Comments ( 72 )

Still great story and I like the ending for everyone. It is also nice honestly that Shining knows who really pulled the weight in the group but sees that he is needed to be seen like a hero in order to help ponies and the like keep going. With Rarity and Pinkie it was a bittersweet but I think that is honestly what was needed, not everyone get a storybook ending but a ending none the less.

I wonder what your next work will be, I get the feeling it will be less depressing than this lol. You already know what I am hoping to see or at least what scaly guy I hope to see as the lead lol.

Thanks as always for reading and commenting, it helps me know if my stories are headed in the right direction and when they're going off the rails too much! Glad I could give my two favorite ponies (Rarity and Pinkie) some happiness after I thoroughly broke them so much.

Next work will definitely be less depressing whenever I come around to it. Hopefully it will be pretty light-hearted actually, although I admittedly don't intend to write anything that isn't at least some form of clop. (Part of the fun writing these is putting in stuff we'd never see the ponies canonically do, such as explicit sex and violence!) Not sure if Spike will be the protagonist, but he'll at last play an important role in one of the fics I have planned, depending on which I decide to do first. :scootangel:

9385400
Great to hear your next work will be more enjoyable and cheery. I honestly think a story with less complicated timeline and more of a relaxed situation you would flourish in popularity on this sight for sure. Honestly I would like to see you do a romantic or romantic comedy story. I think you would handle something like that very well.

I am happy to here that even if he isn't the lead you seem to have a higher opinion of Spike where he will have a larger part in some of your future stories. If there is one thing I have noticed over my years in on this sight, Spike fans are HUNGRY for stories and will praise and flock to a story with him in it and him in a positive light.

Lol yea for sure I just pictured you doing a romantic comedy story with Spike and Rarity and think you would make it super funny and charming. Hell I think you doing a Spike x Pinkie would be funny in a totally different but still enjoyable way as well.

Anyway this story, even with it being a hard read at time, was enjoyable to finish. And I think it was a learning experience as well. I think my advice still work, with your writing something with a easier to follow timeline and story and less dark story might get more positive attention. But I am someone who strongly believe in what what you want and I say the same to you. Even if you don't top the charts just bring your vision to life and there will be people out there to enjoy it for what it is.

9385591
Good advice. I love Spike and he's one of the characters I relate to most in the show (Twilight and Starlight being the other two) so I would like to write him more. I just wish the writers didn't treat him like a buttmonkey most of the time; nothing wrong with him being incompetent at times as all the characters are flawed,but they sometimes take it to the point where he can't do anything right!

Yeah, definitely a learning experience. It got so complicated at times I almost lost track of the characters, heh. Plus I intentionally ignored the season 7 finale because I didn't want to deal with all those new and not very well known characters. (Haven't even gotten around to season 8 yet, but I know the basics of what happens.) Not sure how well I'd do at pure comedy, but I do try to sprinkle humor here-and-there. Don't know whether I'll ever take off, but I'm grateful for the small fanbase I've built. :twilightblush:

9385608
Lol yea I know how that is for sure. Me personally I think even more than the foolish Spike I tend to see the overly perfect Gary Sue Spike, who does everything right and can get any mare by just winking at them. I tend to like something where we get to feel the relationship make sense and not everyone is attracted to him but those who are can like him for his flaws as well as the positives. That isn't just Spike but most fanfics I read,write, and edit lol.

Yea I think a comedy would be hard, not even talking about you just in general. That is why I like stories that fall more towards Romantic comedy more than most pure comedy ones. Comedy is SOOOO hard and at least with a Romantic comedy even if the comedy isn't great if there is a captivating love story I can look past the comedy lol.

9385631
Interesting, haven't read too many Gary Stu Spike fics, but I only check out clop in general and the one's where he's been written like that were so over -the-top I doubt they were meant to be taken too seriously! Definitely don't want to write him as being a magnet to all mares without good reason! Plus, I avoided Spike at first because I don't want to write foalcon (Nothing against it, just not particularly my thing) so I only decided to bring him into the story once I aged him up.

I agree that pure comedy would be hard so best mixed with another genre and romantic is a safe choice. Not entirely sure what genre the one I'm planning out will be be; probably comedy/slice-of-life.

9385658
I get that for sure. Foalcon isn't really my thing as well. I tend to try to avoid it unless recommended something by a friend and they tend to know what kind of stories I like. Yea I get that it is just to me, Spike isn't a child or at least I tend to go more towards stories where he is either bigger or clearly show that even if he is small he isn't a child. I mean to me he is at most like 3-4 years if that younger than Twi, so he in the main series always was more of a teenager than a child to me if not a right out adult. He doesn't go to school, teaches at the friendship school, and even during the gauntlet he was called and everyone called was at teenager age so to me it only makes sense for Spike to really be around 16-18 years old lol.

Oh man have you checked out the highest rated Spike stories, like the ones from Path of Cloud and the other big name Spike authors. Those will make you fall back in love with the Spike character for sure lol. And they tend to do Rarity very well as well so that is another big plus as well lol.

Funny for me Moondancer is a character that I recently really fell in love with right now. I have a weakness for adorkable characters, blame my first crush Velma for it lol, so to me she is right up there for my top mares with Rarity, Twilight,Pinkie, and Shy lol.

9385670
Yeah, the fact that they often refer to him as a 'baby' in the show makes me really hesitate to put him in sexual situations, but I'd like to figure its by the standards of a long-lived race. I used to favor a Spike/Sweetie Belle shipping because they seem closer of age. Haven't checked out those Spike stories; hopefully I will someday!

My library of to-read here is over a hundred now, plus I don't want to accidentally plagiarize anyone by taking too much subconsciously from their works so I'm careful what I read beforehand when I craft my stories.

I'm neutral towards Moondancer but she is in one of my favorite episodes. I think with more time dedicated to her she could be a favorite of mine too. Curse of the show; creating all these potentially cool characters/ideas and barely using lots of them. Started watching back in late 2011 and I was HUNGRY for more Trixie screentime then, lol.

Velma was one of my first crushes too, haha. Not sure how old you were when you first saw her but it was probably back in 1983 or 84 for me; actually been a MLP fan since G1, though I've only rewatched a couple episodes as an adult. (One to see the origins of Tirek and another a fan said the Dragon Quest episode took inspiration from.)

9385688
Yea for me if I was going to pair him with any CMC it would be Sweetie or Bloom. But I am just one of those people who always saw Spike as a adult and not a child just by the way the treat him. At least compared to the CMC and stuff lol.

Wow your to do list of stories is much bigger than mine lol. I tend to just read the latest thing and I have gone back and read most of the ones I wanted to. I tend to mainly read things involving Spike to be honest so it keep my story pull far more manageable lol. Yea I know how you feel about those side characters lol. I was someone how never saw Trixie as a bad guy and blamed the mane 6 + Spike for her going bad in the first place lol. Not to mention I liked the Kirin village as well as Moondancer when it comes to side character. They do a great job of making them interesting but they have so many it is VERY rare for one to show up ever again lol.

Yea I liked her since reruns of the classic show, than the movies, than the remakes which only made Velma even better of a character. I wasn't into MLP till honestly this version and it was funny enough Sparity that got me interested. A friend showed me the Greed Growth episode than the Dragon Quest and I wanted to know more about the characters but most the very interesting love story of a dragon and a pony. Which explains why Sparity and Spike hold so much power in my taste, they are literally the things that brought me into this fanbase lol

9385708
Yeah I never blamed Trixie either. Didn't ruin the episode for me but I was annoyed with the moral. I was simply a casual watcher at first because I tend to favor action/adventure cartoons (Which are rare now outside of anime or direct-to-video stuff and I prefer serialized fiction) but it was Swarm of the Century that finally made me go from viewer to fan; absolutely loved Pinkie.

Rarity was just kind of there for me until she started getting focus episodes, then she quickly became tied with Pie for me. Not sure whether Spike quite cracks my top ten but he's up there. (But I like most of the characters really.)

Haven't seen the Kirin one yet but the design is cool. Haven't seen much modern Scooby Doo but I did love Mystery Inc. That's a nice story of how you got into the fandom, for me it was just browsing 4chan before bronies really exploded and adding recommended cartoons that looked interesting to my watch list. Shame I don't have time to watch more! Still exploring tons of shows I missed or are still coming out when I have spare time!

9422440
Thanks! Yeah, I debated whether to have more 'serious' sex scenes, but originally this was supposed to be a series of loosely connected, lighthearted clop scenarios revolving around Shining, until a few chapters in all these story ideas started swirling in my head and it slowly turned more serious. That admittedly gave it a pretty schizophrenic tone like both of my longer works.

I decided to stick with the ham partly out of consistency to the earlier clop bits, and partly because I feared the story was going too dark/depressing, so this tale ended up as a mad scientist concoction where I threw everything at the wall, seeing what stuck. I actually found I often enjoyed writing the sad/depressing scenarios more than the clop to my surprise!

10486558
Well both Twi are corrupted versions basically. I like this story

10486561
I'm glad, I know it's rough but a few scenes have some of my favorite writing I've done.:twilightblush:

10610776
Yep! Nice to see how far your OCs have gone!

10614063
Pretty much! A lot of the idea for Beatrix comes at the story's climax.:twilightsmile:

10621793
Don't think it was, there's sort of something like that in the sequel!

10627871
Yes, sad and disturbing.

I'm playing this soundtrack because it'd fit so well here. and maybe LTE.

10628107
Midnight is suppossed to be born five years after Twilight, which might push him into the 20s or 30s depending on how long this has been going.

However, considering that his timeline is usually behind or ahead the rest of the timelines due to some *cough cough* resets, he might've been born during the child-soldier generation,

10628112
ah, forgot the cult does control the factories, and sci twi probably knows about guns. This pace of technology leaps reminds me of Ponystar's Negotiations series where ponies fight against mankind, and during the last years of the war they're forced to use human technology, and yet they still fail. spoilers, 3 billion die.

10628117
yeah. though like I said, due to all the symbolism, I think 99% of the world mistook its meaning. Perhaps it had been talking about something else, not the world in general. that'd be the work of the seven cups and bowls of fury destroying the world. think the angels are supposed to be directed to the remnant people of God or something like that. IDK, I don't remember much from studying. But still, cool concept!

10628120
I think somebody would say that they should all be glad she ain't Hyper Fanatical

10628115
Another factor is Time Turner, who supplies most tech for Shining's Force.

10628135
ah well, that actually helps.

yeah, this is a tough for them. due to everything I've seen so far, I think Equestria is just doomed, no matter the outcome, it'd take at least a thousand years to heal.

10628141
Yeah, it's not as bad as Cerise's world in some ways but pretty close.

10628146
Death rates probably have been increased to 95%. Cerise's has now been bumped up to 99%

If it weren't for the fact that the Crystal Empire seemingly retained much of its population, I think Cerise's world would've died off. Here, it's just luck that their world also managed to survive.

Imagine the Black Plague in Europe but everybody dies.

10628150
Yeah, to the point where without magic they might end up genetic dead ends. (In my lore incest is less of a problem, but still frowned upon.)

10628154
yeah. magic is their only saving grace here, but even so, I wouldn't expect things to heal until a thousand years later.

10628159
Pretty much, Beatrix's homeworld is still more than half dead even after the sequels.

10628162
I must agree. Fucking both your sister and your doppleganger's sister might sound sexy, but under the circumstances they were done, oof!

10628166
Shining is too noble for his own good!

10628163
and it shall continue to remain dead.

so what? With all princesses gone, what happened to the sun or moon?

I think you technically referenced that through the continents disappearing. without the alicorns controlling the sun, perhaps everything moves from the earth centered system to a sun centered, and thus the moon and sun caused huge tidal and tectonic waves that screwed up everything!

10628173
I believe it's stated here or in the sequel the cult has the sun/moon raised and lowered. But yes, I figure things were thrown out of alignment causing many natural disasters.

10628177
that split second between transitioning would've caused so much chaos. so yeah, at least they're lucky that they were able to rapidly regain control, otherwise the earth probably would've crashed into the sun or moon or visa versa

10628183
Yep, huge consequences that wrecked Equestria.

10628198
heh. it was for me as well, though in terms of time travel/recreating body, Undertale was much more influential to me

10628201
Never got around to Undertale, although I do play tons of RPGs.

10628202
but I find the concept interesting.

RIP to everyone. This environment is much more hostile.

but still look at this song, it fits perfectly

10628219
yeah, it's from The Last Days of Europe, which is pretty fitting here

And thus the story is over! Man this has been a long ride!

Too bad so many fell to create this interesting story, alas, a small price to pay for salvation.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Can't wait to read the sequels, though I wonder when the Beatrix Arc arrives so that I can begin the doc

10628282
Just tell me where the moment comes where I'll begin the whole Beatrix male doc, because I need to understand the implications of how the Necronomicon chooses its hosts etc.

Login or register to comment