• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 16: Where there is Chaos...

"Oh come on Celly! Pleeeeaaase?" In Canterlot Castle on Equuis, Princess Celestia was going over some paperwork while Discord, the Spirit of Chaos and Celestia's coltfriend, was begging her to be allowed to travel to earth to visit their friends.

Celestia rolled her eyes. "For the millionth time Discord, absolutely not."

Discord pouted. "But come on, I miss Fluttershy and all them. I just want to pop in and say hello."

Celestia shook her head. "Discord, while I understand that you miss them, as I do as well, I also know you and your tendency to leave chaos wherever you go."

Discord gasped. "Leave chaos everywhere? Mwah? That is simply preposterous!"

Celestia said nothing as she lit her horn and an image of Ponyville being overrun by an army of gummy bears appeared in thin air. The residents fleeing in terror and the Royal Guard trying to stop them.

Celestia glared at Discord. "This was your visit to Ponyville yesterday."

Discord scoffed. "A few little gummy bears never hurt anypony, I was simply trying to give the town a treat."

"My guards are STILL trying to contain all of your treats. Earth is too far away for me to scry you and I do not have the time right now to make a trip to earth so I can keep an eye on you."

"Well are you planning to visit? I would think that you would want to see how your subjects are faring in a strange new land."

Celestia sighed. "Twilight's parents are making a voyage to earth to visit their daughter next week. I believe I can clear my schedule to go with them."

Discord groaned. "Oh come on Celly, why can't I just go now? I promise to be on my best behavior."

Discord snapped his fingers and all of a sudden, Celestia heard a doggy whimper, her eyes widened, then quickly snapped shut. "Oh please do not be doing the puppy pout." Celestia sneaked a peak over to where Discord had been and saw that he had indeed turned into a puppy, and was looking at her with an adorable pouty face. "You are evil, you know that right?"

Discord giggled. "I simply know your weaknesses. So how about it?"

Celestia sighed in defeat. "Alright fine."

Discord turned back into his normal form and enveloped Celestia in a hug. "Thank you Thank you Thank you!" He gave Celestia a big smooch on the lips before letting go of her. "I should be back in a few hours!"

Celestia glared at him. "No more than a few hours, and if I receive a single complaint originating from earth involving your antics—"

Discord cut her off. "I'll resign to sleeping on the couch until hearths warming. Got it."

Celestia groaned. "I was going to say you were going back into STONE until Hearths Warming."

Discord chuckled. "I'd like to see you try to bring yourself to do it."

Celestia groaned as she watched him disappear. Sighing, she summoned a parchment and quill with her magic. "My most faithful student..."

Light years away on earth, Twilight, Spike, Jessica, and Sunset were gathered around a table, with a diagram of the human brain out and Sunset explaining it.

"So, based on what I learned in biology class, cross referenced with what Jessica has described, Nightmare Moon is located..." Sunset pointed to a particular portion of the brain. "...here, in the Cerebrum, more specifically the Cerebral Cortex, where the conscience is controlled."

Jessica nodded. "It's also where memories are stored. Because she has access to that. Fortunately she can't alter them, Because I like my memory intact."

Spike studied the diagram. "So in order to defeat her, we need to focus our efforts around that particular part of the brain."

Twilight nodded, rubbing her chin with a hoof. "Jessica you said that Starfleet Medical had mind erasing equipment, right?"

Jessica nodded. "Thats what I've been told."

"I wonder if we might be able to repurpose it into a device that isolates the demon, and extracts her."

"Hm, maybe."

All of a sudden. Spike sent out green flames and a scroll popped out of his mouth, catching everyone off guard. Jessica shivered. "Even after several weeks I still am a little creeped out by Firemail."

Spike picked up the letter and noticed the seal, his eyes went wide. "It's from princess Celestia!"

Twilight enveloped the scroll and opened it up.

"My most faithful student,

I am writing to inform you that Discord will be visiting you today. If this gets to you before he does, please ensure that he does not cause too much trouble, and report any incidents to me. Also inform your friends, especially those of them who are not of Equuis.

Best wishes for all,

Princess Celestia."

Twilight's iris's shrank to near invisibility as she finished Celestia's message. "Discord, coming here."

Sunset and spike's eyes widened. "What?!"

"Him? Here?"

Jessica lifted an eyebrow. "Discord, why does that name sound familiar?"

Twilight turned to Jessica. "Discord is the Spirit of Chaos on Equuis, he literally can't live without chaos."

Jessica's eyes widened as she snapped her fingers, her memory clicking with the name. "Right! I read about him. Fun fact, Equestrian History: 2000 Years of Magic doesn't have a table of contents. Celestia and Luna defeated him before NM's ascension."

Twilight sat slack jawed and eyes widened at her girlfriend. "You, read Equestrian History? And I didn't notice?!"

Jessica nodded. "This was back before Halloween when I was researching Nightmare Moon. Had I let you see me reading it, you would've been a bit more nosy than I would've liked. Sorry about that twilight."

Twilight shook her head clear to get rid of the shock. "I'm not mad Jessica. Just surprised. How much have you read?"

"So far? Only until NM's first appearance, I plan on reading the rest because I was legitimately drawn into it, and while I checked out the second thousand years, I had to return them to the library when I couldn't take NM's snarky commentary anymore, which happened every single time I tried to read it."

NM scoffed. "I can't be interested what has been happening in Equestria since my banishment?"

Jessica shook her head. "You can be interested in a tumbleweed for all I care. But you can be interested, WITHOUT COMMENTARY!"

"I feel that it adds to the experience to have a discussion."

Jessica's eyes twitched at the unexpected comeback. "You want to have a discussion? Ok. Today, let's discuss how to properly and safely blast an Alicorn demon out of your mind. Come on out and let's talk about that with Twilight, Spike, and Sunset."

"That is not a discussion I want to have."

"Then do us all a favor and—"

"Testing, testing, one two one two." Came a voice interrupting Jessica, along with her seat suddenly hopping up and down. She looked behind her and saw that the chair back suddenly had eyes.

The eyes blinked and Jessica jumped out. "Eek! The chair has eyes!"

The chair waddled backwards a few steps and everyone saw that the seat itself had a mouth too. The chair smiled at them. "Can anyone hear me?"

While spike immediately froze in fear, the girls shrieked as the chair waddled away from the. The chair settled facing them away from a stage setup that was suddenly there. Smoke began filling the room out of nowhere.

The chair smiled. "Sounds like you can. Now then. You know him as the Spirit of Chaos, the reformed villain who loves tea parties, introducing, the one, the only, the master chaos bringer himself, Discord!" The curtains opened and a creature Jessica could only describe as a mishmash of different animals power slid out. The creature stood up and started waving as the sound of applause started coming from nowhere.

The creature began chuckling. "Thank you, Thank you. You're a kind audience. Hello Starfleet Academy!" The chair returned to its original place and the stage setup disappeared, as well as the disembodied applause. The creature eased out the chuckling and turned to the four cadets staring at him. "Well it's certainly been a while. Aren't you all happy to see me again?"

Sunset was the first to come out of her shock. "Discord?! What are you doing here?"

Discord chuckled. "Why, I came to see my friends! Why else would I have traveled across the galaxy to earth? More specifically Starfleet Academy?" Discord's eye caught sight of Jessica, who was still frozen in shock. "And speaking of..." Discord suddenly disappeared and reappeared right in front of Jessica, startling the girl and forcing her to back away a bit. "You must be Jessica Cosmos. The girl who acted as the welcome wagon for the Equine?"

Jessica, slowly coming out of her shock, nodded. "That's...me."

Discord smiled as he grabbed her hand and shook to ferociously. "Great! The name is Discord, it's nice to meetcha!"

Discord let go of Jessica's hand and Jessica shook her head to stop it from spinning. Discord turned his attention to the Equine. "So, hows everything going here? What's the scoop?" He noticed the diagram of the human brain and studied it. "Ooh, is that the Human brain? Interesting."

Twilight enveloped the PADD in her magic and stuffed it into Sunset's bag. "Don't even think about trying anything Discord, I have orders from celestia to inform her of any incidents caused by you."

Sunset nodded. "So don't try anything Discord."

Discord chuckled as he patted Sunset on the head. "Oh don't you worry Sunny. I simply want to say hello to my friends and meet the other 3 welcome wagons to the Equine. Maybe hear just how Jessica and Twilight became an item."

All of a sudden, NM appeared out of nowhere, making discord jump literally a foot out of his skin. NM chuckled. "If you want the true story Cord, I will be very happy to accommodate you. I was there for the entire thing."

Discord reentered his skin and began sputtering. "N-N-Nightmare Moon?!?!?!?!"

NM nodded. "Fresh from a good nap in Jessica's mind. Feel free to cower in fear, it is delicious."

Discord, after shaking his head clear, immediately turned to Twilight and the group. "How is SHE still around?!"

Twilight groaned. "We have no sweet clue how she's still alive. All we know about her past since we defeated her with the Elements of Harmony is that she anchored into my mind and then jumped ship to Jessica."

Spike nodded. "And we were just actually trying to plan a course of action."

Discord grinned as he narrowed his eyes on Jessica. "I got the solution. Just vaporize Jessica."

Everyone not named Discord gasped in shock as Twilight Sunset and Spike immediately put themselves between Jessica and Discord. Twilight and Sunset lit their horns as Sunset glared at Discord. "DISCORD! How could you suggest that?!"

Discord snickered. "Why not? Vaporize Jessica and that should take care of the demon no problem."

Twilight scoffed at him. "Except we'd also be ending an innocent life. Nightmare Moon invaded Jessica's mind without any say from Jessica and is using her as a shield. But she is only powerful enough to project a construct at the moment so we are not destroying Jessica to destroy Nightmare Moon. END OF STORY!!"

NM chuckled. "You better listen to her Discord, I have seen how those two are concerning each other's safety."

Twilight immediately captured NM in her magic. "Sunset, Spike, make sure Discord doesn't try anything to hurt Jessica!" Sunset and Spike nodded and all of them watched Twilight and NM pop away.

Sunset returned her gaze to Discord. "Discord. I know you want to help get rid of the demon and believe me when I say that we're open to any suggestions, just not any suggestions that endanger Jessica. Your heart is ultimately in the right place, but we can't extinguish an innocent life to destroy an enemy when other nonlethal options are available."

After a moment, Discord sighed. "I guess You're right Sunny. I guess I wasn't expecting a demon be in play here. Aside from me today."

Spike nodded. "That was kinda the point, we're trying to keep this underwraps as much as possible."

Discord nodded. "I can see why." Discord turned to Jessica. "My apologies for suggesting your termination Jessica."

Jessica sighed. "It's ok Discord. I was expecting to be threatened at some point because of the demon, though I honestly wasn't expecting the first threat to be made by the literal god of Chaos."

Discord chuckled. "That's the thing with me, you never know what to expect."

Spike nodded. "Ain't that the truth, Jessica, when you meet Celestia and Luna, stick close to twilight so she can protect you. Because the princesses will likely skip the threats and just get right to shooting at you."

Jessica stiffened a bit when spike said that, but nodded. "Yeah, I'll do that."

A puff of purple smoke appeared and cleared to reveal twilight, and she looked annoyed. "Ok. So now that we've had a near casualty thanks to that annoying little demon. How about we find the rest of our friends, shall we?"

Discord nodded and smiled. "Oh yes, let us go onward to say hi to the others! As well as meet the other 3 welcome wagons!"

Discord slivered away, with Sunset and Spike close behind him, leaving Jessica and twilight.

Twilight shook her head. "Well, that didn't take long did it."

Jessica shook her head. "Nope. The Nightmare appears and not even a minute later vaporization is directed at me. How long do you think it'll take the princesses to start shooting at me?"

Twilight shook her head. "We aren't even going to give them the chance because we are not letting them anywhere near you until we know they won't try and shoot at you."

Jessica nodded. "Sounds like a plan. There's no way I'd be able to last more then a nanosecond against the princesses, even with cover."

Twilight chuckled as she wrapped a wing around Jessica and pulled her closer. "Don't worry. IF they start shooting at you, they'll have to get past me."

"Oh so you're willing to go against the princesses for my safety? I'm touched."

Twilight groaned. "I'm willing to go against the princesses for JESSICA'S safety. Not yours. I'd gladly throw you into the line of fire if I could."

NM growled. Jessica chuckled. "Come on, lets go after them. I for one don't want to miss the reactions of everyone else."

They both chuckled as they headed out after everyone.

Out in the quad, the rest of the gang were watching as rainbow, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie, Starlight, and Rarity were playing a game of buckball. Luke and T'Nea looked on in curiosity. "So in buckball, all 3 subspecies of ponies are required to play the game the way it's meant to be played?"

Rara shrugged. "Eh, I don't know if it's required. But typically, a buckball team would have a unicorn, a Pegasus, and an earth pony. Though I guess the unicorn and the earth pony could be swapped out for non ponies."

"Hm, so if, say, Luke and I wanted to play, we'd be able to?"

Rara nodded. "There May need to be some modifications to the rules, but it's doable."

Luke smiled. "Well it sure looks like fun, Ivan, would you be interested in playing?"

Ivan shrugged. "While Vulcans do not typically engage in recreational activities such as this, I will admit there is something intriguing about this, buckball."

T'Nea smiled. "So how about when Jessica gets here, we try to play."

Luke nodded. "I'm down for it."

Over to the action, the ball, having just been bucked by Applejack, stopped in mid air and began hovering above the ground, confiding everyone.

"Now what in tarnation is going on here?"

"That ball shouldn't still be up there, and it's not surrounded by a magical aura."

"Then what's keeping the ball in the air?"

As if to answer Fluttershy's question, the ball suddenly began bubbling and stretching. After a few seconds, the ball burst and they all saw a familiar face emerge. Discord sent confetti flying out of his hands in celebration. "Ha ha! Greetings my greatest friends! It is I, Discord!" The reaction was everyone jumping back and letting out a scream of fear, causing discord's smile to fade and cross his arms. "Well, that certainly wasn't the reaction I was expecting, I thought you would've been happy to see me."

Fluttershy was the first to shake it off and rushed Discord, wrapping her hooves around the dracconegus. "Oh, we are happy Discord. It's wonderful to see you again."

Rainbow nodded. "But what exactly are you doing here Discord? Come to cause trouble?"

Discord gave a dramatic gasp. "What?! Me? Cause trouble on a world that's never seen the likes of me before? Pft. I only came to visit my closest friends. Is that so wrong?"

"Not the visiting part, but trouble always seems to follow you around." Everyone turned to see Jessica twilight spike and sunset join them.

Discord rolled his eyes. "Moving on..." discord turned his attention to Ivan, Luke, and T'Nea. "Salutations my new friends, I am Discord, the Lord of Chaos! And you three must be the other three welcome wagons alongside Jessica to the Equine."

The three nodded, slowly and skeptically. "That's us. Luke, Ivan and T'Nea."

"And who exactly are you?"

Applejack chuckled. "He's Discord. All you need to know about him is that he creates chaos and enjoys making trouble."

Discord nodded as all of a sudden, little gummy bears appeared out of nowhere and started singing and dancing. Rara and the three sitting non ponies quickly scrambled to their feet in shock.

Luke and T'Nea's breaths caught in their lungs. "Ok, singing gummy bears, freaky."

"Who the heck is this guy?"

Discord chuckled. "I'm a dracconegus. Made up of several different animals."

Ivan arched an eyebrow. "A Dracconegus? I am uncertain as to if I have ever heard of a creature like that."

Discord chuckled. "I should expect as much, seeing as how I'm the only one Mr. Vulcan."

T'Nea and Rara snickered at Discord's nickname for Ivan, which Ivan crossed his arms at. "I would prefer if you were to address me by my given name Ivan. Not, 'Mr. Vulcan'."

NM suddenly appeared out of nowhere and was laughing. "Aw, but it suits you well you brat. Also, Singing Gummy Bears. Is that the best you can do Discord?"

Discord mockingly chuckled. "Of course not you witch. I can do so much better. In fact, thank you for volunteering as my test subject."

NM stopped laughing. "What?!"

Discord smirked as he snapped his fingers. In a flash of light, NM's mane had poofed up in an afro, her fur poofed out, and her nose gained a red tomato on it. Discord turned to his friends. "Anyone up for random object rally? Where I turn this construct into anything you can imagine? Here, I'll start!" Discord snapped his fingers again and in a flash of light, NM turned into a cow.

Rainbow and starlight saw the act and burst out laughing. "You can affect her construct appearance too?"

"I definitely didn't see that coming!"

Discord chuckled. "I consider this EASY. I can do much better. Any suggestions?"

Not far from the group, another group of cadets were walking along the path.

"So, you guys good for racquetball later?"

"Sure."

"Count me in."

"Definitely."

"Ok so we'll all meet in the mess at—" A flash of light appeared off the corner of her eye and the cadet turned to look, and saw something she never thought she'd get to see. "Oh, my, god!"

The other cadets with her turned to look. "What?"

"What is it?"

The cadet pointed forward. "Do you see that other there?"

The other cadets looked in the direction the original cadet indicated and saw the same thing. One cadet lifted an eyebrow. "Is that, the Equestrian god of Chaos?"

"I think it is."

"What would be be doing here?"

The original cadet started for Discord. "Let's find out."

The group got closer, and as they did, they heard laughing. The cadets noticed fellow cadets in the Equine and the group known as Cosmic Harmony.

Discord snapped his fingers at the latest suggestion and NM turned from a pogostick to a rocket that blasted off. With NM screaming at the out of control nature. The group burst out laughing again. T'Nea, who was next to Discord, nudged in in the rib. "Discord you're awesome. We so needed this. Thanks."

Discord chuckled. "I don't know how long she's been here but I figured you guys needed a good laugh at her, and quite frankly, I just wanted to see what I could do to her."

"Can you turn her into a bunny rabbit?"

Discord chuckled. "Once NM comes down from there. You'd think she'd know how control her flight."

That got everyone laughing when they heard someone call out to them. "Hey! T'Nea, Luke."

Luke and T'Nea turned to see some of their classmates join them. "Chase, Bailey..."

"Riley, maya."

"How're you guys doing?"

Chase smiled. "We're good. We couldn't help but notice that you guys were hanging out with a certain God of Chaos from the planet Equuis here."

Upon hearing his title, Discord faced the newcomers. "Do my ears deceive me or am I known here beyond the Equine?"

Riley and Maya nodded. "We read Equestrian History before. Your name is Discord right?"

Discord smiled as he materialized hands to shake with all four newcomers at once. "That would be correct. Salutations cadets! It's a pleasure to meet more of the cadets my fellow Equine interact with!"

Bailey and chase chuckle. "Yeah it's been interesting having our first pony cadets here."

"Even if a demon hitched a ride with them."

Discord chuckled as he noticed something coming. "Speaking of..." He pointed upward and everyone gathered saw a rocket incoming. The rocket crash landed in front of them and when the smoke cleared, NM had returned to her original form, and she was fuming.

NM growled at the chuckling group. "ENOUGH! I WILL NOT STAND HERE AND BE MADE INTO A TOY FOR YOU ALL TO LAUGH AT! SO YOU HAD BETTER LIFT WHATEVER ENCHANTMENT YOU HAVE ON ME RIGHT NOW SO I CAN RECALL THIS CONSTRUCT AND BEGIN PLANNING JESSICA'S NIGHTMARE TONIGHT!"

Discord, frozen in absolute shock and fear just like everyone else, snapped his fingers and NM disappeared. NM snarled at them. "You have JUST made and enemy out of me Discord! I will enjoy tearing you limb from limb for this day!"

Chase Bailey Riley and Maya watched her go all lifted eyebrows. "What, warranted that kind of reaction from her?"

Rainbow chuckled. "She's just mad that Discord turned her into an out of control rocket ship and other things in a game of Random Object Rally.

"Random Object Rally?"

Discord nodded. "Yeah! It's where I turn the demon into anything anyone wants." Discord snapped his fingers and NM suddenly reappeared right in front of them.

NM gasped at the sudden reappearance. "What the, what the hat just happened? DISCORD!!!"

Discord smirked as he turned to the four cadets he just met. "It's a great way to get some payback against the demon for haunting this joint. I think it would be fun to play."

The four nodded in agreement. "We have been wanting to pay her back. I'm down for a round."

"Us too."

Discord chuckled. "Then come on y'all, let's continue our fun!"

NM's irises shrank to near invisibility as she realized what was coming. "Curse you Discord. Curse you to the core."

Several hours later on Equuis, Celestia had finished the last of her paperwork for the day and was walking towards the dining hall for dinner. "Most ponies will never know this, but being a princess is usually never fun and games as the fairy tales make it out to be. Fortunately today is over and I am able to enjoy a good meal and have some cake for dessert. Speaking of which, Discord should be back any minute now." A bright flash of light appeared and revealed Discord.

Discord smiled down at Celestia. "Aha! Greetings my ageless love! I have returned!"

Fireworks came exploding out of Discord's hands, causing Celestia to chuckle. "Welcome back. How was your visit to earth?"

Discord smiled as he began bouncing off the walls. "It was fantastic! I got to meet our friends' new friends, got to hear just how Jessica and twilight hooked up, and got a special performance of the song Jessica serenaded twilight with. Oh how romantic it was! Twilight clearly made the right choice in girlfriend."

Celestia chuckled. "I am pleased that you enjoyed earth, though I hope that I am not about to receive a letter from twilight with a list of your shenanigans."

Discord chuckled. "I shall tell you right now that while I did use Chaos Magic there, it was only for the fun of everyone involved and nothing bad has happened.”

Celestia sighed. “Well, I shall believe you if the rest of the day goes without a single bad letter from earth—” celestia got cut off by a scroll appearing in front of her. Celestia took the scroll in her magic and unrolled it, immediately seeing that it was from twilight. “If this is a list of your antics Discord...”

“I’m sure it isn’t.” Discord said innocently.

Celestia turned her eyes upon the paper and read.

“Dear princess Celestia,

As per request I am writing to inform you that Discord was in fact on his best behavior today. Chaos magic has been used, however he did not leave Starfleet Academy or Earth in ruins and used it strictly to show everyone a good time (our definition not his). Our new friends seemed to enjoy him and he is welcome back any time. So long as he continues to show restraint.

Your most faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle.”

Celestia smiled as she rolled the scroll back up and teleported it where she kept all her mail. “It seems as though you were a star on Earth Discord.”

Discord chuckled. “Told you so. This should prove that you can in fact trust me to be outside your scrying range.”

Celestia nodded. “If this is how you continue to act outside my range then yes. I can.”

Discord smiled. “Great! Now let’s get some grub! I’m starving!” Discord slivered towards the dining hall, Celestia close behind him.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Is this episode a little random? Yes. But what did you expect with Discord? He’s the lord of Chaos.

Next up is the one where our favorite interspecies couple does the meet-the-parents part of their relationship on both sides. And while, as mentioned in the last episode, Jessica’s immediate family knows her problem, the Equine parents have no sweet clue. How do you think it’s gonna go down?

However, still feel free to leave your prompts down in the comments. I will take any prompt into consideration.

PreviousChapters Next