• Published 22nd May 2019
  • 836 Views, 55 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Principal Cinch - CapNTilfy



Abacus Cinch. As the Headmistress of Crystal Prep Academy, she does whatever it takes to win... whatever it takes. Eighth and final book of Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
4
 55
 836

Onward to Victory

Abacus heaved a sigh as she laid in bed, her eyes wide open. No sleep was had. As if she had a hard enough time keeping up her facade as of late. With a grunt of frustration, she got out of bed.

Abacus went into her bathroom and turned on her faucet, letting the water release until was as cold as it could get. She cupped her hands and splashed the water on her face. With a gasp, she felt a tad more alert. Not as alert as she would have liked to be, but it was an improvement.

Despite it all, however, Abacus smiled. The Friendship Games were today, and she at least had solace in the fact that Crystal Prep would win. No doubt her mood would improve after giving a sound thrashing to those miscreants at Canterlot High. She would deal with all of her troubles afterwards.

"Abby... I love you."

Abacus grit her teeth. She was just about at her limit with these accursed auditory hallucinations! After the Friendship Games, she would most certainly seek help, her pride be damned! Then she would go about finding an heir, just as she promised her father. But for now, the Friendship Games came first. With anticipation, she hurried over to her car and drove to Crystal Prep.


Abacus parked in her usual spot, then got out. The sun was shining, there wasn't a single cloud in the sky... it was a perfect day for victory. She took a deep breath of fresh air, then sighed. A perfect day for victory, indeed!

Off in the distance, Abacus could hear the engines of the buses that would get everyone to Canterlot High. It wouldn't be much longer now! Three years of planning, a rigorous athletics regimen, and an environment of intense competition had all led up to this day.

Abacus smiled as she walked inside. The halls were bustling with the chatter of the student body, and they all spoke of but one thing: the Friendship Games.

Abacus could not help but scoff at the name. Indeed, her father named it as such to mask a hidden agenda, but the very idea that a competition had such a title was laughable. There was nothing competitive about friendship! Teammates didn't have to be friends to work together, much like co-workers at any one job.

If any of Abacus' twelve competitors ended up going too far, it would not be her fault. Youths tended to become reckless when their adrenaline kicked in. She would simply observe the spectacle. After all, she was their Headmistress, not their mother.

Abacus checked her phone for the time, and headed for her office. It would still be a little while until it would be time to leave, so she might as well take care of a few things before taking her leave.

Abacus opened the door to her office, and the gunshot the echoed through her head. She yelped and ducked for cover. Once she realized it was all in her head, she nearly roared in rage. Her breathing became erratic as she closed the door behind herself.

Abacus reached her desk and closed her eyes as she clenched and unclenched her fists. She counted to ten, then slowly put her palms on her desk. With a sigh, she began to focus on her work in earnest.


Some time later, there was a knock on Abacus' office door.

"Yes?"

The door opened to admit Radiant Hope. "Principal Cinch," she said. "The buses are ready to move out."

"Excellent," Cinch said, eager to be there to see the looks on those fools' faces. No mercy for the opposition! "I will be out shortly."

"Understood."

Radiant Hope left, and Cinch grimaced as the words of her father played in her mind.

"Any last words?"

"No," Abacus whispered. "I will not let this insanity take the joy of winning from me!" She lightly hit her desk with the palms of her hands, then got up and left.


Abacus reached the parking lot and stared at the buses filled with students. She wished they had more vehicles so that all the students would be able to watch, but that would likely become a logistical nightmare. No matter. They all knew what the outcome would be, so she understood that not everyone would attend.

Abacus walked slowly to her assigned bus. This moment deserved to be savored. Each step was another step towards another win. Another strengthening of her legacy. A furthering of one's influence via a flawless record. A reputation to be respected... and feared.

Abacus boarded the bus and took a good look at all of the students that sat before her. None of the passengers she was with had qualified to be part of the team, but they were all still academically and athletically fierce and fearsome in their own right! They were an unstoppable force!

"Any last words?"

Abacus Cinch grinned. They may not be her last words, but they would most certainly be her last words before the Friendship Games...

"Onward. To Victory!"

The buses moved out, and every last person on board had no idea what sort of life-changing incident lie in wait for them.

End of Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games

Author's Note:

It's been one hell of a ride, hasn't it? Stay tuned, the Crystal Prep Chronicles aren't over yet...

Comments ( 8 )

Well then!

After the previous stories built up just what levels Cinch had sunk to, I wondered what it would be like to get a full-length story from her perspective, and if she somehow might not be quite as pure evil as she‘s made out to be.... Well, she certainly is evil, yet still the tiniest bit sympathetic, and it seems she’s in for even rougher times. Good work.

9982105
I know, right? Sorry it took so long. :twilightsheepish:

I would like to think of this as the 'before' chapter. When Cinch still thought her legacy would continue to prosper.

People call her methods ‘amoral’, I say ‘down right wrong’.

Despite it all, however, Abacus smiled. The Friendship Games were today, and she at least had solace in the fact that Crystal Prep would win. No doubt her mood would improve after giving a sound thrashing to those miscreants at Canterlot High. She would deal with all of her troubles afterwards.

Your gonna be in for a lot this time Cinch, as there are many surprises coming your way. :ajsmug:

Abacus could not help but scoff at the name. Indeed, her father named it as such to mask a hidden agenda, but the very idea that a competition had such a title was laughable. There was nothing competitive about friendship! Teammates didn't have to be friends to work together, much like co-workers at any one job.

That is both true and not true Cinch. :duck:

Abacus opened the door to her office, and the gunshot the echoed through her head caused her to yelp and duck for cover. Once she realized it was all in her head, she nearly roared in rage. Her breathing became erratic as she closed the door behind herself.

and the gunshot echoed through her head*

The buses moved out, and every last person on board had no idea what sort of life-changing incident lie in wait for them.

Despite this story was darker than I expected, especially what was the cause of the death of Cinch's mother, I still somewhat like this story as despite we didn't get to know much of Cinch when she appeared in eqg, seeing it in a fans perspective or their own words kinda makes it better in many ways possible whether it's hood or bad it's still a wonderful thing in the fanfic community. :twilightsmile:

11524576
ah got it, was a little confused there. Thx.

Login or register to comment