll follow whatever rules you lay down without issue."

Forrest lifted an eyebrow. "Latest experiment. Are you going to attempt to purge the demon from your mind cadet?"

Twilight shook her head. "No, we still have no clue how we're going to do that without endangering Jessica."

Jessica nodded. "However, our fellow cadet Rarity gave us a theory as to how to limit NM's ability to scare the daylights out of everyone. That's what we're going to test right now."

Forrest smiled. "Well it's better then nothing. Mind if I join you?"

Jessica and twilight shook their heads. "No sir."

"You're more than welcome to join us."

Forrest nodded and the three started again for the quad.

"So, run this by us again?" Luke, Ivan, and T'Nea were on their way to the quad to meet up with the rest of their friends.

Luke nodded. "So, we know how Nightmare Moon is capable of projecting herself beyond Jessica's mind to make a construct."

Ivan nodded. "If her sudden appearances are any indication."

"Well, Rarity had a thought that if we could prevent her from recalling said construct, we just might be able to limit her ability to scare people. Because if she's exerting all her power to hold the construct, then she wouldn't be able to do anything else."

T'Nea smiled. "That would be one giant step towards stopping her for good."

Ivan nodded. "Though there is still the question of how we can keep the threat from recalling her construct."

Luke smiled. "I may have an idea, and it involves a type of energy that's proven effective against our demon friend."

Ivan nodded as they arrived at the quad where the rest of their friends were already waiting. Among them surprisingly was Commandant Forrest.

"Commandant Forrest?"

"To what do we owe the pleasure?"

Commandant Forrest smiled. "I'm here to see whether or not cadet Rarity's theory is correct."

Rarity gave a determined nod. "I am confident in that it will work, however we do need one critical component to go ahead with this."

Jessica nodded. "Right Rarity." Jessica turned her attention to NM. "Oh Nightmare Moon, would you please send out a construct?"

NM growled. "Oh no. I am not going to take part in this little experiment of yours. I know how it's going to end."

Jessica sighed. "Would you rather us go to Luna? Because right now we're trying to avoid having to tell her and I would think that's a good thing for you."

"Ha! Your Alicorn pretender of a girlfriend is too fearful of what would happen to you to risk revealing that I inhabit your mind."

Twilight groaned. "I just might be willing to take that risk. Spike, take a letter."

"Alright alright! Fine!" NM quickly appeared out of nowhere right in front on the group, staring daggers at all of them. "I swear when I have enough power you all will be the first the face my wrath."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Well until then, enjoy immobilization." Jessica aimed her GL ring at NM and she was immediately immobilized by the zero point energy.

Forrest watched the act and lifted an eyebrow. "Zero Point Energy. Quite the unexpected factor."

Like chuckled. "Trust me Commandant, it was a surprise for all of us when we learned Zero Point Energy had an effect on NM. Though a welcome one."

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. Now, can someone take the ring while I get out of earshot?"

Spike nodded and went to take the ring from Jessica when Forrest spoke up. "Wait a minute. Before we proceed, run it by me again what the theory is here?"

Rarity smiled. "It's rather simple sir. We know that in her current state, Nightmare Moon can only project herself beyond Jessicas mind in the form of a construct OR a disembodied voice."

Twilight nodded. "And based on prior measurements, projecting a construct takes a great deal of strength on her part."

Luke continued from twilight. "And since we know Zero Point Energy can immobilize her, it may be possible to essentially confine Nightmare Moon to quarters, but not Jessica, thereby preventing her from making a peep during the day, and preventing her from scaring anyone and growing stronger."

Forrest smiled and nodded. "Sound theory cadet."

Rarity smiled. "Thank you commandant. Now Jessica, if you would please move out of earshot, we do need to rest if you can hear your, mind tenant, whilst she is projecting her construct."

Jessica nodded and started moving away from the group, with NM watching her go. "You all realize I can still do the Royal Canterlot Voice right?"

Luke shook his head. "Not when we lock you in dorm 321 with soundproofing on. No one will be able to hear you."

NM growled as Twilight's combadge beeped and Jessica's voice came through. "Alright, I'm out of earshot, NM try to use telepathy."

NM shook her head. "I've been doing that since you departed, if you can't hear me in your mind then I can't do it whilst projecting my construct. And no I can only send one construct at a time."

A few eyes turned to Applejack, who's Element of Harmony was Honesty. Applejack looked NM over for any signs of her lying, which she found none. "She's telling the truth. As much as that's surprising."

Forrest lifted an eyebrow. "How can you tell if she is or not?"

Twilight answered him. "You'll never meet some creature as honest as Applejack sir. There's a reason she's the Element of Honesty."

Rara nodded. "So if she says NM is telling the truth, she is. Though..." Rara eyed NM. "...I'm having trouble figuring out WHY she's been so truthful with us so far."

All eyes, even Jessica's, who had returned, cell on NM, who rolled her eyes. "My ultimate triumph is inevitable and nothing you do will change that so what's the harm in being truthful?"

Starlight shook her head. "Can we all agree that NM is the strangest villain we've ever encountered?"

Ivan nodded. "She does seem peculiarly truthful for someone you would expect to have a ton of secrets, from what I've read of Nightmare Moon."

NM rolled her eyes again. "Yeah yeah yeah I'm not a typical villain I get it. Now, if we're done here, you can kindly deactivate this inferno cage so I can recall this construct."

Rarity chuckled. "Oh we still have one more thing to do. And it involves you flying into space darling."

Twilight nodded. "Right, we need to see how far her projection can go before being forced to vanish."

NM growled. "And just how are you going to do that?"

Rainbow trotted up beside Jessica and smirked. "I'm going to track you're ascent while Jessica Luke Ivan and T'Nea all use their phones to track MY position relative to theirs."

T'Nea nodded. "That way, we can have a more concrete answer."

Luke nodded. "So, everyone have their trackers ready?"

The four nonpony cadets all got their phones out and immediately called up their Combadge Tracker apps. "Ready!"

Commandant Forrest did the same as the cadets. "I'll track too. To make sure we don't under or overestimate the range."

Twilight nodded. "Ready Rainbow?"

Rainbow nodded and took off into the air. "Wait a minute!" Rainbow turned to the commandant. "Requesting permission to go over the aerial speed limit if need be sir."

Forrest nodded. "Granted. Just keep an eye on the flying demon."

Rainbow saluted. "Sir yes sir!"

Twilight turned to spike. "Whenever you're ready spike."

Spike nodded as he aimed the GL ring into the sky. "Ready Rainbow?"

"Ready spike."

"Alright, here goes the demon!" With a massive burst of energy, NM was sent flying upward, with rainbow close behind her.

From down below, Fluttershy and Rara watched in amazement.

"Wow. Look at her go."

"That tiny ring packs enough power to propel that scary demon into the sky fast."

Jessica nodded. "Power supplying technology here ain't what it is on Equuis."

Forrest nodded. "I'd almost call that ring a lethal weapon cadet."

Jessica smiled sheepishly. "Don't worry sir, the full power of this ring will only be used against NM. It'll be destroyed once NM is gone."

Forrest nodded in approval. "Good."

Everyone's combadges beeped and Rainbow's voice came through. "She vanished!"

Everyone immediately locked eyes on the distance Rainbow was at. Luke's eyes widened. "Whoo. 1000 foot range."

Jessica nodded. "I don't know whether I should be impressed or frightened by that."

Pinkie chuckled and began hopping in place. "Who cares? Rarity was right! And last I checked Starfleet Academy less than a thousand feet across. Is that right Commandant?"

Forrest nodded. "Yes, that's correct cadet. Good thinking on this theory cadet rarity. Who knows how much longer it would've taken us to figure this out without you."

Rarity blushed at the compliment and giggled. "Think nothing of it sir. I'm just glad Jessica can now maintain her sanity more realistically with NM being unable to communicate while projecting a construct."

NM growled at Rarity. "And there is no way I am ever sending out a construct ever again! I'll just stick with the disembodied voice!"

Jessica rolled her eyes. "You realize I can end this here and now right?"

"What?"

"Two words, mind erasing."

Much to everyone's surprise, NM appeared again and immediately sent a death glare Jessica's way. "You wouldn't!"

Jessica nodded. "All I have to do is convince everyone necessary that it's the best way, and its lights out for both of us."

"You'd be destroying yourself too!"

"I am well aware of that. But honestly just wiping my mind sounds better then having a demon in my mind who's all kinds of annoying in my head."

"And what of the magic pest? Surely she would object, considering the relationship she has with you."

Twilight nodded. "I may not like the sound of it, but if you force Jessica's hand, I will respect her decision."

Everyone around them nodded. "So will we."

Jessica smiled. "So the only one who loses on that route is you. But if you follow the rules WE lay down, it will remain alongside the Elements of Harmony as a last resort, so, what's it going to be?"

NM glared at Jessica. She had a point and they both knew it, of Jessica consented to the mind wiping, it would end Nightmare Moon instantly. NM growled and disappeared again. "You're an insufferable little brat! I will savor the moment I can finally take my revenge against you!"

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Not on your life you demon. And send the construct back out, Commandant Forrest wants to say something. Right sir?"

Forrest nodded. "Right."

At that moment, Rainbow swooped in and landed next to the group, with an excited look on her face. "Did I miss the order? Did I miss the commandant confining Nightmare Moon to quarters during instructional hours?"

Forest arched an eyebrow. "Why would I restrict her confinement to during instructional hours?"

Luke cleared his throat. "Well, sir, is it really fair for Jessica to have to be restricted to campus permanently just because of a demon that invaded her mind without any say?"

Ivan nodded. "He has a good point Commandant. We do not yet know how we can safely remove the demon from Jessica and I imagine that it is going to take a while."

Pinkie nodded. "Yeah! Jessica didn't ask for NM to inhabit her mind. Why should she suffer any punishment because of NM's actions?"

Forrest crossed his arms and thought on what everyone just said. After a few seconds, he sighed. "You all make good points. Federation law prohibits the restriction of rights granted to a citizen as long as they're not guilty of any crimes. Nightmare Moon, would you come out here please?"

Nothing happened for a few seconds, Jessica crossed her arms. "You remember what we just talked about right?"

Eventually, NM appeared, frowning. "I stand by the fact that as soon as I am able, you're all going to suffer my wrath for this humiliation."

Forrest groaned. "Well until that day comes, as commandant of Starfleet Academy, I'm confining you to quarters during instructional hours until further notice. Cadet?"

Jessica smiled and raised her GL ring, capturing NM in Zero Point Energy. "Have a nice flight." Jessica aimed up and blasted NM into the sky, rainbow laughed as she watch NM disappear. "Boy was that satisfying to see."

Sunset nodded. "At least now yesterday's failure wasn't in vein."

Starlight nodded. "Yeah. Jessica can now maintain her sanity a little more, and, less important but still a good thing, she and twilight can now have a more normal relationship without her interfering."

Rarity nodded, then her eyes went wide. "Oh! Thanks for reminding me Starlight. I gotta go see Mr. Leginton!"

Applejack lifted an eyebrow. "Fer what Rares?"

Rarity chuckled. "To see if he'll help me make twilight and Jessica new dresses for their first date, obviously!"

Spike rolled his eyes. "You know that wasn't the point of this experiment right?"

Rarity nodded. "I know that spikey, but NM has prevented them from going on a proper date so far and that is simply unacceptable. Jessica, do you mind coming to see me some time soon so Mr. Leginton and I can get your measurements?"

Jessica giggled. "Harry should already have them, but sure Rares."

Rarity nodded, then turned to Twilight. "Twilight—"

"I'll come by for measurements too." Twilight said with an eye roll.

Rarity smiled. "Great! See you two later this evening." With that, Rarity galloped off, leaving the group instantly.

Forrest watched her go and lifted an eyebrow. "What was all that about?"

Pinkie chuckled. "I'm sure someone else would've developed the theory we just proved, but she's the one to do so likely because she believes it's time Jessica and twilight had their first date."

Luke nodded. "The problem is that with NM inhabiting jessica's mind, pretty much ANYTHING they do together has a risk of turning into a nightmare. While today's success alleviates that risk, it's still there due to the range."

Spike nodded. "But now that we know that NM can only communicate through a construct when she sends one out, as long as someone's there to watch NM, they don't need to worry about NM screwing things up."

Forrest eyed the group. "And what's going to happen to disguise her should this supposed first date be beyond Starfleet Academy? I mean, Nightmare Moon has to be known by more then just Equines and Starfleet, the history of Equestria is a publicly available book."

Twilight was about to say something, then her words fell short. Forrest had a point, they needed to disguise NM if they wanted to go outside the Starfleet Academy perimeter for anything. Clearly another test was in order. "This calls for another experiment."

"Nope. No way. I am not playing dress up."

"You have until twilight and I plan our date to get over it. There's no way your getting out of it."

NM growled while everyone chuckled.

In Uniform Requisition, Harry was busy working on patching up a torn up cadet uniform. "We really need to look into using a material that won't tear so easily. It's not always easy to fix these uniforms." He finished sewing up another hole when his door opened and Rarity dashed in, skidding to a halt, startling Harry. "Whoa! Rarity, what's the rush?"

Rarity caught her breath and looked up to Harry, smiling. "Jessica and Twilight are finally planning their first date."

Harry smiled. "That's nice."

"Which means they'll need new dresses and While I can handle twilight's dress, I unfortunately lack experience with bipedal fashion making."

Harry nodded. "Let me just finish sewing this uniform back up and we can get to work."

Rarity smiled and nodded.

The very next day saw Twilight in Rarity and Pinkie's dorm, Rarity helping twilight get ready for her first date with Jessica.

Pinkie was bouncing on her bed in excitement. "It's finally happening! I can't believe that it's actually finally happening! Our favorite egghead is finally going on her first date!"

Twilight chuckled. "Yes pinkie, we get it, you're happy for me."

Rarity nodded. "Of course we are. We were beginning to think you'd never find the mare of your dreams. And now we know why, because the "mare" of your dreams isn't a mare at all."

Twilight giggled. "Trust me, I was beginning to lose hope too. Remind me the thank celestia for sending us here next time I see her."

Pinkie nodded. "Oki doki Loki."

Rarity chuckled as she finished with twilight's makeup. "Now darling, when you get to Earth Spacedock, leave worrying about NM to Sunset, Starlight, and Spike. Those three can handle the demon in her current state."

Twilight nodded. "I'll try Rarity, but it's hard not to."

Rarity gave Twilight a reassuring smile. "Trust me darling, when the date starts, you'll be so fixated on Jessica that you won't even remember the demon until you see them again."

Twilight nodded. "Hopefully."

Rarity nodded. "Now, time to get you dressed, we need to get you guys to the transporter room soon."

Over in their dorm, Starlight, Sunset, Spike and Luke were waiting for Jessica to come out of the bathroom, and trying to reassure her that it was going to be fine.

"Really, Jessica, you have nothing to worry about. Starlight, Sunset and I have the demon situation under control. We'll make sure she doesn't cause any trouble."

Luke nodded. "And if she does, spike will have the Zero Point Energy ring on claw to stop her, and force her to vanish."

They heard Jessica sigh. "That's not the only thing I'm worried about. This is mine and Twilight's first date, our first proper date. Up til now it's been snuggling or movie nights, tonight..."

"Tonight your relationship finally seems real."

"Yeah. Yeah it does. Me and Twilight are actually dating."

Luke chuckled. "And this is just the first of many dates. I mean, who knows what this young relationship could grow in to."

NM let out a dramatic laugh. "HA! It won't grow into anything once I'm through. When I'm done there will be nothing left to grow."

Everyone rolled their eyes. Starlight facehooved. "How Jessica put up with you for a month before you revealed yourself to us is beyond me. Just send your construct so that we can make sure your illusion will hold."

"If you put me in some ridiculous look.."

"You'll make me suffer when you're powerful enough blah blah blah. That's nice and all, but we're in a hurry so get out here."

Slowly, NM faded into view in front of them. "It had better be MINOR changes."

Starlight and Sunset smirked and lit their horns and surrounded NM in their magical aura, with a puff of smoke, NM's appearance changed. Her original black fur was replaced with white, her regalia vanished completely, her mane lost its astral effect and turned pink, and she shrank to a filly's height, in short, she was completely unrecognizable. Luke and Spike got one look at the new NM and burst out laughing. Sunset and starlight smiled at their handiwork.

Sunset nodded. "Now that's a MUCH better look for you."

NM growled. "Just get me a mirror or something to see thyself!"

Spike calmed down enough to point behind NM. Confused, NM turned to find that the door to the bathroom had a mirror attached. NM got one look at herself and shrieked in horror. "HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU FORCE ME TO DON THE APPEARANCE OF MY WRETCHED SISTER, AND MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A FILLY TO BOOT!"

Sunset chuckled. "And as a further kick in the flanks, look at the cutie mark we gave you."

NM immediately looked at her flanks and was horrified to see a sun cutie mark instead of her moon cutie mark. NM growled. "You will suffer for SEVERAL eternities for this abomination!"

Starlight chuckled. "Oh everyone else is going to get a kick out of this when we introduce them to Brightshine Shimmer."

NM's eyes widened. "Brightshine Shimmer?!"

Sunset nodded. "Yeah. In case anyone asks, you are mine and Starlight's daughter, and spike is your adopted brother."

NM's eyes twitched in irritation. "So not only have you forced me to don my wretched sister's appearance as a filly, but you are also making me be your daughter. This is my worst nightmare come true."

Luke chuckled. "Oh I really wish I hadn't left my phone in my dorm charging. I would so get a 'family picture'.

NM immediately got up in his face and stared daggers at him. "Fortunately for you I would say! I would personally drag your worthless self to the gates of Tartarus and throw you into its lava pits for such an act!"

They all heard Jessica chuckle. "If she's throwing out threats like that she must really hate her disguise."

NM growled. "Just get your flanks out of there! The sooner we leave the sooner we can get back and the sooner I can ditch this humiliating illusion! And yes, I HATE IT. As well as the ridiculous cover story!"

Jessica chuckled. "Consider it payback." the door swung open and Jessica came out. She had exchanged her regular Starfleet Academy uniform for a navy blue slip on dress that matched her eyes and hair. The dress featured a semi tight fit skirt that ran almost to her knees, the sleeves of the dress ran down her entire arms and stopped at her wrists and to complete the outfit, sparkling black stockings covered her legs and she wore navy blue heels. Her hair, while usually tied back in a pony tail, was free falling and instead, she wore a lavender 6 point star hairpin to hold the hair out of her face. In short, everyone was left speechless.

"Wow."

"You look amazing Jessica."

Even NM was impressed. "You look almost somewhat respectable now."

Jessica rolled her eyes at NM's comment but smiled. "Thanks guys. You think Twilight will like it?"

Spike nodded. "She'll love it!"

Starlight nodded. "Rarity and Harry really knocked it out of the park this time."

Jessica chuckled. "Yeah. They did."

Luke snapped his fingers and bolted for the door. "Don't go anywhere! I'll be right back!" Luke disappeared out the door, leaving spike and the girls behind.

Spike lifted an eyebrow. "What's that about?"

Jessica shrugged. "Beats me. Now. Just one final piece." Jessica reached over to the her desk and picked up her combadge, slapping it onto her left chest with a smile. "There we go. Just in case you guys have a situation."

Her three friends chuckled. "Oh don't worry Jessica. The little demon here is going to be a good little filly for her mothers. Isn't that right Brightshine Shimmer?"

NM rolled her eyes and groaned. "Lets just get this stupid thing over with." NM disappeared. "Beckon for me when you are ready, I will be trying not to throw up at the thought of looking like the child version of my mortal enemy."

Jessica crossed her arms. "Don't go barfing in my mind. I really don't want to have any disgusting thoughts tonight. And if this works tonight, you will be Brightshine Shimmer a LOT more often."

NM groaned as the door beeped, signaling that someone wanted to come in. "Enter." Jessica watched the door open, and froze at the sight of her date. Twilight was wearing a dress dyed a lighter blue then her own. The dress reached over her tail and and actually covered it completely. The shoes matched the dress, and her hair was curled up in a more formal fashion, simply put, Jessica was truly left speechless.

Spike shook his head clear of the shock and smiled. "Wow! Twilight you look gorgeous!"

Starlight and Sunset nodded. "Yeah."

"That's a great look for you."

Twilight blushed at the compliments, the. Turned her attention to her date. "Hey Jessica. Y-you look nice."

Jessica nodded. "Hey, Twilight. You, look great too."

"She's absolutely gorgeous darling! And I could very much say the same for you." Rarity trotted past Twilight into the dorm, beaming like a filly. "Now, Spike, Starlight, Sunset, remember that you are to keep Nightmare Moon away from them and keep her under control the entire date. Got it?"

Starlight, Sunset, and Spike all nodded and saluted. "Aye aye Rarity. NM will not bother them all night. She'll be much too busy with her parents to do so."

Rarity lifted an eyebrow. "Parents?"

Starlight nodded. "She's going to pose as our own daughter and spike will be her adopted brother."

Rarity and twilight smiled. "Oh she must hate that."

"I so do very much."

Jessica nodded. "And the best part is that when we get to Earth Spacedock, we'll be able to get a 'family photo' when she comes out."

"ANYONE does that and you receive the worst nightmare I can throw at you."

Jessica rolled her eyes as everyone chuckled. "We'll get that picture at some point."

Rarity nodded. "Indeed. Now, lets get going shall we?"

"Wait!" Everyone turned to see Luke wall in. He motioned go Twilight and Jessica. "Jessica I can handle the weekly letter to mom and dad tonight. Don't worry about it. But I'm sure they'll appreciate a pic of you two together on your first date."

Jessica nodded. "Yes, I suppose they would."

Luke smiled. "Twilight do you mind standing next to Jessica? And maybe wrapping a wing around her?" Twilight nodded and moved to stand next to Jessica, extending her left wing to wrap around Jessica's waist. Jessica in turned rested her hand in Twilight's right shoulder. Luke pointed his phone camera at them and smiled at the shot. "Perfect. Hold it." Luke presses the button and snapped the picture. "Oh that's a picture frame worthy shot right there."

Jessica chuckled. "Send it to my phone will ya Luke?"

Luke nodded as he tapped a few times at his phone. "Just did. Now. You two have a fun, demonless night tonight."

Sunset giggled. "Oh they will. Count on it."

Luke nodded. And made his exit. "G'night girls. I can't wait to hear how it went."

Rarity nodded. "Oh yeah. You two simply must inform us how it went tomorrow."

Twilight chuckled. "I'm sure we will, one way or another."

Everyone chuckled at that. Spike then started for the door. “Well what are we waiting for? We can’t be late can we.” Jessica and the girls shook their heads as the 5 of them made their way out the door.

Only 10 minutes later, the 5 had beamed to Earth Spacedock and found a secluded area to offload NM. After coaxing NM out, Starlight and Sunset lit their horns and in a puff of smoke, NM became Brightshine Shimmer. NM groaned. “I cannot believe I have been reduced to this!”

Jessica chuckled. “It’s your own fault NM. But hey, points for being absolutely adorable.”

NM snapped at her. “I am the terror of darkness, the bringer of eternal night, I AM NOT ADORABLE!”

Sunset lightly nudged the filly. “Hey now. That’s no way for a filly to talk.”

“BECAUSE I AM NOT A FILLY! I AM A GROWN ALICORN!”

Twilight chuckled. “Not right now you aren’t. Spike you have the GL ring right?”

Spike nodded and lifted his claw to show the ring. “Right here. Ready to trap NM at a moment’s notice.”

Starlight nodded. “Don’t worry Twi, Jessica. NM, er, I mean Brightshine Shimmer is in good hooves/claws.”

NM groaned at the name. “Tartarus take me now. Because that seems a lot more preferable to this humiliation.”

Sunset chuckled. “Now, we better run along now. We have a big station to explore. Come along spike, Brightshine.”

Spike nodded. “Ok, ‘mom’.”

Jessica took out her phone and handed it to spike. “Here. I disabled the security on my phone so you shouldn’t have any trouble keeping within range of me. Please be careful with it.”

Spike nodded and took the phone. “Don’t worry jess. I won’t let go of it no matter what.”

Jessica nodded as she and twilight watched the ‘family’ wander off.

Twilight giggled. “They actually look like a family don’t they.”

Jessica chuckled. “Yeah. Now. Let’s get to the restaurant.”

Twilight nodded. “Yes. Let’s finally get our first official date started.”

Jessica giggled and leaned in to kiss twilight on the cheek as they headed for the restaurant.

Back on earth, Luke took hold of a microphone device and hit the record button.

“Dear mom and dad,

How’s it going guys? It’s me Luke. Jessica won’t be talking in this one because she is currently on Earth Spacedock for reasons I’ll get to soon. The Academy is going good, sans the demon that is currently haunting Jessica and the rest of us. Though yesterday we found a way to alleviate that a bit. Apparently, when the demon sends out a construct, she can’t do anything else. Go figure. Anywho. Once we figured that out, we knew that it was time for Jessica and Twilight to finally go on their first date. A dinner at Space Coup De’Grace. The finest restaurant on Earth Spacedock. The Demon needs to stay within a certain range for her construct to be useful to her, but fortunately, friends are always willing to help you when you need alone time.”

Luke paused as he turned to see his friends watching a huge screen, on it were two scenes, one depicting Jessica and twilight on their date, the other depicting NM with Sunset Starlight and Spike. Views that only pinkie could make possible somehow. Once they got a look at NM’s disguise, they all burst out laughing. Luke chuckled to himself as he resumed the letter.

“And they’re also always willing to do anything to see how things are going where their friends are concerned. But really, what friendship is without a little mischief? Heh heh. Anywho. Yeah. So things are going good, we’re keeping a close eye on the Demon and are working hard to get her out of Jessica. We can’t wait for your visit in 2 weeks. Say hi to the Chipmunks and Chipettes for us, and also feel free to show them the pic I got earlier of Jessica and Twilight I’ll include with this transmission. Can’t wait to see ya, lots of love from both me and Jessica. Peace out.”

To be continued.

Author's Note:

The prompt was a trip to a space station and I figured. Why not make a date out of it for Jessica and Twilight? Thanks to raven618 for that suggestion. I hope you all enjoyed the story, leave any prompt you want to see down in the comments for next episode and for those of you who celebrate it, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Quick note: now that we are in one-shot territory, prompts will be one chapter no matter the length.

PreviousChapters Next