• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 13: Halloween Special pt 4: All is Revealed

The week flew by at lightning speed, the Starfleet cadets went to classes while Shining, Cadence and Moondancer took the fillies around San Francisco. After class hours saw the two groups together for dinner time and any evening activities that they-mainly Pinkie Pie-could come up with. All the while Jessica and twilight were continually faced with conversation revolving around their crush for the other. To an outside observer with two functioning brain cells, with such a large group of mutual friends, the fact that neither twilight or Jessica found out about the other's feelings by accident was astonishing. Before anyone knew it, Friday was around and the day found Pinkie and Rarity, along with Harry and Luke, who was there to help decorate, under a large tent, setting up tables and chairs.

Harry looked around the tent and arched an eyebrow at the pink earth-pony. "Hey, Pinkie, how come you didn't want to break out the decorations until today?"

Luke nodded. "Yeah pinks, this tent is relatively large and we're just four people. How are we going to get all the decorations done in time?"

Pinkie smiled as she began bouncing up and down. "Oh don't worry, with my Party Decoration Bomb, we can have this place decorated lickity split." Pinkie raced out of the tent and returned a few seconds later with a big melon shaped device in tow.

Harry and Luke did a double take as Harry gained a little more panic in his voice. "Ok, two things cadet. 1, how's a bomb going to help us? And 2, where the frag did you get that thing?"

Rarity chuckled as pinkie ignored Harry and continued to fiddle with the control panel on the device. "It's, best that you don't ask those kinds of questions darlings."

Pinkie nodded as she finished her work. "Yeah. Now, FIRE IN THE HOLE!" Harry and Luke's iris's shrank as they realized what that meant. They turned to run, but it was too late.

Outside the tent, T'Nea was walking through the quad to her next class when she heard a boom in the distance. She looked in the direction of the tent and immediately saw Harry, Luke, Pinkie, and Rarity rush out of the tent, clearly covered in orange, black, and yellow.

T'Nea slapped her hands over her mouth in an attempt to stop her laughter, but that did nothing as she burst out laughing. "O-oh my g-goodness you g-guys, wha-wha-what happened to y-you?"

Luke spat some glitter out of his mouth as he Harry, and Rarity pointed to pinkie. "Pinkie Pie and her Party Decoration Bomb. That's what happened."

"Don't ask. It's Pinkie being Pinkie."

T'Nea nodded as she started looking past the four into the tent. "Well. I guess the Dance is now fully decorated."

Pinkie nodded. "Uh Huh. Now all that's left is to get the food, drinks, the DJ system, and it's party time!"

"Don't forget about..." Rarity took a quick look around before continuing in a hushed voice. "...operation Jessitwi. We still need to set that up."

T'Nea arched an eyebrow. "Operation Jessitwi?"

Rarity nodded. "Our plan to help twilight to confess her feelings for Jessica. We're going to make the scene so romantic that she'll have no choice but to confess."

Luke chuckled. "Well, maybe you should pull your plan while Jessica's singing her song to twilight."

Rarity's eyes widened in realization. "Luke, you're right! You told us how Jessica was going to serenade twilight. We could engage the Romantic scene whilst the song is playing, and when she finishes, twilight will confess that she loves her too, and bada bing bada boom, we have a new couple in our mist!"

Luke and T'Nea chuckled. "You are really confident that it'll work flawlessly aren't you Rarity."

Rarity rolled her eyes. "I will admit to reading perhaps one too many romance novels. But if they love each other then it doesn't matter."

Pinkie nodded. "Yeah! Though in the end it all comes down to their ability to overcome any fear that they have."

Harry nodded. "Well, it is Halloween after all so that could be a thing."

Rarity nodded with a determined smile on her face. "However it May end up playing out, Jessica and twilight will become an item by the time the clock hits midnight tonight. Of that I am certain."

Her companions all chuckled at that as luke got out his phone and checked the time. "Well, it's a good thing my Friday Afternoons are clear, it's gonna take ages to get all cleaned up."

Rarity groaned. "Lucky you. I still have psychology, and I'm a complete mess."

Pinkie wrapped her forelegs around Rarity. "Oh, I'm sorry rarebear, I didn't mean to get you all messy."

Rarity sighed and nuzzled Pinkie. "It's ok dear, I suspected something like this would happen when you put off decorating until today. Now, could you help me dust off so I look somewhat presentable?"

Pinkie nodded and raised her tail towards rarity. "Pinkie Tail Duster, Activate!" Pinkie started racing at superspeed around Rarity, her tail brushing against Rarity and cleaning her up.

Later that day, across San Francisco, Cadance, Shining, Moondancer, and the fillies were all getting ready for the scariest night of the year. The CMC were just about ready as they flipped their pirate hats onto their heads. "Argh mateys, we be a fine lookin crew if I do say so meself."

"That's right shipmen scootaloo. Now, where be our scaly captain? He told his hearty crew to rendezvous with the SS CMC around this time did he not?"

Moondancer and shining chuckled as they finished zipping each other into their costumes. "I'm sure he'll be here any minute. Then you shall set sail and plunder this planet of its delicious candy. And once ensign Flurry is in bed, we shall dance all night to, and I quote that sea devil Luke, 'the best songs on Earth'."

Moondancer nodded. "Yeah, I'd like to see how earth music differs from Equine music."

Sweetie Bell cocked her head to the side as she remembered a conversation she had with spike earlier. "From what spike told me, it's not too different. Though Earth's wider range of instruments means more impressive harmonious sounds and beats. I can't wait."

Applebloom shook her head. "Me neither. So let's finish getting dressed and skedaddle out of here for Trick Or Treating."

Cadance chuckled as she and Flurry exited the bathroom, Flurry wearing a mouse costume, and Cadance looking a lot like Nightmare Moon. She took a good look around and smirked. "So, we have a bunch of pirates, a mouse, Nightmare Moon, and oh, I see the ever so famous salt and pepper combo has made a return."

They all got a chuckle out of that. "Quite the diverse group we have here."

"Yeah. And hey, shining and I are together for Nightmare Night, might as well bring back the ever so sparkle classic. We would've had twilight here to be the cinnamon or the paprika, but she's going as King Sombra, for some reason."

Cadance chuckled. "So she's told me. Now I'm wishing Flurry and I had coordinated. Darn it we could've been a cat and her cute little kitten."

Shining walked over and nuzzled his wife in the neck. "There's always next year dear."

Cadance nodded. "Yeah. Though I'm not complaining, Flurry is just so adorable as a mouse." All eyes turned to Flurry, who had situated herself in the middle of all of them and squeaked like a mouse, eliciting an Aww from everyone.

"Just look at her, she's just so adorable with her mouse costume it's almost criminal."

Silver Spoon nodded. "That she is DT, that she is."

At that, there was a knock on the door. Cadance went to open it, revealing a tiny pirate standing there with a candy bag. "Argh matey, Hand over your delicious treasure, or face the consequences!"

Cadance chuckled. "Hello to you too spike. About time you got here."

Spike chuckled nervously. "Yeah, Sorry about that, apparently King Sombra and Green Lantern wanted to see how long it would take for them to steal Captain Spike's hat. Suffice to say, it took a while longer than I thought."

Cadance let spike in, and spike immediately went to his CMC friends, who were all smiling at him. "Hey spike! You're finally here."

"Indeed mateys, now, who's ready to plunder this town of all its delicious candy treasure?"

5 fillies and a dragon chuckled as the fillies all nodded and saluted. "The hearty crew of the SS CMC is ready for a new adventure captain spike!"

Spike nodded as shining chuckled and started for the door. "Then let's set sail everypony." The gang smiled as they all followed shining out the door.

Meanwhile, in the mess hall at Starfleet Academy, it was packed with cadets, all there to get an early dinner before the Dance started. At one of the corner tables, the Equine gang were all enjoying their meals when all of a sudden, they heard a very loud roar. Fluttershy the rabbit squeaked and bolted under the table in fear. "What was that?!" Everyone quickly looked around for the source of the roar, only to find their crazy pink friend in a lion costume, next to, much to their surprise, the famous Mare-Do-Well, a 'hero' they created to teach rainbow a lesson on humility.

Rainbow sighed. "False alarm, it's just Pinkie Pie. But who got the Mare-Do-Well costume?"

Mare-Do-Well reached up and lifted her mask to reveal Rarity. "That would be me darling. Look familiar Rainbow?"

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Yeah it does. Any reason?"

Rarity shrugged. "I unearthed it when I was packing and it's been collecting dust this whole time so I figured I'd give it a new life as a Nightmare Night costume."

Starlight smiled. "Well, it's a pretty well done costume Rares. Your own design?"

"That's correct."

T'Nea nodded. "You definitely rock the Superhero look Rarity."

Rarity's face lit up. "Why thank you darling. I admit it's nice to be back in a costume made to help a friend."

Everyone nodded in agreement. All of a sudden, they all heard a low voiced laugh coming from behind them, they all turned to see somepony that made the Equine jump a little.

"Woah!"

"No way!"

"King Sombra?!"

'Sombra' nodded. "Yes my little ponies, it is I! King Sombra, the rightful ruler of the Crystal Empire! And Equestria itself!"

Rarity, having lowered her mask, knew who it really was, and decided to play along. "Oh yeah Sombra? Just try it, because Mare-Do-Well and the Elements of Harmony are always ready to defend Equestria!" Rarity then lit her horn and seemingly fired a shot at 'Sombra'. But in reality it was just a light beam.

Twilight, catching on to Rarity's act, really laid it on thick when the beam it her. "Gah! Ugh! Curse you and your magic Mare-Do-Well!" Twilight fell sideways onto the floor, acting like she was dead. For the moment, no one said a word, until rarity and twilight started laughing.

Twilight got up off the ground and canceled the Illusion Spell she was using, catching everyone off guard.

"Twilight?!"

"That was you the whole time?"

Twilight chuckled. "Yep. This is me. King, or rather, QUEEN Sombra, for the night."

Applejack chuckled. "Well, y'all and Rarity sure put up quite the show. I almost believed you."

Rarity nodded. "Ah, yes. Twilight and I are quite the actresses aren't we."

"I would say so, however, your attempts at acting are insignificant, next to the power, of the force." A low, almost robotic voice said. Everyone again turned to find the source, and saw a figure clad in black armor, a black cape, and a menacing mask.

The figure's appearance sent Fluttershy back down under the table in fear. "Monster! Don't let it eat me dashie!" Upon seeing Fluttershy so scared, the figure immediately took off his mask and revealed himself to be Luke, with a worried expression on his face.

"Oh, sorry 'shy, was that too scary?" Luke asked.

Fluttershy peaked out from under the table and upon seeing that it was indeed just luke, she retook her seat. "Um, yes. It was a little scary Luke."

Luke sighed as he took a seat. "Sorry flutters, I guess I made my Darth Vader costume a little too accurate to the real thing, because if you don't know who it is, it could scare you."

Rara, dressed up as Daring Do, scratched her head. "Who is Darth Vader anyway?"

Luke smiled. "Only one of the most iconic characters in Sci-Fi history. He's a Sith lord who's the main enforcer of the Galactic Empire, a galaxy spanning Empire the ruled a galaxy far far away from this one, a long time ago."

Starlight and Sunset listened to Luke intently. "Ooh, sounds interesting."

"What franchise is he from?"

Before Luke could answer, another voice answered for him. "That would be Star Wars, the greatest franchise ever." Suddenly, a bowl of salad surrounded by a green aura floated onto the table, everyone followed the retracting green beam back to its source, and found Jessica dressed in a green and black suit with white gloves, white boots, a green over the eye mask, and a green ring on her finger. All everyone could do was stare at her as she took her seat, save for twilight and Luke, who had seen her in her costume already.

T'Nea was the first to come out of her shock. "Wow. And here I thought Rarity rocked the superhero look. That Green Lantern suit looks amazing Jessica."

Jessica chuckled. "Thanks."

Luke nodded. "Though I still don't know how you managed to make the ring Jessica."

Jessica held up her hand with the ring on it for everyone to see. "The ring uses Zero Point Energy to entrap an object in a bubble and essentially makes it light as a feather and able to be moved with ease. Of course the real rings can do a whole lot more, but we can only do levitation with nanotechnology right now."

Starlight eyed the ring with interest. "Your telling me that little thing can levitate any object just by shooting a beam at it?"

Jessica nodded. "Yep. This thing is a hi-tech nano-powered motion controlled levitation spell. But it's not limited to objects, it can lift living beings too, it freezes them in time as a side effect while their caught in the beam, but they unfreeze when they are let go."

The Equine all looked at the ring in amazement. "Wow."

"Astonishing."

"Can you tell us more about this Zero Point Energy?"

Jessica chuckled. "I could, but then we'd miss the dance." That got everyone chuckling, until sunset noticed one of their friends missing.

"Hey, anyone know where Ivan is?"

T'Nea smiled. "Ivan's meeting us in the tent, he said he'll play the songs, then leave. Because, and I quote, 'Vulcans do not engage in these kind of events', though by playing a few songs he is engaging in this event so not sure where the logic is there."

Luke and Jessica chuckled. "Yep. That's our Ivan. Vulcan to the core."

"But that doesn't stop him from rocking the drums. Boy can he play."

T'Nea chuckled. "That he can. He's the best that keeps cosmic harmony on track."

Jessica nodded. "That he is. Ooh, this is gonna be so much fun!"

Everyone at the table nodded. "Yeah!" Everyone stretched out one of their arms and forelegs to do a big hand/hoofpile.

The pile exploded as they all went back to their meals and engaged in small talk, but Jessica suddenly heard her least favorite creature speak again. "Oh, it is gonna be so much fun. So much fun ruining this little night in one swift action."

Jessica inwardly groaned. "I swear to god if you do anything within the next few hours, I'll tear you limb from limb."

NM laughed. "Ha! As if you could do anything to me you brat."

"I'm warning you you little demon, bad things happen to those who underestimate humans. ESPECIALLY through insults."

NM let out a chuckle. "Ooh, I'm so scared. You're forgetting that this is MY night. It's called Nightmare Night for a reason. Me, the terror of the night, the one TRUE nightmare. I have endured for a thousand years, and I will not be threatened by a weak pathetic human like you!"

Jessica inwardly facepalmed. "Do you have any idea how cliche that bragging reel was?"

NM groaned. "Give me a break! I've been on the moon for a thousand years and spent the next 3 in the mind of that purple Alicorn idiot before I entered your mind. I've been out of it for a while!"

Jessica froze as she registered what NM said. "She's been hiding in Twilight's mind before she came here?! That's where she came from?! And I'm betting twilight doesn't even know it!" Jessica glanced at Twilight, who was chuckling at something Rarity had mentioned. She recalled seeing firsthand twilight's tendency to blow things out of proportion. "For her sake I hope she NEVER figures that out."

"And what's to stop me from telling her?"

Jessica had had enough of NM at that point and just ignored her, and hoped that NM wouldn't say anything relating to her living arrangements before Jessica's mind. If Twilight knew she brought Nightmare Moon to earth, and had harbored her within her mind for 3 years before that, she'd have the biggest panic attack ever, despite it being unwittingly.

Spike hopped up and pushed the button on the side of a door. The CMC heard a faint ding dong and got their candy bags ready. They were each filled with candy and they had planned this as their last stop before they headed to the Halloween Dance. After a few seconds, the door opened and they saw a blue skinned alien with a bowl of candy in its hand.

Sweetie Belle cleared her throat and began their candy requesting routine. "Ahoy matey. The crew of the SS CMC request your finest delicious treats for our journey through the stars."

The alien smiled, and—deciding to respond by acting like they were indeed in the pirate era—saluted. "Of course sailor, allow me to provide a piece of my delicious treasure to you." He reached into the bowl, knelt down, and proceeded to drop a handful of candy into each of the bags. He chuckled. "I gotta say, this is the best looking group of pirates I've seen tonight. Where did you guys get them?"

Sweetie Belle smiled. "I made them myself. Are they really the best you've seen tonight?"

The man nodded. "Oh yeah. And I tip my hat to you young lady. Though, I can't say I ever seen you 6 in this neighborhood before. What planet are you from?"

Applebloom smiled. "All 6 of us, as well as our chaperones right over there—" Applebloom gestured towards cadance, shining, and Moondancer. "Are from Equuis. Specifically Equestria."

The man snapped his fingers, as if he cracked some code. "Now it makes since. This your first time on earth?"

All 6 of them nodded. "Yep."

"Yes sir."

"Been here all week visiting family at Starfleet Academy."

The man smiled. "Well then, I hope earth was everything you imagined."

All of them nodded. "Oh yeah. It's beautiful."

DT cleared her throat. "Although, if I may ask in return. What planet are you from sir?"

The man chuckled. "I was born right here on earth, but my species is actually Andorian, from the planet Andoria, one of the founding planets of the Federation."

The CMC gasped. "Wow!"

"That's so cool!"

The man chuckled. "Yeah. I suppose. Anyway. That should be enough to satisfy your tummies for your ride home."

The CMC nodded. "Thanks sir."

"Have a Happy Halloween."

The man nodded and stood back up. "You too." The man closed the door as the CMC headed back to their companions.

Sweetie grabbed a piece of candy in her magic and popped it into her mouth. After a few seconds of chewing, she smiled. "Mmm. I'll say this for earth, it's candy is delicious."

The rest of the CMC each popped a piece into their own mouths and spike tossed a few to Shining, Cadance, and Moondancer. After they chewed for a few seconds, they all nodded their heads.

"Yep. I'd even wager that Earth candy is tastier than Equestrian candy. If that's even possible."

Cadance nodded. "It must be if you just said it Moondancer." That got a chuckle out of everyone.

Scootaloo cleated her throat. "Well, it's been fun Trick or Treating, but now we got a dance to get to."

Spike nodded. "Yeah. Come on guys. I wan't to be there when Jessica serenades Twilight."

Cadance nodded. "As do I spike, but it's past Flurry's bedtime so shining and I need to get back to the hotel."

Moondancer shook her head. "Nah, you guys go to the dance. I can handle Flurry for the night."

Shining smiled at Moondancer. "You sure moonie?"

Moondancer nodded. "I doubt you guys get a lot of nights off where she's concerned. And since I rarely go to these kinds of social events-mainly because they just don't happen on Ponyville as often as I had thought-I can take Flurry and tuck her in for the night."

Flurry, as if she was listening this whole time, flapped her wings and flew over to settle on Moondancer's back, and proceeded to yawn. Meaning that she was getting tired. Cadance and Shining both smiled and nodded.

"Alright. Thanks Moondancer."

Moondancer nodded. "Just do me a favor and let me know how it turns out for twilight and Jessica the instant you get back to the hotel, wake me up if you have to."

Shining and Cadance chuckled. "Ok. We'll let you know."

"And we'll record it so we can show you exactly how it went down."

Moondancer smiled. "Thanks." Moondancer turned her head to look at Flurry. "Come on Flurry, lets get you to bed." Flurry nodded and wrapped herself up with her wings, closing her eyes. The sight caused the others to let out a "d'awwwww". Moondancer began walking in the direction of the hotel, and the others in the direction of the Dance.

Spike flapped his wings and started flying ahead of them. "Come on guys, lets party!"

About a half hour after dinner and the CMC's trick or treating session, the dance was in full swing, everywhere you looked there were mummies, scarecrows, witches, skeletons, animals of all kinds, it was a costume extravaganza, and up on the stage, Cosmic Harmony had just finished up its current song. They eased out and the crowd went wild, obviously having enjoyed the song. Twilight, rarity, and pinkie were sat at a table and clapped along with everyone else.

"Yep. I'll say it now. Cosmic Harmony the best band I've ever heard."

Rarity nodded. "I will concede that the Ponytones would lose to Cosmic Harmony in a Battle of the Bands. They're just too good at harmonizing."

Pinkie nodded. "Yeah! I can't stop banging my head to their beats! I almost want them to continue playing. But I want them to enjoy themselves too."

Rarity nodded. "Oh yeah. In fact..." Rarity leaned in towards pinkie and whispered something in her ear. Pinkie's face lit up and she nodded, running off.

Twilight noticed pinkie's departure and eyed Rarity. "Where did Pinkie go?"

Rarity gave her a smile. "Oh, she's just going to make sure the DJ for the rest of the night is here. Nothing to worry about."

Twilight arched an eyebrow. "Would this DJ of yours be part of your supposed time related plan?"

Rarity's answer was immediate, and fast paced. "Don't worry about it Twilight. You just worry about what you're going to say to her. Leave everything else to us."

Twilight was confused as to why Rarity was telling her to only worry about what she was going to say, but seeing that Rarity was the romance expert, twilight just rolled with it for now. "Sure Rares. Whatever you say."

Over to Pinkie, she snuck her way to the lighting control panel. Looking down at the board, she rubbed her hooves together and smiled wickedly. "Operation Jessitwi is ready for action. Time to signal the band." Pinkie tapped her combadge 3 times.

Luke’s combadge beeped three times. Luke recognized it as the signal that he pinkie and Rarity set up. ‘Time for love to bloom. Huh. Halloween could be their anniversary. Eh weirder things have happened.’ Luke cleared his throat and tapped on the mic, gaining the attention of everyone.

“Ahem. We hope you’ve enjoyed the performance so far everyone...” he was met with cheers and clapping, indications of agreement. “...and we have a few more songs before we let the DJ take over. But before that. Someone has something to say to her roommate.” With that, Luke backed up and handed the mic to Jessica.

Jessica took a deep breath and began. “Hey everyone. There’s something that I’ve wanted to say to my Alicorn roommate Twilight Sparkle for a while now, and I think that it would be better if I expressed myself through song.” She turned her head to where she saw twilight sitting, and smiled. “Twilight, this one’s for you.”

Twilight’s eyes widened at this. Jessica had a song for her? Could it... ‘No. she doesn’t, does she?’ However, literally milliseconds before the song started, there was suddenly a maniacal laughter filling the room, though no one had their mouth open.

Jessica’s eyes widened as she pinpointed the laughter. “No, no no not now please don’t do this!”

Luke eyed Jessica. “Who are you talking to Jess—“ before he could finish his sentence, Jessica started glowing as she suddenly fell to her knees, clutching her head in pain. Lightning started surging through her and striking out everywhere, causing the dancers to take cover, and scream in panic. Jessica meanwhile had begun hovering a few feet off the ground. She sudden opened her glowing blue eyes and on the floor in front of her, a being started phasing in.

“Yes, yes, yes!” The creature continued laughing maniacally as from the entrance, the CMC, Shining, and Cadance entered, seeing the chaos and everyone in terror.

Cadance’s eyes widened. “What the hay is happening?”

Shining shook his head. “I don’t know, wait, is that Jessica up there?!”

Spike caught sight of Jessica and gasped. “What’s happening to her?”

Suddenly, there was a burst of energy that blew Everyone close back, and then the lightning stopped. Everyone who was taking cover slowly peaked out to see a tall pony standing there, smiling wickedly and looking around. For the Equine in the room, they all gasped as they recognized the mare.

“NIGHTMARE MOON!”

Twilight and Rarity looked at each other in shock.

“Nightmare moon?”

“How’s that possible?!”

Nightmare Moon laughed. “Ha ha ha! Greetings peasants! It is I, the terror of darkness, the bringer of eternal night, the one true ruler of Equestria, NIGHTMARE MOON!” Thunder cackled, everyone was too afraid to move, so NM kept talking. “For years, I have been in hiding, plotting, waiting for the right moment to take my revenge against Celestia and the so called Elements of Harmony you now call Starfleet cadets. And now that I have inhabited the mind of THAT BRAT!” NM pointed to towards Jessica, who was still suspended in midair. “I can feed off the fear radiating from the beings of this miserable little planet uninterrupted. Soon, I shall regain my former strength, and finally bring about Eternal Night! This is your one warning. Stay out of my way, and I may spare your lives!” Nightmare Moon resumed laughing maniacally as she faded away, her voice soon following. With her gone, Jessica stopped glowing, her eyes regained their usual color, and she fell back onto the floor. Coming too only seconds after, she lifted her head to be met with everyone staring at her, not in anticipation as had been the case minutes earlier, but instead, it was looks of fear and shock. At that moment. Jessica knew what had happened. With only one course of action coming to her right then, she swiftly got up, off the stage, and ran out of the room, no one stopping her.

Twilight watched her leave and she could’ve sworn that she saw Jessica’s eyes wet. She felt a tap on her shoulder she turned to see Rarity gesturing for her to go after her. “We’ll handle things here darling, go to her.” Twilight nodded and sprinted out of the room after Jessica. It was then that everyone came out of their state of shock.

Spike just stared at the exit he saw his roommates rush out of. “What, just happened?”

Outside minutes later. Twilight was on the path headed to the botanical gardens, where she had caught Jessica running towards. As she walked, what happened at the dance kept replaying in her mind. "Nightmare Moon, here, on earth? How did she even get here? And, how is she still around?' Twilight shook her head to clear her thoughts. 'No. None of that right now. Right now, Jessica needs you. Nightmare Moon can wait til tomorrow.' Twilight suddenly heard a faint whimpering sound that grew louder as she walked. "Jessica?"

In the hub area of the botanical gardens, Jessica sat, knees pressed against her chest, head buried in her arms, and tears falling as she cried. The secret was out, she now knew NM's complete plan, that demon beat her to the punch and revealed herself to everyone, and now her friends were gonna hate her for harboring a villain for so long. When she thought it couldn't get any worse, she heard NM's voice.

She looked up and saw NM's projection standing over her. "That went well. I could see the fear in everyone's faces. Oh how delicious it was."

"Go away!"

"What? Was it something I said?"

"You don't get to talk after that stunt you pulled. You just couldn't resist could you? You just had to show yourself."

NM chuckled. "Well I wanted them to know I was around eventually."

Jessica stood up and exploded. "So you chose the exact moment I was gonna FINALLY confess to twilight how I felt about her. And now you've gone and messed up not just that, but the rest of my life. Way to go Nightmare Moon. Now I know why you're called the terror of the night. Because you are the absolute WORST nightmare I have EVER had!"

NM chuckled. "Oh? You think you've experienced the worst? I can do so, so much worse then what I've done."

Jessica snorted angrily. "Compared to losing everything? My friends? my future in Starfleet? My freedom? You've already done the worst you could do."

"Oh jessi, you must—"

"Leave." NM and Jessica turned to see twilight standing on the path into the hub area, illusion spell dropped, horn glowing and a look that sent shivers down Jessica's spine.

'God does she look angry.'

NM chuckled. "Well well Well, it looks like you've come to confirm this one's 'worst nightmare ever'. I was just preparing her for reject—"

Twilight sent a beam of magic straight at NM and sent her crashing into a tree, hard. "I, said, LEAVE!"

NM got up and snarled. "And just why would I listen to you?" Another blast from twilight sent NM back down to the ground.

"Because I don't have the time or patience to deal with you right now, my best friend needs me, and you being here isn't cutting it! So scram before I SEND THIS WORTHLESS CONSTRUCT OF YOURS, HURLING TOWARDS THE SUN!" Twilight shouted that last part with The Royal Canterlot Voice, an ability of an Alicorn that she rarely, but smartly exercised. Jessica had to cover her ears to keep from going death, and Jessica swore that she saw actual murder in the Alicorn's eyes and smoke coming out of her mane.

'Jesus! She's furious! is her mane actually smoking?!'

NM got up off the ground again. "Grah! Fine! Comfort your little friend. But since I can't do anything to you at the moment, she'll suffer instead!" Nightmare Moon disappeared, leaving a disembodied voice to say.

"Count on it!"

The voice disappeared, leaving Jessica and twilight alone. For a moment, no one said a word, no one made a movement, it seemed like time stopped, and it was making Jessica anxious. Which of course meant that she froze and tensed up the millisecond twilight made a move, she turned to face Jessica. She winced when twilight opened her mouth, expecting a loud and angry voice to yell at her, but what actually came out shocked her.

"Don't worry Jessica. I'm not mad at you." Jessica stared at twilight in disbelief, twilight just did a complete 180 in no time flat.

"You, you're not?!" Jessica managed to squeak out.

Twilight shook her head. "No. I'm not. But we do need to talk. About more than one thing I imagine." Jessica nodded her head as she slowly sat back down on the edge of the walkway. Twilight sitting down on her haunches next to her.

Jessica took a deep breath as she started talking. "So, what do you want to know?"

"How long has she been here? Why didn't you say anything before now?"

Jessica sighed. "I first heard her the morning if your first day of classes a month ago."

Twilight gasped. "Month?! She's been here for a month and we didn't notice? Why didn't you say anything?"

"You and the other elements of harmony defeated her 3 years ago, and she hasn't made a peep since then. You would've thought I was crazy if I said she was back without anything to back my claims." Twilight was about to counter that, but her words fell short of her mouth. "Yeah. That's what I thought."

Twilight shook her head. "But still, you could've said something. I know a brain scan spell that would've proved your claims."

Jessica sighed. "I know. And now I feel stupid for hiding it from you for a month. Heck, maybe she wouldn't be here anymore if I had just opened my mouth. But I didn't. Because I was worried about stressing you out when you already had enough on your plate. I'm sorry Twilight."

Twilight leaned in and wrapped her forelegs around Jessica. "Its alright Jessica, I forgive you. And I promise that no matter what happens with nightmare moon, nothing will get in the way of our friendship."

For the first time since NM revealed herself, Jessica let out a soft smile as she returned the hug. "Thank you Twilight." They both sat there in each other's embrace for what seemed like hours, but only lasted a few seconds before they pulled apart.

Twilight broke the silence that had swept over them. "Hey Jessica?"

"Yeah?"

"That song, the one you said was for me, can you, sing it now?"

Jessica arched an eyebrow at twilight in confusion. "You find out that I currently have the worst evil Equuis has ever seen inhabiting my mind and you respond by asking me to sing?"

Twilight looked down and smiled sheepishly. "Please? It might cheer you up. You looked like you REALLY wanted to sing this song back there."

Jessica allowed a smile to creep its way onto her face in the tiniest tint of amusement. "It, it loses something when sung without instrumental accomp—" before Jessica could go any farther, her guitar appeared right in front of her with a poof of purple smoke. Jessica noticed that twilight's horn dimmed. Jessica let out one chuckle. "You say I really wanted to sing, are you sure it's not your desire to hear it that's driving this?"

Twilight blushed as she avoided eye contact. "Please?"

Jessica sighed. "Alright. This probably won't yield the result I was hoping for now, but if you really want to hear it. Enjoy." With that, Jessica began strumming her guitar.

The song eased out as Twilight looked at Jessica with a soft expression. "It's true then, what I heard when you yelled. You, have a crush on me."

Jessica nodded, setting her guitar down on the grass. "Yeah. Ever since we first stargazed together, my heart beats fast whenever I'm around you, I think about you every day and night, it's like you are the only thing on my mind at times..." Jessica trailed off. Not knowing what to say next right away, but twilight took the break to ask a question.

"Why didn't you say anything before now?"

Jessica had the answer right away. "Because I was scared of how you'd react. I mean, I knew you wouldn't react to the fact that I fell for a girl because you know which way I swing, but I was scared of what you'd say to the prospect of dating an alien. You never did mention that you were open to an interspecies relationship, and I didn't want that to ruin our friendship. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you entirely, and..." Jessica trailed off as she came to a massive, crushing realization. "...And she fed on that fear and it gave her enough power to do what she did tonight darn it!" Jessica buried her head in her arms as she felt herself on the brink of breaking down again. "I'm an idiot! I am such an idiot for not realizing what I was giving her. How could I have been so stupid!"

Twilight shook her head. "Jessica, you aren't an idiot, and you're not stupid—"

Jessica interrupted her. "I am Twilight! I'm an idiot for not realizing what I was giving Nightmare Moon, and I'm also an idiot for thinking I ever had a chance with you while She was around. What was I thinking? After everything that's happened tonight, now I'm confessing to you? Hoping that for some bizarre reason you'll reciprocate. Who am I kidding. Any chance I may have had died before I even knew I may've had one This is stupid, I'm stupid, I'm sorry for—" Jessica was cut off by a hoof pressed again her lips. Confused, she looked at the mare next to her, and saw a smile slowly creep its way onto her face.

"Please. Don't call the girl I've fallen head over hooves for stupid." Before Jessica could even process what twilight just said, her eyes went as wide as saucers as she felt a soft pair a lips connect with hers. Her mind raced as she realized that twilight sparkle was kissing her! She was actually kissing her! And she hadn't pulled away yet.

'Fallen head over hooves for? She, likes me? she, likes me. She actually likes me!'

"Well duh, it was so obvious I saw it whether I wanted to or not."

NM's voice fell on death ears as Jessica ignored her and finally let her eyes droop closed and let herself lean forward slightly, deepening the kiss and earning a happy moan from twilight.

'If this is a dream you had better stay away from it you demon!'

From twilight's perspective, hearing Jessica basically blame herself for something she ultimately had no control over was like a dagger cutting into her heart, and that cut was only made deeper by Jessica saying that she didn't deserve a chance with her. By that point, twilight knew that at the moment, words alone weren't gonna help Jessica as much as actions would. So twilight, her heart in the driver's seat, opted for the most direct approach, and leaned forward to connect her lips with Jessica's. Twilight immediately felt Jessica hesitate when their lips made contact, but after 2 seconds, twilight felt her deepen the kiss. It was amazing. She was kissing Jessica, and Jessica had reciprocated. Time seemed to stop, both hearts could be heard pounding in their chests, and both twilight and Jessica could feel the warmth building up in each other's cheeks.

They stayed like that for as long as they could, neither of them wanting the moment to end, but alas, end it did with the need for air. Both girls reluctantly pulled away and took in a deep breath. Jessica stared at twilight, still not entirely believing what just happened. "D-Does this, mean you—"

"Yes Jessica. At first I didn’t know what I was feeling since that night we stargazed together, but after talking with Rarity, I came to realize that that feeling was love. And after thinking about it. How could I not fall in love with you? You’re Kind, caring, confident, a fantastic singer, you’re everything I could ever want in a partner. Nightmare Moon can go burn in Tartarus if she thinks I won’t give you, give us, a chance. That is, if you’ll have me." Jessica, after taking a second to process what she had just heard, slowly started smiling. After what Twilight said had registered, particularly that last part, Jessica lunged forward and wrapped her arms around twilight, holding her tight, and with a few tears of joy escaping her eyes.

"Thank you twilight. I was so afraid you’d reject me.”

Twilight chuckled as she returned the hug. "I'm just happy it's not just me. And Nightmare Moon can actually burn in Tartarus if she thinks she can come between us.”

A very short distance from the new couple, NM reappeared and scoffed at them. “See you little brat? Was that really so hard?”

Jessica said nothing as she lifted her GL ring and captured NM in its Zero Point energy. She proceeded to lift NM into the air, and with a burst of energy from the ring, NM was sent flying into the sky. Twilight turned around just in time to see NM disappear into the night sky. “Jessica, I wanted to do that!”

Jessica chuckled. “I’ll let you do it next time.”

NM growled. “You better enjoy yourselves tonight, because I will make this little relationship of yours a living nightmare!”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Can it Nightmare Moron. Not even you can ruin this moment now.”

Twilight smiled as Jessica chuckled. “Some night it’s been huh.”

Twilight nodded. “Definitely not how I imagined this date going, but it worked out in the end for us didn’t it.”

Jessica smiled and wrapped her arms around twilight. “You bet Twi.” She planted a kiss on twilight’s cheek, earning purr from twilight.

Twilight wrapped her wings around Jessica and snuggled into the embrace. “There’s still one thing I need to ask.”

Jessica arched an eyebrow. “What’s that twilight?”

“Jessica, will you be my special somepony?”

Jessica chuckled as she lifted twilight’s head and connected their lips. After what seemed like hours, but only a few seconds, they pulled apart again. “Yes, yes I will twilight.” Twilight grinned and leaned forward to reconnect their lips in their third kiss. Both girls smiled. They knew the future was uncertain. Questions would be asked, battles with Nightmare Moon would be waged, but at this moment, none of that mattered. Right now, there was them, and they both knew that what they had was something to fight for.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

I tried to get this out on Halloween, I really did. But life kept getting in the way. That and that last seen with the confessions underwent several revisions and other junk that helped delay it. But it’s out now. Everything is out in the open. And now some questions for y’all.

Are you enjoying this so far?

Do you think I should include an epilogue type part to end this off with the reactions of the rest of the gang plus the CMC and the sparkle family?

Does anyone know how I can get it so the link to the videos I put in the story actually shows the video without having to leave the page? Speaking of the video, all rights to their respective owners as per usual.

And finally, what do you guys want to see next in the series? Again, no idea is too crazy for the era this is set in.

PreviousChapters Next