• Published 22nd May 2019
  • 836 Views, 55 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Principal Cinch - CapNTilfy



Abacus Cinch. As the Headmistress of Crystal Prep Academy, she does whatever it takes to win... whatever it takes. Eighth and final book of Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games.

  • ...
4
 55
 836

Hell

Abacus began to hear static once again as she stirred. She opened her eyes slowly to find herself in the static void.

"...B... I..."

The Headmistress floated weightlessly as the letters repeated, desperately trying to keep her cool.

"...B... I..."

"...B... I..."

"...S..."

Abacus blinked in surprise. S? "B... I... S?"

The static drone continued.

"S... B... I..."

The Headmistress grunted in frustration. Just when she thought she was getting somewhere! Before she could form another thought, she felt a massive presence loom over her. A chill ran down her spine as she turned around...

...and saw a gigantic gun aimed directly at her.

Abacus screamed in terror and began to flail her limbs in a frantic attempt to escape as a deafeningly loud click resounded throughout the void. Oh stars, she was going to die! She shut her eyes, cowering in fear as she awaited her untimely demise.

A moment passed. Then a minute passed. The Headmistress dare not look up, lest she see the gun pointed at herself again.

"S... B... I..."

Abacus Cinch was trapped. Between the droning of the letters, the constant sound of static and her weightlessness, she could practically feel her sanity draining with each passing second!

A loud explosion caused the Headmistress to scream again and shield her face. Several moments of nothing but the sound of static and the letters followed until she finally gained the courage to look up and around herself.

"S... B... I..."

Nothing had changed. There was still static around Abacus as she cowered in place. Was... was this Hell? Had Death itself finally caught up to her and sent her to this wretched place? The Headmistress wasn't going to delude herself. She knew she had done terrible, terrible things. She had manipulated others, engaged in underhanded schemes with her father, and even took a life. Hell was...

Abacus' thought process ground to a halt as she remembered being in her car a mere few moments ago, then passing out. This wasn't Hell. This was... a dream? She thanked the higher powers that she was still alive, but shuddered despite herself. The Headmistress was still in a bit of a panic.

Another explosion sounded, causing Abacus' ears to ring. Her breathing became ragged as her stress increased.

"S... B... I..."

The Headmistress had to escape this madhouse! She didn't know how much more she could take!

"S... B... I... U."

The Headmistress grabbed her head with a yelp as pain shot through it. Another letter? What on earth was all of this insanity supposed to mean?

Static sounded off for a few more seconds, then another explosion sounded as Abacus felt her mind continue to slip.

"S... B... I... U."

Static, followed by another explosion.

The Headmistress would have laid down and entered the fetal position, had there been any floor or anything stable enough to lay on. "M-Make it s-stop," she whimpered.

"S... B... I... U."

The cycle repeated itself again and again as Abacus began to shed tears of despair. This wasn't Hell, but a facsimile. A personal hell.

How long had the Headmistress even been here? The question burned in her mind as she debated whether or not she truly wanted to know the answer. Perhaps it was best not to know, lest it worsen her mental faculties.

Yet another explosion sounded off, and suddenly Abacus felt a pressure on her body as she began to shake uncontrollably. What in the hell could possibly be happening now?!

If the Headmistress had another thought after that, it was forgotten immediately as she regained consciousness.