• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 10,888 Views, 3,828 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 2 - TDR



Chaos, bad dating advice, Apples, and more shipping. All in season 2 of TGaP

  • ...
28
 3,828
 10,888

PreviousChapters Next
Serval of my Excess, prologue

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 2
By TDR

Serval of my Excess, prologue

[Ever Free Forest, three weeks after Hearths Warming. Monday]

“Now then mah little friend, ahdd the last bit and this will end.” Zecora stated smoothly as she watched Applebloom add the last bit of of a small bowl into the bubbling mix.

It had taken a bit before Zecora trusted the littlest Apple back in her hut after the Cutie Pox incident. But the foal was still eager to learn, though she still had the impatience that Zecora had tried to curtail.

Forcing the filly to prepare all the ingredients before hoof and place them in properly measured bowls had helped considerably. Currently Zecora was watching over her as she worked on something a bit more advanced than usual.

“Stir it?” Applebloom asked holding up a large spoon as Zecora shook her head.

“No thaht will do, it all needs to settle for ah proper brew.” Zecora stated as the spoon was put away.

“So this is that mix you were working on? The one that makes everything else better?” Applebloom asked.

“Not better ah would sahy, more it speeds other things on its wahy.” Zecora explained.”With this ah healing potion that normallyy would take a dahy or two, might be reduced to working by the time you drahnk the brew.”

“So it speeds up other potions durations, neat.” Applebloom smiled looking over the potion watching the oily orange colored mess bubble up towards the surface, the darker excess and waste boiling down towards the bottom of the pot.” He .. Zecora... I know it's a bit much tah ask cause I keep bugging yah tah train me, but can we cut this a little short today?”

Zecora blinked looking back at her 'apprentice' at the question.

“Ah think we can do thaht today, but what is it thaht makes you wish to be awahy?” Zecora asked.

“It's Spike's birthday or hatching day or what ever today. Twilight hatched him at tha start of the new year when she took Princess Celestia's test. “Applebloom explained excitedly. “ ah still need tah run by tha farm and git tha gift ah got him.”

“Ahh I see now the case. It would be ahmiss to mahke you lahte to his place.”Zecora nodded scooping a small layer of the orange mix off the top of her potion cauldron . She quickly sealed the bottle and cleaned off the excess before wrapping it in a small wooden box with three other potions.

“Still even though this is through , there is ahnother task I have for you.” Zecora added sealing the box. “Twilight Spahrkle sent the request, for a few mixes of whaht I do best. So the last thing I have for you, is to give these to Twilight, then you are through.”

Applebloom nodded and took the small box putting it in one of her saddle bags.

“What else is in these?”Applebloom asked.

“A bit of Silphum, a bit of Everfree Thyme, and lastly some Poison Joke petals and the last of this rhyme.” Zecora chuckled.

“YEESH.” Applebloom flinched looking back at her saddle bags with worry. “Remind me to get rid of this stuff quick.”

“Ge rid of this stuff quick,” Zecora snarked. “Or the next batch you will pick.”

“Right I'm gone, see yah later Zecora.” Applebloom shouted as she raced out the door through the lightly snow covered forest.

Zecora watched her go considering lightly. Perhaps she should send something for young Spikes birthday as well.

Author's Note:

here we go. count down to hearts and paws day has begun

PreviousChapters Next