• Published 22nd May 2019
  • 836 Views, 55 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Principal Cinch - CapNTilfy



Abacus Cinch. As the Headmistress of Crystal Prep Academy, she does whatever it takes to win... whatever it takes. Eighth and final book of Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
4
 55
 836

Domain

Abacus Cinch arrived at Crystal Prep Academy and heaved a sigh, relieved that she was no longer at that dreadful cemetery. Here, she was in her element. Here, she was in charge. Here... her word was law. But before she could reach her innermost sanctum, she needed to attend a meeting.

Abacus entered the school and watched as Celestia entered the meeting room. She walked past her subordinate. "Dean Cadance," she greeted, then walked in.

The Headmistress sighed as she put her hand on her forehead. Her "fellow" principals where nothing more than a collection of motley miscreants.

Principal Gruff. The most irksome curmudgeon she'd ever had the displeasure of encountering. Always trying to cause trouble. The Headmistress wouldn't trust him with a plunger, he'd more than likely start a fight with it! How he managed to become a principal was beyond her.

Principal Ember. The upstart daughter of the now-retired Torch. Her belligerence would always derail the meeting... at least once. It didn't help matters that she and Gruff would often butt heads with one another.

Principal Thorax. An unworthy successor to Chrysalis. Where the latter was commanding and authoritative, the former was weak and inexperienced.

Principal Novo. Irreverent and annoying, her constant commentary drove the Headmistress insane.

Finally, there was Principal Celestia. The sheer ignorance of the woman, thinking that just because things have been improving at Canterlot High they might have a sliver of a chance of winning. The very idea!

At least Superintendent Neighsay had a good head on his shoulders. This meeting would likely go smoother with his guidance.

Principal Cinch closed the door behind her, and the meeting began.

---------------------------------------------

After the meeting, Principal Cinch nearly slammed the door shut. Another waste of time where hardly anything got accomplished! Thanking her lucky stars that she wasn't an alcoholic, the Headmistress made her way to her office in the hopes of clearing her head.

Abacus reached her office and took a deep breath, then exhaled, reveling in the musky scent of her cherished room.

In each corner there was a yellow column, topped with blue stained glass. The walls were a dark green, and on the left and right sides of her office were bookshelves. Each bookshelf contained books on various subjects she had studied on her way to becoming a principal. Psychology, Sociology, History... among many others.

Purple curtains hung in various parts of the Headmistress' room, and kept the daylight out of her office. She had an easier time concentrating under man-made lighting. Smaller shelves of books lined the edges of her office, high enough that she would require a ladder to reach them.

Standing before Abacus was her crimson desk, where her favorite chair stood. She shut the door to her office and turned around, admiring all of her awards and accomplishments. Everything she earned. It was nearly intoxicating...

But for now, there was work to be done.

---------------------------------------------

A fair amount of time had passed and Principal Cinch was able to get much done with a clear head.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

Sour Sweet entered her office, wringing her hands. A tad unusual for her, but no matter.

"Principal Cinch... I have an issue with Lemon Zest."

The Headmistress raised an eyebrow. "And that issue would be?"

"Lemon told me she had feelings for me, and that has been troubling me for some time now."

Principal Cinch paused for a moment. It was quite uncommon for love to be found in the halls of her school. The only reason she tolerated Jet Set and Upper Crust's romance was because they weren't fawning or slobbering all over each other in her halls. "Very well," she said. "I will address the situation tomorrow. I have a busy day ahead of me today."

"Thank you, Principal Cinch," Sour Sweet said as she left the office.

The door closed, and the Headmistress scoffed. Love with one's family was understandable, but she couldn't fathom romantic love. It was just another distraction in life that prevented one from accomplishing truly great things. It was all well and good for many people, but not her. Speaking of distractions, she should get back to work.

---------------------------------------------

More time passed as Abacus Cinch continued her work. She would not leave until everything was done. Until every last thing in her office was ship-shape. Spotless! She didn't merely coast along on her father's reputation, after all. She had to work for it! Once everything was in order, the Headmistress nodded in satisfaction, then left her office.

---------------------------------------------

Abacus Cinch reached her home, and headed straight to her room. She sighed and stretched as she closed the door behind her.

Abacus' room was rather opulent and large, with a miniature white chandelier hanging from her ceiling. The walls of her room were dark purple, much like the curtains in her office. Portraits of herself and her father lined said walls. Some in color, some in black and white.

The Headmistress' canopy bed was a light blue, the same color as her skin. Several black pillows were arranged neatly on the head's side of the bed. On each side was a white nightstand, with a light on each. A stack of puzzle magazines sat on the left nightstand. She needed to keep her mind sharp, after all. On the right nightstand was her radio and alarm clock, which she played classical music on at night.

Her walk-in closet contained multitudes of shoes and casual wear, despite the fact that she rarely left her home. Whenever she did, it was mainly for social gatherings, fundraisers, or anything else that would help boost her reputation in the eyes of the general public.

Abacus yawned and stretched, then changed into her nightgown. Another hard day's work had been completed, and she felt good about herself. She drifted off to sleep, feeling confident that whatever the next day would bring, she would meet it head on. There was no doubt in her mind that she would stand triumphant in the end.