• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 19: It’s a Pony Kind of Christmas: pt 1

Twilight and Spike were in the shuttlebay, waiting for the arrival of the Crystal Shuttle. Twilight couldn't stop smiling. "It's happening, it's finally, FINALLY happening!"

Spike lifted an eyebrow. "What's finally happening?"

"Jessica's first trip to Equestria! Duh. I can't wait to show her around Ponyville, Canterlot, share a donut with her at Donut Joe's, it's gonna be amazing!"

Spike chuckled. Twilight had been waiting for this since Jessica was invited to spend hearth's warming with the sparkles. "I'm sure she'll love it. But really Twi, you need to relax. We aren't even leaving yet. We're leaving later. Shining and Cadance are only coming early because we let slip that there was a holiday party happening in the quad today."

That got Twilight to calm down as her ears folded down and she chuckled in embarrassment. "Oh, right. Forgot about that."

Spike snickered. "Fortunately you have a faithful dragon assistant to keep your hooves on the ground when Jessica can't."

Twilight smiled and nodded. "You bet I do."

Spike smiled as he noticed something in the air. His smile grew as he pointed up at the incoming shuttle. "There she blows captain! Crystal Shuttle inbound!"

Twilight looked up and saw the Crystal Shuttle descending. She smiled. "Good."

They watched the shuttle land and it's hatch open to let out Cadance and Shining. Twilight smiled and practically galloped towards them. "Shiny! Cadance!"

Cadance saw Twilight galloping towards them and smiled. "Twily!" Twilight stopped in front of them and she and Cadance launched into the ladybug song.

"Sunshine sunshine ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake."

Twilight and Cadance got back on their hooves and shining and Cadance hugged Twilight. "Hey Twily, how are you doing?"

Twilight pulled back and smiled. "I'm doing great. Midterms went well for everyone and NM is behaving."

Spike chuckled. "Yeah. Reluctantly I might add."

Cadance chuckled. "Yeah. That. How's Jessica doing?"

Twilight smiled. "For a girl that has an active demon in her mind, she's faring a lot better than I would."

Spike chuckled. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't last 1 week before mentally breaking down."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah laugh it up. You can't go one day without sending a letter to Sweetie Belle, it's almost an addiction."

Spike sighed. "Well I'm sorry I miss my marefriend and only have letters as a means of communication these days."

Twilight chuckled. "It's alright spike. You and Sweetie Belle have gotten better at restricting your letter conversations. Even if you still use 30 parchments each time."

That sent all four of them chuckling. Cadance nodded. "I can only imagine what he's been putting you and Jessica through."

Twilight chuckled. "Thank Celestia we're able to convert the letters into digital form, our dorm would be full of scrolls in a week."

Spike nodded. "Instead, all the letters Sweetie's sent to me are in a single PADD ready to be called up at a moment's notice."

Shining smiled. "How convenient. We still keep all our letters in parchment."

Cadance nodded. "We might need to consider storing them in PADDs from now on."

All of a sudden, the four of them heard trumpets start blasting. Indicating the start of a song. Twilight's eyes widened. "That must be Cosmic Harmony!" The four of them ran to the railing and looked down into the quad.

Down in the quad, trumpets were going off and Cosmic Harmony were jamming out. With Starlight and Sunset backing Jessica up on vocals.

The song eased out as the crowd went wild with applause and cheering, and a few whistles.

In the back of the crowd, Commandant Forrest and Harry clapped in a mature manner. Hardy smiled. "It truly does warm my heart to see everyone come together this time of year."

Forrest nodded. "Even in these difficult times."

They both heard a groan as the little filly next to them rolled her eyes. "Difficult? If anypony has it difficult it is me! Do you know how humiliating it is to be seen like this?!"

Forrest looked down to see NM in her Brightshine Shimmer disguise and smirked. "Than maybe you should've taken the hint and ceased to exist three years ago."

They suddenly heard a scream and turned to see a pink fluff of fur stop in front of them and envelop NM in her magic. The pink Alicorn, which they registered as princess Cadance, smiled. "Awww, who is this little cutie?"

Upon hearing the word cutie, NM growled and yelled in the Royal Canterlot Voice. "I AM THE TERROR OF DARKNESS! THE BRINGER OF ETERNAL NIGHT!! I AM NOT A CUTIE!! NOW RELEASE ME YOU INSUFFERABLE NIECE TO MY INSUFFERABLY NAIVE SISTER!!!!!"

Everyone in close proximity had to cover their ears to keep from going death as the force of the yell forced cadance to dim her horn, dropping NM to the ground. NM then turned her head to her tail and glared angrily at the bow attached to it before trying to get at it with her teeth.

While the equivalent of a dog chasing it's tail was happening, the ringing in Harry's ears finally stopped and he shook his head. "God. Her yelling can make anyone death if they listen to it for too long."

Cadance nodded. "Thats Nightmare Moon? Last I checked she was tall, black, and scary."

"That's her disguise." Everyone saw twilight. Shining, and Spike join them. Twilight smiled at the crazy filly. "That's her disguise for when we go outside the academy and don't want her to interfere with anything. Brightshine Shimmer."

NM heard that name and stopped, turning her angry glare on Twilight. "You will remove this infernal contraption from my tail at once!"

Spike shook his head. "Nope, not until we are well underway to Equuis."

NM growled at spike as shining chuckled. "Let me guess, illusion spell?"

Twilight nodded. "Yep, an illusion spell, combined with Zero Point Energy technology embedded in the bow she's now wearing, offers an effective way to keep her from scaring anyone. After all, who could possibwy be scawed of this wittle face." Twilight then noticed that Harry was there, and Commandant Forrest. "Oh, sorry Commandant, Mr. Leginton, I didn't see you there. Shining, Cadance, this is Commandant Forrest, Commandant of Starfleet Academy, and Harry Leginton, the academy tailor, Forrest, Harry, this is Princess Cadance and Shining Armor."

Cadance and Shining smiled and gave a nod to Forrest and Harry. "It's nice to meet you two."

Forrest and Harry bowed in return. "The honor is ours princess. I'm sorry I wasn't aware of your visit today."

Cadance chuckled. "Don't worry Commandant, this isn't a business trip. We are here solely to bring the Equine back home for the holidays. We weren't expecting, or wanting, a formal welcome."

Shining nodded. "It is the holiday season after all."

NM growled and flapped her wings, getting up in everyone's faces. "I do not care if it is First Contact day for the wretched Federation! Someone remove this device from my tail NOW!!!"

They heard chuckling and they all saw Jessica come out of the crowd towards them. "Once we're on the shuttle we'll let you disappear. Though really you should be grateful we let you come to this party at all."

NM growled. "I only agreed to this to get out of that small space you call a dorm! I did NOT sign up for being stuck out here!"

Jessica chuckled. "Well, consider this our assurance that you don't try anything. Because the last time I played in a band with you in my mind, you scared the crap out of everyone and I nearly lost my chance with Twilight. Never making that mistake again, now that we can prevent it."

NM growled and flapped off angrily, Twilight shook her head as she stormed off. "Doesn't she know not to shout, pout, or cry because Santa Hooves is coming to town?"

Jessica chuckled. "She's just mad we put her in that adorable look. She absolutely hates it."

Harry giggled. "I think it kinda suits her."

Forrest nodded. "And there hasn't been any incidents since Brightshine's been here."

Cadance nodded and smiled. "That's good. When my auntie Celestia returned from her visit with the dream team here. She had mentioned to me about NM being in a disguise, with a smile on her muzzle, and if she can smile thinking about NM, than whatever you did to her had to be good. And I am not disappointed.” Cadance chuckled

Shining nodded and nudged Twilight. “Nice thinking on her disguise twily.”

Twilight chuckled. “I sadly can’t take credit for her disguise. Though Jessica and I WILL take credit for for how she can’t recall her construct.”

Jessica nodded. “That’s right. And let me tell you that that bow was one of the BEST ideas we’ve ever had regarding Nightmare Moon. If that was her real look, and if she wasn’t heck bent on destroying the sun and making my life miserable, I’d would actually believe that she was Sunset’s and Starlight’s daughter.”

Cadance beamed when she heard that. “Is that the cover story you guys have been going with for her in the disguise?”

“Yep, that’s right on the money princess.” Sunset and Starlight joined them.

Starlight smiled and nodded. “And as much as I know it’s only a disguise and cover story, it kinda makes me want to have a foal with you for real Sunset.” Starlight pecked Sunset on the cheek, causing Sunset to blush.

Sunset giggled. “Yeah, maybe someday.”

While no one else seemed to pick up on Sunset’s slightly more nervous reply, Cadance picked it up right away. And took note that it spawned when starlight mentioned a foal. Cadance’s mind was racing as sunset cleared her throat. “Hey, I’m gonna go get some punch. Anyone want any?”

While most decided against having punch, Cadance and Twilight nodded. Sunset smiled. “Alright, I’ll bring some back for you two.”

Cadance cleared her throat. “I’ll go with you if you don’t mind Sunset.”

Sunset, while confused, nodded. “Go right ahead.” Sunset Cadance made their way to the punch table while all of a sudden, they heard what was unmistakably NM’s RCV.

Jessica groaned. “Darn it. I should see what that’s all about.”

Shining and Twilight nodded. “We’ll go with you.”

“And I was captain of the royal guard, I know how to get people to listen to me.”

Jessica nodded as the three of them headed towards the shouting.

At the punch table. Sunset got 3 cups and began pouring punch into them with Cadance beside her. Sunset lifted an eyebrow. “Was there something on your mind that you wanted to talk about princess?”

Cadance smirked. I’m more interested in what’s on YOUR mind. You got a little nervous when Starlight mentioned wanting a foal of your own.”

Sunset froze stock still as her mind raced. ‘Sunset you idiot! You can’t hide your feelings from the freaking princess of love!!’ Sunset sighed, seeing no way out of this. “I was. But not for the reason you might think. I’m confident in my ability to be a mother.”

Cadance lifted an eyebrow. “Oh? Than what got you all nervous?”

Sunset looked around, making sure Starlight wasn’t anywhere near them, than leaned in to whisper in Cadance’s ear. “Because I’m aiming to PROPOSE to her on hearths warming.”

Cadance smiled and had to suppress a squeal. “Thats great! I knew you two would make it to this point.”

Sunset sighed. “To be honest, I didn’t think we would. But somehow, our relationship endured. I just hope she’ll say yes.”

Cadance smiled. “I know she will. If she wants a foal with you than it’s likely that she’s thinking about marriage too.”

Sunset nodded, than snickered. “I just hope she doesn’t plan on proposing too, that would make it really awkward.”

Cadance laughed. “I think it should only solidify the fact that you both want to be each other’s forever.”

Sunset nodded. “I guess. I just want things to go right.”

Cadance chuckled. “Well, you’ll have quite a few romantic chances. Just in the Yule Ball alone.”

Sunset chuckled. “Yeah. I guess I will.”

Cadance chuckled as she caught sight of Jessica, Twilight, and Shining berating NM for picking a fight as far as she could tell. “Speaking of the Yule Ball. Has Twilight asked Jessica to it yet?”

Sunset lifted an eyebrow. “The Yule Ball? She might have. Though I haven’t heard Rarity lording over them about dresses so my guess is a no.”

Cadance frowned. “She’s spent every ball alone thus far and now she has someone to take and she hasn’t said anything to her yet?”

Sunset shook her head. “Not to my knowledge, but, there is a way to find out...” Sunset levitated a full cup of punch towards Cadance. “I think it’s time Twilight has her drink.”

Cadance smiled and nodded.

Over by Twilight and company. “NM, just because your mad that doesn’t give you the right to pick a fight with the first cadet that looks at you. Of course they’re gonna look at you.”

Jessica nodded. “Yeah. And how could they not in your current look you’re so adorable.”

NM growled. “I AM NOT ADORABLE!!”

Shining groaned. “Brightshine, right now, you are a little filly and little fillies are supposed to be adorable.”

NM growled. “Call me that again and I will pulverize you, slowly and painfully!”

Jessica smirked. “And just how will you do that? You can’t do anything when you send out a construct at the moment.”

NM gritted her teeth. “Maybe not YET! But I grow stronger every day! Now remove this bow, IMMEDIATELY!!!”

Jessica groaned. “Ok you know what? Fine! If it’ll stop your annoying complaints fine! I’ll remove it. Just don’t try anything. Because I still got that lantern ring that I can use to blast you into space if you misbehave.” Jessica knelt down to remove the recall cancellation Bow from NM’s tail as Cadance trotted up to them.

Cadance levitated a cup of punch to Twilight. “Here’s that punch you wanted Twilight.”

Twilight took the cup in her own magic and smiled. “Thanks Cadance.”

Cadance nodded. “So, Twilight, have you asked Jessica to the Yule Ball yet?”

Upon hearing her name, Jessica looked up to the standing ponies. “What’s the Yule Ball?”

Twilight smiled. “The Yule Ball is THE social event of the holiday season. Basically a fancy Hearths Warmug party for everyoony.”

Cadance nodded. “And it is open to the general public.”

Jessica smiled. “Hm, sounds like a lot of fun.”

Twilight nodded. “It is, and, Jessica, I was wondering if you would like to be my date to the Yule Ball.”

Jessica smiled as she stood up. “Of course Twi, I’d be honored.” She leaned in and wrapped her arms around Twilight in a hug.

NM tried to recall her construct, but couldn’t, because Jessica hadn’t finished taking the bow off. NM looked up and growled. “Excuse me! You were doing something?!”

Shining rolled his eyes. “Impatient much you demon? Let them have a moment.”

Cadance nodded. “Yeah. The Yule Ball is an important event. Oh, shining, remind me to make sure both of them know how to do that dance.”

Shining nodded. “Twily could just teach Jessica. She should know it.”

Cadance nodded. “Good point.”

A couple hours after the party the gang was all gathered in the shuttlebay, along with all the other cadets going away for the holidays. While the Equine were loading the Crystal Shuttle, Jessica was taking care of last minute business with her brother and T’Nea and Ivan. “See you guys in the new year T’Nea, Ivan.”

Ivan nodded. “I do hope you find your holiday on Equuis to be enjoyable Jessica.”

T’Nea smiled. “Let us no how it went.”

Jessica nodded. “I will. If I don’t die tomorrow I’ll send word.”

Luke chuckled. “You better. It’s a 15 hour flight so I’ll call in 18 hours if we don’t hear from you first.”

Jessica chuckled. “And in the meantime, don’t go hacking into my travel bag to find out what I gotcha, I’ll handle putting them under the tree when I get home.”

Luke chuckled and nodded, extending his fist for a fistbump. “Have fun Jessica. And please, for the love of god, stay close to Twilight until Luna can be trusted around you without supervision.”

Jessica nodded as she bumped her fist with his. “I’m pretty sure Twilight will make sure of that. And thanks for taking everything I don’t need for Equuis back home Luke.”

Luke nodded. “It only makes sense.”

They both heard Twilight shouting to Jessica. “Hey Jessica, we’re ready to go!”

Jessica smiled. “Be right there!” She turned back to Luke. “Don’t have too much fun without me.”

“Don’t die on us.” They both chuckled and went in for a quick hug. Jessica than started for the Crystal Shuttle. “You’ll pick Twilight Spike and me up the day after Hearths Warming day right?”

Luke nodded. “That’s in four days right?”

Twilight nodded. “Yeah.”

Luke nodded. “Then yes, I’ll be there. You’ll let me know where to land right?”

Jessica nodded and waved. “Call when you’re on your way and we’ll tell you the landing zone.”

Luke nodded and waved back. “I will. Take care Jessica. Make sure she doesn’t die Twilight!”

Twilight chuckled. “Don’t worry. Luna will have to get past me to get to Jessica.”

Luke nodded. “I’ll hold you to that, me and everyone else in the Cosmos family.”

Twilight chuckled. “Take care Luke.”

At that moment, NM appeared and started pushing Twilight and Jessica into the shuttle. “Ok you’re done with goodbyes let us go and get this over with.”

With that, the Crystal Shuttle hatch closed and the Luke Ivan and T’Nea watched the shuttle lift off and disappear above the clouds. Luke clapped just hands together, turning to Ivan and T’Nea. “Alright. I got the keys to my family’s bandwagon, anyone need a lift?”

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Now starts the Holiday special. Which will likely last all January. Let me know what you think down in the comments.

And as always, all rights to any links go to their respective owners.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

PreviousChapters Next