• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 10,904 Views, 3,828 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 2 - TDR



Chaos, bad dating advice, Apples, and more shipping. All in season 2 of TGaP

  • ...
28
 3,828
 10,904

PreviousChapters Next
A Claw-terlot Wedding, Part 2, Part 1

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 2
By TDR

A Claw-terlot Wedding,
Part 2, Part 1

[Canterlot Comics, late afternoon on the second day]

“Oh neat the new Ponyfinder supplement came out.” Spike said excitedly picking up a book and looking through it.

The bored looking counter pony glanced up at Spike, before going back to his comic.”Yeah dude, the Dragonlancer remake came out too. It's not that good though.”

“Really? Dang I had high hopes for that one, ehh maybe I can use some of it.” Spike stated milling about looking over stuff.

Behind him two fillies were split on what they were doing One of them was having just as much fun as Spike, the other was staring bored at the piles of books and was poking around idly to see if there was anything of interest.

Despite his evident distraction, Spike took note of it.

Usually Scootaloo was bored out of her mind in comic shops, she liked some of them well enough due to a couple of films the theaters showed, but she had never gotten into reading comics and found all the O&O books super boring reads despite her want to play and bash her way through the monster manual.
She tended to play the 'charge in and ask questions of any survivors she missed', warrior sort, with the occasional delve into roguely things.

Sweetiebelle despite herself, was as big a nerd as Spike, and her new big sister Luna added to that fire. Spike really needed to get the Princess in on an O&O game one day. She tended to gravitate towards the more detailed and lore heavy books. She also had a bigger collection of dice than even Spike had. Her characters tended to have massive confusing back stories and she gravitated towards rogues and healing types.

Applebloom had the same interest level Spike did , but not with as many different settings and while she could get excited, she could get bored easily too. She opted for spell slingers and druids oddly.

What bothered Spike in this instance was that the roles seemed reversed. Sweetiebelle didn't seem interested in any of the books or even the new dice, and Scootaloo was all over the place and into everything.

It wasn't just this, he had noticed a few oddities with them all day. Changes in favored flavors of ice cream and doughnuts, manner of speech, and now interests that didn't align right. Forgetting things they should know and mentioning things they shouldn't know. he had made a bit of a study on his friends a while ago simply to figure out what sort of game they would like running through so he could keep the balance that would keep all three engaged.

In a normal day he would have chocked it up to the girls just having an off day or being distracted by being in Canterlot with the wedding.

With the possible looming invasion however, Spike was starting to think pod ponies.

The signs were there now that he knew what to look for. It wasn't as if he hadn't designed a number of doppelganger sessions himself to know how to best fool his players. Though now he knew what his players felt like in wondering who to trust in one of those games.

This information needed to be brought to Twilight, She would have some idea what to do, and all he would have to do to see if it was really his sister was bend a books spine a little. And she could easily tell if Rahs was himself.

This was going to be something to laugh at later if he was wrong, but if he was right......

[ Mareiott hotel Canterlot]

[ Canterlot Castle]

Rahs frowned as the pony guard leading him to Twilight turned down another corridor.

He followed along, still feeling sick, though his eyes were narrowed on the back of the Guards head. At first he figured this one was a new recruit, one who was lost and too proud to admit it. Rahs was certain the pony was faking that he knew where he was going. But thus far he had avoided obvious public areas for the back tunnels of the castle.

The fact he had willingly led them into an encounter with Starched Collar and a number of other problematic ponies, made Rahs wonder if he was trying to stall for something.

He also hadn't known Guard Cant and had to have some one translate for him.

Still if they Guard continued to try and waste his time, Rahs was just going to go off on his own, he had explored the castle from near top to bottom as a pup and had a vague idea of where kitchen three was located under the west tower.

He had discovered something about the magic he felt, the spell having lingered enough that he could still taste it, the very thought of that flavor making his stomach roil. He needed to find Twilight and let her know of what he found out.

He knew the scent having been told what it was several times and instructed to avoid it. The spell he felt was strong enough that he could taste it and that was the problem.

His sister had always worried about what would happen if he ate chocolate, and now he knew and would be avoiding it even more.

[ Mareiott hotel Canterlot]
[ Canterlot Castle Kitchen Three]

Applejack frowned as she stirred the mixing bowl. She was the only one left in the kitchen, the others had gone out for lunch, including Twilight and Big Mac. She was going to head out for a bite as soon as Applebloom got back. They were doing pretty well for the moment baring any other changes and they might just manage to get everything done by tomorrow for the wedding.

The only issue Applejack had is she felt rather uneasy about the help she had. Something about the mares and stallions in the kitchen was setting her on edge. She had met them before they started the cooking and they seemed like nice enough folks, but after they had to re do all the food they all started feeling odd to her, like there was something wrong but she couldn't put her hoof on what. She was also starting to feel a little off around Applebloom, but Mac and Twi didn't spur any odd feelings which just made it weirder.

Still she might as well put the bowl in the fridge and get ready to snag some food, pony couldn't work on an empty stomach.

Turning around Applejack nearly bumped into a pony that had been standing there .

“Oh sorry bout that, ah should look where...... what tha heck!?” Applejack stated her eyes going wide.

Applejack grinned at the surprised Applejack before jumping her, the bowl of cake mix shattering against the floor.

[ Mareiott hotel Canterlot]
[ Jenny Jon's sub shop. ]


“Something just feel odd for some reason. “ Twilight sighed.

“Eeyup.” Mac responded eloquently staring at the foot long sandwich in front of him..

“Cadence is mad, Princess Celestia already knows about the date, and got us back for it. I don't remember Cadence ever getting mad and grouchy like this. Usually she just pranked us as hard as we did her.” Twilight rambled poking at her sandwich.

Big Mac shrugged a little, taking a bite of his Hoagie, he really was curious what sort of sauce was on this thing, it was great.

“Rahs is sick too, which is weird enough, Fluttershy isn't in the gardens, Rarity's busy, Pinkie Pie is being far more focused than usual, and Rainbow Dash should have been back by now.” Twilight rambled.” At least Spike heading to the comic shop to stay out from under hoof is normal.”

“Eeeyup.” Maybe some sort of horse radish sauce? Nah it wasn't spicy enough for that, well not for him, maybe for the froo froo Canterlot types it was tongue melting.

“Gah, maybe I'm over thinking this. With the idea of an attack, Luna being gone Celestia being too busy preparing the ceremony, the defense, and the documentation, to talk, there's not really anyone I can talk to but you and AJ and she seems like she's too busy too talk much.”

“Eeyup.” Perhaps it was some sort of mustard, it did have the tang of mustard, but there were far more flavors to it than he expected.

“I dunno maybe I should stop worrying over it and just sit back and try to enjoy the wedding and all the work every ponies putting into it. What do you think?”

Mac froze, his sandwich forgotten as the directed question bounced around his head making his colt friend sense tingle. The good news is he tended to take a while to mull things over in his head before speaking, Twilight was used to it, that gave him time. He quickly rewound the conversation, going over it briefly to find his spot in it and then swallowed the bite he had in his mouth.

“Might be good not tah over think it. Ah'm sure tha princess will calm down after she's married. You ain't got nothing to apologize tah her fer either, she was in tha wrong and ya were asked fer help.” Mac studied the half eaten sandwich.”That said if there's somethin odd going on it's best yah point it out tah tha Princesses. Clearly somethings wrong if it's got yah so worked up. Do you even know who warned about tha attack?”

“No I don't.” Twilight sighed.”Shining might know, but ever since the first day every time I've seen him he looks dead on his hooves. This shield is really taking a lot out of him. “ twilight sighed. “Thanks for listening to me rant anyway Mac.”

“Eyup.” Big Mac smiled as she leaned up and kissed his cheek. Maybe it was some sort of Dijon mustard on the sandwich.

[ Mareiott hotel Canterlot]

[Canterlot Kitchen three]

“Yah done?”

Applejack looked up from where she was cleaning up the mess of the broken bowl and spilled cake batter. The figure before her was Applebloom, only with a faintly sharper tone in her voice, the question was still vague enough that any one over hearing would confuse it for something else. Applejack knew better.

“Yes. She's out of the way.” Applejack sighed.

“Good I'll have a team come and pick her up later, the queen is asking for the infiltrators to meet her in the tunnel if they can get away from their charges. Twilight Sparkle is busy with her colt friend, and while that's a nice meal, we have a job to do.

“What's going on with the meeting?” Applejack asked sounding a little off in her tone.

“Don't ask me, I've got no clue what the Queen wants, also don't forget you're supposed to have a southern drawl not a Manehatten accent. You're not impersonating a fancy pony.” Applebloom sighed.

“Rigot 'sorry.” Applejack offered

“That's an Roo accent...... you know what, never mind, wipe that stupid look off your face and we're good. I know we're short hooved but still you'd think we could get a infiltrator who knew the source. Just come on. The others on the team will come back and clean this up and cover for us.” Applebloom sighed turning to head out the door.

Applejack nodded glancing to the cabinet door she was standing next to, before shoving a black, hole filled hoof into the cabinet, shutting the door tight as she went to follow Applebloom.

Author's Note:

Closing in on the end of the season.

Who had bits on Spike being the first to notice?

PreviousChapters Next