• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 26: It’s a Pony Kind of Christmas: pt 8

Princess Celestia was in her chambers, getting ready for the Yule Ball when she heard a pop behind her, followed by a familiar voice. "Whoo! That was harder then I thought. Jessica got most of the routine down but the aerial portion was the hardest part."

Celestia chuckled. "Because Jessica is incapable of flight. Leaving Twilight to have to assist her."

Discord nodded. "Precisely! Twilight didn't want to accidentally knock Jessica into something and Jessica took a bit to learn how to balance in the air. Fortunately Twilight's brother was there to help and give her advice. I believe you'll find her to be a most capable Alicorn Winter Waltzer tonight Celly."

Celestia nodded. "I look forward to seeing her out on the dance floor."

Discord nodded. "Oh yes. And I am looking forward to seeing Twilight genuinely smiling instead of the horribly forced smiles I've seen her put on when she had to dance with that snobby jerk Blueblood, er, no offense."

Celestia giggled. "I will admit that he has been a bit eccentric in recent years. And the way he's treated our federation friends leaves a lot to be desired."

Discord nodded. "Pft, so why don't you do anything? Send him to Earth for a year or two, force him to live amongst the "common riffraff" he thinks he's above, and show him that Equuis is better as a part of the Federation."

Celestia sighed. "Because he'd just get on the next transport home."

Discord nodded, then smiled. "Well then. He better stay away from Twilight and Jessica tonight because if I catch him insulting them in anyway, let's just say I think he'd look real good in a banana suit."

That got both Celestia and Discord chuckling, Celestia more so because she knew knew Discord would make good on that.

Around the same time, in the famous Canterlot Boutique, the Mane 9 and company were getting ready for the big night. Spike looked in the mirror and straightened his bow tie. Smiling to himself. "Looking good." He reached to one of the nearby chairs and picked up his combadge, slapping it on his left of the suit. "And ready." He turned to Rarity, who was just finishing her make up. "Hey Rarity, how do I look?"

Rarity turned to take a glance at Spike. Smiling at him in his suit. "Magnificent. Like a prince to his princess. Though, you have your combadge on?"

Spike nodded. "Yeah. I feel like we should have them on. Just in case."

Rarity chuckled. "Oh come on Spike. The only threat to our lives is currently trapped within Jessica's mind and has no way of getting out anytime soon. I think we're fine darling."

Spike shook his head. "Still, what if something happens and we need to hear each other through a lot of commotion? Twilight didn't you say that Jessica had her worst nightmare yet last night? When that demon regressed her?"

Twilight nodded. "Yeah..."

"And the demon feeds off fear, which she must've gotten off Jessica last night, isn't ANYPONY at least a bit concerned that she can regress Jessica now? What she might be able to do SOON?"

Everyone in the room chuckled. Including Jessica, who had been listening in from a changing room. "That's actually not a bad idea Spike. At the very least I should wear mine. Dad told me there's a ship in orbit. Some Federation ambassadors will be there. So if things get sour they could beam me up."

Twilight lifted an eyebrow. "Are you doubting the containment spell we cast yesterday?"

"Of course not Twi. I have every confidence that it'll do its job. But you really can't blame a girl for preparing for the worst can you?"

Twilight shook her head. "No. I suppose we can't."

"Don't worry. I'm confident that tonight will go off without a hitch." Twilight watched as the door swung open and her date stepped out in her Yule Ball outfit.

Twilight's, Spike's and Rarity's eyes widened, and they struggled to get any words out. Jessica's Yule Ball outfit was a slip on long sleeve dark lavender dress with heels to match. The skirt reached to just above her knees and was loosely flowing and slightly splayed out to allow for a more steady balance, her legs were covered with black stockings, both the dress and stockings had been sequined to resemble the starry night sky. Her hair was held up in a bun by the same 6-point lavender star hairpin Rarity gave her just a little while ago. Completing a sight that left everyone speechless.

Twilight was the first to regain her composure, and smiled warmly at Jessica. "Wow. You look amazing Jessi!"

Rarity and Spike nodded. "You're rocking that dress Jess."

"I knew it would look fabulous on you darling. I've really outdone myself this time. If I am allowed a bit of pride."

Jessica chuckled. "Yeah, Thanks guys. And thank you Rarity. I love it."

Rarity nodded. "You are so very welcome Jessica. You are now the prince to Twilight's Princess Protege. The beacon of sophistication. And the premise from which Twilight shall tell all else who may try to to woo her to look elsewhere."

Twilight and Jessica chuckled at the last one. Jessica nodded. "You are all too kind Rarity. Speaking of, Twilight how many times am I gonna have to watch some noble trying to woo you tonight?"

Twilight chuckled. "I'm sure at least three or four. Don't worry though, I won't let them get once sentence off before I tell them I'm taken. And with any luck word will spread around and this will be the only year you'll have to keep your mouth shut."

Jessica chuckled. "Good because you deserve better then some self absorbed noble who's only out for himself."

Spike nodded. "Ain't that the truth. Every event that happened at the castle since she reached adult hood, nobles would approach her to try and gain her favor. And every single time she had to at least indulge them with a dance."

Rarity nodded. "And ever since we started attending said events with her. We could all tell that it was infuriating her."

Twilight nodded. "And it wasn't even because I was gay, I kinda kept that part to myself. It infuriated me because I knew none of them really harbored any romantic feelings for me. They just wanted to use my title for their own gain."

Jessica noticed Twilight's downward looking eyes starting to glisten. She walked up, knelt down to look at Twilight right in the eye, took a hoof in her hand and gave her a loving smile. "Hey. It's ok Twi. You don't have to worry about that ever again. I didn't fall in love with you for your title and that will never be a reason, I promise."

Twilight let out a sigh before reaching up to dry her eyes. She smiled at Jessica. "Thanks Jess, I needed to hear that."

Jessica smiled and brought twilight in for a hug. Right then, the rest of their friends entered the room. Rarity took a look at all of them and smiled. "My my. I dare say I HAVE outdone myself this time! You all look absolutely amazing in those dresses!"

Pinkie smiled and ran up to hug Rarity. "Well of course we look amazing! You designed them Rarebear."

Rara chuckled. "Yeah. I got admit Rarity, you designed and made almost a dozen dresses, one of them being for a bipedal, in time for the Yule Ball, on top of classes at the academy. I bow to your innate ability to multitask."

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Oh don't give her ego a chance to grow. She'll never let us here the end of it."

Rarity rolled her eyes. "Oh you're one to talk Rainbow Dash, it seems being with Fluttershy hasn't done anything to change that thick head of yours!"

While Rainbow and Rarity launched into an argument, Sweetie Belle wandered over to Spike, who was left speechless. Sweetie saw his expression and chuckled. "The look on your face says you like what you see."

Spike shook his head to regain himself and chuckled. "You look good in a dress what can I say?"

Sweetie chuckled. "And you look good in suit. I particularly like the color. Matches your Starfleet uniform. And your badge compliments it well."

Spike smiled, and turned to Rarity. "See Rarity? I told you Sweetie would like it."

Rarity chuckled. "How is it that I'm her sister yet you seem to know her better then me?"

Sweetie chuckled. "Because he doesn't lord over me and want to force every detail out of me like you. As much as I love you as a sister Rarity, you are WAY too nosy."

That got a chuckle out of everyone, mainly because of how true that was. Rarity just rolled her eyes, summoned a camera with her magic, and gestured towards the wall. "Just get in front of the photoshoot wall. It's time for a pre Yule Ball photo session!" Everyone chuckled, knowing full well that they'd be there for ages.

In orbit of Equuis, a federation starship was parked above the planet, it was there delivering Federation ambassadors to the planet to attend the Yule Ball. Walking along it's corridors, a middle-aged man in a Starfleet dress uniform walked alongside his first officer. Giving her some last minute reminders. "Number One, you have the ship until I return."

Number One nodded. "Of course sir."

"Any trouble arises you know where to reach me."

"Yes sir."

"And above all, don't overwork yourself, I don't want to come back and find you asleep in the Captain's chair again."

Number One blushed slightly in embarrassment. "No sir. I won't overwork myself this time."

The captain nodded. "Good. I'll hold you to that." They stepped through a doorway into the transporter room, where the ambassadors were already waiting.

One of them saw the captain and smiled. "Ah. Captain Pike. Good. We can now depart for the Yule Ball."

Pike nodded. "Yes, it should be quite a night. And of course the Alicorn Winter Waltz should be a spectacle as always."

The ambassadors nodded as they walked onto the pad. Pike turned to Number One. "You have the ship Number One."

Number One nodded. "Yes sir." Pike started for the transporter pad and got into position.

Number One turned to the transporter chief. "Do they have clearance?"

The chief nodded. "Yes ma'am, we have received clearance from Canterlot Castle for our away team to beam down.

Pike nodded. "Then by all means Chief."

Number One turned back to Pike. "Have fun Captain."

Pike nodded as the chief initiated the transport and the away team dematerialized.

Once they were gone, the chief turned to Number One. "So, want to head down to the mess to grab some dinner and finish our chess match?"

Number One smiled and nodded. "I believe the the First Army is outnumbering the Transporter Army."

The chief chuckled as they headed out the door. "In the end it all comes down to who can strike their opponent's king first. And all that takes is one piece."

Number One smirked. "But the rest of the army is what that one piece needs to get through. And there is no way you're getting through my defenses Jon."

Jon chuckled. "We'll see Alicia, we'll see."

Down on Equuis, the away team rematerialized in a plaza near the castle, and right away they noticed ponies on their way to the castle. Pike turned to the ambassadors. "Remember, if you intend on leaving the Yule Ball for whatever reason, be sure to alert either me, or the Enterprise."

The ambassadors nodded. "Of course Captain."

Pike nodded. "And whatever you do, don't drink so much that you can't think straight, the Federation has a reputation to maintain."

The ambassadors chuckled. "Don't worry captain, we'll make sure to stay out of trouble."

Pike nodded and gestured towards the castle. "Shall we?"

At the castle, while Twilight had to stay at the entrance to greet the guests along with the princesses, her friends had wandered over to the buffet table, where Jessica noticed that were was a lot more meat then she would've imagined. "I thought you guys were all vegetarians?" She commented.

Rarity chuckled. "All Equestrians are, but if you'll look around, there are also guests from a few other nations. And worlds for that matter. So we have the more, vicious foods, for those who are meat eaters."

Pinkie nodded. "Yeah." She suddenly ran off and came back a few seconds later with a tray full of cupcakes. "And we have cupcakes to keep your energy up." She took a cupcake in her hooves and offered it to Jessica. "Try one Jessica. This one's fresh from Sugarcube Corner made without the use of a replicator. Come on, try it."

Jessica took the cupcake from Pinkie, gave it a quick look down, then took a bite out of it. Suffice to say, it was the tastiest cupcake Jessica had ever eaten. "Wow. This is amazing."

Starlight nodded as she took a cupcake from the tray. "Pinkie's cupcakes are top of the line. She's the best confectionary baker in Ponyville for a reason."

Pinkie nodded. "Uh Huh! Oh I can't wait for you to show up in Ponyville Jessica. I'm gonna be busy tomorrow getting your welcome party together. I gotta make sure everypony's there to meet you. Ooh I'm so excited I can't take it!"

Everyone chuckled. "Oh calm down there Pinkie. Ponyville ain't going nowhere, no need to explode right now. Remember we're at a fancy party."

"I have to agree with Pinkie. I can't wait to see how Jessica reacts to Ponyville." All of a sudden, Discord sprang up out of the punch bowl and landed right in front of the group. "My my. Aren't you all just the adorable little group."

Rara rolled her eyes as they all concluded that the punch was no longer drinkable. "Discord did you have to come out of the punch?"

Rainbow nodded. "Yeah. I was gonna drink some of that."

Discord chuckled. "Oh I wouldn't. It was spiked."

Sunset let out a groan. "Oh for the love of—who keeps doing that?!"

Jessica lifted an eyebrow. "This happened before?"

Spike nodded. "Someone always spikes the punch, and we can't for the life of us figure out who."

Discord nodded. "I even posed as a security camera once to try and catch the culprit, but the punch seems to always be spiked before it's put out."

Sweetie rolled her eyes. "We have poor quality control then, or poor security."

Discord shook his head. "Moving on." He disappeared and reappeared right next to Jessica. Looking her over. "I see Rarity didn't cut any corners in making you look like a princess my dear."

Jessica giggled. "She's good at her job, that's for sure. Be careful though, I don't think twilight would like it if you were flirting with me."

Discord chuckled. "I can't compliment my friend on how fabulous she looks?"

Rarity giggled. "It was the WAY you said it Discord. Tone can sometimes be the deciding factor in the world of flirting. And that tone was definitely flirting."

Discord chuckled. "Ok so maybe it was just a teensy bit of flirting. I meant nothing by it. I simply think she looks gorgeous and fits right in as among the suitors of the alicorns, along with myself and Shining Armor."

Jessica smiled. "Thanks Discord.

Discord nodded. "Anytime. And now, I best be off. Celly will meet me on the dance floor soon and who am I to make her wait!" With that, Discord popped away.

Sunset turned to Jessica. "Speaking of dancing. Ready for the Alicorn Winter Waltz Jessica?"

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. The aerial portion of it was a bit trickier then the rest of the routine but we got there in the end."

Applejack smiled. "Good. Lookin' forward to seeing you and Twilight shake your tails out there."

Rarity nodded. "And FINALLY seeing her wear a genuine smile whilst dancing with a partner. Ooh it's going to be glorious!"

Jessica chuckled. "Sounds like I got a lot of expectations to meet, if I have to make Twilight smile."

Fluttershy giggled. "Oh, I'm sure just dancing with you will accomplish that."

"Sure, she would be smiling at the moment, but I doubt she will be after the Alicorn Winter Waltz which will inevitably end in a disaster." The gang turned to see prince Blueblood, who was putting some salad onto his plate. He gave Jessica a dirty look. "It would be wise if Twilight Sparkle danced with me tonight so that it would not be a disaster."

Sunset rolled her eyes. "You seem pretty confident that it will end in a disaster. Do we need to go alert the guards that you're planning something? Or planted something Blueblood?"

Blueblood scoffed. "Why, I would NEVER intentionally disrupt the Alicorn Winter Waltz! Besides, I would not need to."

Spike and Sweetie Belle were gritting their teeth. Spike clenched his fists. "How can you be so confident it will end in a disaster? You haven't even seen her dance at all yet."

Sweetie Belle nodded. "Yeah. And for your information Bluebutt. She spent most of today learning the Waltz just so she can give Twilight a good time at this event, so think what you want, you'll be eating your words when they hit the dance floor!"

Spike nodded. "Yeah. You tell'em Sweetie." He and Sweetie high-hoofed.

Blueblood was fuming. He was being told off by a little dragon and a filly! "How DARE you! I am Prince Blueblood, nephew of princess Celestia and princess Luna. Lead chair of the Day Court! I can have you two thrown into the dungeon for this! Why I oughta—"

"Excuse me! Is there a problem here?" Everyone turned to see Flash Sentry had come over, presumably to see what all the ruckus was about.

Blueblood frowned for a split second, and then smiled. "Ah, Captain Sentry. Good." He pointed star Spike and Sweetie Belle. "Please escort these two out of the Castle, they are being disruptive and have been disrespectful."

Flash Sentry smirked. "Really? Because from what I heard they were just defending their friend while YOU, Prince Blueblood, were being disrespectful towards her. So if anything I should escort you out."

Blueblood's mouth nearly dropped. "Now hold on a minute Captain, I HAVE to be at this event."

Flash shook his head. "Not according to Princess Celestia, I have orders to ensure that you be on your best behavior tonight. Meaning I can most certainly escort you out for threatening a filly and her little dragon date." He shot a quick wink to Sweetie Belle and Spike. "But I'll let you off with a warning. Princess Celestia is not having any of you're shenanigans tonight so how about you just walk away and find a dance partner that isn't an Alicorn."

Blueblood saw the stern look Flash was giving him, as well as the looks he was getting all all around. Seeing no other option, he collected his food and stomped off. Flash smiled, then turned to the group. "Looks like I got here just in time."

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. Thanks captain Sentry."

Flash chuckled. "My friends call me Flash Jessica. And I would think our meeting yesterday ended in a new friendship."

Jessica chuckled. "Ok then, Flash it is."

Flash smiled. "Remember that."

Sweetie Belle smiled at Flash. "Do you actually have orders to foalsit ol'Bluebutt?"

That got everyone chuckling. Flash nodded. "Yeah. Every year Celestia gets at least a few complaints about him, and she's tired of it."

Spike nodded. "Doesn't surprise me."

Rainbow nodded. "Good timing on getting here too Flash, another minute and I would've roundhouse kicked him into next week."

Flash chuckled. "As much as he deserves it, that would be a crime punishable by a year in jail."

While Flash and the gang were talking, Twilight greeted another pony that walked through the door. He nodded and continued on. Twilight sighed. "Somehow this seems easier then usual."

Cadance chuckled. "Because you know you won't have to dance with any of them probably."

Twilight nodded. "Yeah. Finally. I can spend that time with someone who actually loves ME. Not just my title."

Luna chuckled. "Have you and Jessica Cosmos shared a dance before tonight Twilight?"

Twilight shook her head. "No. Nothing like slow dancing."

Cadance beamed. "Then the Alicorn Winter Waltz will be extra special for you two."

Shining chuckled. "Your first relationship, your first dance, Seeing you smile for the first time doing the Winter Waltz for the first time. This is a year of firsts for you huh."

Twilight chuckled. "Yeah. I guess so."

"Aunty Celestia!" The group turned to see Blueblood coming towards them, with an annoyed expression on his face. Blueblood stopped in front of them and eyed Celestia. "Did you really give Captain Flash Sentry the task of foalsitting me tonight?"

Twilight, Cadance, Shining, and Luna all had to force down an outburst of laughter as Celestia nodded. "That is correct Blueblood. Albeit that is putting it rather simply."

Blueblood glared at her. "I am a grown stallion and lead chair of the Day Court. What would i need a foalsitter for?"

Celestia matched his glare. "Because you have a history of generating complaints which I have to answer. Mainly from non-Equestrians, and I shall stand for it no more. You are not better then any of them, and it is time you stopped acting as such."

Blueblood was stuttering. "Bu-bu-but aunty."

Celestia shook her head. "That is my decision and I will not be swayed in changing it."

Blueblood, seeing that it was a lost cause, decided to just suck it up. "As you wish your majesty." He walked off.

Twilight watched him walk off and almost felt bad for him, but knew that he had it coming. She turned to Celestia. "I can't believe you actually told Flash to foalsit Blueblood."

Celestia sighed. "Unfortunately all my other attempts at making him a better pony have failed."

Cadance chuckled. "Serves him right. He's acted like everyone's beneath him for far too long for my liking."

Celestia nodded. "Indeed." The group turned to see that the steady stream of guests had finally started to die down. Celestia turned to Twilight. "We can handle the rest Twilight. You can go find Jessica."

Twilight smiled and nodded. "Thanks Princess. See you out on the dance floor." With that, Twilight walked off to find Jessica.

Cadance watched her go and chuckled. "I've never seen her this happy at one of these events."

Luna nodded. "You of all ponies should know that love can do that to ponies."

Cadance giggled. "Yeah. It does."

Twilight looked around for Jessica and the gang. Finding them at the buffet table, she smiled and practically dashed over to them. She also noticed the Flash was with them.

When she was close enough, she alerted them to her arrival. "I heard you were on foalsitting duty for Prince Blueblood Flash."

Everyone turned to see Twilight approaching. Flash smiled. "Yeah. Celestia's tired of getting complaints about him, and asked me to ensure that that didn't happen this year."

Twilight chuckled. "About time. He acts all high and mighty towards everyone he encounters, it's time somepony taught him otherwise."

Flash nodded. "Speaking of, I should probably go find him. Enjoy the evening guys. Looking forward to seeing you out on the dance floor Jessica, Twilight." He gave them all a nod and departed.

Pinkie picked a cupcake off robe tray and jammed it into Twilight's hoof. "So. Twilight, how was greeting the guests. No one tried to woo you I hope."

Twilight chuckled. "Eh, one or two nobles tried to get me to share a dance with them. Unfortunately, I'm saving a dance for a very special someone. And I don't mean the Alicorn Winter Waltz." She capped that off with a kiss placed upon Jessica's cheek

Jessica chuckled. "I'm starting to suspect that you're saving that dance for me."

Twilight chuckled and nodded. "And every other dance from here on out. I'll share a dance with no one else other then you."

Rainbow chuckled. "Oh great. It's gonna get mushy over here." She turned to Fluttershy. "Hey flutters, wanna go for a walk out in the gardens?"

Fluttershy readily nodded. "Yes! Let's go now!"

Rainbow chuckled and turned to their friends. "Catch you all later." She and Fluttershy turned to walk away. Pair by pair the rest of the gang found reasons to take their leave, eventually leaving only Jessica, Twilight, Spike and Sweetie Belle.

Twilight turned to Jessica. "So, Jessica, the big moment's coming up. You sure your ready?"

Jessica smiled. "I'll be out on the dance floor with six ponies and a dracconegus performing an ancient dance routine conceptualized by ancient ponies that had wings and horns. I'm as ready as I'll ever be in this fairy tale land."

Spike chuckled. "You'll be fine. You and Twilight rehearsed this all day."

Sweetie Belle nodded. "Yeah Jessica. Don't listen to anyone telling you it's gonna be a disaster. cough bluebutt cough. Just relax, follow Twilight's lead, and everything will be fine."

"That is sound advice coming from a filly." They turned to see smartly dressed stallion approaching them.

Twilight recognized the pony, yet another noble who tried to gain her favor. "Sir Fancypants,"

Fancypants nodded. "Princess Protege Twilight Sparkle." He turned to look at Jessica, and much to everyone's surprise, he smiled. "And you must be Jessica Cosmos, the Starfleet Cadet who will be joining Lady Sparkle our on the dance floor as her partner."

Jessica nodded. "Yes. It's a privilege to make your acquaintance."

Fancypants nodded. "The privilege is mine. I look forward to performing the Alicorn Winter Waltz alongside you as Princess Luna's partner."

Twilight had to consciously keep her jaw from dropping. Here was a noble, who in the past had approached her more then once, not only NOT doing so here, but also appeared pleased to meet Jessica?! "You're actually looking forward to it?!"

Fancypants chuckled. "I understand that is hard to believe, considering our history. But unlike some nobles I know when to accept defeat. My dance partner was gracious enough to inform me that Lady Sparkle's affections are towards Lady Cosmos. So, like any gentlepony, I will look for love elsewhere and wish you and Jessica the best."

Twilight and Jessica looked at each other, then back at Fancypants, after a second they smiled. "Wow. Thanks Fancypants."

"That means a lot."

Fancypants nodded. "Just know that you shall not have any competition from me Jessica Cosmos." He gave her a little respectful bow before trotting off.

Spike watched him go, then smiled. "Wow. Fancypants actually acknowledged that you're taken Twilight.

Twilight nodded. "I was not expecting that from ANY nobles tonight. Jessica remind me to thank Luna when I see her."

Jessica nodded. "Sure thing Twilight."

Twilight nodded, then felt a spark on her horn. A signal from Celestia that they were ready for the Waltz. She turned to Jessica. "It's time Jessica."

Jessica lifted an eyebrow. "Time for us to perform the Waltz?"

Twilight nodded. "Yeah."

Jessica nodded as Sweetie and Spike beamed. "Good luck out there you two."

"Break a leg."

Jessica chuckled. "Hopefully we DON'T break any legs out there. That wouldn't sit well."

Spike chuckled. "No it wouldn't, now, Jessica, can I see your phone?"

Jessica lifted an eyebrow. "What for?"

"Luke asked me to take a video of you and Twilight dancing for the first time."

Jessica chuckled and nodded. "Ok then." She got out her phone, unlocked it, activated its camera function, and handed it to spike. "Make sure you don't miss a single minute."

Sweetie Belle chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll make sure he stays focused."

"And in case he doesn't, I'll get it all on video too." They all turned to see another human in what they all recognized as a Starfleet dress Uniform.

Jessica further recognized him and smiled. "Captain Pike."

Pike smiled. "We're at a party Jessica. No need for formalities or protocol. Now don't be a stranger and give an old friend a hug."

Jessica chuckled and proceeded to hug Pike. "I wasn't expecting you to be here. Mission?."

Pike nodded. "Federation ambassador caretaker to put it simply. What about you? Here with your new Equine friends."

Jessica nodded as they separated. "Yeah. Thought the main reason is because I'm Twilight's date." She turned to Twilight, Spike and Sweetie Belle. "Pike, meet Twilight Sparkle, Spike, my roommates at Starfleet Academy, and Spike's date, Sweetie Belle. Everypony, this is Christopher Pike. Captain of the USS Enterprise.

Pike shook hands with Twilight Spike and Sweetie Belle. "It's nice to meet you captain Pike."

Pike nodded. "Likewise cadets. And Sweetie Belle."

Sweetie Belle smiled. "Are you really a Starfleet Captain?"

Pike nodded. "That's right. Captain of the USS Enterprise since 2250

Sweetie beetle beamed. "Wow. And how is it that you know Jessica?"

Pike smiled. "I'm friends with her father, Admiral Cosmos. In fact I used to serve with him on the Enterprise before he was promoted to captain his own ship."

Jessica nodded. "And my aunt serves as first officer of the Enterprise."

Twilight smiled. "Cool."

At That moment, Discord popped in, with a hurried look on his face. "Jessica. Twilight, I hate to cut into any conversation you two might be having but we're ready to start the Waltz so if you could hurry onto the dance floor that would be great." Before anyone could make a sound, he popped away.

Pike shook his head to clear it. "I'm not the only one who saw that right?"

Jessica shook her head. "That's Discord. Equuis's god of chaos."

"We're not even gonna try to explain him because it would be impossible."

Pike shook his head. "No need, I've met him before."

Jessica lifted an eyebrow. "You have?"

Pike nodded. "Let's just say he played a trick on me and leave it at that."

Jessica nodded, knowing it was better not to ask. Sweetie gestured towards the dance floor. "You and Jessica better get to the dance floor Twilight. Unless you want to make everypony wait for their favorite part of the Yule Ball."

Twilight nodded. "Right. Come on Jessica."

Jessica nodded as she followed Twilight. They heard Pike semi shout out from behind. "Break a leg you guys. But not literally."

Spike chuckled. "Come on, lets get a good watching/recording spot."

In the middle of the room, Discord popped back in sight of Celestia and the others performing the Alicorn Winter Waltz. "They should be here any second now."

Fancypants nodded. "I shall inform Rosy Quill to start clearing the dance floor." With a quick flash of his horn, Fancypants sent the signal to Rosy Quill, just as Twilight and Jessica joined them.

Shining raised an eyebrow. "What kept you two?"

Jessica answered. "We were just talking to an old friend of my dad's."

Twilight nodded. "Captain Pike."

Celestia smiled. "Captain Pike. So the rumors are true. Enterprise is in orbit."

Twilight's and Jessica's jaws dropped. "You know Pike?"

Celestia nodded. "We met at last year's Yule Ball. he is a good man."

Jessica nodded. "That he is."

At that moment, they heard a mare's voice across the entire ballroom. "May I have everypony's attention please, the Alicorn Winter Waltz is about to commence. For those of you who do not know. The Alicorn Winter Waltz is an ancient Alicorn tradition that has, and will be performed every year at the Yule Ball. This year, while Princesses Celestia and Cadance will dance with Discord and Prince Shining Armor respectively as in past years. Joining Princess Luna on the dance floor this year is the esteemed Sir Fancypants, and joining Princess Protégé Twilight Sparkle is a human from the capitol of the United Federation of Planet, Jessica..." There was a pause before the mare spoke again. "Er, I apologize, there doesn't seem to be a familial name on here." While that got snickers out everyone, a few were more audible bouts of laughter, probably from Jessica's and Twilight's friends.

It even got a snicker out of Nightmare Moon. "Ha ha ha! Oh that is hilarious."

Jessica inwardly rolled her eyes. "Joke's on you you witch. I am not offended in any way shape or form by this innocent mistake."

The mare continued after a second. "I apologize Jessica. This will not happen again. Now. Without further ado, the Royal—what? Oh, really?" That generated a round of confusion for everypony as the mare continued. "This just in, I have been told that Jessica's familial name is Cosmos. Jessica Cosmos is who will be dancing with Twilight Sparkle tonight." That got a chuckle out of everypony. The mare continued after a minute. "Without further ado, fillies and gentle cults, the Royal elite of Equestria is proud to present to you, the Alicorn Winter Waltz."

The room dimmed as spotlights illumainated other four pairs, who all distanced themselves into position. Jessica took a deep breath. 'Ok Jessica. You can do this. You can do this.'

Twilight gave Jessica a reassuring smile and whispered. "You got this Jessi. Just remember that you go to Shining while the Alicorns ascend into the air, and leave the rest to me."

Jessica nodded. "Right. I trust you Twi." She whispered back as the music started and they began Waltzing.

In the crowd, the gang was watching their friends waltz. Rara smiled. "They're killing it out there."

Rarity nodded. "I know. And they're dresses synergize so well with each other. I truly have outdone myself."

Pike glanced towards Rarity. "Those outfits were your doing Rarity?"

Rarity nodded. "Fashion is my forte Captain. Especially making dresses complement each other."

Pike nodded. "Well I can't argue with that. Hey Spike, any point where they separate?"

Spike nodded. "Just briefly when the Alicorns ascend into the air. I'll get the ground you get the air?"

Pike nodded. "Exactly what I was thinking."

As if on cue, the coming separation came when the Alicorns launched into the air and Jessica began dancing with Shining, who smiled at her. "Looks like today's practice is really paying off Jessica."

Jessica giggled. "Couldn't have done it without you guys. Heck, I've never even heard of this until Twilight came along."

Sunset and Starlight continued to watch with their horns lit, just like every other uniorn. Starlight smiled. "You know Sunny, I love you just the way you are, but seeing this, I kinda wish you were made into an Alicorn like you wanted."

Sunset chuckled. "Consider this, if Celestia HAD made me an Alicorn, we may not have met. I'd choose you over wings every...single...time...what's going on out there?" She and Starlight, along with everyone else, noticed Jessica start to glow

From the air, Twilight also noticed Jessica glowing. 'Jessica glowing? The heck is happening?' As if to answer her, and everyone else asking, they saw midnight blue wings spread out from Jessica's back, her ears transform into pony ears, and her hair grow and work into a ponytail.

Sunset's jaw dropped, not completely believing what just happened. 'Did Jessica just pony up?! How?!' "Sweet Celestia, she ponied up."

Rarity lifted an eyebrow. "Sunset?"

Sunset shook her head, remembering that not everyone knew what she was talking about. "Back in the Alternate Universe, the girls and I were able to harness the magic of our geodes to give ourselves pony features, we dubbed it ponying up. But as far as we could tell it only happened in that universe."

Rainbow giggled. "Are you so sure about that?"

Sunset rolled her eyes. "Well this never happened before."

Twilight, as well as the rest of the alicorns, descended to their waiting partner, ready for the grand finale. At the final drop of the music, everyone went flying and circling the dance floor. Twilight noticed that Jessica's new wings were flapping, actually keeping her afloat without her assistance. 'And they're fully functional? What the heck is going on here?' Of course Twilight had questions, but at the same time, she wasn't complaining. The pony features only added to Jessica's beauty. She looked like a literal angel, her angel.

As the music eased out, the four couples descended and touched down on the floor. Their landing was met with thunderous applause from all sides. The eight waltzers bowed while Jessica let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. 'I can't believe it, I actually just did it.' Nightmare Moon rolled her eyes. "Whoop dee doo. You managed to not mess up an ancient Alicorn tradition. Good for you."

Twilight couldn't stop smiling as she turned to look at Jessica, who was still ponied up. 'Sweet Celestia, and Jessica hasn't noticed yet?' "Wow. So that's what you look like ponied up."

Jessica arched an eyebrow. "What?"

Twilight giggled. "You didn't notice? You have wings, and pony ears." Jessica looked behind her, and sure enough, she saw Midnight blue wings spread open from her back, and her hair a lot longer then she remembered, in a ponytail no less instead of the bun it had been in a a few minutes ago.

Jessica gasped as she reached up and behind her to touch one of her new wings, immediately feeling the contact as if they were always there. She then reached up and felt around her head, eventually finding that her normal ears were replaced with pointier ears higher up on her head. "Woah. How did this happen?"

Luna answered. "It must have been the ancient Winter Magic of the Alicorn Winter Waltz that has triggered your transformation."

Cadance smiled. "You mean it's real after all?"

Fancypants nodded and smiled. "A fitting appearance for a lady such as yourself."

Twilight, as well as everyone else in the group, nodded. "Yeah Jess, you look majestic."

Jessica blushed. "Thanks guys. Though, this is temporary, right?"

Nightmare Moon laughed "It WON'T be when I am through! You are mine now you brat!!!"

Before Celestia could answer, Jessica felt a throbbing pain in her forehead. She clutched it as she fell to her knees. "Agh!"

Jessica's wings started transforming and growing darker in color, much to everyone's surprise. Twilight knelt down to try and get through to Jessica, who's skin was starting to loose its color. "Jessica? Are you ok? What's happening?"

The voice that answered her was NOT Jessica's, but instead, it was the voice of Nightmare Moon. "Fools!" She suddenly stood up, and released a giant shockwave that knocked Twilight, the Princesses, shining, Discord, and Fancypants away. Nightmare Moon began flapping her wings and ascended into the air, while lightning was striking out from her everywhere.

In the crowd, Spike and the gang gasped. "Oh no! No no no no this can't be happening! We cast a containment spell that should've prevented this!"

Captain Pike turned his head to Spike. "You know something about this cadet?!"

Rara nodded. "Long story sir. But right now we have other things to worry about."

Back up to the demon, Nightmare Moon examined Jessica's body, which had lost all color and the wings had become full bat wings. She smiled. "Mwahahahaha! What a hearths warming gift. My ultimate triumph. Me likey." She looked down and with a swing of her arm, sent a wave of magic down on the crowd. The blast missed, but the crowd panicked and started screaming and galloping to the door. Nightmare Moon chuckled. "Ah ah ah." With a flick of her wrist, all the exits and windows suddenly closed. Trapping the crowd in. Nightmare Moon laughed. "Hello My little Ponies. It is I, the terror of dreams, the shadow of darkness, the bringer of eternal night, NIGHTMARE MOON!!!!!" Thunder struck, terrifying the crowd even more. Nightmare Moon chuckled. "You all thought me destroyed, gone, never to be heard from again. Well I have news for you. I have returned. And now, I shall finish what I began so long ago, and shroud the galaxy in Eternal Night!"

Twilight, having recovered from the shockwave, immediately flapped her wings and gunned it for Nightmare Moon. "No!!!" She growled.

Nightmare saw the incoming pony and smirked. Extending her arm, Twilight suddenly found herself stopped, and surrounded with a dark, painful aura. Nightmare moon chuckled as she brought twilight into her grip by the neck. "You little FOAL!! You will not stand in my way a second time."

Twilight tried to break free from Nightmare Moon's grasp, but nightmare moon had an iron grip on her. "Gah. Let Jessica go you demon! Ack!"

Nightmare moon chuckled. "Your friend is WEAK! She does not have the power to oppose me, none of you do!" She threw Twilight back down to the ground, sending her crashing into the princesses.

That was the last straw for the gang. "Twilight!"

Rainbow growled. "That's it!" She flapped her wings and took off at lightning speed towards Nightmare Moon. "Let our friend go you demon!" She growled.

Nightmare moon simply waved her arm and slapped Rainbow away with a magic blast. "You shall all suffer my wrath!"

Pinkie and Applejack shook their heads as Rara, Rarity, sunset, and Starlight ran off to help the princesses while Fluttershy took off towards the fallen rainbow. Pinkie got out her party cannon while Applejack grabbed her lasso. "Not today you batty rodent!" Applejack swung her lasso up towards Nightmare Moon, who was caught in it.

Pinkie lit her cannon and aimed at Nightmare moon. "Take this you party pooper!" The cannon fired and cake struck Nightmare Moon. The force of the impact forcing her down a peg.

Nightmare moon growled and sent a bolt of lightning straight at the pair, blowing the cannon sky high and shocking both ponies. Applejack dropped the lasso and nightmare Moon wiggled free. "Did you not see the lightning I was summoning earlier?"

Sunset and Starlight watched their friends get shocked and growled. "She is so gonna pay for that."

"Agreed." They both lit their horns. "Hey Nightmare Moron!" They both shot bolts of magic at Nightmare Moon. Who flew out of the way and sent magical bolts back at them.

Spike watched as all of this was happening, and focused on Nightmare Moon in Jessica's body. "There has to be SOMETHING that can subdue her!"

Captain Pike was watching the fight. And suddenly remembered what was on his waist. He reached to his belt and unclipped his phaser pistol. "Fingers crossed stunning Jessica ends all this."

Spike eyed the captain. "Your gonna stun Jessica sir?"

Pike nodded and made sure the phaser was set to maximum stun. "At the very least it should end this madness." Pike raised his pistol and aimed it right at Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare moon sent a wave of magic down at the group of her opponents that had gathered in one place by that point. "Your efforts to interfere with my plans are FUTILE!!! This time I will prevail over the mighty Elements of Harmony. And the night will last forev—" That was as far as Nightmare moon got before everyone heard the sound of a phaser firing. The phaser bolt struck the demon in the back and almost immediately, she started falling.

Twilight saw this and took off to catch Jessica. Successfully doing so in the nick of time. Twilight eased Jessica down to the floor. "Jessica? Are you ok? Come on, say something."

Pike and Spike joined them and Pike knelt down on the other side of Jessica. "Physically, she should be fine cadet. I only used the stun setting on my phaser." Twilight sighed in relief, but Pike wasn't done. "Now, explain to me why I just had to shoot my friend's daughter in the back."

Before Twilight could open her mouth, Luna answered for her as she and Celestia joined the group. "There will be time for that later. Right now. I must go in and ensure that the demon has lost control of Jessica." Luna lit her horn and touched it to Jessica's forehead. While she was working, Celestia stole a glance behind her, to find that ponies were fleeing out the door they finally managed to get open. Celestia sighed. 'This is going to be a mess tomorrow.' She knew that the papers would have a field day with this incident, and she would be visited by rioting nobles. She turned her head back to the unconscious Jessica, guilt washing over her. 'Another affected by Nightmare Moon because of my ignorance a thousand years ago. Jessica I am so sorry.'

Luna dimmed her horn and lifted her head back up, sighing in relief. "She will awaken as Jessica Cosmos, the ancient Winter Magic has completely vanished, and is no longer usable by the demon." As she said that, Jessica's wings shriveled up and disappeared, her ears returned to their normal state, her skin returned to her usual pinkish color, and her hair shrank to it's original length though now disheveled. Twilight sighed in relief.

Pike nodded. "I'm gonna assume that's a good thing your majesty. Now what?"

Celestia answered. "Now, we should allow her to rest. Twilight, you should take her back to your parents' house. I will be around tomorrow to check on you two."

Twilight nodded, tightened her grip on Jessica, and teleported them away.

Pike got back up on his feet as the gang gathered around them. Sweetie Belle looked to Princess Luna. "Is Jessica going to be ok your majesty?"

Luna nodded. "The demon has lost control, she should awaken as herself."

Pike nodded. "What was that? I saw her get wings and pony ears earlier, but I doubt those had anything to do with whatever that thing was."

Celestia shook her head. "I am certain her pony features were a direct result of the ancient magic surrounding the Alicorn Winter Waltz. Magic that we believed lost to time."

Luna nodded. "Until now."

Applejack lifted an eyebrow. "What about Nightmare Moon?"

Sunset nodded. "Yeah. Shouldn't the containment spell have prevented this? For that matter how was she able to do this?"

Celestia shook her head. "I do not know. I will need to go back and consult the book I located the containment spell in. See when it was conceived." She turned to Pike. "Captain Pike, does the Enterprise have any urgent business to attend to tomorrow?"

Pike shook his head. "We were heading back to earth for the holidays your majesty. You want us to stick around?"

Celestia nodded. "I will consult with Jessica and Twilight tomorrow, but I believe it would be best if Jessica had a way home ready."

Pike nodded. "Of course your majesty. Enterprise will remain in orbit tomorrow."

Celestia nodded. "Much appreciated Captain."

Pike nodded. "Now, if you will all excuse me. I now have an admiral to clue in on all this." With that, Pike made his exit.

Spike watched him go, and sighed. "Heads are really gonna roll after this."

To be continued.

Author's Note:

This episode was perhaps my favorite one to write. For some reason torturing your own OC is fun.

Hopefully you all enjoy this! I worked really hard on it.

For those of you wondering, I chose a million dreams because I was looking for a song with a clear place for Jessica’s pony up to take place, that place being that quiet beginning to the final verse. It was also a song that I can see being played at a ball like this

Please let me know what you think down in the comments, and also leave prompts or suggestions for future chapters after the Christmas special concludes.

Stay safe out there, and have a good day!!

PreviousChapters Next