• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 10,904 Views, 3,828 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 2 - TDR



Chaos, bad dating advice, Apples, and more shipping. All in season 2 of TGaP

  • ...
28
 3,828
 10,904

PreviousChapters Next
Luna Eclipsed Epilogue

Twilight Gets a Puppy

Season 2
By TDR



Luna Eclipsed
Epilogue



[Ponyville, Golden Oaks Library]


Rahs and Princess Luna narrowed their eyes at the crimson coat clad Big Mac.

Big Mac narrowed his eyes back at the pair over his sunglasses.

The reason for the pair's staring was Twilight Sparkle. The mare was in a interesting stage of undress, smelled like a distillery and was currently wearing Big Mac's costume hat and his fake fangs, which she was using to nibble on his neck. She was also passed out with a death grip around Mac's neck and between nibbles was snoring loud enough to wake the dead as she drooled on the large stallion.

The reason for Big Mac's glare was that while Princess Luna was carrying a passed out Sweetiebelle on her back and Rahs was carrying both Scootaloo and Spike draped over his shoulders. Applebloom was zipping around talking a mile a minute about nothing in particular and showed no signs of slowing down any time soon. Given the others pillow cases were near bursting and Applebloom's only seemed half full it was pretty clear what had happened.

“We were unaware Twilight Sparkle was a drinker.” Luna questioned.

“Eenope.” Big Mac agreed still not entirely certain what happened. Twilight had only tried one cup of Berry's punch. Granted the cup and bowl were both in reinforced mithril, and he had never seen a punch bowl that came with it's own fume hood.

Still he had been amused by her attempt at dancing.

The stare down was interrupted by the front door of the library opening and Lodestone stepped out with the half empty bowl of candy. Applebloom rushed over immediately for a hoof full of it with a nightmare night chant so fast she sounded like she had squeaked.

Big Mac blinked in surprise, having to look up at some pony for once.

The Nocturne Night Guard took note of the others outside, before nodding to Princess Luna.

“I assume mission complete then Princess?” Lodestone questioned.

“Indeed, was there any trouble?” Princess Luna asked.

“Not at all Princess. The mares in this town are quite friendly.” Lodestone smirked thinking on the large number of 'contact me' notes he had been given by mares escorting foals or simply passing by who spotted him.” I believe I understand Comet Trails interest in this post now.”

“ We shall consider it if you request a transfer. It will be good to have more Nox-Cal in the public eye.” Luna smiled knowing full well the sheer number of mares that had probably flirted with him.

“ I do need to point out there were a pair of odd screams, one seemed like two voices going past the library rather fast and the other... well.....” Lodestone shuddered.

“Ah yes … those... We would not worry about that. We heard a number our self, it is Nightmare Night after all. Such things are likely common.” Princess Luna offered.

[Earlier, Carousel Boutique]

Rarity lay back on the ground, her head spinning as she slowly recovered from the impact and the terrifying flight back to her home. Rainbow Dash it seemed had still not learned about doors, and how to open them properly.

“Come on come on.... wake up, this is important.” Rainbow Dash muttered as she practically danced in place darting over to put the front door back into it's frame, before pushing a chair against it to keep it from falling over.

“Rainbow Dash. If this is some sort of prank, I shall be very cross and then I shall then start hitting you with the heaviest thing I can reach and I am unsure when I would stop.” Rarity stated flatly already calculating how much repairing the hinges on her shops door would cost.”If this is payback for the incident with Mare Do Well...... the same thing is going to happen.”

“What!? No, this is super important, and not about that, it's kinda hard to be mad at you for doing what you always do. I'm really only still mad at Twi and Applejack for that. But that's not important right now I need your help.” Rainbow Dash yammered pacing around.

“Really now?” Rarity blinked slowly sitting up as the world stopped spinning.”Well despite that I still wish to apologize for my part in that fiasco. There were certainly other ways we could have used to reign you in but I let the idea of designing a costume get the best of me.”

“Accepted, we cool now? Good, yes, new problem time now....” Rainbow Dash fluttered about not seeming able to keep still.

Rarity blinked as the black clad mare fretted, she really hadn't seen Rainbow Dash like this... well ever. “Well darling I'm not entirely certain why you decided to ask me for help instead of one of the others, but I shall do what I can to assist.”

“That's because this problem is like one of those things you know about. I can't go to Twilight, Fluttershy would pass out at the suggestion, and Applejack's worse than I am at this stuff. You're like, the best bet. I mean I guess I could have asked Rahs but I don't understand a word he says, and I only met Princess Cadence like once.”

“That is not telling me the issue..... unless..... Princess Cadence? Oh dear I see now.... You're flustered!” Rarity grinned, her ears perking up at the idea.” Our little Dashie has a crush on some pony!?!?”

“Errrr. Sorta?” Dash blinked, noting that Rarity was now staring at her in a way that was making her even more nervous.

“Details, I need details!!” Rarity squeed, nearly nose to nose with the pegasus.

“Umm well I was pranking every pony tonight and I thought I was gonna prank the crusaders and the Sparkles , but it turned out it wasn't Twilight, but Luna and she made a whole bunch of jack o lanterns chase me...”

“I thought I smelled pumpkin. Also could you go into a bit more detail, I'm not sure I want just the cliff notes version.” Rarity offered, her magic covering her fainting couch with a sheet to prevent the mess pumpkin soaked fur would make before she pushed the couch under Rainbow Dash with her magic forcing the pacing mare to sit down.” Now lay back, calm down, and explain, I am here to help.”

“Uhhhh” Rainbow Dash fidgeted.

“Go on.” Rarity ordered.

“Right so I'm tearing through Ponyville dodging the things like a boss, getting this epic chase going on taking them out one at a time by making sure I maneuver better than they do and they crash into buildings and everything. I thought I shook them off pulling an inverted cork screw around town hall, but one of them blind sides me and I crash into a hay cart....

[earlier]

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH” Rainbow Dash screamed as she tore through town with the flying pumpkins on her hooves. She looked back in a panic at the cackling things before she plows into a hay ride cart and all the gourds chasing her smash into her splattering like pumpkin pies and burying her in the pile of splattered jack o lanterns.

“So I pick myself up, cause it didn't hurt, and this stallion trots up to me and he's all impressed with my flying and dodging those pumpkins but he's all worried cause of that sucker hit and all.”

Prince leaned over the edge of the cart wincing a little at the crashed pegasus.

“Um, are you alright?”

“Blarg.” Rainbow Dash responded.

...” So I hop out and clean myself up a little from that last hit showing I'm still cool and he's got nothing to worry about.....”

Prince lifted the dazed mare out of the cart using his magic to brush off most of the pumpkin guts from her as she tried to regain her composure.

“Seriously, I can help you get to the hospital that was a lot of pumpkins...” Prince offered.

“Wah? Nah nah... I'm good, I walk away from crashes like that all the time....” Rainbow Dash waved a hoof .

“That does not exactly fill me with confidence, that you crash all the time.” Prince smirked.

“That's not what I meant.” Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes as she checked her wings to make sure they still worked, stretching to work out some kinks. “Man that level magic is cheating when it comes to pranks. Just a heads up, Don't try to prank the Crusaders or the Sparkles tonight.”

“I had not planned it.” Prince chuckled.

“So about this point, I realize the guy sounds a bit familiar, and I look over and he looks familiar too, well the costume does. I just couldn't place it at first.” Rainbow Dash explained.

“You look familiar for some reason...... I didn't happen to get you with the thunderbolt thing earlier did I?” Rainbow Dash flattened her ears a bit.

“Errr no.” Prince offered.

“Save you from a falling building?”

“No.”

“Paparazzi hunting?”

“No , but I do want to know where you got that license.”

“Yer not a farmer complaining about the weather schedule are you? I keep telling you Fireball makes the schedule, I just run the field team, she deals with the paperwork and planning.” Rainbow Dash sighed.

“A were pony farmer?” Prince smirked looking at his costume.

“I've seen some weird crap this year it could happen.”

“So we get to talking and I can tell he's impressed with my awesomeness, but he keeps bringing up Twilight which is kinda annoying. But then I figured out where I knew him from.”

“ Twilight said you might be out here. I have been looking for you for some time now.”Prince offered.

“Great... what, does the egg head want to make me look bad again?” Dash grumbled.

“I'm afraid I don't follow.” Prince frowned

“Just... don't worry about it, I'm not happy with her right now.” Dash sighed

“Again I apologize, but I simply asked her where to find you I am not here at her behalf.” Prince placated.

“Huh?”

“I've been looking for a mare, whom I now suspect was you, for a number of years now. “Prince smiled. “Ever since you crashed my birthday party that one year.”

“Ummm...”

“At Avianna manor?”

“Errrr”

“In Canterlot?”

“Ah heh heh.”

“ You dressed as Cat Pone and your friend as a Ghost?”

“Sorta familiar....”

“She filled a room full of soap suds and spiked the punch with a farting potion.”

“OH THAT...” Yeah that was pretty sweet.... um I mean that sounds pretty sweet...... if I was there which I wasn't.” Rainbow Dash frowned.” What are you some kinda narc?”

Prince smirked.” No I was just some one you chatted with out side for a bit.”

Rainbow Dash stared a moment before the pieces clicked in her head.” Seriously? Wolfy?”

“Ahh you do remember.... somewhat.” Prince smirked.

“Really and then what happened?” Rarity asked wondering how many details were lost in this clearly abridged telling.

“Well then I asked if he was there for payback and he said no to that, so I asked him what he was there for, and he pulls off his mask and he's this total smoking stallion, not quite pony Rahs hot, but still. And then he tells me he 's been tracking me down to ask me on a date. And I'm like seriously and he's like yes and I'm like no way, and he's like way, and I'm like 'you, want to ask, me, on a date' , and he's like Yes again. and then I panicked and ran away and grabbed you.....” Rainbow Dash rambled.

“ You... ran away from him?” Rarity blinked.” Why, you said he was handsome?”

“Well yeah, kinda funny too and seemed awesome in his own way I guess, even for not being a pegasus.” Rainbow Dash fidgeted.

“So you wanted to accept?”

“Err yeah I guess kinda...”

“But you ran away.” Rarity dead panned. “ Why?”

“Cause I panicked , it freaked me out …..” Rainbow Dash grumbled.

“Seriously? With as promiscuous as pegasi are known to be...”

“Damn it Rarity, I'm not like other pegasi.”

“What?”

“I'm a professional gamer, evoo, unpunched ,cherry, mint, unopened box, nun in training, unicorn whisperer, crotch noob, Nessie, low mileage, unpetted cat, home plate not on the field, brand new douche canoe, maiden, hymenally challenged, new cummer, white wings, Madonna, unbucked, mother of god, negative cockatude, unbuttered muffin, unvarnished paint, V card owner, mint condition, bee less flower, comic convention main lobby.....” Rainbow Dash rambled.

“What?” Rarity blinked.

“ I'm a virgin, I've never even freaking dated!” Rainbow Dash shouted throwing her forelegs into the air.” Happy, I said it.”

“Wait what? But all the innuendo and suggestion and everything you've been doing......”Rarity blinked.” The whole thing with Rahs and Twilight's brother.”

“It's what pegasus DO. We were a warrior race primarily, sex is something that every pegasus gets into pretty quick as a throw back to when we needed to keep breeding to make more soldiers for wars. The reasons gone but the drives still there. All my banter is to keep my image as a regular pegasus.” Rainbow Dash ranted. “I can flirt with Rahs and Shining cause they don't show any interest in me, this guy did and I didn't know what to do about that!?”

“You mean to tell me that had Rahs reacted favorably to your interest you would have freaked out too?” Rarity asked.

“Probably.” Rainbow Dash admitted.

Rarity slowly blinked as Rainbow Dash started to hyperventilate, she was starting to believe she was one of the only one of her friends who did not have some sort of mental issue. She also decided never to bring that up just in case she had one she didn't notice.

“Wait a moment, if all pegasi are like that....” Rarity started.

“YES, even Fluttershy has banged more than me. You happy now with that information, cause that keeps me up at night sometimes that she probably does that little squeak of hers as she's getting it on.” Rainbow Dash growled.

Rarity blinked, then shuddered a little. “ Yes thank you for that mental image , it shall be some time before I am able to look at her properly now.”

“Sorry... I'm just freaking out here.” Rainbow Dash muttered.

“So what did you tell him?”

“Tell him?”

“Yes did you say yes to his offer of a date ?”

“What part of freaked out and flew off screaming did you miss?” Rainbow Dash countered.

“So you flew off and left him there...... did you actually want to date this stallion?” Rarity demanded.

“Well sorta I guess.... He did look good and he seemed pretty cool....” Rainbow Dash muttered.

“Arrrgh, right. Rainbow Dash here is what you are going to do and you are going to do everything I say exactly as I say it do you understand. “ Rarity ordered as she marched up to press her face to Rainbow's
“Ummm” Rainbow Dash blinked sinking back into the couch cushions.

“You are going to fly back to where you left him, you will find this stallion, you will accept his offer of a date and you will schedule it two weeks from now on a Friday.” Rarity ordered.

“Umm what if he has something to do?”Dash asked.

“Then that is his problem and he will likely wish to resceduale, do not allow him to cut into that two week time if the date is further out than that so be it. “ Rarity snapped.

“Why two weeks?” Dash added surprisingly meekly.

“Because that is how long I predict it will take for me to properly ready you for this date, particularly if the thought of it puts you in the state you are in now. Now get up get out there and go back to this stallion and do what I told you.” Rarity ordered lifting Dash up with her magic and straightening out the mare's costume and ruffled feathers.

“Okay yeah I can do that.” Rainbow Dash stated with a sigh.” Go out accept, date is two weeks from now.”

“Right! Do not chicken out Rainbow Dash.” Rarity ordered sliding her front door out of the way and pushing Rainbow Dash out.

“No no, I got this... I need to focus, just do what you said and it's cool...” Dash let out a sigh her wings flaring as she floated up a little bit.

“By the by what is this mystery stallions name?” Rarity asked as she had yet to hear Dash say it.

“No clue.” Rainbow Dash offered.

“You don't even know his name?!?” Rarity growled.”Find that out too!!”

“I mean I knew his name, I've met the guy before I just can't remember what his name was.” Dash muttered. “ He was that guy who let us borrow the THUNDERHEAD when we were dealing with Discord. So I mean I know he's got taste.”

“The thunderhead?” Rarity blinked.

“Yeah the sulky cart , but it's pronounced THUNDERHEAD, not thunderhead.” Dash corrected.

Rarity's left eye started to twitch as she recalled exactly where they had gone for that wagon.

“Prince Blueblood?!?!” Rarity's voice cracked.

“Yeah, that's the name, the dude who lent us the cart, seems I met him on a pranking spree back in Canterlot with G a while back and he's been looking for me since.” Rainbow Dash considered.

“Prince Blueblood..... has been looking for YOU!?!” Rarity's voice had taken on a slightly demonic tone, though Rainbow Dash was still trying to recall everything and didn't notice.

“ You know maybe I can do this... dude was pretty cool back when I talked to him and I wanna let him know how the THUNDERHEAD handled.” Rainbow Dash offered not noticing Rarity's twitching eye had grown to have her whole head having a nervous tick with a few strands of her normally perfect hair springing out.

“Prince... Blueblood..... asked you out.......”Rarity stated, her voice echoing a little as if it was coming from the pits of Tartarus itself.

“Shoot, I need to get back there and let him know I accept and stuff. “ Rainbow Dash continued oblivious to the bomb before her. “ Thanks Rarity, I'll come back and let you know what he said.”

Rainbow Dash flew off , hoping the stallion was where she left him.

Rarity watched her go before stepping back a pace, where she had been standing had four new hoof prints gouged into the floor, as she pushed her broken door against the door frame, her magic flaring briefly, melting the wooden door to the wooden frame.

Turning she took two steps into her home and closed her eyes letting out a small sigh.

Suddenly her eyes snapped open as smoke emerged from her nostrils, her mane and tail flowing into the air billowing around her as if she was in a major wind storm.

“FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.........”

[ Canterlot]

Princess Celestia blinked rising to trot out to her balcony looking out over Canterlot noticing a number of other ponies poking their heads out of windows or emerging outside to see where the scream had come from.

[ Badlands]

The hive fell silent for the first time ever, not a peep or buzz could be heard from any one for at least a minute.

Finally a booming voice echoed across the hive.

“Get back to work, we are running out of time!”

Obeying their queen, the hive resumed it's work after the echoing scream faded.

[Frozen north]

Forthe stopped his ears flattening to his head. The high pitched scream hurting his ears even in his miserable state.

The Diamond Dogs he had convinced to come with him to this wasteland fell over them selves clutching their ears at the noise.

His attempts to cause harm to those in Ponyville had failed due to, of all things, a super hero. The effort was not worth it once Mare Do Well showed up on the scene. Enough Diamond Dogs knew of him now that he could act on their scant prayers and offerings, but it was a pittance to what he could have had if the taint in his subjects wasn't there.

Still the new plan should have some interesting repercussions, and if it worked it would kill off the entire Sparkle line in one fell swoop. And if they died Luna would probably destroy the entire north and fall back to darkness herself or at least raise the ire of the other gods enough to start another war which would have her destroyed or sealed away again as every god thought she was falling back to darkness and acted on it.

At the very least she would suffer, and that was all that mattered to him.

[ Darklands]

Jer'rahd Kaisur snapped his head up looking around at the surrounding wilderness from where the group had made camp.

Starfall frowned gliding down next to him as they glanced back to the others who had been roused by the noise.

“What the heck was that?” Rhede demanded.

“Sounded like the tortured soul of the damned.” Platinum added.

[Andalusian mountains.]

A young drake looked up from where he was scavenging in a cabin as a scream tore through the night. He frowned holding the pipe rifle he had cobbled together as he wondered what the scream was. Granted the spinning pictures frames on the walls didn't help with the confusion and panic he felt.

[Appaloosa]

“Huh what tha heck was that?” Braeburn questioned trying to climb out of bed only for a pair of rather strong hooves to yank him back into the bed.

“Let the sheriff deal with it.” a female stated.

“But I heard a scream...” Braeburn protested.

“ That was earlier. And I warned you I got loud.” she commented as Braeburn blushed.

“Well glad tah know yah enjoyed it Strong Heart.” Braeburn muttered as the Buffalo cow pulled him tighter to her.

[Ponyville]

A wide berth was giving to Carousel Boutique for the rest of the night and much of the next day. No one was brave enough to go find out what the owner of the shop had screamed about, though a few mares would plan to discretely leave a letter in her mail box calling her out on her language. But for the most part no one was foolish enough to get close to the building while the glowing red aura of death surrounded it. Because the foolish didn't last long in Ponyville.

Author's Note:

And there is was.

For those not following my other works, special guest appearances by Stories in Stone: Tip of the Scales crew, and Azure from Fallout Equestria; Blue of Scales.

And i hope the scream was worth the wait.

PreviousChapters Next