• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 10,897 Views, 3,828 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 2 - TDR



Chaos, bad dating advice, Apples, and more shipping. All in season 2 of TGaP

  • ...
28
 3,828
 10,897

PreviousChapters
Feline butt award, Season 2 Epilogue

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 2
By TDR

Feline butt award
Season 2 Epilogue

[? , Summer, 1 month after the wedding.]

The rustle of the box was soon followed by the woosh of the oat crunchies and the clatter as it fell into the bowl.

There was a faint grumble about the distinct lack of marshmallows in modern cereal compared to how it had been twenty years ago, before a pop and a splash filled the bowl with milk.

A faint tinkling and a large urn was opened and a dollop of pink goo was splattered atop of the cereal before it was stirred into the mix.

Love honey was primarily a changeling thing, a condensed form of the collected love that changelings needed to survive. A changeling could survive for a long time without it, feeding on solid food, but they would eventually grow sicker and die. It was one reason she would never forgive Celestia, despite the needs of her race.

The changeling queen was half way through the bowl when the door to the kitchen burst open and a trio of changelings stood on the other side armed for battle.

Well the female in the front was. She wore armor and held a collection of daggers in her magic. One of the males behind her held a frying pan, and the other had donned boxing gloves for some reason.

Chrysalis simply looked over at them and ate another spoon full of the cereal.

Saturnia cursed her daggers lowering.

“Mother... what are you doing here!?”

“Eating breakfast.” Chrysalis shrugged.

“Are those my oat crunchies!?” Saturnia scolded.

“Oh relax you can get another box.” She glanced at the two males noting that at least Thorax had lowered the frying pan, Bees still seemed ready to go with how he was throwing jabs into the air. One of the wild swings hit Thorax who replied by decking Bees with the frying pan.

Saturnia grumbled and strode over to the table slamming the door in the males faces.

“Seriously mother why are you here?”

“Vacation.”

“In Ponyville? Are you nuts?”

“I've been called worse.”

“Mother.... you started a nation wide changeling hunt, this is an absolute disaster. And now you're just sitting here eating my cereal.” Saturnia stabbed her daggers into the table with a growl before sitting down.”How are you so calm?”

“Because this is the plan. Sure it will suck for a little while. Thanks to Celestia, Canterlot was untouchable to us. Now with Luna and Cadence around we have a chance. Any pro-changeling laws we might have tried to work out would have been stopped by sun butt and the one who suggested them scrutinized heavily. Now we have changelings in places they could pass things to Luna or Cadence. And it won't take much to simply spin the invasion as little more than a rowdy protest, something that was not illegal. No one was hurt and it did less property damage than the last hoof ball riot. As for my beheading Celestia, that's an old feud that falls under a number of unused dueling codes in pony law. The only crime's that could be levied against us could easily be thrown out by a decent lawyer, and we have the best of them.”

“How did you even get the council to agree with this?”

“Pretty easily, I told them to do it, or else. Perks of being a races god. I let them run the day to day, but the long term planning is my thing.”Chrysalis smirked. “So how have you been since I last saw you, we didn't get to talk much except for through the mirror and that's all business. Manage to get into that Moon Dog's pants yet? I'm expecting grand-lings at any time now. Not sure if I want them to call me nana or me-maw though. I will say however he does not do well with chocolate.”

Saturnia groaned. “Why are you here mother?”

“What I can't come and see my daughter?”

Saturnia stared at her mother who was noisily slurping up the last of the milk in the bowl.

“By the stars you're planing to stay here for your vacation aren't you...?” Saturnia grumbled slapping her head to the top of the table. She needed to hide all her snacks in new locations, she was certain her mother had already scouted most of the hidden panels in the kitchen.

“That's not an answer.... honey....”

“Mother on top of blocking the mail and gathering intel for you do you know what this year has been like here?”

“Vaguely,” Chrysalis shrugged.

“Mother this year alone I have been attacked by a chaos god, suffered some sort of weird plague of cutie marks. Pinkie Pie. Had a superhero, of all things run about town. Delt with an angsty Rainbow Dash and mopey element bearers. Had a rush of feather flu hit the hive during a water delivery to Cloudsdale. Pinkie Pie. Had Princess Luna herself come to town more often than she is in Canterlot. Had some stupid charlatans who tried to out business the Apples sucker Thorax and Bees out of a few hundred bits each. Had the date of the century turn the town into a battle ground against the Princesses The dragon attack. We have had 56 Tuesdays. The CMC. I had to fight against two other suitors and still failed at catching Rahs. We had PETA foal napping citizens, one of them even captured Kevin and we had to rescue him. Pinkie Pie. There was ridiculously over powered sister hooves social starring the Princesses, AGAIN. A minotaur assertiveness trainer who Bees took after and started rhyming for a month. Pinkie Pie. You have the whole country hunting changelings. And, AND, you ate the last of my oat crunchies! “ Saturnia ranted. “How do you think I've been!?”

“So pretty good then?” Chrysalis offered as Saturnia screamed and smacked her head on the table.

“Calm down honey. It's not that bad, if the plan works out properly we won't even need to hide any more, it's just gonna be rough for a bit. Even if it does go south, you'll outlive any one who was going to cause an issue with it save Celestia. And she's mostly my problem.”

“Except you have probably made Cadence hate us.”

“Most likely just me. But she'll get over that. I did meet her husband though, nice guy a little dull.... I wonder if that's why she chose vanilla for the cake flavor to represent him. Clever girl.” Chrysalis chuckled. “ I'll go have a word with her again once everything's cooled down.”

“So you never asked her then?” Saturnia sighed.

“I'm afraid there wasn't time, and I couldn't risk Celestia finding out that we survived.” Chrysalis sighed. “ And I never could manage to meet up with her away from the hag. With luck we can meet with her again without any issue to talk.”

“It's been forty years mother.”

“Which is barely any time at all for a god or a child of a god.” Chrysalis shrugged. “ You never really wanted to meet her before.”

“Now I do.” Saturnia sighed pulling off her armored helmet.

“ Oh did your new found interest in boys trigger this?” Chrysalis grinned, this was an old discussion with her daughter.

Saturnia tossed her head, long strands of naturally pink hair falling down over the sides of her head on either side of her gnarled horn.

“At some point I wish to meet my sire, mother.” Saturnia frowned.

Author's Note:

FINAL ACT TWEEEST!!!!

Also for those who want to know about the title?

Cat's ass trophy.
Catastrophe.

And here's the link to season 3

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 145 )

Dun dun DUN!

Well f#@k!!!!!

wait what, Candace is a daddy,

So, does that mean Saturnia is Cadance and Chrysalis' daughter?

“At some point I wish to meet my sire mother.” Saturnia frowned.

HO-LE SHEEEEEEIT. I didn't expect this, bravo!

It still doesn't exolain why she needs to be subversive and an asshole. If Cadence already knew Chrysalis why not just talk to her so that changelings can exist in public without being hunted down? And then there's how she's so interested in putting her daughter and Rahs together, how is that supposed to ever be a good thing? None of it says Rahs' consent or wellbeing is a part of that plan, just that they want to use him as a breeder & weapon.

How anyone thinks they're at all the "good guys" or justified is baffling.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha! Did not see that coming!

Well the female in the front was. She wore armor and held a collection of daggers in her magic. One of the males behind her held a frying pan, and the other had donned boxing gloves for some reason.

The guy with the frying pan is clearly the biggest threat (as well as the wisest warrior) :moustache:

“Oh relax you can get another box.” She glanced at the two males noting that at least Thorax had lowered the frying pan, Bees still seemed ready to go with how he was throwing jabs into the air. One of the wild swings hit Thorax who replied by decking Bees with the frying pan.

See :ajsmug:

“In Ponyville? Are you nuts?”

She's a goddess, of course she's nuts... though taking a vacation in Ponyville might be a little extra nuts with Twilight still angry at her :applejackunsure:

“By the stars you're planing to stay here for your vacation aren't you...?” Saturnia grumbled

:pinkiecrazy:

“Except you have probably made Cadence hate us.”

Nah, she'll just be angry at Chryssie for a bit before calming down :twilightsmile:

“At some point I wish to meet my sire, mother.” Saturnia frowned.

Oh ho ho did not see that one coming, should make the relationship between Cadance, Shining, Chryssie and Saturnia interesting in the future :trollestia:


So the long term plan is to pitch ideas of integrating undisguised changelings with the ponies to Luna and Cadance (and later Twilight... probably) as they don't have a deep seated personal grudge :moustache:

9654334
Celestia did something, something unforgivable, to Changlings in general or Chrysalis in particular. That's why all the shenanigans.

Well..... Shining it is a good time to have a harem with them now

9654334
The problem with just talking to Cadance is that Celestia hates Chrysalis and would never agree to it.

And even though Cadance is also a princess, Celestia still has the final word.

With Luna back it's possible to to get two out of three princesses on their side in this matter and Celestia will hesitate to cause a divide like that with Luna.

As for the whole Rahs thing, that's just Chryssie supporting her crushing daughter, there's no malicious goal or plan involved with that.

They might not be the "good guys" but they're not bad either as Chrysalis is just working to make it so the changelings don't have to hide anymore.

As for her rude behavior, it was mostly just directed towards Celestia (who she hates) or used to further the plan.

“At some point I wish to meet my sire, mother.” Saturnia frowned.

:pinkiegasp: The Drama! It be real!

I did meet her husband though, nice guy a little dull.... I wonder if that's why she chose vanilla for the cake flavor to represent him

Does that make Shining the vanilla to Cadence's strawberry and Chryssy's chocolate in this wacky Neapolitan?

“At some point I wish to meet my sire, mother.” Saturnia frowned.

Oh, well that sounds reasonab- BWUUUH?!

More complications to everyone's family tree/flow charts!
Well I'm off to LucidChart to try and document this.

Can't say I predicted that but can't exactly claim I'm surprised either. I always find deific family tress amusing.

TDR
TDR #18 · May 31st, 2019 · · ·

9654536
So i tried that. Set up the flow charts with the Puppyverse's current known relation ships and family statuses.

it looked neat.

So i added in the ones that havn't been revealed yet.

And well.....

To make a long story short i think i summoned Cthulhu.......

9654610
well... THAT's reassuring...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

should have saw that coming, but at the same time, makes sense

Saturnia's rant was a perfect chronological summary of season 2. I do wish she could come into a clearing with the Sparkle siblings though. They would hit it off within a few conversations.

Okay, so Saturnia is Cadance and Chrysalis daughter, but wouldn't that make Saturnia a god like her mothers? Unless she doesn't have a aspect leaving her at the demi-god state.

9654219
Magical Lesbian Spawn. And no, I am not making that up.

TDR

9655276
Gods in TgaP work like this.

There are gods, natch, they cannot be killed until what they represent is gone, hence many of them try for as many portfolios as they can
The children of these gods are demi gods. They are immortal with some of the powers of their parents, but they can be killed by 'violent' means.
The children of demi gods are considered apex of their species, the highest skill and ability that that species can achieve, they are mortal though.
The children of the Apex are normal mortals.

pairings of any of these always rest to the highest tier, so a god and mortal would have a demi god, and two gods would still have a demi god.

The universe is fickle however and gods can appear from anything if there is a need.

9655508
Ah I see. So I take it Celestia is the goddess of cakes and Luna the goddess of moon-pies then?:derpytongue2:

TDR

9655564
explination fully to come later

And let's not forget dealing with Pinkie Pie in that year.

*eye twitching and internal screaming intensifies*

9657749
Chris was a major character in the Resident Evil series of games. There was an old meme about him having a relationship with a huge boulder in the final boss fight area in Resident Evil 5.

Looking back, I completely forgot about Mauds Boulder...

“At some point I wish to meet my sire, mother.” Saturnia frowned.

Wai wah.....

9688718
That is the kind of thing that kind of needed to be established in text before a point like this to make sense.

TDR

9688730
yes i do sometimes miss details as i think i put them in but they are still only in my head.

9697107
I actually rather like that, as it just drives home how simple this was and all it really took as an apology, that they'd all built this up a lot worse then it needed to be. It just clashes with how big a deal it all started with, but I much prefer this way of sorting it all out. Especially since it was clear for a while this was all that was really needed.

9698253
I did, but eventually she just seemed to... forget about it. The only one she actually appeared to have made up with was Fluttershy, and they said that was because she didn't really even want to be doing it in the first place, she was just too timid to say no.

The rest of them acted like they were going to make amends but didn't seem to actually go through with it. It's just said "oh that happened off-screen" and then they continue onwards despite it looking like nothing actually occured. I keep seeing things of this sort throughout the series and its driving me up the damn wall.

9699014
What else was needed? it was clear for several chapters by that point that Dash had cooled down, and was missing hanging out with the rest of the Mane 6, that she was mostly just avoiding them until she had a (to her) valid excuse to have to interact with them again. While the ones she hadn't yet, it was also clear they were sorry and were just waiting for a good time to talk to her about it, which was only pushed back so long because RD was avoiding them because she knew she really didn't want to keep avoiding them, but was too stubborn to admit it.

Everything was clearly set up and there for this to make sense and work, there really was no point in drawing it out more with what would pretty much boil down to nothing more then "Sorry we were assholes, we won't do it again, we cool?"

TDR

9703688
I get a bit of mileage out of that Pratchet joke in my work.

In the grim future of Equestria, there is only .....cupcakes...... and not the good kind....

I have way too much fun writing the parts that has Bees in it.

Dumb fabric.......

9713031
In this age wherein fursuits are a thing, I'm pretty sure that misanthropy has been redefined as a hatred/dislike of sentience.

9713342
There is no 'redefining' it, that is the literal meaning of the words used to make that term. Those words being from 'dead' languages that do not change at all over time due to not being used for anything but situations like this.

And then the follow up and..... here's the Chryssi we know, cause her plan makes no sense, at all. How does staging a mass invasion do anything to help turn public sentiment towards you? Especially when you make clear it was for such petty reasons? There's quite a few crimes that you quite clearly did, kidnapping, impersonation, rape, destruction of private/public property, disturbing the piece, and countless others... this makes less sense then any plan she has ever come up with.

56 Tuesdays... either Equestria has a different year then Earth, or damn, Ponyville is just so damn weird.

Those multiple Pinkie Pie on the list aren't repeats, it's different Pinkies each time.

And then..... Cadance.... sire..... you..... oh yes! All the yes... you kinky, kinky little Love Goddess!

So Season 2 overall.... I loved it, definitively an improvement over the already good Season 1. More focus on original plots, more building its own lore,and more either taking episodes and using them for new things, or having the chances make more sense. Far less 'fix fic' feels, less random drama for the sake of drama with Twi's parents (so glad that seems to have been dropped) Not feeling like Rarity bashing every chance the story got (though Celestia felt like she got turned into the stories punching bag this time, just not in as mean spirited a manner as Rarity was last season.

Good set up for more to come, changes, fun, and just no end to hilarious awesomeness.

TDR

9744543
Thus on to season 3......with more world building and moon puns. And drama cause well....Rahs.....

9744543
So, still less damage then a hoofball riot then?

9744529
alright. that's true. but at the same time, I will continue to call myself a misanthrope until someone gives be a word which means 'a person who hates all people' as opposed to 'a person who hates all humans'

TDR

9753361
Retail worker.

9753660
true. but I don't work retail.
yet.

TDR

9761214
Berkly is based on Scarlet Pimpernickl

9790908
Oh yeah, Caboose in angry mode right ? :trixieshiftright:

Oh my GOD, that's Cady's kid, isn't it?

I was re-reading the season 1, and found something in chapter 3

She hates that title by the way. She also really hates the fact that one of the first photographs of her, shows her slopping pigs, covered in mud and strands of hay while she was helping out a neighbor. It's a long forgotten image now, but I’ve got close to three hundred copies of it stashed away, including one on a giant banner that I am so going to put up if she ever gets married or hosts a big party.

I think Celestia Or TDR forgot about it?

Login or register to comment