• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 21: It’s a Pony Kind of Christmas: pt 3

Rainbow Dash looked around in the clouds above Canterlot, trying to find her shy, and absolutely terrified marefriend. "Fluttershy! Fluttershy come on. It's not as bad as you think." She continued to look around, wondering how Fluttershy got away from her in the first place. 'Man, when that mare wants to she can really fly.' She passed a cloud and heard a faint whimpering coming from it. "Fluttershy." Rainbow zipped to the whimpering and found Fluttershy lying on the cloud, with her head in her forelegs and obviously crying her heart out. Rainbow landed on the cloud and walked closer to her crying friend. "Fluttershy. Please, don't cry. It's not as bad as you think."

Fluttershy lifted her head up and immediately turned to face Rainbow. "Not as bad as I think?! Dashie, I snapped at a PRINCESS OF EQUESTRIA! I yelled at her, told her off, and completely overstepped my boundaries! Not the mention that I called her stupid to her face! She deserves a lot more respect than that! No matter what she might have done!"

Rainbow crouched down and wrapped a wing around Fluttershy. "Fluttershy, you were defending your friend. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Except now Luna's going to pull me out of Starfleet Academy, banish me from Equestria, and lock me in the dungeon of wherever she banishes me to. This is the end for me dashie! I'm a goner! Oh why did I do that?!"

Rainbow shook her head. "Flutters, none of that is going to happen."

Fluttershy continued to cry as she suddenly reached forward and captured Rainbow in a gentle embrace. "I shouldn't have snapped like that. I should've just kept my muzzle shut!"

Rainbow shook her head. "On the contrary Fluttershy. You told Luna EXACTLY what she needed to hear. She can't just go around judging people before she even talks to them. Even if she's in panic."

"S-She still doesn't deserve to be snapped at. That was wrong on so many levels."

Rainbow nodded. "Ok maybe you did go a little over the top, but still, that was really brave and awesome of you. You definitely surprised everyone."

Fluttershy's sobbing softened to a heavy whimpering by then. "B-But now because of it I'm going to be sent to prison."

Rainbow shook her head. "Don't count on it 'Shy, both Celestia and Luna know why you did it and that what you said was what Luna needed to hear. I'm sure all you have to do is apologize and you'll be fine."

Fluttershy sniffled a little. "You really think so?"

Rainbow smiled and leaned forward to give fluttershy a good kiss on the lips. "I know so. Now. Come on. I'd like to see you and the princess put this behind you sooner rather than later."

Fluttershy nodded. "Ok, but, will you stay with me through it dashie?"

Rainbow nodded without hesitation. "Of course." Rainbow and Fluttershy gave each other a quick nod before flapping their wings and heading back to the castle.

Back at the castle, the doors to Celestia's study were pushed open with Celestia's magic as she led the group inside. Luna and Jessica discussing Luna's night magic. "So you have the power to manipulate a nightmare into a dream?"

Luna nodded. "That is correct. My duties include watching over all life on Equuis whilst in the dream realm. That includes turning nightmares into dreams if necessary."

Jessica arched an eyebrow. "Surely you aren't able to be there every single time. What if the individual has a recurring nightmare that just won't stop?"

Luna answered without hesitation. "I often try to encourage those who have recurring nightmares to face whatever is causing the nightmare. Because in those cases only they can truly end their suffering. Though you do not have that luxury do you."

Jessica chuckled. "I suppose I don't if the thing causing my nightmares lately doesn't need a reason to make them."

NM chuckled. "I do have a reason. Because it is fun making you suffer after everything you put me through. ESPECIALLY that insufferable Brightshine Shimmer charade!"

Luna arched an eyebrow. "What charade is she referring to?"

Pretty much everyone started chuckling. Sunset answered Luna. "Just the disguise we force her into whenever we go beyond Starfleet Academy. And the cover story to match..."

Starlight finished Sunset's sentence. "...is her being mine and Sunset's daughter. Jessica, show her the photo."

Jessica nodded and pulled out her phone. "You'll get a kick out of this your majesty. This cutie pie arose when we needed to disguise her so she won't cut in to mine and Twilight's first date." She called up the picture and held the phone out for Luna to see. "Meet Brightshine Shimmer. AKA, Nightmare Moon's polar opposite."

Luna took a long look at the photo on the screen, before slowly chuckling, that chuckling slowly turning into full blown laughter. "Aw, she really is a cutie pie like that. Who came up with Brightshine Shimmer anyway?"

Sunset and Starlight raised their hooves. "We did."

"It was honestly just the first thing that popped into my mind when trying to come up with a name for her disguise. But boy oh boy does it fit her."

Luna nodded in agreement. "Indeed it does. Are you going with that disguise during the Yule Ball?"

Twilight shook her head. "Nope. No need anymore."

Celestia nodded. "Because Nightmare Moon is about to lose the ability to project herself beyond Jessica's mind. Inhibiting her ability to generate fear for herself."

NM suddenly appeared out of nowhere and eyed Celestia. "What are you talking about? You cannot stop me from appearing to scare people."

Celestia lit her horn and captured NM in her magic. "Want a bet. All we need is something to cast the spell on. Twilight?"

Twilight nodded and opened her saddlebag. Taking out a small wrapped package from it. She floated the package over to Jessica with a smile. "Here Jessica. An early Hearth's Warming gift from me to you."

Jessica took the box out of the air, but looked at Twilight with confusion. "Twilight, I thought we agreed—"

Twilight nodded. "I know, and we're still doing that, There's still something for you to open on Hearth's Warming. This is just a little something that I would love for you to open now. Please?"

Deciding that it was better to just do what twilight wanted rather than make a big scene, Jessica undid the bow tie that secured the lid to the box. Once the ribbon gave way, she opened the box and what she saw inside absolutely shocked her. "Twilight, this is..." Inside was the Starfleet delta, with J+T inside a heart etched in the middle. The delta was surrounded by five points, arranged in a way that made it obvious there was supposed to be a sixth point that was being covered by the delta. All attached to a silver chain long enough that it had to be a necklace. Beautiful couldn't even begin to describe the charm, but it was the best word Jessica could come up with until her brain could more accurately describe the piece of art in her hand. "...Twilight, this is beautiful. where did you get this?"

Twilight smiled. "Celestia sent me a letter last week explaining that any containment spell would require an anchor to work off of, I said as much to Rarity when we were talking and she suggested the anchor be something special."

Rarity nodded. "I told her that you'd appreciate it more if it was something that was supposed to mean so much more than just an anchor for some old containment spell."

Twilight continued. "So with some help from Rarity, and a replicator, I designed this necklace to be a symbol of the love that we share. Had you been a pony your cutie mark would've been incorporated, but as you don't have one, I decided that the starfleet delta would represent you because I've been told that the Cosmos had a long history of serving Starfleet. Do you, do you like it?"

Like it? Jessica loved it, craftsmanship was spot on. The delta and the star worked surprisingly well together, it was the most beautiful necklace Jessica had ever seen. "I love it Twi. This is the best gift I've ever received." Jessica pulled twilight into a gentle embrace, and pecked her girlfriend's cheek with her lips.

NM scoffed. "Pfffft. You call that a gift? It is just a worthless piece of metal dangling from your neck."

Jessica and Twilight parted from the embrace and Jessica glared at NM. "Shows how much you know. You're too busy plotting and scheming to see that it's the thought that counts. Not the object."

NM rolled her eyes again. "I still fail to see the usefulness of a necklace."

Twilight smirked. "Oh yeah? Then how about we show you. Princess Celestia?"

Celestia nodded and levitated a book off the shelf with her magic, while keeping NM trapped. "Jessica. If you would please place the necklace on the table, in the middle, and use your Zero Point Energy ring to take possession of Nightmare Moon. We shall get started."

Jessica nodded and carefully removed the necklace from the box and gently placed it in the middle of the sole table in the room. She then took a few steps back and promptly slipped on her GL ring. Aiming it at NM, she fired and captured NM in Zero Point Energy. She smiled towards Celestia. "If you'd like your majesty, I can send her flying into space immediately."

Much to her surprise, as well as the surprise of everyone there, Celestia shook her head. "That will not be necessary. Now..." Celestia stopped at a page and with a quick flash of her horn, made copies of the page and floated them over to all the horned ponies. "...Luna, Twilight, Cadance, Shining, Sunset, Starlight, Rarity. The way this containment spell works is that it grows in power as the number of casters increases. With Nightmare Moon growing more powerful as she feeds on more fear, I fear that we will need as powerful a containment spell as we can cast."

Rarity smiled. "Say no more your majesty. I admit that my magical abilities are far below that of my friends. But if I can do anything at all to assist in Nightmare Moon's defeat, than you can count on me putting everything I have into this spell."

The other horned ponies voiced their agreement. NM rolled her eyes. "No matter how powerful the spell is I will overcome it. Everything wavers with time."

Jessica chuckled. "Then I guess we'll still be seeing Brightshine Shimmer now will we? Because that's exactly what will happen if this isn't enough, and that's a gigantic if. From what I've been told anyway."

NM growled as the horned ponies gathered around the table. All of them putting their copy of the spell down And giving Celestia the nod that they were ready. Celestia smiled. "Alright everypony. Concentrate on the containment spell, and direct it at the necklace." The eight horned ponies nodded as they all lit their horns. The others watched in awe.

Applejack tilted her head. "Anypony else curious on what's gonna happen if something goes wrong?"

Pinkie arched an eyebrow at Applejack. "Wrong? Nothing's gonna go wrong silly. Those ponies are the best magic users I know."

NM scoffed. "If I was not encased in this infernal contraption I would ensure that it would go wrong."

Jessica chuckled. "Well now all you can do is sit back and watch."

At that moment, the doors opened and Rainbow and Fluttershy walked in. "Hey everypony, we're ba—woah. What's going on here?"

Rather than answer Rainbow, everyone watched as eight beams of magic shot towards the necklace and collided with it. Eliciting a bright light that made everyone shield their eyes.the bright light lasted for a few seconds before dissipating. The eight spell casters' horns dimmed as the spell supposedly finished. Everyone directed their attention to the necklace, and for all intents and purposes, nothing happened.

NM groaned. "Well that was underwhelming."

Celestia rolled her eyes. "It will not do anything until it touches that which contains an evil spirit."

Twilight nodded as she carefully lifted the necklace with her magic and turned to Jessica. "May I?"

Jessica nodded and twilight took the ends of the necklace and wrapped the chain around Jessica's neck, eliciting a soft giggle from Jessica when Twilight's magic touched her in that sensitive area. Twilight snapped the ends together and let go of the necklace, letting it hang from Jessica's neck. Almost immediately, the charm began to glow. Without warning, the charm shot a beam directly at Nightmare Moon's construct, seemingly disintegrating it. The beams, both the Zero Point energetic and the magic beam, retracted as the glow from the charm dissipated.

Everypony was silent, not sure what was coming. Finally, Rara said something. "Did it work?"

After a moment, Jessica nodded, smiling. "Nightmare Moon is not happy about this and is trying to deafen us with her Royal Canterlot Voice. Anyone hearing anything?"

Everypony shook their heads. Shining smiled. "That means it worked."

Rainbow arched an eyebrow. "What worked?"

Everyone turned and only just then noticed Fluttershy and Rainbow had joined them in the study."

Spike smiled. "Rainbow, Fluttershy. You're back."

"Are you alright darling?" Rarity asked Fluttershy, worried about the canary Pegasus after her little episode.

Fluttershy answered. "I'm fine Rarity." She turned her attention to Luna. "Your majesty?" Fluttershy walked over to the night princess and bowed respectfully. "Please forgive me for my outburst earlier. It was wrong of me and you did not deserve it. I am sorry."

Luna stared down at Fluttershy for a moment, everyone else watching. Finally, Luna spoke. "You are forgiven Fluttershy. In truth, I should be thanking you for forcing me to see reason. Your loyalty to your friends is commendable."

Fluttershy smiled and stood back up. "Thank you your majesty."

Luna nodded as she gestured towards Jessica. "As for Rainbow Dash's question, Nightmare Moon is now trapped within Jessica's mind. Unable to project herself beyond it."

Rainbow smiled. "That's good. What's the anchor? Because didn't you say Twilight that a containment spell needs an anchor?"

Twilight nodded. "That's correct. And the anchor is the necklace that's around Jessica's neck right now."

Rainbow and Fluttershy zeroed in on the necklace Jessica was wearing and Fluttershy smiled in awe of it. "Aww! It's beautiful. Where did you get it Jessica?"

Jessica smiled and wrapped an arm around Twilight. "The best marefriend in the galaxy gave it to me as an early Hearths Warming gift." Jessica capped that off with a kiss on Twilight's cheek.

Twilight giggled. "Yes. Sure we probably could've cast the spell on any old piece of wearable jewelry. But I figured why not add insult to injury on NM's part by making the anchor a symbol of the love that Jessica and I share."

Rarity nodded. "And might I say that that necklace looks absolutely divine on you Jessica. All of its elements just work so well together. Even the gold and lavender."

Jessica chuckled. "Thanks Rarity."

Rarity nodded. "And once that necklace is paired with the dress I've made for you for the Yule Ball, you are going to be the pinnacle of beauty!"

Everyone couldn't help but chuckle at Rarity's claim, it was no secret that Rarity had been designing and making dresses for everypony in preparation for the Yule Ball, as she had finally informed them when they were en route to Equuis, and had done fittings for all of them on the way.

Everyone was still chuckling when Jessica's phone went off. Almost immediately, the chuckling stopped as Luna, being the only one left who hadn't heard what a cellphone was, looked around to find the source of the noise. "Pray tell, where is that...ringing sound coming from?"

Jessica answered as she pulled out her phone. "That's just my cellphone your majesty. It's a device capable of long range communication between two or more people. And by the looks of it..." Jessica glanced at the screen and saw that the contact was Luke. "...yeah. My brother Luke is calling. Probably to make sure I'm still alive. Anypony mind if I step out for a moment?"

Celestia shook her head. "Not at all, go on ahead and let your brother know that you are indeed alive."

Jessica nodded and swiftly exited the study. When the door closed. Cadance turned her head to Twilight. "So, Twily, are you and Jessica ready for the Alicorn Winter Waltz?"

Twilight's irises shrank as she remembered what the Yule Ball meant she and Jessica would have to do. "Horseapples."

Just outside the door of the study, Jessica presses the accept button and held the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

Almost immediately, the sound of several voices blasted through, causing Jessica to pulled the phone away from her ear to keep it from going deaf. She pushed the phone back on her ear. "Ok. Ok. OK! Everybody cork it! One at a time please!"

It was a few seconds, but the chatter eventually died down to nothing and Jessica heard her brother. "Jessica. Is that really you?"

Jessica nodded. "Yeah it's me. Good news, I still alive."

She heard a collective sigh of relief, and started hearing several voices taking turns talking.

"Oh thank god Jessica."

"We were all so worried about you."

"Luke, the chipmunks and your parents all told us all about that demon last night, and that you were walking right up to a princess who despised said demon."

"Do you have any idea how terrified we were that you wouldn't make it?"

Jessica shook her head and rolled her eyes. 'At least they got the fear out of their systems before NM got within range of them, that wouldn't have been good.' Jessica smiled. "Well, you guys don't have to worry anymore, I'm still alive, I am on good terms with everyone who could kill me, and the demon is now well under control."

Another collective sigh. "That's good. You had us all worried sick Jessica."

Jessica sighed. "Well blame the demon. Which, by the way, will no longer pose a threat with her appearing acts. She has been contained within my mind and will only be able to feed off my fear from now on, which there will be a significant lack of compared to what she usually feeds off of."

"Good. It's about time that demon was restrained."

"Yeah. Anywho, we're so glad you're ok Jessica."

"We didn't interrupt anything important did we?"

Jessica chuckled. "If you had I wouldn't have answered."

At that moment, she heard a voice which she definitely didn't recognize personally, but recognized as high class. "Ahem." Jessica took a glance and saw a nicely dressed stallion standing in front of her, and frowning.

Jessica returned to her phone to wrap up. "I have to go, I'll call you later." Jessica pressed the end button and pocketed her phone. Turning to the stallion. "Hello there sir—"

The stallion scoffed. "Pfft, I am not a sir, I am Prince Blueblood, nephew to her royal highness princess Celestia and her royal highness princess Luna. I have an urgent matter to discuss with Princess Protege Twilight Sparkle and I have been told that she is in my Auntie's study. Step aside so I may enter you ruffian."

Jessica, while slightly offended by being called a ruffian, nodded, and gave a respectful bow. "Of course Prince Blueblood." Jessica took a few steps to the side. "And might I say that it's an honor to make your acquaintance."

Blueblood smirked. "I am sure. I however do not associate with common riffraff like yourself, so why don't you scurry along back to whatever backwater planet you came from." With that, Blueblood trotted forward and entered the study.

Once the door closed, Jessica raised an eyebrow. "Ok. So far first impressions today are going, not great."

Jessica heard chuckling from behind. She turned around to see an orange stallion clad in gold armor snickering. The stallion turned his head and smiled at her. "Don't mind him. He's just a snobby jerk. Thinks everyone is beneath him."

Jessica nodded and crossed her arms. "Yeah he did seem like that kind of pony when Twilight was talking about him."

The stallion chuckled. "You are much better off just ignoring him. I'm Flash by the way, Flash Sentry."

Jessica nodded. "Jessica Cosmos." Flash and Jessica shook hand and hoof.

Flash smiled. "The one who Discord's been raving about since he got back from Earth. It's nice to finally meet you. You've certainly been quite the buzz around here."

Jessica arched an eyebrow. "Have I?"

Flash nodded. "First interspecies relationships involving ponies tend to be big news around here. I believe that it's mostly been contained within the castle though so don't worry."

Jessica smiled. "That's good, I think. Does Blueblood know about it?"

Flash chuckled. "Celestia no. He has no clue. Which is why he's probably getting shot down by Twilight right now."

In the study, everyone had seen Blueblood enter. "Ahem. Excuse the interruption your majesties. But there is an urgent matter that I must discuss with Twilight Sparkle sooner rather than later."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Ugh. What do you want Blueblood? We're kinda busy here."

Blueblood smiled. "This will be but a moment. Twilight. It is good to have you back on world."

Twilight smiled warily, imagining where this was going. "I'm sure it is."

Blueblood nodded. "And just in time for the Yule Ball as well. Which I am looking forward to attending with you as always."

Twilight and just about everyone wanted to laugh, but couldn't. Twilight smirked and shook her head. "Sorry Blueblood. This time I'm taking a different date to the Yule Ball, and it's one who's more my type."

Not getting the hint. Blueblood chuckled. "Oh Twilight, jesting as always."

Twilight shook her head. "Nope, not a joke, I actually have a date that I asked, and is not going with me just to boost his own status with anypony who cares."

Blueblood's smile wavered. "Hm. Well, whoever this pony is must be special in some way, perhaps I could meet with him."

Twilight snickered. "SHE, is standing right outside the door to this study so you've already met her, and she's not a pony at all." Twilight walked past Blueblood to the door, opening it just enough for her head to pop through. "Jessica. Could you—" she caught Jessica talking to Flash, normally and seemingly happily. She smiled, taking a few seconds to be proud of Jessica for already making friends with more Equine without her help, or NM messing it up. She pulled herself back to reality. "Am I interrupting anything?"

Flash and Jessica stopped stalking and turned their heads to see Twilight standing there. Flash shook his head. "Nothing at all Twilight. Jessica and I were just talking. I can definitely see why you like her twilight."

Twilight smiled. "I'm glad my girl's made one new Equine friend outside my family that didn't try to kill her first. Sorry to cut this conversation short, but someone wants to meet her so Jessica, could you come back in here please?"

Jessica nodded and smirked. "Sure. I'd love to meet whoever JUST walked past us and exchanged a few words with me." She winked. Causing Flash and Twilight chuckle. Jessica nodded towards Flash. "It was nice to meet you Flash Sentry."

Flash nodded. "It was nice to meet you too Jessica. Take care. And good luck with Blueblood in there."

Jessica giggled. "Thanks." Jessica proceeded to pull back the door and reenter the Study.

Once they were both inside. Twilight shot a smirk at Blueblood and began speaking proudly. "Prince Blueblood. Meet Jessica Cosmos. My date to the Yule Ball, and my girlfriend."

Upon hearing the word girlfriend, Blueblood frowned. "Surely you are jesting Twilight. Surely this, ruffian, cannot be your suitor."

Twilight nodded. "I'm not, she can, and she is."

Blueblood turned his head to his aunts. "Auntie Celestia, Auntie Luna, surely this is a joke. Twilight surely is not serious."

Celestia and Luna shook their heads. "Twilight is not jesting my nephew. Jessica is indeed Twilight's significant other."

"And will be accompanying her to the Yule Ball tomorrow night."

Blueblood was stammering by this point, not believing what he was hearing. "B-But aunties, this is wrong. Twilight cannot be with this, common riffraff from some backwater world. she is unworthy to court an Alicorn."

Celestia sighed. Of course Blueblood would be against Jessica and Twilight being together. "Blueblood. If Twilight wishes to be with an offworlder, who is from a planet that is anything BUT backwater, I shall not stand in the way of love."

Luna nodded. "Neither will I. So if I were you Blueblood, I would search for another date before tomorrow night."

Still not backing down, Blueblood decided to bring up something in the very near future. "Does this ruffian even know the Alicorn Winter Waltz? If she is accompanying Twilight to the Yule Ball tomorrow she will have to dance with her."

Jessica was about to ask what the Alicorn Winter Waltz was, but Twilight gave her a look that said 'I'll explain later' and Celestia answered Blueblood. "I am confident that Twilight and Discord will be able to teach her in time for the Ball."

Twilight nodded. "Yeah. So you can forget it Blueblood. I'm done being just a tool for your personal gain."

Blueblood's eye twitched, he was going to say something, but the look everypony around him was giving deterred him from doing so, so instead. He huffed. "You know what? Fine. Like I want to be with a homosexual freak anyway." Blueblood walked to the door, as he was about to exit, he turned and gave Jessica a death glare. "I do not know what Twilight sees in you, but know that you are not worthy of somepony of her status and you will never be you ruffian offworlder." With that, Blueblood stormed out the door.

After a few seconds of silence. Celestia sighed. "I apologize for that Jessica. Blueblood has been against the idea of Equuis joining the Federation and I am afraid that Twilight choosing you over him has made it worse."

Jessica shook her head. "It's alright your majesty. Twilight warned me to keep a low profile around him."

Cadance chuckled. "Yeah. Probably because you'd get a lot of flak from him for stealing his favorite flirtation target."

Everyone chuckled while Twilight huffed. "Hmph. Please, he only flirts with me because of my status as an Alicorn. At least now I have a legitimate reason to shoot him down."

Cadance smiled. "Yeah. But that's not all, now we'll finally get to see a fully legitimate smile tomorrow when you and Jessica are out there performing the Alicorn Winter Waltz with us."

While everypony nodded their agreement, Twilight tensed up as Jessica lifted an eyebrow. "The Alicorn Winter Waltz? What's that?"

Twilight chuckled nervously. "Oh, nothing too too important, just... atraditionalYuleBalldanceroutinethatsbeenaroundforthousandsofyears."

Jessica, barely catching any of that fast talk, glared at Twilight with her arms crossed, sensing a bombshell coming. "Twilight. Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

Twilight sighed. “Let’s wall and talk, I told my parents we’d be there soon.”

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Maybe I should just stop worrying about word limits and making it too long. So that I don’t stress out about the word count juxtaposed to other chapters.

Anywho, pt 3 is out! Let me know what you think!!!😊😊😊

PreviousChapters Next