• Published 22nd May 2019
  • 836 Views, 55 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Principal Cinch - CapNTilfy



Abacus Cinch. As the Headmistress of Crystal Prep Academy, she does whatever it takes to win... whatever it takes. Eighth and final book of Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
4
 55
 836

Dominion

As Abacus reached Crystal Prep, she recalled the request Sour Sweet made of her. With a mental note, she went inside and got to work until it became time for the students began to file in.

The Headmistress left her office and began to scan the halls in search of Lemon Zest. Seeing her students as she passed them by filled her with pride. They were her charges. They were her legacy. They were pure competition machines, molded by her desire to succeed, and destined to trample all opponents!

Abacus' thoughts were cut off, as she found who she was looking for.

"There you are, Lemon Zest."

Lemon stood completely still for a moment, then spoke. "Y-y-yes, Principal Cinch?"

"Sour Sweet told me about a certain... confrontation you two had." Abacus said sternly.

The student's jaw dropped and her eyes widened. "She... what?"

"While I understand the two of you have a history together, you should leave feelings like those to yourself." Cinch continued as she folded her arms.

"I... understand."

"Good," said Principal Cinch. "As long as we're clear on the matter." She went back to her office to continue her work.

----------------------------------------------

Not even fifteen minutes passed before Abacus' work was interrupted, as a student abruptly opened her office door.

The Headmistress rose from her desk, her face a mask of anger. "Young man," she said sternly as she put her hands on her hips. "There had better be a good reason for you to barge in without knocking."

"Someone's fighting in the hallways!"

Cinch paused for a moment, then heaved a sigh as she rolled her eyes. This was the third fight this month!

"Lead me to it," she said.

----------------------------------------------

As Cinch and the student neared the scene, the Headmistress began to hear familiar voices.

"What on earth has gotten into you two," Asked Dean Cadance.

"Oh my god, you're both bleeding," Exclaimed Radiant Hope.

"I'm fine," shouted Sour Sweet.

"Let me at that goddamn bitch! I've had enough of her bullshit," yelled Lemon Zest.

"Enough," bellowed Principal Cinch. Everyone diverted their attention to her. "What is the meaning of this?"

Lemon and Sour both started talking at the same time, then got angry again, and had to be held back again by Radiant Hope and Dean Cadence. Principal Cinch pinched the bridge of her nose. "I've heard enough." she said. "Lemon Zest. Sour Sweet. Go to the nurses office to get patched up. If I hear of one more incident involving you two I'm sending you both home for the day."

Lemon and Sour glared at each other.

"Do I make myself clear," said Cinch, her patience long since lost.

"Yes, Principal Cinch." said Lemon and Sour, blushing.

Satisfied, Abacus walked away and headed back to her office. The personal lives of her students mattered little to her, and she would prefer that they left any and all stress back at their homes. If the fighting continued or escalated, she would have no choice but to take further disciplinary action. The Headmistress wanted her charges to trample any and all competition, not each other! With a disappointed shake of her head, she returned to her office.

Once inside her office, the Headmistress took a moment to gaze upon her accomplishments. It always helped to calm her down. Reflecting upon all her years of tenure put a smile on her face. If Abacus had any say in the matter, then she'd be Headmistress for many more, and she didn't see anything that could stop her!

Now that the Headmistress felt better, she went back to work. While she was working, however, she began to reflect on Dean Cadance. She handled that altercation in hallway rather admirably, Abacus had to admit.

The Headmistress sighed, remembering how difficult it was to find a replacement when the previous Dean, Amethyst Maresbury, had to retire due to her age. For a suburb near Canterlot City with many gifted people, it surprised Abacus to find that a qualified person was hard to come by!

Several applicants came, but none of them met Abacus' standards. Then when Cadance showed up to apply, the Headmistress was skeptical at first. Her initial impression had been that this woman was a bit too soft for her tastes. However, she slowly noticed during the interview that there was a drive. A passion. A relentless commitment to the school.

Abacus slowly warmed up to the idea of Cadance as a Dean during the remainder of her search. Perhaps a bit of softness was needed after all! Her softness could balance out the Headmistress' harshness.

Cadance was hired within the month.

Since that time, the new Dean had more than proven herself. Why, she had been almost as efficient as Cinch herself! And yet, from that day... the Headmistress didn't like the possibility of her becoming a successor.

Abacus let out a gasp as a revelation occurred to her. Was this why her father had been so dead set on her finding an heir? It would make sense, since it would work as an assurance that their work would live on... but even if the Headmistress did have or adopt a child, could she find it in herself to ask said child to commit murder on her behalf?

Abacus put a hand to her forehead. Why was she thinking about all of this now? She wanted, no, needed to focus on her work and the incoming Friendship Games! The Headmistress grit her teeth and doubled her efforts in her work, in the hopes that doing so would clear her mind.

----------------------------------------------

Time had passed, and Abacus' work at Crystal Prep Academy had been finished. Unfortunately for her, the revelation she had persisted in her mind, which made it harder than normal on her. The Headmistress heaved a sigh. Perhaps the weekend would serve to ease her mind a little bit.

With that in mind, Abacus took a deep breath, then exhaled as she locked up her office and left the building.