• Published 7th Jul 2019
  • 1,180 Views, 95 Comments

Star Trek: Equestria: Starfleet Academy Season 1 - Captain_Cosmos



MLP and Star Trek come together with a dash of romance and a giant cup of inspiration from Star Trek Online

  • ...
 95
 1,180

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 18: Meet The Parents...and Six Ticked off Animals

Rainbow and Fluttershy were flying in the sky above the Academy, enjoying a nice Saturday flight together. Fluttershy closed her eyes and sighed in content. "This is nice. Isn't this wonderful Dashie?"

Rainbow blushed at Fluttershy's nickname for her, but nodded all the same. "Yeah, it is actually, for once I don't have the burning desire to just take off at Sonic Rainboom speed."

Fluttershy let out a dramatic gasp. "What's this? Rainbow Danger Dash admitting that flying under a hundred miles per hour isn't lame? What is this madness?"

Rainbow chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Only for you Flutters. But all the same, it's nice to just slow down and enjoy flying."

Fluttershy nodded. "It is. Especially on a day like today. The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky..." Fluttershy causally looked down and immediately saw their friends with Princess Celestia. "...our friends are enjoying the day with princess Celestia. It really is a perfect day."

Rainbow nodded. "You betcha 'shy—WHAT?!" Rainbow's eyes widened and she looked down and indeed saw their friends with princess Celestia. "Princess Celestia is here?! When did she get here?!"

Fluttershy shrugged. "I'm not sure."

Rainbow immediately picked up on Fluttershy's attitude that was still dreamy. Rainbow nudged her. "Fluttershy, PRINCESS CELESTIA is here!"

Fluttershy's eyes went wide as reality hit her. "Oh my, we should go down there and say hello."

Rainbow nodded. "And also make sure Jessica's still alive! Remember? Nightmare Moon?"

Fluttershy's eyes widened even further as she remembered what was going on. "Oh dear! I hope Jessica'a ok."

Rainbow wasted no time as she and Fluttershy started their descent. She tapped her combadge to page Twilight. "Twilight! Is Jessica alright? Fluttershy and I just saw Celestia. Does she know about the demon?"

A few seconds passed in silence, before a voice came through the badge. "We already talked to her Rainbow. The princess and I are on good terms, after she got enough of her desire for vengeance out of her system to act rationally."

Rainbow and Fluttershy sighed in relief that their human friend was ok. "Phew. Thank Elysium you're alright Jessica."

"When we saw the princess we feared the worst."

They heard Twilight chuckle through the badge. "You guys didn't think I'd be able to hold out against Celestia?"

Rainbow chuckled nervously. "Well, I mean, she is at least a thousand years older. I'm sure she's more well versed in magic than you Twi."

Fluttershy nodded. "But we didn't panic too much of course. We knew you'd at least try to hold out. We know you're very powerful twilight."

Twilight chuckled. "Well, don't worry guys. Celestia and Jessica buried the hatchet as they say here. We're good."

Rainbow nodded. "Great. Sorry to bother you, but we just wanted to make sure we didn't lose a friend."

They heard Jessica reply. "Thanks for the concern. But don't worry. Celestia and I are good. And now we only have Luna to worry about."

Rainbow and Fluttershy giggled. "Well, we can cross that bridge when we get to it. Anywho, we'll let you get back to what you were doing, your parents are here right Jessica?"

"And Twilight's parents."

Fluttershy nodded. "Then don't let us keep you any longer. I'm sure you guys are having a good time."

Rainbow nodded. "We'll talk to ya later. Till then, glad you're not dead." The connection was cut just as Rainbow and Fluttershy landed. "We sure dodged a bullet there didn't we."

Fluttershy nodded. "We did. Now let's go over and say hello to the princess." Rainbow nodded as they both bolted towards where their friends and the princess were.

Meanwhile, in the mess hall, Jessica and twilight got off the combadge with rainbow and Fluttershy just as the replicator was finished replicating the large amount of lunches that they had ordered for their families. "Ok, now only T'Nea and Ivan have no clue what nearly happened in the shuttlebay earlier."

Twilight nodded as they each grabbed a palate and started walking back to their table. "They said they were going into town to do some holiday shopping right?"

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. So we likely won't hear from them express their gladness for my safety until they meet Celestia later."

Twilight nodded as they reached the table, and heard Velvet talking. "So, Jack. You and the other chipmunks are natural born talking chipmunks that are also the adopted siblings of Jessica and Luke?"

The chipmunk named jack nodded. "That's right we are. But we can do a whole lot more than talk. Hey Luke. Drop us a beat!"

Luke nodded and began beatboxing. The chipmunks started singing after a few beats.

🎶We're the chipmunks and Chipettes and we're here to sing

And mesmerize the crowd with our stylings!

Jack and Destiny are the leads

Their duet style voices carry the team!

Brian and molly are the brains

They keep the team on time with the beat!

With Justin and Tasha at the heart

Put it all together and what have you got!

We're chipmunks

And Chipettes

And we love to sing!

We're the chipmunks

And the Chipettes

Boom!🎶

Luke beatboxed the last note and the song ended, with a round of applause from the entire table.

Spike smiled. "Wow. And here I thought earth animals couldn't sing as well as animals on Equuis, turns out I was dead wrong."

Nightlight nodded. "That was amazing you guys."

Molly chuckled and smiled. "Thanks Mr. Sparkle. We try."

Mrs. Cosmos nodded. "They really do. They practice that little performance constantly. In the event they meet someone who's never heard of them before."

Destiny nodded. "Which is a rare occurrence these days since we're kinda interstellar famous across the Federation, doing concerts every other week."

Twilight smiled. "Have you guys ever played Equuis before?"

Molly nodded. "No. Never. But we'd so like to."

Justin chuckled. "We've heard that Equuis is a wonderful planet. And that everyone on the planet is so friendly."

Velvet nodded. "That is not an overstatement. I think Equuis was rated last year as one of the most peaceful planets in the Federation. Is that right Nightlight?"

Nightlight nodded. "I believe so. I remember reading something about it in the good news section of the paper."

"Well isn't that just lovely. Too bad it'll soon be dominated by eternal night!" Everyone jumped back as they all turned to see Nightmare Moon appeared out of nowhere right in front of them.

Jessica, after getting over it, groaned. "I swear to god you are gonna drive us crazy. Because keeping track of you is a full time job."

NM chuckled. "What's the matter Jessi? Don't like the fact that you have a demon in your mind?"

Jessica gritted her teeth. "Do not call me that."

NM chuckled. "Whatever you say you brat."

Tasha lifted an eyebrow. "Jessica, is this Nightmare Moon? The Equestrian demon that's been haunting you for 2 months?"

Jessica nodded. "That's her.

The chipmunks heard this and smiled, much to the confusion of luke. "Uh, why are you guys smiling?"

Destiny chuckled as the chipmunks started slowly walking towards the demon. "Because Luke, we've been meaning to have a little chat with the demon haunting our favorite twins."

Jack nodded. "And let her know that it's not an OK thing to do."

NM chuckled. "Yeah. Like six tiny little rats are supposed to—" That was as far as NM got before the chipmunks launched themselves from the table right at her. All six growling and attacking the giant Alicorn.

The rest of the table looked on and couldn't help but laugh as they heard things like "what gave you the right to invade her mind?!" And "if you think you can do that and get away with it you have another thing coming!"

Spike calmed down enough to talk. "Man, they're vicious aren't they."

Admiral Cosmos chuckled. "Yeah. They can sing and generally get along and are friendly with everyone."

Mrs. Cosmos continued. "But you do not mess with them or anyone they call family. They turn into ferocious savages in no time flat."

Velvet and Nightlight chuckled as they glanced at the chipmunks going wild on NM. "Just be glad they don't turn into fire monsters When they get mad. We had to get rid of anything made of wood when we first found out that angry Twilight turns into a fire monster."

Twilight felt her cheeks heat up as she shrank in her seat. "Dad!"

Jessica giggled. "Is that the smoke that I saw coming out of your mane Halloween Night? You were close to turning into a fire monster?"

Twilight nodded. "You were upset at the time, and Nightmare Moon was the cause, I was already boiling inside because of Nightmare Moon's appearance, but when I got to the gardens, seeing her standing over you, I just snapped. Suffice to say, I hate seeing you upset."

Jessica was about to respond when they all heard NM screeching. "Grah! You little brats do NOT know who you are messing with. But I assure you, when I take possession of your precious sister I will make you suffer for the rest of your miserable lives for this day! Count on it!"

The disembodied voice vanished while growling as the group saw the chipmunks hop back on the table. Smiling.

"Oh that felt good."

"I've been waiting to give that demon a good beating for messing with our sister and brother."

Luke chuckled. "Oh believe me guys. I've been wanting to teach that witch a lesson to but she's only a spirit so—hold on." Luke did a double take of where the demon had been, and then back at the chipmunks. "Did you six just jump onto the demon and NOT crash down to the floor?"

Jack nodded. "Yeah?"

Luke's eyes widened. "That means NM's construct is more powerful. And in a more physical state."

Jessica's and Twilight's eyes widened as they realized what that meant. "She said she got a meal earlier...oh no."

"She just grew in power."

They all heard NM laughing. "Took you long enough to figure it out. We may have almost died today, but in doing so, I was provided an excellent meal, to make up for the last few weeks of BARELY getting anything."

The laughing dissipated as the table was all left at a loss for words. Finally, someone spoke. "That can't be good."

Spike shook his head. "No it isn't. The more powerful she grows, the less time we have until she can REALLY do some damage."

Jessica nodded, turning to Admiral Cosmos. "Right. That reminds me. Dad, did you talk to Starfleet about our request?"

Admiral Cosmos nodded. "About getting a Mind Alterer. I did, and they'll see what they can do. Though to be honest Jessica, I'm not sure playing with a mind erasing device is very safe."

Jessica sighed. "Well, for now it's the best option we have."

Admiral Cosmos lifted an eyebrow. "From what I know of Equuis history, more specifically Equestrian, aren't there also six magical gemstones that were proven effective against the demon?"

Twilight nodded. "Those would be the Elements of Harmony sir. And while they would most certainly be effective again, maybe more so because NM is no longer connected to an Equine's inner magic, in order for it to work, we would need to aim them directly at Jessica. And they have NEVER been used against a genuine human before."

Justin lifted an eyebrow. "That shouldn't be a problem, should it?"

Twilight sighed. "Unfortunately we do not yet know enough about the Elements of Harmony to guess how they could affect Jessica. They could scramble her brain, alter her physiology, or Celestia forbid, maybe even vaporize her completely."

Everyone at the table gasped when twilight suggested vaporization. Twilight continued. "So at the moment, defaulting to using the Elements of Harmony is too risky, unless Celestia says otherwise. I'll have to ask her about it."

Admiral Cosmos, after thinking about it for a moment, sighed. "Alright. You know more about this demon business than I do so I'll trust you two on this."

Mrs. Cosmos nodded. "Just do is a favor and please be careful Jessica."

Jessica nodded. "We will mom."

Velvet and Nightlight nodded as they turned to Twilight and Spike. "That goes for you two too."

"We don't want to get a letter from anyone saying someone's mind was wiped on accident. Got it?"

Spike and Twilight nodded. "Loud and clear guys."

"We'll be as careful as we can be."

Both sets of parents and Luke and the chipmunks smiled at their favorite lovebirds' assurances, knowing that they meant it.

Brian then focused on twilight. "So Twilight. Jessica says that you are quite the scholar. Tell me, what do you typically study?"

Twilight smiled. "Lots of stuff. Magic, physics, astronomy, Pinkie Pie, the Alternate Dimension..."

Molly lifted an eyebrow. "Pinkie Pie? You mean your friend? Why do you study her?"

Twilight chuckled. "Because, well, you'll see when you meet her, but let's just say that Pinkie Pie and the laws of physics almost never agree with each other."

Brian and Molly's jaws nearly dropped. "Don't agree with each other?"

"How so?"

While Jessica watched as her two brainiac siblings talked to Twilight about their pink friend, she chuckled to herself. 'Oh you poor poor souls, Pinkie Pie's antics will fry your brains if you think about it too hard.'

Several hours later, T'Nea and Ivan had returned to the Academy and were walking through the quad, having just dropped off the results of their shopping day in their dorms. T'Nea smiled at Ivan. "Thanks again for going into town with me today Ivan, it's a lot more fun when you go holiday shopping with your friends."

Ivan nodded. "That was a logical idea you had T'Nea, get our shopping done before the holiday rush next week. Why did I not think of it?"

T'Nea chuckled. "Because Vulcans usually don't think ahead when it comes to showing how much you care about someone." T'Nea and Ivan suddenly heard high-pitched singing coming from up ahead, T'Nea listened, and lifted an eyebrow. “Ivan do you hear that?”

Ivan nodded. “It sounds like high pitched singing?”

“High pitched singing, what could—Wait a minute. Ivan didn’t Jessica say that her immediate family was coming? Her parents and her 6 adopted chipmunk siblings?”

Ivan nodded. “I would guess that that would be the chipmunks singing.”

T’Nea smiled. “Come on, let’s go over and say hi.” Ivan nodded as he and T’Nea followed the singing, and music.

Over to the source of the racket, Jessica strummed the last note on her guitar and Luke banged the last more out of the drum as the song the chipmunks sang came to an end, and was met with applause, cheering, and whistling coming from the audience, their friends, parents, and the Sparkles and Celestia.

Fluttershy smiled. “Wow! That was simply amazing! I always wondered what talking to alien animals would be like. And now I’ve met six adorable little chipmunks that can talk and sing and dance. I must be in Elysium!”

Rara chuckled and nodded. “I’ll have to go with ‘Shy on this one. You six have have some killer talent. I bet you attract a large crowd.”

Jack and destiny nodded. “Full house nearly every time.”

“Especially on planets that love to party.”

Pinkie began bouncing in excitement. “We should’ve had you come play the Halloween Dance. You guys would’ve been a hit!”

Brian chuckled. “We probably would’ve.”

Molly shook her head. “But if we played the Dance, then Jessica wouldn’t have gotten a chance to serenade Twilight.”

Tasha nodded. “Oh yeah! That’s right. Jessica did serenade twilight.” Tasha turned to Jessica. “Jessica can you sing the song you used to serenade Twilight now? We’d love to hear it!”

Mr. and Mrs. sparkle nodded. “Yeah. I wouldn’t mind hearing it.”

Celestia nodded. “I am intrigued as to what exactly serenaded my most faithful student.”

Jessica chuckled. She could see the everyone and everypony wanted to hear the song whether they already did or not. She took particular note of the sparkle in Twilight’s eyes that she got whenever the song was brought up. Jessica smiled. “Well, I guess I could. But as most everyone here will know, the song reaches its full potential when played by a full band. And we’re missing two people that know how to play it.”

“You are talking about us correct?” Everyone turned to see T’Nea and Ivan turn the corner into the hub of the Botanical Gardens.

T’Nea chuckled. “Now that’s just rude. Ivan and I go out shopping and we come back to find you guys jamming out with your chipmunk brothers and sisters? I thought we agreed you wouldn’t do that without us!”

Luke chuckled. “Sorry guys. We were outvoted by pretty much everyone here. And even Princess Celestia over there voice her desire to hear us play so we kinda had to.”

T’Nea’s eyes widened. “Wait, Princess Celestia? As in THE Princess Celestia?” She and Ivan turned their heads and only then just noticed the giant white Alicorn. T’Nea’s eyes widened. The Alicorn was so much bigger than cadence. “Oh boy. She is a lot bigger than I was thinking.”

Celestia looked at the two newcomers and smiled, standing up to her full height. “You are T’Nea and Ivan? The two other members of Cosmic Harmony?”

T’Nea and Ivan nodded as they both gave a respectful bow. “Yes, your majesty.”

“It is an honor to finally make your acquaintance.”

Celestia nodded. “Please, just Princess Celestia will do. This is purely a social visit to my subjects.”

Sunset snickered. “Except for when she tried to vaporize Jessica because of Nightmare Moon. That was strictly business.”

T’Nea’s eyes widened. “She tried to VAPORIZE Jessica?!”

Jessica nodded. “Celestia and NM have a, less than desirable relationship. One that nearly caused my death earlier.”

Luke nodded. “Fortunately we have magically powerful friends who’re quick on their hooves.”

Sunset nodded. “We saw the shuttle earlier and knew that you would need a hand against the princess.

Starlight chuckled. “And it looked like we got their just in time.”

Twilight nodded. “Yeah. Thanks for that guys. We owe ya one.”

Sunset nodded. “Don’t mention it.”

Pinkie started bouncing up and down excitedly. “Yeah yeah we’re all happy Celestia came to her senses and Jessica’s still alive. That’s all well and good, be right back.” With That, Pinkie took off at Mach pinkie pie speed to who knew where.

Justin, after watching her go, suddenly went wide eyed as he realized something. “Hang on a second! Jessica nearly died today?!”

Applejack nodded. “Yep, she did.”

The chipmunks’ eyes all went wide as one thing left their mouths. “Why?!”

Rarity sighed. “Well, Without boring you with the details, a very long time ago, Celestia’s sister, Princess Luna, made some poor choices. Those choices eventually led her to becoming Nightmare Moon. The resulting battle between Nightmare Moon and Celestia ended with Celestia vanishing her sister to the moon. Skip ahead a thousand years and Nightmare Moon escaped. But fortunately, the Elements of Harmony, possibly the most powerful artifacts in Equine history, were able to blast Nightmare Moon straight out of Luna. Unfortunately her spirit survived and you can guess the rest.”

Jessica nodded. “So that’s why I almost died today. Because Celestia wanted to make sure Nightmare Moon never hurt anyone ever again.”

The chipmunks looked at each other, then to Princess Celestia. Before anyone could do anything though, Admiral Cosmos cleared his throat. “Ahem. Ok I think that’s enough talking about the past for today. How about we all just move on and focus on the now... doesn’t that sound like a good idea chipmunks?”

The chipmunks stared into Celestia’s eyes before sighing. “Fine.”

“Alright.”

“We already got our fight out of our system anyway.”

Jessica inwardly sighed in relief that her brothers and sisters weren’t going to throttle royalty. Right then, pinkie pie skidded to a halt right in front of them and was smiling. “T’Nea, Luke, here are your instruments, Ivan you get on the drums, now let’s hear that song!” Pinkie handed T’Nea and Luke their instruments and say herself back down in her rightful place next to Rarity, the chipmunks also sat themselves in front of everyone while Cosmic Harmony, deciding not to question pinkie, got set.

Jessica chuckled. “Ok then, I guess we’re all set to go.” An idea then flashed into Jessica’s mind. She turned to Twilight. “Hey Twilight. Wanna make it a duet?”

Twilight’s eyes widened with shock, then, smile claimed her face as she trotted up next to Jessica. “Yes. I’d love to.”

Jessica nodded. Then turned to Ivan. “Ivan, if you would?”

Ivan nodded than began tapping out a tempo, after a few beats, Jessica began strumming her guitar and the song began.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Let me know what you want to see next in this series down in the comments. I have a Christmas special in mind but I’d like to have a oneshot type story first. So, what do you guys want to see in the next episode?

PreviousChapters Next