• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 10,898 Views, 3,828 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 2 - TDR



Chaos, bad dating advice, Apples, and more shipping. All in season 2 of TGaP

  • ...
28
 3,828
 10,898

PreviousChapters Next
Hearts and Paws Day, part 3

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 2
By TDR

Hearts and Paws Day,
part 3

[ Ponyville, Golden Oak library]

It was in a tense and 'ready to brawl' position that the three individuals vying for the affections of one oblivious Moon Dog found themselves in when a fourth trotted up to them.

The teal maned an pastel blue colored pegasus stopped nearby. She looked up at the tree library then back to a bit of paper she held in her wing. The locals watched on with awe as she then approached the trio.

Clearly this was an out of towner.

“Oh hey... sorry to interrupt this little lovers spat you have going on, though kinda kinky throwing a diamond dog into the mix, but more power to you mares, totally not judging here. But this is important. I'm looking for my colt friends house and the address I have says it's around here some place.” The pegasus rambled, not realizing that the three scathing glares had now been directed her way.

“But yeah I'm looking for this guy here.” she held up a picture that looked cut from a newspaper. The image showed the large form of Spike stampeding through Ponyville, one could just make out the figure clinging to his shoulder as well as Twilight and Applejack in the foreground “Oh wait that's a bad picture I've got a better one. “

Another image was held up, a perfect picture of Rahs posing as if he was auditioning for a play and needed to send in a image for reference.

“What?!” the trio demanded.

“Oh, it's a funny story, see this stallion came into Cloudsdale a while back for the best fliers competition and he was totally hot. But he vanished afterward and no one knew where he went. So then in the paper the other day my friend Aurora spotted this and she noticed that the mares in the foreground of the photo were with him in Cloudsdale. So the two of us did a bit of investigation and we found out that he lives here in Ponyville. We also found out he's been cursed into this beastly thing here in the picture,no this picture, not the dragon. Not judging by the way I'm sure Diamond Dogs are cool and all, but I like stallions. So any way we get ready to head out here to find him and find out that a every pony else seems to have the same idea. It's like every mare in the city showed up here. But we got a lead and a way to break the curse from a couple of mysterious strangers with really cool mustaches. They sold me and Aurora these vials of a magic potion made by a Zebra's apprentice. They said this was the only sure fire way to cure him and return him to his handsome form. So Aurora and I split up to look for him and I thought maybe I put some of the stuff on my lips and kiss him and that would turn him back into the handsome stallion from the kiss like true love...”

“WHAT!!? That beauty and the beast thing is Trixie's shitchk!” Trixie growled as the pegasus held up a small bottle of faintly glowing liquid.

“Well whatever, any way did you happen to know where he lives?” the pegasus smiled puckering her lips. “ I've got curing kisses to deliver.....”

The locals watched with amazement as said pegasus female tore away from the trio at Rainbow Dash speeds screaming like her tail was on fire.

Mostly because her tail was on fire.

Bits were passed to the winners and new bets were made. After all, there were quite a number of rather foolish new comers in town today.

And the foolish didn't last long in Ponyville.

Especially if they went about poking powder kegs with burning sticks like that one had.

“Unbelievable. Change him from a beast? There's nothing wrong with him.” Saturnia growled.

“While Trixie agrees with that assessment of Fuzzy, she wonders exactly what is going on here.” Trixie grumbled, her horn still flickering as she glared after the pegasus.

“We were supposed to keep this civil between his suitors.” Jynx admonished the unicorn.

“Did you hear her say a Princess gave her permission?” Trixie frowned.

“Good point.” Jynx nodded.

Saturnia however had focused her attention on the glowing liquid in the vial the pegasus dropped. It was a simple glass vial like one might find in Barnyard Bargains. There was however a strange faintly glowing liquid inside the vial that gave off a hint of magic.

Though it was the highly detailed runes painted on the side of the vial that made Saturnia wary.

“Can you tell what this is?” Saturnia asked Trixie.

The unicorn mare gathered the glass up looking it over with a frown.

“Sorry, Trixie's specialty is not in potions, or runes. The liquid is magic, but it is too …. “ Trixie paused thinking of the right word. "...jumbled with spells for Trixie to tell what it is or even what school."

“I think they're nonsense runes, but they look very similar to something I've seen in an old story.” Saturnia frowned. “A long time ago there was something created called a Love Poison.”

“Love poison?” Jynx asked.

“It was an old love spell developed... I don't even know how many centuries ago by a ….. distant relative of mine. It causes an infatuation with another who has also drank this drought to the point that they ignore everything else but what they are obsessing over. So much so that eventually they will starve to death as they cannot avert their attention to anything else even for a second.” Saturnia frowned, she wasn't a hundred percent sure on it or not. The original potion had been made by a Changeling who wanted a easy way to harvest love. It had backfired spectacularly and was now used as a cautionary tale for grubs.

“While Trixie does not think it is as powerful as that, it still could very well be a poison joke mixture. That is what turned Fuzzy into a pony.” Trixie sighed recalling that she had attempted to use a small patch of the joke to turn into a Moon Dog for Rahs like Rarity had, only to wind up stuck with the same coloration as Twilight Sparkle instead.

“Poison joke....” Jynx muttered.” Should we not have seen the effect on that pegasus if she put it on her lips?”

“Not for at least twenty four hours.” Saturnia grumbled. “What worries me is some one is selling this stuff.”

“Pfft what does it matter, one or two pegasi meeting these mysterious mustached sales ponies. Trixie has stopped one she can stop another.” Trixie boasted.

Jynx frowned. “She said she came from Cloudsdale.”

“So?” Saturnia demanded.

“There are an awful lot of pegasi in Ponyville today.” Jynx added noting the pairs dawning realization.

“It's fine. All we have to do is keep Fuzzy away from those mares. It shouldn't be that difficult he's still in the Library, we can settle this, go in and then keep any stupid pegasi from trying to 'uncurse' him.” Trixie stated.

“Hey, you three.”

A loud voice cut Trixie off as the heavy thud of hooves drew their attention to the figure approaching.

The pony would have towered over Big Mac and was built in a way that made Big Mac look like Fluttershy. He had brilliant orange fur with a short cropped fuchsia mane. His tail didn't end in a normal ponies whisk but in a more serpentine length with a number of spines along it that ran up the length of it. His hooves were split, not quite cloven but seemingly edged like claws.He had a scattering of scales around his joints and hooves that were a burnt seinia coloration. The giants eyes were reptilian slits with a deep purple coloration.

Trixie's eyes widened as she had to crane her neck to look up at the Nox-cal. Saturnia was panicked as she recognized the member of the Decaff Brigade. Jynx was highly surprised that there was a pony other than a princess who could stare her in the eyes.

“If you three are looking for Rahs Sparkle. I saw him headed down Eastern Cloverfield lane a few minutes ago.” Sergeant Lodestone stated. ”That said if you plan to cause trouble or fight, I might be off duty, but I can still act as a Guard if the situation calls for it. I doubt the three of you want to spend Hearts and Hooves day in a cell, so think.”

The massive stallion seemed to be sizing up Jynx for a moment before clearly deciding he could take her before his attention turned down to the other two.

“FUZZY'S GONE!?!?” Trixie yelped realizing that the Moon Dog had wandered out into an unknown quantity of pegasi who wanted to soak him in some unknown magic liquid.

Trixie didn't wait a moment more with that realization, taking off into the city to find and save Fuzzy with Saturnia and Jynx right after her, neither of them wanting the unicorn mare to be the one who saved Rahs before them.

Lodestone blinked as the trio ran off.

“That was kinda easy.” A pink earth pony mare with a lime green mane and tail pointed out as she moved up beside the massive stallion.

“I'm pretty sure that was that Trixie mare from a while back when the Ursa major attacked Daisy.” another earth pony mare added as she trotted up on the other side. Her two tone blonde mane and tail contrasting with the fuchsia coloration of her fur.

There was a light thud as Lodestone felt a bit of weight on his back turned to see a third earth pony mare, a cream colored one with short pink and red mane and tail laying over his back with a grin. “ Yeah, thanks Lodey... that was starting to look rather scary.”

“Not a problem. Though isn't it a bit too early to be giving me nicknames Rose?” Lodestone smirked.

“Not at all, Once you try our cooking we have you.” Rose smiled. “Bwaha ha ha.”

Lily and Daisy rolled their eyes at their third, though Lodestone only seemed to chuckle at her antics.

“You seem quite sure of yourselves on that.” Lodestone smirked trotting along with the mares, the three he had confronted already forgotten thanks to the attention of the three mares.

The locals stared at the change up.

Old notes were examined, arguments were had, and a huge pile of bits was going to be sent to Rarity, who had properly bet on what it would take to keep the Flower Trio out of their bunker on a Tuesday.

Still with the others running off, new bets were placed before every pony went about their business.
After all if those seeking to court Rahs were anything like the Sparkles themselves, everyone in town would know what happened and the bets could be paid out after everything died down.

Provided there was a town left.

Author's Note:

Happy Hearts and Paws day peoples.

PreviousChapters Next